Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Remember the Internet from 10 years ago? I do. Man, shit was

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: myspace.jpg (404 KB, 1460x1148) Image search: [Google]
myspace.jpg
404 KB, 1460x1148
Remember the Internet from 10 years ago? I do. Man, shit was raw back then. Exciting new videos were posted all the time, Myspace was popular... things were different then.

I reminisced on Myspace by browsing some old friends I used to have on there. Pretty sure they just all abandoned their accounts and left them there, like moments frozen in time. I had a laugh looking at all the shirtless males posing in front of mirrors as their profile picture. One dude was shirtless and holding his underwear down so that his pubic hair was exposed. Some men were posing with guns on the profile picture, obviously trying to look "tough". Shit cracked me up.

Who else here remembers the early and mid-2000s Internet? Fucking LimeWire and shit LOL.
>>
>>684224865

Kill yourself.
>>
>>684224865
no one cares faggot

sage
>>
>>684224865

I remember geocity, damn I feel old
>>
>>684225357

And it was all on dial up lol
>>
I'm pretry sure nobody believes me when I tey to explain youtube didn't have ads at one point
Man, if I knew then what i know now, I probably would have killed myself
>>
Anyone remember /b/ from 10 years ago? I do.

Shit was fast back then. You'd make a topic and if no one replied that shit would be gone like motherfucking instantly. You would have to specifically write "noko" in order to be taken to your topic, otherwise it'd just send you right back to the front page. There was no catalogue back then, if you made a topic and didn't write "noko" you were pretty much screwed.
>>
hackintosh, stick fights, mr abc..america online.

anybody remember punters?

it was like the wild west
>>
I love MySpace back in the day now I only stick to twitter but the MySpace days were the best
>>
>>684226028

If you run firefox, just install cleantube.
>>
>you never saw the Internet in its golden age
Just end my life fam

>>684226043
>you'd make a topic and if no one replied that shit would be gone like motherfucking instantly
I've seen archives of /b/ threads from like 2008 that lasted for days though.
>>
>>684224865
was a fukin baby dont remember a shit xd
>>
Anyone remember that moot guy? He used to run this place. Real name was Christoph Peel or something.
>>
>>684226393
it's Christian Pole
>>
>>684226393
RIP M00t. Never 4/get
>>
>>684224865
Hah! I remember it pretty well. The bulletin was always filled with useless nonsense, random-ass surveys and "copy this if _____" bullshit. I remember the thrill and excitement of seeing the red "New Message!" and the blue "New Comment!" windows light up above the manage account window. I remember the wonder of making your very own layout with different fonts and backgrounds and options, trying to figure out how HTML worked exactly. It was exciting and new and different and I miss it sometimes.

I ended up deleting mine over the girl who broke my heart in high school. The thrill of the "New Message!" screen was caused by her most of the time, and it was our primary way of staying in touch. When things went south, this new place was a nightmare, a social time bomb. I had my page for about 3 years and I loved it, but it had to go.
>>
>>684226198
>hackintosh
these are still being built today

>America Online:
late 90s AOL was big
>>
>>684226351

I think that they fixed it by then.

In the mid-2000s shit was so fast on /b/. There was no Captcha or any sort of anti-spam system in place to my knowledge. People use to pretty much copy and paste bullshit and post it again and again. I tell ya, /b/ was fucking fast.
>>
>>684227096
yeah AOL was pretty big..

is used to run with CompuServe or some shit like that.

Flash was taking off. I really like the fact that it was all unexplored. ppl did things just to see what would happen.

best of all. pretty much everything was considered "darknet" so to speak.
>>
>>684226198
STICKFIGHT!
>>
i do miss classic myspace.

granted it's really something that was enjoyable as a middle / high schooler but i'd go back to it if they somehow made the old code compatible with current browsers and shit.

i still have and use my youtube account from 2005. i remember a friend i had on myspace had a video of himself skateboarding that was embedded and played right away and i was like "what hosting site is this? youtube? let me check this out..." fell in love with it right away, obviously not the same thing today, but i still use it 24/7.

i don't miss the slow internet though (i don't think anyone does).

my main issue with today's web design is how content is partitioned into several pages in order to get their click revenue because they know most smart people use ad blockers. in other words, we're reaping what we sow but it wouldn't have come to this had it not been for the pop up.
>>
>>684228155
hell yeah.

quake 2 nigger
>>
>>684226349
or just install adblock plus. blocks ALL ads from. ALL the internets. easiest to install on chrome and firefox as a simple plugin. works on other browsers too.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.