Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Anyone feel like they are getting old and not accomplishing anything?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: zyzzzzz.jpg (120 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
zyzzzzz.jpg
120 KB, 610x610
Anyone feel like they are getting old and not accomplishing anything? Sorry to blog...just don't really have anyone to talk to.

I'm turning 23 next week and I feel like I haven't done shit. At 18, I started community college with my major as computer science. After 3 years, I finally transferred to UC Irvine. I am finishing up my second year here (this place made me take more lower div requirements because my CC didn't have their equivalent) and I will need to stay one more year, so I'll be graduating Spring 2019. Other than school, I've had three jobs. First was some private restaurant in my hometown. Stayed there for 3 years until I transferred because I had to move to school. Got a job at Olive Garden. Stayed for a year and quit. 2 Months ago I got a job at cheesecake factory which has been awesome money, but obviously don't want to be here forever.

Anyways, I feel like I haven't done much all these years. The only thing I've progressed on is moving up to nicer restaurants for work, but that shit is part time and I would never want a career out of that. I feel like the days go by so fast now. A lot of my graduating class from HS seem to be worse off than me. They are stuck in some min wage job and not going to school, paying rent somewhere and prolonging their failure. The few people I know who have graduated are still at min wage jobs, which worries me for when I finish.

What do u guys think?
>>
>>767534348

tl;dr
>>
>>767534348
sounds about right, I’m a califag and this usb accurate. It’s because of the living situation right now and how fucked it is, we can’t succeed without a salary and we aren’t getting jobs they’ve pay that well. I’ve lived out of state twice before and can tell you it’s only like this here.
>>
>>767534348
dude youre 23. i wouldnt worry about that shit till youre 30. finish school, since youre almost done anyway, then get out of being a server and get into the field you want, or at least take some time off and travel, even if its still the US
>>
> A lot of my graduating class from HS seem to be worse off than me. They are stuck in some min wage job and not going to school, paying rent somewhere and prolonging their failure.

Stop complaining you faggot I'm one of the people in this situation and I'm 2 years older than you. You actually have shit going for you so stop being a little bitch and go through the motions.

Also, you will most likely not be able to find work after graduating and if you don't plan on moving out of state or at least up north, good fucking luck making it out of your parents house. But at least you're getting a degree. Fuck some Asian bitches while you're at UCI. I used to go to dorm parties at VDC. Some of the hottest Asian girls in the state are there.
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>767534348
>I'm turning 23
>>
>>767534708
I live in VDC right now HAHAHAHA. Agree, so many sexy asians here. I didn't really like asians until I got here, yellow fever is real.
>>
You're 23.
You have probably another 50 years of fuck all to do. Once you are done with school there are almost no milestones to mark the passage of time. You'll have a degree you can use to find a decent job as long as you stay open to all possibilities because you may find something you had never thought of that is barely tied to your major which is what happens to a huge portion of people.
Be flexible and stay positive, be open to relocating from your comfort zone.
Everybody likes to act like they are slaves to the system to compensate for their own failings but you can do what ever the hell you want and are willing to work towards.
Stop looking at people with no motivation and learn from people who have it. Half of them aren't even smart and a lot of them don't even have a degree in anything but they see the world as a place of opportunities, theirs to explore and forge a place for themselves in instead of some system they are trapped in.... and they are the people who make the most of their lives.
>>
>>767534925
I had a lot of Asian friends growing up and a few of them went there. I was going to community college but going to dorm parties there on the weekend, just pretending like I was a fellow anteater.

But seriously, 23 is younger than you think it is. Just like 25 is younger than I think it is. Oldfags will tell you that shit. But you're pretty much as on track as a person can be at your age. Get your degree and do your best to find a job after college.

But I mean it that finding a job like that in socal is going to be difficult. A couple of my CIS major friends had better luck finding work in the bay area.
>>
rip Zyzz
>>
>>767534408
This.

What's OP talking about? Dicks?
>>
>>767535107
>>767535115
Feels good to read this. I don't really have anyone to vent to because all of my close friends just smoke tons of weed all day and work, so their brains are pretty fried and it is hard to have a normal conversation with them.
>>
File: 1520814058347.gif (2 MB, 280x224) Image search: [Google]
1520814058347.gif
2 MB, 280x224
Quit bitching man you're 23, you're young af, you won't hit your prime till your mid 30s. I'm 26 graduating from college as an undergrad in the fall and commissioning with the Marines next year and I'm feeling prime, been plowing young college age pussy that whole time I been here too :)
>>
>>767535645
>Marines
>prime
kek, pick one.
>>
File: Tom and his Waifus.jpg (67 KB, 719x715) Image search: [Google]
Tom and his Waifus.jpg
67 KB, 719x715
>>767535645
Found the neckbeard.
>>
>>767534348
I went to war at 19, again at 23, then another time at 26 but was medevacd to Germany and my career cut short. The entire time I was in I wanted to get out be a civilian with a normal job and hated deployments. Now I sit around collecting SSDI, VA, crsc, and I'm bored out of my fucking mind and want to go back to iraq.

Everything always seems terrible while going through it but it's never as bad as you think. Your life is what you make it. You can sit around and cry or go out and do something.
>>
>>767534348
cycle of life, even when you a lot. it always feels like you're doing nothing.
>>
>>767534348

23 is young as fuck although its hard to realize that when you are 23.
The thing about nearing the end of school is that you lose the guide rails and mile markers that you relied on to define “where you are” for your wholelife. After you finish school life becomes sandbox mode and you need to define it for yourself. Dont worry anon, you will be fine.
>>
>>767534348

Bro, I am 26 and work near UC Irvine at a job I hate with these Newport Beach and Irvine suburban cucks. I feel the same but it's all in your head. All you are feeling is a social construct pressuring you to do something while you are young. Reconstruct your ideals and values and work on whatever it is you desire and get at it until you are done. You may also be becoming impatient and losing interest in what you are doing because it takes time to get what you want. I fucking hate this job but I know this is affording me the shit I want to do outside work.
>>
>>767535645
rare zyzz fuark
>>
>>767534348
Don't worry when you hit 30 and you gotta start paying bills and shit life gets great. All you do is work and consistently look at the clock after 9PM to see if it's bed time, and the only shimmering hope in your life is the weekend where you get to do chores, house work, etc. then you book a holiday and just laze around all day or feel tired after walking all day and three beers puts you out.
>>
Nah, I'm 24 and I already think I've accomplished a lot, I've made two products on my free time that now have hundreds of paying customers, I've learned an exotic language, I'm almost done with a masters degree, and last year I earned $170000 on investments (that last one was mostly luck rather than achievement but still)
>>
File: mah.jpg (9 KB, 318x235) Image search: [Google]
mah.jpg
9 KB, 318x235
>>767538570
You put yourself in place to make that $170000 so don't ever say it's luck.
>>
>>767535830
Shit, can't wait to get out but can't wait to go back.
>>
File: happiness.jpg (18 KB, 391x208) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
18 KB, 391x208
>>767534348
OP, don't worry. And this is coming from a 40-something anon who's wasted about as many years of his life as you have lived. At some point in my late 30s I woke up and began to turn things around. Long story short, today I'm making a living as a freelance writer and programmer and I am genuinely happy with my life. I even had the opportunity to correct my academic blunders of yore and although I'm not working at a university, I've at least published a few papers in my field–nothing remarkable so far, but better than nothing.

The point I'm trying to make is, don't beat yourself up. You're 23, you've got oodles of time to achieve something and make good use of your time in the future. Find something you love, and really put some effort in it, and you'll be rewarded. (You'll have to eat tons of shit on the way in menial day jobs, but from your post I can tell you're used to the daily grind.)

Go for it, OP. I'll meet you at the finish line.
>>
>>767534348
23 boy you got a long time to go. Wait till your past 40 and life kicks you in the teeth. Degrees help, certs help, expereince helps, but networking and having friends to help get your foot in gbe door matters the most. So get to know people who coupd help you someday.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.