Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Alright faggots. **ASK A PLUMBER ANYTHING** If you ask the

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: plumber.jpg (28 KB, 328x415) Image search: [Google]
plumber.jpg
28 KB, 328x415
Alright faggots.

**ASK A PLUMBER ANYTHING**

If you ask the right question you may get some very interesting greentexts.

If you ask a new question you will get new greentexts. (You know.... O.C. That one thing the board is lacking)

Also general plumbing advice.

If you appreciated the advice you were given, reward me with tits.

I like tits.
>>
File: IMG_20180503_141246.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20180503_141246.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
How fucked are our radiator pipes OP?
>>
>>767546346
Look not too bad. They'll probably pop a pinhole long before they burst. You've probably got a bit of time left in them.

I'm guessing you haven't been dosing your tanks with anti corrosives.
>>
>>767545361
Do you regret not becoming a sparky every day?
>>
>>767546346
Although that floor looks like it's showing heavy sign of water damage, been leaking from the nut?
>>
>>767545361
Sparky reporting in, I'm gonna disconnect main earths so that any of you copper pipe using chucklefucks die
>>
>>767546432
Oh fuck no.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer the pay, but not only do I not want to spend every day under a house or in a ceiling, but I also came to appreciate (maybe 15 years into my trade) the actual skills and abilities I have. There's literally not much I can't do. Obviously I can do plumbing but I've also had to learn chippy work and sparkie work too on odd occasions, and while I'm technically not supposed to do sparky gear (I get a mate to check it for me and sign it off for a fee) if I'd have been a sparky, it would literally be all I know, as a plumber, I've pretty much learned three trades across the board.
>>
>>767546514
oh?

that would require doing actual work.
>>
>>767546436
Yes. It hasn't been leaking for a few months though. This room is a fucking mess. There is black spots appearing on the ceiling. Mold, or something.
>>
>>767546629
Yeah, black mould's a bit of a nasty one, you might want to get some industrial strength mould killer on that man, shit's bad for your lungs.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say it was leaking during summer and then stopped leaking during winter.
>>
How would you approach repairing these pipes btw OP? Is it something I could do myself, without having previous experience?
>>767546346
>>
>>767545361
copper or pex?
>>
>>767545361
How did you get into plumbing. I've been wanting to get into the career for some time, but it seems like no one will hire without rediculas amounts of experiance.
>>
>>767546629
Not the op but i have to ask. Why the fuck would u let it go for so long?
Judging by the damage it has been leaking for months. What could have been a cheep fix is now thousands in demo and rebuilding.
>>
>>767546721
Look, without the right tools, you're gonna be having a hard time.

But remember, youtube is right at your fingertips.
>>
>>767546745
Copper. Word is the germans invented pex and then phased the fucking thing out once it became popular in other countries.

I personally just don't like the taste of water out of pex. Tastes like you're drinking out of a garden hose.
>>
>>767545361
Is your name Mario?
>>
>>767546755
Ah look mate, I owed the old man money. He forced me to work for him. I've found most people who do pre apprenticeships get nowhere when looking for a plumbing job, where people who either ring around and apply for apprenticeships straight away, or walk into plumbing supplies stores and check the notice board for ads for people looking for apprentices, they're the blokes who get the jobs. Good luck.
>>
>>767546514
>main earths
You aren't a sparky. Disconnecting the main earth wont do jack to the plumbing.
Even the plumbing bond wont do anything unless there is a fault.

There is one short cable you can remove to create some real danger. Any legit spark will know it. I give you one chance for redemption
>>
>>767546881
No.
>>
>>767546899
Dubs of truth Sparkanon. Welcome to my thread.
>>
>>767546833
Crap. I work on large commercial and there is barely any copper in the place. Water tastes fine
>>
>>767546783
It's not my room so I let someone else take responsibility for it. And I don't have the money for the repair. And I didn't notice the subtle buildup until it got bad. And I'm curious to see how it develops. No good reasons, you know.
>>
>>767546892
Yeah, I've been trying, but I've heard that 90% of plumbers are much like you, learned and hired through family, that's why America at least is suffering a massive shortage of plumbers, but still won't hire without 2yrs apprenticeship experience at least. Was hoping you had a different story than hired by dad.
>>
>>767546974
Let me guess, that green buttwelded shite?

Not supposed to run it after copper. Bursts like a shitcunt. Should never have hit australian shores.

And the water probably tastes fine to you 'cause you were brought up on garden hose water ya toothless shed dwelling bogan westie cunt.
>>
>>767547208
I'm an ausfag mate, so I can't help you with the american thing, but I'd seriously recommend just going to all the plumbing suppliers and getting your name out there. Check for adverts and post your own on the pinboard. If they don't have one there just stick flyers up.

Surely blokes will appreciate a bloke with a bit of intitiative.
>>
Whats the biggest shit you have had to extract from piping, like fucking huge
>>
>>767547390
Mate, I was working in the intensive care ward of a hospital.

Got called in for a turd that wouldn't flush.

Literally the size of two fucking coke cans stacked on top of each other.

Nearly had to bust out the jackhammer to break it up.
>>
>>767547503
Holy fuck I would've taken a photo to show my mates that it couldve come out of a human body
>>
>>767547652
I almost did. Then I realised I was about to take a photo of a turd and put my phone away.

Regretting it now. It would have been 4chan gold.
>>
>>767546899
M
e
n
>>
>>767547351
You might be right, it's just disheartening. I have a ton of informal experience, but it don't mean shit. Knowing i can do a job worth 50-70k a year, but not being able to get in because I wasnt born into it is shit.
>>
>>767546538
As a carpenter, I also had to learn the shit of other trades. I think if you have a healthy curiosity you learn eventually
>>
Commercial > Residential
I hate dealing with homeowners.
>>
>>767547986
It's also roomier.
>>
>>767547803
Anon.

Are you going to do what I suggested?
>>
>>767547963
Yeah, this is true brave anon. The old man used to sit and watch the carpenters, plasterers, tilers and sparkies do their job while he had his lunch. Learned a lot that way.
>>
>>767547986
Depends what you prefer anon.

I find the blokes on commercial sites to be neanderthalic halfwit shitcunts who can't speak about anything that doesn't involve either competing with each other over the alphabet soup of car parts/names/models etc, or spouting about how some chick is hotter than the other chick and if you don't agree you're a poofter etc. Fuck that.

I can't handle that shit. I have too much intellect. I'm the guy who cops shit for reading a book in the lunch room. I can't stand them and they can't stand me. At least with domestic I can run my own show.
>>
>>767545361
Alright faggots, bit of a quiet thread this time around so I'm gonna bail and head to bed.

Until next time brave anons. Plum/b/anon out.
>>
>>767546899
Neutral wire. Fun fun
>>
File: 1478204534180-pol.jpg (146 KB, 960x758) Image search: [Google]
1478204534180-pol.jpg
146 KB, 960x758
>>767548634
Sorry mate. Good thread.
>>
>>767548352
>At least with domestic I can run my own show.
Every trade is easier to subby in domestic. Mostly on account of only needing $500 in materials for a day job. Commercial you need half a million in venture capital and half a dozen guys to do it. But you have to admit that commercial is nicer work. House bashing blows hard tbh. Rotten old houses are the worst thing to work on
>>
>>767546833
>water from pex taste different....
BS.
Or your water is so polluted it dissolves the plastic.
>>
>>767548990
think he already covered that one cletus
>>
sprinkler faggot here, you prefer service work?
>>
>>767545361
Will humans go extinct? Which extinctions are avoidable and which ones are unavoidable?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
>>
File: 1-320x240.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1-320x240.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
This kind of situations actually happends?
>>
HVAC nigger here did you also get sucked into the local pipefitters union too or am I the only dumb ass
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.