Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Marriage debate Is it worth it? Should I do it? Will I regret

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8
File: 1474655532865.jpg (42 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1474655532865.jpg
42 KB, 500x669
Marriage debate
Is it worth it?
Should I do it?
Will I regret it?
Tell me your perspective
>>
>>767691429
Maybe
If you want to
Its possible
>>
>>767691429
Show more
>>
>>767691429
It's worth it unless youre Chad
>>
It's too risky with the biased laws in western countries. It's stacked against men. High chance of the bitch going all eat pray cats on you, taking half your shit and slowly killing you with alimony payments.
>>
>>767691598
It's worth it when you're a Chad liek me.
>>
>>767691708
Not always.
>>
It's only against you if you're a drug addict.
>>
>>767691807
Not always doesn't change the fact that this sort of thing happens way too much and that if the bitch does go all eat pray cats you are going to get screwed because the laws are generally stacked against you and the family courts are run by faminazis. Just the reality of it.
>>
>>767691429
Don't do it if you love them. Only do it if you're both interested in mutually beneficial tax breaks.
/threads
>>
>>767691921
I don't think that's your problem :)
>>
>>767691429
1. Yes
2. I don't know
3. I don't know
4. You never know until you try. Some couples flame out after one year. Be prepared to learn when to stand your ground and when to let stuff go.
>>
>>767692052
No it's not my problem because I have thankfully dodged that bullet. A lot of others have not been so lucky. Men should know what they're up against with the system and take it seriously before they consider getting married. You are generally signing a contract which leaves you vulnerable to getting absolutely screwed should she turn on you one day. Add that to the cultural problem in that they are encouraged to do this sort of thing if they are "not haaaaaapy" (want to get back on the cock carousel at mid life crisis point) and the odds aren't good.
>>
Can't wait to get rejected, once again.
>>
>>767692273
Jews did it
>>
>>767691429
Nah.
Nope
Not even

Unless you don't mind being a slave
>>
>>767692367
No argument there. Frankfurt school.
>>
>>767691429
>is it worth it?
yes
>should i do it?
yes
>will i regret it?
probably at some point, but if you don't you'll also regret that.
you can't win op, you'll be miserable no matter what.
The best you can do is be miserable with someone you love and who loves you back.
>>
>>767691429
>Marriage debate

>Is it worth it? No, married for 3 years, wish I could go back.

>Should I do it? Do what you feel, but always remember its like living with your mom all over again.

>Will I regret it? Probably, most do. I do.
>>
>>767691708
then don't marry a crazy bitch.
>>
>>767691429
THE GOOD:
>tax breaks
>spouse cannot be made to testify against spouse
>Intestate Law (when you die without a will) tends to favor spouse above all others- including parents in the event of inheritance issues. This varies from state to state.
>spouse can receive health insurance from the job that their spouse works at

THE BAD:
>most marriages end in divorce. Whether its due to hasty decision making by idiots or irreconcilable differences, it's a huge drain on life.
>Divorce can lead to insane stress and wondering why you wasted so much of your life if this was the ultimate result. It's life-changing.
>States vary again, but the longer you are married, the more entitled a spouse is to receive more of their spouses' share of assets.

This is a n example of what I mean: every 4 years of marriage, a spouse is entitled to receive up to 10% of their spouse's assets in the divorce, up to 50% at 20 years. The details are fuzzy to me, consult your local laws.

>Prenuptial agreements are a wise decision but rarely appreciated due to the implications they create: they protect each person's interests prior to marriage, but it says "I don't trust you that much" before you marry.

There are pros and cons, OP.
>>
>>767691708
only pussies are afraid of taking risks.
>>
>>767692426
I agree
>>
>>767691429
Just make sure to marry someone you like, not just love. Loving someone is easy, liking them is difficult.
>>
>>767691908
8 - scedual a meeting with loli
9 - show up to said meeting
10 - have a seat
>>
>>767692515
>>spouse cannot be made to testify against spouse
No but if you get on her bad side she can choose to testify
>>
>>767692492
It's not a matter of crazy bitch. It's a matter of a culture where they are encouraged to be "empowered" (whores) and the family court system is heavily biased against men.
>>
>>767691921
>courts are run by faminazis
feminazis don't run shit
why do you think they're so pissed all the time?
>>
>>767692273
are you a men's rights activist?
>>
>>767692663
Because they are never satiated. They could have a full on dictatorship but would still complain about being oppressed. Were you born yesterday?
>>
>>767691429
Depends on woman
Depends on situation

Lotta factors

Was worth it for me
One day it may not be- who knows
>>
>>767692712
Nope just a sane man who has done his homework and known a lot of other men with divorce horror stories.
>>
>>767692477
you just let yourself get cucked and it's your own damn fault.
If you didn't get married you would be just as miserable but you'd find some other explanation for it.
>>
>>767692662
then don't marry a dumb bitch who reads cosmo.
>>
Easy way to get citizenship
>>
>>767692725
>Were you born yesterday?
no, i'm just not a bitter cuck.
>>
>>767692515
You gave a lucid and fairly exhaustive discussion of the points.
I'd like you to know I appreciate that.

But I'd like to add a bit more:
Getting stuck in a marriage with someone you hate (or makes you hate yourself) can be just as bad as divorce.

Also, just my opinion, but I don't think the rewards outweigh the risks. If you want sex, it's virtually growing on trees nowadays. If you want companionship, good friends are a worthy substitute.

I think I'd only change my mind if I met a woman so beyond what I've encountered throughout life that I'd mistake her for another species.
>>
>>767691429
It's not worth it.
You will do it anyway because social pressure.
You will get fucked so bad you will consider murder and/or suicide.
But it's fine cause that's what everyone does, isn't it?
>>
>>767692634
there are laws (civil level) that allow a plaintiff to sue in cases of malicious prosecution/abuse of process. A scenario:

"If you don't do what I say, I'm calling the cops and telling them you smoke weed, beat me the fuck up, rape me, etc. and there's not a thing you can do about it because I can cry on cue!"

There is something you can do, although it's not easy to prove (because despite our best efforts we can't remove humanity/emotion from the legal system) Tort law is an area that most people think of when they see court cases of Idiot A suing Idiot B for damages.

They won't get jailtime (typically) but they can be fined pretty harshly and it reflects poorly on their criminal record.
>>
>>767692866
Well dubs don't lie but the trouble is trying to find one that isn't influenced by the cultural decline is harder than you might think. If you can't find that then you are far better of with a doggo.
>>
>>767692908
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better kiddo.
>>
>>767692815
Not cucked, fgt. Just went through some issues together that made us grow apart. People change. You can't expect to be married to the same person forever and not change.
>>
>>767692957
>social pressure.
what are you, some kind of pussy?
if you do anything because of social pressure alone (especially get fucking married!) you are weak.
>>
>>767692933
I'm glad that I can help. All that you said is true, and the points I gave reflect purely any legal benefits I could think of.

If you're seeking romantic benefits or emotional connections, the points I made probably don't help lol
>>
>>767691429
Grayfag here.
Probably been married longer then you/ve been alive - 30 years.

Was it worth it? For me, yes. For you (today) probably not. Too bad. You missed out on a good time.

>shit's all fucked up nowadays
>>
>>767693019
>If you can't find that then you are far better of with a doggo.
agreed, that's why you shouldn't rush into marriage but you should also not rule it out.
>>
>>767693019
Some truth here. I married a Paki / Indian mix. She's no fan of Trump but she very much dislikes SJWs and black people in general.
>>
>>767693098
Personally I haven't. But we're talking general, aren't we?
>>
>>767693141
Listen to this guy.

Everything's gonna change if you marry her, some days will be good and some will be fucking unbearable. You just gotta pick your battles.

>grayingfag here, 24 years with mine, married for 15 of them
>>
>>767693083
>issues together that made us grow apart
everyone grows apart, the challenge of marriage is sticking with it anyways. Getting married isn't supposed to be a selfish pursuit of happiness.
It's about securing a good environment for your children and not letting your own desires get in the way of that.
>>
If you're thinking about
>Divorce
Etc

Don't bother and let the other person live in peace.
>>
Only worth it if you are a cuck who wants to get robbed of half your shit

If you have kids your money will go down the drain and if you wife gets convinced by feminazi propaganda that she deserves to be treated like a princess and sex should not be mandatory because it’s her body she will just divorce you, fuck some negroid and still make you pay for her trips to NY and the kids lol

So basically only do it if you are a suicidal cuck

>true alpha way
Just stay single, and keep living the life while still being able to drop any bitch without having to worry about getting kicked out of your house and have niggs walk in to fuck you ex
>>
>>767693168
Even with that you have to be careful. There are a lot of trad thots out there. Women will say what they think men want to here and are very good at parroting and placating.
>>
>>767693370
>sex should not be mandatory
lol what is this?
>>
I've been with my old lady for ten years. There's been a lot of talk about marriage. There's been a lot of talk about kids. She actually doesn't want either. And I'm okay with it. It works for us.

Ama.
>>
>>767693407
only dumb men can be tricked by women and they deserve the misfortune they bring upon themselves
>>
>>767693456
Modern women like spreading the idea that wives should not have sex with their husband under any circumstances unless they are feeling 100% up for it
>>
>>767693524
Congrats on a fuckbuddy
>>
>>767693524
Is she a trap
>>
>>767693541
Not really. Anyones hormones can stage a coup on their brains at times and every idiot will always say but mine is a NAWALT! Yeah pal...sure she is.
>>
>>767691429
Need more info on your situation. I was against marriage for a long time. Now i am happily married. It all depends on the situation. Give me details and I'll tell you what's up.
>>
If there's love then there is no need to make any pacts - you just stick together.
If there's no love then a formal pact just makes it worse.
Why enslave oneself voluntarily?
>>
>>767693108
Even most of the legal benefits can be made superfluous by a little bit of forethought.

>tax breaks
you could just manage your money better, and you'll have more to spend on yourself if you don't spend it on the wife

>spouse cannot be made to testify against
spouse
If you do commit a crime, don't be sloppy about it. No accomplices, if possible.

>dying without a will
...don't do this

>spouse can receive health insurance from other spouse's job
That might be the only one that's halfway decent, but with women as a demographic choosing domestic life, it probably won't count for much.
>>
>>767693524
How did you find her?
Any tips on finding someone similar?
>>
File: 1419569801340.jpg (73 KB, 393x472) Image search: [Google]
1419569801340.jpg
73 KB, 393x472
>>767693370
m'lady
>>
>>767693709
all true, but laws exist for a few reasons: one of them being that people don't prepare adequately for shit lol.
>>
>>767693593
Yeah pretty much. Except we share equal responsibility. We do have a life together.
>>
>>767693589
yeah and how is that a problem?
It's your job as a man to make her want to have sex with you.
If you think married women should be obligated to have sex with their husband and see the lack of said obligation as a problem, you are one sorry ass man.
>>
>>767693605
Nah. I could never be with a guy. I just wouldn't be happy. I like holes better.
>>
cheat
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>767693985
>>
>>767691429
you should only consider marriage if said partner loyal

basically you should only marry if you've won the gf lottery

also wait minimum of 4 years before giving her your cockring
>>
File: 1381901352621.png (567 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1381901352621.png
567 KB, 453x604
>>767693589
>>
>>767693759
She actually cornered me at work. She came up to me and asked me for my number.

She used to sit outside for me when I went on smoke breaks. Was afraid to approach her then one day I went and sat down next to her.

The rest is history.
>>
>>767694243
is that a 20q game on his belt?
>>
>>767694213
All women eventually go crazy. It's a matter of time.

I know plenty of dudes who marry cool ass chicks.

Basically I feel like if you have doubts about it before marriage don't do it. If she's crazy before marriage it's over once you signed the papers.
>>
File: 1523563221579.jpg (101 KB, 530x707) Image search: [Google]
1523563221579.jpg
101 KB, 530x707
>>767693370

this. a lot of people (or at least /b/ posters) seem to think men who are anti-marriage are all mgtow cucks. while a lot of them are correlation doesn't equal causation. in reality if you're going to date a girl long term, and not marry her, and keep her happy and okay with it, you have to be more alpha than if you just decided to propose because that's the "normal" thing to do. in reality t's just smart to be aware of the risks. the way i see it it's high risk low reward. if a woman were to leave me because i don't want to sign a contract with her and the government that basically just gives her more power and you less, that's a bullet dodges imo. The marriage system is so stacked against men, especially if you have money. you have to either be an idiot or 100% sure you found the right one and she will never change for the worse, to get married. but even then i still don't see the point. its a waste of money. a dress you wear once, useless gold and diamond rings. im generally anti-consumerist and don't like wasting money on stupid or unnessecary shit, and weddings are like that by nature unless you have some private wedding with just the 2 of you and nothing fancy but then what's the point. also there's the whole religious aspect and I'm not christian. really just nothing about marriage thats appealing to me.
>>
>>767694243
aside from that belt buckle, his clothes aren't the biggest problem there.
>>
>>767694330
How would you rate your looks?
Cause it seems like you stumbled ass backwards into a great situation, and that just doesn't happen unless there's something out of the ordinary going on.
>>
Never get married. Nothing is worth the loss of your independence.

Trust me.
>>
>>767694615
my parents have been together for 40+ years and still doing good.
They work together, make jokes and laugh all the time and generally good vibes. Also have regular sex.
don't know what you are on about.
>>
>>767694788
I was harsh with my words. But I was also speaking generally.

More towards high maintenance women. So I apologize.

It's so hard for two people to get along for so long. That's amazing that they did. I'm happy for them.

Kinda drunk so I'm not 100% coherent
>>
>>767691429
I personally don't see many upsides to marriage, at least not unless I've been with someone for years and I know it will last. Why legally tie yourself to someone unnecessarily? The only real tangible benefit is a tax break. Just live together, why do you need to be married, fuck, just be engaged indefinitely if she craves commitment but there's no reason to actually marry
>>
>>767695121
lol, no worries.
it's just always so strange to me when people make these generalizations when i've seen first hand how marriage can go right.
>>
File: 3ua0voV.png (31 KB, 508x324) Image search: [Google]
3ua0voV.png
31 KB, 508x324
>>767691429
0_o
>>
>>767694788
Your papa raping you doesn't count
>>
>>767694788
they're the exception. Marriage failure rates are pretty high and that's just the couples who legally divorce sometimes a marriage can be dead for years but the couple keeps going for some reason whether it be religious or economic
>>
>>767691429
Do not do it. They turn into massive cunts the instant the ring is put on their finger.
>>
>>767691429
Don't marry a poor chick if you're a successful individual.
>>
>>767691429
I've been married for a year. Whenever we argue she say's 'SO JUST DIVORCE ME'. I think she wants a divorce but wants me to pull the trigger.
Also, marriage sucks
>>
>>767695456
The fuck? Serious?
>>
>>767691429
Marry an ugly woman with more money/resources than you.
1. She will be more grateful.
2. If divorce happens you can clean her out.
3. It's a survival strategy that has worked for women for thousands of years, about time we guys get a chance.
>>
>>767696234
that's tough anon, you have my sympathies.
I have an idea for next time this happens.
Next time you are having an argument and she asks you this question, pause for a few seconds, lower your voice, look her straight in the eye and ask here calmly "do you want a divorce?"
>>
>>767695456
holy shit....
>>
>>767696257
Yeah I locked her in the basement so what?
>>
>>767691429
>Marriage debate
>Is it worth it?
Jesus Christ are you the mayor of StupidTown?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>767695456
Noob
>>
>>767691429
>FUCK FUCK FUCK
>KILL KILL KILL
>NEVER, EVER GET MARRIED
ANY QUESTIONS!
>>
>Is it worth it?
The only thing that makes marriage worth it are raising your children and having someone who unconditionally loves you (until they become teenagers)

>Should I do it?
Probably not

>Will I regret it?
Every day.

The only thing that keeps me from driving off into the sunset and starting over is my daughter. My wife & I were inseparable and perfect for each other. You get married, then you stop giving a shit and expectations drop for each other. You become content with your partner and life.
>>
File: yt5ujc9ztrfummd309910000000.jpg (39 KB, 805x486) Image search: [Google]
yt5ujc9ztrfummd309910000000.jpg
39 KB, 805x486
>>767691429
>So...he was behind of it.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.