Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Continuing this thread from last night. >Need $100k by the

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Continuing this thread from last night.

>Need $100k by the end of the month.
>AMA
>>
Nice, you must have a big exciting project coming up! Whenever I drop 100k, I'm always pretty excited
>>
>>767482668
It’s true. It’s a big art project, handled by a few really keen gallerists, and with a pretty large media footprint.
>>
Cool thread. Bump.
>>
>>767482929
Nice - so the 100k is for renting the gallery, advertising the show and all that? How much are you hoping to make off of the show?
>>
>>767483540
Actually the capital is for the production of the work. The galleries don’t need to be rented, the show is just being picked up as an exhibition they’d like to have.

Markup is 3x, and with the broad publicity that’s lined up for it will likely generate more than that overall.
>>
>>767482548
Why are you here and not trying to raise $100,000?
Related follow up question, are you tarded?
>>
>>767484163
Hah, I’m here because this is my safe space.
I tell you about the project and in doing so get a better understanding of communication missteps and criticisms.
This helps me to navigate real situations when they arise.

I am speaking with a few investors and I’m not retarded, thanks.
>>
>>767484290
>safe space
>>
>>767484161
A hundred grand to make an art project - is it made of golden jewels?
>>
>>767484577
>lol. saying /b/ is your safe space is fucking hilarious though. props OP
>>
>>767484625
Yes actually. It's kind of a broad critique of value.
In /b/ terms, think of it like shitposting, but with some of the most historically valued materials on Earth.
>>
>>767484698
Thanks bro.
Meant it funny.
>>
>>767484577
>>767484698
>>767484820
Kek
>>
>>767482548
I'll give you 100k if you promise really hard to pay me back ok
>>
>>767484796
Are you doing your own advertising? Or is that the gallery's responsibility? What's their cut if the thing sells?
>>
>>767484946
K, temp contact email is: [email protected]

>>767484975
Both. I have an Instagram account I've grown to just under 10k followers earmarked for the project. Gallery which is throwing an opening receptions has a huge audience (hundreds to thousands for their openings)

Fine art gallery picking me up afterwards has a more refined, smaller audience - but the gallerist sells work really well and has been integral in getting artists she represents into national museums.

A few national publications are watching and I've been offered a writeup in one of them and can swing it in the other one.

There are still a few marketing things I definitely want to take care of for the show though.

Gallery cut is tbd, but I can negotiate really hard because they understand that I'll be taking on investors, and they're both personal contacts of mine.
>>
>>767485385
God, this is formatted annoyingly on desktop.
On my phone is looks great though.
>>
>>767485385
Interesting. I never would have thought that there would be actual value in art or people willing to actually put up cash to have it created. Are you a full-time artist, or is this something that you are doing on the side?
>>
whats your IG handle, asking for a friend.
>>
>>767485770
Right. The best thing about art, as opposed to other markets is that if it's executed properly, there's no market cap.

One of the hardest things for an emergent artist to do is establish and audience and value. My concept sidesteps that issue by using commodity to create the art, but ultimately making the commodity of the materials deferential to that of the art.

Now is a particularly keen time for a critique of value, and art institutions are in place to protect these cultural reflections.

This is a project that I'm doing on the side, I'm in publishing (art, no less) outside of this. However, I'm willing to let it consume my focus.
>>
>>767485935
Not posting it in the thread, but you can email me if you'd like.

[email protected]
>>
>>767482548
Super cool! Bump.
>>
OP here,
Looks like it's died down a bit.
I'm gonna stick around.
>>
>>767486171
So you're essentially covering a homeless man's old gym shorts with diamonds and selling it for twice the value of the diamonds. Nice. Honestly, it sounds like a scam, but if you can pull it off, all the best to you
>>
>>767487756
I think conceptual art really frequently sounds like a scam. But if all it takes is a cultural agreement around its perception as art - and I already have two galleries and a handful of publications lined up - that's enough social proof to give me confidence.
>>
Bump
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.