Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Chronic alcoholic thread, also jail thread. How many of you

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 13
File: images.png (4 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4 KB, 264x191
Chronic alcoholic thread, also jail thread.

How many of you are dealing w alcohol issues? What are your symptoms? How long have you been a drunk?

Have you been to jail? What were your charges? How was the experience?

A bit about myself... Chronic alcoholic here, get the shakes and heart palpitations, cold and hot sweats, dry heaving.. The whole 9 when I don't drink

Just trying to see if there are any degenerates like myself on /b/ right now... Come in and chat.
>>
>>715010450
Yo anon

Just quit. Never got too bad (imo) but I would spend every cent I had on liquor.

I was functioning, only did it for about 5 years (since the day I turned 21) but I luckily caught it in time thanks to other anons and people I knew who warned me.

There is help, if you want it. Not trying to preach mane, I been there....

Jail: No jail. Thk god I always lucky enough to miss the cops when I was headed home from parties/bars but usually I just stayed in and drank myself to sleep every fuckin night lol
>>
>>715010868
>>715010450
how did it start?
>>
File: 911gqXp.jpg (156 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
911gqXp.jpg
156 KB, 1440x1440
>>
Dunno if I would be considered a functioning alcoholic. Drink every weekend about 750mL of liquor, alone. Been doing this for 1 year and a half. Every night on the weekends drink myself to sleep. Don't have abstinence symptons, just headaches sometimes
>>
>>715010450
yes op. I have been. it wasn't pleasant. still didn't change me.

I get the shakes and anxiety first thing in the morning when i wake up. need to have one or can't function
1/10 would not recommend
>>
>>715010450
Do you want to keep drinking without the physical illness? Do you want to stop drinking and do something else with yourself? Or do you just want to die and get it over with?
>>
How old are you anon? Tell us more of your story?

I'm 50, and drink over a quart of bourbon every day. I don't shake or anything if I stop, and it hasn't really affected my life yet.....as in, no job issues or things like that.

However, I do know I drink way more than is healthy, and I revolve my activities around it. For example, I don't like to visit family or friends or go to events if I can't have alcohol.

I started drinking beer at 14 and just loved it. There's a history of alcoholism in my family tho, so I think I loved it a bit too much. In my early 20's I went through a religious-fag phase, which honestly probably saved my life and kept me from going batshit with it. When I got over being a godboy (around 24), I went back to drinking and here I am. Graduated from just beer to having a few beers followed by whiskey, to starting with vodka and finishing with whiskey....and now I strictly just drink bourbon.

As for jail, I've been arrested twice for DUI. Not much to it, just a night in jail and my fellow drunkard girlfriend bailed me out. A few thousand in lawyers fees later, and one of them was pled down to reckless driving and the other to open container. So I've been lucky there but it cost me a fortune.

The girl I'm with now doesn't drink quite as much as I do, but she's not far behind for her age / weight. She does shake sometimes but she has other issues and the shakes might have another source as well. So that's my deal....
>>
Not OP

I guess I would consider myself a functioning alcoholic. I tend to down at least a 1.75 bottle of whiskey a week. Ive stopped drinking for a few weeks at a time here and there mostly to prove to myself that I can stop if I wanted. No law issues here, just sit at home and get hammered, I'm antisocial. I get headaches, hot sweats, heart palpatations, but I guess I'm kidding myself by not attributing it to my drinking.
>>
>>715012194

This is me:

>>715013408

I'm much the same as you, but have been doing it longer. Honestly, tho, I don't have much doubt that it will get worse if I don't start addressing it.

With that said, my life is great and I like to drink so what's the problem?

>>715012397

Tell us your story anon? How'd you start and why? Any therapy or have you tried to quit?

>>715012992

OP seems to have disappeared but I'd be interested in an answer to this as well.
>>
Functioning 27 yo Alcholic here.

Drink a few beers on a bottle of red wine every night. As above anon said, i revolve my social life around drinking, i hit it heavier at the weekends.

Went through a period of drinking vodka with mixer at work, stopped when i got drunk in work and people noticed. Managed to play it off as being over tired. Never drank in work again.

Feel anxious as shit when i wake up every morning.

Never had issues with the law but done some shitty things when drunk that i get anxious and ashamed of everytime i think about everything. Then drink to dull the feelings. Vicious cycle.
>>
>>715013430

I've stopped for a day or two at a time, but can't recall the last time I went a few weeks. Same deal, though, as a result of my DUI history and a gf who is too young to legally drink, I stay at home and get hammered daily.

I have motivation issues, poor sleep patterns, anti-social tendencies, etc. And like you, I'd be crazy if I didn't attribute some of that to my drinking.

Not OP either, but you guys are interesting. Wish OP would return. Maybe he blacked out.
>>
>>715014030

Agreed on that vicious cycle, /b/ro. While my legal issues have been relatively minor, I've made an ass of myself more than once due to alcohol.
>>
This had the potential to be an interesting thread, if OP had stuck with it.

Oh well, I'll move on.

Best of luck, alcohol bros
>>
try baclofene
>>
>>715010450
20 years old right now and i'm just confused honestly so i drink myself till i throw up and don't stop, i can control myself but if any stress happens I go right to hard liquor, getting fucked up every single night. Hopefully I stop..
>>
How to cure addiction. Pack bag full of food and water. Get dropped off in a remote part of Alaska with a Guide to help. Obviously no cigs or alcohol. Survival to get out of the environment is your only choice fucker.
>>
File: korrae.jpg (43 KB, 552x760) Image search: [Google]
korrae.jpg
43 KB, 552x760
>>715010450
Define alcoholic. I don't get drunk everyday, nor do i get piss drunk everytime i touch alcohol, but it is my favorite drug and i do drink alot more than i should.
>>
>>715014176
Nice to hear someone with the same issues as me makes me feel better, motivation issues and poor sleep patterns are my biggest killer.
>>
Drink 6-8 (weak 3.5% alcohol) beers every weekday evening, sometimes a few glassen of wine as well. Weekends usually like a bottle of wine plus 8-10 of said weak beers or 5-6 strong beers (5.3%) Sometimes normal strong beer on weekdays but not often. Pretty much stopped smoking weed though, used to smoked about 4-5 grams per week. Last time I bought 4 grams of weed off a friend was almost 2 months ago. Have been drinking like this for about 6-7 years, smoked weed for 10 years. Starting to get a bit shaky hands during the days and I'm constantly tired. Doesn't feel good but at the moment I lack the willpower to stop. Have a family, oldest kid is soon 5. Almost never drink while she's awake though, only when I watch football (soccer for you murricans) and then I only have one or two. I do realise I need to do something about my drinking habit soon. Any tips?
>>
>>715010450
start doing coke, I can't afford booze nowadays
>>
File: 1478970137108.jpg (58 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1478970137108.jpg
58 KB, 720x960
Had a decent office job, sent to work at home. Drank and passed out numerous times, missed work a lot, eventually fired 2 weeks ago.

Drinking every day since, hoping some magical ray of sunshine saves me, I don't fucking know
>>
>>715015511

I'm with you on the hot sweats and other symptoms too. When you stop for awhile, how long does it take for things like that to normalize?

Like I said, I never stop more than a couple days at a time.
>>
Baclofen is being studied for the treatment of alcoholism.[10] While evidence is promising that it may help with alcohol withdrawal syndrome, as of 2015 it is not strong enough to recommend its use for this purpose.
>>
Bump
>>
>>715015591

I dunno, anon. Why did you stop smoking weed? Weed doesn't agree with me but I wish I could smoke instead of drinking so damn much.
>>
heart palpitations
headaches
GERD/acid reflux. pretty sure ive fucked my esophagus up
gained like 20-30 pounds

spent two one night stays in jail on different occasions for intoxicated in public and breaking a fire alarm (charges dismissed both times with some community service so not all bad..)

plenty of fights

dont drink as much anymore and trying to get my shit together. tons of really good times that outweighed most of the bad but getting old enough that its not really acceptable to be a drunkass anymore.

went from drinking 5-6 days a week for ~10 years to maybe once a week or every other week now. once i start drinking though its hard to stop until i am shithoused :(
>>
>>715015766
It's up to you, man.
>>
>>715016120
1. Just doesn't give me the same feeling it used to, in the end I would only smoked while drinking anyway cause I like the combo of weed and alcohol.
2. Weed is illegal (and kind of expensive) where I live so with the kids and all I don't want to risk it anymore.
>>
24 yr old.

always been a big drunk since high school but it was only at parties and weekends with people.
kept it up through college with the days becoming more frequent. when i graduated i also left a long term relationship and found myself getting drunk every night.
when i stop i get palpatations and shakes for a day, but i have chronic insomnia. the insomnia is the worst part about not drinking. I cant stand it and side effects start becoming increasingly worse due to lack of sleep. so i usually relaps after about 2-3 days.

just recently acquired xanax from the street. that helps tremendously. i use the xanax to sleep when im not drinking. went for about a week and had drinks with co-workers and ended up binging the whole weekend. so about to try it again this week.

wish me luck.

also no jail. 2 sobriety tests i managed to pass. my tolorence for alcohol was just too damn high that i can function even if im blacked out.
>>
Recently for a dui and since blew twice the limit got a machine in my car. I still go out usually uber or just ride with friends but I should stop soon. Also dui are expensive current 3500 to lawyer and like 90 bucks a month on that machine. Not worth it
>>
>>715010450
been drinking 7-10 beers a night for years
my only symptoms thus far are being fat as fuck, ive been doing this faithfully for at least 5 years, I went to jail for DUI, fleeing evading, 10 years ago, plan on quitting cold turkey today tho
>>
>>715016258

same guy here... just fill in some more details i guess

the two times i ended up in jail i blew 0.28 and 0.32

pretty sure the GERD/reflux problems are from funneling stupid amounts... whole four lokos, three beers at a time etc

6 years in the army plus alcoholism in the family definitely set me up for success
>>
>>715016608
and also got into fights, broke shit. have many scars on my body from it. ruined relationships and friendships. all around shitty drug. i know i can drink moderately, i just suck at it right now.

just need a rittle dicsiprin. and weed
>>
Anyone here who has stopped cold? How'd you do it, I don't drink during the week but I end up getting drunk on weekends and probably just wanna stop in all. All my friends drink and there's always beer available. Should I just stay my ass home till I get some self control?
>>
>>715017330

i just smoke a shit ton of weed now or drink coffee.

pretty shitty answer to replace one drug dependence with another but it works and they do less damage to your body
>>
>>715017330
i use other drugs to help tper from alcohol. also i set rules for myself once i stop for a week.

dont drink alone.
dont drink until after 9.
dont drink cheap liquor. (i think if you have to spend more money, it will help you stop)
learn to smoke weed. i used to smoke all the time. then stopped for a year and when i tried it again it was never the same. usually have to get buzzed before i can smoke to avoid paranoia and anxiety. but after i smoke my craving for alcohol fades. weed is helpful. usually smoke a spliff or a small bowl after 3 drinks and ill be fine.
>>
>>715017330
27 year old drunk here, been drinking strongly for about 6 years now. Managed to stop cold turkey a couple times only by going to AA. First time I lasted about 5.5 months, second time was shorter like maybe a month and a half? Been drinking like a fish since breaking up with gf of three years this summer, starting to worry it's time to go back to AA again before I get too fucked again. Just also scared that it's not going to stick. Their insistence on never drinking a drop, ever again, always made it hard to take seriously in the long-term. Also, religious bullshit.
>>
File: mgIieGO.png (46 KB, 1500x1383) Image search: [Google]
mgIieGO.png
46 KB, 1500x1383
>>715010450
Haven't had a solid shit in a year
>>
Used to drink a lot more than I do now. I'll go months without drinking now when before I was drinking 750 ml or more a night. What helped me was that I gradually weaned off over years to an acceptable level and replaced bad habits e.g. drinking with good habits which for me is working out.

In the end, weightlifting saved my life and made me into the (relatively) successful person I am today. Find something that takes up your time and is rewarding that will keep you from drinking
>>
I might not have much of a place here since I drink on rare occasions but as a recovered dust addict I know that quitting can be difficult but just go to meetings and pick up a habit like cooking or knitting, something to do with the time when you would normally drink, I know that drinking quiets this loud world a bit but you're ruining your own life and the lives of those who care if they're still around.

And some magical kind person isn't going to accept a raging alcoholic unless they are one themselves which is just a bond of intolerable chaos which leads to a bad end.

sorry for moralfagging on /b/ but I just had to say something, have a good evenin' lads.
>>
>>715016953
If you stop cold turkey, for sure you'll have withdraw symptons
>>
>>715018103
Different fag here. I have a habit and timeframe identical to his. One month ago i quit for a week cuz someone said I'd have withdrawals so i tested it.
My symptoms were as follows
>Bored
>Didn't have diarrhea for once
>>
I drink every day to varying degrees. It's just past noon, I have the day off, and I'm probably pouring a drink and playing dark souls soon, and won't stop until late tonight.

Been drinking more hard liquor lately (whiskey/vodka in particular). Beer makes me too bloated nowadays.

So far I haven't done anything crazier than going on Amazon shopping sprees after getting plastered, but I'm sure I have some health issues lurking my way. I've been drinking every single day for as long as I can remember, someones to feel happier, sometimes to feel sadder, but always to feel more.

The worst part is I've gotten so good at binge drinking by starting small and spacing my drinks out that I know exactly how to drink for 12+ hours straight without blacking out...
>>
>>715018402
I also smoke weed, sometimes a lot more than I drink (it's a cleaner more enjoyable high, the drunk is something I just always want as at least an undertone)

Might drink more than I smoke today though.
>>
>>715018353
yeah the diarrhea gets old, how are you sleeping, I tend to lay awake until the daylight if I don't drink
>>
>>715010450

Nope alchohol aint my thing, but i'm six months clean from xannax & heroin (withdrawl is the same as alchohol). Be prepared for literal hell. That's the only word I can use to describe the withdrawl. For a week I couldn't think, I was sweating, puking, didn't sleep for a fucking minute. Following week it was the same, but including shitting your brains out every time you attempt to eat.

The experience made me a better person, I no longer complain about anything, because I know what it was truly like to suffer and wish for death. You cannot compare any pain to two weeks worth of this hell. I thought about an heroing like 5 times, just so it would stop. But, life's fucking good since I got clean. I wish you the best OP, may god have mercy on your soul.
>>
>>715018765
I have That too, If i don't drink i won't sleep.. maybe 3 hours of sleep max before i have to go to work in the morning.
My herpes flares up more often than it should too.. probably because of the daily diarrhea spray fucking with my nutrients
>>
I'm functioning, I binge drink which is worse on the body im all most 29 now have a gf a house, decent job. When I started I has nothing like literaly now I find myself drinking because boredom.
>>
>>715019098
never had the pleasure of contracting an STD, whats your weight? age? by the way?
>>
I'm 34 and I've been getting pass out wasted almost every day since 18. I have 2 DUI's so I just don't drive, failed to complete the alcohol program for the second one because I was drunk at a court-ordered meeting. Got sentenced to 90 days in Los Angeles county jail, did 32. I kinda went in an arrangement with a family member on a house in my town and I partied so hard there that the family member just decided to evict me and sell the house.

I was homeless and had nowhere to go in my town, so I sold everything I owned and stayed on a friend's couch in Hawaii. The agreement was that I wasn't allowed to drink at all. I was going through withdrawls on the plane.

I completely sobered up and got a decent job with geeksquad. Got healthy, lost about 40 lbs and my beergut. A year later I got my own place in Waikiki and a girl I was talking to back home, came and moved in with me.

Then she fucked my friend that let me crash at his place, and I lost my job.

We broke up and I just drank myself to sleep whenever I woke up. Completely ran out of money, and moved in with my folks back in my hometown. I put back on all the weight, and am pretty much known around town as the local fuck up/drunk. I got arrested a couple months ago for trying to sleep in someone's car in front of their house. Last night I blacked out and kind of came to and i was in a random camper parked next to the bar, I got chased away by the guy who lives in it. Right now I'm wondering if I should expect to be arrested because the guy was pretty pissed and he might know who I am.

I'd an hero if I had the balls, but I also don't want to do the next cliche thing.
>>
>>715019326
140lbs 23yo. A girl blew me with a cold sore.. fucking gay. Thankfully its the wrong virus for genital so it's literally just painless redmarks that last 4 days without treatment
>>
>>715018047

This was nicely said. Thanks for your input, sir, sincerely. Best of luck in your situation as well.
>>
>>715019725
jesus... that's slim for an alchy
>>
>>715020195
I'm active still
>>
>>715017330
I did

Girlfriend and i are both alcoholics thus we've decided to do blood analysis a month ago.
Turns out, our AST and ALT (liver transaminases) were really fucking high. We took our time to decide to go cold turkey, and it happened, two weeks ago.
As for withdrawal, it is not as heavy as i expected, perhaps because i have a partner to share pain with, so i'd strongly advise not to do it alone if possible. If you don't have anyone privately, maybe you could try those group therapies, meet someone, hang out, i'm sure it will help.
>>
>>715010450

been a functioning alcoholic for almost 20 years. been arrested 3 times - all alcohol related.
>>
>>715019532
If you're homeless how come are you in 4chan? How do you get the money for a computer/phone + internet + alcohol?
>>
>>715020195

I knew a kid in college that was ~110 pounds, drank every day and almost never ate. a lot of the times when he ate any solid food he would puke.

he graduated (after like 6 years with a 2.0 gpa) and has a job now and still drinks every day

he would get shitfaced and get his ass beat all the time... pretty sad shit
>>
>>715020492
im 260+ fucking lbs man and almost 31 if it weren't for my kids id probably off myself
>>
>>715020492
See i still consume 2.5k cal and 130g of protein a day and still look like this ontop of alcoholism
>>
>>715020355
I live at my folks, use an old laptop. I still have a lot of friends who cover me at the bar because I'm still pretty fun to hang out with, but those numbers are shrinking for sure.

most people who know me around town just feel sorry for me and if I'm out, they'll usually send a drink or shot over.
>>
>>715010450

I get drunk every single night & drink all day & night on the weekends. I go through about 4 - 5 cases (24 pks) of beer a week.

it's rough now that I have kids.
>>
I drink between 8-12 beers day. Sometimes I throw whiskey into the mix as well. I shake in the mornings, but it kinda steadies as the day goes by. As for jail? Yes. Prison? Yes. I've had quite a few arrests. The most notable are 3rd degree arson and battery (not at the same time). Jail isn't really that bad and neither is prison as long as you kind your own business but stand up for yourself too.
>>
>>715020851
hello me meet the new me
>>
>>715021014

been doing this for a long, long time. I stayed sober for 3 days in a row in October & that was my longest stretch in years. I still make it in to work & get up with the kids but man there are some rough mornings
>>
>>715020851
If I had more money I would probably be in the same boat. Booze is a bit expensive in Canada, at least it seems more expensive than in the states, thats probably the worst thing about my habit is the fact that it sucks every cent from my wallet whenever I have money. Which isnt super often now that I was fired from my job for being a salty fuck every day due to being drunk most nights.
>>
>>715021257

yeah I'm in the liquor business so that doesn't help. I stick with beer ($15.00 a case in Chicago) 90% of the time but also get a lot of free "samples" of liquor to take home.

my kids aren't old enough to know what is going on but they will some day.....

I got arrested a few times when I was younger but I can kind of control my drunken behavior better now that I'm older.
>>
>>715021254
Same with me.. functioning, but the mornings im super dehydrated and spray epic diarrhea
>>
>>715021663
Yeah if you mean a case of 24 then that costs about $26 for the very cheapest shit here in Ontario (minimum wage here is $11/hour). I was working at a bar when I got fired so it was pretty much a given that I drank every day. Didnt get a deal on it though so it sucked my money even faster. Thankfully never been arrested, ive mostly just lost every friend ive ever had and fucked off on all responsibility. Been lucky with the law so far.
>>
>>715010450
drink usually a Micky of gin and bottle of wine or some beers every night.
Not sure if this enough to give me withdraw
last couple weeks ive been drinking a little more than that.
Getting back pains.
decided to drink only a couple beers a night for a while.
wouldn't really say im an alcoholic i just have issues with moderation.
>>
I'm a national guard soldier who is currently deployed and can't drink. Drinking is my favorite activity and its driving me nuts not being able to do it. All i want is for this to be over so i can go back home and go back to drinking again. I hold down a job just fine and make good money, I figure as long as i take care of my life and keep my job then it's not really a problem. Currently im taking dextromethporphan on my off days to fill the void.
>>
>>715010868
pretty much the same way but ive been at it since 18 and im alsmost 23
Shit is so expensive
>>
I drink about 3 40s of Mickeys a night. I get drunk, suck dick, and do really dumb shit. I do this for the last 10 years, going into faggot mode anyhway. I have been hospitilized for wanting to kill myself,
>>
>>715022189
Haha how old are you 19?
>>
File: 1465169859584.jpg (78 KB, 460x562) Image search: [Google]
1465169859584.jpg
78 KB, 460x562
>>715017627
God Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference
>>
>>715022982
what about my post made you think that?
>>
>>715023460
Dxm my friend
>>
>>715023808
nah im actually 27, its not something i really want to do very much, i just miss the drunk feeling enough that i'm trying to fill the void
>>
>>715017627
See that not a single drop shit isn't normal.. people don't do that. That farce needs to stop if people are to make progress. In sex addict meetings you're told you can never watch porn again.. wtf is that shit?!
>>
Why the fuck do I get so dehydrated after a day of not drinking for once despite having had plenty of water? It's weird as fuck. Also, withdrawal dreams are great.
>>
i'm just a beginner alcoholic. if i don't have to work the next day i'm getting hammered, if i do then i'll have a few shots. been doing this for a year, worst was when i lost my job for a couple months and i spent every day getting hammered

never been to jail though, worst i've done is forget to pay my excise tax on my truck and they made me pay it
>>
File: 1474172319567.png (260 KB, 440x602) Image search: [Google]
1474172319567.png
260 KB, 440x602
ive been sober for 1 week today after a 4 year rampage.
If you want to quit the first 3days are the worst.
Just hang in there nigger
>>
I was a hard core alcoholic for 20 years. I was an angry ugly drunk. I was arrested several times for DUI, fights, drunk in public, and other stupid shit. I was hospitalized twice. I was fired from two jobs and most of my family doesn't speak to me anymore.

I got help with my anger issues and met a good woman so for the last 5 years I am a functional alcoholic. I am employed full time and don't drink as much. Some days I take pills to get by instead of drinking. I hope to quit for good someday soon.
>>
Sup anon. Definitely alcoholic. Got arrested 4-5 times w/ 3 DWI's. Curbed drinking significantly a few years ago and havent drank recently (35 days).
>>
>>715018402
anyone else daydrinking as we speak?
>>
16 year old alcoholic, I've really debated posting this, then I decided to say fuck it and post anyways. I haven't really started drinking until a couple of month ago and I don't really get drunk, I hate the hangover, anyways if I get drunk I drink even more until I blackout, and it's not fun waking up next to a road not know what the hell happened. I drink to forget some of the shit in my life, such as the constant fighting in my family, there always seems to be yelling between my parents or siblings, and I'm the youngest in my family so I get the most shit. I also have to deal with pressure of making it to college and the only way I'm going to do that is if I get a sports scholarship. I'm in all advance classes, but I don't make notable grades for an academic scholarship (all B's with a C or two). I have a couple drinks just to take the edge off, and for a while I wasn't drinking for a while, but then shit happened and I started drinking again.
>>
>>715025871

just get student loans like everyone else faggot

you sound like a pussy
>>
>>715023955
I was like that when I deployed. I got back and my hometown bars had a "free drinks to all returning soldiers" that night. I took advantage of that, and continued to drink every night for 3 weeks after we got home.

On that last day of the 3 weeks, 3 chicks that I had banged since I got home were at the bar and I was juggling trying to finesse all of them without a huge argument happening. I had one of those "clarity" moments, and I realized that I was the exact same as I had been prior to deployment. An entire year in Afghanistan and I come home to be a drunk piece of shit.

I put my beer down, walked to my dad's house (4 miles at 1 am in the country), and did yardwork for 1 month straight. Enrolled in college, fast forward 5 years to now, working on my second degree, don't drink, also haven't been laid since. Worth it.
>>
i get too hungerover to be an alcoholic, pretty sure i'd be one otherwise
>>
>>715026010
you can get all of the loans you want, doesn't mean you're going to get into a decent college
>>
>>715010868
Long term alcoholics can die if they stop cold turkey.
>>
>>715025871
underage b&
>>
>>715026121
after enough time and dedication the hangovers pretty much stop. Also if you have any smarts about it whatsoever you train yourself to also drink water the entire time you're drinking.
>>
>>715026121
Alcoholics are constantly hung over bro... We just accept its the way we are going to feel in everyday life and continue on
>>
>>715026216
This. I cringe every time I see someone say they quit cold turkey. That shit's so hard on your body. Just ween off, it makes it all easier.
>>
>>715026121
if you drink cheap shit and low-alcohol stuff to get completely hammered it's a guaranteed hangover.

the hangover is usually caused by all of the other stuff in the alcohol. when you distill aocohol the first thing that drips out is shit like methanol and acetone. later it turns to pure ethanol, and at the end it's more shit. cheaper liquors just blend it all together, more expensive ones will seperate out the beginning, middle, and end and sell the middle for drinking
>>
>>715026156

its just a piece of paper kid. go to community college and transfer somewhere else if money is an issue.

or you can just be a little bitch and cry because your daddy is mean
>>
>>715026121
Good for you, anon
>>
>>715026556
i'm not that anon, i was just pointing out that it's pretty fucking hard to get into an ivy league college without a scholarship
>>
>>715026553
Most of a hangover comes from dehydration.
>>
>>715010450

was arrested at

19 for buying beer with a fake ID
23 for a DUI (BAC was .23)
24 battery and disorderly conduct (fight with a bouncer at a strip club) (blew a .22) spent the rest of the night in jail & BAC was still .10 the next day at noon when they released me.
>>
>>715015591
Really that's not bad m8
>>
>>715026482

so true. when I was young I could just sleep til 4:00 in the afternoon & get up ^ start over, now I'll stay up drunk til say 2:00 am & have to get up with the kid at 5:30 am. just used to it I guess.
>>
For all you beer-dependent addicts:

Try bud select 55. It's pretty much water. I don't drink much, but i do like the taste of it from time to time, so I'll drink a select 55. It tastes exactly like bud light, coors, that shit. It's a good way to start weening off booze.
>>
well i drink about a 24x0.33 case of beer per week, and then get pretty smashed on the weekends but im german so i guess thats considered normal.
>>
Been drinking booze nightly for 16 years, progressively more and more. Up to 700-750ml. I drink a well-balanced meal, sometimes Rum, Vodka, Scotch, Bourbon, Irish Whiskey, and occasionally Gin. Usually Vodka and Bourbon though.

I lost my marriage from it, then lost my job when I got a portable breathalyzer and I was still blowing .14 at 8am so I'd make excuses about coming in late (didn't want a DUI) and it got to be too much. Got fired, started my own business I always wanted to start, and sold it four years later FOR THREE MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS.

Retired at age 39, decided to get sober and begin enjoying life with my newfound luck. Did outpatient rehab, was sober for six weeks, always stopped at the liquor store on the way back from AA meetings. Went right back to drinking.

Now I wake up around 1pm, and my life consists of killing time on the internet until it's time to drink (for some reason I think if I don't drink before 5, it's still controllable). Start drinking right at 5, black out by about 7 but blacked out me apparently stays up until around 4am doing shit. Sometimes it buys crap on the internet, other times cleans the dishes and changes light bulbs. I remember none of it (some of it just vaguely) so really my perceived days are about 5 hours long and time really flies. I was trying to remember what year it was just a couple weeks ago.
>>
File: 2016-12-12 17.00.17.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-12 17.00.17.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>715017898
>>
>>715026926
how do people function at BAC levels that high? If i get above like a .12 I start to enter the spins/vomit zone
>>
>>715026482
Eventually you get to where you're drinking so much, you still have a ton of alcohol in your system even the next morning, and by the time that's gone and the hangover would normally start, you're drinking again.
>>
>>715010450
Yes. Dealing. BingeBlackoutFuckup. Feelsickman. 25 years. No, but have been arrested, hospitalized, charges dropped. Bad experience.
>>
>>715027875
I can think of worse lives to live
>>
>>715027875
I envy you.
>>
>>715028432
Tolerance. Your brain adapts by firing neurons more strongly, expecting them to be bathed in alcohol, so you stop feeling the dulling effect and need to drink more to get it. Your brain fires even more strongly, etc until if you suddenly stop drinking, your neurons are still firing way too strongly and you can get seizures (or die if it's an area that controls vitals)
>>
>>715025566
I am.
21 year old make here, started drinking in highschool at parties at around 16, met a girl after I graduated who liked to drink a lot as well. We were together until right before I turned 21, I found out she had been fucking some dude behind my back for over a month and I lost a lot of motivation to push myself in life. I play for a local rugby club for the social aspect, don't really have too many friends but drinking is a huge part of the culture so I stay, kind of keeps me in shape too. I don't drink every single day, but binge drink and get fucking plastered every time I do drink, which is about 2-3 times a week.
>>
>>715012194
Jesus Christ, I drink that much most nights, maybe I should be more concerned
>>
>>715028432

the night i blew 0.32 and broke a fire alarm and went to jail the cop let me ride in the front seat of his car and didn't even handcuff me because I was acting calm. when he showed up i was cleaning up blood off the floor from cutting my hand and cleaning up the mess/glass

he knew I was recently out of the army, generally a good dude that just had a drinking problem and he was kinda sad that he had to arrest me because i finally did something fucked up enough that he couldnt ignore it

when your tolerance gets that high from binge drinking all the time its pretty hard to blackout and you just go around acting like a dumbass instead of passing out
>>
>>715028562
That's why it's so hard to quit. No need to be sober for anything, not for work, not for family, can sit around drunk all day on $60 bottles of Scotch with no consequences.
>>
>>715027875
are you good looking? ill be your personal sex slave if you still have money
>>
>>715013872

slow creep happened over the years. started with just partying on weekends then moved on to having drinks after work then to drinking all weekend from the moment I woke up to drinking every dayfrom the moment I get up till I go to sleep includes hitting bars at lunch hour. I lived alone and was lonely so drinking semed like the thing to do to pass time.

Now I have violent mood swings and anything can st me off if I hit the bottle hard.

shakes don't stop, never sought out therapy, thuoght about it but never went through with. Kinda don't want to stop. I love the drink

I have multiple duis last one got work release and month in jail.
>>
>>715029311
post tits and I'll consider it
>>
>>715028854
that makes sense. I try to balance out my alcoholism by stretching out my drinks. I start my day with small drinks but focus on making them last. This way I maintain a good drunk without ever getting blacked out, but I assume drinking this way means my tolerance isn't very high. Truth be told I don't get my BAC above .1 often anymore since my college days.
>>
if you want to stop, be responsible for your own actions

start drinking less. i know a lot of alcoholics switch to something else to drink to curb their craving, depending on what you drink. don't cold turkey if you're trashed every day, have a few less drinks every day

source: i have self control and am being reasonable
>>
>>715028973
cheers anon. you can always drink with us. what's your poison? drinking new amsterdam right now moving on to cheap whiskey later.
>>
>>715029103
yeah health issues would be your only incentive if you really want to quit for some reason, but not every heavy drinker even gets serious health issues so it's like, who knows?
>>
>>715029008
That's impressive, even for an alcoholic stand of view. If you drink this much, it means that you have about 18 - 22 shots of hard liquor every night
>>
>>715030401
isn't that how much is in an entire 750mL bottle or am I trippin?
>>
>>715020492
I'm 65kg and 6ft, this is a lot like me, drinking puts me off eating so I normally only have one meal a day and maybe a piece of fruit or something
>>
>>715030507
If you do the math, it's about this much. This, if you consider a shot to be about 35 to 40 mL
>>
>>715030008
Mostly just beer, Budweiser to be specific. I started to mix cocaine with my drinking and absolutely loved the fact that I could be hammered, do a few lines and feel much more sober, and then keep drinking.

I kicked the coke about 6 months ago, was getting too expensive and I couldn't handle the shitty feeling the morning after.
>>
I'm 26. Been drinking since age 15, 2 years ago I was on a drinking bender for days straight, woke up one day completely fucked up with shortness of breath and other funny symptoms, my blood pressure was off the limits, received an injection and some more medications. Scared the hell out of me, so I take it slow nowadays. I'm physically active, don't smoke, have some drinks here and there and that's it. I guess it takes to experience fear for your own life in order to take care of it.
>>
>>715010450
constantly drunk
https://youtu.be/UJ6uMfqKckw?t=25m9s
this is good music or am i just smahes
>>
>Found 50$
Gonna get drunk tonight lads. /woo/
>>
>>715030965
Man I miss being able to drink beer all day. It's my favorite way to get drunk, esp craft beers, but they're just soooo filling. Usually just makes me feel extra lethargic and tired at some point.

And yeah I know what you mean, combining uppers with alcohol can be nice but it's not worth doing regularly. I do mix my liquor with energy drinks sometimes though.
>>
>>715030401
I drink a 750ml bottle of rum most nights or 10-12 beers, I don't even feel drunk after this. Been like this for the past year used to drink about half of this beforehand.
>>
File: retard stuffed animal 2.png (253 KB, 435x368) Image search: [Google]
retard stuffed animal 2.png
253 KB, 435x368
>>715031828
"found"
>>
>>715031828
who did u scam or steal it from really
being a real drunk i know of this
>>
2 bottles of wine a night, more or the weekend. I do enjoy those £5 county manor boxes you can get from Iceland or Sainsubrys

I introduced the idea of sober Sundays as an attempt to cut down on the mid week drinking. Honestly it didn't work out that well, but we had a few weeks with 3 sober days in it.

Checked in back home with the parents to try and detox this Christmas. I spend a lot of time thinking about taking off back home and pouring a glass, but the change of scenery has helped.

Really bored though, I seems to spend a lot of time in bed trying to sleep.

Sober dreams are quite intense and I usually wake up and go back to sleep about 4 or 5 times a night.

It's been easier here than while at work though, I find the days I go in hungover to be easier than the sober days
>>
>>715010450
In my late 20's, and I've been drinking 6-10 beers every day for a few years now during the week, weekend just get started a bit earlier (no work) so get a few more in. Throw in bourbon if i haven't finished the bottle yet, occasional wine if its around. I've never had any issues that have come from drinking, but I do realize I drink quite a bit more than is healthy. I don't remember the last time I went a full day without a drink. I've thought about doing it, but i'll always find a reason to drink. Is this too unhealthy?
>>
>>715031733
all Hans Zimmer is good music, but he's done much better than this

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaJHFxCYUjI
>>
>>715030401
he said a weekend, he's probably not drinking a 750 in one go

or if he is he's drinking it throughout the day
>>
>>715032226
ih man insterstellar, that some good shit no doubt
>>
>>715032006
In a similar situation.
The drinking has slowed and it's satisfying but i seem to chain smoke all day long. I'm just bored.
>>
>>715032047
That's where I started, then the next year it's 7-11 beers, next year 8-12, then eventually you're downing a fifth of vodka every night just to get the same effect.
>>
>>715032364
that's probably my favorite piece Zimmer has ever written. The scene in the film is excellence too.
>>
>>715031840
I'll smoke weed and drink on occasion, but that usually makes me feel way too tired.

have you experimented with any other mixes of substances?
>>
>>715025023
hell yeah good for you man
>>
>>715010450
I started drinking at 18. peaked at like 22 I would drink 12 packs in like a couple hours. then I moved to liquor and that's where I started losing my mind. When I drank hard liquor i'd go on rants on social media, arguing with people smashed outta my mind. I also had a graffiti addiction lol, would spray up spots in the city drunk as fuck. By the time I reached 24 my family(mom) was all "it runs in the family in my side. be careful bla bla".

25 now I slowed right the fuck down. hardly touch it anymore. but I always get random urges to pick up a few strong beers. just gotta say no. I started drinking coffee a lot it helped me replace the urge for booze.

never went to jail, but I have had some pretty close calls.

best thing you can do is talk to somebody.
>>
>>715032760
I love mixing weed and alcohol but ONLY if I'm smoking a guaranteed sativa so it'll act as an upper. But even then it has to be close to bedtime cuz as the high wears off I just get drowsy anyways. Some days (like when i have something important the next day) I'll smoke a lot more than I drink, and just have a 6-pack at the end of the night.

Other than that I've mixed alcohol and adderall a few times (it really doesn't feel like much, the addy effect always outweighed the drunk for me, but I would miraculously become MORE talkative, and adderall already makes me crazy social. More or less the same effect as coke but longer lasting.)

I've also drank alcohol coming down from shrooms once (don't do this)
>>
>>715015707
ayyyyyyy
>>
>>715010450
Nearly died, and quit.
>>
I feel really anxious when I don't have a drink in me. I drink a bottle of jack daniels a week. I should be smoking weed instead.
>>
>>715017039
>6 years in the army plus alcoholism in the family definitely set me up for success

Can relate, although my 6 was in the Air Force. Military is a breeding ground for alcoholism.
>>
>>715033612
Haha not even close to a alcoholic
>>
drank a bottle of glenfiddich in a single night. never remembered anything the next morning. apparently I punched my sister out and tried fighting her.

that was the end for me. it was just so embarrassing. I quit.
>>
>>715033747
Spent 4 years in the navy... 2 deployments... I hear you on that
>>
22 year old alcoholic here. Was drinking a fifth of vodka a day, but have 10 days sober now. Also just got off of house arrest for a dui today. Feels good.
>>
File: EverclearHiRes.jpg (1014 KB, 1485x2970) Image search: [Google]
EverclearHiRes.jpg
1014 KB, 1485x2970
who here has fucked with this shit before? got me near blacked out from one mixed drink. Had to bring it in from over state lines too cuz the shits banned here in California
>>
if you drink more than 3 beers every day of the week. you're an alcoholic.
>>
>>715033612
> a week

better check your self into the betty Honda center before its to late
>>
>>715018402
>I'm probably pouring a drink and playing dark souls soon

Start playing around noon, crack first beer around 4 or 5. Play until 4 or 5 in the morning. Game has consumed my life.

Although I haven't played in a while.
>>
>>715034245
dude that sounds about right. I'm new to the series, I tried ds3 months ago but ragequit suuuuuper hard, restarted as a knight and gotten a lot better at it, much less raging more epicness. Currently just reached the Central Irithryl bonfire, lvl 60, 28hrs play time
>>
>>715034778
also I plan on playing ds2 and probably ds1 in the future if they're anywhere near as good as ds3
>>
>>715027875
I'll take this life. I'd also put some of that money in an index or something, so I wouldn't have to spend it and just spend the interest.
>>
>>715010450
I am, symptoms? have hereditary depression, at least that's my excuse, been drunk? usually my max days without drink is 3 or 4. No not been to jail, being an alcoholic doesnt mean that, but I guess I've still got time to go
>>
>>715032364
Yeah i like it as well but being a DC fan i prefer that shit
>>
>>715027875
I didn't believe this story but I have to say I burst out spilling my coffee reading this when you said drink at 5 black out at 7 but apparently staying up till 4am cos I know that EXACT feeling. It's been happening more than lately, but I need to get my shit sorted I'm still young and not financially secure yet
>>
>>715034153
I find it mixes better than some vodkas and it gets you shit tanked.
>>
>>715034778
Been playing the series for a long time, since Demons' Souls. Even back then I'd get hammered and play all night. In DS3 alone I have almost 600 hours. It's the PVP.
>>
>>715036354
for real, we mixed it with fucking hawaiian punch and it actually came out bomb, little to no sting which is sort of bonkers for 190 proof
>>
>>715010450
38 years old Now... Drank alot when I was younger, then I had a back injury and was eventually put on Soc Sec Disability, Methadone 90mg a day, Oxy 45mg day and Klonopin 2 mg a day.... Quit drinking for about 5 years (because I just didn't really feel like it anymore.) FAST FORWARD........ Started drinking again about 3 years ago and I now am on same Meds listed but I start drinking Whiskey about an hour after waking up and drink about a fifth to a fifth and a half a day... My only meal is Dinner and I go sleep.... RINSE AND REPEAT 7 DAYS A WEEK.... (Strangely if I start drinking later than normal I don't feel too bad..)
>>
>>715036487
i feel like I'll dive into the pvp one day, but i want to play through all the way once. There's new game+ right? I can already see playing through again on the same character. Btw fuck the demon ruins in Smouldering Lake, yesterday i was running in circles for so long looking for the objective. Finally found the path up to the giant arrow contraption and felt like a dumbass.
>>
>>715037572
You'll probably find yourself playing over and over with new classes if you like the game. Yes there is a new game plus.
>>
>>715037781
I think the reason I failed miserably my first playthrough is because I chose Mercenary (the lack of defense fucked me up) and thought I'd experiment by putting a point into luck every other level. Not a good idea for my first character, I quit before Farron Keep. But now I def see myself trying other classes, just not sure which.
>>
>>715010450
Currently trying to cut back myself. Usually buy a half gallon of that sweet sweet Evan Williams,kill it with in two days. Also starting to have a cocaine problem due to the crowd I hang out with. Currently gaggy as hell cus i haven't had a drink in 2 days. I've just been avoiding my friends cus they're all alcoholics and coke heads also. My alcoholism started when I was fifteen so its been nearly ten years. I have 2 duis and 4 drunk in public's. Currently awaiting trial to possibly gobtobjail for 3 months on San Luis obispo for my last DUI. My first DUI I quit drinking and smoked a ton of pot and did xanax. Moved back to my hometown and met up with the bold crew and went back to my old ways.
>>
>>715038565
Forgot to add I've had gall bladder disease since I was twenty(I'm gonna be 25 in 2 weeks) started throwing up blood and couldn't eat for days. Hasn't been acting up too bad lately.
>>
>>715034153
just got myself a bottle of that yesterday, i put it in a 1.75l bottle and filled the rest up with water
>>
I'm 50. I'm active. I drink perhaps 2-3 26's a week. I've always been a binger, but over the last seven years it become progressively worse. My brother died which seem to trigger it. Right now I have a dull pain from the location of my liver. I can only assume it's a direct result. I have my own company, a beautiful wife, 2 kids and I function dispite my addiction. I'm wanting to quit, but it's hard when I hang with guys who also like to binge. Christmas is here, and we'll go hard for 4 days. I think I need to check in to resolve it.

I appreciate you all sharing your stories. Usually this site is vial scumbaggery. This thread has some merit.
>>
>>715036104
I left out a note to my blacked-out self to record myself answering some questions, and the weird thing was I hardly even seemed drunk, was barely slurring my words, but of course I remembered none of it the next day. It seemed to be having a fun time. I asked things like "what time is it and if after midnight, why didn't you go to bed then like we're trying to do now" and it shrugged and said it didn't feel tired at all, so what's the point of just laying in bed anyway?

Then my cable bill is like $300 a month because it likes to stream movies at about $6 a movie. I don't remember anything at all about the movie, but if I stream it again it feels like I've already seen it like 10 years ago. I'll remember parts and the ending. But it sucks because I'm paying for those movies without the benefit that comes from watching them.
>>
>>715039044
being an alcoholic is kinda scumbaggy, but it's the kind of scumbaggy that makes people sympathetic, not angered. kinda like the homeless man begging for change vs the nigger holding people up for their change
>>
39-year-old, long-time binge-drinker here.

About those heart palpitations, is there any way to get rid of them without drinking?

I binge-drank for (drink 'til passing out 3~4 times per week), but for the last two years, I've had my shit figured out and don't need to use it to escape anymore.

The problem is now I get palpitations on a near-daily basis and the only way to control them and sleep is to drink at night.

Are there any drugs, foods, supplements, anything that can control them? It's 8:50am here and I've having the fucking things right now. They'll probably go away by noon, then reappear around 6:00pm. Then I'll drink around 600~700ml of 25%alc shouchuu, the palpitations will go away, lather, rinse, repeat...
>>
Hey, thought I'd throw my two cents in. I used to be bad off. Got into recovery. Been sober 4 and a half years. Not a preacher, but a lot of people who might seek help have misconceptions about aa.

AA is for people who have lost the ability to moderate their drinking. Some people do severely drink for long periods of time and for whatever reason don't lose the ability to moderate their drinking. I did. not everyone does. Its a decision you have to make about yourself.

The god thing; I was a staunch atheist when i quit drinking and stayed sober over a year with just the program as a power greater than myself. That was it. No one has ever asked me to be a part of religion or forced God on me. These days I'm agnostic. I say I don't know whats in the universe. Thats as far as I've come and no one has pushed me to do anything.

Ive only really met people who want to be of service to those who want help. No one in AA has even told me not to drink. They've said its not the way they do things, Its worked for me.
>>
>>715039749
Btw, I got sober at 27. some people do it even younger.
>>
>>715025023
>>715025023

good luck anon
>>
File: 49.jpg (55 KB, 499x800) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
55 KB, 499x800
>>715028432
>>715028432

>how do people function at BAC levels that high? If i get above like a .12 I start to enter the spins/vomit zone
>how

practice anon, practice. not saying it's fun though
>>
>>715021957
toronto here. there are no $26 dollar cases of beer in Ontario. all $30 plus
>>
>>715039742
try pot, something with low thc but high cbd like acdc
>>
>>715041286

Pot is *extremely* illegal here. Not only would I not have the slightest idea where to find it, getting caught with it would be insta-deportation.

But I can buy cans of whiskey-and-water out of vending machines, yay...
>>
>>715041545
where is "here" for you?

Being in Canada, I take weed for granted.
>>
>>715039742
Vitamin deficiency maybe? Alcohol blocks absorption of some key nutrients, so you can end up deficient even if you're eating well. Try a multivitamin. It might also not be alcohol related.
>>
>>715010450
Currently an alcoholic, but i cut down to half a 5th a day, use to drink a gallon in 2-3 days

been to county twice because a stack of warrents that added up to a couple thousand in fines. just traffic tickets
but i was also on heroin at the time so i had to detox while i was there. shit was horrible. i was throwing up and shitting next to everyone in the drunk tank during processing. people were pissed. when i finally got a cell they dont let you out to shit during lights ot so i had to sit in a trashbag on my bed in my own filth.
horrible experience. it would have been fine though if it werent for that, i met alot of cool people
>>
>>715041704

Japan. Canadian expat, ironically enough. :/
>>
>>715039742
palpitations are like when your heartbeat skips, right? I don't think I've quite had that but I had consistent minor chest pain for a few days last week. I figured it had to be alcohol related so I cut back. I also assume it was just heartburn or something since taking one or two 1g antacids would make it disappear almost immediately. Haven't felt it again in about 3 days though.
>>
>>715042001

It's worse than that. Depending on how bad they are, your heartbeat not only becomes *completely* irregular, it also becomes abnormally strong and noticeable so you are constantly aware of it and can't concentrate on shit.

Your problem sounds like chronic acid reflux, yes, probably alcohol-related.
>>
>>715042001
beating really hard and fast, not skipping beats per se but just pounding out of your chest
>>
>>715042442
huge booze hound here. I was sleeping in a hotel once and was thinking of calling an ambulance. I kept waking up from not breathing. Like, all night. It was like an extreme sleep apnea or whatever. I had to focus on breathing. I was out of breath almost it felt like. This was after 4 days of drinking solid
>>
>>715042663
alcohol thins your blood then raises your blood pressure when you sober up. i dont know any way to deal with this, other than drinking alot of water to thin it back out. there are bp medications but i doubt a doc would prescribe them to an alcohol
>>
>>715042897

I think I'm fortunate in that I seem to instinctively stop after no more than three days of binging. But yeah, I've been there. Waking up convinced my heart has stopped several times.
>>
I'm 27, been drinking everynight for about 2 years. Started on wine to get blackout drunk to deal with breakup, this escalated to adding beer.

Cut out the wine now and just drink 5 - 8 beers a night. Reducing is relatively easy.

Still, can't bear the thought of no alcohol before sleep
>>
Also, anyone else sleep walk when they drink too much? Sick of waking up in weird places
>>
>>715043307
i usually get sick on day 4. Like clockwork....I drink for 3 days, all day and night. Day 4, I have to rest or I will puke and puke.
>>
>>715043438
Sounds pretty similar to me.

Broke up with long time gf of 2 years about a year and a half ago.

I feel like it hit me especially hard, been drinking like a fish ever since. Spent most of this early morning nursing a hangover, threw up a few times and had cold sweats for some time. drinking beer again now, makes me feel relaxed and like everything's gonna be okay when I'm hammered
>>
>>715043757

Funny... I never vomit whilst on a binge. It's only after I finally stop that the projectile vomiting starts.
>>
40 y/o ex-cokehead/alcoholic here.

I did a medical taper in detox 10 years ago and I haven't touched blow since and have only had, literally, 5 drinks in those 10 years. I didn't touch anything for about 8 years, then got back into smoking weed>drinking lean>popping benzos & opiates for a little while. Got pretty fucked up, lost my job, and went HAM for about a month until I gratefully got put in check by my family.

Now I smoke a tiny bit of pot at night before bed and that's it. So far it's working.

NA/AA works for a lot of folks but I really couldn't stand the people. Decent message if you leave out the religious bullshit but there's no getting around the psychos at meetings. Can't hang.
>>
>>715042442
damn that sounds really uncomfortable...hope you figure out a way to take care of it anon!

Yeah I probably do have acid reflux...if it comes back I'll probably go back to the antacid and make an appt with my doc.
>>
>>715043438
honestly that's relatively light anon. you'll be alright.
>>
>>715043712
I think that's just you getting blacked out anon
>>
I feel like such a loser for my charges but i was in county jail for two weeks over traffic tickets - It sucked and would not recommend
>>
>>715043908
I actually got a gf shortly after who accepted my drunkenness luckily

Beer is the only way though, otherwise things can escalate too quickly

Also, homebrewing is worth trying
>>
>>715044234

You have no idea...

Sometimes it goes on for 30~40 hours. Not only does it make it impossible to sleep, one of the biggest triggers for it is...

Lack of sleep! Yay!

Don't let your drinking get any further out of control and permanently damage yourself as I seem to have done. You seem to still be in good shape.
>>
>>715044537
I know, I am very lucky in that respect

I think living with my gf helps, otherwise if I had free reign I would become a perma drunk
>>
>>715044595
Nuh, been confirmed getting up after several hours, walking somewhere and pissing on clothes

Or worse, waking in my 16 year old neices bed...
>>
>>715010450
I just stopped drinking. I hit rock bottom after I lost my kid 4 years ago and white wine used to ease my pain. Before I realized it, I was drunk pretty much all the time. My wife and I decided to divorce but we still see each other, more and more since I'm sober but she's seeing somebody... Anyway, never fucking drink to forget nothing good ever comes from that
>>
>>715044877
that's brutal, i know another anon already suggested it and it's not feasible but i bet marijuana would help you so much with that, at least to put you to sleep (it can raise heart rate too after all)

Yeah I think I'm still alright. I'm this anon
>>715018402
>>715029827
>>715042001
>>
>>715044808
i've got 4 gallons of cyser brewing right now, should be done just in time for christmas

before going into secondary i tasted it, it was pretty strong but sill sweet
>>
Just turned 19. Have a full hip flask of whisky on me in college every morning. Have since I started my masters two years ago.
>>
>>715034232
Not really that's the equivalent of a glass of wine or two with dinner. Pretty much all of France and Italy would be considered alcoholics. It's just the US has a really fucked up social view on alcohol and you get all these binge drinkers turned alcoholics cuz of it.
>>
>>715010868
>>715010450

Same boat. Been drinking since about 15, im 23 now. Started on and off until I was drinking small amounts daily. Then when I couled buy it, it became a whole new story. Going through a handle every few days. Never been jailed but have wrecked cars, lost girlfriends from lying about it, and been hospitalized.
I still drink but I did wind up in rehab for a month or so. It didn't cure me because there is no cure. But there is treatment, and that got me in check. . Like anon said. There are people who will help with open arms. Good luck OP. If you truly want to stop you will find away and if you decide to hit an aa meeting, you will hear the term "higher power" and. "blessed" a lot.
>>
>>715043712
need greentext
>>
>>715046314
bingo
>>
>>715046287

so u started college at 14
>>
File: 1481120914045.jpg (21 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
1481120914045.jpg
21 KB, 427x427
>>715046944
>>
>>715044190
So what keeps you from going back when you're stressed or whatever if you're not doing regular meetings? Family?
>>
>>715010450
Maybe it's not a big problem so far,but i have to get drunk at least once a week.Ususally in loneliness on saturday or sunday.That helps me work normally for a whole week.I like waiting for weekend.Fact,there are 3-4 days left to being drunk motivates me so much.At least once a week i can feel happy i can feel like,there're some problems,but fuck them,you gonna handle them dude.
Then i get sober and everything returns to normal.
But for 3-4 hours i feel great.Everyone deserves to be happy,at least for a while

Started drinking 4 months ago cuz of girl i loved,but was too beta to do anything
>>
>>715047347
that doesn't come close to qualifying as a problem anon, that's just normal casual drinking. You do you dude.
>>
>>715045076
That's normal with heavy drinking, you wake up 2-3 hours after initially passing out, still drunk or blacked out.
>>
Type 1 Diabetic here.

Used to get drunk every other night for like 6 years. I get blood work done every 3 months.. liver function still good.

I slowly cut back to 1 bottle of wine a week... used to drink it all at once... now over the course of 2 days.. soon over 3 days.. then maybe half a bottle a week.. until I don't drink at all any more.

I really shouldn't be drinking at all... trying to stop myself before it kills me.
>>
This is actually my one year sobriety date. I haven't done any serious jail time, but i've been arrested 6 times or so.
>>
>>715010450
>be alcohol
>arrested for failure to register (re-register) as sex offender
>b/c drunk everyday, didn't keep track of re-reg date
>live in nigger city so sitting in holding cell with 40 niggers and me only white person
>word gets out about me being sex offender
>nigger next to me puts his hand on my shoulder and says Ima be his upstairs (the jail part, lowest floor is booking)
>he's like 14
>I get aroused thinking about him dominating me
>finally 20 hours later meet with court clerk or something
>he releases me on own recognizance
>don't get to suck off that kid
>am disappointed
>case dropped when I reregister
>>
>>715049664
what is the deal with you being a sex offender?
>>
hi
im 19 and i think i have never missed a week iwthout drinking since like 3 years?
and im not talking about one beer or something just getting fucked up and many times it was few times a week
my dad was probably ana alcoholic and hung himself when i was 3 or 4 just few days before christmas eve when he was 21
and i dont think i will last longer than him
>>
also,drinking right now 4th time this week
>>
>>715049995
CP conviction
>>
This is like cyber bullying. Walk away from it.

Stop drinking you fucking pussies.

Jesus fucking Christ what a bunch of fucking low test cucks.
>>
DUDE THIS STUFF MAKES ME HIGH IT'S RUINING MY LIFE
get a real problem you insufferable cunts
>>
>>715051180
>>715051274
zero tier trolling lmfao
>>
i'm an alcoholic but i've never done anything stupid, i always stay at home while drunk

however a former coworker of mine told me about the shit he's done (learned throuh othereople) while blackout drunk, he was a real nice guy though, former combat medic. seen some real shit

anyways he told me about his two tours in afghanistan.and when he got back he blew all of his money at bars over the course of a month. later he was at a party, doesn't remeber it but some guyt came up to him a month or so later and showed him a picture of himself doing a naked backflip off his table.

his looast dui was because he was driuving his car at 60 in a 45 zone with 3 wheels, last i saw of him he had to have a breathalyyser in his car and some meeting at the dmv to scan his ecu to prove he hadn't been drunk while driving.

kinda sad tbh, he was actually a chill guy when sober, diidn't bat around the bush, always kept it straight. he just couldn't hack it on his on though. can't say i blame him, my job's not for everyone. no shame in saying you can't do it, especially on your own.

for the record i'm a deckhand on a lobster boat. i'll stack and land 400 ish 40lb lobster traps a day on my own, as well as fill bait bags and band the lobsters. not for everone, but it lets me, requires me to focus 100% on the now and i can't focus on the past of future. a minute lapse off concentratiion could cost me my life, and i while i do wish to die on the ocean I don't want to drown. i'd rather die with a whiskey in one hand, a smoke in the other, and a girl's mouth on my dick
>>
>>715010450
Started at 12
No reason really.
Black out almost every night
Wife left me indirectly due to it. Said I was a shut in.
>I only like(d) to drink.
>21 now, didn't drink last night and might not tonight.
No reason in particular, just work a lot but this is going to be the longest I've been sober in like 4 years.

Got a dui at 19.
>not cheap

I know there is a better life out there for people like us.

Maybe I should have just an hero last June like I had planned.

Air Force here I come
>>
>>715051575
got a dui myself. In canada. a good lawyer, havent been convicted yet, and I could be 22,000 in the hole, even before fines.
>>
>>715051575
fucking scum
>>
>>715051180
>stop drinking

easier said than done, asshole. i've tried, AA meetings, the loop of a rope, 100 feet of water, the end of a gun. none have worked. i'm stuck in hell and only alcohol makes me believe i'm in purgatory
>>
>>715051974
don't feed the troll
>>
>>715052030
sorry, too drunk to know the difference.
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 13

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.