Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

ITT: Ask a quality control manager of a top soft drink &

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: shutterstock_225147871.0.0.jpg (141 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_225147871.0.0.jpg
141 KB, 1200x800
ITT: Ask a quality control manager of a top soft drink & bottled water company anything.
>>
>>767588970
What's the standard deviation on the volume of soda in a can?
>>
>>767589135

Believe it or not, it can vary quite a bit. Legally we have to fill a percentage of what we claim is in the can, but those values vary by state. We try to average the exact fill height...IE a can is 12oz...down to the decimal among all filler heads. Gross underfills should still be over 85% of the stated volume unless something went wrong in production
>>
>>767588970
Do you ever switch suppliers (for the can or bottle), have problems with the new supplier, and have to switch AGAIN in a short period of time?

>>767589324
>IE
*e.g.

"I.e." = "id est" = "that is"
"E.g." = "exempli gratia" = "for (the sake of) example"
>>
>>767588970
What do you control to be exact? It's automated
>>
>>767589640
>(for the can or bottle)
I mean the metal or the plastic.
>>
>>767588970
How many dead rats are you allowed to have floating around in the drink tanks?
>>
>>767589640

Supplier switches are infrequent, at my location, i can state that we havent had to switch in the way you've suggested, though im sure it has occurred before.
>>
Have you ever kissed a girl?
>>
How much your dog weighs?
>>
Do you like movies about planes?
>>
>>767588970
do you get free product all the time? either to take home or at least to drink at work?
>>
>>767589721

The filling process is automated, everything else is under human control, including the settings for individual drinks, the characteristics of the drink batch, status of the equipment, water quality at that specific moment, packaging condition, etc.
>>
>>767589772

Zero. Multiple audits from multiple sources regularly, its actually quite arduous :)
>>
File: 1 (6).jpg (370 KB, 1273x1273) Image search: [Google]
1 (6).jpg
370 KB, 1273x1273
>>767589772
>>
>>767589930

Inside the location, yes, drink whatever you want honestly. And there's no issue taking a can or a 2 liter out or something, but authorization is required for any quantity greater than that.

In other words, you cant just walk out with 24 packs in your hands each day.
>>
>>767590022
so is that why you voted for trump? because you hate government regulations and you really want to allow rats to swim in your drinks? do you now see how short sighted that attitude is? can you admit you were wrong?
>>
>>767590257

Didn't vote for trump. Obama passed the Food Safety Modernization Act. Its a pain in the ass law, but eh...i still like him.
>>
>>767590173
ok i suspected as much. so my next question is this: how fat are the people that work there? or are they actually good at not over indulging in the free sugary drinks?

actually i have a much more relevant and real question do you make iced tea at wherever you work?
>>
>>767588970
How sticky do things get?
>>
>>767590389

1.) Not as fat as you'd think, considering the sheer quantity and availability of an EXTREMELY popular and sugary drink we make. I guess once you are there long enough, you learn to stay away.

2.) Yes, lots of iced tea made too.
>>
>>767588970
What is the most interesting test that you do?
>>
>>767590516

Quite sticky if theres a HFCS spill. Its like spilling corn syrup in your basement, except in the thousands of gallons. Straight syrup before its diluted to beverage strength is a pain in the ass, cakes onto everything. Lots of hoses around to wash it down.
>>
>>767590730

Interesting is a matter of perspective. I think one of the most scientifically interesting tests we do is absence of sugar testing in diet drinks. Its taken quite seriously, cant have a diabetic who thinks they're drinking diet get a slug of sucrose in them.
>>
File: 1524102546000m.jpg (47 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
1524102546000m.jpg
47 KB, 577x1024
>>767590596
ok iced tea. if you manufacture gold peak iced tea please admit to me it's just brown dyed water. i mean i'm sure there's some legal standard or assumed legal standard about what constitutes a manufactured beverage being called iced tea, but that tea is so weak it's unbelievable that anyone would drink it. so if you make gold peak please tell me and tell me that how i'm wrong about it being made with the bare legal minimum amount of tea and the rest is brown dye.

if you make pure leaf tea, which seems appropriately strong, i'm still curious to know if you guys still try and minimize the amount of tea and add dyes instead.

gold leaf is pure fucking garbage and i can't believe anyone drinks that shit. i never ever buy that. i'd drink urine before i supported the manufacturer of that shit. pure leaf seems alright but i still don't trust it.
>>
>>767590879
That sounds pretty cool, what is the process? Does it take long?
>>
>>767590961
>pure leaf tea
the ONLY low cost prefab tea worth touching
>>
>>767591299
plus it's hard to find unsweetened tea and they are one of the few that you can find in a convenience store.
>>
>>767590961

By saying which tea we make, if either, id essentially be saying which company i work for. Those are fresher varieties of iced tea, made at a different facility. Believe it or not, some teas are "less fake" or "processed" than others. Those are among them. I do feel we do a pretty good job with our tea from my other contacts at other facilities. Pretty high quality ingredients, but mass produced to be sure.
>>
>>767591368
yup heh
my lazy ass buys it up every time
someday ill make my own
>>
>>767591443
i make my own every day. i just buy pure leaf when i'm travelling
>>
Red diamond unsweetened tea is the way to go
>>
>>767590961
arizona's tastes like pure shit as well
>>
>>767591289

Well it depends on the type of sugar you're looking for. Sucrose is the more interesting one. HFCS is detected via diabetic pee sticks because the glucose molecule a simple sugar, sucrose is a complex sugar and requires a much more expensive and strenuous system to determine, takes about 5 mins. Regular HFCS is instantaneous.
>>
>>767588970
The coke in glass bottles straight out of the cooler are always better than the shit in the 2 liter bottles
>>
>>767591602

Thats because CO2 diffuses out of PETs far quicker than glass and UV light degrades the PETs and provides off flavors. Also oxidation.
>>
How much urine and fecal matter is a tolerable amount?
>>
>>767591602
isn't the case that any coke in a bottle is made with sugar, not hfcs? i don't think i've seen coke in bottles in the us forever and i always buy mexican coke in bottles if i buy it. i remember when i lived in italy it was also made with sugar and not hfcs.
>>
>>767588970
What does oprahs cunt smell like?
>>
>>767591759
After I posted that I kind of figured it had something to do with the carbonation. The 2 liters tend to go flat quicker.
>>
>>767591781

0. Would never happen naturally, would have to be a disgruntled employee. I've never heard of it occuring before minus that one story out of ireland.

That being said, we do extremely rigorous testing on bottled water for coliform bacteria. Its very safe.
>>
>>767591586
Huh, very cool. Thanks for the answers.
>>
>>767588970
do you have access to the original recipe of coca cola? that shit has degraded like hell over time
>>
>>767588970
Do you have any outside processes before reaching a finished product for any final drink, or is pretty much everything from start to finish internal?
>>
Is soda meant to be refrigerated and then drunk straight, or should you keep the soda room temperatue and pour over ice?
>>
How many recipes for Coca Cola are currently being used?
>>
>>767588970
Why is SKI soda the best soda?
>>
>>767591844

Couldn't say for certain, though i can say that HFCS (standard) drinks and Real Sugar/Sucrose drinks, even if the same brand have DISTINCTLY different tastes.

I personally feel that sucrose drinks bring out more of the natural spices of the drink, but to each their own. Everyone usually falls into a specific camp on that issue and some do like both, but to be sure, they do NOT taste the same.
>>
>>767592049
wine and cocaine
>>
Why isn't stevia used more often?
>>
>>767592062

Verification of quality the raw materials we receive, particularly sweeteners and gasses (CO2 etc), the rest is all internal.
>>
>>767592328

We make what people buy, simply put.
>>
>>767592299
Alright smart arse. 1960's to 1970's coca cola then.
>>
>>767588970

The pepsi watehouse in Russia collapsed.

Also they had some bad accidents last year (don't ask me how I know that).

What the hell is wrong with Russia? If they have so many fuckups with human lives and property damage, how we can trust plants there to handle stuff like diary products? (it falls all under the same company btw).
>>
does the president of coca cola have a secret batch of original coca cola i.e., circa 1900 containing cocaine, made for him and his friends when they have parties and shit?
>>
>>767592418
How are we supposed to buy it if you don't make it?
>>
>>767592508

Even in a multinational conglomerate, certain divisions do far worse than other divisions. The potential for growth is highest in the developing nations, but they usually have the lower performance records.

I can say though that a company wont tolerate its trademark being abused by a food safety issue. If there are flagrant violations even at an overseas plant, they'll wipe out the senior management and start over.
>>
>>767592555

There will be new product startups/LTOs, they wait to see if people are buying it up. If they dont, away it goes.
>>
Dude, what's your favorite soda then?
>>
>>767592770

From my experience Russians get much more lee-way in their fuckups and in every company. The internal pollitics are maddening.
>>
>>767589772

SOP is to clean out the catching screen at least once per day
>>
>>767589772
>>767590022
>>767590257
>>767593377

lol, you guys are aware that nowdays a PET lines are fully enclosed, from the moment that the raw tube gets blowed into bottle, throught cleaning and filling till it is all screwed close?

If a rad would get into a bottle then ONLY in a liquified form, because everything that gets into the bottle moves throught narrow valves and comes from hermetic containers?
>>
>>767593700
lol, you aware you sound like a retard? you don't know shit about soft drink manufacturing and bottling and you spend all of your time going from web site to web site trying to horn in on forum threads about beverage bottling.
>>
>>767588970
are you Francesco Gorbachevsk Mitsubawa Guedes?
>>
>>767589640
I just want to thank this anon for explaining what ie and eg really mean.
Thank you anon
>>
>>767593949

Uh-nuh, I'm not OP but nopes, you are wrong. Nowdays (at least at modern plants like pepsi and cola uses) you have one combo machine like this one:

http://www.sacmi.com/en-US/Products-and-Services/Beverage-machines-producer/Business-Units/Bottling-Plant-.aspx?idC=61148&LN=en-US

Bottle goes into machine in its raw form of a "test tube"

http://img.weiku.com/waterpicture/2011/10/27/6/Automatic_PET_Plastic_Bottle_Blow_Moulding_Machine_634566797305490943_1.jpg

And then with heat and pressure it gets blowed into the bottle

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/6a/94/b66a946fde3654ad6a04aa17716315a7.jpg

In the same machine, without being unscrewed it goes throught cleaning and then filling and then screweing the lid so, as I said, there is absolutely no place for a smal mammal to get stuck (and if you would stuck one into it then A) bottle would collapse or B) it would be cooked).
>>
How much paperwork do your packaging/processing employees have to fill out, and are they good about it?
I work quality assurance at a pasta manufacturing plant and literally every day we are correcting them or fixing mistakes on their paperwork. That and they fake their weights/metal checks quite often.
>>
>>767593700

Im OP and this is is true and yet not true. True in that these lines he speaks of are the wave of the future, false in that "nowadays" part. DBF lines are the exception, not the rule. Many/most PET lines are NOT fully enclosed.
>>
>>767594850

An obscene amount. The direct producers are terrible at it, the QC people are decent.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.