Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

I'm seriously considering joining the military? Who here

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: military-logos.jpg (97 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
military-logos.jpg
97 KB, 1200x628
I'm seriously considering joining the military? Who here has been through it and wanna talk about it?

I have a friend who is personal trainer who said he could totally help me achieve this shit. I'm not completely out of shape or a retard; I believe I can achieve it.
>>
>>767797591
The fact that your not retarded might be a detriment to a military career. They're basically looking for moronic poor people to use as cannon fodder.
>>
>>767797591
Im in the Air Force, Cyber Systems Technician with a CompTIA Security+ certification. Free food, free housing, education and training, and i like what i do except id like to be stationed overseas soon. What do you want to know?
>>
>>767797591

What's there to achieve? That's like saying you can achieve being a felon. Ya no shit.

Really depends on why you want to enlist. If you are feeling patriotic, then sure, I guess. There's ways to be a patriot here. If you are looking for fraternity, go to college. If you want a job, get one that doesn't eat years of your life and disrespect you afterwards. If you want to feel like a badass, go to the gym and a gun range and move on with your life. If you think our current military engagements are ethical and you want to partake, talk to a fucking shrink.
>>
>>767797591
>I'm seriously considering learning how to kill people

k
Is this about the money? Go to a junior college and get into IT.
>>
>>767797591
>I'm not completely out of shape or a retard;
Just wait until you meet your DI
>>
If you can do 40 push ups you can get passed bootcamp easy. The military is a waste of time unless you go Officer route. Other than that you're getting shit on by higher ups for making suggestions that even remotely make sense.
>>
>>767798253
Air Force was a preference of mine. First off, during Basic, how exactly do you respond to your MTI or superior? Do you always say, "Sir Trainee Dumbass reporting as ordered!" whenever they ask you a question? or is it yes sir or no sir? Does your recruiter show you proper military etiquette (attention, marching, etc?). How did you study for the ASVAB? How long were you with the recruiter? I got loads of other questions.

Thank you airforceanon
>>
I've been in the Navy for 11 years. I make over $70k a year and don't really do shit except go to sea for 4-6 months a year. Shit is easy, just takes doing what you're told.
>>
>>767797591
join air force or coast guard, compared to other branches they take care of their people better.
t. someone who joined the army
>>
>>767799401
I was stationed on an Air base for 3 years a Navy, all I saw was Air Force not making rank and getting kicked out with little to no notice.
>>
>>767797591
If you want security you might as well be dead, to be alive is to be contending with the world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzPDWJtY-K0
>>
>>767799041
You'd get chewed out for saying "Sir Trainee Dumbass reporting as ordered!" Its actually: "Sir Trainee Dumbass reports as ordered!". Yes/no sir does not require reporting statement. You can ask your recruiter to show you how to march but i learned it at Basic. I watched a few YouTube vids for ASVAB and reviewed high school math formulas but thats about it. Scored 85 out of 99 on that test. Minimum to enlist for Air Force is 55, which is the highest requirement of all the branches.

Ive been with my recruiter for about 4 months. It may vary for others depending on whether their job opens sooner/later

This anon has good advice too >>767799401
>>
What branch are you interested in? I'm in The Marine Corps, Serving 4 years on my 2nd right now as an aircraft mechanic.
>>
>>767799134
Maybe in the Navy 11 years ago that's all it took but in today's navy when you're a junior Sailor its complete garbage the amount of shit you have to put up with. I almost got sent to Capt Mast for apparently signing off of Tags I'd never even done maintenance on, if it wasn't for my 2nd class having my back (cause the signature sure as hell wasn't mine) my LPO & Chief would've just left me to the wolves. Like I said earlier OP save yourself the trouble. Go to college first, then go Officer if you really want to join the military. Otherwise you're nothing but a fucking DOD #
>>
>>767799764
I'm still in, I'm a STS1 onboard a submarine. Never been to Mast, never been to Norfolk. My two goals. I'm doing a minimum of 20.
>>
I'm an electronics technician in the Navy.
It's fucking lit.

JUST DONT FALL FOR NUKE.

trust me. It's a trap.
>>
>>767799612
Even the Air Force isn't immuned to law violations such as underage drinking and smoking w33d. Wow.
>>
>>767800064
Why do they need nukes so bad and why does it suck so bad? They sent me a letter about it when I took the ASVAB in fucking high school. I actually ended up joining the army later when I was 21.
>>
>>767799862
I'm still in the Navy myself, San Diego, stationed on the Boxer. Honestly I wish I was at another command. This ship looks good on paper but tbh theres nothing but shitbags on board for the most part.
>>
>>767799698
STUDYING FOR THE ASVAB O-FUCKING-MEGALUL
>>
>>767799698
I'm pretty sure I can score higher than 55. Although I will have to review everything relating too it. I'll also be an E2 if I do decide to join; not that it matters but it's nice to skip a pay grade.

I'll correct myself with reports as ordered, not reporting as ordered.
>>
File: 1499857180717.jpg (13 KB, 171x208) Image search: [Google]
1499857180717.jpg
13 KB, 171x208
>>767800331
>>
>>767800406
Bro...almost no one starts as an E-1
>>
>>767800236
My ex wife's grand father was an E-Div nuke. He told me that if they offered Nuke to take it, it would be worth it later in life. I didn't much care for him so when they offered nuke three times in a row I turned them down. Ended up going SECF. Submarine Electronic Computer Field, basically it gives you a "choice" of four different rates. Not really, but whatever. I got the one I wanted. Now a days I leave work at the latest, on normal days, at like 1400. Nukes on the other hand are there FAR later and work a shit ton more hours for a better bonus, better advancement, but more bullshit.
>>
>>767800331
Why wouldn't you? You might be able to artificially lift your score up by a few points resulting in a better job opportunity.
>>
>>767800406
What jobs have you looked into? Dont ship out to Basic unless you have that #1 job on your list. You can tell the recruiter to fuck off if, say, #6 job opened up. I waited for my #1 choice to open and shipped out but it wasnt as long as most other ppl fortunately
>>
>>767800564
If you can't do well on the ASVAB you're fucking retarded.

The Army's retarded too, my first roommate was a dude with a fucking like 50 ASVAB score. They really need to start looking at that shit to decide to to room people with because I about lost my mind having to deal with stupid ass roommates.
>>
Seriously though, if you are interested go with this. Marines - Your life is going to consist of working out and Call of Duty IRL. Army - Woring out and Call of Duty IRL. Navy - Fucking off, seeing foreign countries, and being gone for months at a time. Airforce - Fucking off and possibly seeing foreign countries, Coast Guard - Not actually the military, part of the Department of Transportation (has zero respect in the military)
>>
>>767801017
What was your score?
>>
File: Phrogs.jpg (49 KB, 417x288) Image search: [Google]
Phrogs.jpg
49 KB, 417x288
>>767801153
>Navy - Fucking off,
Nope
>>
>>767800236

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Also highest suicide rate of enlisted navy, because it fucking sucks so much.
>>
>>767801474
Sure. How often do you actually do shit? Besides work out. When I was at 7th Fleet we did SAR maybe once in awhile. It's not something you do every day, but when you do do it, it probably sucks balls.
>>
>>767801017
>>767800957

I'm sure I'll do fine with the ASVAB, I'm not at all worried.

I'm not quite sure what job I'd like to do; anything to do with computers or electronics will do. I did see an MOS called Electrical Systems which peaked my interest.
>>
>>767801153
Yeah telling someone the Army & Marines are like CoD proves you got a low ass ASVAB score. Because A. You're either too stupid to realize how dumb you sound & B. Guess what happens in CoD? You Die, a lot. And unlike your avatar you only got 1 life kid.
>>
>>767798253
>free housing
sorry for sounding retarded but does does this apply after you'ved served or while?
>>
>>767801687
I finished highschool, barely, out of continuation highschool in 2012. I took the asvab in 2017 an scored a 90. Had I actually googled it before I took it, I'm sure I would have scored a 97+.
>>
>>767801687
I highly recommend studying for the electronics section of the ASVAB so that youll have a better chance at getting good jobs relating to that subject.
>>
>>767799764
I've never heard of this happening.
If it's not on your scheduled maintenance for the 13 week report, then why would they even consider it was you.

More so, why not see who actually did the maintenance on them because obviously it was that shipmate.
>>
>>767801355
90 something, I forget exactly
>>
>>767801629
The letter they sent me wasn't about being fucking enlisted, brother.
>>
I'm training to be a navy ET on the great lakes base. Not navy RTC side but the other half.

AMA

Yes I want to kill myself.
>>
>>767801756
Yeah, because you die. Like in COD you stupid fuck. Look at the statistics. You're far more likely to die in those two branches then any of the other pussy ones. There's a reason the ASVAB is lower for them.
>>
>>767802006
You don't have to be assigned to do maintenance in order to do a tag out. It could be corrective maintenance or just helping a ship mate out.
>>
>>767801850
While. For like the first year of enlistment you'll be living in the Dorms. For some ppl they leave the dorms quicker or later, there's no exact but im pretty sure everyone's out the dorms by the 24th month mark. Thats when they saturate your paycheck with "BAH" so you can rent an apartment outside of the base. Basic Allowance for Housing covers all of rent and utility bills as well as leftover money of which you keep.
>>
>>767802410
BAH is a set amount based on where you live. It's not given automatically after 2 years. Depends on the branch, some are after you make E5 or E4 over 4 years.
>>
>>767801983
I took electronics courses in college; so I can reread all my textbooks and see the electronics questions and math again. Wasn't all that hard in those days.
>>
>>767802410
if i was born in canada could i enroll in the British army?
>>
>>767801629
>>767800064
Shit my nuke paperwork just went through and I'm dep'd waiting on basic
They hammered into me that it's a lot of work but I actually want to go to nnptc and all the prestige and shit, is it really that bad?
>>
>>767802765
You don't have to be born anywhere specific to enroll in a particular country's military most of the time, but generally you do have to live there.

Unless it's the French Foreign Legion but even for that you still have to get your ass to France somehow.
>>
>>767797591
Militaries point is literally to turn out of shape retards into in shape brainwashed retards.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.