Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

If you delete system 32 from your computer is that action traceable?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 540x960
If you delete system 32 from your computer is that action traceable? I want to do it to my work computer so I don't have to do shit for the rest of the day but I don't want them to find out
>>
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>684114569
Fuck it do and if they ask deny deny deny
>>
I was in a similar situation, just drop it by accident. Much easier
>>
>>684115295
I really don't know though if it's not traceable then there really isn't much that could
>>
>>684114569
>If you delete system 32 from your computer is that action traceable?
Do you mean that when your IT comes to fix your machine, will they notice that Systenm32 is missing and will the system log show it was deleted?

Yes, they'll know and yes, it'll show the time it happened and which account was live
>>
>>684115526
Desktop computer, not laptop. A bit harder to physically destroy by accident
>>
File: 1460570969575.jpg (44 KB, 835x774) Image search: [Google]
1460570969575.jpg
44 KB, 835x774
>>684114569
No, there's no way to trace it, not yet anyway. Im surprised anyone from this site knows how to do that, quite a time saver.
>>
>>684114569
Fucking autism.

Tl;dr: yes it is traceable and unless you literally run a script before you load the shell you can't delete the entire system32 folder. You just fuck it enough for them to fire you.
>>
They can find out but it depends on whether they go looking or not. good luck
>>
Best advice you'll get here. This will get your fired.
>>
>>684114569
IT-guy at F.500 corp here. Can't really prove it to you though, you'll just have to take my word for it. Us IT-guys don't really give a fuck, we just re-install it another day.
>>
>>684114569
Slide letter opener or similar into psu fan to break it. It will overheat shortly and shut down. No need to even open the case and nothing to trace it to you.
>>
>>684115850
This guy knows, takes a long time
>>
if you had a credible IT department, it's really easy to fix
>>
>>684115850
Not going to do anything unless you hack at it like an animal. You can stop a fan forever and when you let go it just spins back up.
>>
>>684116023
So shiny and untouched. Still in its wrapper.
>>
>>684116073
Easy to fix is fine but it won't be done today. The IT dept is only located at corporate so they'd have no way to fix it quickly
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.