Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Jordan Peterson is one of the wisest intellectuals of recent

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: images (10).jpg (65 KB, 840x630) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
65 KB, 840x630
Jordan Peterson is one of the wisest intellectuals of recent years and he actually sees things as they are.
Prove him wrong
>>
People aren´t lobsters.
>>
File: 1525440765239.png (76 KB, 214x225) Image search: [Google]
1525440765239.png
76 KB, 214x225
>>767649299
>>
>>767649160
Matt Dillahunty and Sam Harris already did prove him wrong. Also his misinterpretation of discrimination law has already been proven wrong by actual lawyers.
>>
>>767649160
why?

if you want your parents to be proud of you, you should do what he says

that doesn't mean that he is right on everything though
>>
>>767649160

> "You can't have a real debate with a woman because there is no threat of violence."

Yeah it figures anons would be enamored with this fucking spastic.
>>
>>767649160
>Peter Jordanson

The name sounds vaguely familiar

isn't he that one guy who keeps getting BTFO in debates with sam harris?
>>
>>767649359
I went to school with a girl named Sam Harris. She had real big tits and everybody called her Tits McGee
>>
He just steals Jung’s Work and dumbs it down to sell to the masses.
>>
>>767649160
This guy is a braindead moron lmao.

Even claiming God exists, just like every other retard like him (Milo, Ben Shapiro etc.)
>>
>>767649595
don't get me wrong, i hate sjw's and pc, but fucking retards like these spastics are just as cancerous.
>>
File: 1512061075989.jpg (105 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1512061075989.jpg
105 KB, 1000x1000
>>767649595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwpwP_fIqY
>>
>>767649299
loawbsters*
>>
I agree that he’s brilliant, but it’s sad that the alt right thinks he is justifying them.
>>
>>767649521

thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread
>>
>>767649652
How is that video relevant to what i wrote?
He still said he's Christian himself.
To be honest, Christians are bigger cunts and hypocrites than these brainwashed goatfucking muslims.
>>
>>767649160
He's a psychologist. I don't think all his political opinions are spot on, but who is?

As far as his life advice and ways in which you should get your shit together go, I love him.

Hell, even the clean up your room meme was a great start to moving on with your life.
>>
>>767649299
No but the heirachy mechanism in the lobsters brain is the same heirachy mechanism in the humans proving the point that heirachys are inate to human exisitence and much older than and more primal than commies and anarchists think.
>>
He's a mentally ill Christian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvBm0ZUfe7I
>>
>>767649519
Read into how you want. He has faired fair better than any other religous nut agaisnt harris. He is far smarter than Harris but he is a pseudo theologian. Which is why harris beats him.
>>
>>767649160
lol

It's ok anon, we were all impressionable 14yo's once. You get sucked into other peoples bad ideas when you lack life experience and a greater breadth of information, and after a while you realize you've learned from the experience, and don't get suckered into intellectually lazy shit so easily again. It's the same path we all eventually find ourselves down; some lost, some racing at speed.

Have fun on your journey, /b.
>>
>>767649160
Never ride dick that hard op, he has some interesting things to say but so do a lot of people broaden your scope and have some self-respect for fuck sake.
>>
>>767649950

He's a psychologist that has said if you "throw out" IQ (something that has had enormous, well respected academic criticism for decades), then you might as well ignore throw out ALL OF PSYCHOLOGY.

He only brings up things that support his position, and never teaches anyone about the dissenting arguments, of which there are usually many.

Oh, and he also believes that Anthropology and History academic courses have been infiltrated by "cultural marxists" - and everything they teach is somehow designed to destroy Western Civilisation.

The SOLE reason he is popular at all is because there is precious few Alt-Right supporters who aren't so clinically retarded they can't at least appear sensible and intellectual.
>>
""""""""""""""intellectual"""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>767649976
He cries because he sees the bigger picture so vividly, as he is able to abstract way beyond brainlets. That and empathy ofcourse.
>>
File: 12399246598.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
12399246598.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>767649160
>>
>>767649160
I like him, I bought his book and it’s way
Too much of TL;DR shit... his YouTube snippets of pro life advice is pretty legit tho, seriously got me to clean my car and room all the time
>>
>>767649160
Compared to Trump, maybe.
>>
Everyone saying he's just a blanket christian fundamentalist obviously hasn't heard the guy talk about god, i mean i hate the people that rabidly defend him on every topic because he's certainly wrong on many things but his idea of God is just a set of western values personified and originally used as a method to make monarchs somewhat accountable so they werent like the roman pagan emperor's or at least less frequently so because they were forced to be more accountable to the clergy and the people, we have less need for a God now as a society but its extremely obvious why it was essential for our society to progress as it did in a historical context
>>
>>767649897
lol ok
>>
>>767650372
what?
>>
>>767649595
Ben Shapiro is a fucking moron, dumb fucking Jew playing for the long game, wouldn’t be surprised if that asshole runs for the president and gets elected as the first Jew
>>
>>767649160
>pointing put common sense is a revolutionary act when equality pretends to exist
>>
>>767650361

this is why I love the internet

some sorry fag cared enough to make a deepfake
>>
>>767649976

jesus christ what a soyboy
>>
File: like don't even know.jpg (41 KB, 499x635) Image search: [Google]
like don't even know.jpg
41 KB, 499x635
>>767650256
My brother listens to him all the time and I feel like he's been slowly turning into a retard incapable of deviating from routine.
>>
File: LeDeadUnderTheSea.jpg (79 KB, 700x699) Image search: [Google]
LeDeadUnderTheSea.jpg
79 KB, 700x699
>>767649299
are you sure? I have evidence of the contrary
>>
>>767649160
>he actually sees things as they are.
That is impossible. Peterson wrote a paper about that.

However, he might be telling a useful story.
>>
>>767650361
how did he do that?
>>
>>767650625
Is your brother doing better in life?
>>
>>767650583
>implying you didn't immediately drop to your knees in front of you monitor to savor every last drop of daddy's milk.

not a real Peterson fan.
>>
>>767650368
>clean up your room

Honestly, his religious interpretations are interesting because of how he treats them as allegory, but when he talks about ways to get your life together I'm hooked.

guy seems to have a firm understanding of what makes people tick, and how to get people on track.
>>
>>767649976
>>767649976
funny how the channel is called "twat"
>>
>>767650980
>guy seems to have a firm understanding of what makes people tick, and how to get people on track.

Its his fucking job, he has a phd in it. hes so good at it he teaches other cunts how to do it. He evwn taught vunts at harvard how to do it.
>>
>>767650827
If by better you mean happier, then no. If you mean better off financially, then also no. He has a routine so all he has is an illusion of stability.
>>
>>767651116
he's so good at it that he's not respected by any other academics in his field, and his only followers are retards who can't read
>>
>>767650539
>I no engrish so good
>>
>>767649160
As a liberal leaning dude, I was resistant to this guy based off his youtube presence. But his newish book is actually very well done. i dont agree with much of what he says to get to certain places, they are based on a deeply conservative world view that I think misses some aspects of the human experience. BUt the advice he gives seems totally sound to me, albeit someone incomplete.
>>
>>767651338
>Why would he be better off financially?
Peterson advocates for looking after yourself and being the best possible version of yourself hes not teaching people how to manage their finances.
>>
>>767651545
*somewhat incomplete
>>
>>767651395
>not respected by any other academics in his field,
Sauce
>>
>>767651338
Sad to hear anon. Though not thinking for yourself is the opposite of what Peterson advocates.
>>
File: VCRQsSM.jpg (45 KB, 425x543) Image search: [Google]
VCRQsSM.jpg
45 KB, 425x543
>>767649595
>>
question for the die hard Peterson followers....

Peterson often referes to some elements of the left as 'cultural marxist' because in his estimation, they seek to level cultural outcomes regardless of merit.

Is it fair then to call some elements of the right 'cultural fascists' because they seek to maintain an order that was developed from 'might makes right' justification?
>>
>>767651567
What is your definition of "better off" then?
>>
>>767649160
I think he's pretty based, but you're giving him too much credit, OP. He's a conservative academic, and while those are a dying breed, he's not that special. The least conventional thing about him is his rise to popularity. There are other Jungian psychologists out there with roughly the same ideas, but they haven't been swept up by the internet and the new right.

tl;dr: He's solid, but he's overhyped.
>>
>>767649160
He is a smart mother fucker. I really enjoying listening to him. I'd like to share a brew and bullshit with him
>>
>>767652284
cultural marxism isn't real, it's a conspiracy theory
>>
>>767652416
/thread

people think he's unique, he's just an internet version of what's been around for over a 100 years in academic circles
>>
>>767651395
He has a reasonable body of well-cited academic papers. They seem to respect him enough to discuss his work.
>>
>>767649595
>Claiming to know the answer to a question that can't be answered one way or the other.
Believe what you want, just don't try to claim you know unless you wanna look like a tard
>>
>>767652643
he gets citations because he's deliberately inflammatory and controversial
>>
>>767651338
Well, give him some time. You need to have a routine before you can start working towards something bigger. Maybe he hasn't found what he wants to work towards yet. Stability is a good start.
>>
>>767649950
Yeah, your life will improve if you take his suggestions to heart.
>>
>>767652597
I agree its WAY overblown. But there is a small contingency on the left that seeks to level outcomes, rather than opportunity. I think the contingency on the right that could just as easily be labeled as 'cultural fascist' is far greater. But these terms are loaded and unproductive. I think we're better off using less divisive language if we want to have real conversations.
>>
>>767652353
Before he established his peterson routine was he stressing unorganised not coping with life etc? You know is he better off you can still be miserable and better off or poor and better off. Uou said he has an illusion of stability because of the routine? What was his life like before that has even this illusiok made his life better. And if at the end of the day your brither feels more incontrol if his life is he infavt better off, at which point if hes feeling in control you could probably use that positive momentum.to avtually hrlp him fix the shit things in his life.
>>
>>767650625
Meeep meeeep meep meeep, bazoooonga meeeep meeeep
>>
>>767649160
He's either wrong about the JQ or won't give a serious answer because (((they))) will end him.
>>
He is a good rhetorician who found a way to make a quick buck off of NEETs with daddy issues.
>>
>>767652789
That's not what people mean when they talk about (((cultural marxism))). "Cultural Fascism" will never be a thing because it's not based on a jewish conspiracy
>>
>>767653033
What do you think cultural marxism is then? I'm pretty sure that Peterson believes it is what I just said - seeking to level cultural outcomes regardless of merit. Can't speak for rabid alt-righters posting illogical crap on the interwebs might think the definition of cultural Marxism as being.
>>
>>767652805
Dude, I think you might be dyslexic. Maybe you should see a psychologist.
>>
>>767652602

being outspoken on the media against dumb gender "issues" has been a thing for intellectuals in the past 100 years?

what universe are you living in?
>>
>>767653152
The cultural marxist conspiracy has been around long before Peterson. During WW2 Jewish philosphers fled Germany and came to America. Their intention, of course, was to destroy Western civilization by corrupting Western values with degenerate communism. It was all a Jewish trick, you see.
>>
>>767649160
he's alright with most psychological aspects but get him talking about religion and he just goes off the fucking deep end
>>
>>767649897
>Christians
>Muslims
>Grown ass people still believing and killing in the name of a fairy tale in the 21st century

Both are just as fucked, tbh.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.