Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Can someone explain the insurance meme to me? These are for-profit

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: dklol.jpg (19 KB, 351x359) Image search: [Google]
dklol.jpg
19 KB, 351x359
Can someone explain the insurance meme to me?

These are for-profit businesses, if they were paying out more money than they received the wouldn't be in operation.

How is any Joe blow trying to get a good deal out-think the autistic actuaries and statistics PhDs that have spent their entire life and are getting paid big $$$ to make their policies as profitable as possible.

This doesn't even include insurance firms fighting claims and minimizing payments.

It's like in hospitals, it's a small minority of the population with conditions and illnesses which cause the greatest strain on the health care resources.
>>
Way more people DON'T have things that require them to utilize insurance regularly while some that may have chronic conditions in the case of healthcare while done do. It is a symbiotic relationship because they cash in on every time you don't require their services. Way more people don't have situations that require insurance than do. They can use the profit from that to help pay for the other people who require the service
>>
Furthermore, if you are a risk to them, (i.e. male teenage driver in the case of car insurance or someone with a pre existing condition in the case of health insurance) guess what you have to pay more. They are a business
>>
Also, "while some do" not "while done do" lol
>>
>>714283186
God you guys are so fucking stupid. There is a federal law that mandates if any insurance company reports more than a 20% profit then the overages have to be returned to the policy holders, usually in the form a discounted premiums for the following year.
>>
>>714284520
You couldn't just let me troll the kid? Really?
>>
>>714284520
It's still not a good deal though, the fact that they're making a profit in the first place and such legislation exists signals the problem that they're taking more than they're giving out.
>>
>>714284520
Fuck you
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.