Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

redpill me on bruce lee Is there anyone who has surpassed him

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 38
File: brucelee[1].jpg (86 KB, 845x900) Image search: [Google]
brucelee[1].jpg
86 KB, 845x900
redpill me on bruce lee

Is there anyone who has surpassed him or even come close?
Was he fake?
>>
>>706894018
Closest is Chuck Norris
Next is Jet Li
>>
No, but few people have really tried. Most people go into that kind of shit as a performance art. Bruce actually did it because of "deep" reasons. He actually wanted to be a perfect manifestation of fighting excellence. Not to look good or make shit loads of money, just for the satisfaction of having been it.
>>
>>706894310
>Jet Li
>Chuck Norris

na
>>
rickson gracie /thread
>>
File: IMG_1493.jpg (54 KB, 600x908) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1493.jpg
54 KB, 600x908
Nigga doing push-ups on his ducking thumbs
>>
>>706894808
>fucking
>>
>>706894808

Thumb push ups aren't actually that hard. I mean, they are hard, but plenty of people can do them. It isn't like some especially difficult thing only a few people like bruce could do.
>>
What do you mean by surpassed him? Fighting wise? Definitely. Most of the fighters in the ufc could probably bear him.
>>
>>706894018
he wasnt actually a fighter. all the fights he allegedly had are just hearsay. he did help to make martial arts tho
>>
>>706894906
I'm still impressed
>>
>>706894018
as far as being a Martial Artist, you're never going to really know. There is so much myth and legend around the guy in regards to his actual martial skill you're never going to distinguish truth from cinematic exaggeration.

What you CAN be sure of is his actual physical fitness. The man was tremedously fit, I mean just look at the man. His training regimen was fucking staggering.

The best ever martial artist? Impossible to tell. Best movie martial artist? By far, hands down.
>>
>>706894925

I'm actually a bit sorry i can't see that. Because yeah, there are some hard pipe hittin' niggers in the ufc, figuratively speaking, but it's plausible that bruce's formless fighting would be able to defeat them.
>>
File: 1310498381546.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1310498381546.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>706894715
>>
>>706894925
I dispute this claim. In his weight group I don't think "most" UFC fighters would have any particular advantage. Bruce Lee knew very well the importance of going to ground and grappling, and supposedly, trained in those very techniques.

His movie style was played up for style, and wouldn't be how he would "actually" fight.
>>
>>706895270
he lacks any real fighting experience and i highly doubt his grappling ability was any good
>>
>>706894988
Any real martial artist knows you don't ever want to fight.
>>
The real interesting thing about bruce lee was not his excellence at martial arts. It was how he approached martial arts.

He was like a martial arts engineer. He wasn't looking to master some existing form of martial arts - i mean he did that at first, but later he was attempting to create the perfect method of fighting.

He actually gave up the idea of a single fighting form in favor a formless fighting style that stuck to no set motions.

See, even if there were better martial artists now, it'd be awesome to see bruce fight them, because if bruce lost... he would work at it... until he came up with a new theory of fighting that would allow him to beat the fighters who had beat him.

And that would just be fascinating to watch.
>>
>>706895270
Have you ever seen Lee in a real fight on the ring? No. All of his fights were in the movies, so no, you cant tell if he had even a slight advantage. Professional actor =\= professional fighter
>>
>>706895390
>lacks any real fighting experience
You don't know his experience. Like someone else said, its all Hearsay. To claim that he had none isn't something you can prove, and is actually unlikely. All martial artists spar. Thats just how it is.

You're making claims based on no evidence. When the actual evidence shows he knew how to grapple, and trained in it. Claiming he had no "real fighting experience" is ludicrous. Just because he never fought in the UFC doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>706895650
Its true that actors do not equal fighters, NECESSARILY, but you cannot claim to know what "all" his fights were. The man trained in martial arts since he was a child. And if memory serves, he lived in Hong Kong for a long time. Which was a pretty rough neighborhood. He could have been in many fights as a child before he came to the US. You don't know.
>>
Bruce lee didn't do martial arts movies just because hurr durr, he knew martial arts and movies make money. His movies were all basically advertisements for the styles of fighting he was working on.

They were actually insultingly simple and didactic movies.
>>
>>706895684
>All martial artists spar
not even remotely true
>You're making claims based on no evidence
and you arent?
>When the actual evidence shows he knew how to grapple
what evidence? gene lebel (the guy who taught bruce lee some grappling) said Bruce lee didnt train it much and didnt get very good at it
>>
>>706895828
These are theoriee and suggestions. Thats why its silly to compare him to a professional fighter when you havent seen him fight outside the movie camera
>>
>>706896269
Which is actually my point. You cannot compare them because there is literally nothing to compare. And that goes both ways. You cannot claim that he would be wrecked by anyone in the UFC and you also can't claim that he would own the octagon.

If you're going to judge Bruce Lee on his martial arts you'll have to look at the extent of his training, and his physical fitness. Both of which were at an extremely high level.
>>
>>706895086
He would get taken down and pounded on the ground or choked the fuck out.
>>
Pretty much any character in Baki
>>
>>706896440

There are lots of guys bruce fought that would definitely have brutalized his ass if they got him where they wanted him. Key thing is, he didn't let that happen.
>>
>>706896627
>he didn't let that happen.
when the fuck did he ever compete against proven opponents to prove that he could prevent that from happening?
More hearsay fight records?
>>
>>706896981

Bruce lees fights aren't like biblical record or some shit. He lived in the 1960's for shits sake. There is video of him. He and his opponents talked about their experiences together.
>>
>>706897195
>there video of him
not fighting there isnt
>>
>>706895036
everything is impressive when you are a 8 ton ball of lard full of dildos
>>
>>706897195
>There is video of him.
Fighting a ranked fighter and winning?
Yeah didn't think so faggot.

>He and his opponents talked about their experiences together.
I'm not talking about gay gook sex.
>>
>>706897655
I see your point.
>>
>>706897368
Don't you have a no fear shirt to not wash and a monster xl to chug?
>>
Jet Li. Bruce was amazing, but he wasn't as good of an actor or athlete as Jet.
>>
File: IMG_1456.jpg (60 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1456.jpg
60 KB, 596x628
>>706897655
kek, sure kid
>>
File: dVPjrMS.jpg (189 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
dVPjrMS.jpg
189 KB, 1200x800
>>706894018
I loved watching kung fu movies from a young age and always figured it was mythologized tales of great feats and specimens.
In my young 20s I joined an authentic kung fu school and literally got my ass kicked by 90lb girls and 60 year old dudes. Training in martial arts is completely lost in this period of civilization with so much guaranteed safety in 1st world countries. Speed and execution only comes with tons of work on the details, training your body physically and mentally.
>I bet he was the real deal.
>He also was obsessed with being a movie star.
>>
>>706898023
Calm down, slim fast.
>>
Why do some users get the leaves next to their names while others don't? What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>706894018
Bruce Lee was on par with a trained dancer. His choreographed fights are fun to watch, but he fought scrubs plain and simple.

>Oh but he fought some gay triple black belt or something and had him running

Fucking wow. Amazing. That settles it. Best fighter ever because he defeated like 3 guys in slap fights. If Bruce Lee met even an amateur fighter today, he would get his shit tossed.
>>
>>706898046
Right because all MMA belt holders are trained in kung fu. Get the fuck outta here with that shit
>>
>>706897831
hey dumbass, if you want to prove that someone can fight. show me some kind of record of them fighting.
guess what. bruce lee doesnt have a record because he never fought in any kind of tournaments or matches.
>>
>>706898125

Because the leaves mean it's a reddit approved post.
>>
https://youtu.be/Zd5zS23a90M
>>
>>706898118
Calmer than you are
>>
>>706898046

So is Kung fu the best martial arts out there for street fighting?
>>
>>706898498
Actually he fought in underground fights in China. Insane wing tsung competitions. Back then it was hard to get government approval. Unfortunately this was before everyone had hand held video cameras recording unknown fighters in rooftop competition. So we will never see what that looked like.
>>
>>706898898
Unsanctioned competitions.
>>
You guys are soo fucking stupid. Bruce was amazing for his time. Just like the first car that rolled off the line...it was great in its day. But you can't compare a "model t" to a 1970 toyota camry. It's a car yeah...but two different animals. Bruce was good, but he would get mashed on in a ufc style fight. Times change, athletes get bigger, train harder become way more effective. It's not a dig against Bruce, I'm sure fighters today have mad respect for the guy..
>>
>>706898698
fucking kek at 1:05
"hurrr look how he just picked that guy up and threw him"
"Breuce Ree were der berst"
>>
>>706898804
you shouldnt really be getting into street fights

>>706898898
again. hearsay
>>
>>706899025
Point is that Bruce isn't as fun to watch as Jet.
>>
He is an inspiration due to his film and persued of martial arts, however, in terms of actual fighting power, he would not stand a chance in the ufc
>>
>>706899051
Not entirely. He fought in a sanctioned one that was recorded, but this was way later and they wore so much gear... https://youtu.be/IrbELbDnNH0
>>
>>706894018
As a karate instructor, I'd like to weigh in.

One thing that you learn as you spend more and more time with higher-ranking Martial Artists is that skill falls by the wayside after about 3rd Degree. What begins to matter significantly more is a combination of mentality, knowledge, and contribution. Let's break down Bruce Lee on those points.

Contribution - his participation in exciting Hollywood productions brought the Martial Arts to the forefront of western entertainment, leading to an exponential increase of interest in Western Culture. I won't say, "without him we wouldn't have karate/tkd/mma studios everywhere," as there could be thousands of others who would take his place. Still, he was the one who really brought Martial Arts into focus for America, and thanks in no small part to that, Martial Arts schools are everywhere. On top of that, to be considered for higher degrees, you must found your own school and style, which he did - Jeet Kune Do Contribution, check.

Knowledge - I haven't the foggiest idea of how much he knew in terms of Forms.

Mentality - Bruce Lee was incredibly arrogant in life early on in his Martial Arts career, but reportedly he leveled off later. His hotheadedness led to a couple of disgraceful bouts and disrespectful stunts, but eventually turned inwards and led to more and more training. If the trend had continued, he may have become the greatest fighter of all time. If the trend of his personality had continued, he may have become modest enough to never claim it.

So, he wasn't perfect by any means, but his insight later in his life is inspiring and applicable to many walks of life. I'd argue that, and his contributions to the spread of the Martial Arts, are his greatest claims to fame.
>>
File: 1472666756143.jpg (35 KB, 757x757) Image search: [Google]
1472666756143.jpg
35 KB, 757x757
>>706894018
I mean Chuck Norris admitted that if he was to get in a real fight with Bruce Lee then he would probably lose.
>>
>>706899586
He = Bruce or Chuck?
Norris was an actually champion. He would rek the shit out of Ree.
>>
>>706899586
he also said the opposite
>>
>>706899765
And he's a nutbar
>>
>>706896016
What effective ones aren't?
>>
DK Yoo is really good and he does all.the moves with flow
>>
>>706900444
Seeing his video about Obama made me sad inside
>>
File: Pinhead.png (85 KB, 224x250) Image search: [Google]
Pinhead.png
85 KB, 224x250
Inb4 Conman McTapper
>>
>>706894018
ronda Rousey can beat him up
>>
>>706895470
This.
>>
>>706894018
Are you retarded?
Bruce lee was the best of his TIME
You could ask the same about any world record breaker

Our biology causes eat new generation to be better than the last, hence why 'the master martial artists' have been surpassed sevenfold
>>
>>706894715
This

Bruce wouldn't last 2 minutes against a 16 year old blue belt.
>>
I don't think yall realize how fucking fast he was. These ufc guys are a joke. Lee would hit you at least 3 times for every swing you made
>>
File: 1402521795357.jpg (33 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1402521795357.jpg
33 KB, 625x626
>>706901599
>>
>>706901733
You can't strike at that speed when you have to worry about the takedown. Also not to mention that as you get tired the first thing to go is speed and you don't wanna gas yourself in the 1st round against another killer.
>>
I doubt he'd want anything to do with modern MMA culture. It's full of meathead racist and hooligans. They have no respect. It's just sad.
>>
Bruce Lee was legit.
He had fast hands and feet, and practiced all the dirty tactics/maneuvres such as eye gouging etc.
He had the sensitivity, co-ordination and willpower.

He was the best
>>
Be water my friends
>>
>>706901733
Lee was fast af, but you are a hype beast. He wasn't as fast as you are saying. Get off his dick.
>>
>>706901733
You know nothing about fighting please stop. Lee would get double legged and submitted.
>>
>>706898475
stupid fucker
mma trainers are usually wing chun masters
>>
>>706901925
Have you ever seen a MMA fight? 90% of fighters are very cordial and have a ton of respect for their opponents. Of course they're are going to be meat heads, there are meat heads in every sport.
>>
>>706902258
Actually for the ers he was a very proficient grappler.
>>
I've read the Tao of jeet kune do n more then physically just philosophical he was genus most hype fags and hater alike don't realize wat we lost when he died
>>
>>706902379
I am a fighter. You have a lot of disrespectful racist. People say shit like "niggers can't grapple" all the time. It's worse than boxing that way. Don King is a motherfucking racist dick but that only stands out because so few in the last 30 years have been. I mean Tyson Fury and who else that's active right now? Meanwhile MMA is just chalk full of it.
>>
>>706902388
Do you have a source on that one? Lee had zero competition experience, he was only an actor. He was only just getting into grappling before his death. Saying he was a "proficient" grappler is kind of a stretch. Plus, martial arts have evolved so much since his time. BJJ and freestyle wrestling are king.
>>
>>706902752
I said for the era. As far as proof his hapkido sparing partner was one of the best at the time and said it. He trained hard. What's more there is a grappling element to wing chun.
>>
He was fucking Bruce Lee nigger. Bruce Lee. Best ever.. Best there ever will be. Prove me wrong.. You can't because the king is dead.
>>
File: fucking chuck norris.gif (1 MB, 250x162) Image search: [Google]
fucking chuck norris.gif
1 MB, 250x162
I used to have some images of Bruce doing punches and shit underwater. The nigga can beat up water. Hes as good as, if not better than, anything you've heard about him.

But Chuck Norris is better.
>>
>>706898951

yo no one has replied to this post thus far but i must say its the best post, explains perfectly
>>
>>706902752
>not coming to the realization that drunken boxing is, has, and will forever be the most superior form of fighting
>>
>>706904408
works for bo rai cho
>>
>>706904501
And it has worked for any man that has perfected the art of boxing while shitfaced.
>>
bump
>>
>>706894018
fake

His old hong kong co-stars used to call him 3-kick Lee because he could never do more than 3 at a time.

Still kick my ass 12 ways from sunday though
>>
File: BRUCEMR.I-550x430.jpg (87 KB, 550x430) Image search: [Google]
BRUCEMR.I-550x430.jpg
87 KB, 550x430
>>706904085
He once sparred with chuck norris untill 4 AM once

Lee was a true bad ass and was a hong kong street fighter
>>
>>706898713
>autism
>>
>>706907167
They actually use to call him "the man with a 3rd leg" Not joking

I dont know if they were referring to his penis size but they said it
>>
Tony jaa is pretty real, he'd probably still get stomped by the dragon though.
>>
File: bruce_lee_tributes.jpg (387 KB, 1256x723) Image search: [Google]
bruce_lee_tributes.jpg
387 KB, 1256x723
>>
>>706907286
Yeah, tony is pretty good but bruce would rape him.
>>
>Gordon Liu
>Tony Jaa
>Jackie Chan early on
>Jet Li
>>
>>706907257
They said it because he could kick so fast you had no idea where it was coming from. As if he had a 3rd leg that you weren't seeing.
>>
>>706907257
>>706907564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVd0wLrZDJs
>>
>>706907564
Here is where I got it from

Kurata speaking about bruce lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTU1rg0pas

and Kurata on bruce lee bruce lee on japanese telvision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKdc6hDJZQ
>>
File: tumblr_msh2yg2Szk1szuv39o1_500.gif (1000 KB, 440x212) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msh2yg2Szk1szuv39o1_500.gif
1000 KB, 440x212
>>706907626
>>706907564
Heres some insight into his hong kong life, by william cheung

>“Bruce was also very, very fit,” explains Cheung. “Also he practiced Wing Chun very hard, and so always won his fights, although many times we really just outsmarted our opponents. Bruce took a lot of challenges. That’s the most amazing thing – he never backed out of any fight. In some situations I would have thought he’d be scared, but no, not him. Some of the other boys with us would run away. Bruce would be so angry with them afterwards that he would not speak to them because they did not have courage.”

>"By the end of 1956, Bruce Lee had become a serious problem for Yip Man. “Because he progressed so quickly, he became a threat to some of the seniors,” says Cheung. Yet according to custom, a kung fu student was supposed to remain humble and subservient to his seniors. To do otherwise was considered a direct combat challenge. Since Lee only respected the knowledge and fighting abilities of Yip Man and Yip’s appointed instructors, he refused to comply with the arrogant whims of his seniors. Instead, he would challenge and defeat them easily."

http://www.cheungswingchun.com/g/10410/bruce-lee-william-cheung---the-early-years.html

It was also in black belt magazine

Bruce Lee is my dad (I wish). I still learn from him like he is though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8uKKgMjYU
>>
>>706908168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb4QoUEEF6A
>>
>>706908322
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvFU1MFkLm4
>>
File: tf.png (36 KB, 133x151) Image search: [Google]
tf.png
36 KB, 133x151
>>706908500
>tfw your opponent pulls out a katana
>>
>>706896201
>Bruce Lee was an entertaining fellow who was very knowledgeable and very good at what he did. People may wonder just how good a martial artist he was. Well, as I said earlier, he was the best of his time. Also, many of his former students are doing very well today. That’s a sign that he was a good martial artist and that he was able to make his students into good martial artists.

>the best of his time

And that is comming from a Judo guy.

If he were in this time he would probably be the best too.

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martial-arts-masters/bruce-lee/judo-gene-lebell-bruce-lee-was-the-best-martial-artist-of-his-time/
>>
>>706909185
>>the best of his time

He never fought anybody serious though. That claim is completely empty.

I reckon if he was a kid being raised to fight UFC today, he'd be an incredibly good fighter. But as he actually existed? No. Most middle of the rung fighters in his weight class would dominate him today. They just didn't have the experience or fight IQ developed yet. They were still punching Wing Chung dummies for fucks sake.
>>
you guys are dumbasses. bruce was a real streetfighter back in the days in hong kong. no gloves, mouth guard. taught by a real wing chun master, ip man. bruce lived and breathe martial arts. watch his old youtube videos on how fast he is. even chuck norris says bruce would beat him. trying to compare him to ufc fighters of today is stupid as hell. why did royce gracie won all those early ufc fights? because no one fought against someone like that before. once they know, they learned how to counter him. bruce would be the same, sure he might lose to someone using jiu jitsu, but he would traing every damn day to make sure he never loses again. bruce was the consumate learner. plus not all wins in the ufc are on the ground, a lot of people get knocked out standing up too. in terms of speed and skill, bruce would be like money mayweather, except faster and stronger.
>>
File: 1 J85jI_HahBSm4U8FSvCd3A.jpg (82 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1 J85jI_HahBSm4U8FSvCd3A.jpg
82 KB, 800x533
this man would have killed bruce lee in a real fight
>>
>>706910558
and he is the only one who could have beaten him in a fight.
>>
File: pro1.png (466 KB, 772x530) Image search: [Google]
pro1.png
466 KB, 772x530
>>706910322
Aside from his hong kong street fights he did fight people but there was no UFC fighting back then so it was really just between other dojos and other martial artists. As far as I know besides fighting triads and wing chun martial artists he fought a Choy Li Fut fighter, 2 thai boxers, a kung fu guy (WJM), and Lau dai cheun (boxer I think)

And also Jhoon Rhee (father of american taekwondo, also one of the trainers of muhammad ali) said he won a boxing tournament in HK. Also confirmed by William Cheung and Wong Shun Leung

>BB: There are those who have labeled Lee a "celluloid fighter," claiming he couldn't fight for real. What is your opinion?

>RHEE: I too have heard people who think Bruce wasn't a real fighter, but he really was. When he was in high school in Hong Kong, he fought in a Golden Gloves boxing tournament and knocked out the reighning champion after only a few weeks of training. Bruc e was really a good streetfighter, and I personally have never seen anybody, pound for pound, as strong as Bruce Lee. Now, when he is no long with us, it's pretty natural that there are some people who try to discredit Bruce. This does not change the actual facts. I know Bruce was a very good fighter.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/99vs66/tkd.html

>>706910558
>>706910602
Not true the guy who taught Muhammad Ali Taekown do said Lee like Ali valued good timing. I think Lee could have beaten him

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/99vs66/tkd.html
>>
>>706894925
UFC is chalk full of rules and regulations and the fighters must obey them, and therefore diligently incorporate those rules into their reflexes. Bruce Lee did no such thing and was the raw manifestation of martial arts potential, unlike competitive fighting.
>>
>>706910804
>I think Lee could have beaten him

What the fuck? Lee weighed like 60kgs. Ali weighed 107kg. Are you smoking crack?

https://youtu.be/IrhTOPtv5H4?t=25m57s
>>
>>706910804
but here's the thing. ali has a better reach. both were extremely fast, but ali's range gives him the upper hand in a fight against lee.
>>
>>706902379
I haven't seen an MMA fighter with any real endurance. most are exhausted halfway through the second round
>also OP look into a chink called Ip Man
>>
>>706911160
>>also OP look into a chink called Ip Man
You mean a guy who bankrupted himself through opium addition? No thanks.
>>
>>706911160
So the chink who taught Bruce lee?

Are you tarded?
>>
>>706911027
Lee weighed up to 165 at one point, and you cannot pay too much attention to weight class. Skill and fitness give way more of a advantage than weight and Lee's mindset was that he could fight anyone.

""Leung, I am different now. I have had my life insured. I am ready to face any accident. My family need not worry about their future lives. I don't have any worry too. If anybody disturbs me, he should be careful. I am not afraid of death, I can kill any attacker at any time."

Weight class at the end of the day is just a meme. Even Connor McGregor doesn't believe in weight class.

>>706911120
If we are talking strictly boxing, but if there are kicks and what not Lee would have the major advantage, even though Ali learned some taekwondo, I don't think he developed his other weapons (kicks, knee, elbow) as much as Lee did
>>
>>706911330
>weight class at the end of the day is just a meme
yeah bullshit. in 99% of incounters you can bank on a 250 pound guy fucking up a 135 pound guy. fuck off
>>
Bruce Lee was many Americans first big introduction to Kung Fu or anything of its kind. Because we were so mesmerized they made up all of this (still) unconfirmed legend around him to get more people interested in his movies. I'm sure he had skill but anyone with the skill he was made out to have wouldn't care about Hollywood movies or money. Also he was murdered.
>>
>>706911330
OH I GET IT NOW. YOU'RE TROLLING. GOOD ONE BUDDY.

Anybody who unironically thinks that Lee could beat Ali is a fucking idiot. Lee would die with one punch from that guy you dumb fucking chink.
>>
>>706911330
ali's punches were faster than lee's kicks
>>
>>706896421
Bruce Lee has no tdd and would get smashed by any wrestler, but too bad bruce is like 130 pounds... belongs in atomweight
>>
>>706911612
>taken down by any wrestler
AHAHA GET A LOAD OF THIS FAGGOT
>>
File: bruce-emgn-2.jpg (335 KB, 1024x956) Image search: [Google]
bruce-emgn-2.jpg
335 KB, 1024x956
>>706911435
Is that how you live your life? If you are 135 lbs and a 250 lb guy smacks your girl friends ass are you going to think about weight class and be a good little cuck? Bowing down to the "bigger man"?

>>706911460
Your opinion. Lee dedicated himself 150% and Ali wasn't perfect he lost to a "chink"

>>706911534
A kick has more range and power as a weapon
>>
>>706911681
honestly, wrestlers and wrasslers would rape bruce lee. the guy's an actor and a gook
>>
>>706911756
doesn't matter. ali would connect a punch before lee's kick made contact. fight ended.
>>
>>706911795
>im
>fucking
>plying
>>
>>706894018

in terms of self-perfection, none

he is the best pound for pound fighter ever known

he is utilizing his body almost completely, a peak human

he has a lot of super fast twitch muscle fibers, he can easily utilize, bruce lee is the fastest, strongest man ever on his own merits

if we normies are utilizing about 30-40% of out potential body mechanically, and great athletes are at 70-80%, bruce lee is probably at 90%
>>
>>706911795
Litterally the grappler/wrestler/judo trainer who trained Ronda Rousey said Lee was the best of his time top kek retard

>>706911816
Seeing how Lee specialized in distance and interception that would be very difficult for Ali.
>>
>>706911330
>weight class
>a meme
>in COMBAT SPORTS
Have you ever fought someone significantly larger than you? Realistically you haven't because of all this nonsense, but if you're going to reply
>yea man beat his ass senseless
I'll save you the trouble and just say fuck off.
>>
>>706911447

No he wasn't, the Korean War was. Even in film, Jimmy Wang was already well known in America by '67.
>>
>>706911795
Did you know about his filmed real fight scene where the guys wanted to fuck him up for screwing this dudes bros back up in a torny? Lee was some shit but I doubt he was as strong as ppl make him out to be his style was speed hence real dmg can be done with lower force at higher speeds but I digress the ufc fighter would break him as Lee wasn't about grapple fighting he was about form fighting speed and stamina over strength and submission
>>
File: autism.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>706911943
because he's a biased gook lover, and ronda rousey sucks dick. I would knockout gook lee with my left hand
>>
File: MCGREGOR_CONOR.png (215 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
MCGREGOR_CONOR.png
215 KB, 500x325
>>706911969
>"Who cares about weight? They all, they sign and they pull. It's happened time and time again in my weight class. I don't care about weight. It makes no difference to me. Wherever it's at, give me an opponent, and a date, and that's it."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/26/11111024/conor-mcgregor-on-jumping-weight-classes-im-going-to-create-my-own

So do you just let 6'3 300 lb black guys cuck you everywhere you go?

And please tell me why the first ufc's didn't have weight class at all
>>
>>706912065

The fuck you talking about? Grappling is one of the cornerstones of Jeet Kune Do.
>>
>>706911913

there are other athletes who might get as close to bruce lee, but is using their bodies for different purposes

power lifters or strong men, olympians like phelps or bolts

still, bruce lee isn't a superhero

any top 10 contenders in UFC in the same weight class could kick his ass, just as he could, altho he would have the advantage for being the best pound for pounder

bruce lee could win against a 6'4 heavyweight in the street, using a cat mouse feinting and running strategy, but in a fair fight in a ring or cage under strict rules there's just no way he'd win
>>
File: One Inch Punch.gif (1 MB, 290x218) Image search: [Google]
One Inch Punch.gif
1 MB, 290x218
>>706912188
There is no logic with you fat ass. I guess just hate on everyone who ever backed her in the UFC (too many people to list)

>maybe money was involved

you're still a faggot though
>>
>>706912364
oh nice, gook lee broke an already broken .5cm board made of pine. lel ur a mad gook lover kys nerd
>>
>>706895470
Underrated post
>>
>>706911977
>jimmy wang

Litterally who? Lee was the first asian male in hollywood
>>
Something to consider when "comparing" Bruce to modern athletes
Modern methods of physical training are changing and evolving each day. His physical prowess was definitely something amazing even by today's standards, but not unachievable, and high level athletes can no doubt match him in agility and strength. His inventive approach to martial arts isn't to be discredited, but again, it's effectiveness is all in theory, almost always being shown off in almost experiment environments. Because we only saw him fight in movies, it's hard to say how much of his innovative skill could actually be practically applied.
>>
>>706902364
Wing Chun actively gets laughed at in the UFC. It's widely known that chunners almost always get their ass kicked.
>>
>>706912189
>has 1-1 record in "out of his weightclass"
>only went up by like 10lbs

Lee and Mcgregor both would get absolutely destroyed by heavyweights.
>>
look if you're comparing apples to oranges, of course it's no fair

bruce lee won't stand a chance against a man double his size and weight in a ring, he would have a higher chance in the streets

but if you're looking at self-perfection, there's no one close

bruce lee is the epitome of it, he's a peak human for his size
>>
>>706912538
That was 6 inches thick retard and it was on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1riSAUlpxY

>gook lover

why are you even on 4chan?
>>
File: jimmywangyu.jpg (81 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
jimmywangyu.jpg
81 KB, 770x433
>>706912551

Jimmy Wang Fucking Yu, you uncultured twit.
>>
>>706912806
gook lee would get buttraped at will by a midget nigger on the streets. and that .5cm board was cute though.. lelel xD
>>
>>706895270
Ooo he "supposedly" could grapple. What are his fucking feats? Not movie bullshit and street legends about taking down 10 guys at a time
>>
>>706912806
6 inches thick? If that's your idea of 6 inches I feel very fucking sorry for your girl friend.
>>
File: fuckingkek.gif (573 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
fuckingkek.gif
573 KB, 389x259
>>706912751
>you can train as hard as bruce fucking lee but if another man comes and he is bigger he will still win

Why the fuck even train? This doesn't make any sense. I dont agree with this at all
>>
>>706912952
let me break it down to you autistic weaboo:
160 pound guy will get ktfo by 250 pound nigger
>>
>>706912898
It was 6 inches thick legit watch from :12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1riSAUlpxY

look at that kick. It has the dragon in it
>>
>>706895470
No, after a couple of years the brain damage would put an end to that
>>
>>706912952
sport, self-improvement, fun

pick whatever
>>
>>706907349
Wheres the one by cowboy bebop which was then implemented again fbf to naruto?
>>
>>706913026
Sorry sven, David and Niggerioth
>>
>>706913026

only if that bigger man is somewhat trained as well
and in a fair fight

in the street anything goes
>>
>>706913057
It's a quarter inch piece of plastaboard you stupid fuck. Now we know why you're so defensive, you thought you had a normal sized cock this whole time. But you just worked out it's .5 inches.
>>
>>706913284
Go home faggot, niggers tounge your anus
>>
Bruce lee is just a showman.

A movie maker

Nothing more.
>>
File: black.jpg (8 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
black.jpg
8 KB, 255x198
>>706913284
>>706913087
>>706913026
Give your women up to this man because

>muh weight class

enjoy getting cucked faggots
>>
>>706912952
>Why the fuck even train?

- Health (improved quality of life)
- Discipline
- Look and feel better
- More attractive to the opposite sex
- More energy (not lazy), higher chance of financial/academic success.

As Bruce once said, 'No train, no life.'
>>
>>706913560
i fucked your mom
>>
>>706912952

>why the fuck would you train

bruce wayne would never become batman if he does not train

batman = bruce lee

except he's fucking 6'5, has tonnes of cash and gadgetry, and has deus ex machina
>>
>>706913519

What does that make you?

Think about that for a second, then go kill yourself.
>>
bruce lee had a small cock, and I would knock him out with one punch and fuck his girl
/thread
>>
File: pro.png (663 KB, 618x682) Image search: [Google]
pro.png
663 KB, 618x682
>>706913599
All of that is useless if a big fucking nigger smacks your girlfriends ass. You train to take down anyone.

If you look in his last movie Lee take down the big black man with grappling and cunning. Lee was totally anti-cuck
>>
>>706913798
>All of that is useless if a big fucking nigger smacks your girlfriends ass. You train to take down anyone.

Who cares, I would avoid confrontation at all costs unless absolutely necessary - saving my own life or that of a loved one.

Better to walk away. Swallow the ego and walk away.

Why would you even be with a girl who couldn't stand up for herself. We're in the 21st century.
>>
>>706913798
>movie

MOVIE YOU DUMBASS
>>
File: 83485679.jpg (71 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
83485679.jpg
71 KB, 700x525
>>706914036
If you do that your girlfriend just loses respect for you. I am not trying to be too harsh on the blacks but I don't think big black guy are the limit when it comes to the average man.

>>706914269
Yeah its a fucking statement he was trying to make retard. This is not a fucking Brad Pitt movie, these movie have meaning. He constantly put his philosophy in his movies. Bruce was an artist who expressed himself and made statements through his movies. From the Yellow jump suit to using grappling to take down a big man it all means something unlike the trash you see today
>>
File: uw0t.png (113 KB, 201x309) Image search: [Google]
uw0t.png
113 KB, 201x309
>>706913779
say that to my face m8
>>
>>706914517

>If you do that your girlfriend just loses respect for you

If she's worth a damn, she's going to lose a whole lot more respect for you if you haul off and kick some stranger's teeth in for simply smacking her ass.

Most of us aren't fucking cavemen.
>>
>>706914661
I don't know man the way the west is heading it seems people are getting more and more cucked.

I think women want a strong guy to be able to protect them. I always heard that women get turned on by fights too
>>
File: bl.jpg (48 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
48 KB, 850x400
>>706914517

or perhaps this will articulate the idea to you better
>>
>>706914814

Stop believing people's machismo bullshit, and you'll finally get laid.
>>
>>706914814
Yeah, women like a guy that can stand up and protect them.
But most don't want a psycho that beats seven colors of crap out of some guy for some minor shit.
>>
>>706914826
No limits

>>706914905
>>706914974
I don't want to over do it I just want to be alpha and not get cucked
>>
>>706914974
and someone slapping my girlfriends ass is not minor that is stuff people can get put to death for. I see lot of ferocious cat callers and I wonder what if one of those girl was my woman?
>>
>>706915133
Then get a woman who isn't going to cuck you. Unless they're getting raped, they're willingly cucking your dumb ass and you're letting them get away with it.
>>
>>706915258
So instead of saying "hey, that's my girlfriend's ass, faggot" and letting them decide whether to turn it into a fight, you'd just start swinging?
You may be a psycho....
>>
Bruce Lee rare footage of him in competition. I think this is more of a demonstration as the guy he's fighting is padded up. If you know how Bruce Lee moves, you'll know which fighter is whish (Again, Bruce is the one without the chest padding)
He was a legit fighter. people didn't carry mobile phones and movie cameras around back then so there's little to no footage.

He came up with UFC basically before UFC. Before Bruce Lee fighters kept to one style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrbELbDnNH0
>>
>>706915347
I bet you some of the weight class people would let their girlfriend get raped by 3 6'4 300 lb guys and not do anything. I remember a story on here like 4 years ago about that. A guy was confronted by a pack of guys and they dragged his girlfriend away and he was too scared
>>
>>706913674
We're talking about Bruce. Stick to the subject.
>>
>>706915586
That's rape, not cucking.
Big difference.
>>
>>706915488
By this time your girlfriend was just sexually assaulted. Some get turned on by that. I am not saying beat him to death but you have to fight him

I fear if I don't my girlfriend will start fantasizing about him.

Im gonna be truthful my dad got cucked and so now Bruce Lee is my new dad and fuck my mom she is a whore (not even trolling)
>>
>>706915749
I think your issues may need more than a b/ thread about Bruce Lee and a friendly troll to sort out.
Good luck anon.
>>
>>706895050
This pretty much sums it up.

We do know that he was incredibly fast and fit. I do believe if he was born in this generation and dedicated himself to MMA he could have been a champion in his weight class, but martial arts have come a long, long way since then. Bruce Lee helped revive the martial arts, which had stagnated a lot.

I'm sure someone like Anderson Silva or a few heavyweights could beat him.

We'll never know how good he really was, but he was definitely great.

As for people saying he was the "best fighter ever", I wouldn't believe that at all - not only would a few current MMA fighters most likely beat him, but throughout history there has been many thousands of warriors who trained as religiously as him, and many even more so. For many of them it was literally life or death, not only in why they trained but how they trained. Only a tiny percentage of these are even known, but there are many known fighters whose skills have become the stuff of legend who simply lived before they could be captured on camera.
>>
>>706915964
I am not OP I didn't make the thread but I am honestly truthful about >>706915749

Because of lee I am taking up martial art and dancing because he was a true alpha
>>
>>706912952
This
>>
bump bruce is motivational but ultimately a fake faggot
>>
>>706914814
>>706914974
As a bouncer, I have seen/been involved in more fights than I can count and can honestly say
> I have never seen a girl leave her boyfriend because he lost a fight. If the guy she likes loses she'll make excuses for him
> Only the trashiest skanks like watching guys fight. Most will cry, scream, or try breaking it up (which sometimes leads to them grabbing their boyfriend at a crucial time and getting his ass kicked).
> The only time it will impress a normal girl is when she already likes him or he's saving someone from legit danger.
> Girls DO like a guy who CAN fight, but very few will like a guy who WANTS to fight (although they might make excuses for him if they already like him)
>>
>>706894018
Has there existed someone who could beat him in a fight ever? Possibly, but we will never get to test that now, and these things are pretty much like rock-paper-scissors at a high level.

Has anyone ever had a better mentality for training and improving oneself? Not that you or I have encountered.
>>
>>706901664
And here we have someone viciously defending their favorite martial art as the best.

Please go get in a few fights.
>>
>>706916831
> Yes. There are people who were raised to fight and kill and whose lives depended on it
> Yes, their lives depended on it
>>
>>706916965
I think you misinterpreted my post.
>>
>>706916965
And if he were in those times he would still rise above, not to mention you have people still living like that. In the west

>"We don't in out world and haven't since the days of the greeks, combine philosophy and sport and art'

watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_uLFKLUWQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCl5pKLmz7A
>>
>>706916816
I am saying that not to fight people to impress your girl but fight if she is in trouble. If she is in trouble and you dont fight she looses respect for you
>>
>>706917456
Yeah that's definitely true. I was just quoting your post because it's related and I figured some 16 year old would be bound to join in the conversation talking about how women love watching men fight etc (they anyways do), and thought I might as well make my point before that happens.
>>
https://storyspeaker.wordpress.com/2010/08/21/a-parting-thought-in-my-own-process-by-bruce-lee/

".....Basically, I have always been a martial artist by choice, and an actor by profession. But, above all, I am hoping to actualize myself to be an artist of life along the way. By martial art, I mean like any art, it is an unrestricted athletic expression of an individual soul. Oh yes, martial art also means daily hermitlike physical training to upgrade or maintain one’s quality. However, martial art is also about unfolding the bare human soul, that is what interests me.

Yes, I have grown quite a bit since the day when I first became a martial artist and am still growing along the process. To live is to express oneself freely in creation. Creation I must say is not a fixed something, a solidification.

So I hope my fellow martial artists would open up and be transparently real, and I wish them well in their own process of finding their cause."
>>
>>706916816
Tell us of the last time you encountered some drama.
>>
>>706911447
He was murdered, Lee always had beef and with the Triads and and had to leave Hong Kong because of them. Right after he died Betty Ting Pei married a triad named charles heung
>>
>>706918724
the last day of bruce lee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oCsrRMD-ow
>>
File: splits_(5).jpg (82 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
splits_(5).jpg
82 KB, 800x528
Did Van Damme come close to Bruce Lee's greatness when he was younger?
>>
>>706919283
Van Damme is good and pretty aesthetic too
>>
>>706913026
not true. Small weight fuck up larger all the time. That's why you go for the legs. Once there on the ground you pound their face over and over till they are blood stones
>>
>>706910602
His record wasn't as good as George Foreman's
>>
File: stevenn.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
stevenn.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
>>706894018
steven seagal will fuck him up
>>
>>706918528
It's very rare for a weekend pass without any. Mostly small scuffles, but the occasional brawl. It's the same shit every week though, I don't have any interesting stories I can be fucked writing right now. Maybe I'll make a greentext thread tomorrow.
>>
File: finn-allen-shot01.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
finn-allen-shot01.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>706919283
Van Damme was great on his styles, of course, but Bruce Lee was not a style master, was the creator of a system and a philosophy.
It´s like comparing a profesional scientist with Newton. The first can be good or even great at his fields, but the second has pushed himself way beyond that.
>>
>>706894018
>>
File: 1470196837507.jpg (33 KB, 480x488) Image search: [Google]
1470196837507.jpg
33 KB, 480x488
>>706920953
Aikido is for sport, philosophy, attitude, etc, is not something to fight nor defend yourself.
And Seagal was a poor example even in the spiritual part. He was always talking shit about Van Damme, but refused to fight him over and over again.
>>
>>706894808
Ducking iPhone? Fuck that. You need a phone that lets you swear like an adult
>>
>>706921428
Segall i getting cucked by the mob and didn't stand up to them like bruce did

>Seagal claimed one told him, "If you would have said the wrong thing, they would have killed you."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/steven-seagal-muscled-by-the-mob/

Lee died fighting them but not this cuck
>>
>>706921428
>>706922464

can't believe you guys actually take this shit seriously
>>
nobody knows the real answer so you can all stfu. One thing is undeniable Bruce was a legend of his time / thread.
>>
>>706897655
chek'd kek'd and rek'd
>>
>>706922764
Many actors had to deal with the mob, jackie chan ect,

stephen segal got cucked by them and is not a real man like Lee was. I mean segal actually wore a brown kimono to court against the mob, what a weaboo

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/13/nyregion/a-mafia-case-and-a-scene-straight-out-of-hollywood.html?_r=0
>>
>>706922990
>he has told investigators that after he stopped working with his longtime producer he was ordered into a car in Brooklyn last year and shuttled to a landmark restaurant where he was threatened by mobsters

>He was so intimidated, he recounted, that he agreed to turn over $700,000,

Mean while bruce lee is beating them up fighting them with chain whips in hong kong getting kicked out of china for it and pulling knives on directors Lo Wei https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oCsrRMD-ow

and this dude is a cuck
>>
>>706923306
Bruce lee will pull a knife on a director ALPHA, Stephen segal pays them 700k CUCK

fucking CUCK
>>
>>706923414
That's not the definition
>>
>>706923511
Bruce pulled a knife on the mobsters and died 10 day later where as segal is going to court and crying giving up his man hood.

Die like a man segal
>>
>>706894715
Fucking BJJ dick riding faggots make an appearance.
>>
lel
>>
>>706913026
The bigger you are = less stability. No one told you about physics in school ?
>>
>>706923913
So have the alt right robots
>>
>>706894018
there was at least one, a man who invented the 50 vs 1 ; 1 at a time sparring, where he would defeat ALL comers; he also killed a bull with one punch to the head
>>
>>706894018
Did he actually even fight anyone?
>>
>>706894018
Even with the UFC Bruce would have been eager to learn and adapt. Him and Royce would have been top tier- striking grappler and a grappling striker. Would have loved to see them and their students fight. Remember Bruce and Gracie did have that in common, empirical real life effectiveness
>>
>>706894018

Bruce Lee would lose to most modern MMA fighters. People get better over time. He also didn't fight, he was a practioneer and actor.
>>
>>706926950
>>706926655
He has a official boxing record and underground record and was even a champion dancer too
>>
>>706927279
post proof

also I think tyson would punch his head clean off
>>
>>706927374
Well ofc. Tyson is a heavyweight, and Bruce Lee was probably a welterweight
>>
>>706927374
1958 Hong Kong Inter-School Amateur Boxing Championship, Underground record against Pu Chung from Buck Sing CLF school, in a HK rooftop Supervised by wong shun leung, Wong Jack Man, Lau Dai Cheun and 2 unknown thai boxers and lots of triads and wing chun elders in yip man dojo

also cha cha champion of hong kong
>>
File: 20100209-103crop.jpg (573 KB, 2017x1310) Image search: [Google]
20100209-103crop.jpg
573 KB, 2017x1310
>>706927656
Also he even had his own gang called tigers of junction street.

Complete alpha gang leader bruce lee
>>
>>706927656
the underground Lau dai cheun fight was actually arranged by a police officer also head of the jing wu school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJFHD-8icg
>>
>>706927829
That's kind of a strike against him. He was a badass, no doubt. With furious skill. But he was always preaching all this spiritual bullshit and acting zen infront of the camera, but he was a total asshole, even bullied his wife and everyone close to him.

Great fighter, but that's it. Also, why did he always extend his thumb and pinky finger on camera? You'd fucking break your fingers if you actually threw a punch like that.
>>
>>706928113
That was when he was 14-20 years old, when he was 24-27 he was more matured and opened many dojos. He was hot tempered and born in the year and hour of the dragon. He never bullied anyone else though including his wife and he was also a nice guy

check out this channel to see how he really was he was a beautiful person just a alpha male dragon https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvPSoAQa9kOguE-8RBibGNw
>>
>>706910558
all ali could do was box, he couldnt grapple etc. He would lose in a "real" fight
>>
>>706928113
heres some good videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwcE-teaKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7G9o_D8sJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awqtD_FOxE0
>>
rip little dragon
>>
>>706912189
coner would get his cry baby ass kicked hard.
>>
>>706894310
Jet li has admitted to never being in a real fight .phony if you ask me
>>
File: 1e928029857f.png (304 KB, 707x427) Image search: [Google]
1e928029857f.png
304 KB, 707x427
>“Bruce was also very, very fit,” explains Cheung. “Also he practiced Wing Chun very hard, and so always won his fights, although many times we really just outsmarted our opponents. Bruce took a lot of challenges. That’s the most amazing thing – he never backed out of any fight. In some situations I would have thought he’d be scared, but no, not him. Some of the other boys with us would run away. Bruce would be so angry with them afterwards that he would not speak to them because they did not have courage.”

>By the end of 1956, Bruce Lee had become a serious problem for Yip Man. “Because he progressed so quickly, he became a threat to some of the seniors,” says Cheung. Yet according to custom, a kung fu student was supposed to remain humble and subservient to his seniors. To do otherwise was considered a direct combat challenge. Since Lee only respected the knowledge and fighting abilities of Yip Man and Yip’s appointed instructors, he refused to comply with the arrogant whims of his seniors. Instead, he would challenge and defeat them easily.

http://www.cheungswingchun.com/g/10410/bruce-lee-william-cheung---the-early-years.html

Rekt
>>
>>706929692
This is such a touching video please watch it guys he predicted his death!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjPzQ44_aIk
>>
This is a good video too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ashKHF-Ag

we don't have any more alphas in this world anymore
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 38

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.