Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

6 armies of 250 men appear on a field. Who would win? >Romans

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 19
File: th6yr.jpg (82 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
th6yr.jpg
82 KB, 640x272
6 armies of 250 men appear on a field. Who would win?
>Romans
>Knights Templar
>Samurai
>Spanish Conquistadors
>Spartans
>Vikings

It's a free for all
>>
>>712358657
Assuming the conquistadors have no guns, then the Romans. Not because they're the strongest. Vikings are the strongest physically. But the romans fight smart.
>>
>>712358870
nah they have no guns. forgot to mention that
>>
>>712358870
Vikings stronger than spartans? You really think so? Plus spartans know how to work together, viking MO is rape and pillage...
>>
>>712359139
Well, equal if not stronger. Spartans are strong because of heavy training. Vikings are naturally huge.
>>
knights would win. best trained and best armoured
>>
>>712358657
Trick question, Each side has large minority of Irish immigrants, they abandon ranks and start drinking
>>
>>712358870
im a roman fanboy but i dont think 250 troops would be enough to let the romans win
thats only 2.5 centuries not enough mobility to use it to outsmart the opponents, even less if that number has to be split into cav and archers
>>
File: 1430677809370.gif (908 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1430677809370.gif
908 KB, 245x184
The Conquistadors you simpleton. Technology matters and they would have the most advanced on the field even discounting firearms.
>>
>>712358657
Jews
>>
Is it a free for all or some kind of tournament?

Doesn't seem easy to determine, because one group could just stroll in late and clean up what's left of everybody
>>
>>712360061

OP already specified free-for-all, learn to fucking read.
>>
>>712359139
>>712359230

The Vikings were experts in tactics they were not "huge" though I'm sure many survivors said as much. (How the hell else do you explain a small number defeating much lager forces on a regular basis."

They employed tactics similar to the phalanx. And lived under religious Creed's that required they die well. Romans were heavily armored in comparison. Conquistador would fall immediately to the prowess of the others.

I would say a close match between Vikings and the Spartans. Similar belief mixed with a lifetime of fighting and training. The Romans fought as a unit or fell alone. Conquistadors would not stand a chance . The samurai being honorable.. fierce warriors yet I'll equipped for battle against the Vikings. The Spartans bronze age style weapons and armor would be they're downfall.

Vikings for sure would come out on top>>712359230
>>
>>712359768
discounting firearms then templars win, heavy chain stops everything any of these armies have, samurais won't do shit to chain and plate, neither will vikings spartans would be the only challenge due to sheer physical tactics and power and they use spears.
>>
>>712360226
the roman gladius, especially the mainz gladius was very effective at breaking through chain.
of course that was bronze age chain mail as far as my knowledge goes chain mail improved significantly into the middle ages
>>
>>712360193
>>712360226

Both of you are completely discounting the superior metal-casting techniques only widely available in the Colonial age forward. Conquistador armor would be both lighter and sturdier than any walking tin-can in full plate with chain mail. Their swords would also have a slight wear advantage, on top of already being the perfect balance between cutting and thrusting (Templar swords are notoriously one-sided thrust weapons) due to centuries of dual Moor-Christian influence.

As for "tactics".... It's a free-for-all. No fucking strategic thinking comes into play.
>>
>>712360427

Gladius becomes outmoded by the Renaissance, unfortunately.
>>
>>712360193
Spanish halberds could penetrate steel plates though and do so very effectively. I think the samurai would be the first to fall due to its lack of defence as a unit
>>
spartans form a phalanx and camp and win
rip everyone else
>>
>>712360671
you do realize more commonly the conquistadors would weild on foot halbierds and short swords, vrs damascus steel plate and chain from templars no chance the age difference wasn't significant since they got steel from india who learned to make damascus steels since long before
>>
>>712360671
In terms of tactics, each army would have to form a defensive circle. Knights, Vikings, romans and spartans have shields. Samurai and Spanish cons don't
>>
>>712360762

Samurai would definitely fall fast. Spartans might fall faster though due to the matchup of bronze vs steel.
>>
>>712360731
only because longer swords became the normal. the gladius was replaced by the spatha for that reason so supplement the length of it.

>>712360671
with this i mind i think the romans have a significantly higher chance of winning because of their steadfast teamwork and mobility. without any strategic thinking individual tactics and training will have a huge impact so im leaning this one to the romans now
>>
>>712360671
Shit I forgot about the knights. Lighter or no the plate is heavy and many Vikings carried blunt weapons. Blunt vs. plate ... Ring my bell might as well be plastered on the helm. So you mean no unity in these "teams" whatsoever? In that case... Meh still a long shot. This one is tough
>>
>>712360762
however like most armies of those eras the equipment used was at the expense of the ones wielding it, to assume all soldiers were wielding halberds and be en-coated in full steel plate armor is rediculous
>>
i think in terms of advantage the troops with the best military discipline would have it. which group would adjust best to suddenly appearing on a battlefield and fighting for you life, together, as a team. i don't know enough historically, but it's my understanding that spartan males serve in the military for most of their lives, making them more likely to form ranks and follow orders and otherwise keep their wits about them
>>
>>712360970
the knights templar were also more used to hectic battles with less teamwork, as they faught untrained hijab muslims and turks, they forsake shields more often then not to take longswords and heavy bastard swords to chop through peasants quick and efficiently find the weak spot and keep chopping
>>
>>712360869

Full plate Damascus steel was in no way common for Templars. The cost to outfit each man would have been astronomical, even for that wealthy of an Order. Now you're just in pure fantasy land.

>>712360823

Free-for-all, idiot. No camping, no phalanx.
>>
Agree with most people in the thread.
Vikings out on top.
>>
File: 1479550313312.png (215 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
1479550313312.png
215 KB, 392x411
No one is going to talk about the samurai? Okay then. I'm pretty sure they would atleast win against viking and spanish. And put a close match with knights going 50v50. I know Spartans are bad ass but it would only take double the amount of samurai to take then out. Can you say the same for spanish/vikings? Someone look up the results on deadliest warrior and shit on these plebs ty.
>>
>>712361151
pretty sure the templars order doesn't purchase the armor for their knights
if it did then ill go fuck myself
>>
>>712360671
And actually... Yes the Templar swords were thrust based but they more often welded them as clubs using the cross guard and pommel as blunt instruments vs. armor
>>
>>712361108
I do agree with you but I feel like the vikings as an individual fighter would be able to tear anybody down before they can form a group
>>
>>712360170
>2016
>reading the whole post
Ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>712358657
>Spanish Conquistadors
steel and gunpowder
>>
>>712361214
go to bed weeaboo
>>
>>712361151
i didn't refer to all knights having plate, it would of been breastplate at best and heavy chain, a few here and their could possibly afford such full plate armor, but thats too heavy without horse and they would be easy targets more just prime pieces so my bad didn't mean to insinuate all were in full plate tank mode
>>
>>712361310
did you even read the thread, the conquistadors arnt allowed guns in this fight
>>
>>712361151
it being a ffa doesn't mean the Spartans cant make their signature military formation you fag
>>
>>712361214
Hahahha - found the anime tard who actually believes the samurai could take any of the others.
Toppest of keks
>>
>>712361110

Garbage. Muslims had access to the same or better military manuals, treatises, and handbooks. Who the fuck do you think was translating and preserving them until the Catholic church begins ascendance?

The Turks? Not so much, in this era.
>>
>>712361275
idk, the op kinda implies that they are already grouped when they appear, and no matter how impressive a single fighter may be, i don't think they could stand up to an organized group
>>
>>712360762
Agree samurai would fall first
>>
>>712361214
samurai wouldnt beat anyone theyd be the first to go
theyd fucking sebuko themselves
>>
>>712361366
>replied directly to op's post

Why would you expect anyone doing this to have read shit
>>
>>712361214
Looked up the results.
>samurai vs Viking.
>Winner: samurai

>samurai vs spartan.
>Winner: spartan

Spartans are much better than people make them out to be even when their technology is old, I think it still keeps up to standards
>>
>>712359515
i fucken hate medieval total war
>>
this is all bullshit. they would obviously parley first and then find a way out of the interdimensional warzone, and take the fight to the abductors that brought them there.
>>
>>712361384
not sure if they can charge in the phalanx tho
ive heard of the silver shields under Alexander the great being able to do that delivering the most powerful charge in antiquity but never heard of the spartans being capable of such maneuvers
>>
>>712361384
exactly i totaly agree as all these armies would be well out of their comfort zone all the forces would set to their default military stances before engaging knights ready a charge, spartans phalanx etc... however this is where the samurai do have 1 advantage as they were all trained in rainku if im spelling that correctly where most of their skill is cutting a man down from his sheath, they honestly honed this skill too much but if they were patient and waited for the enemy to come at them, 1st wave would likely fall to the samurai but shortly after they would get rekt
>>
>>712361509
exactly spartans would win it only took around 300 of them to kill like 200 000 Persians in the battle of 300
>>
>>712361509
>ROCK BEAT SCISSOR
>SCISSOR BEAT PAPER
>ERGO ROCK BEAT PAPER
>>
>>712361509
>an individual samurai vs an individual viking
>>
>>712361608
under extreme circumstances, they dont have that bottleneck to fight in
>>
File: 1419092356419-3.gif (107 KB, 227x199) Image search: [Google]
1419092356419-3.gif
107 KB, 227x199
>>712361384

Don't call me a fag, you queer.
>>
>>712361571
the Spartans invented the phalanx and mastered it
>>
>>712361608
The battle location was the only reason they were able to win.
>>
>>712361509
>"looked it up"
>samurai vs Viking
>winner: samurai

Think we have a real life autist here fellas
>>
>>712361509
Thank you and fuck you other fags I knew the goods would win I mean look at the northern countries now and not skyrim. And FYI this has nothing to do with being a weeb.
>>
>>712361681
true but still the phalanx would be a huge advantage
>>
>>712361565
I dunno how a fight would go against extra dimensional beings anon
>>
>>712361698
pretty sure the Macedonians mastered it but nice try
>>
>>712361719
they lost miserably still took out 200 000 out of like 2 mil Persians
>>
>>712361805
i mean in reality both numbers are incredible inflated
>>
>>712361794
it depends on who the actor is that plays the main character
>>
>>712361795
the fucking macadamia nuts didint invent shit the Spartans invented the phalanx
>>
File: fXue2IW.gif (688 KB, 664x714) Image search: [Google]
fXue2IW.gif
688 KB, 664x714
>>712358657
Is there any debate?
>>
Why would the conquistadors not have guns you retarded cuck
>>
>>712361675
I know tbh I think if a group of vikings and samurai met then the vikings would win
>>
>>712361913
because then its obvious you cuck
>>
>>712361748
>everyone in thread says Viking or spartan
>1 weeb agrees with other weeb samurai are just the besties and so so cool
>weeb 2 says he "looked it up"
>weeb 1 then blindly believes

Holy shit, I had no idea such dumb people existed...
>>
I want to see them all get naked, lubed and start to have sex with each other. In time, all are butt hurt and goes home.
>>
>>712361748
Gooks* and imo vikings didn't have tactics and experience compared to samurai. Never seen any viking discipline or them making strides over hundreds of years and hundred of thousand battles.
>>
>>712361913
To make it a far fight faggot
>>
>>712361974
samurai suck compared to all others
they commit soduko before they even dented the spartan shields
>>
>>712361997
not the spartans, that's how they train
>>
>>712361271

Which the Colonial steel of Conquistadors can easily take, mang o' mine.

>>712361252

Actually, that makes the problem worse, not better. I was being charitable in my assumptions, but if we're talking each knight having to purchase their own kit on their personal income? Forget it. No way each comes out with a full suite of Damascus plate. Hell, many might not even get select pieces made out of it. I'm assuming these hypothetical inter-dimensional warriors have living expenses and property concerns like any normal Feudal lord.

Shit's expensive, yo.
>>
>>712358657
The Spanish had guns and still had skills in sword play. Kinda dumb to include a faction with firearms.
Otherwise Id say the knights due to the better armour and weapons. probably pretty good at fighting in large units as well.
Id imagine samurai would be pretty close in all reguards but I say knights has a pretty decent advantage in arms and armour.

The other factions are respectable but having bronze and iron age equipment would be at a disadvantage
>>
>>712362088
pretty much
>>
>>712361974
Yeah I "looked it up" but did you even finish reading the post? I think spartans would win you uneducated nigger
>>
>>712361731
Or just another time traveler. I see this kind of op on /b/ daily
>>
>>712361974
Hey dumb fuck ever heard of deadliest warrior? You look up the fucking shit. I know I saw that episode. Also keep calling us weebs acting like a liberal when it faces evidence.
>>
>>712358657
Can you specify the battle terrain, hilltops, coast, forrests etc? personal opinion the spartans would win due to pure endurance alone
>>
File: MacEdonians.jpg (147 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
MacEdonians.jpg
147 KB, 439x500
>>712361795
nice try ronald
>>
>>712362172
please let this be an ironic post
>>
>>712362172
your opinion doesn't count weeb
>>
Why would they all fight each other anyway? Soldiers are very pragmatic, and if they don't recognize someone else as known enemy they don't generally try to just kill them as an automatic thing. Curiosity might well overcome savagery and fear
>>
>>712362129
No reason to. Statement samurai could ever win against the Vikings completely invalidated the post and the fact you "looked it up"
>>
>>712362180
spartans win no matter what PHALANX ALL THE WAY
>>
>>712362108
>The Spanish had guns and still had skills in sword play. Kinda dumb to include a faction with firearms.
The 17th century had a lot of transitions. The big one was that sword and gun casualties in combat met parity. That is you can as easily kill a man with a firearm as you can a sword in that era.

When the flintlock was perfected in the 18th century, the sword and armor plates were relegate to ceremonial items as a quick move and a firearm had a better kill ratio.
>>
>>712358657
I like OP's painting of Lithuanians fighting the Crusaders.

I'd say it close between Roman and Spartan phalanx formations they do.
>>
>>712362105
im the dude you responded too

i agree 100% was just pointing out that the kights order wouldnt buy them their shit. if they had to buy their own armor it would mean most would be in the standard surcoat and mail that most crusader knights wore. The extremely wealthy would get the full plate set but that would be a select few. and then there would be a few more with partial plate armor with mostly chain mail.
>>
>>712362172
Please don't be this stupid, weeb....
>>
Turks
>>
>>712362180
Op here. Flat grass lands. Midday. Nice weather. Not cold or hot. Not too windy either. All factions start off in their groups. Although I'm interested in what would happen if all factions started off mixed up among each other
>>
>>712362157
>Or just another time traveler. I see this kind of op on /b/ daily
You want to talk time travel, we just went through John Titor's exit game. Hillary lost the election with Trump getting Presidency.

We just avoided a second civil war, Russia does not attack central Europe and most of all, those financing the war are brought to trial before billions die.

Feels to work on this.
>>
Everyone is talking about full plate for the templars but the order was destroyed in 1320. Best they would have is mail and a great helm.

I would go with the conquistadors. Good quality armor and good quality weapons.
>>
>>712362380
Vikings remain victorious
>>
>>712362172
dont know if im getting baited but basing deadliest warrior as a unit of who would win is like using buzzfeed to get your news
>>
>>712358657
>Romans
would be the best but they rely on manpower and technology, 250 isnt enough and theyre against technologically superior men (they would beat vikings and spartans though)

Tbh it all ends with
Knights Templar v Spanish(no guns) v Samurai

No idea thyere all very well equpped rabble
>>
>>712362234
Dude it's just a fun what if scenario. Don't think too deep about it
>>
>>712362380
OP here, you are not OP
>>
anyone not saying conquistadors is retarded.

it's not just guns--they have better equipment and better tactics (tercio formation) than anyone else. Huge disparity in technology.
>>
>>712362267
It's from deadliest warrior. Not exactly the most educational citation but it's something to use. Stop being a fucking nonce and contribute to the thread faggot
>>
OK hold on the Spartans and Romans are good friends and may team up to from a mega phalanx
>>
>>712361750
without meatshields on the left however the phalanx collapses just like it did when the Macedonians buttraped the Spartans
>>
>>712362469
spartans and romans will be the last ones left and probably spartans win
>>
>>712358657
Probably the vikings.
Most of them used spears mostly, and had access to better metal technology than the Romans, had, assuming each group comes from their best period. They're the most adaptable ground force.

The Knights wouldn't go for them, they'd go for the Spanish, they're the easiest for cavalry to take out, and by then I doubt they would immediately rush into the bristling spears. If they couldn't run away, they wouldn't get far against any of them. Early medieval cavalry is for breaking tired units, not charging into pointy sticks. Horses don't like dying, and the lack of good pole arms for fighting on food doesn't make their odds great, especially since their armour wasn't that much better than the vikings, and wasn't as good as the conquistadors.

The Spartans are potentially troubling, but their era was the bronze age, and the difference between 900AD steel and 400BC bronze and maybe iron isn't something to scoff at. And the vikings are more adaptable and maneuverable despite better equipment, so I think they'd find a way around the flank and do them in in the end.
They could only really fight in a line, and bronze is fucking heavy.

The Romans don't have the adaptability or weapon length for the vikings, the vikings are the sort of soldiers that the roman army had to adapt to fight, and eventually lost to. It's like the romans fighting an army of the nobleman from the time they were effective, rather than peasants.

The spanish, without guns, are well and truly fucked. swords and halberds wouldn't be enough, they were support weapons to the firearms psychological effect.

The samurai, without guns, are also shit, but they usually have longer spears but lack shields or effective close combat weapons against mail or gambesons.
>inb4 katana folded over 6 million jews

But of course it depends on who starts fighting who, and who's left.

If its a big open field, the knights could fuck off and watch it sort itself out.
>>
>>712358657
What era romans and samurai? This is really important. Late era samurai have matchlock spam too. I mean, the sengoku jidai and conquest of the Americas were happening at around the same time.

I'm going to give it to conquistadors though.
>>
>>712358657
Spanish Conquistadors. Superior Armor (on par with Knights). Superior weapons, guns/cannons/crossbows for the win. Probably more "modern" tactics and more adaptable (for medieval standards)
>>
>>712362172
Don't cite Deadliest Warrior as a reliable source. Shitty Nip pig iron would shatter and break on western steel.
>>
>>712362458
obviously doesn't know history. the vikings absolutely destroyed the Romans before they were distracted by Spain, which allowed the Romans to get organised.
>>
>>712362469
Nah fuck off mate. If you're OP what other armies did I consider adding to the list then?
>>
If you're talking about fucking polish knights then maybe. Other than that buying armor was like buying a yacht. if earth had to build an army of yachts we would have some, same thing with plate armors. There were rich people before capitalism too, you know.
>>
>>712362573
OP here. No team ups
>>
>>712362614
circle phalanx formation you dip
>>
...Anonymous
11/19/16(Sat)22:11:18 No.712351322
WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and her dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the -government decided that best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that reads this letter, on a monday night at 12:00a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now post this in another thread, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't.

This isn't fake. apparently, if u copy and paste this to three threadsin the next ten minutes u will have the best day of ur life tomorrow. u will either get kissed or asked out, if u break this chain u will see a little dead girl in your room tonight. in 53 mins someone will say i love you or I'm sorry
>>
>>712362648
How the fuck would the templars take the Spanish when they have halberds?
>>
>>712362007
It wast the tactics that made vikings feared in battle it was their fighting style. they were all berserkers warriors that went in high on narcotics looking for a worthy advisery to send them to Valhalla, wound them and they would just want to kill you more
>>
>>712362703
i think the real question is, what other armies did I consider adding to the list?
>>
>>712361214
>samurai
>literally no armour because its for "cowards"
>no shield either

every army is equal so no "twice as much samurai would wipe out the spartans" since every army is 250 men strong
>>
Probably the dudes with guns, advanced armor, good saddles, and wellbred horses
>>
>>712362543
No its mostly the guns.
If you take away the firearms you just have lightly armored foot solders with harder to break swords. They are not heavy infantry and are not suited to fight such infantry in a unsupported battle against them
At least two of the factions have very protective Armour and very effective melee weapons, Especially the knights.
>>
>>712362648
>The Romans don't have the adaptability or weapon length for the vikings

Every legionary carries 2-3 pila, easily capable of penetrating mail and if one gets stuck in a shield makes that shield useless
if they could fire a volley into the viking ranks would kill a shit ton and ruin most of the shields,
if they fired 2 volleys would kill most of the vikings and leave them with no shields fighting a shield wall of 250 romans
of course this is a hypothetical perfect scenario if the romans are only fighting the vikings and no one else
>>
>>712362648
I think you're on the right track. Either knights or vikings. I feel like knights had better steel and armour due to tech and wealth So I'd probably give them the edge but really it's a toss-up.
>>
>>712362662
Whatever their best period was
>>
>>712362835
"Tactics"
>>
>>712359139
spartans work best as a phalanx, they collapse in one on one battle
>>
>>712362667
They don't have cannons or guns faggot
>>
>>712362856
obviously the Mongolians. those fuckers were super brutal. but they would need there horses.
>>
>>712361214
>I'm pretty sure they would atleast win against spanish
They sure as shit wouldn't.
>>
>>712362812
btfo summer's over
>>
>>712363024
obviously, and also the apache
>>
>>712362856
If you're truly OP then why the fuck am I having a conversation with myself
>>
>>712363003
no they dont they were feared for their teamwork and their ability in one on one combat
>>
>>712363112
i think we both know the answer to that
>>
>>712362970
In that case it comes down to conquistadors vs samurai, IMO. Remember, Tokugawa won the shogunate with pike and shot tactics. Both are kitted out much the same, conquistadors have a edge in gear, but the samurai probably have an edge in morale.
Too close to call.
>>
>>712362835
Wrong. Viking berserkers are a myth. Yeah they wanted to go to Valhalla but not in their first fight. They were disciplined to fight together. That's why they were able to go as far as North Africa and Italy
>>
>>712363022
You can't make up random rules
>>
>>712363187
what if im the OP
>>
>>712362908
>nobody has guns faggot
>>
>>712363252
look at the beginning of the thread bro op clarifies no guns
>>
>>712363276
gtfo poser
>>
>>712363252
he said no guns nigger that means no gunpowder
>>
>>712362829
with lances.
They too, have long sticks.
Unlike the spartans, vikings, or romans, the formation isn't as dense. It wouldn't be easy for them obviously, but they're the easiest target for fairly early European cavalry, and the have the maneuverability to choose, whereas the Romans or Spartans would be stuck fighting whoever's closest. most halberds were under 6 to 7 feet, unlike most spears, which were usually like 7 to 8 or whatever.
>>
>>712363226
Samurai dont have an edge in fuck all
>>
>>712363331
i dont know what you mean your obviously the "poser" here so gtfo
>>
>>712363252
I stated in like 3rd or 2nd reply. Read some of the thread at least
>>
>>712363393
if you're really OP, then what color is your dick?
>>
>>712363336
Shit didn't know that. Good point anon. You win
>>
>>712363276
>>712363331

hello, this is actual op here. neither of you faggots are op
>>
File: 1422111886774.gif (948 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1422111886774.gif
948 KB, 480x360
>>712362433

Thank you.
>>
>>712362883
Im no historian so I dont know when they had it, But some had access to pretty decent steel armor.
I think the biggest flaw with them is using the same weapon for a thousand years without changing it much. Its pretty good at cutting flesh sure. but against metal? I doubt the Katana is particular good at it
The Europeans would modify and adopt entirely new weapons as technology changed by the decade. They had no orthodoxy keeping them from advancing weapons technology.
Studying weapons from Europe from a particular century could be a career in itself.

Also they pretty much perfected plate armor before guns obsoleted them. Dont know if in this case we should assume late medieval top tier armor.
>>
>>712363481
Ffs. There's now two dickheads trying to say they're "OP"
>>
>>712363250
Berserkers aren't a myth and you're looking at it centuries after he's discussing it. The Norse changed as a culture over time; their pagan raiders were not known for discipline during the invasion against the Saxons, but the Christians bodyguards at Constantinople centuries later were.
>>
>>712362456

Pretty much. All those kinds of shows are at least 60% "Entertainment" on the "Infotainment" spectrum. And there I'm being generous. It's only gotten worse with time.
>>
>>712358943
>forgot to mention that
OP=autistic
>>
>>712363336
Not to mention a long stick is useless if you step even a single foot past its pointy bit.

Spear or other long weapon formations are only good at keeping the enemy at a distance when you are fighting against a equal or lesser enemy.
Not a 6 way brawl with a forces too small to be called a army.
>>
>>712362943
>there's no evidence they ever carried more than 1.
>pila weren't that great at piercing decent shields or mail with a padded jacket underneath.

I'd be more concerned about their fighting style, but the vikings took plenty of time to learn tactics and battle strategy, and could move much easier. They could get their flanks easier than the Romans are prepared for, and they had longer hand to hand weapons.
>>
>>712363250
oh im sorry, the vikings were germanic warriors with berserker heritage were they not?
>>
>>712363553
this also, thank you anon. im a strong conservative but imo they took tradition too seriously
>>
>>712363481
my dick colour is american
>>
>>712363553
As far as I'm aware, samurai weren't really swordsmen. I do believe that the primary arm was the bow, and the spear, yari I think? was preferred over the sword.
Didn't they also have access to that huge fuckoff club for armor smashing purposes?
>>712363640
Varangians are elite, no bones about that, but I don't think your run of the mill norse raider was all that great of a fighter. .
>>
>>712363770
That was the most autistic sentence I've ever read, anon.
>>
>>712363770
berserkers didn't exist
>>
>>712363802
>colour
>american
pick one
>>
>>712359552
basic roman legionary is a simple conscript, no serious training... just a huge lot of disciplin... several legions lost to untrained spartacus if u remember, because they were simply conscripted for a fight... In relation the spartans have been training all their lives and lived with the men they are to fight with which offers a huge moral bonus as well.

also, a centurii is only 80 man, so 250 is over 3 actually....
>>
>>712363719
>coming onto a thread and doing nothing but calling somebody an autistic

You are really are a knuckle dragger aren't you
>>
>>712363947
what i do with my knuckles is none of your damn business!
>>
>>712363769
1 source offhand is vegetius' recounts that they carried a maximum of 2
although i will admit vegetius sources arnt the most reliable, but like i said thats just one offhand
>>
>>712363933
>>712363802
Faggots. OP is British so fuck you bellends
>>
File: Best Brown Paper.jpg (43 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
Best Brown Paper.jpg
43 KB, 500x326
>>712358657
All would be crushed by a handful of Chosen Men with a week's supply of paraffin oil and best brown paper.
>>
>>712363890
i meant to say they were Norse warriors with Germanic heritage
>>
>>712363937
very true, most legions were conscripted for campaigns as needed, but the fulltime career legionaries definitely were nothing to scoff at.
im actually embarassed i made that mistake of centurii size
>>
>>712363874
Im fairly sure the club thing(Dont know name) was not a stand part of a samurai kit. If a standard kit exists.
Id imagine they would only consider it when fighting a clan that could outfit a lot of its troops with armor. Id imagine the japs had the same problems as every other civilzation in that they could never afford to give everyone armor all the time.
Im not sure how they went about things but Id imagine a group of them would all carry the same weapon and they would only carry 2 at the most.
Because who carry's 2 swords, A bow, a spear and a club into battle? What is this? Darksouls?
But I have no idea, I just played a bit of shogun 2.
>>
>>712358657
no 'murricans?
>>
>>712358657
>spartans
Historically documented that their boys AND girls were heavily trained and tested till they were men and women. Born into a culture that welcomes death in battle.
>>
>>712364087
ah, no wonder OP is a faggot, he's from Britain
>>
The conquistadors would win you imbeciles, advanced tactics, weapons and armor (yes, excluding firearms) would guarantee a win, not to mention their great love of the Patron Saint and their holy Catholic desire to pure the lesser faiths. Romans lose out on ancient technology.
>>
File: 1479628109363.jpg (115 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1479628109363.jpg
115 KB, 1024x1024
The samurai always win. You guys are so fucking stupid. They cannot be stop it is impossible to beat a true samurai. Showdown at dawn samurai win all week. There sword are the best and armor is the best. You dont know history at all you just say whatever you want.
>>
File: 8.jpg (246 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
246 KB, 1280x1024
>>712361908
>>
>>712361214
deadliest warrior is the typical 'murrican faggot tv show, and you are the typical 'murrican faggot too

> faggot
>>
File: f_69af6d475a.jpg (13 KB, 380x379) Image search: [Google]
f_69af6d475a.jpg
13 KB, 380x379
>>712364234
was it though.

was it, though.
>>
>>712363937
Your talking about the pre Marius reforms right?
>>
>>712364360
anime faggot spotted
>>
>>712364360
>samurai lose because all they think of during the fight is their death poem they are going to write when they are bleeding out on the ground
>>
The conquistadors would win you imbeciles, advanced tactics, weapons and armor (yes, excluding firearms) would guarantee a win, not to mention their great love of the Patron Saint and their holy Catholic desire to pure the lesser faiths. Romans lose out on ancient technology.
>>
>>712364415
Deus Vult brother.
>>
>>712360869
The formula for Damascus steel went lost before Christ was born. Your argument is invalid
>>
>>712363098
no helicopters allowed
>>
>>712364156
go home Captain. Sharpe
>>
>>712364481
>>712364476
I dont like anime. I just know fighting and weapons. You thgink others would win because they are big but you havent engaged in battle or faced your own demise. I have seen things you wouldnt believe. it would make you shit your pants.
>>
>>712364360
You better be trolling cos you just made me kekkle
>>
>>712364481
>my anus is bleeding
>I have been stabbed in the taint
>died for a gay poem
>>
>>712358657
Saracens
>>
>>712364259
At least according to a short google search, the standard loadout was a sword or two, and then a bow or spear depending on preference.

Have a wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Samurai_weapons_and_equipment
>>
>>712364553
The last known manufacturing example was in the 1700's

William marshal had a sword made of it around 1200
>>
>>712364641
if the first line was 5 words it would have been a true haiku
>>
File: www.erotycznyblog.pl_182.jpg (118 KB, 1024x797) Image search: [Google]
www.erotycznyblog.pl_182.jpg
118 KB, 1024x797
Sexy Girls: Pictures & Photos & Just sexy girls & Hot Women & Beautiful Women & Babes & Hot asses in hardcore action & Perfect Girls with Hot nice Tits

www.grandchan,site
>>
>>712364730
nevermind its syllables not words
>>
>>712364682
>>
File: You're a sap Mr Jap.jpg (559 KB, 1247x888) Image search: [Google]
You're a sap Mr Jap.jpg
559 KB, 1247x888
>>712364360
>Nips
>unbeatable
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a dug-in 1919, Luke.
>>
>>712364730
I refuse to do it properly
That fag culture needs to die
>>
>>712364515
They are just light infantry who depended on their guns and mobility as part of a larger force(Or bullying primitives) to succeed.
This kind of fight without their one advantage isnt suited to them.

Its not like someone in good quality Iron armor is easy to kill just on virtue of you sword being steel.
On the other hand a guy with armor only protecting a small portion of his body is kinda easy to kill when you are tried to do it.
You are a at a giant disadvantage when you have aim for gaps in armor or exert yourself to defeat it when your target can just go for the large portion of you that is simply not protected.
>>
>>712364615
butthurt 'murrican neckbeard spotted

> faggot
>>
File: photo.gif (12 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
photo.gif
12 KB, 501x504
>>712359906
None compare to the might of the JEWS!
>>
why its so easy to spot the retards that watch some stupid series on netflix and think they know all about history ?
>>
>>712359139
simple physical differences man, norse men are significantly larger then ancient greece (hmm..would Spartans be considered greeks?)

and anyone who has ever been in real brawl can tell you, mass tends to trump everythign else...thats why calvery charges are so devastating even when you think a row of cuys with sharp point sticks should be able to stamp 3000 pounds of raging muscle.
>>
File: 'Arper.jpg (29 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
'Arper.jpg
29 KB, 320x240
>>712364599
I believe what you meant to say was:
"God. Save. Ireland."

Try it again, Sergeant.
>>
>>712364615
>I just know fighting and weapons
>what is pig iron
>what is slashing against plate
>what is slashing against chainmail
>what is shield vs no shield + no shield removal
>>
File: The-Battle-of-Lepanto.jpg (614 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
The-Battle-of-Lepanto.jpg
614 KB, 1024x704
Knights would win hands down, simply because they have the best melee weapons and armor that would make them nearly fucking impossible to kill for anyone other than the Spanish.

And I'm not talking about full plate mail, even heavy chain + leather + padded layers are going to reliably stop all of the other group's weapons other than the iron and steel pikes of the Spanish. Even regular armor works really fucking well which is why in the late middle ages/early renaissance you saw a rapid escalation in the usage of firearms + pike formations as armor had turned heavy infantry into tanks.
>>
File: 5.jpg (62 KB, 645x403) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
62 KB, 645x403
>>712365197
YES!
>>
>>71236519y
The knights Templar were most prevalent during the early medieval period, they had chainmail, and decent steel, it wasn't as good as you think it was. they're a bit more advanced than the vikings, and a good deal less than the conquistadors.

Their only real advantage is fighting mounted, even then knights died all the time.
>>
>>712358657
>Samurai
No chance I'd say. Armor generally meh-tier, no shields, weapons generally ineffective against armor.
>Romans
Solid group tactics, shields in standard equip, weapons simple and effective, but metallurgy outclassed by most others. Probably lots of heavy battle experience. Could still win but i don't think it's likely.
>Spartans
Armor was shit, weapons and tactics generally similar to but less advanced than the Romans. However, fuckhuge bronze shields and incredibly intense lifelong training are both pluses.
>Vikings
Steel weapons but less advanced than either Templars or Conquistadors. Probably a physical advantage over most others, but i think they fall into a really unfortunate middle ground- they don't have the shield wall/phalanx advantage of the Spartans and Romans, or the advanced tech of the conqs or templars.
>Templars
Heavy steel armor, steel weapons including blunt weapons for dealing with armor, and likely shields. My pick to win, because...
>Conquistadors
Without guns, i think these guys lose to the templars. They have steel armor, but less heavy duty than the templars, and no shields. They also have no weapons with which to deal with an armored opponent, although the steel for their weapons is easily the best. If they had guns they'd 100% for sure win though- without, they lose a core part of what they were set up around.

As such, I'd say Templars win. Too many variables to say for sure though.
>>
>>712365624
the invention of the crossbow killed so many noblemen that the pope outlawed the use because there was less wealthy people to donate to the churches
>>
>>712365630
>Vikings used shield walls all the time.
>1100 to 1200 mail wasn't that much better than 900-1000 mail.
>Early firearms were mostly a psychological weapon.
>Spartans armour was fairly protective from most anything, it wasn't all bronze chest pieces, but they were around and fucking good. They also used linothorax.

Cavalry wasn't good at charging units head on until the 1400's, and it still was better for flanking or breaking units with fear tactics.

>Spartans, Samurai, Vikings, and conquistadors had long pointy sticks
>horses don't like long pointy sticks
>pointy sticks kill horses
>horses don't run into pointy sticks.
>>
>>712365630
vikings had shield walls bro its half the reason they fucked the brits who didn't use it
>>
>>712365845
Even then, knock the fucker off his horse and hit him in the face with an axe.

it worked wonders for the Scottish.
>>
>>712365845
Pope Innocent II banned bows and slings as well, but only against fellow Christians. He had no gripes with ranged weapons being used to saw down heathen scum.
>>
>>712358870
>Spanish Conquistadors with guns otherwise romans
/thread
>>
>>712366056
Except for all those times they, y'know, lost like cross-dressing bitches.
>>
>>712366085
oh yeah should have clarified only against christians and for a very short amount of time
didnt actually know about the slings and bows tho thanks
>>
>>712365981
im a huge fanboy of the lorica segmentata, but the linothorax is the god tier of ancient armor
>>
>>712366029
The Anglo-Saxons and the welsh used shields all the fucking time m80

Their kit wasn't that different, the vikings won because of their tactics and mobility.

They didn't really take much territory on raids because they killed people who weren't ready to fight.

Also every viking that would be found fighting was a warrior, which wasn't the same for every Anglo-Saxon or Briton found fighting. It's the major advantage of fighting a war on someone else's territory.
>>
>>712358657
who actually gives a fuck OP?
>>
>>712366135
It wasn't until Edward I brought in longbowmen that the Scottish started losing the war.

It's the same reason the English didn't fight mounted in the hundred years war. Horses are easy to kill with pikes, and they learned that from losing a bunch of mounted troops to drunk peasants with long sticks.
>>
>>712366294
They're pretty dank. I watched a video a few weeks ago in which they showed a professor shooting a student in the chest while wearing one.
>>
>>712366294
With a bow.
>>
>>712358657
>6 armies of 250 men appear on a field. Who would win?
>>Romans
>>Knights Templar
>>Samurai
>>Spanish Conquistadors
>>Spartans
>>Vikings
>It's a free for all
THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA!
Spartans, hands down.
>>
>>712366610
i watched that and was completely stunned at how effective cloth and glue can be. Ive seen tests with various swords and literally nothing could penetrate this armor.
>>
>>712366845
Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Also it could be replaced before every campaigning season if it had to be.
>>
>>712359139
>2016
>still believing viking stereotypes
>>
>>712364615
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?

C beams glittering in the darkness?
>>
>>712359437
This
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 19

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.