Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Daily reminder that tipping should be abolished.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 14
File: atheist2.jpg (96 KB, 845x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
atheist2.jpg
96 KB, 845x720
Daily reminder that tipping should be abolished.
>>
I hate tipping too and that lunch is my entire bank account right now.
>>
>>767723521
>>767723588
Nobody likes tipping. But if you're a decent human being you do it and give 20%, or at the least 10%. Waiters only make like $3.00 an hour or some horsehit. Yeah yeah, it's not your fault and it's the system that should be fixed why should you take the hit bal blah blah. Say whatever you want. Your a shithead if you don't tip someone, because they essentially waited on you between a bunch of other parties for fucking nothing.

Also, there have been times where I have not tipped. Those were times only when the waitress really truly sucked and ducked everything up.
>>
>>767723521
Could you remind me why, again?
>>
>>767723971
>give away free money
Do you give money to homeless people? Why not?
>>
fuck tipping. you won't see my black ass ever doing it. MAGA!
>>
>>767724036
Cause it's retarded, employers need to pay their staff, that's not the customers responsibility.
>>
>>767723971
>because they essentially waited on you between a bunch of other parties for fucking nothing.
no they waited on me because its their fucking job,
>>
>>767723521
Daily reminder, OP is a jew kike piece of shit. If he comes to your restaurant, shit in his food.
>>
>>767724158

exactly why i run your card a second time when you leave nothing and charge 20 %

lolololol
>>
>>767723971
>if waiters do not max an amount equating to minimum wage they will be granted the difference by their employer, meaning if you do not tip you are not hurting them at all unless they are living an unhealthy lifestyle above their income
>they waited on you because it's their fucking job to wait on you not because they felt like it
Come the fuck on.
>>
>>767724141
I mean, i kinda agree but look at it this way: Part of the waitresses wage is opportunity to earn tips.
>>
>>767724252
exactly why I call my bank and declare a fraudulent payment and get both returned to me
>>
>>767724141
So then enjoy paying 50 dollars for a NY strip steak and baked potatoe from outback. This is the cause and effect. Europeans pay nearly 3 times as much food to get a third of the food as at an american restaurant. You sound like an edgelord because youre so broke you cant actually afford to eat out. Eat some ramen.
>>
>>767724075
Do homeless people provide a service?
>>
>>767724283

if she wants to that she should work at a strip club. where she belongs.
>>
>>767724330

There's a 16-year-old homeless girl that services me daily in exchange for me letting her sleep on the floor of my house, does that count?
>>
>>767724314

Charge isn't made till weeks later, donkey!
>>
Blessed be the fruit loops.
>>
>>767723971
if people didnt tip, people wouldnt want to be waiters, meaning restaurants would have to start offering proper wages to people to be waiters.
>>
Tips are a reward for a job done quickly and performed well.
if you went to a restaurant with a party of 4 and the server brought only 3 meals and two of them were not what was ordered you would not leave a tip
>>
>>767724141
The thing is, if the employer pays the difference then the money will be put into the price of the food and you'll be forcefully paying tips.
>>
>>767724283
Or you could pay her a solid wage that isn't based on luck. Y'know like, real jobs.
>>
>>767724341
Wait, tipping in strip clubs is suddenly OK? What's the difference?
>>
File: Autism.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Autism.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>767724160
>>
>>767723521
Kek, this has to be fake.
Only a religious person would write something like this, but "by not telling me to.."
>>
>>767723971
Some restaurants are starting to pay the min wage and not $3/hr.
>>
>>767724416
>he doesn't do a daily reconciliation of his finances to ensure that all payments made are for things he actually wants

also how on earth do you take payments in your backwardass country? in the UK a server would bring me a card reader and I would put my pin into it, my details would never be stored
>>
>>767724318
How is that any different from paying food+tip. The total will be the same for the customer, the upside is that you won't be pressured into donating money to te staff cause they're poor = better eatingexperience.
>>
>>767724403
It does. That homeless person earned that floor for sleep. Unlike the useless piece of shit at the intersection panhandling.
>>
>>767724468
no we will be paying full price for a service and still have the opportunity to give extra tips if we got great service. you know like in the rest of the world
>>
>>767724141
Certainly this. I disagree with black on most things but i do agree with this tipping greatly. I'm a society cuck so i still do tip but i think it should be abolished. It's fucking retarded. Why should you pay your significantly underpay your employees in certain service jobs and not others that don't receive tips? Also interesting that my girlfriend is half a jew and significantly under-tips.
>>
>>767724472
Yeah, sure. However, then i would charge more for meals.

It think tipping is pretty cool way to outsource evaluating of waitresses performance to customers, who know best whether the waitress did good job.

Of course, if instead of tipping you just payed fixed higher amount it would be easier for customers, no doubt about that.
>>
>>767724480

When you get a really good lap dance or the girl lets you play with her tittes during it a tip is certainly a possibility.
>>
>>767723521
We had a person like that come in and charge almost $400 and left no tip because they claimed food took too long. They ate every last bit and didn’t mention anything at the time. When they came back with a bigger group they all were shocked when we refused them service. Even after they were told they had the opportunity to make it right because their wait time from when they ordered to when they got their meals was 7 mins, and they refused, we told them that we only seated paying customers. They were evangelicals coming to eat after some stupid meeting. If you don’t tip, I’ll just assume you are too broke to, and won’t let you work our staff for free. Go eat kraft macaroni and cheese at home, or go eat at McDonald’s. Luckily assholes like that are the rare exception not the rule.
>>
>>767724558
Or you give the amount based on the service you receive. Toud rather have socialism where everyone earns the same and the service is shit. Go to any restaurant that automatically adds gratuity aka a minimum wage to their waiters and youll find the service is as admirable as a sub shop fronting as a crack den. Your food will be cold. Most likely wrong and never check on you. The incentive to be a good waiter and do your job vanishes. Go to europe and every waiter/waitress is vastly entitled. Some countries even have unions. Enjoy that 6 dollar cup of coffee at your local diner...
>>
>>767724330
You need to tip them to get a service.

I know ahomeless guy on my way to work, always give him some change and in return he "fake" assaults women and lets me play the hero.

You really need to learn how to use homeless people.
>>
>>767723521
You need Jesus
>>
>>767724113
>fuck tipping. you won't see my black ass ever doing it
>my black ass
>black
You're a nigger. We already know you don't tip
>>
>>767724710
>we told them that we only seated paying customers
sounds like they paid $400 to me
>>
>>767724459
I wouldn't even pay for the meal and the guy would get fired.

Good service doesn't equal bringing correct orders on time, that's his job, that is the minimal effort to his job.
>>
>>767724459
I only tip when they fuck up and i never tip for perfect service.
>>
>>767723521

I simply refuse to eat in any establishment that encourages "tipping" in any way whatsoever.

If it is not evident whether tipping is allowed,
I ask:

> " Are all employees paid a decent basic living wage here, or do they rely on tips ? " ;

I always go somewhere else to eat, if I am not completely assured that the staff receive a decent basic living wage.

..... OK, that may require me to prepare my own food (bought at clearly advertised retail prices) and prepare it for personal consumption at the premises where I currently reside.

I'm perfectly OK with that latter scenario.
>>
>>767723521
Daily reminder that Americans needs to stop going to restaurants all the fucking time and learn to cook.

For millions of years humans were self-sufficient and took care of themselves and their own. For the last 10,000 or so years we started branching out into specialization (if you farm, I'll cut down trees) but even still people were dependent on very few jobs.

It wasn't until the last 100 or so years that people became SO FUCKING DEPENDENT. People can't survive now without:

>A car
>A computer
>A phone
>A $1000 bed
>A couch
>A fridge
>Clothes
>etc

Now it's okay that we need/want/depend on all of this technology. Whatever. Our lives our improved (at the cost of not being able to live them without shelling out thousands of dollars). But the rational move for corporations in response to this dependency is to seek opportunities for repeat purchase, and charge extra for "premium" goods of no higher quality

>In 2008 smart phones were built like tanks. There are videos of them being throw off rooftops on YouTube
>In 2018 smart phones crack if you sit funny and you're constantly having to pay for insurance or replace them
>In 1908 clothing was meant to last MULTIPLE generations. It was crafted carefully from thick fabrics and washed by hand
>In 2018 clothing wears out after you 2 years and you have to keep buying more. It's crafted by a machine from as little material as possible and washing machines are designed to beat them up and damage them

Restaurants are one of the worst offenders for wasting people's money. In 1908 people got 95% of their meals from home. Going to a restaurant was a big event, like going to an amusement park is now. The idea was that for one hour you got to pretend you were a king while people served you and waited on you. Then you'd return to reality and start making your own meals.
>>
>>767724880
Thats fine. Youre poor. We get it.
>>
>>767724628
>charge more for meals
>current meal charge+tip

same thing
>>
>>767724535

Does not happen in my country. no pin required. i copy most "0" tip receipts if I'm having a bad day and recharge what I feel is fair later in the month when cheap customer least expect it. The amount is usually as low as most other purchases that are made it that time so it goes unnoticed. Been doing it for years. Also if the idiot thinks that is all that is done we servers can smell how cheap you are before you are even seated and let the cooks (who are also underpaid) about the "stiff" that is wanting something extra in their food as a lesson. Could be a sneeze, spit or better yet... their sweat build up on a tucked in shirt after 10 long hours.

enjoy your meal you cheap shit.

We always know who you are.
>>
I don't understand the need for waiters anyway. We are capable of refilling our own drinks. And when we order the fucking cashier just has to yell "order 89!" Or some shit.
>>
>>767724459
Most people would still leave a tip. That is the problem. Most people leave a decent tip for service that is not good or horrible but subar. Instead of a tip the customer should be able to rate their server on a 1 to 10 scale for the employer to pay them accordingly in wage.


>>767724518
How do you not pay a minimum wage? This would be illegal
>>
Reminder that when you go into a restaurant, you're a GUEST. As a guest, you are allowed to congregate and be SERVED at the expense of the person/persons time. It's not your personal food dispensary whenever you feel like it, it is a place where you go to have other people do the things you WON'T or CAN'T do for yourself. Your tip is your assessment of the service your server/waiter has provided. There are people who are fake about it just to get a tip sure, but there are plenty of people out there who genuinely have a passion (no matter how small or large) for providing people with a memorable experience. Just know that they do keep track of people that come in more than once and don't tip, and through that, base level service is mostly what you will receive depending on the personal resources of your serving staff. Something is always better than nothing, you're also helping put people through schooling or educational pursuits.
>>
>>767724866
that's my point, you tip when service is exceptional, when people are mediocre or really substandard you either do nothing or you complain.
Tipping is a Reward not a Payment
>>
>>767724620
Marco?
>>
>>767723971
You're the reason tipping still exists dipshit.

If nobody tipped, there would eventually be proper negotiations for a decent wage for those in the service industry.

You are willingly paying the employees so the actual business doesn't have to, idiot.
>>
>>767724158
A job is something you get paid to do. If you aren’t paying guess what? I wouldn’t give a fuck about you either.
>>
>>767724252
You're literally stealing people's money.
>>
>>767724914
Exactly, the novelty of restaurants were the strong point of keeping traditions and quality of food at a high. But now overly lazy populations created a surplus in demand and now we have shitty jobs for shitty corps and restaurants, with shit wage, and shit food.
>>
>>767725030
Polo
>>
>>767724318
This is the same in Australia.

I don't know any places that will have a proper steak for under $40
>>
>>767724914
In 1920 prohibition means that restaurants primary revenue driver (alcohol) was removed and they had to seek alternate ways to make ends meet.

Prior to this time, children weren't allowed in restaurants. It was a place to feel like a king, and you can't feel like a king if there's a screaming brat behind you. The children's meal was invented during prohibition.

Children not being allowed in restaurants meant even if you DID go to a restaurant, you still had to cook at home to feed the kids -- which also meant the kids watched you cook and learned this skill from the parents. After prohibition (and children's meals were invented) it became POSSIBLE for children to grow up seeing meals brought to them by waiters instead of by their mother. But this was only a problem for the super-rich at first.

Then the great depression came and people stopped going to restaurants as much. The only way to stay in business was to stop paying workers as much, leading to the invention of tipping. But these low wages persisted long after the depression and allowed restaurants to drive prices JUST low enough for the average American to afford them daily.

Then in the 50's and 60's the second wave of feminism hit and women decided they wanted to work instead of staying at home. This means mothers decided they wanted to solve their problems with money instead of cooking meals for their children. So the baby boomers became the first generation to grow up eating at restaurants more than they ate at home.

Then in the 70's and 80's (when the baby boomers entered the work force and coincidentally one of the most corrupt times in our nation's political history) things took a terrible downturn. Restaurants went from a place to sit down, have a nice meal, and be treated like a king to "a place to get food". There was explosive growth in "fast food" restaurants, and even sit-down places started to focus on customer churn (get them in, feed them, get them out)
>>
>>767724710
And what did the owner say loosing several thousands in turnover? Prolly fired you
>>
>>767724957
where do you live? I refuse to believe that in the 21st century people will just ignore unexplained charges from a restaurant on a statement days/weeks after you last went there.

I don't consider myself a cheapskate, if I come to your restaurant just do a good job, quick service, service with a smile all of that and you will get your tip. I just don't think it should be a requirement I think it should be a reward
>>
>>767724999
No, my payment to be dined out is the number next to the order in the menu.
>>
>>767724314
Only AmEx does that. We don’t take AmEx At my restaurant. When other banks call we let them know we added service because it wasn’t included, and the client was too cheap to add. I’ve never had an issue telling banks their customers are dicks. Most already know.
>>
>>767725066
maybe you should get a job that actually pays properly then
>>
>>767724252
>implying people don't check their transaction record

enjoy being fired.
>>
>>767724710
You really need to learn how the world works buddy.

Stop holding your fucking hand out all the time.
>>
>>767723521
It's simple: If you are satisfied then give 10-15% tip, if you are not then no tip
>>
Live in Ontario Canada. The minimum wage is $14/hr and $12.20 for servers. $1.80 x 8 hours is $14.40 less then anyone else working in non serving job. But the server in hours in an 8 hours shift can easily make $200 in tips. They will be the first to complain if they have to tipout a small portion to the host or kitchen staff usually. So guess what in my wonderful restaurant experience as a server you better shut the fuck up with how you feel, your religion or whatever the fuck it is and do your fucking job wonderfully. Oh yeah and if the kitchen is behind it may not be your fault, but if you do not warn, me, appease me or make it up somehow guess what it is your fault for not making my experience ok and you will lose.
>>
>>767724957
So you made several thousand cases in theft and tax fraud? Calling bullshit, that would mean 5-10 years prison if one notices
>>
>>767725287
>Only AmEx does that.
maybe where you are. in England any bank will cancel something if you call directly to tell them it was fraudulently made
>>
>>767723521
>SO.O He is behind of it?
>>
>>767724922

I am independently wealthy, and do not need to work for a living, but I achieved that status by abhorring "charity" or any form of slave labour.

Let me assure you, I am perfectly happy (and able) to pay whatever the up-front price is for any products or services that I want or need.

I am not some sort of fucking philanthropic charity for "gibedat" free-loaders or entrepreneurs wo try to "get rich quick" by paying peanuts to low-skilled staff who should know better than to apply for work in such a god-forsaken dump in the first place.
>>
>>767725187
What we have now is a nation full of people who have in three generations forgotten how to take care of themselves. On Christmas day when restaurants are closed people FLOOD movie theaters and Chinese joints because it's "the only place to eat" (forgetting that the kitchen is a perfectly valid place to eat)

People don't go to restaurants for the experience or to feel like kings for a day. They go to restaurants in order to obtain sustenance because it's the only way people know how to live anymore. Restaurants have moved from a small and niche market to the mainstream form of eating. Most of the people I know eat from restaurants for every meal of the day.

It honestly worries me. There are people making minimum wage demanding $15 an hour because "it's not livable". The truth is that it's FAR MORE than livable but these people never had good parents to teach them how to live by their own power. They're SO dependent on corporations to take care of them that without tons of money to shell out they can't survive. Back when I was in college I simultaneously went to school AND worked (only 30 hours, though - not full time) for minimum wage. I lived in a shitty and roach-infested apartment that cost me $400 a month, and I subsisted mostly on eggs, ramen, and cereal. I lived for years on about $8000 - $10000 a year (I'd say "pretax", but with that little money I actually had no tax burden). So I'm not just some rich asshole telling poor people to be happy. I lived in poverty. And you know what? It wasn't that fucking hard. The trick is to stop wasting your money on alcohol and cigarettes and focus on survival.
>>
>>767725416
sup spam bot, welcome to the thread
>>
>>767724729
Service is always fine in my country, and waiters are actually paid properly.

You've probably never left the US and are just assuming what you think the rest of the world is like.

Just admit the fact that your CUNTry is fucked and no one likes you.
>>
>>767725275
There is no "dined out" option. Only food and drink, you go in with no rights to service. Only what is provided for you. Which can also be revoked at any point in time. The quality of that is entirely up to your behavior and mannerisms at said restaurant. (Mostly, Can't speak for poorly staffed/managed establishments.)
>>
>>767725003
I don't understand why you're arguing about this with me, I'm OP, I'm against tips.

And there is nothing a waiter could do to make my dinning exceptional.
Maybe clean my shoes, flash tits if it's a female. Can't think of anything else.
>>
>>767725348

You'd be shocked how many don't. especially those like most of the man babies in this thread who let "momma" wife control the money but use the family debit/credit card.

Again we already know how you are before you are even seated.

Keep leaving no tips. those are nice charges considering I don't have to claim them for taxes since they weren't there on final statement provided by "our valued customer"

HA
>>
>>767724999
Uhm, it is? You are to be served in exchange for the agreed price, not some ambiguous tipping price. An owner demanding tipping would be succeptible to being sued.
The owner has the right to decline service, but then he would also loose money. I would bet no owner would deny service because no tipping.
>>
>>767723521
> waitresses make Decent money from tips, they are guaranteed at least minimum wage if they don't make it from tipping.
> take away tipping, owner raises price of food by 15% to compensate.
> owner pays waitresses minimum wage and pockets the difference.

Yeah, that was a lot better anon. Thanks!
>>
>>767724710
Are you fucking retarded? I'm sure the owner would like to thank you for ruining his business.
>>
>>767724880
You talk like a bit of a wanker but I 100% agree with everything you're saying.
>>
>>767725287
So you break laws, cool man. You from africa or something?
>>
>>767725335
Maybe you should take that shit to a fucking drive through where cheap lazy pieces of shit like you belong.
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (36 KB, 400x386) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
oh boy.jpg
36 KB, 400x386
>>767724999
i'll check my own trips
>>
>>767724252

this is why I pay cash and dont leave a tip because of scumbags like you.
>>
>>767725507
When I was living like that my average meal cost me $1.50 (tax included). The CHEAPEST you can get a meal at a restaurant would be the dollar menu at McDonald's, and even then you're likely buying 2 items in order to actually fill yourself up and you probably need a drink. So it's safe to assume a restaurant is at a minimum $3.30 (tax included).

But it's worse than that. People are such fucking sheep and fall for every piece of marketing that flashes across their screen for two seconds. So people don't live off of dollar menus. Instead they believe McDonald's will make them fat because their teachers showed them "Super Size Me" (by the way, that man ate so much that he puked. It had nothing to do with McDonald's and everything to do with portions) so they go to all of these hipster joints like Starbucks or Panera. Now they're just as fat but they're paying $20 for a meal instead of $3

At $1.50 a meal, assuming 3 meals a day and 365 days a year, that means I spent $1,642.50 on food in a year

At $20 a meal, same assumptions, people are now spending $21,900 on food in a year

Minimum wage is $14,500 -- so of COURSE people don't think minimum wage is livable when they can't even afford food (much less rent, gas (because everyone forgot how to ride a bike), toilet paper, phone bill, etc). But if you cut over $20,000 off of your annual spending budget you'd be AMAZED how far minimum wage will go.

People need to stop going to restaurants and fucking learn to cook. Your meals will taste better, cost less, and be healthier.
>>
>>767724141
Yeah, you know how good employers pay living wages mirite?
>>
>>767725566
Then why don't you let me give my order directly to the cook, let me refill my own shit and get my own food? Because that's included in the cost of the meal
>>
>>767724455
Like they do in service sector jobs now right? Yup, you totally make more then minimum wage working in the service sector.
>>
>>767725388
World works the way I want it to. It’s my restaurant, and if you want to be a prick, fine go eat somewhere else.
>>
>>767725625
Instead of half the people tipping and the other half not, now both have to pay below half the tipping price. Maybe you didn't think this through, but both customer groups would win? The waiter would be the looser, since they can earn around 20$ during rush time with tips.
>>
>>767725580
I agree that Tipping shouldn't be required but I don't think its out of the question, I'm from England, its not required to tip, we have properly minimum wage laws here, there is a nice place in my hometown, I went in on my own, party of one. the place was heaving basically everywhere was full, guy came straight to me, found me a place to sit got me a menu and a drink quickly took my order and my food was still pretty quick considering how busy it was and he came by and asked if I was alright or needed anything twice. so when I paid I left him a 25% tip cause he did a fantastic job.
>>
>>767725582
>mom controls the money

I know my mother, if she handled my money you'd have the entire police hq down at your place in a mattr of minutes once seeing you stole money.

Why are you making shit up?
>>
>>767724914
That's because the average American is a fat useless fuck.

I eat out at a nice restaurant once a week and probably spend around $150 between my wife and I.
>>
>>767725287
>Only AmEx does that. We don’t take AmEx At my restaurant. When other banks call we let them know we added service because it wasn’t included, and the client was too cheap to add. I’ve never had an issue telling banks their customers are dicks. Most already know.

What is a bank:
An establishment authorized by a government to accept deposits, pay interest, clear checks, make loans, act as an intermediary in financial transactions, and provide other financial services to its customers.
Also all taxes and charges must be visible nice bait tho
>>
File: Failed Flip.webm (2 MB, 404x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Failed Flip.webm
2 MB, 404x720
>>767724999
I'll say that the last thing I want is some stranger to give me a "memorable experience". I want attentive and informative service. Not some greasy shitskin tying to make my girlfiend laugh. I purposely under tip any waiter who makes too much small talk. If there are any waiters reading, be attentive and polite, not intrusive.
>>
>>767723521
Stay home and eat kraft dinner cheap faggot
>>
>>767725700

Again. We have customers day in day out, we know how you will be before your food is even made. enjoy the something extra in your paid-with-cash food.

Enrique the cook was glad to help me. =)

We stick together when it comes to cheap/poor customers like you.

Needing that refill aren't you. HA!
>>
File: 03 copy.jpg (96 KB, 636x952) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
03 copy.jpg
96 KB, 636x952
>>767724483
>>
>>767724141
The point is to make the waitress actually do a good job. If tips are abolished then they will just be worked into the price of your meal and the waitress will automatically get them. You will get shit service because you will have no leverage in the situation and you will still be paying the same amount as if you had to tip maybe more.
>>
I used to be able to bring in at least 100 dollars a day as a waiter because of tips. You don't have to tip anyone, but the point of tipping someone is to show them that you appreciated their service. It's common for people like hotel workers to be tipped too.
>>
>>767725721
How is that the customers problem? Go on a strike.
>>
>>767725934
>Again. We have customers day in day out, we know how you will be before your food is even made. enjoy the something extra in your paid-with-cash food.
>Enrique the cook was glad to help me. =)
>We stick together when it comes to cheap/poor customers like you.
>Needing that refill aren't you. HA!
fucking cringe
>>
>>767723521
Have you tried to live in a real 1st world country?
>>
>>767723521
Agreed, and going by the comment on the ticket, abolish islam too.
>>
>>767725413
Yeah guess what, I make that bank more money than you do, and in the US they actually investigate. I don’t even have to do anything. I just send the bank your signed cheapskate receipt as proof you recieved service and refused to pay for it.
>>
>>767724957
It's not the customer's fault you are underpaid, numbnuts.

Tipping shouldn't fucking exist and you know it. If you or one of your deadshit coworkers spat in my food I'd stop your underpaid head into the dirt.

Luckily, I live in a country where everyone can enjoy a decent wage, and eating out is always a lovely experience.
>>
>>767724318
Am Canadian and this is true.

Unfortunately our servers get minimum wage so we get fucked twice as were expected to tip despite the fact that they're making 11-15 dollars an hour on min wage (8-13$us) depending on province. I rarely tip more than 10 percent because of this.

And I always tip cash. Taxation is theft.
>>
>>767725785
They have already implemented this. What restaurant owners do is raise the price of the food by 15% so that everyone is forced to tip and then pay the wait staff minimum wage (which they were already guaranteed by law anyway) then pocket the difference. You act like restaurant owners give a fuck if it's fair or not.
The only person making money from eliminating tipping is restaurant owners.
>>
>>767725943
Uhm no, you wouldn't pay more, you would pay less than price+tips. Working in the sector: with tipping I made between 15 and 30 per hour.
And in other countries the service stuff also works. Better example: did you ever see a bank worker doing a slow job?
>>
>>767725601
Not quite, you are to be served as per request of the restaurant, the agreed price you speak of consist's of the goods you purchase plus tax. You in no way are buying or purchasing service, people often make this mistake with restaurants and go in acting like they shit fucking gold and can treat the staff like walking garbage can/monkey hybrids. The only time you "Pay for service" is when you decide to tip. Your tip is essentially your payment for the service provided by your server/waiter, and acts as a monetary Rating so to speak. Believe me when I say that a restaurant is not concerned with one individuals business, unless they are regulars or of higher financial or notable status. Yes, a business would not revoke service for lack of tipping of course, however should you repeatedly come in your service quality would be reduced to a very minimal effort or impact unless you were a genuinely pleasant person to be around/served.
>>
>>767725601
Thats where your wrong
>>
>>767725873
It's not just Americans. I lived in Japan for 9 weeks and it's the same there. I went to France for 3 weeks and it was the same there.

All around the world people have forgotten how to cook.
>>
>>767725813
If you want to give him free money, that's your choice, maybe you like the place or know the staff, whatever. But that shouldn't even be counted as a "tip", it's an extra. Specially because people assume that a "tip" is part of the price.
>>
File: 1525510884558.jpg (29 KB, 475x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1525510884558.jpg
29 KB, 475x350
>>767724805
>>
>>767726028
>OH MY GOD A GUY REFUSED TO PAY FOR SOMETHING OPTIONAL WE MUST SEND IN THE NATIONAL GUARD AT ONCE

I ring up the bank again, I say I did not leave a tip cause the service was shitty and the guy spat in my food, its an optional payment and they took it without my consent. refund it to my account. and they will because otherwise they know I will close my accounts and switch banks.
>>
>>767725601
I do. It’s worked out great.
>>
>>767726050

be sure to talk about politics when I come over to get that "refill". I have to much fun
>>
>>767726050
Lol your poor ass ain't stomping shit
>>
Tips are earned. If the wait staff is slow, or lazy, or on their phones, or doing anything that would make you think they are acting in an unprofessional manner, DO NOT tip.
>>
>>767725954
Why not just keep tipping? A waitress is guaranteed minimum wage, you have the power to increase your waitress pay based on service. You have the power. You want to take that power away from yourself and give it to the owner of the restaurant and be forced to pay a tip? Fucking why?
>>
>>767726099
You don't understand. You can't be charged a random price afterwards without knowing the price beforehand. This was implemented to fight fraud, after a restaurant owner some hundret years ago charged 15k for a simple meal afterwards.
>>
Skip the dishes is killing the service industry. It's cheaper to pay them than to go in, sit down and tip.
>>
>>767726107
thats just semantics on your part, Tipping in the UK actually "means" something extra.
>>
>>767726219

and still going to eat that sinus infected spit!
>>
>>767724999
Hahaha you obviously work in the industry or you wouldn't have such bullshit views on the world.

I'm not a fucking guest in your restaurant, I'm a paying customer. I don't have to tip you if I don't feel like it. It's your job to make sure I am as comfortable and happy as possible, and that's it.

Your boss should be paying you properly, not me kid.
>>
>>767725993
I have, it's great

>free education
>free healthcare
>no tipping
>metric system
>etc
>>
>>767725934

jokes on you, I only do this at places I will never visit again. so after the first time I pay cash and dont tip, I never go back there so you wont be able to "revenge" me. who is the one laughing now?
>>
>>767726230
because we don't want to be guilt tripped into paying peoples wages. I've seen footage of waitresses literally chasing customers out of the door of places and saying to them "you forgot to tip" nobody should have to do that just to get the money they have earned. they should a full proper paycheck every week/month like the rest of the working world
>>
>>767726292
>free education
You shouldn't depend on the state to educate you. Whoever teaches you has the ability to indoctrinate you. You should instead seek knowledge yourself and learn to teach yourself.

>free healthcare
Can't argue with this one. I believe that healthcare should be treated as infrastructure -- because without a healthy population you don't have a healthy economy

>no tipping
This has less to do with first world countries and more to do with being literally anywhere but America. In most countries tipping is optional but not expected. In a few countries tips are seen as insulting. It's only in America that I know them to be "mandatory" (not legally mandatory, but servers make less than minimum wage)

>metric system
Better why?
>>
>>767726248
But in America it means exactly what I said, they believe getting tipped is a right. They don't understand it's an extra, they think they will get extra oney every time they don't utterly fuck up an order.
>>
>>767723971
Waiters get paid minimum wage if they don't make enough in tips. It's the law. Why should we care if the restaurant owners mistreat employees? If they do, then we just go somewhere else.
>>
>>767726289
So you would rather the wait staff her paid less and be forced to tip 15% with every meal?
Mmmmmmmmk.....>>767726289
>>
>>767726325

Read it again you autistic fuck. She literally says she knows how you will be before your meal is made and tells Enrique to give special care to your food before you jam it in your fat face.
>>
>>767725668
You're the one working in the service industry you fucking loser.
>>
>>767726449
Oh, so we have a psychic on /b/. Can I ask you stuff and you answer me?
>>
>>767725887
A memorable experience is modular, wouldn't you find it correct to say that if said service satisfied your needs with an un-abrasive approach, that you wouldn't remember that the next time you decided to go out to eat somewhere? Communication is key of course, you can't just sit there and expect problems to magically disappear. Honestly can't tell if you're being socially left out or just ran into a not so savory employee. I think you're rather sensitive on the matter so your approach leaks out a bit of insecurity in public arenas. Care to share?
>>
>>767724914
>>767725187
>>767725507
>>767725717

I like your way of thinking, anon, thank you for posting this.

I just want to add, that about 10 years ago I drove a tractor-trailer for one of those Sysco/US Foodservice/MBM type trucking companies, and my job was to deliver food to restaurant kitchens. My "work area" was an extensive urban landscape with a lot of different types of restaurants, which meant I got to see the insides of a lot of restaurant kitchens, and also see what items they used in food prep. So, in case you've ever wondered "How do I get my food to taste like the food they serve in restaurants?" I discovered the answer to that is the "Big 5":
>fresh vegetables
(an obvious one, but then almost every restaurant also received a huge order of:)
>salt
>sugar
>butter
>oil

I guess that's the "Paula Deen method" with the butter, but you'd encounter it in unexpected places, such as Asian or Mexican restaurants, which are not known for using a shit-ton of butter all the time, or at least not to my limited knowledge of the cuisines.
The other thing I noticed, in getting to see a lot of restaurant kitchens, is how dirty a lot of them were. And the two worst offenders were:
>Asian
>Mexican

Things like:
Me at a new delivery stop: "Ok, here's the chicken and the beef. Where is your freezer?"
Guy smoking a cigarette by the back door: "No freezer. Leave it right here." (points to rickety wooden pallet on the dirty asphalt of a filthy alleyway, surrounded by dumpsters and clouds of buzzing flies)
Me: "Really? Leave it here outside?"
Guy: "Yeah. Just leave it here."

And THAT was when I stopped going to restaurants and started cooking at home almost all the time.
>>
>>767726449

right. how do you know I am going to pay cash before I even sit down and order? how do you know I wont tip? maybe I dress like I can afford a high class restaurant and appear to be a big tipper? you are just as dumb as the OP who said that.
>>
>>767726404
>"i disagree with your better living standards, you should always be on the brink of bankruptcy"
>>
>>767725562

Hear-hear !

I can't understand why so many Americans seem to want to preserve so many forms of slave labour, rather than paying a proper living wage to employees that are capable of doing a decent day's work, for a decent day's pay,

..... we have no problem paying proper living wages to competent staff, right here in the UK.

We don't need to live on "tips" in the first place, and in the main, do not respect reliance upon (or solicited offers of) "charity".
>>
>>767726375
You're not guilt tripped. Pay 15%. You would have to anyways! Why is your autistic brain so fucking scared of social interaction that you would rather give a corporation more money then have to do basic goddamn math?
>>
>>767725779
Ahhh I see now. You own the place so you're the one stealing your employee's wages.
>>
>>767726524
> if said service satisfied your needs with an un-abrasive approach, that you wouldn't remember that the next time you decided to go out to eat somewhere

to be fair, if you were like him and your requirement for a good night out was just decent efficient service and a good meal then you probably would remember the places that made little small talk and left you alone once you had placed your order and got your food. you might remember those who tried to leave an impression on you in a bad light and not want to go there again.
>>
>>767723521
Nice butthurt of some edgy atheist kiddo that works serving people hahhahaha
fucking pathetic piece of filth
>>
>>767726242
I have full range in terms of how this works, I don't think you quite understand. I never said there was a hidden price, nor was there ever. It's just a secondary part to your bill, that's entirely optional. It's simple, if you liked the person/service tip, if not don't.
>>
>>767726609
Honestly, because we have huge mega corporations that make billions in America and your country is too small to have huge corporations lobby and bribe your politicians to lower the wages of employees.
>>
>>767725990
>>
>>767726624
>Get bad service, pay 15%
>Get good service, pay 15%
Why in the fuck should I tipp then?
>>
>>767726153
So, yeah to reiterate, they already know you are a dick. Plus it will cost you $50 to move your entire $3 elsewhere. They know you are cheap and lazy, so good job with that threat.
>>
>>767723971
thanks god in my country there is no tip-shit at all
fucking westfags, capitalist pigs, fuck you all
>>
>>767726736
Ah, I thought, you were the numbnut thinking tipping was mandatory and can be charged afterwards.
>>
>>767725646

>" You talk like a bit of a wanker ..." ;

realistic assessment I suppose,
but then again, aren't we all if we are honest about it ?
>>
>>767726580

Years of dealing with people. It is that simple really
>>
>>767726745
>not even showing cleavage

why should i tip again?
>>
>>767726803
I feel sorry. You are still waiter in a low paying restaurants after so many years.
>>
>>767726747
Because you know that the money goes directly to the waitress and not the stockholders or boss and because the rest of us normals usually pay based on services rendered?
>>
>>767726747
Don't be stupid. Get good service tip 'em 20, get bad service tip 'em 10.
>>
Ok, 10% or 20%, how the fuck I will count the percents to tip? I'm not some scientist or a mathfag.
>>
>>767726508
I own a restaurant. You are an entitled little shit. You never learned manners because your parents were too lazy, or you were too stupid. Either way we do just fine without garbage customers like you.
>>
>>767726756
>cost you $50
America is such a backwards place it really is.
>enter bank
>"hello I would like to make a withdrawal please"
>how much?
>"all of it, here is my identification"

go to new bank, set up new account.

>and lazy
I don't give a waiter a tip when I get shit service and somehow I'm the lazy one?
>>
>>767726874
>illegal money made legal

there are people out there that believe this is good.
>>
>>767723521
fucking thank you
>>
>>767726880
tipping bad service encourages bad services
>>
>>767726028
And how is it obligatory to pay tips? In the better parts of the world service is included in the price. If you leave it as optional, then zero is also a legal option.
>>
>>767725562
10% mandatory tip is added by law to all a la carte restaurant bills.... guess the country!
>>
>>767726871

Make sure you tip. The kitchen gets even hotter this time of year and Enrique's slaving over a hot stove with a tucked in shirt that may need to be rung out when I give him the sign of a cheap customer in our fine establishment.
>>
>>767726947
>I own a restaurant
then maybe you should give a salary to your whore-workers, and not counting on tips?
>>
>>767726880
>be me
>at restaurant
>order food
>waiter trips and the entire meal lands on my lap
>tip 10%

hahah you gotta be fucking kidding.
>>
>>767726952
How the hell is illegal money made legal by tipping?
>>
>>767727007
Is it a subway?
>>
>>767726946

new thing called tip apps and smart phones made just for dumb asses like you
>>
File: axe.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
axe.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>767723521
faggot be thankful for the tips you get next to your income.
there are people that have nothing to eat and have real problems.
i am not even allowed to accept tips at my job.
fucking asshole
>>
Question for those in the American Service Industry

do you declare all your tips? or if you get cash do you just stick it in your pocket and not pay any taxes on your earnings?
>>
>>767726947
with that attitude you fucking shithead wonder that nobody is giving you tips?
kindly fuck off, nigger
>>
>>767726745
you cant do shit table jockey.
>>
>>767727020
There is something wrong with you. On one hand you think you shouldn't have to tip for bad service and then on the other hand you think that you should be forced to tip regardless of service
>>
>>767723588
>that lunch
Specifically says "dinner".
>>
>>767727036

Nope. Popular steak house. Keep guessing
>>
This is the definition of entitlement, op is such a faggot he makes Chris Crocker look like Fred Phelps
>>
>>767727053
If tips are paid by credit card it's taxed regardless
>>
>>767727053
Stick in pocket ofc. There is no way the earnings can be tracked. Didn't have to pay tax for the 20k I made in tips last year.
>>
>>767726948
now lets see if that faggot replies
>>
>>767727132
>Popular steak house
>Is required every customer to tip
Man, at least make your bs believable.
>>
>>767723521
i dont eat out, so not my problem
>>
>>767727053

I don't declare charge backs for people who leave Zero in the tip section. Honestly I make more of the 20 % I charge back than I would on taxed tips.

You do me more of a favor by not tipping
>>
>>767726524
If my service needs are met i log that as an experience I would repeat again AKA visit that restaurant again. Regardless if i have the same server when i go back i'm not going to pay them the same in tip. To answer one of your points i have ran in to very few unsavory waiters in my time. But that's not an appropriate word. Either they were not attentive or too attentive and were over bearing. I'm looking for the middle ground. I'm sure i'm not alone when i say that people like their privacy and intimacy with their significant other when spending good money at a restaurant. I don't need some frizzy haired faggot complimenting my T-shirt.
>>
>>767727111
>tipping for bad service
>bad service isn't really bad service
>tipping anyway
>>
>>767726947
So you own a restaurant and you pride yourself in underpaying your staff?
>>
>>767727212

Not required. Expected.
>>
>>767727001
Canada?
>>
>>767727333
So you are just a greedy cunt? Gotcha. In a "popular" restaurant I can assure you, you are paid min wage without tipping.
>>
>>767726737

> "... we have huge mega corporations that make billions in America ..." ;

Yes, yes, yes.
We've heard it all before, and you got there by ripping off your staff with inadequate salary/wage structures and (for centuries) undeniable unpaid slave labour.

Do you know that virtually all your insurance requirements are actually paid out by British Companies - truth is we can afford to support YOU and your fucking god-awful imessed-up State of America, in all your incompetences and ill-judged ventures.

You like to think you are a wealthy nation, but try finding out just how much you actually have in you much vaunted "Fort Knox".

..... let me tell you now, you have absolutely no Accountancy system that can show anyone that you have any National financial security whatsoever, your Country is little more than nothing but a parasitic tapeworm on the rest of the global economy.
>>
>>767723521
I'm spanish, here tipping isn't compulsory, and we rarely tip
But I do tip from time to time if the service is excelent, maybe 1% or 2% of the total
How's it in usa?
>>
File: th.jpg (24 KB, 474x322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
th.jpg
24 KB, 474x322
"Hey Enrique. That customer acts like he isn't going to leave a tip. can you leave him a tip back on his dessert please? Thanks fam!"
>>
>>767723521
Whenever I go out to eat with my wife I let her decide on the tip and she writes the 0 tip infront of the waiter for that extra sizzle. It's so much fun being married to a good woman.
>>
>>767727415

Save any room for desert, Sir? We have pumpkin pie.
>>
>>767726634
No they make at least $7 an hr and average more than $100 a day on tips. I hire the best who are good at what they do. Give them all the training they need and want. So for you to come in and tell me they don’t deserve what they work for, I already know you are full of shit. And when people assume I don’t pay them a fair wage, having absolutely no idea what my business model is, that’s when I gather the staff and ask them to remember who you were. “ this person doesn’t think you are good at what you do. If they come in, remind them of that, and leave the table open for someone who will appreciate you.” Fuck you. We don’t need your second chance. Restauranteurs come to eat at my place and unsuccessfully try to take my staff. The first thing my staff does is tell them how they are compensated by the House, others don’t offer what I do and my staff refuses to take the paycut of working elsewhere. I am fully staffed and get 20 resumes a week, without making any sort of job posting. I ask if it ok to forward the resumes to my friends who own other places and are looking. I build and nurture good relationships and destroy toxic ones. As I am working on this weeks list and possible menu items it’s great to come here and have what I do validated. Thanks. Don’t ever come to my place.
>>
>>767727598
Hahaha, you faggot.
>Be popular
>Only one waiter
>And one cook
Man, you are so stupid, I had to laugh out loud.
>>
>>767726289
I have worked in the industry on all fronts, and have dealt with just about all ranges of people and income based customers. So it's interesting to see how entitled and so sure of their "right" to service and unchecked behavior because they have money. Wrong, you are a GUEST the moment you walk right through that door (or exact property lines), once you fail to be it doesn't matter what you ordered you can be removed and legally billed depending on the amount. Sure restaurants push out the whole you're always right prop, and cater to your needs, but that's all just to create a lively approachable allure to bring in business. You have NO leverage over your service.

You have no right to any goods or services provided by said establishment, you are being SERVED food that you are paying people to make and serve to you. It's simple, you tip or you don't no obligation, the original issue is stating the potential purpose of tipping, not using ad hominem tactics to be a dick. I appreciate your vigor, though misplaced. Nice hat
>>
>>767727538
>doesn't look like he is going to tip

is that a new kind of facial expression?
>>
>>767727623
>tell me they don’t deserve what they work for
they do deserve what they work for, but you should be paying that and they should get the tips as a bonus for being great at their job
>>
>>767727705
he means they don't like to serve blacks and jews
>>
>>767727598
shit post anon heres your tip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s_O_IV18N0
>>
>>767726689
Good note for sure. Like I said it's modular, the experience varies with people towards people. Everyone's different and should have some sort expectation of an upfront service. Because that's how social interactions work, also like I said, communication is key. If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed or approached to much just let them know kindly that you have everything you need and that you will let them know if you required anything else. Easy
>>
>>767727667

>still poor
>>
>>767726965

A bad tip pisses off the servers just about as much as no tip and you still don't have to be that dirtbag who doesn't tip. If you're determined to piss off the plebs though you can be that douche who lines up a row of bills at the start of the meal and subtracts bills for every perceived slight against you.
>>
>>767727867
sure kid
>>
>>767727458
What? I don't like living here. This place is a garbage fire of unfettered capitalism, but don't get too proud, the same corporations that made this a shithole can make your country a shithole if it ever seems profitable enough to. Stay small and safe.
>>
>>767727841
Don't care. Didn't watch. Still charging back 20%. Come back and see us. Tax Free
>>
>>767727888

stay mad
>>
>>767727824
>am white
>don't tip

so ggoo to be white
>>
>>767726787
Nah, I don't think that was me. Tipping is for sure quality dependent, but in no way required or charged in anyway.
>>
>>767727959
sure, you too cringy
>>
>>767727241
/thread
>>
>>767727990
no u
>>
>>767726946

If you're really this dense all you have to do for a 10% tip is shift the decimal point one spot to the left. For 20% shift it and double it. It's not even close to rocket science.
>>
>>767727872
>servers get mad at everything that isn't a good money

since when are servers jewish?
>>
>>767727938
>Don't care. Didn't watch.
why do you lie and badly on the interweb.
>>
>>767727872
>that douche who lines up a row of bills at the start of the meal and subtracts bills for every perceived slight against you.
that is a level of social arrogance I cannot even conceive
>>
>>767727297
Fair enough, yeah there are those (hopefully) rare points where you get some not so wanted service. Biologically speaking service has to have a standard for it to really run smooth. Yeah that experience sounds gross to say the least.
>>
>>767728070
Because standard restaurant work is the most disgusting stressful shit ever. Unless you work in a higher income area or notably upper scale restaurant, it's all garbage and dealing with filthy commonwealth and their peasants.
>>
>>767726946
20.00 meal
Move the decimal point by one 2.000. Eliminate the back number. 2.00
10% of 20.00 is 2.00 dollars
20% of 20.00 is 4.00
See how that works?
Bill is 35.60
Move the decimal. 3.560
10% of 35.60 is 3.56 cents.
20% is 3.56 x 2.
7.12
If you want to made it easier 3.50 x 2 will be close enough.
7 dollars
>>
>>767723971
Well sucks for them, if you accept to work for 3$ an hour you are the problem tbh, giving all the reason for employers to fucking stomp you
>>
>>767724957
>trying to downplay your immoral and bigger-tier behavior
>pretending you have the balls to actually do something to customer's food, let alone run a second charge weeks later
You're a liar with no moral values or integrity, thus you're a full on nigger
>>
>>767728376
>shit job
get a better job, you're willingly doing this.
>>
>>767725066
But you are getting paid through your employer. And the customer is paying for his meal so your argument is invalid
>>
>>767724455
No, like they do in the rest of the world. In Europe you get paid pretty decent as a waiter, and in restaurants almost 50% of people tip.

I used to be a waiter in a sushi restaurant. I made around 8 euros per hour for 30 hours/week. And we get to share all the voluntary tips, and that was like 150/200 euros at the end of the month. In total I was being paid around 1100€ for a 30h/week job.
>>
>>767727913

> "... Stay small and safe. " ;

Well, of course we are small - we are a tiny little island just off the coast of mainland Europe, but we created the biggest and most profitable Empire the world has ever known, before bowing to the obvious philosophical arguments that arrived at a consensus opinion in favour of independent National autonomy, on a global basis.

The rest of our former Empire may not be doing so well, now that they are governing themselves, but we are still doing quite alright thank you very much matey.

Plus, a significant part of our former Empire:
is now trying its best to get right back here into the (former) Empire's "nerve-centre", right here in the tiny little United Kingdom.

> "... and safe. " ;

You can be sure than we are a damned sight safer, here in the U.K., than you are over there in your NRA control shit-hole of a school shooting, merry-go-round, dystopia.
>>
>>767727749
I compensate my staff starting at $7 an hour when local laws only require me to compensate them at a rate of $3. None of them still make $7, they are between $15-23. The tips they get are theirs alone. At their choosing, if they want to buy in at a really low rate: medical, dental, vision, savings plans 401k. I pay for and provide them with: developmental training in personnel management, food and wine tastings, cooking and preparation, one paid vacation, one group vacation, 7 personal days, unlimited sick days and maternity leave. I had a rule that you had to be in school to work for me. Most people opted to go to restaurant schools and told me they learn more from working for me. So now the rule is: if they are going to stay in the business, they need to enroll in a culinary arts or restaurant management certificate program. Everyone else is in online classes, or take classes during the day. Some of my staff come in early to work on school projects. I love my people and won’t give anyone a second chance to insult them.
>>
>>767728677
Customer is paying for his meal, but if he is not paying a tip. He is not paying for his service
>>
>>767728506
Not only that, these are supposed to be part-time jobs for high school/ college students not full-time gigs for adults
>>
>>767728742
The service is included in the price for the meal. Any way you look at it a tip is not mandatory, even morally
>>
>>767728728
I don't know why but you sound really proud of colonialism?
>>
>>767728834
> justfies being selfish and poor
>>
>>767728834
But the price of the service isn't included in the price of the meal, but if you want to stop tipping. It will be. Then you'll be forced to tip regardless if you want to or not. Only instead of the waitress getting the money. Shareholders and ceos will. Enjoy!
>>
>>767726946
Straight up mongoloid
>>
>>767728760
You must eat at some really shitty places.
>>
real talk

is there bad service because servers rely on tips and $3/h wage, or are there just bad servers that cant get a job anywhere else?

i've been on both sides of the lines, and i've always taken my job seriously so i've never really worried about tips (except in cases when working a register and the tips are pooled and divided).
>>
>>767728477
Did a burger just point out the advantageous of using metric?
>>
>>767726560
>the "Big 5"
Earlier this year, I started going to restaurants daily after cooking at home for the previous few years, to save time to put toward freelancing & developing skills. Noticed myself adding fat after a few months. I think it's because of this: butter it up so that it sells. For example, one day I got a kale salad, thinking it would be lighter fare, but instead it was cooked kale drenched in butter and sugar, sort of like cookie dough with kale instead of flour. Since then, I got a crock pot, learned a few ways to make quickbread with baking powder, and have been working on developing a rourine of home cooking that is also time efficient.
>>
>>767728924
>assuming I'm poor because I don't give you a handout
>demanding bonuses for doing a job that 99% of the population is capable of doing
Wew lad
>>
>>767728980
Don't get all Fucking uppity about the metric system. You guys still weigh yourself in fucking stones.
>>
>>767728941
The price for service is in there retard. Do you honestly think that when someone competent opens up a restaurant they don't take the full cost of staff into account?
>>
>>767729142
No we dont
>>
>>767728945
Unless it's a 4-5 star restaurant high school kids can do the job fine
>>
>>767724403
post image
>>
>>767728980
How many centimeters did you tip your last server?
>>
>>767724483
lol
>>
>>767729142
Kg you nigger
>>
>>767728953
>is there bad service because servers rely on tips and $3/h wage
bad service isn't created by the wage/tip reliance its the people. but if someone is having a bad day for whatever reason and takes it out on customers with poor service then they don't deserve a tip and then when they don't get a tip they get all self righteous about how its our moral responsibility to tip because of shit wages
>>
The only person that tipping actually helps is the corporate fat cat or otherwise dbag that owns the bar or restaurant bc they can get away w not paying their employees. What other industry is this acceptable in??
>>
>>767726560

man, you think that's bad, i've been there when the product isnt even processed yet.

i've seen a literal metric ton of raw salmon get roasted in boxes under an open sun because we had neither the capacity to process or space to store in a chilled room.

yea, i prep 90% of my food.

also protip for everyone: get a sponge and soap and scrub the top of your meat/fish packaging.
>>
File: 29p47w.jpg (42 KB, 500x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
29p47w.jpg
42 KB, 500x333
This sums it up.
>>
>>767728142
It is a pretty hardcore dick move. FWIW I've only heard of it, never seen in it action, but at the same time I've also never worked in the service industry.
>>
>>767729326
Therefore employee has incentive to give away free drinks to increase tips which is only fair but then some of these dbag owners use cameras and pour counters to prevent this. Wtf
>>
>>767729298
>bad service isn't created by the wage/tip reliance its the people.

havent you heard of "you pay for what get"?

the opposite is also true, "you dont pay for what you dont get", like not paying for good service. this is just business in general, not even something unique about restaurants.
>>
>>767728835

> "... you sound really proud of colonialism ..." ;

..... not necessarily proud of it, per se, but "we" did pretty well out of it, and so did "they", when you consider how far they've declined since "we" gave back the autonomy that "they" so foolishly craved.

You'd think some of these moronic savages would have the spark of intelligence necessary to realise what they've got, when they are given the opportunity to be guided by an intellectually superior civilization.
>>
>>767729175
In assuming you're from the UK.

"The stone remains widely used in the UK and Ireland for human body weight: in those countries people may commonly be said to weigh, e.g., "11 stone 4" (11 stones and 4 pounds), rather than "72 kilograms" as in many other countries, or "158 pounds" (the conventional way of expressing the same weight in the US)."

Either way, no country actually embraces ALL of the metric system.
Also, we don't use the "imperial system". The British used the imperial system. The Americans came up with the us customary standard as an improvement in the imperial system, so to not be outdone, the British made the metric system. Which they only partially used, like almost every country partially used. Including the us. Things like medicine, alcohol, and soda and more is done in metric here.
Seriously, I never understood why so many people get so uppity about metric. Yeah, largely it is better.
>>
>>767723521
>SO.o...HE was behind of it
>>
I think just about everybody in here justifying the fact that tipping "should be abolished " is retarded. Tips aren't free money YOU ARE PAYING FOR SERVICE. If you don't want to pay your waiter fucking make yourself food and get your own drink you lazy ass American faggots.
>>
>>767729326
Actually, they aren't. You have to pay your employee at least minimum wage. You can only pay them 3/hr if they make less then minimum
>>
>>767729567
I know that
>>
>>767724957
I bet you think you're tyler durden, really showing everyone who's enlightened by their shit job. I hope they cum on your burger next time your in a McDonald's because you didn't tip. Those people work just as hard and yet there's no stand they feel they need to take. Stop overstating the qualifications required to do your shit job. Anyone can do it, you deserve minimum wage.
>>
>>767729502
Could swear the metric system was a French jam.
>>
>>767729541
The waiter doesn't make the food, it just walks it from the kitchen to my table and refills my drink once or twice. If anything the cooks are the ones that deserve a tip, not the fucking waiter
>>
>>767729246
What?
Metric is more practical because it's base 10, just like dollars and cents
>>
I don't understand Americans. Why not just round off the numbers? Say you have to pay 13.79 why not just make it 15. That's what I do.
>>
File: tip.jpg (76 KB, 736x1105) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tip.jpg
76 KB, 736x1105
>>767727111
A tip for your trips sir
>>
>>767729502
>the British made the metric system.
The French made the Metric system
>>
>>767727538
Yum. I'd pay more for that one
>>
>>767729502
A quick Google search proves you're talking out of your ads. The metric system was invented in France in 1670
>>
>>767727596
> to much of a pussy to write it himself
> whore wife just as low class
> implies any of it is true
>>
>>767729683
I think thats what a lot of people do, but you still need to work out an amount so you know what to round off to. if the exact tip amount should be $19.21 you wouldn't round that down to $15 would you, you'd round it up to $20
>>
>>767729502
No I'm not
>>
>>767725134
Thats crazy. Most good cuts of steak where I’m from are around $20-25 - like a 20oz ribeye.
>>
>>767729654
French and British but it conveniently became a big deal after America developed the customary standard
>>
Anyone who tips in america is a beta. Its not my job to cater to you faggy waiters, get a better job or grow a pair and tell your shitty owners to actually start paying you.

>betas go to the middle man to get free money and then get mad when they dont pay up
Keks all around.
>>
>>767729828
I let my wife write it so it makes the waiter believe he'll get a nice tip from a nice woman, then gets handed the 0 and his smile instantly dies.

Never gets old.
>>
>>767728728
Unrelated but you are Reddit as FUCK man. Go back.
>>
>>767729659
Cooks get a share in just about every establishment I've ever heard of. Same goes for the busboys.
>>
>>767729739
>>767729818
It originated in France, major contributors were British

A model of interrelated units was first proposed in 1861 by the British Association for the Advancement of Science (BAAS) based on what came to be called the "mechanical" units (length, mass and time). Over the following decades, this foundation enabled mechanical, electrical and thermal units to be correlated.
>>
>>767730013

Anybody who doesn't tip in America must love the taste of boogers and cum.
>>
>>767730042
> thinks waiters stand there as you fill out receipt because that makes sense in a on the move environment as a modern food establishment.

> is a liar
> has no wife
> is faggot nigger
>>
>>767730342

Lol. Exactly. Like it is a sitcom or something.
>>
>>767729347
I have to know why you suggest scrubbing packaging.
>>
Here we have minimum wages, tipping is voluntarily.

I tip nothing if the service is as expected. If the service is up and beyond I'll tip for the pleasurable experience.
Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 14


Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]


If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.