Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

GOD OF WAR IS JUST A SUPERFICIAL INTERACTIVE MOVIE. Remove the

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: AdmitIt.jpg (92 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
AdmitIt.jpg
92 KB, 678x960
GOD OF WAR IS JUST A SUPERFICIAL INTERACTIVE MOVIE. Remove the cutscenes and The Last of Us is rehashed, choppy, poorly paced Uncharted gameplay. Why do you brainwashed idiots keep falling for these "games"? The gameplay sucks and is nothing revolutionary. Go watch a movie, you'll like it better.

Actually think before replying with something incredibly stupid.
>>
I think people are allowed to like whatever type of game they want to like.
Also, I believe that in today's culture we have so many forms of entertainment and games to play that most people would rather play a game that is similar to a movie in which they can have a set polished experience rather than take time to learn intricate mechanics or gameplay
>>
If you're scanning over this thread and refusing to reply because this "conflicts with your personal beliefs", then you're no better than brainwashed Christians and Muslim extremists. its simply true.
>>
The story is pretty bomb though.
>>
>>767607108
who cares

only multiplayer games are about gameplay anymore
>>
>>767607728
An educated, non strawman comment.

>>767607938
>>767607821
Looks like OP is sadly right. Brainwashed peeps prefer shallow press X to do something gritty as opposed to actual engrossing game play.
>>
>>767607108
the gameplay is pretty fun, much better than the last of us
>>
File: 1523698669343.jpg (10 KB, 229x207) Image search: [Google]
1523698669343.jpg
10 KB, 229x207
>Goes on a rant about modern games
>Uses a image that shows games journalist being shills to call the community brain washed idiots.
>Bashes games for having more story.
>Spewing ideas that probably not even his own
What's the deal? Why are you angry?
>>
>>767607938
Completely false.
If you try playing something that isn't a AAA Blockbuster game, you'll see lots of good gameplay focused single player games
>>
>>767607108
You sound really asshurt.
Not an argument, just more of an observation.
Seriously, though, if you don't like it, then do something else other than posting on a swedish meatball tutorial website about it.
>>
honestly, nothing will be satisfying until we have a Holodeck.

we have VR, we have holograms and we have roleplay/acting.
when you smash all of it together you essentially get the Holodeck.

i think once we have technology that advanced, reality isn't even going to matter anymore.
you're gonna see people "checking out" without hesitation. VR coma.
>>
>>767607728
This. So glad someone in this godforsaken board has some sense. People can like different games and the world won't explode.
>>
>>767609037
>>767607728
Excellent argument. Unfortunately with the current trends in Western AAA gaming we may not see high-production, enthralling gameplay for quite some time. Publishers are too busy pushing the collectible formats or the pseudo-deep cinematic formats.
>>
File: 1506408351173.jpg (298 KB, 1200x1781) Image search: [Google]
1506408351173.jpg
298 KB, 1200x1781
>>767607108
But halo and half life sucked........didn't play thief so i can't say anything on it. God of war is fun. Just go play pubg or what ever pile of dog shit you like.

OP is a hipster fag.
>>
File: 3.png (83 KB, 249x271) Image search: [Google]
3.png
83 KB, 249x271
>>767609269
Eh, I believe things will get better. Or at least I hope so. E3, don't fail me now!
>>
>>767607108
>Just got finished watching battlefield earth for the 3rd time today
>>
File: yo.jpg (24 KB, 322x340) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
24 KB, 322x340
>>767609591
>But the perfectly balanced combat triangle, non-hallway maps, high player agency, and sandbox-driven action of Halo sucked.

Please see OP's post:
>brainwashed
>>
>>767607728
>I think people are allowed to like whatever type of game they want to like
That's literally just a fact, and the OP, despite being a massive faggot, wasn't trying to deny that fact. He actually does make a good point. The mainstream games these days are full of story-driven gameplay, rather than gameplay-driven story. Clearly your point is that it shouldn't matter, but it really does because this means that developers are getting lazy and transforming the game industry into the movie industry, essentially. You see, the thing that really sets video games apart from movies is their gameplay. This is completely obvious if you go back ~20 years.
But enjoy your "interactive" cinematic adventure, I guess.
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (320 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
320 KB, 500x278
>>767607108
>Plays Minecraft
>Spends 90+ hours crafting a 70 story dick and balls
>Calls it art
>Plays cod 12 hours a day
>Spends 52 thousand dollars on loot boxes
>Still screams "lag" and "cheater" when he can't get a single kill
>Still brags to his bro brahs about being a pro
>Twiddles his 2 inch to Nazi Gore scat furry diaper vore
>Calls all other fetishes "normie milquetoast"
>Wonders why he can't get a girl that isn't a freak
>Is OP
>Is a faggot
>Needs a life outside calling everything shit
>>
>Thread about hating video games
>Muh nostalgia
Did I click on /v/ by mistake?
>>
>>767608280
Holy fucking dick goblins you sound like such a faggotastical turdtanic retartican
>>
>>767610222
>gets trips
>has a decent, relevant gif
>devolves into complete ad hominem

Now in regard to the discussion, at least Horizon Zero Dawn polished up its derivative gameplay, for whatever its worth. i.e., if you haven't played a game of Zero Dawn's format before, then Zero Dawn is a must play.
>>
>>767610084
You're mostly right.
The AAA studios just pump out B movies with a little gameplay in there.
But i see a divide in the audience. I don't think most people who love games, who describe it as their hobby even pay attention to most mainstream games. They're playing indy titles and pumping hours into obscure and niche titles.
I think there are just two audiences that are attracting different types of game devs, the mainstream console kiddy types, and the more adult hobbyist.
And I say that with no disdain, people can like what they like, but "gamer" isn't rally a useful descriptor anymore.
>>
>>767607108
QTE
Quick Time(r) Event. found in SEGA dreamcast game shenmue and "shenmue II"

buttons (A, B, X, Y, up, down, left, right) are displayed on screen and you have to press them really quickly before the time runs out, otherwise you fail that QTE. sometimes you have scope to make a mistake (in a chase or fight scene) and sometimes you have to retry the scene again (falling off a plank or bridge high up in the air).

it's also a term of endearment used between davidoff and i. kind of like "cutie" but geekier.
"Man, I've done this QTE a million times and I still can't get it right!"
>>
>>767609669
E3 hasn't been interesting in like a decade
>>
>>767607821
Last of Us is nothing more than a sappy cookie-cutter coming of age with bloody zombies thrown in to be edgy.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>767607108
Deal with it fag
>>
>>767612606
>Wii u
Uhhhhhh......wut? Are you being a alltszimers persons
>>
>>767612606
you image is actually apt in terms of Nintendo leading the way to innovation over others. While it has its flaws, BoTW was a MAJOR boost to gameplay driven games, with its high player agency and sandbox driven action (aka its not an interactive cinematic narrative)
>>
>>767613346
Hello Nintendos secret AI program HEROHITO it is pleasant to converse with you again. How is the core temp maintenance going? Any more problems with the quantum processor?
>>
File: 130.jpg (115 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
130.jpg
115 KB, 680x680
>>
>>767614285
No my boys name is son
My daughter's name is girl
My wife's name is daughter
My uncle's name is ten inch Tony
Just had to get that off my chest
And out of my ass
A durkadurka durka boopadurka
>>
>>767615062
>>767614285
stop bumping the thread without adding to the conversation. its pathetic
>>
>>767607108
>High levels of player agency
>Halo
Kek
Yes, moving from checkpoint to checkpoint and killing things with your option of weapon that’s on the given level is so very immersive.

Pump the breaks on your nostalgia goggles. It’s just an FPS. It was the first one to do it, yes, but it’s not giving you more or less agency than the modern ones.
>>
>>767615165
Bumpity bump why did you say that now I have to stay here for at least another hour bumping it just out of spite to annoy you. Faggot. Yoar a turd bucket
>>
>>767615165
BOY!
>>
>>767615185
You don't get it. For the time, that was enough. At that time, it was still innovative. But that's where it seems to have stopped, was right around that point, and now we've reached the point where people just buy the same rehashed shit over and over on the mere promise that it's actually new and innovative.
>>
>>767615795
If the crux of your argument is a rationalized double standard, then doesn’t seem to me you have much of an argument, friend.
>>
>>767607108
But I like the games that are like movies...
>>
>>767609793
halo is so boring you absolute autist. from how you described it, halo is just a shittier team fortress
>>
>>767616488
You don't need bloated enhanced mobility to enjoy a game. This is why Halo 5 sucked.
>>
>>767617896
I just came here to call people faggot and rant about the Jews. Jews totally are Norse and want boi sex
>>
>>767617896
you mean OP made a more verbose and up-to-date version of "PS3 has no games"? unthinkable
>>
Chicago
>>
>>767615185
You have no fucking clue what player agency even means.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.