Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

What advice does /b/ have for depressed, lonely young men?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
What advice does /b/ have for depressed, lonely young men?
>>
Don't be depressed or lonely. But always, always keep being young.
>>
>>767671617
Clean your room
>>
>>767671617
Why not begin a lovequest?
>>
File: rxW1vze779.png (134 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
rxW1vze779.png
134 KB, 310x310
>>767671617
Watch anime.
>>
File: 1509690750837.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1509690750837.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>>767671617
>>
>>767671617
start exercising more
>>
Depressed, lonely, young women
>>
>>767671617
Currently in the same situation. Just find something to do. I go fishing, hang out with friends, listen to music, and drive around with friends. Just go and be social for a bit.
>>
>>767671617

listen to more $uicideboy$ apparently
>>
>>767671905
top 3... go
>>
>>767671946
This.
Get diet in check, eat more fruit etc.
Get a routine of your day to day, e.g. go for a walk in the morning.
>>
File: IMG_2552.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2552.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
depressfag here. Give shit about yourself, no one else is going to. Don't expect anyone to truly care about how you feel and don't expect everything to go right. It's just not going to happen, but when someone does show caring and something does go right it can give you a happiness that last for a bit before you get sad again.
>>
>>767671617
I know that album cover. Listen to more SB.
>>
>>767671617
do mushrooms and go see phish.
>>
>>767671617
The correct answer is:
KILL YOURSELF!
>>
>>767671617
I was reading about bananas and I heard they help fighting depression. If you want more info you have Google.
>>
Working out helps a lot but in the end suicide is the better option. But do try to get in better shape, that might be the reason for low self worth.
>>
>>767671617
Drink, Drink till you pass out
>>
File: 1515896501980.jpg (68 KB, 702x672) Image search: [Google]
1515896501980.jpg
68 KB, 702x672
>>767671617
Grill yourselck b-b-burjjdk
>>
File: 980x.jpg (174 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
174 KB, 650x975
>>767671617
Fix your damn life, open up to people and dont be an edgy, nihilistic retard
>>
>>767671825
Honestly this, it's oddly therapeutic
>>
>>767671825
is this guy the king of autism or something?
>>
Every choice you don't make is a choice made by someone else.

If life sucks, you need to take control and make it what you want.

Stop crybabying about shit and do what you have to do.

It's only hard because you never really try.
>>
>>767675022
Long may I reign faggot
>>
>>767671825
>tfw your home is immaculate and in order because of your intense OCD.
Beat ya to that one, Jordan
>>
Honestly? Work on yourself but stop trying to compare yourself to anyone but the you that you were yesterday. If you’ve made an improvement over yesterday somehow- no matter how small, it’s forwards and up up up.
>>
>>767675147
Or because getting your life in order is a step in the direct of competence and living a better life
>>
>>767671617
Well my man. I don't advise it exactly, but what I did when I got to the edge of that lonely ass cliff is sell everything I own except clothes and my car and then went to a new state and started a new life. My confidence grew, I went home and viciously cursed everyone out.
>>
You faggots follow the wrong Jordan
https://youtu.be/tA7-3FKF-lE
>>
>>767671617
Just be depressed. Why are u running from whats going on inside you?
>>
Listen to more Ghostemane and less SB. SB is still all on the suicidal shit, where as ghoste talks about iver coming it.
>>
I like the completely vague answers here...opinions are like assholes
>>
File: giphy.gif (560 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
560 KB, 500x273
>>767671617
Find something you enjoy doing and join a club or attend events you find interesting. I like to ski but rarely can find anyone to go with me. I joined a ski club and now i have ski buddies and new friends.
>>
>>767675322
Soooo anger is the answer?
>>
>>767672294
/thread
>>
>>767675860
Not at all. But outright telling the truth is. Anger just happened to come with it unfortunately.
>>
>>767675835
Hey me and my bud are goin for a drive. U wanna sit in the middle and ski?
>>
>>767675936
Sorry. Thats not how it works. And theres nothing wrong with being angry. It is wrong to push that anger down tho. Its not good for u mentally and physically
>>
COMPARE YOURSELF TO WHO YOU WERE YESTERDAY NOT TO WHO SOMEONE ELSE IS TODAY
THEINTERNALCRITIC
It was easier for people to be good at something when more of us lived in small, rural communities. Someone could be homecoming queen. Someone else could be spelling-bee champ, math whiz or basketball star. There were only one or two mechanics and a couple of teachers. In each of their domains, these local heroes had the opportunity to enjoy the serotonin-fuelled confidence of the victor. It may be for that reason that people who were born in small towns are statistically overrepresented among the eminent.68 If you’re one in a million now, but originated in modern New York, there’s twenty of you—and most of us now live in cities. What’s more, we have become digitally connected to the entire seven billion. Our hierarchies of accomplishment are now dizzyingly vertical.
No matter how good you are at something, or how you rank your accomplishments, there is someone out there who makes you look incompetent. You’re a decent guitar player, but you’re not Jimmy Page or Jack White. You’re almost certainly not even going to rock your local pub. You’re a good cook, but there are many great chefs. Your mother’s recipe for fish heads and rice, no matter how celebrated in her village of origin, doesn’t cut it in these days of grapefruit foam and Scotch/tobacco ice-cream. Some Mafia don has a tackier yacht. Some obsessive CEO has a more complicated self-winding watch, kept in his more valuable mechanical hardwood-and-steel automatic self-winding watch case. Even the most stunning Hollywood actress eventually transforms into the Evil Queen, on eternal, paranoid watch for the new Snow White. And you? Your career is boring and pointless, your housekeeping skills are second-rate, your taste is appalling, you’re fatter than your friends, and everyone dreads your parties. Who cares if you are prime minister of Canada when someone else is the president of the United States?
>>
>>767671617
LSD.
A lot of LSD
>>
>>767676096
Inside us dwells a critical internal voice and spirit that knows all this. It’s predisposed to make its noisy case. It condemns our mediocre efforts. It can be very difficult to quell. Worse, critics of its sort are necessary. There is no shortage of tasteless artists, tuneless musicians, poisonous cooks, bureaucratically-personality-disordered middle managers, hack novelists and tedious, ideology-ridden professors. Things and people differ importantly in their qualities. Awful music torments listeners everywhere. Poorly designed buildings crumble in earthquakes. Substandard automobiles kill their drivers when they crash. Failure is the price we pay for standards and, because mediocrity has consequences both real and harsh, standards are necessary.

We are not equal in ability or outcome, and never will be. A very small number of people produce very much of everything. The winners don’t take all, but they take most, and the bottom is not a good place to be. People are unhappy at the bottom. They get sick there, and remain unknown and unloved. They waste their lives there. They die there. In consequence, the self-denigrating voice in the minds of people weaves a devastating tale. Life is a zero-sum game. Worthlessness is the default condition. What but willful blindness could possibly shelter people from such withering criticism? It is for such reasons that a whole generation of social psychologists recommended “positive illusions” as the only reliable route to mental health.69 Their credo? Let a lie be your umbrella. A more dismal, wretched, pessimistic philosophy can hardly be imagined: things are so terrible that only delusion can save you.
>>
>>767671617
listen to rap music and start vaping. go to concerts as regularly as you can. try to talk to girls. drink a gallon of milk a day. put premium gas in your car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3jS9SSXZs
>>
>>767676142

Here is an alternative approach (and one that requires no illusions). If the cards are always stacked against you, perhaps the game you are playing is somehow rigged (perhaps by you, unbeknownst to yourself). If the internal voice makes you doubt the value of your endeavours—or your life, or life itself—perhaps you should stop listening. If the critical voice within says the same denigrating things about everyone, no matter how successful, how reliable can it be? Maybe its comments are chatter, not wisdom. There will always be people better than you—that’s a cliché of nihilism, like the phrase, In a million years, who’s going to know the difference? The proper response to that statement is not, Well, then, everything is meaningless. It’s, Any idiot can choose a frame of time within which nothing matters. Talking yourself into irrelevance is not a profound critique of Being. It’s a cheap trick of the rational mind.
Many Good Games
Standards of better or worse are not illusory or unnecessary. If you hadn’t decided that what you are doing right now was better than the alternatives, you wouldn’t be doing it. The idea of a value-free choice is a contradiction in terms. Value judgments are a precondition for action. Furthermore, every activity, once chosen, comes with its own internal standards of accomplishment. If something can be done at all, it can be done better or worse. To do anything at all is therefore to play a game with a defined and valued end, which can always be reached more or less efficiently and elegantly. Every game comes with its chance of success or failure. Differentials in quality are omnipresent. Furthermore, if there was no better and worse, nothing would be worth doing. There would be no value and, therefore, no meaning. Why make an effort if it doesn’t improve anything?
>>
>>767676243
ok i got bored of copypasting
>>
>>767676096
>>767676142
>>767676243
ok wow you little prick you dont know me
>>
>>767671617
litsen to pic related?
>>
>>767676467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v3k6oG1TGk
>>
>>767671617
Listen to Jordan Peterson.
>>
>>767675957
As fun as it would /b to play with you and your dads needle dick, ill have to pass. PS burger, if you werent 350 lbs of processed cheese you might enjoy some exercise....fat faggot
>>
>>767671822
Underrated
>>
>>767671617
Do not care to much about anything that does not directly involve you.
>>
>>767671617
I would say it gets better, but I don’t want to lie to you.
Prepare your anus, OP.
>>
>>767671825
B-buy my r-rug it's only $2k
>>
>>767671825
OK
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.