Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Ask a guy with blppd cancer anything. Also general feels thread

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 318x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 318x455
Ask a guy with blppd cancer anything. Also general feels thread
>>
How much time do you have left, are you in pain?
>>
>>684209696
Do you like berserk?
>>
>>684209833
Oh I'll live. But god damn, I don't want to see anybody else going through this. It's fucking terrible. I'm always in pain most of the time. I can't type very well because my fingertips have gone numb due to the affects of chemo
>>
>>684210073
Hell yeah dude, can't wait for the new season to come out this year. Looks pretty tight.
>>
>>684209696
Do you remember what post gave you cancer?
>>
>>684210701
It was the banana one
>>
>>684210383
How can a cool guy who likes berserk have cancer
Also having cancer has changed your personality ?
>>
>>684210701
Ironically, I was the type of guy that made cancer jokes often. It's really hard to believe sometimes. In the middle of the night even, the reality hits me hard "This is not fucking real"
>>
>>684209696
Are you going to die?
>>
>>684210191
not to sound like a dick but how are you so sure youll live?
>>
File: IMG_0185.jpg (155 KB, 460x1679) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0185.jpg
155 KB, 460x1679
I had stage 3 Hodgkin Lymphoma, I fucked that shit up and sent it packing. Stay positive, it helps a lot.
>>
>>684211160
Idk man, it fucking sucks. My personality huh. I don't want to sound like I have a lot of pride but, I feel like I can really connect to people and be more respectful. My teachers and friends also say I've been more stoic and quiet lately.
>>
>>684211774
Aww, that's really sad :'(
>>
>>684211774
Really? I'm stage 2B Hodgkins Lymphoma. I guess we're lymphomies?
>>684211539
Oncologists say that since I'm mad young, I have a good fighting chance
>>684211414
Hopefully not dude
>>
File: IMG_0022 (2).jpg (50 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022 (2).jpg
50 KB, 540x720
>>684212386
What chemo are you on? I did AVBD for 6 months with treatment every other week. I was 30 when I had it. Got any cool tumors? these were some of my tumor buddies
>>
>>684211774
Fuck, a few months back I found a lump on my armpit. I was freaking the fuck out because I was sure it was lymphoma. I was thinking about how I was gonna have to cancel my vacation in the fall, how my hair would fall out, couldn't sleep the whole night.

Made an appointment to go in and see my doctor first thing, turned out it was just a minor infection. Took antibiotics for a week and the lump went away.

Was scary as fuck at the time. My stepdad has stomach cancer, I thought my mom was gonna have to deal with me having cancer too.
>>
>>684209696
With our increased lifespans and heightened exposure to chemicals and radiation in day to day lives, almost all of us are gonna get cancer at some point, OP. Hang in there.
>>
>>684212829
You should really google to see where your lymph nodes are before you freak out over something like that. The ones in my neck swell up all the time.
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>684212829
lol, when I first noticed the lumps in my neck I webMD'd that shit and saw it could be several things including lymphoma but I thought too myself 'no way its cancer.' 6 months later finally saw a Dr and he sent me out immediately for a chest xray and neck CT scan.
>>
>>684212386
ah ok just curiousity.... I had testicular cancer that spread to my lymphnodes...... still was a 85% "cure" rate.... I went through chemo like a champ.... everybody kept treating me like a child, i was waited on hand and foot... i cried only twice.... once after my surgery to remove the testicle and second a month after finishing treatment because it suddenly hit me and i was scared that it would come back. Being faced with a life threatening illness just to survive can be a very scary experience. If you dont smoke weed then maybe you should start. I always thought people who claimed weed helped with nausea were full of shit until i did chemo.... I took a $300 pill every week before i started my round of chemo and two different kinds as needed and all sucked ass compared to weed.... if i felt sick i could hit a bowl and it immediately subsided. Good luck, I wish you all the best.
>>
>>684212714
I'm sure I'm on AVBD as well. You should see my fucking prescription list. I was given like 3 types of Zantac just for nausea. I'm 18 man. I had a catheter that connected to one of my arteries and they just stabbed it and there went my chemo. So no constant needles and shit, just get stabbed in the chest with a 2 incher every cycle or so. I'm pretty sure I was 6 cycles
>>
>>684213215
I did google it. A lump in your underarm can be a symptom of lymphoma. Didn't help that the infection was itchy as fuck (another symptom) and it was hot that night, so I was sweating (night sweats is another symptom). It was basically a conflux of coincidental symptoms that made me think it was more than it was.

My lymph node actually was inflamed, it was just due to an infection rather than a tumor.
>>
>>684213570
did you refuse to get a port? I decided i didnt want to get something so permanent and told them to find a vein... by the end of my treatment I was getting stuck five or six times before they could find a viable vein to use... went from inside elbow to top of hand.... the is testicular cancer guy for an fyi
>>
>>684213051
No... most animals get cancer at a similar rate to humans. It's just natural selection working within the body.
>>
>>684213622
yeah thats a port.... itll leave a mean scare supposedly... i didnt get one... I had the lady turn my drip up as far as she was allowed becaise I didnt want to sit around waiting all day
>>
>>684213614
Thanks dude, I'm really between worlds on medical marijuana and straight chemo. But since you have, did you do the charlottes web? Is that what it's called?
>>
>>684213570
That sucks. That's why I wanted to go in right away. I figured if it was cancer, I wanted them to catch it as soon as possible.

Like I said, my stepdad has cancer (and a really bad kind of cancer at that), so I guess it was kind of on my mind.
>>
>>684213622
I chose not to have the port done, my veins are a little harder to get with a needle now but Im ok with that. I had zofran for nausea and it worked ok for me. I would go in on a monday for treatment and about half way into the 6 months I started throwing up once every time I would get treatment but never after until next treatment 2 weeks later. I would leave there feeling pretty bad, Tuesday I would feel crappy but would go to work, Wednesday I would feel pretty bad, I started taking those days off work after a few months cuz it got bad and Thursdays I was terrible, always took those days off. I would wake up friday and feel 90% better and be more or less fine until the next treatment.
>>
>>684214349
i have no clue what the fuck you mean by charlottes web hahaha
>>
>>684214275
Yeah, I just got my port removed about a month ago and it's really slow on healing up. I have some scars that I got from scratching a lot. On the long days, I stayed for 8 hours. I also had radiation right after chemo
>>
>>684214349
i just googled that.... ive never heard of that... i just smoked weed because it helped with the nausea way better than any medication... i didnt use weed as a treatment for cancer... even though ive heard it has cancer fighting properties, i wouldnt stake my life on weed vs actual medicine
>>
>>684214962
Yeah for sure, and I'm pretty sure Johns Hopkins wouldn't allow me to even if I wanted. Hopkins is a great place. It's sad to see the children in oncology man. It really hurts
>>
File: 1462679902702.png (372 KB, 514x524) Image search: [Google]
1462679902702.png
372 KB, 514x524
It's ok OP.
I've already come to terms with myself that I will be that one average clown always there to cheer people up when they're feeling down. Yet, forever be a lonely virgin left to die and rot alone. A price I must pay for my past decisions like a curse.
>>
>>684215420
Did you lose your hair? mine never fell out all at once, just got thinner over time. I actually didnt shave my head until after I finished chemo just cuz my hair was getting a little too thin.
>>
>>684215420
yeah whenever i got sympathy from people it made me feel guilty as fuck..... here i am a 22 year old with an 85% chance of being "cured" and there are 5 year olds who are terminal..... by 22 I had lived life to almost the fullest... the best times of my life were 15-22... I had my fair share of girls and drugs and didnt regret a thing but this poor child who is literally dying while people watch will never get a chance to make some of those pivotal choices in life... thats why I tell most people I know that if they really want to help then donate bone marrow, it could save a kids life.... yeah it hurts but dying hurts more
>>
>>684215860
not op but i shaved my hair short and after the second of four rounds i shaved it with a razor because i could pinch it out and it became a nervous habit and started to look stupid. But at the start of chemo i shaved my beard completely and it didnt grow a millimeter until i finished chemo
>>
>>684215860
I lost all of my hair. Fucking everything, you name it man. I asked my dad to shave head after 4 cycles in. I was Kojak for a while. But now I have a baby Caesar, short but it's growing slow and steady
>>
I remember my grandpa, he was the coolest dude I ever knew. He was always nice, always helped me with understanding new things etc. then one day he was diagnosed with cancer (can't remember which) we grew close together (although we wouldn't see eachothother too often). I was 9 when this happened. You could say he was my best friend. Then all of a sudden at school my parents come by and tell me what had happened, me being young and all didn't understand what had happened. couple years later I realize who I had lost, in recent weeks this had come to me. And I regret going into the car when I was at the funeral because I found it "boring" I will never forgive myself. I feel for you anon, I hope the chemo will end fast so you can go about your wonderful life. Also, too lazy to greentext.
>>
>>684216096
My parents would tell "if they can do it then you can do it too" that shit would stick with me throughout treatment. Sometimes I would breakdown, and I felt it too. Just overwhelming sadness because of what has happened
>>
>>684215733
The hospital clowns are most sickest shit. They came to this kids party for having done chemo and they just made that kid feel like a champion. An absolute survivor.
>>
>>684216475
I sincerely thank you dude. I'll do my best if you do yours.
>>
>>684217365
Thanks dude, have a nice evening and a wonderful life ahead of you! :) was nice sharing something for the first time.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.