Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Some anon here was talking about their dad being an "alcoholic"

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 4
Some anon here was talking about their dad being an "alcoholic" then the thread went away (I'm assuming because OP was just a whiney bitch who had no idea how actual alcoholism is)

So Id thought I'd share my story with that anon.

Also I encourage you all to share your stories dealing with an alcoholic or being one yourself.

Let's show the lil baby anon what it's really like.
>>
Pfft grow up.

And I mean that....your dad's not an alcoholic. An alcoholic would be drinking everyday and unable to function properly.

My dad was on the borderline. Mainly weekends he would drink but there were weekdays where he NEEDED to drink and days he would have to call off from work because he would still be too drunk in the morning.

You wanna know what my dad did when he was drunk? He's done a number of things. He kicked my mom in the ass so hard it shattered he tailbone, he's hit her in front of us (me and my sister), would hit us (wouldn't consider it "beating" but he's massive so if he hut it hurt like hell) and on the good days he would fight the urge to hit us and would just go into our room and basically trash it while me and my sister cowered in the corner..
Then having to hear your dad talk about how he wants to fucking blow his brains out and then having to see my mom hide the guns in the house....all pretty traumatizing to a little girl.

Though when he was sober my dad was a very good dad. He did work a lot so my mom would tell me that his work stressed him to those breaking points..

So as a kid I avoided him a lot...i was deathly afraid of him...i just felt like I was a bother to him because of what He did when He was drunk.

The older me and my sister got the more his violent tendencies slowed down. I think it was because just the whole little kids acting like little kids really annoyed him honestly.

But now at 28 I hold nothing against my dad and I adore my dad more than my own mother. He's gone thru hell to support all of us (he's the sole provider). Whenever my dad wants a drink I think he fucking deserves it.

My dad rarely gets violent when he's drunk now but he still has a tendency to shit talk (and I mean really dig a knife into your heart kinda talk) but other than that now he just passes out and he's good.

I love my dad to death. It took me growing into An adult to really respect the stuff he did for us all
>>
>>767727158
>>767727158
So to sum it all up.

Your dad being a non violent weekend drinker is something he's earned the right to do seeing as he works hard.

You have no idea what real bad shit actually looks like and even someone like me could grow the fuck up and look passed it all..
Start showing your dad some fucking respect
>>
>>767727124
I'm the alky.
To be responsibly brief, I got arrested many times for DUI, disturbing the peace, ect.
There were health problems later, like pancreatitis
It was a shitty way to live.
>>
Bump
>>
>>767727124
Dude no one gives a shit. People have had worse parents, and people have worse lives. The fact that you had both your parents alone is probably a good sign, you fucking queer.
>>
>>767727124
I'm a dad to a 10 month old.
All I've managed this year is to quit 10 days x 2 and 6 days x 1. I hate that I can't even love my wife and son enough to quit. It fucking sux.

Also OP, did he ever apologise for hitting you?
I've never hit a woman so I'm not a violent drunk but I am a drunk and I hate this fucking disease.
>>
>>767727691
Yeah the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life has been pancreatitis.
I was in hospital with it twice last year. The second time was worse, because I swelled up so much and had water in my lungs.
The morphine button is nice though.
>>
>>767727124
Addiction is a symptom of mental issues.
>>
>>767727706
Hope you're not referring to me (OP) lol

I'm on no way saying my life was the worst. I'm completely fine. I'm just comparing it to an anon who made a thread saying
"My dad's a fucking alcoholic. He works fine on the weekdays but on Friday he drinks a lot and he doesn't get violent but he gets annoying"

That shit triggered me a bit. Sounded like a spoiled little shit who hasent had a bad thing happen to him all his life...so all I'm doing is comparing my experience to his to help shed light on what an actual "issue" looks like.

I'm beyond lucky to have both my parents and the fact that we are all alive and well.
I'm fully aware it could have been worse
>>
>>767727981

>>The morphine button is nice.

Just what we alkys need, Hehe.
>>
>>767727830
>I've never hit a woman so I'm not a violent drunk but I am a drunk and I hate this fucking disease.

Yeah but alcohol gives back in other ways. Like its delicious taste and lovely altering of one's conscious state.

Wish I had some alcohol right now.
>>
>>767728136
I only wish I had some because these cold sweats and I feel so anxious.
Not even 12 hours since my last drink and I'm a fucking mess.
>>
>>767728039
"It could have been worse"....
What does this really mean?
>>
>>767728233

I've never had to go through that, though I figure by all rights I should have. I was drinking a quart a day for a while, plus trips to the bar. But never got the DTs.

I've cut way back since then, but I still crave it. I just have to exert effort to manage myself. It sucks.
>>
>>767727830
Oh yea he has. I always saw my dad as the tough guy and when I was about 10 (about when most of the hitting had stopped) I remember him calling me into his room and he was sitting on the bed crying completely sober. I was freaking out because it was the first time I'd seen him cry. During that time though I was still pretty scared and avoided a lot of contact with him so It was awkward to stand there and to hear him apologize and want a hug.
Even when he was sober my dad wasn't the affectionate type. He was a good dad sober but his way of being the good dad was mainly taking me out to the park and to other fun places.
So the hug was weird and at that age I didn't fully understand it all because I was kind of used to it and just was accepting it as the way things were gonna be.

After that is when almost all violence stopped.
>>
>>767728341
I have zero self control. If I was rich I'm sure I'd be dead by now from substance abuse. I'm half dead now, with a shot liver and kidneys. Oh and alcohol gave me diabetes.
I'm here right now and my feet are cold from the diabetes but my entire body is sweating making my bed, sheets, blanket and pillow all wet.
I'm scared to put my iPad down and close my eyes because then the anxiety will kick in and my thoughts will take me to dark places.
>>
>>767727830
>disease
Stop telling yourself lies like that. The only disease is your weakness. The only you still drink is because you chose weakness. Next time, exercise your will and stay quit
>>
>>767728255
Well my dad could have really blown his and my mom's brains out...he could have snapped and just killed all of us period, He could have gone to jail and lost his job. He coulda been a sicko and touched us or some shit, him and my mom could have divorced....

I could go on anon lol
>>
>>767728581
Afraid of your thoughts....i see this all the time.
>>
>>767728708
You are right. I just hate life so much that alcohol allows me to briefly stop thinking or caring about anything.
I'm now just turned 40 and I look and feel 50 with internal organs of an 80 year old.
I was doing well in my mid to late 20's but everything from there is a blur being drunk more often than not.
>>
>>767728757
So all these things are "bad", but none of the things that actually happened are "bad"?
>>
>>767727342
can't tell if retarded or weak bait
>>
9 am and I'm on my 4th beer
>>
>>767729091
What's retarded about it?

Maybe you're getting confused here but I'm OP and the first story and the "to sum it up" comments are all mine.

I'm speaking to an anon who had made a previous thread bitching about his dad who was basically just trying to enjoy his weekend
>>
What the fuck is this thread?
>>
>>767729315
Do you work nights/third shift?
>>
>>767729022
No those things are bad too of course. But like I said. The other things are way worse
>>
File: 1525378208873s.jpg (8 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1525378208873s.jpg
8 KB, 249x250
>>767729384
If you don't know, then it's not worth explaining.
>>
>>767729421
I guess i dont understand. Why are they way worse?
>>
>>767729382
So are u saying a completely sane normal person needs alcohol to enjoy his weekend?
>>
>>767729622
Well in this scenario I lived and my dad chilled out and apologized.

In the others I could have been dead lol

I think being dead is worse...

I don't see how that's hard to understand
>>
>>767729728
Of course not but people are entitled to enjoy themselves how they choose so long as it isn't hurting anyone else.

That anon made it clear that his dad was just weekend drinking and having a good time and not even being violent.
>>
Is that what the cold feet is? Diyabeetus? Im 32 and im starting to get that. Like the 2 days after drinking. Usually like a liter of Crown in a day. Maybe 2 in a row. I work 3rd shift so I dont drink during the week. Definitely getting that anxiety tho.
>>
>>767727124
i honestly don't get why people like alcohol. you just end up feeling like shit afterwards. go outside and smoke a joint instead
>>
>>767729382
Ohhhh
I thought you were just being a cunt and basically saying
>"stop being such an ungrateful shit, he brings home money, so he should be able to drink and abuse the family as much as he wants"

This being an anonymous imageboard where nobody can tell who anybody is, and having little context of the situation between replies doesn't exactly help
>>
Mom used to beat me when she wasn’t drinking
>>
>>767729744
Ive never been dead. Is this bad?
>>
>>767729905
Haha yea I had a feeling you were confused.
This is just one of the many reasons why I miss IDs
>>
It's not a disease Its a desire. Fuck the addiction victomhood culture. put the bottle down weak fags.
>>
>>767729408
No I work Monday to Friday 6 am till 5pm and get drunk from Friday night until Sunday night
>>
>>767729851
But why do u think he needs to drink to have a good time? Is he having a bad time? Then drinks? Then has a good time?
>>
>>767729980
I will no longer support your autism darling
>>
>>767730075
Its really not. It is ,although, a good way to cope with mental illness
>>
>>767730088
>>767730088
Have u been dead? How "bad is it?
Please enlighten us
>>
>>767730085
I'm saying if his dad wants to drink and that's how he chooses to have a good time/relax then he has every right to do so.
If he actually abused alcohol then of course I wouldn't condone it but that anons dad was clearly not an alcohol abuser.

You're trying too hard to start something here...
No one ever said you NEED alcohol to have a good time.
>>
>>767727124
You're not in the right place to get some empathy
>>
>>767730341
No one asked for sympathy
>>
>>767730315
From the sounds of it This guys drinking is negatively affecting his family.
>>
>>767728708
You have obviously never suffered from any addiction.
>>
>>767730315
So if this guy needs alcohol to have a good time and relax maybe theres something wrong with him.
Needing to put a substance in your body to have a good time and to relax sounds like the definition of addiction.
>>
My dad was a functioning alcoholic for a long time. Then shit hit the wall.

He was fired from his job (unrelated reason) and kicked out of the house (caught cheating - for years - on Mum).

Things were ok at first, got more work and moved into a share house sort of thing with one other adult (similar interests so they got along).

But drinking increased.

Then fought with girlfriend calling her gay son a faggot and just basically being a douche bag drunk. She demanded he quit drinking or they split. He chose the drink.

Drinking gets worse.

He moved into a townhouse by himself (very nice place, very fancy. But 4-5 years later he still hasn’t unpacked). With no one around him (housemate/ gf) he goes to work then drinks.

He starts getting really lonely.

Me and my little brother would see him once or twice a week for a meal or to watch a game at his house. But he’s always be drunk and eventually we stopped going.

I’m skipping a lot here, but... Soon he was drinking so much that he just stopped going to work and to his other job as a football coach.

So then all he did was sit at home and drink all day.

He stops eating and his Health starts going. He begins falling over and blacking out. Three times now he’s fallen down his flight of stairs smashing his head and putting holes in the walls.

Quickly he stops walking altogether (apart from getting up to get alcohol) couch he sits in is stained with shit piss and blood. Path to toilet is also strewn with shit and piss because he is now incontinent. Still falling over. Many times we go to check on him only to find he’s been laying on the floor in his own piss and shit for days.

Haven’t heard from him in 3-4 days. Probably on the floor again. Or dead this time.
>>
>>767730315
The major point you're missing is the fact that...only the drinker themsepf can determine whether they are an alcoholic or not. It's not your call to make, only theirs. Alcoholism has a wide variety of definition. Don't belittle someone else's story just because it doesn't live up to yours. Compared to my experience with alcohol/addiction in general it makes most alcoholics look like light weights. But everyone's experience is different.
>>
>>767730447
No it's clear his son is just a pussy.

It's just a basic "ugh my dad is so annoying when he's drunk"

And yes that anon said "my dad isn't violent but hes annoying"

And just because he's "annoying" and only drinks on the weekends his son says "my dad's an alcoholic"

I'm just making this thread to show the spoiled little shit what actual alcoholism looks like
>>
>>767730585
No not really....addiction is when it controls your life.

All because I like to drink here and there doesn't mean I'm "addicted" I don't need alcohol. I do other things to have a good time as well but there are times where I choose to drink.

Once again...youre trying a bit too hard...
>>
You fucking addicts are the weakest fucking cry baby. Stop drinking queer. Fuck off you cunts
>>
>>767730716
Pathetic
>>
>>767730849
So u started a thread to prove how smart u are? Will your life be perfect when u show the world how smart u are?
Its sounds like u have some anger/pain you need to deal with
>>
>>767730971
No im not. I know everything about addiction because i know everything about my addiction
>>
>>767730981
Addict are weak ppl. We cannot deal with the ups and downs of life without putting something in our body. Why do u think that is?
>>
>>767731094
Who said anything about being smart?

It's insulting when you've gone thru some really bad shit and then someone comes along with basically no real issues saying how bad it is for them.
>>
My mother was/is a heroin addict, and my dad or, father figure cause we wernt related, died of an overdose. I grew up with one pr two pf them constantly fucked up. Dad would sit in the living room sharpening knives saying he was gonna go kill people. Also violent, naturaly.
Alcholics arent shit, get over yourself OP.
>>
>>767729480
back to /ic/ you fucking faggot
>>
>>767731423
Insulting? U got insulted because someone doenst like their dads drinking? How does this personally affect you?
>>
>>767727124
>MY problems are worse then YOUR problems

Real winning attitude you got there, chump
>>
>>767731483
Im sure there are ppl out there that have seen worse things than u. So why dont u just "get over yourself"
>>
>>767729889
Some people dont like weed you fucking idiot
>>
>>767731708
How did u sum it up that easy???
>>
>>767731759
I'm sure there are people out there who actually manage to blow themselves, so why dont you get over it?
>>
>>767727158

What the fuck is wrong with your mother for choosing a violent alcoholic child abuser as a husband?
>>
>>767729889
I dont know why u guys fuck around with alcohol and weed when theres better life distractioms out there.
Like rape and murder. Theres no hangover with rape and murder. Theres no trying to track down your dealer with rape and murder.
Rape and murder is practically a free high
>>
>>767727830

You need to figure out what in your childhood triggered this need to drink.
>>
>>767731785
FAKE AMD GAY! TAKE IT BACK SPAZLORD

MODS!!!

MOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>767731904
Huh? That didnt make any sense.
>>
>>767727124
>tfw never had an alcoholic father
>tfw my mom and father beated me an flogged me with their belt occasionally
>tfw my father punched me several times in the face in front of my family because I called him an autist
>>
>>767731811
Critical thought and a low threshold for bullshit.

Read a book. Or fucking don't. Whatever.
>>
>>767732171
Congratulations. Your parents have mental issues therefore you have mental issues. You are the reincarnation of your parents. So am i and everybody else here
>>
>>767727124
It's funny how many kids think it's absolutely terrible that their parents drink and do drugs (a mentality that's sort of encouraged in "health class" and DARE propaganda, which encourages snitching on parents for minor drug offenses).

When you're an adult yourself. Particularly when you get to middle aged and begin to realize you've hit your high water mark with just a mediocre job that you hate (but pays you better than you can get anywhere else, locking you in). When your kids are assholes, when you are paycheck to paycheck.... then you'll understand why adults need chemical relief.

I'm a functioning alcoholic that likes to smoke weed, but I'm a good father too. Kids don't understand why I drink/smoke, and it makes them think they have a bad father. It's asinine.
>>
>>767731668
I'm insulted they call their dad an "alcoholic" when it's clear he wasn't and pull the whole "my life is hard" shit when there are other people out there who deal with real alcoholic and have it worse
>>
>>767727158
If you can't handle a drug don't take it. Your "father" was a pussy who couldn't handle emotions. Plain and simple. Don't blame the drug it only shows who someone is and you father is a pussy and you will be a pussy because you idolize pussy.
>>
>>767732343
That's true...if you're into the bleak aspects of the world over the bright.

You are the reincarnation of all those that walked a similar life. You are archetype given body and so is every other dumb, beautiful piece of shit you know.

Your past defines where you began while your self decides where it could lead. The unimaginative repeat what they've seen. Others don't. And it's just that simple. If you are your parents then that's what you are. If you know how to break a cycle, then that's what you are instead. Not to mention the literally endless grey area between the two.

Life's only shit when shit's all you know and in this age of information, you (probably) have yourself to blame if you don't know any better.
>>
>>767727158
tits or gtfo
>>
>>767728971
Look, if you want to stop you should consider kratom. I stopped so easily that it was almost unreal. After one year my bloodtests were back to normal and all the fat of my liver was gone, and it came back to normal size. 1 year. Kratom is addictive, yes. But you will prefer that addiction.
>>
>>767732655
>age of information
superseded by the age of memes.
while you can gather a basic view of the world, everything detailed is locked behind social orders still.
>>
>>767730716
can't you get him to rehab, like, force him?
>>
Im an alcoholic. Been drinking a handle of vodka every two days for as long as I can remember. Its 10:30 in the morning and Im about to go to the liquor store. Hands shake bad when I wake up in the morning.

The only thing negative besides health concerning myself is it reduces my patience. I find myself spanking my son for what in retrospect werent terrible offenses, maybe could have used a timeout instead.
>>
>>767731094
passive aggressive faggot. You are probably the kid of the other post OP is referring to.
>>
>>767733320
I'd love to try kratom but it's illegal in Australia and have no idea where to get it.
>>
>>767730260
>How "bad is it?
>Please enlighten us

https://oyc.yale.edu/philosophy/phil-176/lecture-17
>>
>>767733369
The age of memes is all time forever. A certain sort of meme is prominent now, but in truth all personalities have been memes for as long as certain groups have been making 'images'.

Everything detailed is everything and those patient enough to sit, look and listen can come to understand some surprising things, truth be told.

To judge a stranger on the scale of your own aptitude is a fool's perogative. At least in most social and psychological contexts.

>sidenote
>I agree that social orders hide away plenty of this and that but deep understanding,contrary to what some social orders want you to believe, is not something you can exactly deprive a person of
>at least not fully or permanently
>the human mind deserves more credit than those that wield them often give
>>
>>767727124
Im sorry. We dont care about your story. Arent you sick of telling your story? Arent u sick of looking for pity everywhere u go? When is enough enough? How long will u have to tell your story? How many times will u have to tell your story to make your life complete?
>>
>>767732527
This. As an oldfag myself I agree. I was also a cocky teen "drugs are for drugtards / alcohols are weak etc" But then you pile up years and see things shifting.
>>
>>767733814
Nah. I didnt start the other thread but i am passive aggressive.
So let me get this straight. Being an alcoholic is "good"?
Being passive aggressive is "faggot"?
>>
>>767733885
find a source. Buy 2 or 3 kilograms straight for those 12 months. Freeze most of it. Take 3 grams 3 times a day every other day. It saved my life. Terrible withdrawal (I was taking about 15 grams everyday) but it worth it.
I even run now. I've just beaten my 5 kilometers personal record.
>>
>>767733320
Or he could fix the mental issues that drive his alcoholism.
But,alas, everybody wants the easy road. Nobody is willing to put in work.
>>
>>767734165
Life too hard?
>>
>>767733765
You are a piece of shit. U literally just said u take out your mental issues on your kid. Fuck you
>>
>>767734579
You don't always have mental issues to begin drinking at 15 yo and at 45 finding yourself craving for a drink every two days. You spent the last 30 years drinking more or less and then just more. Maybe you issue is having too much time, too much money to spend, too much neighbors and family also "drinking socially" etc. The relation Alcohol = mental issues is not that obvious.
>>
>>767734683
No. On the contrary. Things got too easy.
>>
>>767734468
Yeah I've already googled it trying to find but the government even stops it at the airport if you try to import it.
>>
>>767734948

Are u fucking serious right now?
This is complete fucking denial of how the human brain and the universe work
>>
>>767735183
well find an illegal source then. You are so close to indonesia...
>>
>>767735021
Ya. Makes complete sense......
My life is so easy im gonna drink.
Sounds more like; im depressed, im gonna drink
>>
>>767735281
how old are you?
>>
File: 8ab.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
8ab.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>767727158
>to a little girl.
Hello, m'lady. Wow, your dad was such a fucking asshole. I would slay him with my katana if you would like desu. Wow you are so brave for being an su9rvivor of your dad. I could be your dad and your lover. My penus is extremely smooth and I could kill your dad with a knife femanon-kun. I am so fucking horny. Show me your tits you fucking bitch. If you don't I'll kill myslef and it will be your fault, whore. Fuck you you fucking skank bitch show your cervix or I'll shit on my dick and jack off to my doo doo to nut
>>
>>767735414
37. 8 months sober
>>
I drink every day. I went from whiskey, to IPAs to regular 4.4% beer. But probably going to get some whiskey today. I drink a shit load on weekends, during the week I do ok cause work comes first.

I have never stopped for even a day since I started. I am somewhat concerned about stopping suddenly, but also I just want to drink. I think I actually could stop since the past 2 weeks I just drank beer.
>>
>>767735866
What if somebody told u there was a different way to live your life? Have u ever sat with your thoughts and pondered why u have to put this alcohol in your body?
>>
>>767727124
im a cockaholic i drink 10 liters of cum everyday
>>
>>767736280
yes all the time. I pretty much drink because I still live with my family. Before I turn 30 im pretty sure ill move out though and will hopefully be more cautious with my money and time spent.
Ive just been afraid to quit suddenly cause I can end up drinking a liter of whiskey in a day like its nothing. Only had 1 beer this morning cause I know I have shit to do today, but afterwards ill get wasted.
>>
>>767727124

Sure, I drink too much alcohol to be considered "safe" by the indoctrinated medical authorities.

..... But I enjoy drinking it, and I am not aware of any adverse consequences due to drinking it.

We all have to die (eventually), and I can't think of any better method of precipitating that inevitable consequence more speedily, if there is (indeed) any measurable consequential alacrity as a result of drinking it.
>>
>>767728039
Anyone who's ever gone out with their friends and not drank for whetever reason knows that drunk people are extremely annoying if you're the only sober one. That's just how it is, the people drinking aren't necessarily doing anything wrong. That said, as a kid I always hated my parents being drunk just because they act weird. If you have kids, young ones that is, i really don't think you should have more than 2 drinks ever.
I was fishing recently down by the ocean where there's a lot of bars and such and a 30-40 ish couple with a 10ish year old kid were walking by and started asking me about the catch etc. They were definitely tipsy but not doing anything necessarily wrong besides laughing at their own piss poor fishing jokes but I couldn't help but feel bad for the little girl. Parents should be fully lucid and do that shit when they have a sitter. Hope they didn't drive but something tells me they did.
>>
File: hitch on smoking and drinking.jpg (62 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
hitch on smoking and drinking.jpg
62 KB, 850x400
>>767737028
>I can't think of any better method of precipitating that inevitable consequence more speedily
>>
>>767736791
None of that made any sense to me. If u re-read it does it make any sense to u?
>>
>>767737849
I just drink to escape. I definitely dont make enough money to move out yet.
I did 2 years of shooting heroin and was only sober a month or so before drinking.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 4

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.