Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Ask a high level player of smash 4 anything

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 560x800
Ask a high level player of smash 4 anything
>>
>>684249462
Who do you main and what do you think of Shulk
>>
>>684249517
I main Sonic. Shulk can be good but he's pretty difficult to use at high play, having to know which monado to use in moments can be a log to ask for
>>
>>684249462
How does it feel to be a massive faggot?
>>
>>684249979
OP is always a faggot, so nothing new
>>
>>684249462
how can i get better at the game? i've been practicing tech skill for over a year now and i think my combo game is pretty good, it's still hard for me to get the high-level tech that the pros use. sometimes i think i'm good, but then i'll go to a tournament and get bopped, and then i'll feel like i'm bad again. recently i've been thinking if only there was some way i could be good at the game really easily without putting in the work, like if there was some "easy mode" without the need for tech skill i could be good at smash. like if there was some game with no l canceling or wavedashing (only for cheaters imo). if there was a character i could use that would secure me wins that would be awesome too, like if one character was significantly overpowered to the point that an entry level player could pick them up and win tournaments easily with copy+paste zero to death combos, that would be sick. know of any games like that?
>>
>>684250444
Checked for a fart eater
>>
>>684250444
I know you're being sarcastic but yeah, Bayonetta is pretty hard to deal with for mid-low level players. At high play you really have to know what you're doing
>>
Why don't you play the far superior melee?
>>
>>684249881
It's not that hard to know which monado to use. Most of the time you'll be using Speed since it gives you such a big advantage in the neutral game.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>684250929
Honestly no point in getting into the game with all the melee gods and Demi-gods. Melee is extremely hype to watch though
>>
>>684250998
Jump, Smash, Buster, and Shield all have their merits too. Speed is just the best one, but the others are worth using as well
>>
>>684251138
Speed no doubt gives you the biggest advantage in the neutral game. Jump is good for recovery of course, and can be usefd to chase someone to the top of the stage, Buster is risk/reward, Smash is obvious when to use, and while Shield is great to let you live for a while longer, the lack of speed makes you an easy target for some characters that can challenge your air game.
>>
>>684251063
Any interest in playing it for fun then? Or do you only want to be the best?
>>
>>684249881
>Sonic main
>High level player
Fuck off

>>684249462
What do you deem as high level? I'm third best in my state and I dont even consider myself as a high level player
>>
>>684251362
I've played a few sets against Nicko, who is arguably the best Shulk in the game. He does well because he understands his movement options, monado options, and can get crazy good strings in any mode. He would use shield against me to camp me and recharge his speed monado when the games got grindy
>>
>>684251362
As a "high level" shulk player I can tell you right now theres next to no point in using the shield monado. If it does stop you from getting blasted off the side, the added weight and gravity makes it extremely hard to recover. When I get to higher percents I just glass cannon it, play it safe and just lay in hits while clinging to the end of the stock.

The only advantage I've found with shield is at 70% you can get some nifty high ceilinged aerial combos going to string them back to the ground
>>
File: image.png (91 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
91 KB, 500x278
>>684251517
Melee is a hard game to play casually for me, I'd want to dedicate a lot of time to it in order to have fun with the game. Otherwise it feels sluggish and not fun.

>>684251583
I get top 3 at pretty much every tournament I enter, I'm in one of the most stacked regions (SoCal) and a stacked subregion of SoCal (San Diego) which I'm ranked 3rd in. I used to be ranked 11 in SoCal but I stopped attending LA tournaments due to school/work but I am looking to make it back on this season
>>
>>684251842
Yeah I feel you. Ive always landed myself in top 5 in tournaments I go to, and Ive even won a few. I've stopped attending seasons ever since bayonettas release though just because study load ramped up and I'm a little concerned Im going to lose my sheer intimadating play style at tournaments just because side B queen can just do whatever the fuck she likes
>>
>>684249462
What are your secondaries? And if you say bayonetta or sheik after maining sonic Im going to be very dissapointed
>>
>>684252022
The key to beating her is just camp her and force her to approach. Dont get greedy with your punishes and play a very grounded game. Punish whiffed divekicks since she gets a ton of landing lag.
>>
>>684252093
I dont have any true secondaries for tournament use, but I do like Mewtwo and DK a lot and I wish I was better with them
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.