Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Ritalin Real Life Experiences with Autists and Aspies. Just got

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
File: th.jpg (7 KB, 279x146) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7 KB, 279x146
Ritalin Real Life Experiences with Autists and Aspies. Just got prescribed this for my OCD/ADHD and I gotta know if it's gonna fuck me up. Help a /b/ro out.
>>
bumpity bump
>>
Not much experience with Ritalin(Methylphenidate), but my friend is prescribed 3x 10mg Focalin(Dexmethylphenidate) IR a day, and he said it is far more addictive than when he was prescribed Adderall, but he gets so much more done.
>>
You mean to tell me NONE of you faggots have ever taken this shit?
>>
>>684130676
Does it stop him from being compulsive?
>>
>>684130029
was on ritalin as a child
kinda puts you into a haze
like you know how you feel when you first wake up? and you just kinda go through the motions without really thinking about it?
its kinda like that
it also destroys your appetite

that's what i can remember about it
>>
He will occaisonally give me a few, ill usually snort 20mg, only lasts 2-4 max but it makes me less tweaky than adderall, and instantly clears my head.
>>
>>684130679
>implying 4chan/b/ contains anything but Old Men and 12 year old Edgey Kids now so have any experiance with ANY real medication that isn't for their oldman hearts
>>
>>684130803
He doesnt have OCD, just severe ADHD, and it helps him stay focused when he needs to, but if he isnt actively doing something he will just pace and talk endlessly.
>>
>>684130877
what happened when you stopped? I'm already tweaky as hell, and the doctor said this would slow me down a bit.
>>
>>684130877
I will agree that Ritalin and Focalin fuck with my appetite way more than adderall, but atleast IR Focalin/Ritalin dont last as long.
>>
>>684131052
was on it from 1st or 2nd grade till 5th grade when i chose personally that i didn't want to be on it any longer
i was in classes to help me learn personal boundaries, self control, etc which really did help alot, i mean it seems cheesy as hell being an 8 yr old holding a hoolahoop around you and learning about personal space etc but it really did help.
There was a slight withdrawal after stopping pretty much cold turkey but i was determined that i didn't want to take a pill twice a day so i could be "normal" besides acting hyper because of teen edginess i was able to still focus enough to get work done, and years later i rarely have any kind of hyperactive or attention problems

the best medicine for ADHD is self control, i cant speak about ocd but from my perspective with ritalin i was happier without it, and with the right classes and education on self control and focusing your energy towards productivity and getting your work done it really isnt that hard to live your life without the use of pills

this is only my opinion on adhd
if a doctor prescribed this medicine dont just think he is a quack
just tell him you are worried you may not like the sideeffects but you are willing to give it a try for a month to see how it goes
most doctors will be 100% understanding of this
>>
>>684131052
If you are already "tweaky", this shit will fuck you up. Save your own time, money, and possibly life. Don't mess around with that shit.
Source: Fellow "Tweaky" Former Ritalin user.
>>
>>684130029
It is great. I get lots of shit done with no negative side effects
>>
I have 2 sonds, 11 and 6. The older one has ADHD and ASD. He's on concerta 54, which lasts for about 8 hours. If he misses his meds he can't concentrate on anything and school is a waste of time.

>>684131770
>the best medicine for ADHD is self control
negative. The harder forms of ADHD mean that the sufferer is completely unaware that they are acting any differently from anyone else. To exercise self-control implies the person with ADHD knows what they should act like, and in most cases, that's impossible
>>
>>684131956
i feel like this is due to misdiagnosis
i see so many children diagnosed with adhd or some shit and put on pills because they are hyper
and its like yeah but they are children they are supposed to be hyper, its in their nature

the way ritalin and adhd pills work is by messing with the chemicals in your brain so they function the way they are meant to when there is a deficiency. but when you give those pills to a child that is just hyper for the sake of hyper and there isn't any kind of imbalance in those chemicals well the pills create an imbalance fucking your shit all up

if you legit have adhd the pills act as downers
if you dont have any form of adhd or imbalance they act as uppers

basically all those kids that were misdiagnosed because they acted like kids were, in a sense, put on low level psychedelics
>>
>>684130029
Make sure you regulate your appetite. Ritalin may make you think that you're not hungry. Also, keep your dosage and tolerance in check, unless you want to be chemically dependent. Keep in mind though, that there's not as much risk for chemical dependency as opposed to Adderall (dextroamphetamine & amphetamine) or Desoxyn (methamphetamine) however there is some risk.
>>
I've been on various forms of Ritalin from 2nd grade through sophomore year of college
currently a 4th year junior

I found it helpful up through senior year of high school
in college, I was on 54mg daily, and the side effects started fucking with me
appetite loss was bad, because it was followed by ravenous hunger after it wore off
I tended to overeat
I also started getting feelings of unreality and bizarre otherness

but, during the two years in college I was still taking it, I wasn't taking it properly, I was abusing it, insuffulating it, taking it irregularly, doubling doses, etc

my advice, take it if it helps and stop and talk to your doc as soon as side effects get bad
work with your doc on how to mitigate and manage side effects

Ritalin and other stims like it are powerful tools and can be very helpful, but they can also be very negative if you use them wrong (like I did)
>>
Hello i got some brain waves stuff illnes when i was a child but since my parents are both doctors they declined to used any of pills like ritalin prozac. instead i did something called neurofeedback it helped to me focus on things.
but its effect last 1-2 years then while im at highschool my grades were sucked . and last year in highschool i used ritalin . It was 1 pill before an exam then 1 month later it was not enough changed to 2 pills then changed to 36mg concerta when it was not enough peaked at 54 mg concerta . it really helped to me focus on classes and i did good on uni exam. stopped taking pills at summer but my life was like " bad " . 3 months of idle. at 1 st year in uni i took concerta only in exam days and got 3.7 GPA now im not taking any of them ( 3rd year in uni) . im making obvious mistakes in exams etc but its worth .
if you want to achieve something start using them but if you prefer your health and mental health dont use them.
[email protected] is my e mail ask what you want
>>
>>684132498
yeah i already fuckin knew that
why do you think i was signed up into all the extra classes just to learn how i should act because as you stated i was unaware of what the correct way to act was

you act as if im telling that person to learn self control all on their own, as if they can magically give themselves the answers
not what i was saying at all
also thanks for trying to tell me what i went through with ADHD as if because of your sons you know exactly what goes through their heads
>unaware are acting any differently from anyone else
i knew damn well i acted different, the other kids even made sure i knew when i got the crap beaten out of me for it
adhd isnt liek some kind of mental retardation making you oblivious to your actions or how you are different from others
you still have full faculty over your mind
however you just cant help but impulsively do things, fidget, easily distracted by noises or sights, etc.

go ahead and keep telling me your opinion on what growing up with adhd was like and what worked best for me tho
>>
>>684132590
it's not quite accurate to say stims act as downers for people with ADD

people with ADD don't have an excess of energy or a deficiency of attention, it's a deficiency of executive function

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQu-OPrzUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpF2_IelWo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_hHNTDdgIU

this video series is stupid long, but has a shitload of information
if it's too long, look up some other videos with the same speaker
>>
Helped me A LOT to be functioning adult. I'm 33 and take Ritalin for 2 years now. Thought I had grown out of ADHD - turns out I didn't, I just got good at hiding it at great mental cost.

What's good: Lost 40 pounds, got promoted two times at my job, applied for university (computer science) on grounds of ADHD and work experience and doing well (school was a trainwreck). Taking Ritalin gives me a slight feeling of everything will be okay and enables me to stay awake and focus during monotonous tasks like driving long distances.

What's bad: If I take Ritalin too late during the day I have trouble falling asleep. It also kind of gives me ED. It's really hard to stay erect after taking Ritalin. And I have the slight suspicion that I had an easier time getting to know people and women - maybe I got a little more reserved? Idk.

That being said Ritalin side effects are different for everyone, it seems.
>>
>>684133590
well put
thanks for the sauces anon
watching now

and i know wasn't the most accurate way to describe it, just the way it seems to me based on how i felt while on the medication and those who weren't prescribed it acted or told me they felt while on it.
>>
all i know about ritalin is my friend has been taking it since he was like 8 year old or so (18 currently) and he is like a walking vegetable, the most stupid person i know completely unable to form his own thoughts... whether he is just a stupid fuck or if it's because of the drug i cant tell you buy i thought you should know this
>>
>>684134091
forgot to mention it is for his adhd
>>
>>684134168
Ritalin doesn't cure stupid, it just allows you to focus.
>>
>>684130029
It will potentially over stimulate parts of your brain and can cause long term problems ranging from nerve damage to stunted growth. This does NOT happen in everyone. It can also result in mood swings or... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate#Adverse_effects
>>
>>684130029
The tics can get worse... and after a long enough time may never go away.
>>
>>684134381
He's focusing on being stupid.
>>
>>684134665
I would argue that overstimulation occurs in people with no need for MPH in the first place. The kind of kid who's just active and whose parents decide to shut him/her up with Ritalin.

A student I study with tired Ritalin once to see if it would help him study. It didn't. He became really nervous and fidgety, unable to sit still, all that. I think that if there is no need for it you do, in fact, overstimulate yourself.
>>
>>684130029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0SHflAfJwo
>>
File: Advice.jpg (229 KB, 700x958) Image search: [Google]
Advice.jpg
229 KB, 700x958
ADHD all my life, started taking 10mg 3 x day when I was about 35 y/o.

College dropout but In the span of few years
Complete bachelors degree
Complete MBA
Double salary to over $100K

I stopped taking it regularly, just keep it around in case of emergency/crisis where I really need my shit tight. No real side effect, no bad withdrawal, no real problem. Keep my prescription up and give them to friends.

Probably not the right thing for everyone but it was for me.
>>
>>684134987
With many mental health medications there is a period which your body needs to adjust to the new drug before the desired effects kick in. Most well-known are antidepressants but stimulants also need time to achieve the desired effect. You build a tolerance to just about all drugs, just like fun drugs. Which is why many people go through multiple medications over the course of their affliction.
>>
My brother got fat as hell from that stuff. Helped a bit though.

My friend get's it prescribed as well and only uses it to study. It does help her to study.

Tried it once myself (Already being calm as one can be) and really nothing happend.
>>
Of course it varies from person to person, but my advice is take it easy OP. I never took them myself, but a few friends of mine did it for years in high school. One of them in particular was taking 50 mg every day, and after two years of that he just wasn't the same. This guy has terrible ADD, and while the pills helped him pay attention in class he started to become a different person. On a normal Friday we'd be hanging out with the gang, and while the rest of us were excited to smoke some weed and enjoy the weekend, we could barely get a reaction out of him. He has since stopped taking pills and he's back to normal. Do what you want with my advice, but if you start to notice that your mood and mindset is suffering from it, stop taking the pills immediately!
>>
>>684130029
My brother got fat and turned into a couch potato who stays at home and plays video games all day despite being in his 20s or some shit now. He literally turned into the chubby white pale neck-bearded shut in who stays home with an enabling single mother.
>>
>>684135555
Seems like you are me ~3-4 years in the future. I'm that 33 year old guy from a few posts up. Hope it works out as well for me, too.

That feeling of finally being able to do all the things you always thought you should be able to do is piceless, though.
>>
>>684130029
ritalin doesn't do much
source: experience, got adhd myself
>>
>>684132590
The bit about it acting like downers for ppl with genuine ADHD or ADD and uppers for those who don't is completely true. I take Adderall, yet don't really have ADD or anything and they make me tweak.. Super high energy and get so much done. However my older brother who genuinely has ADHD, took Ritalin growing up in the 80s and has taken my Adderall before, shit acts like xanax for him. Benzodiazaopines also do the opposite for him as well. Must have something to do with brain chemistry?
>>
File: 1462651158830.gif (2 MB, 360x264) Image search: [Google]
1462651158830.gif
2 MB, 360x264
>>684130029
Just drink coffee, or are you really so weak minded you actually BELIEVE that you have some psychic impairments that REQUIRES amphetamines in order to be *normal*.

Please define *normal* and stop being an idiot, do it to get high but for gods sake, don't believe for a second that this shit is going to make you a better person.

That comes from inside.

/thread
>>
>>684136904
Can't /thread your own post faggot.
And some people genuinely need medication to function properly. If you don't, congrats. However you have no idea what you're talking about. So maybe just not take the time to write a reply like that regarding something you know nothing about? Seems logical to me.
>>
>>684132498
jesus fucking shit doesn't 54 fuck him up too much?
>>
>>684130679
I'd love to try it, just haven't found any place to get it.
>>
>>684136747
Yes. It DOES have to do with brain chemistry.
But not what you think. Benzos are typically GABA drugs much like alcohol. You are giving the guy liquor in a pill. (Used to take these by prescription for years.) Adderall is a powerful stimulant... and already being wound the hell up it's raising dopamine and norepinephrine amongst other chemicals.
>>
>>684130029
aradix and ritalin are fucking awesome man!!! jus take it with a lot of water, before meals and u'll see the difference.
>>
>>684137660
Doctors office
>>
>>684130679
i take aradix 4-5 time per week
>>
>>684130029
Got a buddy of mine with ADHD who had to take that shit during his childhood. supposed to be just a few weeks, he hardly functioned when dosed up. and that turned into years and now hes pretty fucked up beyond repair
>>
>>684130029
More then likely, it fucks with your dopamine levels and prevent reabsorbsion of your current dopamine that is released, so when it where's off u feel not yourself since your body is trying to replenish your dopamine levels but if u do it everyday it gets harder for your body to replenish it and then u get dependant, and could create serious psychological problems that could take u years to recover from
>>
>>684132498
I always knew what normal is. I just found myself unable to emulate it. It took me an enormous amount of mental energy to fake being normal, all the while being unaware that there is a fundamental problem with how my brain works. I thought I was just useless, damaged, good for nothing, whilst people around me lead normal, productive lives like I should have, too. It was hell.
>>
>>684131770
then ur case is not so serius, u were just a misbehaviured kid......check the way aradix acts in your brain, is all correlated with motivation, with no motivacion there is no self control.
>>
>>684138112
Worse. It also raises norepinephrine levels and is a mild serotonin antagonist.
>>
>>684137665
So would you say that these uppers can actually be beneficial for someone like my bro... And he should avoid the benzos? He currently takes Lexapro for GD/GAD, and also takes Ativan for break through anxiety which in his case gets really bad. My mom was a nurse for 30+ years, basically a doctor, and she thinks he'd do much better on Adderall than benzos. He owns his own business and is super functional but I can tell he struggles with the anxiety like crazy every single day.
>>
>>684138558
It might help. But you need to keep an eye out for any mood swings, behavioral changes, and make sure they get brought up. He may need to change doses, he may need to change meds. Definately avoid benzos if they didn't help the first time, the rest of the drugs in the hypno/benzo/sedative class will all act in a very similar fashion. They are also highly additive. And he may need professional help to get off of them later in life if he chooses to.

What you want to look for is that if the drug is right and working for him, he should find himself on one drug at a stable dose.

If you start seeing dosage creeping up or meds changing regularly with little to no improvement, then you should be concerned.

I would recommend only take meds he NEEDS and at the lowest dosage he safely can.

Also look up "Talking back to ritalin" but bare in mind this book is about worse case scenarios, but it has a lot of great info.

"Drugs and the Brain" by solomon snyder is a bit rambling and outdated (published in 1986) but also has some good info.
>>
>>684139504
Thanks dude. Seriously. I appreciate your input. I'll check all that out. Cheers fam
>>
It's cocaine for kids.
>>
>>684140769
No problem.
>>
>>684130029

Aw man nice score, back in highschool I would always save up my alza 36 pills they get you high as shit/fucked up. I would run my best track times on norco and alza 36 I would buy off autist freshman
>>
>>684130029
I've been on Adderall for a month now. Never tried Ritalin, just got the dx of ADD. Been on around 20+ meds for bipolar disorder and nothing would work for the mood swings. Just went up and down from feeling ok to a living hell with no cause. Ended up getting on the adderall and feel like a new person. Went from an episode almost everyday to having 1-2 in the entire month. To everyone who will say ADHD/ADD isn't real; I don't know if it is, all I know is that something is finally working. I know that taking amphetamines everyday will make almost anyone with or without it disorder feel good; but I don't care.
>>
So?
I was prescribed Ritalin for years when I was a kid. This was b4 ADHD was a common diagnosis.
Stopped by myself at age 12. Told 'em to Fuck Off! Am 50 now.
Can't say life has been easy. I did, however, self-medicate in the 90's with, well, a lot of meth; but it didn't help. Now, I find myself unable to concentrate, but I have two daughters, ages 15 &12, that I've been raising all on my own for 11 years (long story), and yes, I'm homeschooling. No, I'm not weird as fuck, but close to it! I love my kids, love to hunt, fish, garden, regular guy; but I seemed to get along better with other humans when I was on the Ritalin, and yes, even the meth! WTF is wrong with me /b/?
>do your worst. I'm used to it.
>>
Ritalin gave me hallucinations and psychosis.
Adderall does not.
Ymmv
>>
>>684141959
Get on Desoxyn it's actual pure pharmaceutical methamphetamine. Just go to a shrink tell them about your past and whats up. Don't mention drug use.
>>
>>684141959
Ritalin is basically meth, good for you though dude
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 215x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 215x280
>>684130029
>2016
>Ritalin
>not using cocaine
>>
>>684130905
>instantly clears my head.
So does Afrin
>>
>>684130029
Ritalin use in my adolescence led to me developing parkinson's symptoms in my late teens, I have to take a dopamine agonist now to keep from shaking.
>>
>>684130029
OP, from what I have heard from other people who are prescribed Ritalin, the side effects and severity can vary greatly from person to person. Some reports I have heard are feeling nauseous, "not like themselves", and so on. However, as I have been taking Ritalin for many years (was on Concerta first as a kid, switched b/c it fucked with my appetite) for my ADD, I haven't experienced these side effects, or at least not to the degree of some report.

In other words, there is no sure way to know except to trust that your doctor knows what he is doing, take them, and see how your body fares.

Just keep in mind that Ritalin and the like are NOT depressants, but are stimulants that work by stimulating a part of your brain to increase/maintain alertness and attentiveness.
>>
don't take that garbage. Just train your mind to focus using meditation and/or practicing martial arts.
>>
>>684142738
stimulating a part of your brain to increase/maintain EXECUTIVE FUNCTION
>>
>>684142318
>Desoxyn
Tell me about it. How can I get a doctor to prescribe it? Seriously.
>>
>>684143247
I really don't think you're going to have much luck there. Probably won't even be able to find a pharmacy that will order it for you.
>>
>>684143247
Well, it's very very very rare to be prescribed. Since it's an amphetamine just like Adderall and all the others I would personally just try to get on another more prescribed one. Only difference with the methamphetamine that I can think of would be a higher addiction factor.

>>684143487
I agree.
>>
>>684141959
You got issues with your tissues.
>>
>>684143247
Apparently all you need to do is fidget in kindergarten then tell them the other drugs aren't working. I know for a FACT you can give yourself severe TBI and get a prescription for it though... but I know that cause a friend of mind got addicted to it, went crazy, now he's a one armed dude in prison. Not cool.
>>
first time shooting heroin.
you know what...its fucking great!!!!
>>
>>684143487
Thanks, then.
I guess I'll go get some more alcohol.
That should help!
>NOT
Nonetheless, that should be fun!
And homeschooling will be ever so much better, faggot! Thanks for your help.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 405x279) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 405x279
>>684144412
Be careful you don't end up like.
>>
>>684130029
Nut up and do meth like a man
>>
>>684144412
You know this is going to be the death of you right? You should seek help now.
>>
File: req8.jpg (121 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
req8.jpg
121 KB, 960x540
>>684144412
Careful.
>>
>>684144624
Underrated.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.