Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

What's the worst sport-related injury you ever had?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: o-FOOTBALL-INJURY-facebook[1].jpg (405 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-FOOTBALL-INJURY-facebook[1].jpg
405 KB, 2000x1000
What's the worst sport-related injury you ever had?
>>
>>767766123
not worst but most painful would be hitting shins with someone where we both winded up a bit to kick the ball. Worst dislocated my shoulder
>>
Grade 3 tear of my acl, grade 2 tear mcl, then a month after my surgery you're my patella tendon.
>>
>>767766186
wait hittin shins is more painful than a dislocated shoulder? I mean this is soccer you're talking about, don't you wear shin pads?
>>
Not me, but a classmate tore a muscle in his shoulder by throwing a snowball.
>>
>>767766271
hitting shins was by far the most painful experience ive had so far. i was only 12 or 13 so it wasnt that hard, but something about it was just awful, a searing "bone on fire" pain for at least 45 minutes to an hour or so. no shinguards, was just a recess game, but it taught me the importance of those things. dislocated shoulder didnt really hurt, was more of a soreness than a fiery pain. getting it popped back in was pretty uncomfortable but not that painful
>>
>>767766482
how did you dislocate your shoulder?
>>
>>767766123
I once completely shattered my right knee and thigh while playing chess.
>>
>>767766616
kek
>>
>>767766546
was highjumping, 16-17 years old, and landed on the mat wrong. My form was always kind of fucked, i stopped after i sprained my back pretty bad. now im an inactive fuck.
>>
Most pain was I took a soccer ball to the nuts, pee blood afterward. Longest recovery was I split my patella in half.
>>
>>767766772
goalkeeper?
>>
>>767766123
Motocross: Separated all my ribs from my sternum in a stupid crash. Agony.
>>
>>767766123
Busted a nut after wrestling your mom
>>
>>767767363
That wasn't wrestling, it was forcible sodomy, and it wasn't his mom it was his dad in drag.
>>
>>767766123
Does E-Sport count?
>>
>>767768544
>E-Sport
lol there's a whole generation growing up thinking that's actually a thing.
>>
>>767766123
Technically the worst was when I fractured a vertebrae while playing football in 8th grade. Just thought it was a sprain and didn't find out until years later that I had actually fractured it. Worse in terms of pain was when I broke my foot playing baseball when I was 11 because I broke 2 toes at the same time.

I was ridiculously active throughout school, by the time I graduated high school I had broken every limb and had fairly minor surgery on both knees.
>>
i kicked my own arms off
>>
Broke 7 ribs on one side.
>>
>>767768732
how?
>>
>>767768702
If what you say is true, then how did you reply to the thread with no arms?
>>
>>767768964
i kicked my keyboard you fucking ho
>>
>>767766123
broke collarbone playing rugby
>>
>>767768653
It is a Sport! You have to train very hard and it is very exhausting!
>>
>>767769168
fuck, high tackle?
>>
When i was in 2nd grade at soccer practice, someones older brother who i think was in 9th or 10th grade was kicking around the ball and accidently bombed it full speed into my face, only time in my life ive ever been unconcious. It was indoor soccer so smacking the back of my head on the gym floor was like getting double fucked. Concusion
>>
>>767769428
nah, i tried to tackle a tall guy right before he scored and he landed pretty hard on me
>>
>>767766123

I was the goalkeeper for my high school soccer team.

One day in practice, someone else from the team brought by their cousin who was visiting from England.

The guy was a semi-professional player there, and we had him take some shots on goal, just fucking around. At some point, we decided it would be fun to see how well I could do at stopping him on PK's.

At one point, an assistant coach by the net started talking to me, and I turned to talk to him for a second. While I was doing this, the semi-pro dude was also sort of half-paying attention and rifled one right at me. I reacted just in time so that my hands were out but not set and the shot hit my fingers as they were going up and out and hit them straight on. It would've been much better if I hadn't reacted at all.

Even as a semi-pro players, those guys can still send shots in with quite a bit of heat behind them. It's probably somewhat comparable to a AA pitcher throwing to a high school catcher.

Hands rekt.

Between the two hands, six broken fingers, four dislocated.
>>
>be me, 13ish
>in boy scouts and camping about 15 minutes outside of my hometown
>friends and i were playing smear the queer at night in a field, no lights
>guy who had the ball was heading straight towards me and didn't see me cause it was dark
>get down on my hands and knees so he'll trip over me and drop the ball
>he trips and i reach my right hand to grab the ball from him
>rest of the guys thought I was the queer and tackled me
>10 guys pile up on my back and the only thing that's holding me up is one wrist
>hear a crunch from my forearm
>searing pain
>everyone gets up and my wrist is fucking snapped
>none of the adults want to bother driving 15 minutes to get me to a hospital
>make a makeshift splint out of magazines, a stick, and a handkerchief
>mom hears about it the next day and was fucking livid and drives me to the hospital
>because i wasn't taken to a hospital asap my wrist is still fucked up to this day
>had to give up playing violin and guitar cause my wrist wouldn't let me play

I wasn't an athletic kid and the one time i do something physical, i get an injury that robbed me of the only 2 things i was good at. Fucking figures.
>>
File: Broken ankle.jpg (32 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Broken ankle.jpg
32 KB, 540x960
I broke my ankle playing basketball when someone landed on me trying to block my fastbreak layup... but i am able to run marathons again which is good because i fist think i would even be able to walk normally again. Though i still have to ice my ankle everyday even 4 years later now or it swells up. But put the work in during pt and you'll recover better.
>>
>>767766123
>Be me 17
>Pitching in baseball
>Big guy comes up
>Throw him a pitch down the middle for some fucking reason
>Hits the ball right at me harder than I've ever seen
>Like an autist I put my foot out to block it
>Feel nothing as the ball hits off my foot
>Go to take a step and collapse over
>Broke ankle
Never had a broken bone before but fuck it hurt. That would be my worst.
>>
Broke ACL playing foot-SOCCER
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.