Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

I'm gonna be brief as possible. My dog keeps getting fleas

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 20180506_030126.jpg (371 KB, 1073x1073) Image search: [Google]
20180506_030126.jpg
371 KB, 1073x1073
I'm gonna be brief as possible. My dog keeps getting fleas on her. Its fucking ridiculous. I know to kinda expect them, but it's like I have to wash her everyday. And if I dont, there will be A LOT on her. I've been keeping them off of her but no sprays or shampoos are helping enough. Any ideas? What do?
>>
File: 20180506_013105.png (672 B, 228x196) Image search: [Google]
20180506_013105.png
672 B, 228x196
I was about to make another recommendation but when you got into shampoo I was like dude what is this nigga doing everyone knows you're supposed to shave the fuck out of a dog when it gets ticks.
>>
Flea collar and destroy bedding she has as eggs are laid in the cloth. Spray carpets and soft furnishings in your house.
>>
>>767806070
Advantix if its a big dog, seresto flea collar if its under 50ish pounds.
>>
>>767806206
Not ticks dude, fleas
>>
>>767806206
Not ticks. Fleas. Plus shes a chihuahua/mutt. She sheds out the ass- no need to shave.

>>767806207
I do that, except for the collar. Been thinking on it.

Any other ideas? I'm desperate so I'll take what I can get.
>>
>>767806070
Pic of doggo
>>
oh shit its already to late for intervention. kill the the dog and burn the house down.
>>
>>767806396
Medicated collar is best, then treatment like frontline
>>
>>767806396
I use nexguard for my chi.
>>
You can't just do the dog. You have to do the dog and floors. If you have carpet, vacuuming alone isn't enough. Shampoo the carpet - especially in the areas that get little sunlight. If you have hardwood floors, focus on the corners. Once you're done with that, spray everything - keep the dog outside until it dries. Once all of that is done, flea shampoo the dog. I've done this for decades and haven't had an issue - no flea collar necessary.
>>
jizz on her, not trolling it really gets rid of fleas

also bathing in a 1/1/1 water, dawn dish soap, apple cider vinegar gets fleas off like a champ.
>>
>>767806508
Just to note, this is a once per year process that I do. I've already done it this year (I do it once the air temperature starts getting into the 60s).
>>
>>767806563
also like a drop or 2 of peppermint essential oil in mix helps prevent for real
>>
>>767806563
Dont need acv. Does nothing
>>
>>767806070
shampoos sprays and all of that stuff are useless.
you need to give her COMFORTIS (Spinosad), make her swallow that pill and that's it.
100% effective, kills all fleas and won't come back for at least one month
>>
Give your dog the flea pill dude. Easy
>>
Certified animal doctor here.
Only one solution:
>Kill the dog.
>>
>>767806734
Makes doggo a little down and out for 1.5 days though
>>
>>767806399
Yes sir

>>767806440
I hear ya. Dont think I hadn't thought about it.

>>767806501
Bet, I'll consider it.

>>767806508
I've done everything but shampoo the carpet. I'm but a college student working on minimum wage. Cant afford one atm

>>767806563
rEaL sHiT?
>>
>>
This.
>>
>>
Our pup had fleas when we got her.
Spent about a week picking them off her. And then we moved and havent seen a flea since.
Also frontline once theyre clean
>>
>>767806888
this one never worked on my pet
>>
chihuahua's are the worst kind of dog. OP is an faggot (as usual) for owning one. i'm being totally serious. it's like it's not even a dog, just a really annoying cat that sort of barks.
>>
Use a systemic flea treatment. I've cats and dogs and found "spot on" treatments to be the best. Use them regularly as directed. If you miss a treatment you're risking a outbreak in the house.. have to keep on top of it mang.
>>
>>767806715
really? then why the hell do I use it? fuck pintristor wherever I got that recipe 5 years ago
>>
>>767806839
The shampooing of the carpet is pretty important. It doesn't matter which method you use because in the egg stage, fleas are protected. This is why you shampoo the carpet. The shampoo loosens them from the fabric so they can be sucked up. Otherwise once they hatch they're ready to jump on the dog (or you - they're not really picky).
>>
>>767806070
Flea collars don't work, or at best help slightly.

Sounds like you now have an infestment problem which can be a bit hard to deal with if you don't know what you're doing.

If you have a dog that goes outside you MUST get them proper flea treatment, in this matter brand name matters hugely. The offbrand stuff rarely works or if it does it's not as effective. ALWAYS GET FRONTLINE OR ADVANTAGE (also called advantix). You apply it once a month. Apply it every month (though sometimes you can get by not doing it at winter time).

Also, you know how fleas and eggs in the fabric of your clothing and carpeting and your bedding. Treat the animals AND you must treat the house.

Bug bombs can work, but I find they don't kill the eggs so in about 2 weeks, you have a recurring problem. Get the Raid in a can that you spray directly into the carpeting/bedding. Do every square inch of your carpets, all your bedding, AND all your clothes. Leave to let the fumes disapate for a few hours. Come back and wash the clothing (you don't want to wear anything that has insecticide in it still).

It should fully address the problem, though it may take like 3 cans of Raid depending on how big your apartment/house is.

I'm always shocked at how many people who own pets and don't know how modern flea treatment works (or how to deal with infestation).

Then after that just apply Frontline or Advantage(advantix) once a month and you should never have problems with fleas ever again.
>>
>FRONTLINE OR ADVANTAGE >>767807073
FRONTLINE OR ADVANTAGE WILL MAKE YOUR DOG GAY
>>
>>767806992
Look man, I agree with you. This was my mom's dog originally. Long story short she got on drugs and no one would take care of her. I took it upon myself. I might be a faggot when I say this, but owning her for so long, I got attached. Hate me but it's True

>>767806940
Funny shit, my guy.

Anyways, thank you for everyone's help. Much appreciated!
>>
it's going to be flea season and there are a shit ton of cats around. Why are those little shit soo hard to kill? like i had one on my leg once and i pressed on it with my finger hard as fuck and it still didn't die.

Do sprays works if i spray on the outside walls of my house? like would that give my house +15 armor against fleas?
>>
>>767806839
poor baby. give her to an owner who isn't a complete moron.
>>
>>767807436
Yea, fuck you.
>>
>>767806070
Shave her
>>
>>767807429
Less effective if exposed to the elements (direct sunlight and rain both hinder the efficacy).
>>
"diatomaceous earth food grade"
Google is your friend dude
>>
>>767806070
I hope you're still here lemme find the recipe I used on my chihauha that got rid of fleas
>>
>>767807938
Yes, I'll be happy to hear it.
>>
>>767806070

treat your yard, treat the living areas, treat the dog with vet recommended stuff. this ain't rocket science fuckstick.
>>
>>767807938
1 quart of water
1 CUP of white vinegar
1 CUP of REGULAR dish soap with NO scent. They sell regular and organic ones like that.

You take part of it and use it as dog shampoo, and then you water it down a tiny bit and put it in a spray bottle so you can spray the bed and around the house, and on your dog every couple days.

This gets rid of fleas like a motherfucker
>>
>>767807994
Also remember to not overwash your dog, it will dry out their skin, bath once or twice a month at most, so use the spray bottle in between washes. Just on the coat, like i's back, on its bed and just some spots where it goes.
>>
>>767808084
Yes! Thank you. This is what I needed >>767808071
I know, mf. I'm asking for suggestions cause what I'm doing isn't enough bitch.
>>
>>767807493

NO FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCK ASS DOG BITCH
>>
>>767808185
Good luck, because if this doesn't work you legitimately need professional help to get rid of the fleas where you live probably. But this definitely works, I used it on a big ass Rottweiler too because the fleas were getting him, and he hasn't had fleas in 2 years, and neither did my baby, but he went to doggy heaven last August.
>>
>>767808296
Oh my God, I'm sorry. I couldn't imagine. Thank you again.

>>767808228
Nigga I like being played with roughly so bring it. I'll kiss you goodnight if you dont stop playing with me
>>
>>767808421
Last thing, some people will say baby soap, but baby soap is pretty trash, it's hard to find baby soap that doesn't fucking cause cancer. And dogs get cancer like a motherfucker.

But the regular dish soap with no scent is cheap, and if you have like a Ralph's or a Kroger near you I bought some there for like 2 bucks in a 16oz bottle.
>>
>>767806903
What a qt
>>
>>767808461
Sweet, thank you. Any particular brand I should look into
>>
>>767806070
My dog had a horrible flea problem and it was because of the grass we walked her in outside when we took her on walks. they lived in the grass
>>
>>767808603
That's what I'm thinking it is. Everything is fine until I walk her. I bring her in, they're EVERYWHERE. Any suggestions on that?
>>
>>767806070
Get the eartags that deer farmers use to keep ticks away. Attach one to dog's collar & they'll be flea - free for 4-6 months, for around $5
t. hunter's trick
>>
>>767806070
Go to your local vet.
Tell them you.want.COMFORTIS
It's a.pill, you wash.your.dog after the pill.
But treat your yard, your carpets, other animals. Comforts.kills what's on the dog, it doesn't prevent fleas from jumping back on the dog.
It's a monthly pill about 35$
>>
>>767806070
better diet
diatomaceous earth for treatment: 100% safe
>>
>>767806839
>I've done everything but shampoo the carpet. I'm but a college student working on minimum wage. Cant afford one atm
We had a huge infestation one summer, I would go to a certain section of my home and I would see like 20-30 jump at me in the span of couple of seconds. Daily vacuuming and scrubbing the floors with washing detergent worked great. We tried a lot of stuff until finding out that the cheapest one works best, just dump it into a bucket and start scrubbing.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.