Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

>write best essay in my life > get a C

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: hello darkness my old friend.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.jpg
108 KB, 1024x768
>write best essay in my life
> get a C
>>
Better than a D.
>>
>>714283368
Keep trying. You'll write a good essay eventually
>>
>>714283431
>>714283598
I needed a B to pass the course, and now i'm gonna get kicked out of university.
>>
>>714283368
I had a teacher in highschool who would draw a line on all my papers and give me zeros. When I asked what the line was, he said "that's where i stopped reading your bs". So I began to put allot of effort into my papers. I wrote some of my favorite and took me forever, and still a single line. I eventually began writing papers he finished, but id get horrible grades. It became a challenge for me. Luckily i found my mojo, i gave him nothing but A papers from then on.
>>
>>714283690
If you needed to write an essay you university is bad anyway - or you are studying shit
>>
>>714283893
Yeah, I'm studying criminology, meme degree. I do good on tests but I have to do a shit load of essays because girls break down under the pressure of tests and they are more common in uni so they pander to them.
>>
>>714284034
lol, why are you complaining about the college making shit easier for girls if you couldn't even pass their dumbed down retard essays? Kys, faggot.
>>
File: 4chan upboats.jpg (132 KB, 1649x931) Image search: [Google]
4chan upboats.jpg
132 KB, 1649x931
>>714284114
Because I didn't actually get a C and i'm not going to be kicked out, I just made this thread for (you)s
>>
My CS professor literally uses Grammarly to grade papers
>>
>>714283368

As long as you follow proper formatting its really subjective-unless your logic is weak. Dont mind it, grades dont matter unless you want to continue to masters etc
>>
>studying law
>write essays night before
>get B's "well written but not enough references"
>start essay 2 weeks before deadline, research the hell out of it, chock full of quotes and precedent
>get C
>>
write what I believe to be the biggest piece of bullshit ever conceived
>A+
>>
>>714285325
Yeah I'm a grad student marking shit and there is a staggering lack of criteria. So long as it looks like an essay and meets the requirements asked marks are just what the professor wants the average to be regardless of quality. You can make any retarded argument so long as you can find some peer reviewed source that vaguely supports it.

People shouldn't be too worried about bias, grades are really just what the average should be if you write something that looks like an essay.

tl/dr

essays are bullshit and undergrads shouldn't be writing them.
>>
>>714283431
Better take the D in the A
>>
>>714285526
protip: quotes are bad, paraphrase 90% of the time. Regardless of the context if you don't spend a paragraph dissecting what the quote means it's assumed you have no idea what's actually being said and how it supports your argument.

it's really retarded, often the writer just says something clear and articulates it better than the thought can be paraphrased, and explaining the quote would just be clutter.
>>
>>714283718
>When I asked what the line was, he said "that's where i stopped reading your bs".

fucking a
>>
>11 year old me in school
>had to do an assignment every week about the book we were reading and present it to the group to grade
>i was a lazy shit so i always did it last minute
>enough was enough teacher told me off once for putting together a half assed model i made in 15 minutes
>everyone in the group grades me e's and d's, teacher gives me e
>nahfuckthis.mp4
>decide i want to prove to everyone i can succeed
>spend the week preparing an essay for the presentation
>heart and soul goes into it, my proudest accomplishment
>d-day, presentation time
>i happily present it, so happy i came prepared
>#gradingtime
>everyone around the group gives their grade
>c, b, c, c, d (d given by gril that i always graded leniently)
>teacher agrees with bitch girl at the end and thinks i deserved a d
>"its an improvement anon but still not up to standard"
>holdbackthetears.vlc
>sit there in depressed state while i wait for everyone else to finish
>cry all the way home

That was the day I gave up on my dreams
>>
>>714286594
I wonder how low the average IQ on /b/ is
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.