Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Any polyglots/avid language learners here? Anyway, I started

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 17
File: SfuZ-9gg.jpg (262 KB, 2550x2550) Image search: [Google]
SfuZ-9gg.jpg
262 KB, 2550x2550
Any polyglots/avid language learners here?

Anyway, I started learning french a few days ago, using Assimil and some Duolingo.

>"Bonsoir, comment ça va? Je m'appelle Anon. Nous sommes à 4chan. Es'çe que vous avez lė cigarette?"

I've been learning norwegian with Duolingo but stopped for a while, not much point because I almost never get in contact with it, but I will definitely continue, it was the first language I actually started learning by myself.

>"Hei mennesker! Jeg liker dette nettstedet. Har du noen "maymays" for meg? Gi meg bilde av pene jenter, vær så snill. Takk."

Spent 4 years learning "la lingua italiana" and I can speak less italian then french, kek. Fucking school system. At least I can understand some of it.

>"Non posso parlare italiano baka desu senpai."

So, is anybody here learning some new language? Can you recommend some good learning materials?

/language learning/ general or whatever.

Maybe we can do some practice, at least learn to speak memes in a new language if nothing else.
>>
Yes :
-C++
-Object Pascal
-PHP
>>
>>688707351
Est-ce
Une cigarette.

And I think it's non puo. Use gooogle trad you faggot. You're learning useless shit anyway.
>>
>>688707725
Ofc, I might as well mention that too:

Basic C++
Basic Java
HTML, CSS
Javascript + frameworks
PHP
Basic Ruby on Rails
Python
>>
>>688707351
Learn Mandarin, Spanish and German, depending what you want to do in life
>>
>"Bonsoir, comment ça va? Je m'appelle Anon. Nous sommes dans 4chan. Est-ce que vous avez une cigarette?"
Fixed
>>
File: mFYbxHY.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
mFYbxHY.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>688707725
>>688708196
kill yourself.
>>
>>688708324
Tu lo que quieres es follarte a tu padre
>>
>>688707913

Ah, yes, my bad for french. But "posso" is correct for italian, there is "può" but that is 3rd singular.

At least it proves I didn't just try to act smart by using Translate like a faggot.

And why do you think it's useless?
>>
File: esperanto.png (938 B, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
esperanto.png
938 B, 275x183
>>688707351
>polyglot fadeno
>ne esperantistoj

absolute Haram.
>>
>>688708357
Ah, it's "dans" too, thx. Yeah, Assimil basically just starts with a whole sentences without going deep into grammar so it'll happen for some time.
>>
>>688708797
Esperanto is easy to learn but a lot of shit gets mixed up all the time. Useless
>>
>>688709027
ido fagoto eltrovita
>>
Si ton tonton tond ton tonton, ton tonton sera tondu
>>
>>688707351
Русский
>>
>>688707351
>"polska" język trudna jest
>>
>>688709362
Cento per cento
>>
>>688708557
Jajajajaja que cabrón
>>
>>688708324
What's the point of learning Mandarin?
>to go to China
What's the interest in there?
>>
File: YasssitsSarah.jpg (300 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
YasssitsSarah.jpg
300 KB, 1280x718
>learning to speak french
>go to france
>nothing but muslims
Yeah, it's going to be like that.
>>
How do you commit yourself to learning a language ? I know basic German and French, but that's just because I'm from a German family and took French classes in high school. Whenever I've tried to learn one myself (many times), I've always lost interest very quickly. How do you do it, anons ?
>>
>>688709600
Never found a will to learn russian, but I guess it would not be so hard because I'm somewhat close to you guys.

Also, CYKA BLYAAAAAAT.

>>688709626
Kurwaaaaa.

Pretty much everything I know.
>>
>>688709786
A lot of industrial companies outsource to China, if you can speak the language you'll be a supervisor there in no time
>>
>>688710003
Actually speak the language
>>
>>688710171
I've done that, it does nothing to help.
>>
File: 14613459229140.jpg (62 KB, 604x400) Image search: [Google]
14613459229140.jpg
62 KB, 604x400
>>688707351
Русский
>>
File: milicia-11-05.jpg (10 KB, 324x258) Image search: [Google]
milicia-11-05.jpg
10 KB, 324x258
>>688710021
>because I'm somewhat close to you guys.
Bad for you
>>
>>688710308
>learn french in school
>go to france for 6 months
>listen to french music
>talk french to people online
>read french magazines
>start watching movies in french with subs
>leave the subs out
>>
I speak a perfect english and spanish, and I'm not a fucking beaner, want to learn german, that shit sounds perfect
>>
Why would you want to learn Norwegian?.... There is almost nobody you can speak norwegian with
>>
>>688708557
Mk y tu probablemente quieres llegar a Colombia o algo, encontrar una nena bien buena, fallar tela, y joderte la vide teniendo que pagarle Child support el resto de la vida del niño lol kys familia porfa
>>
File: a healthy hobby.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
a healthy hobby.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>688707351
Already conversational in Japanese, so I'm re-learning Korean and teaching myself Mandarin at the same time. Three languages, three kingdoms. This is their romance.
>>
>>688710659
Nah, I'm not really interested in French and I can read a lot of stuff in it if I have a dictionary on hand. I mostly want to learn Japanese, but haven't started because I know I'm going to quit anyway.
>>
>>688707351
Find a local who speaks the language you want to learn and ask them for help. If they are foreign and don't want to help threaten to vote UKIP/Trump/whatever other anti-immigrant party is in your country.

My grans friend is Danish and is actually a retired teacher so has 40 years experience in teaching people English and shes been teaching me Danish as well as duolingo and suggested I get a book off amazon.

Understanding prepositions,conjunctions and verbs/adverbs are good things to learn very early on as they're obviously used in everyday language in any language. The nouns you can just learn as you go along (Learn basic ones first and practise pronunciations out loud all the time)

Make sure you're dedicated to it. I'm only dedicated to learning Danish because I want to live there, Danmark er bedste <3
>>
>>688710003
Don't use stupid shit like duolingo that just makes you learn a bunch of nouns and phrases by rote.
Learn the grammar and tenses / case first so that you can actually build sentences yourself.
Have a good grasp of how your own language works first.
To make it easier get a girlfriend that speaks the language
>>
>>688711045
Then you're not a polyglot. And considering you can barely make a sentence, you speak nothing but English
>>
>>688707351

日本の as opposed to 日本語?
>>
Yes I can read/write the following languages:

German,
Dutch,
English,
French
And Arabic
>>
>>688710819
Apart from everyone in Norway, who are pretty decent people from the few Norwegians I've met.
I've also met a few Danes and Swedes and confirm that everyone in Scandinavia hate each other.
>>
>>688710003
It's easier when you care about the language you want to learn. Knowing multiple languages can be very useful, just look how many great people were polyglots - for me, those are the things that inspire me.
I guess it can also be a good idea to learn some language which is from a same language family as yours so it could be easier to learn. The best thing you can do is just to go out and actually start using it as soon as you can, even on the internet. It's a cool feeling when you can read anything without google translate.

I'm still a beginner, I still wouldn't even think about mentioning that I know another language aside from English at this point, but I really want to do this. I think duolingo can be a good start because it works like a game - you have checkpoints you have to reach and words easily stick from the beginning, so it keeps you interested. Try it. Do at least one lesson every day.
>>
>>688711045
Japanese is a very simple language to speak, it has fuck all tenses and word order is not really strict.
Learning to read it on the other hand is a pile of bollox
>>
>>688710021
Russian is a bit dificult in grammar...
>>
>>688711212
Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'll get a Japanese girlfriend, but a friend of mine has one. Maybe she could help me out.

>>688711276
When did I say that I'm a polyglot ? Also, I can make sentences in German because I do it every single time I talk to my mother or sister.

>>688711388
Unfortunately, there are no other languages in the same family as Japanese, so that won't work. I do care about it a lot, though.

>>688711553
Sounds encouraging.

>>688710888
>how to draw manga
kek
>>
>>688711370
There are like 5 million people in Norway, I just dont think its worth learning it. Ofc thats my opinion
>>
>>688711628
Try Hungarian.
Cunts have 18 cases
>>
>>688710432
Translate it please...I only understand a bit
>>
>>688711918
Only 4-6 are relevant...
>>
Learnt just English and I already think is too much
Kek
>>
File: Sora.jpg (61 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Sora.jpg
61 KB, 848x480
>>688711812
>how to draw manga
>kek
W-we all have dreams, Anon....
>>
>>688708196
>>688707725
Autistic robot "languages" don't count, you faggots.
>>
>>688710841
>fallar tela
HAHAHAHA
>>
Don't forget body language and inflection can be big things too.

I've a Bulgarian girlfriend and have been over there loads of times but I still can't get used to the fuckers being the only country that shake their heads for yes and nod for no
>>
>>688707351
I've been learning French for two years. I'm still nowhere close to fluency. Your French is a little off, but it's definitely a good start
>Ça va, je m'appelle ânon aussi. J'ai beaucoup des cigarettes! J'ai deux paquets.
>>
>>688710888
Hey, you're that nigga who was learning japanese! hows the mandarin going? Forget korean, its a worthless country anyway.
>>
>>688711930
Rusfag here. It means: "Petrovich, the whole problem is that no one reasonable is guarding the borders."
>>
>>688712833
No sera que querías decir follartela...no es lo mismo fallar que follar bro...a mi no me gusta fallar pero si follar
>>
File: NiggersTongueMyAngus.webm (2 MB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
NiggersTongueMyAngus.webm
2 MB, 480x272
ooga booga gadooga dindu nuffin muh dick we wuz faroes n shit
>>
Is duolingo a good way to learn a new language? ive been learning portuguese on it and some people are telling me that duolingo isnt a good way to learn a language.
>>
>>688711212
(Not the guy you are replying to, but...)
See, this is the exact opposite in my case.

During 4 years of school, language classes focused too much on the grammar and too little time has actually been spent actually using it in conversation. It left me with some theory that I can't use and a shallow word pool.

I really recommend the book "learn language in 7 days" by ramon campayo (spanish recorder in memorization). That was the thing that made me to get up and start learning.

The concept is the following - learn vocabulary first, the grammar second. You basically start by learning x hundred of words which are the most spoken ones. You talk like tarzan, but you can actually have conversations and understand the writings. Some of it you can get by your own logic. Ofc, you learn some grammar along the way too, but you NEED to have a vocabulary so you can put it to practice. Words are memorized by a technique of associations. It made it much easier for me to keep at it and I actually didn't achieve bad habits in terms of grammar.

Btw, why did I start learning norwegian? It's a pretty retarded story actually.

Just google "Emilie Nereng blog" and you will understand.

Also, swedish and danish are pretty similar, so you can then automatically understand most of those as well.
>>
>>688713064
Спасибо друг!!
>>
>>688713276
Duolingo is good only in the beginning, afterwards it's useless because you can't practice actually talking with people.
>>
>>688707351
speaking korean bulgarian english german and spanish without ever really wanting to learn them, just lived in different places during my life, also no accent in any language, except for english, where you'd call my accent british, i guess.
>>
>>688707351
>>688712940

>Bande de /b/âtards de sous-race de vos mères

Here is a true lesson of french.
>>
>>688712900
I think indians do the same, yeah it's weird lol.
>>
File: 14600732941630.jpg (60 KB, 833x763) Image search: [Google]
14600732941630.jpg
60 KB, 833x763
>>688711930
Petrovich, the whole problem is that no one is guarding the borders of mind
>>
>>688713344
I guess people just learn differently.
I always hated the whole learning phrases and vocab way of doing things. That's the way Irish is thought in schools in Ireland.
I always thought of it as the way children learn their first language, you're constantly surrounded by it and learn it that way. Of course nobody speaks Irish when they get home from school so you're not immersed in it properly.

You only start learning it in what I consider the adult way (focusing on the grammar) when you're a teenager and most people already hate it by then.
I had Irish classes for 13 years and can speak a language I started learning 2 years ago better.
>>
>>688707351
日本語を話せます。
Jag tala Svensk.
Ich Spreche Deutsch.
I also speak English.
Thinking also about learning Dutch for my fifth language.
>>
>>688713848
>I think indians do the same, yeah it's weird lol.
They also don't poo in the loo
>>
>>688707351
You started learning french? Can you recommend Assimil and Duolingo? Looking for a way to learn french by myself too
>>
Learn Chinese/Japanese/Korean/another weird asian language that has no practical applications because everyone speaks English, but still, some retards and wannabees study it.
>>
>>688713521
That translation is incorrect, m8
>>
>>688714058
What's your mother tongue ?
>>
>>688714164
Very few people in china or Korea speak english. More people in Japan speak english but its still like 15-20% only.
>>
>>688714367
I guess Swedish. Am I right?
>>
>>688714367
English. my japanese is alright, it needs work, but swedish and german were easier because of the similarities
>>
>>688709786
China is the US's largest trading partner. Even though all the businesschinks speak English, If you speak Mandarin you're gold in the business world because you can actually go over there and see what those slanty eyed pieces of shit are actually doing instead of just trusting their gookjew lies.
>>
>>688714247
It's not.
>>
>>688714058
>Jag tala Svensk.
It's "Jag talar svenska.", you fucking fakefag. Nice google translate.
>>
>>688713746
I know that is the best way of learning languages, but I'm still kinda surprised how that works. How long did it take you? I don't think I could learn it if I didn't constantly go to clubs and talk to people, how do you even start to understand it, actually, did you learn it by yourself from books/internet too, or did you strictly learn it from conversations with other people?
>>
>>688714454
His Swedish is shit, so it's obviously not it.
>>
>>688714400
closer to 5% in japan, and even fewer are actually fluent
>>
>>688714247
Could be спасибо мой друг?
>>
>>688714544
It is
Look at this one
>>688714023
>>
>>688713746
>also no accent in any language

How old are you, you fucking liar?
>>
>>688714873
No-no, I mean, that russian guy translated text on the pic incorrectly
>>
>>688707351
Hey, good effort! Been wanting to get into languages myself. I ken norwegian a bit due to being swedish, liked to get better at french though.
>>
>>688710003
You learn it best if you HAVE to. Learned English through living in the UK, slowly forgetting previous language. Constant practice is really important to maintain your knowledge in a language.
>>
>>688708797
It's good to know that language?, I've always been interested in Esperanto but never really learn
>>
>>688715004
Haaaa ok
>>
>>688708709
Just a minor note, "non posso [parlare italiano]" isn't the literal translation of "I can't speak italian", that would be "non so parlare italiano", the sentence you wrote means "I [forcibly] can't speak italian"
>>
Can anyone recommend some good resources for learning Bulgarian?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465103098899.jpg (28 KB, 480x853) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465103098899.jpg
28 KB, 480x853
Hei så kult du lærer norsk da hvor er du fra? Her har du bilde av en blogger kjendis
>>
Any tip to learn russian please?
>>
>>688715685

Get a Russian GF. You'll learn to pashol ty nahui podonok yobanyi really quick.
>>
>>688715572
er det bildet hun har whinet om i avisene`?
>>
>>688715543
Intensive Bulgarian by Ronelle Alexander. There's 2 volumes and accompanying CDs.
Shop around, I got it on amazon France I think for a good €30 less than my local Amazon.

Only words you need to know are mamkati, putka, pishka, tsigan and guz
>>
Ja det er det bilde ja som hun gikk IT i media og klaget over hadde leket
>>
>>688715851
XD it could be a great idea...but another tip?
>>
>>688714139
I stumbled upon some reddit thread where the guy recommended assimil as a much faster method than duolingo. Check out /r/languagelearning. I'm only on the 6th lesson with assimil (it's supposed to be 1 lesson per day, but it's actually just a dozen or so sentences per lesson, so I'll do more per day, I was just busy these days so I went slower). I haven't tried this method before so I have yet to see how it will progress. It's a lot of reading and listening, that is, learning the language like a newborn, there are also some notes explaining some basic grammar along the way. There are shitton of lessons though, like 200+. There's audio and pdf (2 separate torrents) on tpb. Also, there are more versions of assimil and some are worse than others. The torrent which I'm using is from the 90s and that is supposed to be a good one.

Duolingo is great for starters. I brushed up some of my norwegian on it and learned a lot of words. You learn some words, sentences and grammar with it, but it usually goes word by word. It's pretty good, but it started to get annoying for me because it's pretty slow and often you have to solve the same questions over and over again - but "Repetitio est mater studiorum", so that's not actually a bad thing. The words stick pretty well.

I say, download duolingo on your phone and just dive in and see where it will get you. The best way is to just use multiple sources.
>>
>>688715685
Tip #1 - don't learn it.
You have no reason to do so, believe me.
I'm a russiafag and I learn English to move from Russia. Russian culture doesn't exist anymore, cummies fucked it all up, nothing to study here.
>>
Learning Czech very, very slowly, which gives me bits and pieces of Slovak and Polish. Speak enough to get by in Italian, Romanian, and probably Spanish at a stretch. Was conversational in all three at one point, but quit using them after I left the places people speak them. Learned Latin and Ancient Greek in college but that shit's gone beyond what I use for work which isn't much.

Definitely not a polyglot, but I still feel ok about it all.
>>
>>688716267
>cummies

I think the draw of Russia is the lower amount of niggers compared to the rest of Europe.
>>
>>688716254
Thanks for this great report. Are assimil and duolingo for free?
>>
>>688715685
Don't. Learn a slavic language closer to the average like Ukranian that will give you some ability to talk to the whole eastern bloc, or better yet don't learn any of them because anywhere worth going in the 2nd world speaks english and their languages are hard as fuck to learn from a romance or germanic background.

German is good for the 2nd world as well, for what that's worth, but English is still better anywhere I've been.
>>
>>688708797
I always end up forgetting Esperanto due of lack of usage because there's almost no people around to speak it with.
>>
>>688715543
Watch gospodari na efira.
>>
>>688715471
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks anon!
>>
>>688715851
I didn't understand what is pashol?
I understand the rest but I don't know what this means pashol
>>
>>688716513
Moreover, niggers here usually look like american whites and don't leave their families, but it doesn't make Russia any better, everything else is still shit (well, maybe with an exception for education, but it depends).
>>
Where would someone start with learning Japanese ? What are the best resources to get familiar with the language, and what order do I do the things that I need to do ?
>>
>>688716513
Czech Republic has so few niggers I do a double take when I see one (and I've literally never seen a muslim in 5 years here), and its richer, less authoritarian, more cultured, more technologically advanced, has a higher standard of living, and all around is better in every meaningful way.

Decent number of VC running the convenience stores and gypsies gypping around, but neither have ever shown me anything but respect and the violent crime rate is so low its unheardof so idgaf.
>>
>>688716676
>Learn a slavic language closer to the average like Ukranian that will give you some ability to talk to the whole eastern bloc
Lol, Ukrainian is just a slightly difference version of Russian. The average Slavic language would probably be Czech.
>>
>>688715572
Jeg er fra Kroatia. Også, takk for det bildet!
>>
>>688716676

For utilitarian purposes, English and Spanish pretty much cover Europe (except France, those fuckers refuse to speak English even if they know it) and both Americas, i.e. most places world worth being in.

If you're really young (like late teens at the oldest) and very future-oriented, learn Chinese.
>>
>>688716676
>Ukrainian
Don't recommend him this shitlang of fucking ukrainian subhumans, it's worse than learning some ooga booga dooga.
>>
>>688717133
Bulgarian would probably actually be a fairly simple entry to slavic languages for an English speaker.
It has cyrillic, everything is pronounced as it's written, there are no cases and pronouns are optional
>>
>>688716911
Pashol means go or went. For example, Пошол ты на хуй means Go fuck yourself, and Он пошел в магазин means He went to the store.
>>
Anyone speak Swedish? Is it as easy to learn as people say it is?
>>
>>688716998

Czechs are pretty cool guys. In terms of mentality, they're probably the most Western peoples of all Slavs.
>>
>>688716575
Duolingo is free, it has apps for mobiles and windows (mac?). Assimil is actually a collection of CDs and a book so it is paid, I just torrented it, though.
>>
>>688716676
>>688716267
Bro here in Spain there are a lot of people searching people that speak russian because there are a lot of russians visiting spain...
There are a lot of people here learning german ,so I search to study something diferent
>>
>>688717506
If you suck off 12 immigrants, you become fluent in Swedish
>>
>>688717615
Thanks for the informatio, anon!
>>
>>688716911
pashol nahui = get the fuck out.
Literal translation of "pashol" (correct spelling is "пОшёл" btw) is "go" or "walk" in imperative form
>>
>>688717243
Western Europe definitely, but you get out towards the east that becomes less true, and Italy was a problem for me as well. Romania you just cannot get around in English, or couldn't when I was there, unless you're in the very heart of the capital. Czech Republic is the same outside like Prague and Brno.
>>688717133
>>688717273
Fair enough. I don't speak it, was just going by what I was taught about it which may well have been bullshit.

In any case, if you go slavic go middle ground.
>>
>>688707351
yup, english, serbian, polish, french, japanese, russian, german, dutch
>>
>>688717714

i would probably do that. years of learning skipped for maybe 30 mins max of dick sucking? sure
>>
>>688717841
Почему пиздиш ?
>>
>>688717394
But Bulgarian is even more useless than Russian, that's the problem. Russian is, at least, one of the official languages of the UN
>>
>>688707351
>be 18
english
german
spanish
hungarian
c++
python
java
>>
>>688717533
>I like other cultures to be exactly like mine
So just stay at home in your Jew run faggot state and enjoy the feeling of your semi pushing against your chastity device as a pair of niggers double-teams xour non gendered partner
>>
>>688718048
лол я нет
>>
>>688718108
lmao even eastern euros don't want to be eastern you delusional shit don't bullshit me
>>
I speak english and french fluently.
Got some basics in german, indosian, spanish, and I'm learning modern arabic since two months.
>>
Fluent in Russian, Hebrew and English, taking up French now and I'm already able to comprehend alot and speak abit, granted conjugation is still lacking.
>>
>>688717841
Сколько тебе лет, что ты столько языков выучил? (Если не пиздёж, конечно).
>>
>>688718235
>The people speaking with communist accents on CNN said so
Good goy
>>
>>688717506
Jag gör det, och det är lätt som fan om man redan kan ett germaniskt språk som inte är engelska (har för mycket franskt och romerskt influens), som danska, nederländsk eller tyska. Lärde mig det för skoj, tog bara 2-3 månader. typ.
>>
>>688718433

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>688718164
Чисто японский где выучил?
сколько лет тебе ?
>>
>>688717501
>>688717501
>>688717501
Ok,I known the sentence идй на хуй
..is like пошол ты на хуй?
>>
>>688717841

To napisz cos po polsku, cwaniaczku z miodem w uszach.
>>
>>688718433
Да пиздит, не забудь мы на /б/..
>>
>>688718568
Well, it doesn't fantastic enough to deny the possibility, that what he said is true
>>
>>688707351
>>"Bonsoir, comment ça va? Je m'appelle Anon. Nous sommes à 4chan. Es'çe que vous avez lė cigarette?"

Almost

«Nous sommes à 4chan» means «We are at 4chan». You should say «Nous somme SUR 4chan» (sur = On; at=à»

Also "Es'çe que vous avez lė cigarette?" Is incorrect. The good sentence is «Est-ce que vous avez une cigarette» (lè doesn't even exist)
>>
>>688715685
You really can't without actually moving to Russia, and then again, why would you ever move to Russia?
>>
>>688707351
Hey, im learning Thai for some Time now สวัสดีครับ , its a fun Language to learn. If you really want to understand how to learn languages easy and quickly you should checkout Stuart Jay Ray on YouTube. He is a polygloth and he likes to Talk about learning languages. I recommend searching for his videos and joining some groups on fb about the language you're learning. Also make friends who speak that Language and Talk with them. Goodluck or โชคดี in Thai
>>
>>688718433
Мне 25 лет. У меня есть фотографическая память.
>>
>>688718645
A bardzo prosze. Z miodem w uszach? Nie slyszalem takiego stwierdzenia jeszcze.
>>
>>688718625
It's the same thing. It's like saying walk instead of go in English.
>>
>>688718916
Ok mec, tu es un gros null...
>>
>>688718579
Я узнал японский дома. 25
>>
File: 1460417206795.jpg (349 KB, 800x668) Image search: [Google]
1460417206795.jpg
349 KB, 800x668
>>688713032
Sorry, I was working out. It's going great, at least.

I'm re-learning Korean because I have an emotional connection to the country. Lived there for years before.
>>
I know French, German, English, Russian and a bit Italian. Polish is my native. And I'm only 19
>>
>>688719114
neeee pas être drôle
>>
>>688709600
priviet, kak tya zavout?
ya russki ctudient
>>
>>688719121
> узнал
> не "выучил"

Nice Google translate пидор.
>>
>>688719121
Блять, что это за русский? Google Translate используешь, признайся, ошибок хуева туча
>>
>>688719323
I can't be perfect in all these languages. At least I'm studying them. You are probably just sitting with your fat ass in front ur pc.
>>
>>688719429
>хуева туча

This is real Russian from the soul, peeps.
>>
>>688719429
Ебать, прикин я дома математику узнал ...
>>
>>688717533
Yeah, I love Czechs. Western enough not to have the 24/7 despondency or nihilistic propensity for violence and self-destruction that you see too much off in the fmr USSR nations, but Eastern enough not to have hate speech laws, safe spaces, and other euro-american bullshit.

Wouldn't move back to America (or anywhere else I've ever lived) for a million dollars.
>>
>>688719553
Too bad I'm actually fluent in 3 and studying my 4th one now eh ?
>>
>>688718814
Haha yeah, I could have actually figured it out because I tried to use a definitive. Woah, there even isn't "lè cigarette"? Yeah, that is the part I think Duolingo will be useful for. Assimil is more for getting the language in your head but I have to look somewhere else for more grammar.

Btw, other anon mentioned "dans 4chan" before. What is the difference between "dans" and "sur" here?

>>688718843
Will check him out. Yeah, joining groups and talking to people is the best thing you could do.
>>
>>688719781

This is exactly what I meant.
>>
>>688719812
>eh
Practicing canadian English ?
>>
File: 1463618176124.jpg (258 KB, 1145x766) Image search: [Google]
1463618176124.jpg
258 KB, 1145x766
>>688707351

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCk_yTLI7A0
>>
>>688707351
I only know Russian, English and Swedish. Want to learn German, French or Spanish, can't decide which one though. Everyone says German is super hard, but I noticed that the vocabulary is really similar to Swedish so it can't be that hard, right?
>>
>>688720092
Нука съебал мудила, не видишь лингвистов тред? Интеллигентные, блять сука, люди собрались, а ты тут хуету постишь, гандон.
>>
>>688719812
studying 8 , fluent in 5
>>
>>688714046
>in what I consider the adult way
Could you be any more pretentious?
>>
>>688720325
> German is super hard
After Russian it will be super easy. Moreover, Swedish and German are both Germanic languages, that makes it even easier.
>>
Gruezi. Ich heise Robert. Ich lerne Deutsch, weil ich in Zurich wohne. Ihr seid alles faggots.
>>
>>688720446
sure you are buddy, keep that google translate close by :)
>>
>>688720527
He's talking about how shitty the way they teach it to adults is as opposed to how children learn languages naturally... not that the adult way is desirable or superior. Could you be any more retarded?
>>
>>688719300
Привет,Меня зовут alex,я испанец А как тебя зовут?
>>
Learning french for a few days and I have already started reading everything with a french accent kek.

I'm actually surprised how good I'm pronouncing it, it seemed hard as fuck, but when the language starts getting into your ears everything just clicks.
>>
>>688714058
話します。*
>>
>>688720745
think what you want, I am earning money for translating documents, not you...
>>
>>688710074
Oh yay. Earning $17k/yr because I speak Chinese. At least it'll go a long way in China. I'm better off learning a language where there's actually money like German.
>>
>>688720946
Did you come here just to praise yourself ?
>>
>>688721120
Did you not?
>>
File: 1461595946942.gif (2 MB, 220x320) Image search: [Google]
1461595946942.gif
2 MB, 220x320
>>688721033
No, he's right. It's 話せます being the volitional form, showing that he *can* (it's in his ability to) speak it.
>>
>>688720946
Not at all, why would I do that? I don't even know anything else except for English.
>>
Yeah, I'm really into linguistics.

I know English and Czech as first languages (immigrant parents). Branched out into other Slavic languages from there (Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, Russian, and Slovakian, but Slovakian might as well be Czech), and then I took up Spanish and German in high school. Right now, I'm learning French.

Considering learning Arabic, it seems like it would be a fun language to try.
>>
>>688721324

Meant for:
>>688721120
>>
>>688719857
Only on words,
«dans» means «in/inside»
«sur» means «on»

Actually, both are correct, but «sur 4chan» sounds better (because it's difficult to physically get INSIDE an image board)
It's close to «browse on internet», not «browse in internet»
>>
>>688709010
"Dans" basically mean "in", but we use "sur" more often.
>Nous sommes sur 4chan
>>
>>688707351
Learn Finnish. You won't actually learn it but it's a fun waste of time.
>>
>>688721410
So you're fluent in 10 languages?
>>
>>688721614
Levan polka
>>
>>688721410
immigrant from america or to america?
>>
>>688720594
Yeah, but I only know Russian because it's the language my family speaks, so I never had to study it in order to learn it. Figured it might be different to actually study and try to learn a difficult language like German.
>>
>>688716267
No reason to learn Russian
>Russian qties
I don't need another reason
>>
>>688721410
>Slovakian
The fact that that isn't the name of the language makes me hesitant to believe you speak it.
>>
>>688713344
I'm learning German and there are definitely many very important colloquial phrases that make no sense whe. You translate them directly. I wish I had spent more time at the begin fun just learning phrases because now I can understand basics, but I can't understand a lot of meaning because it just doesn't translate.
>>
> be me
> want to be a polyglot
> it is my dream
> want to dedicate pretty much my whole life to it
> already know some languages
> come across this thread on /b/
> for some reason get fucking raged out
> fuck each and every one of you fags
> I guess I hate polyglots but I want to be one

Am I fucked in the head anons?
>>
>>688714785
I was 3 years in South America, born in Austria to Bulgarian parents, went to Korea for interest in gaming industry and during school I studied 2 years in London (exchange student)

so yeah...

>>688714969
I'm 23 currently
>>
How does anybody else feel about people who put very similar languages on their CV and social media profiles like they "know them"? E.g., if you know croatian, and you put serbian and bosnian in there. Or if you know swedish and you put norwegian and danish. Well, more or less. The point is, they put the languages that are 95% similar to their native one. It's obviously to make it look like they know a lot of them. But isn't that just silly?
>>
>>688721843
I've never seen any qties here.
Well, maybe "chinese cartoons" made me too picky .
>>
>>688718842
See
>>688721843
>>
>>688721961
No, that's pretty much the polyglot mindset. It's like writers or art connoisseurs, each one thinks they're justifiably proud of their knowledge and everyone else is a pretentious fucktard. You're in good company you delusional tit.
>>
>>688721961
jealousy
>>
>>688722216
>>688722368
Should I change it or what? I don't want to be jealous dick.
>>
>>688721727
*Ievan polokka. Not a good example, because most of it is nonsense. Try this:
https://youtu.be/xRRQ37ULVD4
>>
>>688722137
Have you ever been out of Russia?
>>
>>688721961
>>688722216
Also if you're old enough to post here and haven't started, you don't really want it and will never have it, so probably just fuck off back to your Introduction to Introductory Japanese Introductions and your hentai and let the big people talk.
>>
>>688721961
Nah, it's not unusual, anon. I'm glad if I made some people interested in learning a new language with this thread. Just do it, if anything, this should encourage you to keep going.

Also, something I watched today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2DMyIjqbE
>>
まあ日本語を話せるけど

他の国と語は全てつまらなくて、学びたくない
>>
>>688707351
both your italian and french suck
>>
>>688721961
What the fuck is that butthurt ?
>>
>>688722109
Meh, no reason not to make themselves look good if they can; if the languages aren't identical, then there's some accomplishment in being able to speak both. People who write down American English and Canadian English and British English and so on can slam their cock in a car door, that being said.
>>
私は二年前の夏から日本語を勉強しています。毎週の火曜日に日本語の授業を受けます。毎日2時間ぐらい勉強しています。
>>
>>688722611
I'm battling with this every day too, anon. It should get us inspired and not bring us down. You have to understand that as a challenge you have to overcome.
>>
>>688722830
Are you a jap?
>>
>>688721306
Srsly nigga? 話せる is the potential, volitional would be 話そう
>>
>>688723164
I wish

I'm just a massive weeb
>>
>>688707351
I speak English, Swedish, and German, I am also currently learning Mandarin.
>>
>>688723033
Probably the first time in my entire life, when google translate actually made a comprehensible translation of something in japanese.
>>
>>688723347
How good is your German? I'm trying to learn it but it's very hard. Any hints?
>>
>>688722864
Hey, I've just began learning!
>>
>>688708196
No assembler you fucking social playboy shit
>>
>>688722109
Unless they can actually speak and write in that language with reasonable few mistakes, it shouldn't count even if you understand what the other person is trying to say. I live in Swedistan and understand about 90% of what a Norwegian is saying and could communicate with him, but I could never write or speak in his language as it should be without it just being Swedish. For example, "også, er, jævla" all sound identical to "också, är, jävla", but the spelling is different so it's still not Norwegian even if they would understand it.
>>
>>688723974
Shit, forgot that. But I can basically just fizzbuzz in it.
>>
>>688723580
My German is not the best, but I lived in Germany for a year. I would recommend memrise. Also, I would recommend trying to get in contact with native speakers because it really helps with fluency and conversational skills
>>
>>688723717
It's believable, it's just that polyglots usually have a pretty basic idea of what "knowing a language" means, they tend to just get to a stage where they can just about converse with people and then move onto another, they're rarely ever fluent in more than 1 or 2 of them
>>
File: Nigravrach.jpg (61 KB, 720x951) Image search: [Google]
Nigravrach.jpg
61 KB, 720x951
>>688717841
Попизди мне тут, хуесосина.
>узнал японский
>у меня есть фотографическая память
>>
>>688707351
you don't know how to speak italian?
> non so parlare italiano

is it forbidden (for some obscure reason) for you to speak italian?
> non so parlare italiano

are you kindly asking someone to speak italian using the negative form?
> non può parlare italiano?

IT (M)
PMS (M)
FR
EN
PT
ES
I want to learn DE
>>
I speak Norwegian and Polish from my upbringing, Swedish through learning words for practical use and falling with swedes, and english and german from school
>>
>>688724371
Он транслятор документов ты че.
>>
>>688719620
So how is she?
>>
>>688724388
fucking autocorrect, the second should have been
> non posso parlare italiano
>>
>>688714058
Ich spreche Deutsch.
Sprechen ist ein Verb und wird kleingeschrieben, sonst werd ich dir was brechen
>>
>>688716254
Don't overdo it with Assimil, just keep at it daily, even if you need to reduce the pace.
Don't do pauses.
>>
>>688718100
see
>>688712583
>>
>>688723347
Jag med! Är du svensk?
>>
>>688707351
Du er alt for formell OP. Du trenger ikke være så formell.
>>
>>688724091
If you aren't a 10 years old,kill yourself normalfug-socialscum
>>
>>688725996
>aren't a 10 years old
I have a language you can scratch off the list of things you speak anon.
>>
>>688726112
Gee golly, wonder which one that is, stay tuned fellow 14 language fluent anons.
>>
File: f4JcoWv.jpg (84 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
f4JcoWv.jpg
84 KB, 1280x850
I see, a lot of people here claim to speak Russian, but when it comes to writing replies, they all speak like fucking google translate. So, dear polyglots, could it be that you add a language in your list just after watching some introductory lessons on youtube or reading a beginner-level book ? How many languages, among the ones you've listed, are you really good at ?
>>
>>688722830
「他のは全部つまらない」って… 辛くない、それ? 韓国は日本と似ているから面白そうね。それ以上、フランスの文学も凄くていい。中国でもつまらなくないもんがある (マンフアとか)。

Seriously though a lot of other cultures are worth looking into. You really shouldn't just dismiss them as boring. I'm French, and love French culture. Not necessarily the more traditionnal/historical culture but the more contemporary side - French graphic novels are great, our insults are gold (see >>688713761 ) (and our overall slang is, in my opinion, a lot more fun to use than English slang), and overall I think we're a pretty cool bunch of people.
Even if it seems like a bit of a hassle at first languages are always fun to learn, cause you get access to a whole new set of books/games/entertaining shit you wouldn't get access to with only your mother tongue. And entertainment is always appreciated.
>>
>>688725558
Well said, you have to do it on a daily basis, without stopping.
>>
>>688726112
english is no need
>>
>>688726436
Mainly aimed towards the cunts listed here
>>688723717
>>
>>688707351
I have been learning german. I am taking Spainish classes. And looking forward to learning Russian, French and Arabic.
>>
>>688725801
Hvordan kan jeg være mindre formell?
>>
>>688726436
Воли пизьдюк
>>
>>688725791
Nej. Jag är Amerikan
>>
>>688726898
Jar ar kill thyselfa
>>
>>688726979
kek
>>
>>688726593
The thread is about polyglots - you should expect polyglots in it. I don't understand why you're so butthurt. Yeah sure some might be exagerrating or straight-up lying, but you can still be a "polyglot" if you're fluent in one or two languages but speak a few others casually. The definition of polyglot is literally "someone who can speak a number of languages".
>>
>>688707351
Have any contact
>>
>>688727204
>Polyglotismorpolyglottism[1]is the ability to master, or the state of having mastered, multiplelanguages.

people mention languages they recently took, that's not "mastering" it.

And the joy of seeing them fail while trying to write in said language Is really something else.
>>
Any frenchies wanna leave their kik ? Practicing my French here boys.
>>
>>688723717
I think >>688718328 is pretty believable, there are tons of Russians in Israel.
>>
>>688727916
How would you know ?
>>
>>688728015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_language_in_Israel
>>
>>688711364
Syrian refugee detected.
>>
>>688728184
Thanks for the information!
>>
>>688727640
Fair enough!
>>
File: 14641638759373.webm (1 MB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
14641638759373.webm
1 MB, 360x640
>>688707351
You can ask me anything about Russian Language in this itt.
>>
>>688729148
Как на русском пишется " bro " ?
>>
>>688729285
Бро, брат, братан, братишка.
>>
>>688729285
Бро.
>>
>>688729386
Bro, brat. bratan, bratishka.

Fix
>>
>>688729386
Забыл "браток"
>>
Learning German in School and I've been learning French on my own for a while. Planning on learning Esperanto when I have free time over the summer. I've tried learning Japanese but all those Kanji are a pain in the ass. Plus I haven't found any useful and free resources online to help me learn Japanese, but i have resources for the other languages, so that's good.
>>
>>688729559
Elaborate on said resources
>>
>>688729386
Блять, "братишку" бы лучше не упоминал
>>
>>688729148
" the building was set on fire by david"
" the mouse was eaten by the cat"

In Russian please
>>
>>688729690
Poshel nahooy
>>
>>688707351

I study constructed languages as a hobbie,

Lojban, Esperanto, Toki-Pona, ASL

And slowly learning the Arabic and Russian alphabets to start,

Some Burmese for shits.

Should get into French more, But I rather learn from actually people than books
>>
>>688729803
"Давид поджог здание", literal translation: "здание было подожжено Давидом"
"Кошка съела мышку", literal translation: "мышка была съедена котом"
>>
Dual fag here majoring in math and biology, but has never learned how to code.

Going to pick up a language after my summer class, what should I do as a first given an aptitude for mathematics?
>>
>>688730395

Lojban
>>
>>688730274
Спас бро
>>
>>688715471
How many languages do you speak anon ?
>>
I know German,Spanish and English pretty well, learning mandarin because I want to be /biz/cuck but that is slowly fading so idk what to do
>>
>>688729559
Anki, the threads on learning japanese in /a/, obenkyou and other phone apps (that said Anki works on mobile and is the god of all language apps).
>>
I speak English,Bulgarian and Russian fluently and
I'm currently trying to learn Danish. Any tips?
>>
>>688731022
Ну-ка поговори со мной на русском. Тебе сложно было учить его? И зачем ты учишь Болгарский язык?
>>
>>688731022
If you already know English, then Danish is easy as fuck. The only annoying thing in pronunciation, but Danes will still be able to understand you anyway.
>>
>>688719857
In french, we say we're ON a website, so "sur 4Chan" is the most correct.
If you say "Je suis dans 4Chan" you'll be understood but it's not correct.
>>
>>688730487
Most appreciated, I'll look into this
>>
>>688729630
Well for French I've been using Duolingo, French by French, and Memrise. I've put my french learning on hold for a while to focus more on school work, but I feel like my main issue with french is remembering the words I've learned.

For German I just use my School. I started learning it with Duolingo before school and got pretty far through the tree. The only problem I have is Grammar, remembering the words is easy since many words in English are cognates.
(1/2)
>>
>>688729630
For Esperanto, I have a downloadable course that I got from some site but it seems reliable. I also got lernu and Duolingo to help me out with grammar as well as memrise for words. I even subscribed to a few esperanto channels on Youtube to get an idea of how to pronounce and speak the language.

Japanese, however, is a real pain since I love the speed and sound of the language but don't know how to learn it since its different from any European language. I know Hiragana and Katakana like the back of my hand, but the kanji is what throughs me off. I've used Memrise and Wanikani to help me out. WaniKani seems like the best bet but you have to wait before you can review the vocab/kanji, which is bad for me since I've been learning Japanese on and off. Maybe one of the reasons for my trouble is that I have no clue how to tackle it. The Grammar seems easy though, and i have a site as well as a youtube playlist with lessons and exercises. I even got Genki 1 and the workbook to help me out.
(2/2)
>>
>>688707351
Native language, english at a pretty good level and german at a very poor level. I can understant anything a non retarded accent person speaks.
In german i understand only how to beg for money, swear and ask the prostitute to lick my balls.
>>
>>688732130
Its largely based on math, (more or less) Works a lot like programming languages, The website pretty much explains everything on the main page . The chances of meeting speakers is very slim.. But it changed my life and way of thinking
>>
I checked out some song in Lojban and I'm honestly scared of the sound of it.
>>
>>688732964
Looked it up, it sounds like a mix of Hebrew and some Slavic language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZomVOBE5-0 [Embed]
>>
>>688732667
Repefugee detected.
>>
>>688733167
I'd say Hebrew and something like Navajo maybe just by sound.
Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 17

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.