Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Bad service and possible theft. I ordered 2 items from the $5

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 39
File: pizza.png (267 KB, 470x293) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pizza.png
267 KB, 470x293
Bad service and possible theft.

I ordered 2 items from the $5 menu item at 8:44pm. I was quoted a wait time of 30 minutes. After waiting an hour for the food, the delivery driver came with the food. The total was roughly $14, and I gave him a $20. He asked if I wanted change. Of course I wanted change.

He said he didn't have it. This was ridiculous, and I told him I wasn't giving him a $6 tip after being more than an hour late. He said he didn't have change again. He said he could possibly go to the store and get change for me. I gave him the food back and took my money back. At this point he pulled out a stack of money from his pocket and said that he did have change.Basically he tried to steal $6 from me. I will be contacting the Yum! Brands

The manager was smug and unhelpful, hinting that she had power over the situation and emails would do nothing for the situation. So I'm filling this out, and then leaving reviews with yelp and other sites about this particular location.

11018 Old Saint Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32257
(904) 260-6688
>>
cool fucking story

>kill yourself
>>
>>692715730
Am I over reacting?
>>
So? What the fuck are you posting about it here for? Also, it's not over an hour late if they quoted you 30m and it took an hour, it was 30m late. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>692716131
The change tip swaggle?
>>
>>692716221
You're a cheap piece of shit. It's not the driver's fault if it's late more often than not. It was probably in his car for 5 minutes before it got to you. Don't shoot the messenger. he was probably sick of pricks like you. I honestly don't blame him.
I reiterate, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>692715865
No, you're not.

I wouldn't order from them again either.
That tip con was over the line.
>>
>>692716746
Yeah, shitty service is one thing, but for dude to try to rip him off is another.
>>
>>692716738
As a former delivery driver, I agree. The only reason pizzas are late is if theres a backlog of orders. OP is an asshole for not giving a tip since dumbass Americans only make tips for wages
>>
>>692715358

I use to do deliveries and that is just a complete dick move

He was a nigger wasn't he?
>>
>>692716738
So how can you defend the driver magically coming up with change when OP told him to keep the order?
Entitlement?
>>
>>692715358
get the same shit in uk, except tipping isnt a thing here they just want free money.

i just stand there with a blank face no change no money for you.

they always try the "il bring change back etc" never fall for that shit obvious con to make money.
>>
>>692715358
>>692717410

Actually wait a second, how much change did you ask for?

If you wanted all of it, as in you weren't going to tip AT ALL, then you are the piece of shit here. If you want the food fast then get off your lazy ass and go get it. 90% of the time its not their fault its last
>>
NYPA

go cry elsewhere
>>
>>692717354
I've noticed that the best tippers have worked in the business before. I'm one of them. We know, there's an opportunity for making decent money on the right shifts, but if people don't tip, we don't eat.
>>
>>692715358

Welcome to the real world.

Expect this and learn to counter it, good sir.
>>
Not your personal army.

Also. You can take this to small claims court instead of getting random people to harass the pizza shop.
>>
Oh hey I'm also from north Florida. Yulee lol
>>
>>692715358
Honestly it may not be his fault.. Slow cook time he got lost etc. what aint cool is he tried to keep your change. So fuk em
>>
>>692717729
I would have tipped 3 on 14 even at plus one hour, but no change at all?
>>
Working in food service is one of the most thankless, depressing jobs you can have. They bend over and offer their asshole to dickheads like you every day. Don't buy from them again if you don't like the service. That's your only right as a customer.
>>
>>692715358
If it's that much of a big deal to you then just leave a bad review on yelp, you stupid idiot.
>>
>>692715358
I live off San Jose near Baymeadows rd OP. This shithole did the same thing to me. Driver was a nignog. Manager was a douche.
>>
File: 1400177727938.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400177727938.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>692717354
Look at this fag.
Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>692718233
its not the shitty service its the scamming money
>>
>>692717472
Like I said in the post you quoted, the guy was probably sick of assholes like OP that blame everything on the driver. No, he shouldn't have done that, and I've never done anything like that personally, but sometimes you just get sick of people's bullshit.
If you don't have the money to tip the driver/waiter/waitress, you shouldn't be ordering out, period. Especially a driver. Don't waste my time, my gas and mechanic bills aren't free.
>>
>>692715358
you are a faggot for getting delivery for two 5$ items.
>>
>>692718319
call this bro

Pizza Hut (800) 948-8488
>>
>>692718219

Then he's a nigger for pulling that move on you

Call the corporation number and tell them what happened, they will definitely get in trouble after that. 9/10 they take your word automatically
>>
File: 1467258357409s.jpg (8 KB, 247x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467258357409s.jpg
8 KB, 247x250
>>692718448
>>
>>692715865
Hell no. Thieves are the scum of the earth. Fuck them square in the ass with your big hairy cream-cannon.
>>
File: 1440087716771.jpg (56 KB, 500x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440087716771.jpg
56 KB, 500x333
>>692715358
Just pick up the pizza in the goddamn store next time, you insufferable faggot!
>>
>>692718606
hey delivery cuck, i was going to tip but not 6 on 14
>>
Your fault for expecting change. Get your money right beforehand so you don't rely on other people.
>>
Now THAT'S what I call TERRIBLE SERVICE
>>
>>692715358

>be OP
>pizza is 1 second late
>have anal fit
>hear about those anonymous hackers on 4chan
>beg the hacker known as /b/ to help me
>get laughed at
>start crying

grow up and get some balls you little bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 800x600
>>
>>692718448
What's so funny m8?
>>
File: 1333073698135.jpg (103 KB, 500x667) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1333073698135.jpg
103 KB, 500x667
>>692719073
>>
Didn't read thread. Reality is, your complaint isn't worth shit to a business. The bigger the business, the less your issue matters to them. They have a batch of sauce that has been contaminated. That will matter. 20%+ bad service, they will change things, fire people, etc. Bottom line; profits over people.
>>
>>692718239
>Just leave a review
It's the right choice to get that guy fired. Trying to con someone is just wrong.
>>
>>692719344
Fuck yes I want cookie pizza
>>
>>692718606
>sometimes you just get sick of people's bullshit
Like delivery driver who make more than minimum wage and try to rip you off for tips?

Go cry somewhere else dude. You took the job, you knew it was gonna be wear and tear on it.

6 bucks tip on a 14 dollar bill (43%) for driving to my place? Yeah.. fuck no. That ain't happening.
>>
>>692715358

>people always check out yelp before they order food.
>>
>>692715865
No I'd climb right through the chain of command and make multiple yelp reviews saying the same thing from multiple accounts. Spread it out though, make a few bad reviews over the course of a month.. all in one day seems fishy. If you carefully word your letter or complaint about liking the product but the service was awful and you felt like you are being slighted and managment wasnt helpful etc maybe they'll send you some coupons for free meals as well. I would definitely make a lot of noise about that. Or order again and secretly film it and try to make it viral. people will rage seing a delivery driver lie about not having change to get a more tip and then magically having change when you try to give back the pizza. delivery kid deserves to get fired
>>
>>692718910
Then tell them that. "Just give me back 3" or whatever. Don't make them think they're getting nothing or any grievances you have will instantly be disregarded. Just because I'm not a nignog and won't tell people I don't have any change doesn't mean other people won't try to con you. Just don't order from there again if you're so butthurt.
If you lived in NY and you ordered from my store, I'd be pissing in your food, faggot.
>>
File: 1467487971269.png (326 KB, 819x496) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467487971269.png
326 KB, 819x496
>>692718137
Exactly. If you want to make bank at any job, it should be at a job that actually provides a good service, not a job that makes fat amercan cucks even fatter.
>>
>>692719941
You'd be surprised how many people over 35 use yelp
>>
>>692719975
Better to have one meal of piss than live as a nignog fast food delivery driver. Nothing personal kid, enjoy your tip
>>
>>692716738
>>692717354
>>692718606
>>692718912 you are retarded. its literally their job to have cash for tip on hand

and you other dudes are also retarded. he never said he wasnt going to tip, just not a $6 tip on a $14 meal. Do you even math bro? OP wasnt going to leave a 46% tip on a pizza that came 2x later than the time they projected. It doesnt matter if its not delivery drivers fault the company needs to give accurate time estimations. OP can't pay less for pizza if pizzas late, but he can tip less. (10% instead of 20%). If OP says to the driver hey man, you guys said youd be here 30 minutes ago, the driver should go back and bust the ass of the guy answering phones and say to give better time estimates. Being off by that much is annoying
>>
>>692719767
Get off your lazy ass and pick it up yourself.
>>
ITT: a bunch of pissed off wagecuck delivery drivers
>>
>>692719975
looks like you're the one that's butthurt. do you have PTSD from deliveries? why would anyone say "just give me back 3 then" if the nigger just said he had NO CHANGE TO GIVE? go back to your Bernie rally
>>
>>692715865
Not overreacting. He was probably late because of a backlog and that wasn't his fault, but the part where he tried to screw you out of your change doesn't sit well with me.

I always tip well on principal (20% in restaurants $6 for delivery people), but fuck anyone who ever pulls the "lol no change sry" trick.
>>
I'll leave a review!
>>
>>692720732
but then all the democrats would be out of a job
>>
>>692720976
Samefag here. 1 more thought. If you were intending to keep all your change then you're a shitler.
>>
>>692715358
the 4chan i used to know would have done one of two things in this thread. either viciously attack the pizza company or call the pizza company and try to get info about OP. 4chan has changed...
>>
>>692718606
no one likes you
>>
>>692717729
American niggers and tipping... Biggest fucking scam in the fucking world, Ill leave a bad review.
>>
>>692720882
>ptsd from deliveries


this thread is awesome
>>
>>692717354
Don't like your job? Quit.
>>
>>692720732
How about you not offering that service then?

There are places that don't deliver or have set times. There's also places that add a delivery charge.
I've got no problems when business provides what it offers.


So take your pathetic, entitled, whiny ass and go get another job if you *think* you deserve tipped for DOING YOUR FUCKING JOB and you're not happy when reality hits you.
>>
>>692721693
>former delivery driver

I think he did, dipshit
>>
File: 1453234636628.jpg (101 KB, 800x607) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453234636628.jpg
101 KB, 800x607
>>692717729
I don't see why people get so mad at non tippers, I don't tip because It seems like a waste of money to me. It's an easy job and that is why they get paid minimum wage.
>>
File: done.png (49 KB, 729x436) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
done.png
49 KB, 729x436
>>692721094
OP there was only one other review on their page and that person gave them 5 stars or something. I gave them 1 star now they avg 2.5. If you give them 1 star they will be 1 star restaruant !!
>>
>>692722361
or he got fired for trying to scam people out of tips by saying he didn't have change
>>
>>692722361
he was probably fired for trying to scam people out of their change lol
>>
>>692722593
i live near this pizza hut, it's on the end of a strip mall. if quads in this thread i'll drive up there tomorrow and shit all over their bathroom floor and post pics
>>
>>692722593
hmmm, i posted one too but it's not showing
>>
>>692722593
awesome job anon
>>
>order food

>it comes eventually

>pay for it

>give a tip

I don't know how you managed to fuck this up so badly
>>
>>692722361
He was fired for scamming people
>>
>>692722967
rolling for shits
>>
>>692721687
YEah, i lolled hard as fuck on this one aswell, ITT truth about delivery faggots, and said faggots being butthurt.
>>
>>692722593
lol, the "WHAT DID X DO ? He remembered he had x in his pouch!" is becoming a meme.
>>
File: 1464215851720.jpg (44 KB, 360x461) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1464215851720.jpg
44 KB, 360x461
>>692715358
In my state all jobs that rely on tips for income still have to legally pay minimum wage. This is the same for a lot of states.

I was scammed like 2 years ago by a few delivery people. I didn't see that you could write a tip on the receipt and I normally just gave them my change.

Turns out the fuckers were writing in tips in excess of 5 dollars. Turns out doing so is a felony here due to fraudulent activity involving ones money and personal information and I personally took time out of my life to ruin three lives of the assholes. Spent a month going to court just to fuck them over.
>>
>>692715358
Misleading thumbnail. I hope they defiled your pizza OP
>>
>>692723091
verify your account
>>
>>692723680
fuck yeah
>>
>>692723165
>>692722655
>>692722629
Why do you all think I was scamming? All I said was that I sympathise with the delivery driver because it's a shit job. And FYI I quit because its shit work and shit pay.
>>
>>692715358
Ignore everyone that says you're a fucking dick.
If the pizza was late that would have been cool.
Just no explanation on why he was late even if it was BS. The part that really made me realize he was late because of his own fault was him trying to scam you.
>>
>>692723828
they are down to 2 stars
>>
>>692724124
maybe if you treated people right they would tip you decently. and also when pokemon go comes out it won't be a very shit job anymore because you'll get paid to explore the neighborhood and catch pokemon while delivering pizzas
>>
File: 1453871914467.jpg (57 KB, 640x365) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453871914467.jpg
57 KB, 640x365
>>692724363
It's now a job for lower tier human beings and should not be paid more then minimum wage. Also I never tip them because It's a job that is meant to be for teenagers trying to get into the work force not for failed adults.
>>
>>692722432

Except they aren't getting minimum wage

If you weren't a spoiled little homo you would know that
>>
>>692725093
wage cuck detected
>>
>>692725093
Oh boohoo It's a job that was made for teenagers not for failed adults.
>>
File: 1462663478176.gif (1 MB, 800x533) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462663478176.gif
1 MB, 800x533
>>692725093
You are litterally a retard.

>The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips. If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any pay period, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate.


For a better reference:
https://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
>>
>>692725235
>>692725367
>>692725494

>same fagging this hard
>>
File: KekFuckingLeafM8.png (5 KB, 392x163) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KekFuckingLeafM8.png
5 KB, 392x163
>>692725817
Kek
>>
File: BTFO.png (60 KB, 640x702) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BTFO.png
60 KB, 640x702
>>692725817
>getting BTFO this hard
>>
>>692718137
>may not be his fault
>he got lost
>>
>>692715358
nypa fag
sage goes in all fields
>>
>>692725985
lost his moral compass
>>
>>692724820
Not going to give out secrets but those adults may make a little more money than you think.
>>
>>692715358
A wise man said "forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza"

You refuse payment at the door citing the wait time and they give you the pizza. If they don't that's two strikes against them. You never call the store about it you go to corporate. Corporate doesn't give a shit about anything but the bottom line and late pizzas and refusing delivery creates bad publicity.
>>
File: faggot.gif (386 KB, 420x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
faggot.gif
386 KB, 420x240
>>692715358
>>
>>692717729
>Food is 30 minutes late
>Expects a $6 tip

Get the fuck out of here with your third world ideals. I'm not going to wipe my ass with my hands either you fucking savage.
>>
>>692725944
>>692725968

>what is Photoshop

Nice try faggot
>>
pizza hut sucks. go to papa johns.
>>
>>692718660
+1
>>
>>692726582
>posts 10 seconds apart
>with images
>with different font/size in images

i pray that you are trolling because this level of stupidity would make me lose faith in humanity
>>
File: KekOk.png (5 KB, 399x182) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KekOk.png
5 KB, 399x182
>>692726582
Guess I'm pretty quick for photo shop huh? Leaf m8 you're just making yourself look more retarded now.
>>
OP and the driver are both pieces of shit.
99 times out of 100, it's not the driver's fault when your order is late, it's either a kitchen problem or the phone operator gave a shitty time estimate. You're taking that shit out on the wrong person and damaging his ability to make a living in doing so, as delivery drivers live almost exclusively on their tips.
And the tip swindle is supremely shitty and unprofessional to pull, even on an asshole customer.
In short, the best possible result of this event would have been a murder/suicide to rid the world of both of you fuckwits.
>>
>>692726582
>accusing 2 random people on an anonymous internet board of being the same person in order to make your argument about pizza delivery drivers hold more water

lel
>>
>>692727027
>You're taking that shit out on the wrong person
No, you are refusing to pay the company, the company is taking that shit out on the wrong person. Stop taking it in the ass from your capitalist overlords.

>delivery drivers live almost exclusively on their tips

What does it feel like to live in a 3rd world country?
>>
File: unphotoshopped.jpg (62 KB, 736x298) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
unphotoshopped.jpg
62 KB, 736x298
>>692726929
>>692726582

I have a reverse photoshop program, turns out he did photoshop it, this is the original
>>
File: 1467039896568.webm (672 KB, 500x624) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467039896568.webm
672 KB, 500x624
>>692726884
>>692726929
>>692727082

>being this mad you got caught same fagging
>being a complete homo
>being under 18
>trying this hard to cover up your obvious same fagging
>>
>>692725494
And the second your boss has to increase your cash wages due to being short on tips, you get fired.
>>
>>692727027
the only murder/suicide should be the driver and whoever made the pizza. it's not the customer's fault he waited over an hour on something he was led to believe he'd get in less than half that time. this Bernie mindset of "oh you poor oppressed individual, let me give you some of my white cis wealth as compensation for you existing" needs to fucking die now
>>
>>692727027
ignores op was going to tip 3 on 14
>>
fault lies with the inside worker who told you it was gonna be 30 min when they had too many deliveries
driver likely had nothing to do with it being late, he wants it to get there as fast as possible too
and so does the owner of the store
the only person who has zero personal stake in whether you get your food on time is the inside worker who gets paid the same either way

as for the telling you he had no change bit, i'm not gonna try to excuse that, that's bullshit
>>
>>692727321
Reverse Photoshop
I literally do not have a my sides that does this one justice.
>>
File: 1461555763737.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461555763737.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>>692727340
>Still working a minimum wage job
>Still doesn't get any respect
>Still mad on 4chan

toppest of keks
>>
>>692727321
You lie anon
>>
>>692727369
Which lets you sue them for wrongful dismissal, unless you were actually a shitty employee and did things they could have fired you for.
>>
>>692727340
i don't know who the other 2 guys are but >>692727082
isn't either of them, i'm just a bystander that called out a defensive less-than-minimum wage faggot lel. i really wish IDs were still a thing...
>>
just paid $40 for a fucking large here in canada. Still better than cooking.
>>
>>692727369
Sorry, but not in the US. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen. We are sue happy over here to keep people in check.
>>
do you usually leave tip?

i would understand their behavior if you are that guy that never leave tip even though its a 15 min drive from their restaurant

but i'm not in the us and i dont know what the yum brands are
>>
>>692727766
Where the fuck do you live? Every place in the GTA in best province has $12 XL walk in deals and delivery is $20 [spoiler]plus tip[/spoiler]
>>
>>692717354
Here's how I see the whole "your service was shitty cause there was so many orders". I usually tip 20% in restaurants and maybe 4 or 5 bucks on delivery. If you have so many orders that my level of service goes down, then my tip goes down proportionately. In the end though, because you have 2-3x as many customers as you should be serving, you will get 2-3x as many tips. Which means if each person tips a half or a third as much as they usually do, you'll end up pulling in the same amount that night, so no loss.

Alternatively you could bitch to your manager to staff properly so the customers don't have a reason to get pissed in the first place.
>>
>>692727657
>>692727789
It's called right to work. You can be fired for any reason or no reason in most states.
>>
>>692728031
yum is basically like a parent company that owns multiple restaurant chains in america. i know they own pizza hut, kfc and taco bell. not sure how many others
>>
File: Krusty_Krab_Pizza.jpg (37 KB, 635x477) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Krusty_Krab_Pizza.jpg
37 KB, 635x477
>>692715358
>2016
>not getting Krusty Krab pizza
>Mfw no prank calls
>>
>>692728277
HAHAHAHAHA! Holy shit america really is a third world country.
>>
File: illuminati.png (26 KB, 392x163) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
illuminati.png
26 KB, 392x163
>>692727789
>>692727766
>>692727688
>>692727657
>>692727629
>>692727544
>>692727533
>>692727448
>>692727402
>>692727399
>>692727369
>>692727340
WE ARE ALL THE SAME PERSON YOU IDIOTS! WE ALL ONE SINGLE CONSCIOUSNESS, THE WHOLE UNIVERSE IS JUST SLOWLY VIBRATING MATTER AND YOUR INDIVDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS IS JUST THE UNIVERSE EXPERIENCING ITSELF. IMAGINE THE GREATER CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE UNIVERSE, EXPERIENCING LIFE SIMULTANEOUSLY FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A GRASSHOPPER, WHILE BEING A MUSLIM EXTREMIST SUICIDE BOMBER AND ALSO BEING BARACK OBAMA IN THE SAME INSTANT.

WE ARE ALL ONE
>>
>>692727293
You're not taking it out on the company by refusing to tip. They're still getting their $14,
And yeah, it sucks, but that's the reality.
>>
Am I the only guy in this thread that thinks tipping is unnecessary In regards to food service? It's fucking food service.
>>
>>692728476
The tip is for service. The service was bad. No tip. Let the driver take it out on the slow assed kitchen then.
>>
>>692727657
>>692727789
No attorney would take that kind of case. Most places have a 60/90 day probationary period for this reason, gives them time to realize how much of a fucktard you are to let you go because you can't even make 5 dollars on an average of two/three deliveries an hour.
>>
>>692728510

When I shove my cock into your moms throat, I leave her a huge tip if you catch my language
>>
>>692728510
America is fucked up and drivers make like $1 an hour and their whole tip.

I'm not saying its a good system or anyone should be guilted into tipping, thats just how it is.
>>
>>692728445
a third-world country is a country that wasn't allied with either the first world (America and its allies) or the second world (the Soviets and their allies). holy shit i realize it's summer but are kids these days really this retarded?
>>
>>692723807
KYS pedofag
>>
>>692728705
Shit posting, got it. Do you have anything relevant to say or are you done being a 12 year old?
>>
File: 1466291805478.jpg (55 KB, 720x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466291805478.jpg
55 KB, 720x720
>>692728510

>>692727544 reporting in, used to work in the food service. Tipping should be completely optional and minimum wage should be adjusted accordingly.

Pay drivers/waiters/waitresses $7.25, let them keep 60-75% of the tips they make and the owners/managers can take the other 25-40%.
>>
>>692728697
>90 day probation
Holy shit, in the civilized world probation is maxed at 30 days.

Also what makes you think this situation was within the probationary period?
>>
>>692728814
divers don't make 1 an hour + tips
it's usually about 3-5 + tips + gas compensation
>>
>>692715358

NOT YOUR PERSONAL ARMY
but if you want to blow me that's ok

Go to the pizza place. Stick a .45 up the left nostril of the nigger employee. Explain things. Then shoot the nigger's head off. Clean off. Just a blood cloud. Kill the nigger. No more nigger. A triumph for the white race.

You think Jesus was a nigger? Jesus was a white man. With a good credit rating.
>>
>>692728967
kek
>>
>>692728705

you should probably try to keep that huge tip attached next time

if you catch my language
>>
>>692729076
Shit posting child.
>>
>>692728967
when i tip i do it to help the kid delivering the food out, not to line some fat fuck's pockets. if i knew that a portion of that would be going to his manager i would stop tipping altogether and feel no remorse
>>
>>692722432
they are not paid the minimum wage you dumbass they get paid 4 or 5 bucks an hour tops because they get to keep the tips but even then they have to pay for their own gas and they have to fix their cars when they break many times you end up making 30 bucks for a 8 hours day but you dont know that because youre a fat lazy faggot
>>
>>692728823
>words and phrases never ever ever change in meaning

Second world hasn't been used to describe anything since the 70's and first world even longer. Third world is used to describe undeveloped or underdeveloped nations.

America is an underdeveloped nation that has worse workers rights than many of the islamic shit holes it regularly makes fun of.
>>
File: 1466050012849.jpg (14 KB, 455x447) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466050012849.jpg
14 KB, 455x447
>>692729076
Maximum edge levels detected
>>
>>692729071
and as pointed out earlier, if that total ends up being less than minimum wage, the employer is supposed to make up the difference
but if you do that you will likely get on they're bad side pretty quickly and get let go
they won't say that's the reason they let you go, they can make up whatever they want. They can just say they don't have as many hours to go around atm
>>
>>692729076
+1 would like to see this in the news tomorrow
>>
>>692729285
Job is meant for teenagers so I don't really care, I will never tip for delivered pizza.
>>
>>692715358
You should have said, "Here's a tip - never eat Mexican food then stand near an open flame" then laughed like a jackass
>>
>>692729336
ITT: Bernie fags bitching about not making enough money so other people should give them free money while they're on the clock
>>
>>692729071
>ITS NOT $1 YOU FUCKING IDIOT IT'S 3 - 5

$5 dollars is a pittance and that was the point I was making. You support businesses that employ slave labor and then guilt you into paying their way.
>>
>>692729446
cool story nigger
>>
File: YnmvF9a.jpg (103 KB, 680x506) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
YnmvF9a.jpg
103 KB, 680x506
>>692729282
If they actually got paid minimum wage instead of ~$2 (That pretty much gets taken away after taxes) then it wouldn't be about helping out an underpaid service worker.

I do see where you're coming from, though. I wouldn't want tips going to the higher ups unless the tips didn't make or break the employee.
>>
File: 1467464588503.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467464588503.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>692729578
you're ridiculous
>>
>>692729419
>Terrible reality for delivery drivers
>Better give them my money instead of holding the employer accountable
>>
>>692729583
Not a story m8, It's a statement. In the words of most black people "I ain't finna gib no tip."
>>
>>692729012
Every unskilled labor job I know of has a 90 day to weed out the fucktards.
If it doesn't require a degree/certification most places assume you can hide your stupidity for 20 shifts behind the concept that you're just new and don't know better. Where as skilled jobs it's obvious and quick that you're just a dipshit.
>>
>>692729692
Yup, just keep passing that money up to your masters.
>>
>>692729071
Nuh huh.

Last time I ordered a pizza for delivery I had to go in and pick it up AND tip the driver (who was in a booth drinking a pepsi) ON MY WAY IN AND OUT of the store.

Then they made me take food to a house in the next city and DIDN'T PAY FOR MY GAS!

I think they raped my daughter too while I was gone. Not really sure about that 'cuz she doesn't talk anymore.
>>
>>692723680
what state

but most delivery driver arent legally working they are like contractors to the restaurant because its their own cars and everything so they get paid a shitty wage below minimum
>>
>>692715358
Here's some pizza for ya op
http://1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0
>>
>>692729806

I didn't call you a liar, I said your system is backwards and works against the same people that love tipping all the time.
>>
I'm going to use KY as an example because I know the laws for KY
1. Driver gets $2.13/hr wage
2. Driver gets tips, but must declare tips and get taxed to shit on them.
3. KY is a "Right-To-Work" state, meaning that an employer can fire you at any time for any reason that isn't discriminatory. So the first time they have to pay you the full minimum wage because you didn't make enough in tips, you get fired.

That's why tipping is necessary. Because the laws are bullshit. People do what they have to do to make a living, so they take shit jobs like this because there aren't better ones out there anymore. Without these people working their shit jobs, you'd have to go get your own fucking pizza.
>>
>>692717797
didnt request a personal army?
>>
>>692715358
One item is 30 mins, since you ordered two it should be an hour.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image_7.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>692719344
Wew lad
>>
>>692719344
i would eat that
>>
>>692730120
I live in California and I never tip them, but to be fair I wouldn't tip them if i lived in any other state either.
>>
>>692729282
Tipping allows the employer to pay the employee less, so by tipping, you are putting it in the fat fucks pocket by paying his employees for him.

This is why tipping is ridiculous
>>
>be me
>playing WoW trying to get that mythic raid down
>get h0ngry
>call up dominos and order 3 pizzas
>"ok sir it'll be there in 30 minutes"
>tyvm.jpeg
>1 hour and 40 minutes later i call the dominos to check on my order
>they say they forgot about the order until a few minutes ago but the driver was already on the road
>fuckthisshit
>tell my brother to answer the door and pay for the pizzas when the guy gets here
>don't fucking tip a dime
>i leave to work on my master plan
>pizza driver gets there 5 minutes later, i slip out the side door and loop around to his car
>brother answers the door and distracts him by checking the contents of the boxes, asking if he had trouble finding the place etc.
>driver left his car unlocked
>i open the door and dust his upholstery with liquid ass fart spray
>smells like shitty ass hole
>sneaky ninja back inside and watch from the window as the driver gets in his car
>looks like he's about to puke

cont?
>>
>>692729446
in the us it seem they are even paid as low as 2 bucks an hour ( im in canada )

>job meant for teenagers
since when do fucking teenagers all have cars and shit you fucking mongoloid

>i dont really care
good for you i hope you enjoy all the spit, cum and snots you are eating everytime because yes, they keep track
>>
>>692729285
If tips don't pay up to minimum wage, employer pays the difference.
So they are guaranteed minimum wage even with zero tips.
>>
>>692730120
>That's why tipping is necessary.
That's why labor law reform is necessary you fucking peasant. Why are you so insistent that big business get a free pass at the consumers expense?
>>
>>692730579
Of course labor law reform is necessary. That doesn't mean the driver should get fucked in the meantime.
>>
This notion that drivers don't make decent money is just false. The drivers make more than the shift managers. They make more than anyone in the store except the owner. Yeah there is a law in place that says the employer is supposed to make up the difference if they make less than minimum wage after tips but that never fucking happens.

on a side not, Germany just won
>>
File: 1467441645630.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467441645630.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
>>692715358
Most of the fags here are complaining but I will thank you because I've seen the place a few times and have been interested in stopping to eat but now I've dodged a bullet
>>
>>692730532
>since when do fucking teenagers all have cars and shit you fucking mongoloid

Not all but the ones that are getting out of high school m8, I had one during my senior year. Now go back to your ice box ya frost nigger.

>good for you i hope you enjoy all the spit, cum and snots you are eating every time because yes, they keep track

I don't get pizza all that much, probably like 3 times a year and usually from different places.

>the butt hurt is real.
>>
>>692730570
Not true. At least on the northeast coast, Pizza Hut drivers are paid $4.25 while on the road until they are cashed out, even if they are still in the store. And if you don't make good tips, tough shit. The employer does not pay the balance, at the very least in my experience both as a driver and shift manager formerly at a Pizza Hut.
>>
>>692730760
The driver is getting fucked by the company they work for. When you tip you are getting fucked by the company they work for.

It is not legally or morally the responsibility of the consumer to change that.

If you want to help that driver, stop fucking tipping. Tell the manager you wont tip, tell corporate you wont tip. Tell you senators and your congressman you wont tip. Tell them that the service that drivers provide is essential to the take out business model and they deserve a living wage.

When you tip you tell everyone that the system is working just fine and guess what. That driver is still living a shitty life pay check to pay check.
>>
>>692730570
not the delivery drivers who drive their own cars mate, but anyhow im in canada and thats how it works here, but i would be surprised if it was any different in the US

did you ever have a job anon? when i worked as a delivery boy, even if what you're saying may be the law in canada, too my boss would've laughed and tell me to fuck off and not come to work the next day, but i didn't really care because it was a good cover up for me selling cocaine at the time.
>>
>>692730521
no, we get it
>>
>>692730120
"at will" employment. Nothing to do with being a right to work state.
>>
>>692731252
Legally they have to though.
If all employee demanded it, tipping would stop and minimum wage would be standard.

Instead you generally make more than minimum but cry that you can't eat because of no tips.
>>
>>692731252
thank you
>>
>>692731358
The manager won't give a fuck. They still get their money and they'll just fire the guy if he doesn't make his tips.
So I vote for congressmen and senators who support a living wage while tipping the drivers in the meantime.
It's also not costing the customer money to tip. If there were no tips and the drivers got paid full hourly wages, delivery costs would triple, so you end up paying the same anyway.
>>
>>692731252
> breaking us labor laws
You have to pay out to reach minimum wage, most don't mention the days they don't reach that because they know they'll be canned soon after.
>>
>>692732084
>most don't mention the days they don't reach that because
because those days don't happen?
have you ever worked as a driver?
have you ever ended up with less than minimum after tips?
>>
>>692731373
Then when you leave the job, you contact the tax department and whatever group overlooks employment rights, and sue them for everything unpaid for the last 7 years.
>>
>>692732007
>The manager won't give a fuck
You tell everyone and you keep telling them until they do give a fuck. You can also stop patronizing businesses that that double charge consumers to avoid paying their employees.

"Tipping in the meantime" Is telling everyone up the chain that wage slavery is perfectly fine because you are willing to pick up the slack.
>>
i work delivering on a bike and make 8/hr plus tips, except credit card tips get taxed to fuck. but its good, easy money and if you dont get tipped, suck it the fuck up and go take more deliveries faggot
>>
>>692732231
yes i have
>>
>>692732389
was your store in the middle of nowhere or something? did you not have orders?
>>
Deliveryfag here. I almost never care if someone doesn't tip because more often then not the majority of people do tip, but I'm also paid a dollar under minimum wage an hour. Most of the time I can still clear $15/hr for the whole week. If I made $2 an hour and people constantly didn't tip, then I'd probably just find a different job.
>>
>>692732487
had about 4 orders per hour, it was indeed a shitty place

but fuck i was quick, and the good clients that i treated right always gave me good tips

sadly they would not order more than once every few days (grocery store)
>>
>>692732231
Have several friends that are delivery drivers for local pizza places.
Happens quite frequently for them.
That's why it's not the primary job for any of them.
>>
>>692732322
That only works if everyone thinks the same way and does it at the same time. They won't. Even if they did, how many delivery drivers go homeless and hungry before the message gets across? Live in the real world like an adult. Push for change through the law, because corporations will never change except by force of the law.
>>
>>692732487
>>692732677
these explains it all seriously lmao
>>
>>692715358
904 fag here. That's fucking hilarious.

Is your name Evan?
>>
>>692728948

You sound mad as fuck I fucked your mom, with my cock

How mad are you?
>>
>>692732813
>Live in the real world like an adult
By ignoring the problem and throwing money in the wrong direction? This is why the U.S. is falling apart, everyone talks tough to each other but become completely spineless when it comes to making real change.

"Oh I really feel for these servers and delivery men but I can't help them because I need my fast food, here's a dollar don't spend it all in one place my immigrant friend"

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1466563173079.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466563173079.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
>>692715358
I say we all call this place and find out the faggots OP real name and have fun trolling him instead of the pizza joint.
>>
>>692732802
Well I delivered for about 4 years at two different pizza places and never once walked out with less than minimum. Always well above.
>>
>>692732677
Most drivers get paid the federal minimum for tipped employees.
>>
>>692733188
on it because trump dubs
>>
>>692733128
>immigrant
ok if hes immigrant dont tip

>delivery drivers are the problem in the us
what about the fucking illegal mexicans working for 2$ an hour in factories by the thousand allowing poor companies to rise up and make big money illegally with fucking fraud fuck you you should not be allowed to give your opinion you fucking retard
>>
>>692733188
This
>>
File: nppbNtf.gif (137 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nppbNtf.gif
137 KB, 250x250
>>692716738
Nig detected
>>
>>692733188
Mods.
>>
>>692733196
If they didn't deliver to the nicer neighborhoods and weren't all scary as shit to ride with I'd agree with you.
>>
>>692733039
You're clearly a child.
>>
>>692733437
>delivery drivers are the problem in the us
Where the fuck did you pick that up? The problem is U.S. labor laws.
>>
>>692733188
stop same fagging you same fag
>>
>>692733188
I called no answer
>>
>>692733128
Nothing of substance in that post and failed to respond to any of the points made, Corporations only act fairly when forced by law, so push for changes in the law while not screwing the drivers in the meantime. Boycotting (which is effectively what you're arguing for) doesn't work against large chains, especially when they still get their money from the order itself.
>>
File: 1466710314359.png (921 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466710314359.png
921 KB, 720x1080
>>692733188
>personal army reporting in
>>
File: 1466651643199.png (57 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466651643199.png
57 KB, 800x600
>>692733188
>>
File: Qyburn-S5.png (366 KB, 530x654) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Qyburn-S5.png
366 KB, 530x654
The only thing worse than delivering pizzas is the shitty customers you have to deal with. Go fuck yourself OP
>>
>>692716738
As a delivery driver, assholes like that guy give us a bad name. If there was a backlog, he should have apologized and explained the situation, not acted like it was the customer's fault. The lack of respect for the customer is where he lost his tip. Trying to steal from a customer is even worse. Any delivery driver will ALWAYS have enough change for just about anything except a $50 or $100 bill on a relatively small order. And, if you just tell the business you're going to pay with a large bill, they'll make sure the driver has enough change. That driver should be fired, and if they find out that he does that to a lot of customers, he should be arrested.

Yeah, I get paid on tips. But, even with a few people not tipping, I still average to about ~$10-15 per hour, which is as much as my managers make. Quit whining, drive faster, and be nice to people.

That said, if the delivery driver is nice, delivers food on time (of course, backlogs are an exception), and delivers the food warm, he deserves a fucking tip. $4 is the minimum if you aren't a cheap fucktard.
>>
File: 1467059445617.png (89 KB, 329x408) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467059445617.png
89 KB, 329x408
>>
>>692716738
>tipping someone after they try ro scam you
>k
>>
>>692733871
>Nothing of substance in that post
Nothing that you agree with you mean.

Corporations only act for their benefit. When people who say delivery drivers don't make enough, decide to stop tipping and start boycotting, the corporations that are under paying them will make a change.

Tipping is making sure that change never takes place. You are ensuring that driver never gets a living wage except from handouts from people that feel sorry for them.
>>
>>692734505
if you're a regular that doesn't tip, just know that I spit in your food when I'm in the car
>>
>>692733818

yeah it's after midnight in Florida, the place is most likely closed unless it's in the city
>>
>>692734505
>Nothing that you agree with you mean
No, nothing of substance. no logical point or counterpoint.

And boycotting doesn't fucking work against large chains. they have too large of a customer base. Simple economics.
Hence pushing for laws to force them to change rather than boycotting.
>>
>>692734238
This
Im sure OP would have tipped something before the scam.
>>
>be me
>read the beginning of this thread
>decide to get pizza hut for dinner because of it
>order carry out online
>pizza hut is a 5 min drive from my house
>says 20 minute wait
>get there exactly 20 minutes later
>chunky 4 foot tall ugly as sin female is working the counter
>pay my bill with my debit card
>I'm not tipping you for walking 10 feet to hand me my food fatass
>bitch gets an attitude as soon as she realizes she gets no tip
>tell her thank you when she hands my my pizzas
>she turns her back to me and doesn't even acknowledge she was thanked
>fuck pizza hut
>>
>>692734788
That right there is one of the many reasons why you get paid minimum wage m8.
>>
Yeah I always just give people their change. I don't just assume that they have the presence of mind to tell me how much they want back. I just give him all the change and let him turn right around and give me some if it back. It's stupid but you just have to let them do it because they way bent out of shape if you try to save time by asking them how much they want back. People are children.
>>
>>692715358
getting paid 5$/hr I dont give a shit about your change or your pizza, you were probably difficult as hell on the phone anyways. I feel no pity for you good day sir.
>>
>>692735182
If she expected a tip for working the counter then she's fucking retarded.

>"HOW CAN I DONATE TO BERNIE-SAN WITHOUT A TIP YOU CIS-SHIT"
>>
>>692735204
also because I'm in college so my hours are awkward. After tips I make 12-14 dollars/hour
>>
>>692735182
You're not supposed to tip carryout anyway.
>>
>>692734871
>no logical point or counterpoint.

If you take the time for introspection, you will realize that your viewpoint is the non-sequitur. You want to help delivery people and the way you do it ensures that they will never be helped.

You say that boycotting doesn't work when it does work and very well. What you mean when you say boycotting wont work on a large chain is that you can't get enough people to work together and because of that you shouldn't try.

I can't blame you for that though, it's the american way.
>>
>>692735182
are you sure you weren't just imagining it because you have asperger's?
>>
>>692734788
I don't give my business to companies that expect me to pay their employees.
>>
>>692735611
you never eat out?
>>
File: 9ui203820832.jpg (27 KB, 625x415) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9ui203820832.jpg
27 KB, 625x415
>>692735611
Good we don't want it if you're not tipping
>>
>>692715358
I just called and pleged my support of their workers
>>
>>692734303
Where are the normal people?
>>
>>692735844
Wrong, you may not want it but the company you work for does.
>>
>>692735746
We occasionally eat out and we stick to places that proudly advertise that they pay proper wages so tipping isn't accepted.

>>692735844
Redirect your anger to your employer who refuses to pay you, you coward.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 565x318) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 565x318
> Order pizzas for me and homie roughly 5 years ago
> "30 minutes or free"
> Fucker comes 37 minutes late
> "That'll be 19.99"
> Bullfuckingshit
> Little cocksucker claims he's on time and says "I need the money or I'm leaving" in snotty tone
> Tell him if he doesn't give me the pizza free, I'll report him
> Scumbag teen rolls eyes while I call the store
> Boss calls scumbag teen after I explain everything while he's on my porch
> Has to give me free pizza
> Accept it, tell him I hope he crashes on his way back
> Mfw I have to order pizza from another shop now
>>
>>692735431
>You're not supposed to tip carryout anyway.

Had she been even remotely pleasant I would have tipped a couple bucks just because I felt sorry for how ugly she was.

>>692735604
Fuck you, you don't have to be a douche just because you cant afford $10 worth of pizza.
>>
>>692717845
Definitely, I worked in a coffee shop when I first came to America. Thought tipping was an idiotic system, still do. But, truth is that you'd have a hard time getting by if you didn't have tips coming in. That's the system, respect it, and respect the people who give you good service.
>>
>>692715358
Was the driver a nigger?
>>692715730
That nigger driver your fam?
Kys
>>
>>692735511
How does pushing for changing the labor law to ensure that they get paid somehow ensure that they won't. That's some serious mental gymnastics you're doing.
And in a country of over 300,000,000 people, the number of people required to make even the slightest dent in a major national chain is greater than the population of most states. Call it laziness or giving up, I'll call it fucking reality.
>>
>>692736038
sure i'll just change the world and convince every Pizza Hut everywhere to pay their drivers ~$13 dollars/hour (while managers make 8.50) by myself

go fuck yourself asshole
>>
>>692736207
I just highly doubt that your story is true. Or if it I'm thinking the girl was upset about something different. I promise you she wasn't expecting a carry out tip. For her to expect that there would need to be some precedent upon which she based that expectation and carry out tips are fucking rare
>>
>>692736604
*if it is
>>
>>692736093
You tip. Which to the driver means there is no problem.

To the manager it means there is no problem. To corporate it means there is no problem. To your local government there is no problem. To your state government there is no problem. To the federal government there is no problem.

If this issue of labor reform ever got enough steam to be noticed even at a state level, they would simply point out that people love to tip and so the problem has already solved itself.

By tipping you are telling everyone that drivers don't need to be paid a living wage because you will make up the difference.


>I call it reality

A reality you choose every day and refuse to do anything about while telling everyone how its okay because it's what we got.
>>
>>692736190
they stopped that beacuase it was unsafe and unfair
>>
>>692720732
Thats the little ceasar model and its been eating into alot of delivery places profit. Also consider that with the uberesque delivery model being implemented in big cities, being a pizza delivery person is going to pay less and less for what will end being better service.

In the end the consumer will win, and whinny delivery people are going to be pushed to be better. Then the drones will come and then every delivery service is fucked.
>>
>>692715358
>ordering Pizza Hut
You're already dead, just kill yourself now.
>>
>>692736549
If you feel you are being paid unfairly then you need to speak with your employer and government representatives. Handouts from people who think you are pathetic are not the answer and only contribute to the system that binds you.
>>
>>692736016
Had an order for a football team that came to about $300 and got stiffed. Manager told them not to order from us again
>>
>>692736437
>fucking reality.
Fucking reality is that corporation has lobbied your Congressman to keep the labor laws the way they are.

Accept it. Ain't no one coming in and gonna change that system.

And you're right - boycotts don't work either.
>>
>>692722593
>lazy faggot
>highschool dropout, no college
>full time rent a cop, 13.50 an hour
Thanks obama
>>
>>692736793
>drones
good people shouldnt be subject to be a delivery driver anyways
>>
>>692737021
The manager is not the owner. The manager doesn't want to deal with them but the owner absolutely does because the tip wasn't going to him.
>>
>>692736684
I admire your idealism, despite your inability to understand math, political systems, or basic economic principles (like the fact that extremely large customer bases make boycotts worthless, which is why walmart is still in business despite literally millions of people refusing to shop there).
>>
>>692727369
Move away from your backwater state and this shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>692737021
Manager = someone who manages employees not the company.

The views of you and your manager do not reflect the views of the company you work for.
>>
>>692736604
Would you like to see my receipt? Or maybe the 2 pizzas? I've still got them.

She literally stood there and stared at the receipt as I filled it out and the very moment I wrote the total in she got an attitude, it was like flipping a switch.

The city I live in has a fuck ton of entitled people I guess, I have no reason to make this shit up.
>>
>>692737291
this is why jerry gets ipad
>>
>>692737291
What you are promoting is defeatist. You are admitting the system is bad but that you are willing to do exactly nothing to fix it but still contribute to the problem.

I wouldn't comment on anyone's understanding of basic economic principles because you think tipping is somehow going to fix the tipping issue.
>>
>>692715358
>Quoted
/Thread
>>
Niggers whining to be paid more, is it gonna stop them from robbing the local liquor store? No, cuz it's in a niggers blood to steal and rip people off. Poor wages just give them false justification to do what they do. Say wages do get bumped up drastically, then what's their excuses for stealing shit gonna be? Oh wait cuz of inflation, never mind either way my point is niggers still gonna keep on stealing shit and blame the white man for it.
>>
>>692737291
Boycotting works. Not being able to get enough people to boycott is another issue entirely.
>>
/b/ is more for that pizza driver, not for you.
>>
order fake pizzas to other houses to make up the $6 they wouldve stole from you
>>
File: 1467013710310.png (534 KB, 1156x999) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467013710310.png
534 KB, 1156x999
>>692737816
>>
>>692737607
Never said tipping would fix it. Tipping is a stop gap while we fight for reforms of labor laws, like the $15/hr minimum wage.
Acknowledging facts while pushing for change in a way that is more likely to work is defeatist? Okay then, I'm a defeatist.
>>
>>692737829
Name one time that it has worked against a major national corporation to create a significant change.
>>
>>692737816
You seem to be really educated on the topic on genetics! Please tell me more...
>NayGurs
>>
>>692715358
I have a rule, i will never order delivery if i can not afford to tip 5 dollars min. I have had a few friends that delivered as a job, They basically take the job for the tips. Even in resturants you should tip...

Don't get me wrong if its complete shit service then so be it....

Also tip, these people remember the people that don't.
>>
>>692738292
This is the issue with your thought process, please refer here
>>692737816
>>
>>692729336
Union iron worker. My job is so secure I can literally stand there and refuse to do it and still can't be fired. Union for life
>>
>>692738495
name one time they got enough people to do it?
>>
>>692738292
>$15/hr minimum wage.
I wish. It's ~$7, not $15.
>>
>>692738677
No. Just No. Tipping is not a right. Its a privilege that someone earns for good service. When I get good service I tip, if I don't, then I tip much less or nothing.
>>
>>692738798
Because it can't realistically be done effectively with customer bases numbering in the hundreds of millions.
>>692739032
Talking about the proposed change, not current law.
>>
>>692739100
>No. Just No. Tipping is not a right. Its a privilege that someone earns for good service. When I get good service I tip, if I don't, then I tip much less or nothing.

Hence why you have probably eattin a few Penis fingered pizzas in your life
>>
If you object to the tipping system then you shouldn't order delivery. If you're going to boycott it, boycott it. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>692738292
>Tipping is a stop gap
Tipping is the signal to everyone who can make a change that no change is needed.
>>
>>692738495
What are unions and how did they form?
>>
>>692739731
Then why is one of the most talked about political issues right now a minimum wage increase to $15/hr? You can push for change without boycotting.
>>
>>692739364
Unlikely, unless people are being a dicks to random people (given how entitled service workers have become, well we likely have all befallen this), have a huge network dedicated to tracking non tippers (unlikely), or if I am stupid enough to eat at the same place twice after bad service. Im in LA, so there is always other food, which is why I eat at good places and tip handsomely. So no, my pizza goes unmolested.
>>
>>692739790
What are Right to Work States and why are the Republicans pushing so hard for them?
>>
>>692739980
And it wont change anything because committee investigations will show that tipping covers the cost.

Also the fire is out and the bern is gone.
>>
>>692740188
Public opinion from the right doesn't change the fact of existence. Boycotting works and striking works.

Not being able to motivate lazy americans to do it doesn't mean boycotting/striking doesn't work, it means lazy americans are okay with being modern slaves.
>>
>>692740435
>Boycotting works and striking works
In theory. Not in actuality. Not any more.
My town had a strike going on recently and guess how that ended?
Yep - the plant was closed and moved to Mexico.

You're not getting that the corporations have BOUGHT Congress and get Bills passed that are in their favor NOT the workers.
>>
>>692718606
Then dont get that job you retard.

Your own fault for offering your working body and car for slave wages.
>>
>>692715358
delivery for $14 order? not tipping driver
go fucking take it yourself next time smartass


>>692715865
no you're just autistic college kid
>>
>>692741105
>Not in actuality. Not any more.

It does but people are cowards and curtail to power as soon as they are personally threatened. If all the employed people living below the poverty line were to strike and demand labor reform, many businesses would grind to a halt. Too many to simply pack up and leave. If everyone making minimum wage or less did the same thing the Federal government would have to act that same day.

The problem isn't how much lobbyists pay or the option of a business to relocate, those are only easy options allowed by voters. The problem is everyone is really eager for change but not willing to put the effort in as soon as the risk is on them.
>>
>>692737021
Why should you expect a bigger tip on on a more expensive order?
Did you take 2 cars or make 2 trips?

You did the same service as if you delivered one fucking pizza, but you're service is now worth more because the customer is paying more?

Charge as delivery fee if anything, but tipping as a percentage is nonsense
>>
>>692722967
Rollerino
>>
What have we learned in this thread?

>Corporations are allowed to pay less than a living wage because consumers think it is their duty to cover the cost

>Everyone hates tipping but thinks it is necessary

>No one is willing to make a change because it is too hard

>Most people who think Labor laws are corrupt are more likely to attack people trying to make a difference instead of the corruption

Never change america.
>>
>>692737291
Fucking idiot.
Boycotting will work extremely quickly if it's the service industry employees that do it.
>>
>>692741780
if people working in those low paid places that means that's their ceiling or they don't have ambitions for something better or just lazy
how the fuck you expect them strike? yeah they will like higher wages but they will not endanger their current employement
people with low wages are there for a reason
>>
>>692741991
It's called shifting goal post.

Earlier the consensus was if something goes wrong with the delivery it isn't the drivers fault because it was probably the kitchen staff holding them back.

Now that it is convenient to account for the the kitchen staff in a positive light they add on their work to the value of the tip even though the drivers job didn't change.
>>
>>692741991
When the fuck did I ever say anything about percentages? I meant they didn't tip at all. Nice try though, retard
>>
How is it fucking legal to get paid below minimum wage at any job?

Is that the point of minimum wage
>>
>>692742225
Then why tip them? Why help people who wont help themselves? This isn't a point in favor of tipping.
>>
>>692741991
he served your food and you were not driving you lazy fuck
so tipping is pretty much the same as in restaurants
but i guess you're not tipping in restaurants
>>
>>692742370
Then why was the cost of the order part of the story? It was clearly implied that a larger order should generate a larger tip.

>>692742395
It isn't in real countries. In Canada the only exception to minimum wage is alcohol servers who's minimum wage is exactly one dollar less than any other profession. This was done openly as a way for those businesses to save money because alcohol servers make so much on tips.
>>
>>692742370
Then why mention it being a $300 order?
>>
>>692741360

FUCK you. Bad service should not be tolerated.
>>
File: 1463000628088.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463000628088.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>692728473
no u
>>
>>692742518
But why expect a bigger tip from a more expensive order when you did the same amount of work to bring it to me?
Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 39


Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]


If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.