Are you a sheeple? (Test)
1. You own an expensive vehicle. You don’t need a $40,000 vehicle to get from point A to point B. The only reason to own a $40,000 car us because you want one. Why do you want one? Because you were told to want one…and you obeyed.
2. You watch the top 10 highest rated television shows. This wouldn’t be the case if the top 10 television shows were beacons of genius. As it stands, the top 10 television shows are beacons of petty ignorance because stupid sells better than genius. The reason stupidity sells so well is because people who don’t think flock towards stupidity because it’s familiar and safe. It reinforces their egos without ever challenging them. If you’re confused as to whether or not you’re a sheeple you can check to see if any of your favorite television shows are on the top of the Neilsen ratings. If you don’t know what the Neilsen ratings are, just Google it.
3. You believe that the music you listen to and the clothes you wear make you unique and/or rebellious. Music and fashion are mass produced consumer goods no matter what label they fall under. I don’t care if you’re hip/hop, grunge, indie, metal, emo, punk, hard core, country, death metal or classical. There’s somebody else out there listening to the same music as you, wearing the same clothes (that were made in the same sweat shops), congratulating themselves for being unique just like you. But you’re not unique. You’re defining your identity by associating it with mass produced consumer products that you’re going to stop listening to/wearing when it goes out of style. I’m not saying you can’t listen to music or wear clothes. Just don’t assume any of it makes you a rebel.
4. You don’t read or you only read popular fiction. In order to grow and change you need to learn. In order to learn eventually you’re going to have to read a book. If you’re not reading then you’re not learning much outside of the pop culture you’re bombarded with every day.
5. You get along with pretty much everybody. On the surface it sounds noble and virtuous to get along with everybody, but most people are stupid. Stupid people are afraid of ideas. Smart people have ideas. If you’re smart, stupid people won’t like you. If you get along with everybody you either don’t have any ideas to offend their stupidity with or you’re not standing up for your intelligent ideas, and if you’re not going to stand up for what’s right then you’re stupid.
6. Similar to #5:You automatically disagree with people all the time. If you do this you probably don’t notice, but it’s pretty easy to spot when other people do it. So think about this. Non-thinking people don’t weigh pros and cons logically. They just defend what they already believe and automatically reject everything else even if it’s mundane and trivial. If it doesn’t already have a place in their mind already it’s not coming in. So they constantly disagree with other people. They think this makes them smart because they’re so “good” at coming up with arguments and playing the devil’s advocate. The more they shoot down other people’s ideas and shut them up the more smug and maniacally genius it makes them feel, but all they’re really doing is building a higher and higher wall around their mind.
7. Your best friends are stupid. We hang out with people we’re comfortable with. Now be honest. Are your best friends stupid? If they are, then the reason you’re friends with them is because you’re stupid.
8. You have no philosophy or your philosophy is vague to the point of being useless. Here’s a simple sheeple test in one question: What’s your philosophy on life? Don’t have an answer ready to go? Your mind is empty. You’re following the herd.
But don’t take my word for it. Go do a survey. Go ask everyone you know what their philosophy on life is. Most people won’t have an answer. That means they don’t know how to live. So all they can do is just follow the herd and convince themselves that whatever they’re already doing is novel and ideal. But what they’re doing is neither novel nor ideal.
A thinker would be able to immediately give you a summary of their philosophy and tell you a long, arduous story about how they came to that conclusion, and they would go out of their way to make the disclaimer that their answers aren’t conclusive, their journey isn’t over and they’ll have more to say on the matter every year.
9. You believe in religion. All religion is mythology. It’s just stuff humans made up and told their descendants not to question. Believing something that isn’t true and refusing to consider the evidence is the definition of a blind follower. Don’t get mad at me for calling people who worship mythology sheeple. Jesus Christ is a relationship, and not a religion. Do your homework. There are plenty of reliable historical-sources both secular, and Christian sources, which verify both His existence as a real historical person, and God Himself. Don't believe me? Start doing your own homework. I’m also not saying that being an atheist makes you smart and independent either. There are plenty of pop atheists who have rejected religion just because it’s trendy. Materialism is the easy way out, and that makes them sheeple as well. Look into quantum physics, because it totally destroys materialism. The spiritual realm is more real, than this temporary-death of a place.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
1. I don't own a vehicle at all.
2. I had to look it up because I have no idea what tv shows are popular and it turns out I don't watch anything in any of the top 10 nielson ratings.That's more of a statement on how shit most tv shows are, though, because I would have loved to see some of the things I like being in the list.
3. Kmart 4 life, bruh.
4. I mostly read shitty fanfic but I have read plenty of popular things in the past.
5. The last person I spoke to was the guy who delivered my shopping three weeks ago. He asked where to put stuff and I said the ground was fine. I like to think we're best friends now.
6. No opinions were expressed during the previously mentioned encounter.
7. Hahaha... friends.
8. My philosophy on life is that everyone cares too much about stuff. If people would just stop giving a shit then there would be a lot less hardship in the world.
9. Oh look, it's someone that capitalises "his."
10. My IQ is, like, super high. Mensa said that I couldn't join them because then they would have to rework their scale and it would result in a lot of people getting kicked out, and I'm not so far up myself that I would want to hurt people by exposing too much of my greatness to them.
You know, I think the same thing every time I hear a fart joke on Family Guy. The sound made at the end is always an octave higher than when it started. This alludes the viewer to believe that existence is worthwhile and positive despite the fact that shit comes along with it. It's awesome being so smart like us.
Drive a 26 year old f-150 that worth maybe $500
I don't even know what the top 10 tv shows are probably because don't actually watch TV
Don't read much of anything that isn't raw information
I tend to get along with most everyone even though I loathe most everyone
Everyone has their own perception. Don't really care either
Don't have friends
I have a personal philosophy that is actually well defined
I do believe
10. You fap to traps and/or black cuck porn. You have been feminized, and are slowly succumbing to the social conditioning that is being foisted upon you. It's time to stop this. Reclaim your manhood and do your part to restore the white population, thereby saving Western Civilization. A white ethnostate is nothing of which to be ashamed.
Alexander Black of Half Past Dead
Nice bait mang
Dealing with stupid people is an inevitablility in life and one should aim to be the best they can at it, yet when they recognise someone intelligent have the depth to engage in meaningful conversation with them
Honestly I think the best decision I've made in life is to strike up conversation at every opportunity and make as many friends as possible, especially as an introvert
As far as music goes, it provides an amazing opportunity to connect with people, radio music provides solid conversation with 90% of people. I personally am drawn to super esoteric ((basement)) music, which has lead me to amazing opportunity and friendships around the world travelling to see gigs 10 people have turned out for
I do agree with the philosophy section though, having strong guiding principles and being seen to act by them is incredibly attractive. Personally I try and live by "the wise man consents to everything for he identifies with nothing, an opportunist with desire"
Also as intelligent as you must feel typing this up, in some kind of attempt to validate your evidently inflated ego, know that dogma is not the mark of a successful man
I drive a piece of shit 1998 gmc truck
I dont really watch tv
I listen to metal mostly but i know im not unique, what a stupid statement
I mostly read warhammer books
I hate people
Im disagreeing with you right now
I dont have friends
My philosophy is you watch too much rick and morty
I dont care for religion
Now fuck off faggot
>If you’re confused as to whether or not you’re a sheeple you can check to see if any of your favorite television shows are on the top of the Neilsen ratings
The Nielsen rating is only one way of selecting the "top 10" TV shows, and is only applicable to what's on TV right now. The IMDb top 10 rated TV shows includes:
1. Planet Earth II
3. Planet Earth
9. Cosmos (1980)
10. Blue Planet II
Jokes on you.
1. My car was 7k when I bought it used.
2.What are the top 10 shows? I might watch some of them idk.
3. Clothes are for protection from the enviromment. I choose comfort over fashion.
4. I read mostly contemporary fiction and non-fiction. Historical or technical books usually.
5. I try to get along with most people because I don't like to make waves. But deep down I couldn't care less what happens to these people.
6. I tend to not make quick opinions and take people at face value.
7. Yes. This is probably the case with everyone. We all enjoy comfort and would probably rather have someone we can relax with as a best friend than someone you have to be "on" with.
8. I'm a nihilist
9. See 8.
What do I see looking at this thread?
A flock of sheep with no real direction, being herded in circles by the powers that be.
A truly sad spectacle if you ask me. I whom on the other hand am quite the distinguished individual. Capable of thinking on my own, I bow to no one.
> Look into quantum physics, because it totally destroys materialism. The spiritual realm is more real, than this temporary-death of a place.
How does quantum physics "totally destroy" materialism? It provides a different set of rules for the material, but it doesn't have any spiritual component unless you're one of those homeopathic quacks claiming their "healing energy crystals" have "quantum auras" to help sell more stuff to sheeple.
>Look into quantum physics, because it totally destroys materialism
Bullshit, QM is a physical theory asserting that matter doesn't have properties independent of measurement. Everything in QM is material, it just abides by different laws to classical matter.
1) I own a vehicle which isn't cool (a station wagon) because it's useful to me. VW diesel sportwagen, 6 speed manual. Very good fuel economy.
2) Don't watch TV at all. Don't even have cable.
3) Couldn't give a shit about clothes, listen to nostalgia music
4) I read mainly philosophy or science.
5) I have few friends, do not suffer fools gladly
6) Happy to listen to other people's arguments, so long as their premises are based upon observable fact, and their reasoning is sound.
7) The limited number of friends I do have are intelligent.
8) I consider myself a practicing Epicurian, with some Stoic tendencies.
That do ya?
>vehicle was 7k used
> I dont watch television
>I have no fashion sense, just buy plain cheap clothes that fit. I also have no real musical preference, I really do like anything. I appreciate classical and jazz.
>I read books and try out different genres on occasion
>I like people but dont necessarily need to interact.
>I think out arguments
>I have no best friends
>life is pure luck
>am open to practicing religion, but am not religious myself.
You fine gentlemen are good by my book.
>Jesus Christ is a relationship
the manifestation of the Father. who is very well-structured. you are supposed to contend with God, and strive to understand him, and strive to follow him. we are free to comport ourselves however we want outside of his pronouncements. but you DO need to follow his instructions.
of course God is not a robot master. but he's not a fucking anarchist either.
not personally directed at you, obv. it's apparent that you're contending with God and trying to be like Christ
You might be confused as to what op meant by materialism. Our maybe I am. But to my understanding materialism typically is synonymous with greed. See: "Material Girl" by Madonna for more info.
All that preaching to hide the fact that you are selling Christianism.
QM does not support your delusions, and "do your homework" is mumbo-jumbo for "I have no evidence".
"Are you going to Scarborough fair, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme…"
1. I work enough to keep my home and eat. I have a secondhand car and use it regularly but don't feel the need to upgrade it unless it totally fucks out.
2. I watch some popular things, I'm sure. I think it's more abmorewhat you do with the information your preferred shows offer than which shows those are.
3. Okay? Some music is subjectively good and some is less so. It's nice to know people into what you're into and advertising your interests isn't a fault(depending on circumstance).
4. Reading is good. Working through some Robert Anton Wilson right now. Great stuff.
5. Besides a few old friends some-states over and my gf I spend most of my time alone. Not because other people are stupid though. It's more because I'm not so good with people. Never really know what to say to keep small talk going and the average person I meet isn't up for a conversation on character dynamics and balancing.
6. Got me on this one. My opinions can be fairly mutable given time, but I'm definitely guilty of getting defensive when my beliefs are initially challenged. It's chemical mostly, but a pattern no less.
7. Everyone is kind of stupid. I know something you don't. You know something I don't. That's just how it is.
8. Love everyone and their infinite potential, but don't accept shitty behavior or mistake love/appreciation for like/necessitation. That and trust in the idea that change is the only promise. Simple enough.
I could tell you why I feel this way but it's none of your fucking business really. Still luv u tho.
9. I believe everything is everything and that you can put it any which way and it'll still be the truth. Some call it god. Some call it karma or spirit or zen. I call it perspective and hopeful opinion. All of them are right and true to the individual that makes them so. All or copouts and bandaids to those that don't. Again, that's just how it is.
I'm responding because I appreciate seeing someone call to those that may otherwise never get the call. Wake up, friendo. The world is waiting.
If you can read this, you can do amazing things. If not, the same is true, you just won't hear it from me.
Make yourself the person you needed when you were younger. Be the reasona nd example someone else needs to start down a better path and make your world a little bit less shitty. Or not. It's your life, shithead. What do I care?
Another part of my philosophy; mix messages often. Keep em on their toes. Or fucking dont. Whatever. Bye.
>I bow to know no one
>Posts magazine ad trying to sell upscale clothing to yuppies
As OP was talking about the religious/philosophical, I assumed that the materialism they meant is the philosophical stance that our world is totally governed by the material/physical, as opposed to having a spiritual/metaphysical component that is "beyond" physics. Of course such an attitude can lead to materialism as in greed, but it doesn't have to.
Even if OP did just mean "wanting more/better stuff" when they said materialism, there's even less of a way in which QM "totally defeats" that. Unless you think that properties like "no observation without interaction" and other quantum weirdness mean you shouldn't want to buy stuff.
You think I'm reading all that faggot shit? Only true sheeple would even attempt to read this shit. kek
The real mark of intelligence is typing thousands of words to justify yourself anonymously on an internet anime forum.
As far as the top 10 television shows go, game of thrones is for fucking intellectuals ( as well as rick and morty) lol most of my friends have all read the books and convinced me to do so..
1. need an expensive vehicle to survive -40 celcius winters.
2. or maybe its the production value and not jerking your self off as an "intellectual".
Listen here faggot. I own a new truck because I wanted and needed a Toyota Tacoma. No one told me to buy it. Sure.. I could have bought 10 year old piece of shit someone else has fucked.
My city actually tells me to ride the bus and not drive.
> If you get along with everybody you either don’t have any ideas to offend their stupidity with or you’re not standing up for your intelligent ideas, and if you’re not going to stand up for what’s right then you’re stupid.
or you don't scream out your "ideas" to chickens and sheep and then proceed to argue about them.
sorry op but you are an unlikeable idiot that's too stuck in "muh intelligence".
hahahahahaha did a 13 year old just write this entire thread? Is it fucking summer already?
That seems like a lot of shit to read just for you to eventually work your way around to, "I'm better than everyone."
1. I had expensive things, but I don't anymore. They were just a salve.
2.I watch mostly random anime, older TV shows, and classic movies.
3. I listen to weird music, but it doesn't define me. I define myself style.
4.I read all day, everyday, both fiction and non fiction.
5. I used to get along with everyone because it was easy. Now I get along with who I want when they matter to me. Or when they're useful.
6. I disagree with loud idiots. The squeaky will gets the grease.
7. One of my best friends, purely by tenure, is stupid. The rest teach me things all the time.
8. Individual philosophy is useless, ultimately, unless you can influence others to not only believe in your philosophy, but act on it.
9. Edgy, but true. Religion is the strength of the weak.
the successful people aren't sheep. If you look at the life habits of rich folk, they are extremely dedicated and determined(for the most part).
The sheep are the people who spend the majority of their money on a vehicle just to look like they are higher up the social ladder than they really are.
I actually don't agree with you on 8. At tge end of the day, we can only control, and are only responsible for, our own actions. Having a coherent, well-defined set of beliefs that guide your actions and that you'll stand behind is important, i think.
What if I own a >$40K vehicle because I like going really fucking fast and a 1.8 liter Kia isn't going to do that for me? Or because I demand a certain level of comfort, build quality and handling you don't find in mass market econoboxes?
>1. You own an expensive vehicle.
Eh... relative to one's worth I would think. I may drive a $40k car.... but I'm fucking worth 6 million and I'll drive it until it's paid off.
I appreciate this post. Even though I fancy myself a non sheep I do have several sheep like tendencies. However, whatever your describing, I guess the ideal way to be a non conformist, or whatever your going for sounds exactly like an elitist hipster atheist snowflake, who is always smoking weed at parties sipping an ipa talking about filosophy before he whips out his guitar. Now I agree with a bunch of things you said despite what I just said, even though you may only have gotten them half right. To a certain degree I like to have the nice things, for example my car has tinted windows, nice but not ignorant rims, and a subsystem. The whole thing cost less that 3500. I like to wear name brand clothing but I have pretty much gotten it all from savers or good will type places. I mean money is the root of pretty much all issues, but we created money. I guess I agree with you that it's stupid to drive a 40k car and 10k watch etc, however if I had the money id probably have those things. Why not? If it makes you happy then fuck it. Yeah there are some dumb people who are rigid and suck in their ways, some of which are my friends. One of my dumbest friends is actually the smartest in terms of college degrees. I think it is ok to be cool with everyone however you're right that the snowflake culture prevents that to a certain degree. However if you're dealing with reasonable people then it doesn't matter. I disagree with my mother on most political and "moral" issues but we still love eah other unconditionally. I should read more. Atheism is more religious than most organized religion. I do however have faith, not in a deity or god, but I do have faith in a power greater than myself, because unlike you I don't believe I am my own higher power. For my answer for life, fuck that. Enjoy it, have fun, positive relationships, and try not to kill myself or others in the process
Yes. This. I am the asshole above mentioning my millions in net worth. I know for a fact that there's lots of guys driving around in much fancier cars than me... but they probably struggle to pay the bills, meanwhile I don't give a fuck. I actually just inherited a $74k Jaguar F-Pace.... I'm selling it because I don't want to drive something that expensive.
Firstly, b8 on an autistic level.
Secondly >pic related
Also shows and movies, for example They Live, which is basically what philosophy sounds like, are very popular movies. Fuck the Kardashians tho. I shouldn't have even mentioned them tho cause the only reason they are famous is their name stays in people's mouths.
Alright OP, let's do this and then you can nitpick my response. If your picture wasn't Cancer Man Spender I'd have passed this by, honestly.
>I drive a 2016 Dodge Dart, it cost about $12k after taxes. I got it because it's relatively spacious and has okay milage, and it was in my price range.
>I don't watch cable television because I don't have it. I watch some stuff on Netflix but we ditched cable cause we were paying too much for five channels we watched.
>I listen to ska and stuff like Beck, if anything, my music says I'm uncool and out of touch. Its not a matter of unique. I wear a shop uniform to work everyday and out of work I wear fitted jeans and monochrome t-shirts. It's more comfort than a statement.
I have two children under age ten. Most of the reading I do is to them as a bedtime story, and yeah, it's usually kid stuff and low-tier fiction (my daughter is into Harry Potter right now). I get audiobooks for any of my literature because I can listen while cooking or doing the lawn or other stuff. It's usually whatever catches my fancy.
>I have a tendency to come off as odd and I think I have maybe ten friends. I can converse with the people I work with but I don't go out of my way to do it.
>I have my own and will gladly explain them and debate my position. I'm pretty firm in what I believe but if you're completely unbending you'll never see other points of view to form healthy opinions.
I can carry on intelligent conversations with my friends so no, I don't think they're stupid. Are we PhD-holding physicists or engineers? No, but as a whole my friend group is well read and intelligent.
>Mine is to work hard and give my family the best life I can. My house and land are paid off, my car will be this year. It's not exactly high society ambitions but I don't need to keep up with the Joneses.
(continued in next post, just for you, OP)
Continued from >>767560562
>I was raised Catholic, I don't think I've been to church since I was fifteen, and I don't particularly follow a doctrine at all. Science tells us that much of religion is hogwash, and people have used religion for awful ends, but the vast majority of people find solace in their faith and as long as they're not using it to antagonize others, that's fine.
There you go, OP, you nihilistic bastard. I want to believe, too.