Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

someone still believing in these shitty books.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 54
someone still believing in these shitty books.
>>
>>692178939
it was actually aliens with a large DNA bank
>>
Says the faggot who barely spent 20 years on Earth.
>>
File: Capture.png (729 KB, 680x593) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Capture.png
729 KB, 680x593
>>692180003
Trust me
>>
Former christian here, ya it is stupid to still be believing in religion. The bible says stuff like "four corners of the earth" even though we know the earth is round and not flat. That right there is what eventually made me into an agnostic.
>>
You guys who didn't exist 100 years ago know more than the billions of years prior to your existence.

Impressive.
>>
Hey OP, here's a film you'd like, it's a good movie, i give you my word for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzIynnZTia0
>>
>>692180774
Thanks to the research of scientists, yes.
>>
>>692180990
How do u know anything about even 20000 years ago?

Nothing from then exists now.

How do you know anything other than what is told to you?

At least the bible let's you test what it is saying.
>>
>>692180919
shit
>>
>>692180774
What do billions of years know? Holy fuck.
Here's what we do know:
People don't live to 600 years old, even with the healthiest of diets and care.
You couldn't build a ship out of wood large enough to hold 2 of every species on the planet plus the food and equipment needed to keep them alive for 40 days and nights.
The people who wrote the Bible were more interested in good storytelling that fucking scientific or historical accuracy. Deal with it.
>>
>>692181931
/thread
>>
>>692181931
I mean if you're going to argue with science..it's been proven with the water canopy providing that rich of oxygen.. that age is possible. If you're going to argue science at least know the science of both sides.
>>
>>692181931
Now they dont live that long .

God fed the Israeli test for 40 years on mana from the sky, jesus fed 5000 on 5 loves and two fishes.

God made the universe but couldn't make a boat with animals survive 40 days.

Lol watever
>>
>>692180222
/thread
>>
>>692181931
What I do know is the stuff in the bible contains tons of "science" facts that they had know way of knowing, but it's true.

Like rocks and humans containing the same basic building blocks of life.
>>
>>692182743
"God" is a creation of man.
>>
just watch my matches
>>
>>692183165
No he's not.

Checkmate
>>
>>692183655
?????
Sumerfag?
>>
>>692180222
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrPxWg8JFlg

Post was so gold
>>
>>692182743
God didn't build the ark, dumbass. He told Noah to build it.

Of course, that's the story, written by humans more than 1500 years ago. You seem to think stories written in ancient times are somehow more factual than observations recorded in modern times?
If someone found a text written 1500 years ago that said stabbing yourself in the eye is good for your eyesight, you'd consider it more accurate that a medical journal written today that said the opposite?
And you wonder why people consider those who literally interpret the Bible idiots?
>>
>>692181543
You're an absolute fucking moron. Please do not propagate your retarded genes.
>>
>>692183101
Rocks and humans contain the same building blocks of life? Do tell.
Do you mean atoms? Are you sure the atomic compositions of rocks and humans are basically the same?
>>
>>692184459
Kek
>>
>>692180222

Im on tonight and my trips don't lie and im startin' to feel its right
>>
>>692180222
Trips says truth.
>>
>>692181543
Lol obvious troll. But in case of sincerity, we know how old the earth is via multiple testing processes. You can tell the rate that the stars are going and you can tell that they are all moving from a specific point (the theorized point of the Big Bang). Moving at their current speeds, they all would've been at that point around 13 billion years ago. We also have dating of carbon and other elements as well that confirm the age of each other. Also knowing how the fossilizing process works, that confirms the earth is definantly older than 6000 years. I'm an amatuer fossil hunter myself. Never before have I found an organism that was "out of place" on the geologic timescale. I go fossil hunting around Early Cretaceous limestone. And every organism that I found is known to have lived in the Early Creaceous. If everything was made within six days and the flood happened, then we would see all the different types of animals together. But we don't, we see them perfectly separated by rock layers.
>>
>>692180475
It's just a figure of speech, dude. Remember it's been translated to Latin before it was even translated to English.

Trying to read it literally in English is just retarded. That doesn't mean there's not lot of good stuff in there.

You could write a beautifully elegant metaphor translate it just once or twice and it turns into an incoherent rambling mess. You have to look at it from the point of view of the people writing it originally, which is impossible to do if you're reading a translation's translation.

Separating wheat from the chaff, building your house on stone instead of sand, etc. etc. You might think it's talking about gardening and architecture, but there's a lot more to it than that. common figures of speech at that time no longer even exist now.
>>
File: Drink.jpg (6 KB, 194x259) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Drink.jpg
6 KB, 194x259
>>692185220
This anon understands.
>>
Taking bible science seriously in the modern world says a lot more about your questionable mental state then your morality.
>>
>>692185220
The parables of Jesus were intentional metaphors though. The creation story and the four corners of the earth were meant to be taken literally. The problem of figures of speech in the bible then means that everything in the bible is up to interpretation. I can then say that Jesus was not sinless or born to a virgin, because that's how I interpret it.
>>
File: concealedcarry.jpg (39 KB, 440x517) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
concealedcarry.jpg
39 KB, 440x517
>>692178939
>2016
>criticizing a book of poetry for not being literal
mfw
>>
>>692178939
And billions of insects and trillions of plants.
>>
File: know.jpg (32 KB, 384x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
know.jpg
32 KB, 384x384
>>692185846
>>
>>692186071
>Poetry
Kek
>>
>>692178939

The bible isn't meant to be taken literally. You must read it in a spiritual way to understand it. The more you suffer in your life and the more it starts to make sense.
>>
>>692186288
Lol foreal. I found the bible to be quite boring.
>>
hey guys, lord of the rings must have been real! It's on paper and is a book!
>>
>>692186043
Words that are susceptible to multiple, divergent interpretations are worthless; you are putting your faith in the person interpreting them, not the words themselves.
>>
>>692186043
>The creation story and the four corners of the earth were meant to be taken literally.

Says who? Your southern baptist pastor? No, dude, his opinion is not the only one, and frankly, it seems clear it's an absurd approach to something that's been so heavily translated from another translation 400 years ago.

>up for interpretation

That's exactly the case, It is quite obviously up for interpretation, because that's exactly what you are doing when you say it is or is not to be taken literally. That's just your opinion of it, or his, for that matter.

But coming up with some absurd shit that doesn't follow logically just means you're imaginative, not right. A lot of shit is obvious. We still use a rectangular map to show a globular world, don't we? We still use East and West as absolutes even though it's only relative, and even they don't make sense in places close to the poles.

Honestly, dude, you have to think outside the box.
>>
File: umbrella.gif (2 MB, 443x460) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
umbrella.gif
2 MB, 443x460
>>692186288
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/language_poetry.html
>>
>>692186429
What are some words that are not susceptible to divergent interpretations?
>>
>>692186710
He's saying you have to look past the words to the meaning behind them. As in, you can't rely on a literal translation, when even the literal meaning, literally changes over the millennia and countless different cultural vantage points.
>>
>>692184228
If someone today could pull twinkles out of thin air, someone would say it was bs 1500 years from now
>>
>>692186369
I used to be an edgy fucker like op but after being through some shit I found the church and no lie it made me feel at peace. I don't know how to explain it but I felt relaxed and well. I'm not the type to go every Sunday but man there's more to this than atheists like to admit, of that I'm sure.
>>
>>692182743
I'll use as much proof as you did.
>Now they dont live that long .
And they never did
>God fed the Israeli test for 40 years on mana from the sky, jesus fed 5000 on 5 loves and two fishes.
No he didn't.
>God made the universe
No he didn't
>>
>>692185220
>It's just a figure of speech, dude
What about the unicorns and dragons?

You can't pull that NIV shit after a post like yours, because it was native Hebrew speakers that chose "monokeros" as the translation for their own word. Not to mention the dragon with seven heads and ten horns. I bet you'll say that's a metaphor, too.

How can you be so sure that the four corners of the earth, dragons, and unicorns aren't literal but the water-to-wine and feeding a thousand people with six fish is literal?

Why is the book even slightly unclear to begin with? Wasn't it commissioned by a perfect being? Did he fail to communicate the message properly? Did he fail to find an adequate scribe? If he failed at either of these things, he's not very omnipotent, is he? Nevermind the fact that the book says that GOD couldn't defeat that one army because they had iron chariots...
>>
File: CT_logo2.png (14 KB, 320x177) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CT_logo2.png
14 KB, 320x177
You mean to tell me that there's light everywhere that we can't see, that exists always and even constantly penetrates every part of our bodies with its energy, but we can't see, feel taste or sense it in any way? Must be a lunatic, right? Better send them to the insane asylum?!

*Written on a wireless tablet, from the middle of nowhere" - anon

Guys, there's a lot more than we don't know, than what we have ever known. And the more we learn the more we find that there is more to learn.
>>
>>692187268
/Thread
>>
>>692187002
Because it would be.....because they can't. Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?
>>
Most of the storiew in the old testament are allegories. just pointing that out
>>
>>692186710
The car is red.
>>
>>692187002
If someone today could pull twinkles (?) out of thin air, others would either verify it or debunk it.
If someone wrote on their webpage that they just met a guy who can pull twinkles (?) out of thin air, it wouldn't take 1500 seconds for someone to call bs.
>>
File: doad.jpg (9 KB, 271x186) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doad.jpg
9 KB, 271x186
"The Vatican Bank, which has about $8 billion in assets, has often been at the center of scandal and corruption since it was founded in 1942. Pope Benedict began the process of cleaning the bank up, and Francis has continued that work."

CNN.com>money>2015/9/24>news

Apparently...business is good.

Amen.
>>
File: seenface.png (517 KB, 500x512) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
seenface.png
517 KB, 500x512
>>
>>692187320
> water-to-wine and feeding a thousand people with six fish is literal?

Watch with the strawman shit, bro, I'm not your pastor. It's all open to translation, because nobody is alive now that was there to see it and remember what happened.

>reading the rest of your shit

Dude, you need to wake clean the fuck up, man. Snap out of it. You obviously have only been exposed to some bullshit protestant simulacrum of Christianity.
>>
File: bible.jpg (193 KB, 560x722) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bible.jpg
193 KB, 560x722
>>
>>692188000
Then they're sinners and should repent so they don't burn in hell rather safe then sorry for me considering its not that hard to just pray every once and a while and accept a man who lived a pretty loving life as my savior so if there is an after life I'm in the good one
>>
>>692187365
And you are saying that the people who wrote the Bible know more about the world around us than we do today? So we are actually losing knowledge?
>>
>>692187664
What's a car? Was it a small car? How could he fit everyone into it? Did it have a big engine? And what shade of red? What if you're color blind?
>>
>>692187651
Please list the stories that are just allegories and which ones are literal descriptions of events that happened.
>>
>>692188418
You are not interpreting; you are asking for more information.
What people who claim to "interpret" the Bible do is take a statement like "the car is red" and conclude that it means you should drive fast.
The problem you are having is that the statement, "the car is red" is not subject to multiple, divergent interpretations.
>>
>>692188303
> we

You need to check yourself kid. You're not some telepathic symbiotic in the New World order. You have probably contributed nothing to the world's technological advance, so watch it. There's intelligence and good advice in the Bible for anyone in all walks of life, and that's a fact.

Don't presume to be a drunkard on the meme that Mankind is omnicient and omnipotent when you don't know shit, and Mankind knows a bit more.

As a matter of objective fact, the Bible has a lot to say that many people have never heard before, and it could help their life tremendously. Does it have to be the Bible or a specific verse? No, It's information, and it exists independently of the Book. It's the Word, and it exists everywhere even if you don't know it.
>>
look up the Olivet discourse: Jesus said that some people living at the time he was there wouldn't die until his second coming. Jesus was undeniably wrong
>>
File: mfw hahaha no.gif (1 MB, 400x275) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mfw hahaha no.gif
1 MB, 400x275
>>692180222
>not believing in magic means you're immature
>>
>>692188911
>"the car is red" is not subject to multiple, divergent interpretations.

You're wrong, dude, and I already pointed out why. Everything is subject to interpretation to an imaginative mind.
>>
>>692188988
You don't understand most of the technology around you. It might as well be magic. But you believe in it, don't you?
>>
>>692178939
God is a metaphor for the ugliness of man's soul. If man were omnipotent, would he be a just god? No, he'd send plagues and floods and pestilence on the people who had wronged him. God is depicted as petty because man is petty. The modern version of the Hebrew God is Star Trek's Q. Omnipotent, answers to nobody, torments people as he pleases just because he can. And when Q gives Riker omnipotence, he becomes a faggot too, because power corrupts. God isn't an example of what to be. God is a warning against what not to be. Christians have merely twisted it to their own ends to manipulate the gullible.

tl;dr The Old Testament is Jewish satire on the ugliness of man.
>>
The only good book was Psalms. The rest of it is fan fiction trash not to be taken seriously.
>>
>>692188418
Christian
Simply christian
Now i understand your (fucking) logic
>>
>>692188153
>. It's all open to translation
Why is this all-important message from an all-powerful god not perfectly clear?
This is important.

I cannot, in good conscience, swear allegiance to a supposedly all-knowing, all-powerful being who is incapable of giving proper dictation or hiring a competent stenographer. Is God unaware that this message is unclear? Is God unable to clarify this message?
>>
>>692181543
Trololol, how does one test what the bible says? According to my nutjob religious family, you ask good or a preacher what the fuck they think about it. Which means ask yourself or ask someone else who's bullshitting just as much as you are.
>>
File: 1444002114774.jpg (16 KB, 236x334) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444002114774.jpg
16 KB, 236x334
>>692189190
>Because I'm retarded it means everyone else is retarded as well
Jesus, even wikipedia can teach you about that shit. You just destroyed your argument
>>
>>692189516
>Why is this all-important message from an all-powerful god not perfectly clear?

Because it was an oral tradition first and foremost. Are you lost to that basic fact? It was a big game of telephone for millennia until some smart guy somewhere decided to write that shit down, and several thousand years later we've lost all the oral traditions and only have these monolithic ancient texts to pull from.

Anyway, if you're going to be calling into question the "perfection" of God, then you need to ask yourself another question. Why would a perfect being create a universe at all?
>>
>>692189054
You haven't done anything except make unsupported statements that you believe are conclusions.
If your statement that "everything is subject to interpretation to an imaginative mind" was valid in any reasonable way, then, for example, we could not have contracts or agreements because everyone would have different "interpretations" of what "I promise to sell you 30 widgets at $30 each, to be delivered at your address by tomorrow" means.
Unfortunately for you, words are not always subject to wild and imaginative interpretations; sometimes their meaning is plain.
>>
>>692189803
No dude, you don't get it. The technology around you is more complicated than you can probably imagine, to leave such an absurdly immature post as your response. Honestly, dude, I'm being for real. You can't imagine the complexity of the machines you rely on daily. By extension, our bodies is orders of magnitude more complex and sophisticated.

Really, I can tell you, you can't imagine it without dwelling on the magnitude of the system. But I don't expect you to take my word for it. Many people die blind and deaf to God.
>>
>>692189849
>if you're going to be calling into question the "perfection" of God, then you need to ask yourself another question
Don't change the subject. Tell me why/how God allows this supposedly all-important message, the understanding and acceptance of which is the deciding factor between heven and eternal torture for me, to be patently unclear?
>>
>>692189849
Exactly; we should treat the statements in the Bible exactly as if they are a bunch of stories that were orally passed from one person to another for generations before they were written down by some people and then interpreted and translated a several times over centuries, and never verified by any scientific method.
>>
>>692189852
If you don't understand that people abuse the spirit of the law on the regular, while keeping the letter of the law, then you're not even trying here, dude.

People rationalize and weasel out of everything when there's incentive. The contract says 30 widgets at $30 each right? Well, $30 today might be more or less than yesterday, right? And widgets are not all created equal.
>>
>>692190150
It's really not, and you're assuming a lot about others from your own lack of knowledge. Even if you have a mild interest in technology, it's easy to understand how various hardware and software come together to form the devices we use everyday. I repair electronics for a a living, so I can guarantee I know more than you just by reading your posts, and it's not at all as complicated as you assume. You're just a giant moron.
>>
I don't even want to understand why people argue over this shit in the internet.

Everyone knows that bible is the oldest high fantasy book with pretty good tips on how to live. Anyone who claims that the bible is 100% true is daft and should not be argued with ever about this stuff or anything else.
>>
>>692190257
Baptist right? Or just retarded?

How many fucking times do I have to tell you that you've obviously only been exposed to some half-ass dimwit protestant corruption of Christianity? Give me a break with the straw-man shit, bro. Nobody can know the mind of God.

Wake the fuck up. Or do you prefer to be told what to think?
>>
>>692188934
I waiting outside your house, ready to throw down bra?
>>
>>692190904
Is English your 3rd or 4th language?
>>
>>692178939
>2012+4
>not having a woode boat filled with millions of animals

stay pleb
>>
>>692181931
You are way off. It was 7 pairs of clean animals and 2 pairs of the unclean. So that's 14 of every clean animal and 4 of every unclean. And it rained for 40 days and nights but they were on that boat waaay longer than that, faggot nigger.
>>
>>692180222
Which gives him more credibility than the Bible.
>>
File: Flood_Tank_Form.png (42 KB, 200x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Flood_Tank_Form.png
42 KB, 200x150
>>692180003
And the flood was the Flood?
>>
>>692190715
You underestimate even the foothills in front of you never imagining what lies beyond sight. It's ok, child. You'll learn soon enough, or not at all.
>>
>>692189190
>technology, which works and can be observed, is the same thing as Biblical magic because I, an autist, do not understand either but choose to believe in both equally
Holy goddamn fuck. That is powerful stupid.
>>
>>692191319
I don't think you know what credibility means.
>>
>>692191886
You are either legitimately this stupid, or you are choosing to not even think. Either way, you'll reap what you sow, and it's of no concern to me, troubled young man.
>>
File: 1441586880062.png (208 KB, 350x309) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441586880062.png
208 KB, 350x309
>>692191710
Okay, but what does that have anything to do with technology? Are you proud of being stupid or something?
>mfw "child"
Even you know you lost the argument
>>
>>692190825
I see you are unable to process the question, or unable to admit that it creates a hole in your circular logic regarding this supposedly perfect being. You're just changing the subject again, your assertion that I've only been exposed to "some half-ass dimwit protestant corruption" has absolutely no bearing on the objective FACT that this document which is suppoesed to be the deliberately-sent WORD OF GOD is full of contradiction and vague maybe-it's-a-metaphor/parable/figure-of-speech.

An intelligent man is more able to verbally convey a concise idea than an idiot is. An all-powerful being should have no trouble presenting his message in a manner that will not be misconstrued. The existence of these various interpretations is inherently incongruous with the assertion that this message originated from an omnipotent and omniscient being, to say nothing of the fact that this situation has been allowed to continue for millenia without redaction/clarification.
>>
Believing in religion is like being a 11+ year old person believing in Santa
>>
File: 1453054471066.jpg (410 KB, 879x879) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453054471066.jpg
410 KB, 879x879
>>692189516
Well, slow it down there bucko. First of all, the Old Testament is not the same book as the Bible. The Old Testament was written at a different time, by different people, in a different language, and most importantly it was commissioned by a different person.

The Old Testament (according to the Old Testament) was commissioned by a group of about 100 interstellar beings. The main characters in the book are Adonai, who is called The Lord, Hashem, who did a lot of the telepathy in the book, and Elohim who was kind of the negotiator between the different interstellar beings and humanity. If you read the book in Hebrew, you get the original names intact.

When the book was translated into Latin, a whole bunch of new material called the New Testament was tacked onto it. All the different gods in the Old Testament were censored, and called just "God" in an attempt to turn a polytheistic religion into a monotheistic religion that better suited the Bishop's plans for that generation.

So. Y'know. Why is the message unclear? Because some humans fucked with it to suit their own purposes. But the originators of the Old Testament weren't even gods either--they were very clearly stated as interstellar beings that were using humans as pieces in a cosmic game, each trying to gain the allegiance of various clans in an attempt to unite a single world order. And yeah, it really actually is still going on today. Mind you, I'm not saying there are interstellar beings doing this. Maybe there are maybe there aren't. Irrelevant. I'm just saying, that's what people believe, and they are, today, right now, bombing each other in Syria over this belief.

Do not use contemporary religions as evidence that there is no god, but perhaps let it convince you that if there is one, it sure as hell has nothing to do with any of those contemporary religions.
>>
File: 1450077515047.png (64 KB, 624x628) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450077515047.png
64 KB, 624x628
>pic related, everyone in this thread
>>
>>692192272
Even that is a religious notion..
>>
File: we are laughing.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
we are laughing.gif
3 MB, 480x320
>>692192051
>thinks magic arks and talking snakes are the same as an iphone
>calls other people stupid
>>
>>692192193
I don't think you get it at all, dude. You're arguing with a little strawman pastor in your mind, not even picking up what you're setting down. I don't really give a fuck if you want to be a hard head about it, though. I'm not here to try to talk to someone who's obviously not even engaging me, but has some absurd fixation on some specific religious bullshit that is completely isolated to Protestant denominations of Christianity.

Stay Heretical, dude, see if I give a fuck.

Let me break it down to you, you gross fool. I'm a religious scholar who has read more religious texts than you probably know even exist. And you're coming at me like I'm your hill-billy Southern Baptist preacher.

Wake up, fool. You're asking me to validate something I never said int he first place. Again, you are arguing with your own little strawman for whatever fucking reason, probably because you've got some bone to pick with whoever that was. Maybe your dad? mom? I don't know and I don't give a fuck, son. What I'm telling you is there's more than meets the eye and a lot more than what you know.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 255x198) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 255x198
Bitch...listen.

Reality does not exist and if you believe it does you can try and explain what it is if you like. My "reality" and that of a paranoid schizophrenia will not be parallel in terms of how we interpret the world around us. Even if our natural environments are the same we perceive what is real and what is not based on our own personal basis. A schizophrenics mind may believe it sees or hears things that are not real as evidenced by that the fact that it is a result of mental illness and not actually taking place. The way I see the world as opposed to a Muslim from Inca or a person from Communist China will differ based upon our culture and upbringing. So these schizophrenics believe there is this Man up in the sky...who sees, hears and knows all. (Paranoia if you ask me). And this man watches and judges their every action so they refrain from doing things they want to do as is their human nature(apparently a gift from this invisible, yet powerful man) lest they be thrown into a fiery pit of torment and suffering...so they shuck their devious desires, pray(or communicate/talk) to this Man for guidance and forgiveness and pay him hush money which coincidentally does wonders for the conscience. These crazies can be found on the streets holding picket signs telling the rest of us kooks that this Man indeed hates us as well as fags...telling us we are going to Hell I think they call it while trying their best to not seem hypocritical. Religion is far more psychological than spiritual...
Sheesh.
>>
>>692182743
>God fed the Israeli test for 40 years on mana from the sky,
All the evidence says it was less than five.

>jesus fed 5000 on 5 loves and two fishes
Jesus said to start passing the food around. But the story requires you to believe two things: one being that thousands of people spent at least a day traveling to see his sermon (which would require the same amount of traveling to get back) and brought absolutely no food, the other being that no one who came to see him was willing to share. When it boils down to it, the disciples started passing out what they had, so everyone who was already there started doing the same. The miracle of the sermon on the Mount is communism.
>>
>>692191710
>child
Hurt durr I'm trying to be profound
>>
>>692178939
The tree used was a Olive Tree was big and strong then was cursed to be small and weak. How fucking convenient. Also what bullshit the tree gets punished for being reliable?
>>
In most religions there are those known as the "deaf and blind" Not because of any physical problems with their sight or hearing, but because they are those that no matter how much help they get, they lack something that lets them see the deeper meanings to become closer to the nature of God.

The different religions have different names for them, but in essence, they are people who lack the spiritual mind to engage with the deeper elements of spirituality. They are, essentially, barbarian minded, and are "blind and deaf" to the will of God.

They can't be helped. They are the chaff to our wheat, and they build their spiritual bases on sand, and become enraged when they see people with spiritual foundations. Remember that well, for they are many.
>>
>>692192842
>all this deflection to avoid acknowledging the incongruity of a perfect being sending an unclear message
>>
>>692192842
mfw
> I'm a religious scholar
>>
>>692193457
>become enraged when they see people with
stupid bronze-age fairy tales as the center of their decision-making processes
>>
>>692191710
Plz kid.
>>
What about the 72 virgins waiting how nuts is that? Why is everyone pegging on christianity.
>>
File: 1455413626910.jpg (671 KB, 1002x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455413626910.jpg
671 KB, 1002x768
>>692178939

It's not about the truthfulness of the stories and never was. "Belief" in religion is just a token of belonging for a particular tribe.

You say that you believe the Old Testament because being in a Judeo/Christian tribe (usually a specific one) is important to you for social reasons.

Up until recently being considered "a good Christian" would open a lot of doors for you. It still does, somewhat.
>>
>>692192500
>The Old Testament (according to the Old Testament)

>according to my spiderman comic, this guy was bitten by a radioactive spider, then he could shoot web from his wrists
you can't legitimize text with a quote from its own text
>>
>>692192842
>being this mad
For the amount fo characters you typed, it sounds like you do give quite a bit of fucks
>fool
>son
>dude
>I am a religious scholar
Yeah fuck off, nigger. Go troll your bullshit somewhere else.
>>
>>692192042
>I don't think
>>
How do you explain the contact wit the after life ?
There are TONS of evidence and devices used for that
>>
>>692194031
Actually you can. That's how laws and governments work.
>>
>>692194043
It's pretty obvious that you aren't even thinking. You're just vomiting up your stale rhetoric that you probably heard from some random dumbfuck, and then you try to project that shit on me.

Stay mad, heretic.
>>
>>692194322
That are actually no evidence and devices for that.
>>
>>692194345
>laws and governments are works of fiction
>>
>>692194398
So someone e else called you a troll, too?
>>
>>692192500
Your message may be lost to most, as mine may be, but posts like yours remind me that I don't post for everyone, but simply for those that need to read it.
>>
>>692194031
In fact you can, it's called a "hypothetical" and about 80 years ago a dude named Kurt Gödel proved that it's impossible to have any system sophisticated enough to perform arithmetic without out relying on at least some hypotheticals.

I can see from your logic that you've never studied a logic course in your life, because every logician knows that in order to be logical, you have to assume premises. If you never assume a single premise, you can "prove" to yourself that nothing exists, but you can't ever prove that something exists. You're one of those arm-chair critics that goes around saying 'X DOESN'T EXIST, X DOESN'T EXIST' but never once in your life actually made an effort to prove that 'y exists,' aren't you? The burden of proof is on the other guys' side, isn't it?
>>
>>692194568
Are you really this retarded? You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>692192500
>If you read the book in Hebrew, you get the original names intact.
Not to burst your bubble, anon, but "Elohim" is a plural, not a proper name. It's the -him suffix that gives it away.
>>
>>692195131
What an idiot.
>>
>>692194568
Doesn't matter. Try arguing in a court that the law you're being tried is not legitimate because it relies on nothing other than the law itself.
Governments and nations exist solely on paper and imagination. Don't forget that.
>>
File: 02f.png (110 KB, 349x642) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
02f.png
110 KB, 349x642
ITT: Angry, teenage "atheists" thinking they're trolling people who obviously know more about the world than they ever will.

What's new, /b/?
>>
>>692195660
>still trying to compare laws and governments to works of fiction
>>
>>692195819
>ITT: Angry, teenage "christians" thinking they're trolling people who obviously know more about the world than they ever will.

Ftfy
>>
>>692195869
You are an idiot if you can't see what he's saying, fool.
>>
>>692195982
Nah, Christians don't troll. Just you dumbfucks who think you know something because you chose some other ideology to place your faith in, but are still too blind to see the irony.
>>
>>692196104
You're a retard if you can't see what I'm saying.
>>
File: images.png (2 KB, 98x98) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 98x98
>>
>>692195393
Elohim considers themselves a plurality of singularities, which is a concept beyond non-spiritually inclined humans, who still see a single body and think "that's exactly 1.00 people before my eyes." But sure. You can let the third main character be Eloah if that helps your understanding of the material.

Consider the possibility that consciousness is not necessarily a quantifiable substance.
>>
>>692196245
>Nah, Christians don't troll
Oh, right, I forgot, they're the trollEEs, not the trollERs. How silly of me.
>>
>>692196104
so...
let me get this straight...
since laws are valid even though they rely on nothing but their own text, then it is possible to validate a text using support only from the wording of the text itself.
Which means...Spider-Man is as real as God and the 2nd Amendment.
>>
>>692196256
That's just it, you aren't saying anything, you're just being immature and reactionary. So here's your chance. What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>692196323
>that's exactly 1.00 people before my eyes
Unless they're schizophrenic, MPD, or bipolar.
Or a method actor, I guess.
>>
>>692196521
>>692195869

Laws and Governments are all artificial constructs.
>>
File: 1399217354659.jpg (37 KB, 569x428) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1399217354659.jpg
37 KB, 569x428
>>692178939
If anyone could build it would be the 600 year old guy.

Unfortunately there is no way to confirm this because there are no 600 year old guys around today.
>>
Why does this thread exist
>>
Originally the handful of the chosen humans had exceptional genetics that allowed them a long life and spiritual insight. Since then, a lack of family and selective breeding has destroyed the original genetic line, and that's why people are dying of cancer in their 50's now even with medical care. With selective breeding of the best humans into homogeneous families aligned with higher truth, we could repair the damage before it's too late.

But you niggers would rather argue about bullshit.
>>
>>692197086
Obviously OP wanted to make a troll thread today.
>>
>>692196905
And the reason is DNA declines over time we get smaller weaker dumber not the opposite
>>
>>692197086
It is the will of SPIDER-MAN.
>>
>>692197610
I think society is to blame for that. People weren't meant to live like they do now. Becoming enamored to false idols and fake bullshit and losing sight of what's important, even when it's right in front of them. It's a shameful culture of decadence, hubris, and hedonism.
>>
>>692197427
Lol all humans where the same not a select group there was inbreedimg the kimara i think i spelled that right lol but all where equal
>>
>>692184592
Both rocks and humans are made of nothing but protons, neutrons, and electrons. It's all the same.

You can get technical and break things down to quarks but either way you're wrong. Everything is made of the same basic units.
>>
>>692197610
>DNA declines over time
More completely made-up stuff.
>>
>>692197948
As in the days of noah lol our flood is coming
>>
>>692196905
i thought that was a mistranslation resulting from the shift from lunar calendars to solar calendars. it should actually be 600 months (of the 28 day variety) which would actually be 46 years (\which would be rather old for actual people of that era of history)
>>
>>692196575
That comparing laws to stories is retarded. Laws tell you what you can't do, and what the repercussions of doing them anyway are. Furthermore, laws are backed up with the physical authority to carry out those laws and any punishments. Stories, on the other hand, are simple narratives that may (or may not) try to offer morals and explanations, but have no authority in and of themselves. To suggest that they are comparable is to say that laws and fictions are interchangeable.
>>
>>692184592
>>692184592
He's absolutely right though. We are all made of Energy at different states of excitement. This energy is everywhere. All around us even if you can't see it. That is an objective scientific fact, in addition to being classic religious dogma.

This is what I'm talking about m8, you have to open your mind, as well as your eyes, to see.
>>
>>692178939
>2016
>arguing about religion on the Internet
>don't you all have better things to do
>>
>>692198170
>our flood is coming
No, God promised he wouldn't do that again, that's why we have rainbows.
Next time he's going to destroy it with fire.
>>
>>692198150
Shure made up prove it even the stars die you idiot
>>
>>692198392
>better things to do
>than discuss the most important philosophical question of human history
Your priorities are a bit off, friend.
>>
>>692198410
It was an example lol but yea your right
>>
File: 1465510550101-2.jpg (55 KB, 533x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465510550101-2.jpg
55 KB, 533x800
>>692198337
Umm. The bible is law in some parts of time / space. Did... did you not understand that?

Do you not realize that in some parts of the world, there are these people who literally call themselves the religious police?
>>
>>692198582
>discuss the most important philosophical question of human history

>implying it's only one question
>implying philosophy and religion are inherently the same
>>
>>692198337
>To suggest that they are comparable is to say that laws and fictions are interchangeable.

Do you live in North Korea or something? Laws are not only changeable at will, but so are governments themselves. They are nothing without the support of people. A government and its laws, are nothing but constructs. Lifeless ideas. They require living will to carry any authority.

Many laws in one nation are absurd to another. It's all literally stories, and you are only compelled to believe them if you are a citizen of the country. Stand up. Look around the world.
>>
>>692186158
KJV kek ,
Isaiah 34:7 "And the wild oxen will fall with them, the bull calves and the great bulls. Their land will be drenched with blood, and the dust will be soaked with fat."
>>
>>692198767
Let me just cut to the chase here and hit you with the truth, mr greentext, paraphrasing, anon.

There is no dichotomy between science and religions. If there is one that you perceive, it shows a serious lack of understanding of one or the other.
>>
>>692192051
lol nigga you dumb
>>
>>692198670
And yet these "laws" are given by a being who claims to be the ultimate judge, making any terrestrial authority not granted false, and has had no contact with us in 1300 years, or 2000, or 6000, depending on who you listen to. Kinda hard to accept the authority of someone who can't even agree what that authority means.
>>
>>692199113
They are directly linked you do not undetstand neither one
>>
>>692198840
>hurr 1970's edit by english speakers who just conveniently swap out a word that the hebrew themselves chose as the correct translation of a hebrew word
It's unicorns, whether you like it or not. Your modern alteration (which is a sin, by the way) may say "oxen" but the bible that Jesus said was 100% accurate said unicorns.
>>
>>692199407
Its definatly 2000 but soon that will go down to zero when the dispensation of grace ends
>>
>>692199407
Your problem is that somewhere along the line, maybe as a kid, someone told you the answers were easy and they were all literally in the one Book, right?

Well, the answers are never easy, and you have to find them yourself. I never even said that shit, and you again, and again, obsessively focus on the literal biblical translation, apparently completely unaware that that is something entirely isolated to protestants sub-denominations of Christianity. There are many other denominations and many other religions.

Wake up! It's a mystery that you have to be awake to begin solving.
>>
>>692198439
>stars=DNA
Are you even trying anymore?
>>
>>692199407
No one actually reads/accepts the whole thing. Everyone just cherry-picks whatever parts support what they've decided that they want to believe.
Me, I only like Leviticus 19:27, Ezekiel 26:20, and 2 Kings 2:23–24
>>
>>692199698
What the fuck did you just say?
>>
>>692199769
Its a prophetic vision what do you expect its a God given DMT trip that has meaning
>>
>>692198820
>laws can be changed
>therefore the 1st Amendment can be replaced with the Hobbit

Are you fucking retarded?

>it's all literally stories

Oookaaay, so show me where in the Constitution it describes Chuck Norris descending upon Mount Rushmore where he gave George Washington the stone tablets with the Amendments etched into them.
>>
>>692199769
>but the bible that Jesus said was 100% accurate said unicorns.

Jesus didn't write the Bible.
>>
>>692200168
The point was death everthing dies there is your proof for decay of DNA everything decays over time
>>
>>692184800
Fossils and dinosaur are lies created by the enemies of Christ
>>
>>692200200
*Ezekiel 23:20
not 26:20, oops
>>
>>692200276
Do you even understand what an Amendment is? Do you think Women could always vote? Are you in like 4th grade, son?
>>
>>692200426
bible is word of god
jesus is god
you is retarted
>>
>>692200271
You are an unlearned fool
>>
>>692200168
Entropy is a law of physics, son. Wake up. Stop trying to be retarded. This is a grownup conversation. We're not talking about how many natty lites you can drink in one night here. These are important philosophical questions.
>>
>>692200694
Do you need to reread my post? Or look up a word you don't understand? Because You agreed with me while saying I don't understand at the same time, idiot.
>>
>>692178939
someone still believing atheism is relevant.
>>
>>692200805
The second law is quite precise about where it applies,
only in a closed system must the entropy count rise.
The earth's not a closed system' it's powered by the sun,
so fuck the damn creationists, Doomsday get my gun!
That, in a nutshell, is what entropy's about,
you're now down with a discount.
>>
>>692201068
The Bill of rights are the first 10 amendments of the constitution.

Women's suffrage was the 19th Amendment, and passed in the last century. It has nothing to do with the Bill or Rights you blithering idiot.

Laws change all the time. What do you think the purpose of the Supreme Court is? Damn dude, it's good to know the people who disagree with me are so completely retarded.
>>
>>692201336
> Damn dude, it's good to know the people who disagree with me are so completely retarded.

lol'd
>>
>>692200620
So, wait, you actually do think that Chuck Norris came down to Mount Rushmore and met Washington? Must've been weird for Washington to stand on his own head.
>>
File: CYC47qEWcAAg_yE.jpg (91 KB, 960x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CYC47qEWcAAg_yE.jpg
91 KB, 960x960
>>692178939
>>
>>692201130
Entropy applies to the entire Universe and everything in it, as a law of physics. How far do you want to take your idea of a closed or open system?

The whole point of mentioning "closed system" is because you can bring orderly energy into a smaller system, to bring its individual order up, but talking on cosmic scales, you start getting into the idea of a God on the other side of the glass before too long.
>>
>>692200694
Lol i replyed to the wrong post so,e how when clicked the tag it said it was from a previous post i replyed to sorry
>>
File: 1439691086581.jpg (133 KB, 750x637) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1439691086581.jpg
133 KB, 750x637
>>692185220
it's a "figure of speech" because of the bibel. that's some circular logic there genius.
>>
>>692188153

And the hand waving commences!

Zero arguments addressed.
>>
>>692201996
>>692202229
You're not even trying, dude. pathetic.
>>
>>692178939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_xCI-peq0
>>
>>692195081
damn thats some top notch fedora tiping you got going on here
the burden of proof is on the theist though, like you say and any claims they make without evidence can be refuted without evidence
>>
ITT: Angsty 14 year old atheists think they're tolling, but really getting rekt and blind to it.

Stay pleb
>>
>>692201790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bueZoYhUlg
>>
>>692191710

This foothill in front of us seems pretty stupid, but I'm probably underestimating the vastness of this retardation.
>>
File: 1303.jpg (59 KB, 440x553) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1303.jpg
59 KB, 440x553
>>692202356
tits or gtfo
>>
>>692202462
And yet you have blind faith in much that you not only do not understand, but are incapable of understanding, and have no experience with. Hypocrite, much?
>>
>>692194398

If you take this out of context, it applies to both sides of the argument!
>>
File: willy-wonka-4.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
willy-wonka-4.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>692202462
Yeah, see, that's the thing. According to the theist, the burden of proof is on the anti-theist. Go figure.
>>
File: 1421873237018.png (622 KB, 640x481) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421873237018.png
622 KB, 640x481
>>
File: 1437339484689.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437339484689.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>692178939
Maybe he did
>>
>>692198617

No, you're just one of the extreme majority of Christians who do not read their Bibles and make the rest of us look like fucking morons on the internet because they have zero idea what their religion entails.
>>
File: invisible bukkake.jpg (40 KB, 600x323) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
invisible bukkake.jpg
40 KB, 600x323
>>692178939
>>
>>692202500
Hawking herr durr boycott isreal hurr durr your chair keeping you alive is made there
>>
File: ziikFS1.png (451 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ziikFS1.png
451 KB, 1000x721
>>692202788
>tips fedora
>>
File: isthisguyforreal.jpg (35 KB, 432x338) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
isthisguyforreal.jpg
35 KB, 432x338
>>692201336
>Amendments have nothing to do with the bill of rights
>which are the first ten Amendments
>which have nothing to do with the bill of rights

The retardation is strong with this one.
>>
>>692202356

>Still refusing to address any points in the post
>Accuses others of not trying
>>
>>692202696
atheists arent making claims about the universe that are illogical, theists are, and they need to back that up with more the muh bible

also, atheist is the word you're looking for, not anti-theist
>>
>>692202696

How shocking, the theist doesn't understand the basic concepts of proof! Imagine that.
>>
>>692202863
Shure the flood has nothing to do with the second comeing there not interchangeable at all
>>
>>692202652
like what? anything from this world can be studied
>>
>>692182323
google oxygen poisoning
>>
>>692178939
Still incapable of comprehending esoteric psychological metaphor.
>>
>>692182323
>living to 600 years because OXYGEN
>what are TELOMERES?
>>
>>692203186
>Still refusing to address
this
>>
>>692203381
Well, okay. One second. Let's do some logic.

According to you, "the burden of proof is on the theists." <-- from who does this statement inherit its truth?
>>
>>692178939
>someone still believe...
Aaaaaand... who cares. i think you just want to defend islam, lefty
>>
File: GeorgeWBush01.jpg (11 KB, 150x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GeorgeWBush01.jpg
11 KB, 150x180
>2016
>Still believe in a fairy tales

Do you think Santa is real too? Don't be stupid. Science flies us to the moon, religion flies us into buildings.
>>
>>692191710
I've made superconductors in my garage... pretty sure those mountains in the distance will be my bitch before too long
>>
File: 1466909310121.jpg (109 KB, 800x880) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466909310121.jpg
109 KB, 800x880
>>
File: fSL0oAm.jpg (398 KB, 4000x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fSL0oAm.jpg
398 KB, 4000x3000
>>
>>692184800
pics of fossils you found or it didn't happen, jew
>>
>>692202696
You can't prove something doesn't exist, which was one of the reasons the FSM was created. No one can prove God doesn't exist, just like no one can prove the FSM isn't out there reaching his noodily appendage to you for your salvation.
Just because someone else's made up shit is newer than yours doesn't make it any less valid.
>>
>>692203666
>According to you, "the burden of proof is on the theists."
Not just according to him. The burden of proof is on the claimant, that's a millenia-old established concept of logical proof. Furthermore, logical proofs can only be structured in the form of an affirmative, so "prove there is no god" is not even proper logic to begin with. You can either prove the existence of god or fail to prove the existence of god.

So the problem can only be approached from the affirmative, and the burden of proof is on the claimant. When one is claiming that god exists, and another is questioning or challenging this claim, the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the skeptic.
>>
>>692204172
rip based stenger
>>
File: 1459553350747.jpg (51 KB, 750x728) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459553350747.jpg
51 KB, 750x728
>>
ITT: edgy 13 year old Christians trying to defend their faith and failing miserably
>>
Next someone will be saying Candlejack is real, and we all know that's bullsh.....
>>
File: 1434213169791.jpg (23 KB, 290x324) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434213169791.jpg
23 KB, 290x324
>>692192500
>the old testament (according to the old testament)
>>
File: 1464814394619.gif (3 MB, 202x290) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1464814394619.gif
3 MB, 202x290
>>692201713
> isnt always necessarily physical
> isnt always necessarily
> always necessarily

You fuckers need a lesson in brevity..
>>
File: 1466539959274.jpg (13 KB, 198x255) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466539959274.jpg
13 KB, 198x255
>>692204593
Okay. Got it.
>The burden of proof is on the claimant, that's a millenia-old established concept of logical proof.

>>692194031
you can't legitimize text with a quote from its own text

The only way to rationalize this, is to accept that logic is hypothetical, or to treat logic as a religious dogma that is implicitly true because it is. Which is functionally identical to treating logic as a hypothetical, except answering in the negative whenever anybody specifically asks "so is logic just hypothetically true?"
>>
File: Nicolas_Cage_.png (250 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nicolas_Cage_.png
250 KB, 500x500
>>
>>692205458
what the fuck is Candlej......
>>
>>692204172

>religion flies us into buildings.
>>
>>692205458
Newfag
>>
File: 1438838267861.jpg (29 KB, 526x526) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438838267861.jpg
29 KB, 526x526
>>692178939
>2016
>Being anything other than an agnostic, deist, or atheist.
>>
>>692205594
Hydro plate theory there you have your global flood prooving the old testement
>>
>>692205594
So...hypothetically speaking...
What if I were to follow a theoretical religion? Not a presuppoesed-to-be-true religion as currently exist, but one which might be plausible though we currently do not have a means to test and verify its veracity. A religion of postulates rather than laws.

I think I'll call it.....Taoism.
>>
File: bb.jpg (252 KB, 500x700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bb.jpg
252 KB, 500x700
Literally all anyone ever needs to know.
>>
>>692178939
>people believe a crazy man who made up stories a long time ago.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (50 KB, 640x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image_1.jpg
50 KB, 640x960
>>692205789
I'm not a newfag. I've been here all summer
>>
God makes people from clay (even though he can just poof them into being so wtf) he "loves" the people more then anything like children. Hates sin knows they will eat sin apple, makes sin apple for then to eat tells them no. Gets pissed they ate it curses and punishes them forever and to burn in Hell. He loves them and punishes them for something he set up. Not only did he do that to them but is such a dick everyone is cursed like them. They did it not me wtf am I in trouble for? Years later instead of just saying I forgive you he makes himself a son but is him somehow too. But he doesn't get off easy has to he had the shit beat out of him. Died then force his father to let people in heaven. Makes sense to me .
>>
File: 567264202.jpg (73 KB, 560x548) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
567264202.jpg
73 KB, 560x548
>>
File: QYbx1XI.jpg (291 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
QYbx1XI.jpg
291 KB, 1365x2048
Bacchus is only god
>>
File: Argument.jpg (370 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Argument.jpg
370 KB, 1296x968
>>692206097
You don't need to consign yourself to any one belief system. Since, all beliefs systems are inherently self referential, you can create a mental compendium of various, but perhaps mutually exclusive dogmas, and select them as necessary based on who you're speaking with. Not entirely different from knowing multiple languages that are specific to the regions from which they're spoken. Does knowing French make English wrong?
>>
>>692206033
Hardly. The earth is a sphere. Have you, even for a moment, contemplated the sheer volume of water that would have to be added to the earth to submerge every land-mass up to the top of Everest?

The OT flood is, at best, an exaggeration of an actual flood of all of the *known* world (as in "known to the people who passed down this myth in the middle east). If the actual truth of the matter is a flood that only covered one out of seven continents and did not kill anyone in africa, asia, or the americas (both north and south could plausibly have been occupied at the time via the well-known theory of the alaskan land-bridge and the slightly less well-known theory of land/ice-bridges connecting the southern tips of Africa and South America to Antarctica) that would effectively disprove the actual text of the old testament that god wiped out all humanity except this one guy's family. That would do more harm to the bible's credibility than help.
>>
>>692187063
so you're saying it's impossible that it's all in your head? Maybe you wanted to feel at peace and it gave you the crutch? Or perhaps the people around you keeping you in that biblical bubble made you feel warm and fuzzy?
>>
>>692206533
>>692206533
This is a very Taoist thought.
For the Tao that did not include Christianity would not be the true Tao. The Tao that did not include Buddhism would not be the true Tao. The Tao that did not include atheism would not be the true Tao, for the Tao is the absolute total of all things.
>>
>>692206334
Jesus was not a zombie, he was a lich.
>>
>>692207431
Jesus no longer has original body can not technically call him either one
>>
>>692198439
>>692200492
No really i'd love to hear about how DNA decays.
Are you talking about mitochondrial DNA or all cellular DNA? Because the instability of the double-helix arrangement is it's strength, allowing for mutations that become adaptations when selected for.
So yeah, decaying DNA, let's hear it.
>>
>>692206907
He's saying that neither answering "yes" or "no" to that question, but simply leaving it unanswered is a third possibility, and the one he selected.
>>
>>692206097
Taoism is the truth. The Tao Te Ching is all wisdom condesnced as shortly as possible, cut of all the bullshit. Spiritual if you want it to be, but its what you make it.
>>
This thread is a joke. Everybody knows that meatballs came together with spaghetti a long time ago and the tomato sauce said "Let there be deliciousness!". Hmmmmmmmm
>>
File: 1394846222137.jpg (193 KB, 640x800) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1394846222137.jpg
193 KB, 640x800
>>
>>692207284
The eternal tao can not be named.....

I assume it is because everything is in a state of change.
>>
>>692207284
That's why Taoism is so unthreatening and culturally kind of stifling.
This Christianity/Islam thing is a distraction from State intrusions into privacy, the real conflict in the future will be between undemocratic Confucian societies on the rise and decadent Christian ones in decline. Islam is gonna feel kind of left out, which is where Islam came from, the Middle East not having it's own Messiah and a real lack of relevance.
>>
>>692208250
wow, are you actually 15? or just plain retarded?
>>
>>692206897
The water shot up from under Pangaea creating the continent's you see today thats why theres sea sshells on everest and wales in the deserts
>>
>>692207677
A lich doesn't necessarily have a body. Look at ner'zhul while he was the Lich King.
>>
>>692208084
The moment one opens his mouth to speak of the Tao, he misses the mark entirely.
>>
>>692208272
Satan is a tattletale faggot satan short hebrew for ho satan meaning the acuser
>>
>>692180475
Same here. I used to be a Christian until I read the Bible front to back and realized how completely retarded it was. The peace and love Jesus shit sounds well and good out of context until you read ALL of it
>>
>>692208484
Jesus totally still had his body. He even showed the wounds from the crucifixion to the apostles.
Also that whole "empty tomb" thing.
>>
>>692208739
>that part where God sends bears to eat forty young boys for mocking a bald man
>>
>>692185220

> figures of speech at that time no longer even exist now.

So it's out dated. Why follow an out dated piece of shit
>>
Sagan, faggot!

Hail science!
>>
>>692180475
Crucifix or gtfo
>>
>>692208398
I'm a member of the 'Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster'.
Are you intolerant or what?
>>
File: sagan.jpg (154 KB, 600x718) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sagan.jpg
154 KB, 600x718
>>692208717
see
>>692208914
>>
>>692208914
>Implying God didn't bake apple pie from scratch
>>
>accuser
>>
>>692209103
The burden of proof is on the accuser
>>
>>692208766
He asended into heaven when john saw him he didnt even know who he was at first he has his body his heavenly body now
>>
I'm God. Ask me anything.
>>
>>692208669
kinda makes it hard to communicate it with others, but i get you.

It really is beautiful

Semi-related: Tai-chi is really cool to, if you arent already into it
>>
>>692208989
It's all 'muh lord' until someone comes in with a different invisible friend. Then the true intolerance comes to light. Stay strong /b/ro
>>
>>692185220
It's the teaching not the lessons, that is outdated
>>
>>692208766
No, he made the ascension. He's now with the doctor Daniel Jackson and the ancients. He doesn't have a body anymore.
Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 54


Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]


If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.