Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

so i just got banned from a bar for not tipping the fucking bartender.....wtf

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 35
so i just got banned from a bar for not tipping the fucking bartender.....wtf oh and his excuse, a bar is a give and take relationship.....yeah i give you the money you ask for, for a certain drink then you supply me with said drink i'm not going to give you a 150% tip for a lously $1.50 drink.
>>
>>710959446
You mean you dont tip a dollar per drink? Thats how you get the bartender to hook you up
>>
IN WHAT COUNTRY?????
>>
Sounds like ypu need to wait for him and stab him in the throat.
>>
>>710959446
I never tipped anyone and everyone's ok with that here.

You're provided a service, you pay for said service.

If they want a bonus they upgrade the price.
That's how it works.
>>
>Live in country where minimum wage isn't that of slaves
>Most places even if you offered a tip they could not take it
>Never have to tip anything
>???
>Profit
>>
>>710959824
That's how any sensible industry works but the service industry is made up entirely of cheapskate managers and entitled as fuck employees. I've worked in kitchens and these people will tear customers to shreds the moment they leave if they didn't bend over and give them extra free money for doing a very easy job.
>>
File: 4564645674765.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4564645674765.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
Here in Mexico we never tip, BUT some american companies are trying to force their tipping "culture" here, like dominoes pizza, and some low class restaurants.
>>
>>710960240
I forgot to mention there's a restaurant called chinatown or something and they have strictly forbidden to receive a tip even the delivery guys tell you: "No man, we dont accept extra "
>>
>>710960180
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's very easy, from what I see it's probably relentless and exhausting, I see how it would be overlooked and underpaid, but it's not the customer problem, it's the employer/employee's problem.
>>
Its cheaper to just buy booze and drink at home. If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to dine or drink out you fuck.
>>
>>710960167
what a magical country.
in America you can't support yourself on minimum wage because everyone in the world wants to move here, America wants to move their business everywhere else, so no one can afford to pay anyone honest wages or schedule anyone for hours.

borders need to be closed up, the cookie jar is fucking closed.
>>
>>710960882
waiter/delivery guy detected
Its not about we cant afford it (because we can) its that we the cusomers are being blamed and forced to pay for something your boss and company should pay.
>>
>>710961014
>Blaming immigration for the greedy Jew business owners who screw you.
Fucking cuck.
>>
>>710959446
The only place I tip is at bars. Staying friends with the bartender who's gonna serve you regularly will save you more money in the long run in my experience. I'll get half off a bottle of booze plus mixer every friday. That's like 40-50 dollars just because we're 'pals'.
>>
File: 1207713936050.jpg (6 KB, 150x99) Image search: [Google]
1207713936050.jpg
6 KB, 150x99
>>710961014
>Blaming foreigners when its really just upper class fucking the working class

Well done puppet man.
>>
>>710961212
THIS OMG.
>>
>>710961225
I'm saving 40-50 dollars that is. Bottle of booze + mixer is about 90 dollars after midnight on friday + saturday
>>
>>710961408
I drink a bottle of alcohol at a bar by myself every weekend, let me give advice
>>
>>710959446
You are probably an obnoxious asshole, and not leaving a tip was the final straw.
>>
>>710959446
Any bar that throws you out not for tipping will not last long.
>>
>>710960882
Honestly, I go to a bar mostly for the social scene and not the drink. Drinking home alone is a slow suicide.
>>
when I was younger I use to only drink 151 at the bar. It was 5 dollars a shot.... for the price it was a nice cheap drunk considering most shots were 4 bucks for something around 80 proof. Now that shit is 9 dollars a shot. My point is don't buy bitches drinks at the bar. Smoke a joint with them instead.. it's cheaper.
>>
>>710959583
this OP. if cheap booze is all you want, why not just drink at home?
>>
>>710961823
By all means, share your advice.
>>
>>710961232
>>710961212

>Samefagging this hard...
>.<
>>
>>710962034

Or a way of life!
>>
I get trashed in the bathroom at bars. You save so much more that way.Just go "poop" and pull the bottle from your dick area.
>>
>>710960757
Every job is relentless and exhausting, that's why it's called work. It's a revolving-door job made up of privileged white twenty-something girls and gay men with no other skills and two functioning arms. The fact that servers and kitchens will go so far as to tamper with your meal because you didn't give beyond the cost of the product is criminal.
>>
>>710962429
Ayyyyyyyy
>>
>>710959446

In my experience, only super autistic people worry about tipping.

Poor people tip to be nice. Rich people tip cause they don't care. Mid-rangers tip because it's normal.

Autists have this weird obsession with valueing everything to the exact cent and panicking at the idea that socially tossing a few bucks at a bartender will get them a stronger drink. It's the same type of people who insist that it should be illegal to sell cars without an exact dollar amount.

OPs story is a very obvious lie, unless they live in a rural area. No one gets banned from bars. You just get shitty watered down drinks and poor service. Which you SHOULD if you don't get the basic social interaction idea that tossing a few singles across a bar makes the bartender super happy and makes you look like a badass mate/friend
>>
File: CRAZYLOOKINGGUYLOLOLOL.jpg (2 KB, 126x124) Image search: [Google]
CRAZYLOOKINGGUYLOLOLOL.jpg
2 KB, 126x124
>>710962869
>>
If you want an exact exchange of dollar amount per drop of liquor, buy your booze in a bottle.

If you insist every human interaction be measured by the ounce, do everyone a favor and stay home before you ruin the party, buzzkill.
>>
>>710963240
lololololol
>>
File: bill call.jpg (5 KB, 189x200) Image search: [Google]
bill call.jpg
5 KB, 189x200
>>710962676
Not enough room there. HEYOOO! *high fives all around
>>
>>710963179
>Not tipping makes you look like a loser autist with no friends
>Tipping makes you look like a handsome cool guy who gets laid a ton!

Don't you have some tables to wipe down?
>>
I ask people to buy me drinks. Works all the time.
Don't ask a group of girls though. They get super pissed. Loners will buy you one. I never stay to chatter.
>>
>>710964013
>>Fact
>>Fact

unrelated bullshit
>>
File: fuckisthis.png (686 KB, 718x960) Image search: [Google]
fuckisthis.png
686 KB, 718x960
>>710963633

this is now a funny looking nigger thread
>>
File: u-WUT-M8.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
u-WUT-M8.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>710964056
>>
>>710964013
>Tipping makes you look like a handsome cool guy who gets laid a ton!

literally the entire point of tipping.
>>
>>710964106
>You're an idiot
>You're an idiot

Tipping is wrong and your crappy job isn't the rest of the worlds problem. Expecting to be personally paid by your customers regardless of level of service is some next-level greedy bullshit.
>>
>>710963179
>It's the same type of people who insist that it should be illegal to sell cars without an exact dollar amount.

How the fuck else do you do it? You set a price, I pay the price you set.
>>
>>710959446
where the flying fuck can you buy a drink for $1.50?

go to bed, kid.
>>
>>710964315

I've not once worked in the service industry.

Not understanding social interactions is going to get you cucked hard by life though.
>>
>>710961298
>OMG
Kill yourself facebookcuck.
>>
File: DeathByVikingSolemnOath.jpg (47 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
DeathByVikingSolemnOath.jpg
47 KB, 600x400
>>710959446
I'm a bartender. I'm highly invested in the patrons who come to our pub, and I tailor make our beer, wine and cocktail list to suit the clientele of the city I live in. I go above and beyond to find/make something you've never had and teach you about how it's made or the history behind it. Drinks are a fun hobby if you really get into them.

Now why would I do that if I made $10 an hour? Because the customers wouldn't come back? There is always a market for alcohol, people will still be there. The bar will always have it's regulars who drink the same thing every other night. It's the ones who spend the big money on my on-the-spot cocktails, or get the $15 Sour Saison Ale because I told them they'd love it, those customers are the ones who come back and tell their friends. But if I was making $10 an hour still, why would I want more work?

Good help is hard to find, and when our other bartenders and servers are passionate about their work, they're paid better. People who can't keep up or don't care make less money and usually don't last long.
>>
>>710964013
Why would I give the tiniest piece of fuck what I look like?
>>
old white guys buy me drinks all the time. I guess they feel bad about the whole slavery thing... or they want me to fuck their wife while they watch.
>>
>>710960167
>Everyone in the world
Fuck off you Americunt
>>
>>710964459
good point but that doesn't mean you should be tipped, tbh the whole tip system is bs. You deserve a raise.
>>
File: lolthisnigga.jpg (42 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
lolthisnigga.jpg
42 KB, 240x200
>>710959446
what swill did you order that only cost $1.50?
>>
I bartend twice a week in addition to my everyday position, which is a comfy office job where I have my own office and complete autonomy and I get paid pretty well.

I bartend to fund my golf and expensive booze habits. Let me tell you this, if you don't tip me, I'm going to be exceedingly unfriendly to you, make you wait forever, purposely pour you a fucked up/weak/otherwise shitty drink. If you order food and don't tip, I'll make sure that shit sits under the heat lamps for an extra half hour, at least. I'll make it a generally unpleasant experience for you. Because the reason I'm there is to make fucking money. If you don't tip, you're not making me money, so I dont give even half a fuck about you, not only that, I actively want you to hate being in my bar so you'll leave faster. You know who doesn't tip? Niggers, Indians, and immature <24 year olds. It's a bad look and just shows you are a broke ass, ignorant piece of shit.
>>
>>710964426
Again, I actually have worked in the service industry and there is not a single thing any of us do that warrants extra free money. It has nothing to do with social interactions and everything to do with entitlement.
>>
>>710964475
That was my point. I was making fun of the person implying tipping makes you look a certain way.
>>
>>710964904
Says the underage faggot with no money who's never had a job in his pathetic neck bearded forever virgin life.

Eat shit and die.
>>
>>710959446
it's the scam of the republican. the boss gets away with no paying his workers, and the workers get mad at the customers instead of their boss.
>>
>>710959446
I feel you, anon
tipping a bartender to reach into a fridge and crack a beer is fucking stupid

unfortunately I cave under social pressures

t. tipping cuck
>>
File: PainCaveSolemnOath.jpg (448 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
PainCaveSolemnOath.jpg
448 KB, 950x633
>>710964655
Sure I do, but why would the bar owner give me one? There's a million other suckers that can open beer and make cosmos for the regulars for $10 an hour.

People actually like what I do, and bring their friends back to check out all the cool shit our place has. They also have no problem tipping me when I make some cool cocktail on the spot that they couldn't get anywhere else in town.

To be honest, if you and your wife/gf came in and got a $100 bottle of Amarone, I would hope that you don't tip me $15-20 just to open and pour the damn thing for you, that's stupid in my opinion. Tipping rewards service, some people are better than others at providing it.
>>
>>710964459
Passionate people who put in the work like you deserve to be paid well above minimum wage because what you're doing requires a specific skill. People who work at Denny's don't deserve a gratuity for bringing me fast food.
>>
Nice
>>
This whole thread is bait
>>
File: 1471841528618.png (10 KB, 712x649) Image search: [Google]
1471841528618.png
10 KB, 712x649
My family is Jewish. My dad told me that his father used to give him extra money when he went out to eat, on the condition that my dad give a large tip and say to the server, "remember, the Jew is generous."

What I'm trying to say is you're worse than Jews. Not tipping is the height of white trashness.
>>
>>710964674
You are a cancer on the service industry. Your regular wage is the money you're there to make and if you treat your customers poorly because they don't want to give you free money for no extra work then you should be fired on the spot. The only reason garbage people like you can continue to operate is because that whole industry is a giant circle-jerk where you all complain about how hard it is to perform basic functions that a child could do.
>>
File: Pliny.jpg (131 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
Pliny.jpg
131 KB, 560x373
>>710965238
True, but I haven't been on /b in ages

>>710964904
What was your exact position? I used to work at a popular shitty Italian restaurant that would leave me drenched in sweat after doing the sheer amount of bitch running around for free refills, and I didn't get tipped squat for essentially being someone's bitch.

I've also worked in fine dining where businessmen would order a $60 meal and a couple bottles of wine that were even more expensive and tip me obscenely generously even after I only went to the table a few times. That kind of tipping is pretty unwarranted.
>>
>>710964459
>But if I was making $10 an hour still, why would I want more work?
You don't want more work, being a bartender is just a way to fill in time before you get a real job, so you work as little as possible for about six months then you move on with your life to a more "adult" job.
>>
>>710965060
I work full time and am in school but I guess it makes it easier for me to be wrong in your mind if I'm a cartoon character with all the negative attributes you can think of.
>>
>>710964459
I see what you're saying but I fail to see why is it a customer's responsibility to make sure they will get a good service from you? Why doesn't establishment pay you more? Why do you have to extort money for the job you CHOSE to do?
This is purely American culture that seeped into other countries. EVERYTHING is service. You buy groceries at a supermarket - lady scanning your items and bagging them providing you with a service. Having problems with a laptop - call customer service. Riding on a bus - service. Shit man I just came to a bar in hopes of watching a game after work in quiet. I say Corona, please. Already paying $8 for it. Why do I need to give you an extra $1 for you bending over, getting it from a freege and opening it for me? How do you justify that?
>>
Haha I feel you on that one buddy. However, just keep in mind that restaurants don't care about you, they will always try and squeeze every last dollar out of you. Source? I work in a restaurant in Manhattan.
Usually it pans out like this

>you order incredibly overpriced food
>accompanied by your $4 dollar soda/ $9 beer
>ask for the check
>if you're a party larger than 6 or a foreigner I will add gratuity to your bill, no exceptions
>18% gratuity cause this is Manhattan you cheap fuck
>you're screwed in paying, or you cheat the system by paying in cash and not leaving the gratuity amount

That my friends, is how I make a fucking killing serving over priced garbage to you.
>>
>>710961014
is that the excuse you use to make yourself feel better about being a fucking loser living in your parent's house not because you want to or can, but because you can't support yourself?
>>
If you can't afford to tip you're supposed to drink at home mate
>>
>>710965433
Following that logic, why would you make an exception for a bar/restaurant and nothing else? Do you tip when you buy gas? Do you tip when buy your groceries? Do you tip your cable company? I've been stopped by many people who wanted to know what time it is, bastards never tipped me but they tip a bartender. I don't get it. I really don't.
>>
>>710965470
Lol. I don't need the job. If I'm not making 200+ a night then its not worth it. If you come to my bar and don't tip me, prepare to be treated like the piece of shit cocksucker that you are.
>>
>>710960882
It's never about not being able to afford it, it's about not wanting to pay extra for something some shit head doesn't deserve but feels entitled to. If a person goes above and beyond their job requirements then they should be tipped, some dick cheese that is upset minimum wage is too low but doesn't do anything about it except bitch and moan about how customers should be giving them extra money instead of their bosses don't deserve it
>>
File: Heady.jpg (66 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Heady.jpg
66 KB, 500x373
>>710964674
>>710965470
It sometimes can be. Restaurants are usually very understaffed and doing simple things can be infuriating when you have lots of other people who require your attention. So why would you get Mr. Dickhead his extra side of butter when you know he's going to give you a big fat 0 on that tip slip if you can go to table A, B, and C and take care of people who will at least have the decency to leave you a few bucks to run around bringing them stuff?

People who don't understand how hectic some places are clearly have never worked in them, and don't realize that every person has a priority list they follow.
>>
>>710965491
I worked on the line. I guess I wasn't very specific in my incoherent rage but I do think that going above and beyond like you had mentioned to make everything great for your customers does deserve a reward, but this idea of mandatory tipping always struck me as holding the customers enjoyment hostage.
>>
>>710965863
Bar fights were invented for scum like you, I would smash a bottle of beer over your head if you acted like an arrogant piece of shit with me.
>>
>>710961408
you save more money by not tipping, and you save your liver by not becoming an alcoholic
>>
>>710965974
Nah I dont think so faggot. I kick little fucks like you out at the slightest hint of uppitiness. And if you don't tip, I'm not getting you shit. You'll sit there and wait until you walk out and go home like the bitch you are.
>>
>>710965863
Then find a different second job and stop making your scummy personality everyones problem. Better yet, kill yourself.
>>
>>710965916
Then get a better job. Your job being shitty is not my problem.
>>
>>710966140
Nah I think I'll continue publicly shaming broke faggots such as yourself while making my extra 2k/month.
>>
>>710964338
>paying sticker price
oh you poor sweet child
>>
>>710965916
or how about you do away with the gratuity system altogether and be forced to do your job properly without jumping through hoops for petty change?
>>
>>710966042
I'm not an alcoholic, I drink a couple times per week and never allow myself to actually become drunk.
>>
>>710966246
>Implying these broke bitches who cant tip a dollar a drink could ever afford a car.
>>
>>710964674
Shitheads like you shouldn't be allowed to work where they might interact with other people. Tipping is a reward for exceptional job, not "please don't fuck me over" tax.
>>
>>710966311
You don't like it? Stay the fuck home.
>>
>>710964674
You don't deserve to be tipped. People like >>710965142 do.
>>
>>710964459
ehh majority of bars i've gone to don't know how to mix a drink

simple test i've derived to figure out if the bartender knows what they're doing/what i like

ask for gin + some form of schnapps (rumple minz preferred) + mineral water

if they ask for what ratio i want- major bonus
>>
File: 120.jpg (131 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
131 KB, 500x375
>>710965543
I've personally known a bartender who lived in New York who made just under 100K a year. He came back to town for about 6 months for family reasons and was one hell of a bartender. It is a seriously high paying profession, and there is a massive market for craft cocktails, high end alcohol and exclusive beer and wine.

>>710965626
Because I only have to charge you $3 for that Corona, and I'd suggest maybe a Modelo or even a Beerito from Oskar Blues instead. If you really only need the same beer over and over, yeah I can understand if you only threw 2 bucks on the counter for me. Although you'd never step foot in my pub.
>>
>>710966232
Why would you assume I'm broke because I morally disagree with something? Nobody is being shamed because of your passive-aggressive tantrums. People just think "wow the service here is terrible, lets not come back", or did you forget you work for a business and actively being a shit to people is bad?
>>
>>710964575
or they want to fuck you.
p.s we kinda miss slavery, every now & then we talk about bringing it back but the consensus is that niggers aren't worth the hassle so we'll just let you die out.
>>
>>710966422
Guess what? I work my balls off and I'm friendly and I'm a great bartender. Until you stiff me, then you're dead to me and I'm not lifting a fucking finger for you after that moment. That's how it works.
>>
File: niggercorndog.jpg (29 KB, 577x564) Image search: [Google]
niggercorndog.jpg
29 KB, 577x564
>>710964141
>>
Just tip your fucking server you pieces of shit. If you got the money to have your food made for you, you can afford a fucking tip. I don't have to deal with piece of shit customers at my work, TIG welding, so a tip isn't needed. But servers have to deal with dozens/hundreds of asshole customers. Most go above and beyond what they need to do, so that extra work should be rewarded. This waitress at Perkins could remember the orders of 12 people without writing anything down perfectly, she got a fatass tip.
>>
>>710964459
This is the kind of shit that deserves tipping. Unfortunately this is a very rare thing to see, most of the time it's some shmuck just doing the bare minimum his job requires and gets upset when he doesn't get a tip.
>>
>>710960167

Oh you mean Australia?
>>
>>710966475
Yeah, that's the point faggot. I don't fucking want you back, and I want you to think the service is terrible if you don't tip. No tip = shitty service. Is that difficult for you to understand?
>>
Just remember: if a bartender is a dick to you, there are plenty of ways to get back at them.
>>
>>710966601
Ohhh shit, I love Perkins.
>>
>>710959446
I got kicked out from a bar once for not tippy the bartender and we waited till it close and we knock him out on the street to empty his pockets. Canada is paradis for social justice.
>>
>>710966671
Please tell the owner that you do your best to drive away paying customers. I'm sure he'll give you a raise on the spot.
>>
>>710965932
I hate this freaking idea of tipping. I just don't get it. Imagine going through the surgery and worrying that the succes of the operation would depend on the amount of tip you leave to the surgeon. Othervise he might put a sick in your mouth while you knocked out or "accidentally" forget his tools inside you. Like wtf? If you can't handle the work for the pay it offered why bother to go in that field? Again, don't like the money then take it with your boss or leave. Customers shouldn't be responsible for whether or not you can buy yourself a new iPhone.
>>
>>710964575
Or they know you're unemployed because you're a nigger
>>
>>710966601
I can afford it but I don't. Do you tip your garbage man? I mean come on, if you can afford to have someone take your garbage every morning then why not give him a nice tip?
>>
>>710966601
The idea of "you can afford to eat out, you can afford to tip" is beyond retarded. I cannot stress this enough YOU DO NOT DESERVE EXTRA FREE MONEY FOR DOING YOUR JOB. Dealing with the public is like any other bad part of any job. You deal with it, cash your cheque, and move on with your life.
>>
>>710966766
Yeah? Well this is America and I carry a fucking 38. Please try that shit on me so I can put a hole in your skull.
>>
File: Blantons.jpg (669 KB, 2048x1228) Image search: [Google]
Blantons.jpg
669 KB, 2048x1228
>>710966152
Someone else would need to fill that position, and it being shitty will not change. And if nobody wants a shitty job, the position won't be filled, and the restaurant will close. So the shitty job becomes your problem, because the place you like to eat at is now closed.

If it remained open, they'd charge far higher prices for the food in order to pay higher wages. Another problem for you, the consumer. Profit margins aren't always great for restaurants and bars, I see the numbers myself at my own place. Sometimes we are in the red. Lots of places close down after just a few months.

>>710966276
Define "forced"?

>>710966436
Interesting, I've never been asked that. Although if you ask for a Manhattan, I serve it up after asking whether you'd like it sweet, dry or perfect. We do Cinnamon-Brandy cherries in house, local cherries too ;)
>>
>>710966897
>cheque
Broke third world faggot detected
>>
>>710966897
>"b-but talking to people is srs bsns!!"
inb4
>>
>>710966671
So despite paying for the drinks I've ordered you want to permanently drive me away as a customer because I didn't personally pay you? I'd understand your dogshit personality a bit better if the job was paid entirely by tips but as it stands you make a wage and are expected to do the fucking job you're paid for. Is it that difficult for you to understand?
>>
>>710966121
Big fucking man hiding behind your anonymity. Tell me what bar you work at and where it is and I'll fucking come down and kick your fucking teeth in you little pussy piece of shit.
>>
File: 1464297931974.jpg (28 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1464297931974.jpg
28 KB, 498x412
>>710967031
>>
>>710967031
we spell it that way in leaf land, not 3rd world yet
>>
>>710967159
We get paid 3 dollars an hour, you ignorant fuck. The job IS entirely dependant on tips. Luckily there are enough people who are not as poor and ignorant as you are who understand that so on a 6.5 hour shift I generally go home with 200-250. When you don't tip me, I want you to gtfo so I can concentrate on the people who do tip.
>>
File: OldFashioned.jpg (278 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
OldFashioned.jpg
278 KB, 500x500
>>710967159
There are places that let you purchase alcohol far cheaper without having to deal with members of the service industry

They are called liquor stores and super-markets. I daresay you've got that game on your TV at home too, no?
>>
No, I'm going to go to "your" bar and make sure to waste as much of your time as I can. We all know you're just lying to make up for your shitty IRL. Most pathetic thing ever tbh, lying to internet strangers lmao what a fag.
>>
>>710966306
No one doesn't tip because they can't afford it you retard, it's because it's a fucking stupid practice to begin with
>>
>>710966930
forced as in doing what is expected of you in a reasonable amount of time without playing favorites because one might give you slightly more. Instead of " A and B need these things but C might give me two extra bucks so I'll help them first" it'd be "A, B, and C need things so I'll service them equally".
>>
>>710967169
>posting my place of employment on /b/
Yeah ok. I'm 6' 220 lbs and I'd beat the ever loving piss out of you. If you're in mercer county, NJ id love for you to come find the fuck out.
>>
>>710964674
i hope someone figures out you do that sort of shit and then kicks yer head the fuck in
>>
>>710967031
Canadia spells it cheque
>>
>>710966504
keep living your life like a self entitled dick hole and you'll eventually meet someone crazy enough to just fucking kill you.
>>
>>710967373
Oh really? So it's coincidence that young autists such as yourself, who ask me what the cheapest beer is, and niggers with ebt cards are the ones who never tip? Interesting.
>>
>>710967169
I'm with this anon. Fancybar anon, we're calling you out you little bitch. Tell us where you work, well come pay you a visit, pussy ass bitch, I'll give you a "tip" you won't forget. Betting you don't have the balls.
>>
The tipping system is fucking retarded.

Pay more money for preferential treatment? Fuck off with that. Here in Australia every customer is equal, and if your bartender/waiter/etc gives you shit service, then they get fired.
>>
>>710966442
Listen, if I came there in a mood to chat and learn something new about beer, sure. I'd be all starry eyed and making it rain so that I can horde all that attention of your sexy ass to myself. But shouldn't there be a standard to your work? I mean if you're tipped you go beyond and if you're not you just provide the standard. Some people just come for the product, you know. Also, some people are not falling but still want to experience normal life.

I feel like those who actively defending tipping culture to their last breath are just entitled much. Try youtubing service in Japan for once. Youd be amazed of how much better service is over there. Because what you call going far and beyond expectations here is the standard there. They are bending over and spreading their cheeks for you and not expecting you tipping them in return. And why is that I wonder?
>>
>>710967528
I'm the crazy one. Nobody has ever fucked with me in my entire life. I do the fucking.
>>
>>710967454
Lol fag. Knew you were just making shit up. Which bar do you work at?
>>
>>710967454
everyone is 6 foot tall on the internet

you said you were a bartender not a bouncer lol

still you need to get beaten the fuck up one day anon karma will come for yer jew ass.
>>
>>710966601
There are plenty of jobs that require dealing with hundreds of asshole customers and don't require/expect tips. When I was younger I worked a shit job at a massive movie theater complex and had to sever people food and deal with the shit holes of the earth day in and day out. I never expected a tip, and people even got fired for accepting tips.
>>
>>710967681
Edgy. Go to bed you'll miss your algebra 1-2 midterm tomorrow.
>>
>>710965062
I dont think it's a republican scam per se, but it is indeed a way to shift responsibility from the employers to a third party to ensure the worker is paid enough which is fucking bullshit.

They don't allow tips in Japan and they work very hard to be good to customers.
>>
>>710967310
Well shit, I actually didn't know that. I assumed that it was the same as in Canada where bartenders are paid the same minimum wage as everyone else. I'd be a douche too if it meant the difference between 18$ and 250$. My bad.
>>
>>710967310
$3 an hour but if less than minimum wage is earned your employer is required to pay the difference, so really it's not $3 you stupid cunt.
>>
>>710967709
That is my actual height though. And like I said, I've handed down several beatings in my life to people just like you. I'd love to have another opportunity.
>>
Tipping is degenerate, it's just the owner not wanting to pay a proper wage
>>
>>710967865
I make 55k before commisions at my main job. Why the fuck would I work for minimum wage?
>>
>>710959446

All bartenders are cocksuckers
>>
All the Jews crawling out of the woodwork tonight. Servers get paid jack shit and rely on tips, same for a lot of bartenders. Go be niggers somewhere else
>>
>>710967596
Yes, it's a fucking coincidence you dense piece of shit
>>
File: 16374073690_8c1c4a2e59_m.jpg (41 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
16374073690_8c1c4a2e59_m.jpg
41 KB, 240x240
>>710959446
Next time, go to a Liquor Store.
>>
>>710967883
>I'd love to have another opportunity.
Well today's your lucky day. I'm waiting, Fagboy. Post your work I'll meet you there for drinks.
>but everyone here knows your blowing smoke out your ass and won't do it
>>
File: LastWord.jpg (72 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
LastWord.jpg
72 KB, 1024x512
>>710967373
It is a practice that rewards an industry that not only requires it's employees to run around and retrieve things for you on command, but to be obsessively knowledgeable on their products.

This is why most shitty restaurants are shitty because none of the employees care, and they usually don't care because their patrons treat them like crap. Not just financially, but patrons are often extremely rude in the most outrageous of cases.

This is why nicer restaurants are nicer because the employees are the best at what they do, because their patrons will reward them for it. I've talked extensively with customers about what drinks or food to get, and usually I get it right, and they are gracious to me for it. These are wealthy patrons usually just looking for a place to get the best shit in town.

Work=reward is a simple concept that some people are happy to pay for. Others are not, yet expect to be treated the same way even though they have no idea how physically and mentally demanding these types of jobs often are.

I took a break from the service industry to do some factory work at $14/hr, because the restaurant I worked at sucked ass. The patrons were rude and the hours were long and seriously tiresome. My factory job consisted of lifting car parts and inspecting welds and seams for cracked steel, and I lifted heavy ass car parts for 8 hours on 3rd. At the end of the shift I still felt better than I used to running around the restaurant remembering 80 things and getting talked down to by people who drove shittier cars than me.
>>
>>710968026
And in places where they get paid well, they'll still expect tips.
>>
>>710967454
Lol you're a fucking joke, be a little more specific so I can drive over and see what a little bitch you are in person. I live in NYC shouldn't take too long
>>
>>710967838
Nope. If I made no tips I'd take home like 25 dollars a shift. It's part of the deal, you go to a bar, and you tip. It's one thing if you order one beer from me and that's it. I don't care about the dollar. It's when you run up a 50 dollar tab and don't tip that makes me want to murder you. And it never fails that the people who do that are the most cunty and demanding so thats why I have such a harsh stance on the whole thing. It's a certain type of person (niggers mostly) who is rude, demands extra time and service from you, and doesn't tip a fucking dime. So I learn how these people behave and I adjust my service accordingly. You give me nothing?I give you nothing. You treat me well, I'll make you feel right the fuck at home, make you laugh, hook you up with big pours or a free beer or two, etc. It's a reciprocal relationship. And in fact, I try to establish that right away with a strong drink or friendly banter. That's part of the job. But if you are, in turn, an asshole or stiff me,then you're dead kiddo.
>>
ITT: shit that didn't happen

That being said I'll tip the barmaid at my local bar a couple times a night, in return when there is a lot of people waiting I get served first and will occasionally get free beer, so yes OP a bar is a give and take relationship
>>
>>710968029
>being this blind to reality
>>
>>710967883
same weight as me but 3 inches shorter, should be a fun time
>>
>>710968430
>hook you up with big pours or a free beer or two, etc.

So you steal from the owner to pad your tips? That's basically what you are admitting.
>>
>>710967979
To feed your alcohol addiction you fucking joke of a human being.
>>
File: MikkellerMotherPuncher.jpg (146 KB, 490x737) Image search: [Google]
MikkellerMotherPuncher.jpg
146 KB, 490x737
>>710967453
I do serve people equally, you get tipped after they pay. However I certainly play favorites according to how they treat me as a human being. There is a striking correlation between bad tippers and the amount of attitude they usually give you. I've been in the business a long time.

>>710967655
Japan is certainly more cultured than we are. But you have to remember, because of this very reason, many patrons have no problem tipping for outstanding service because there is so much shitty service out there. I truly believe that some places should have the policy and shitty places should abolish it entirely. Shitty places are usually filled with dumbass servers/bartenders and equally rude asshole patrons. This doesn't exist in Japan/Europe because people are generally decent to one another.
>>
Being a server is so much easier in straya. No need to remember who tipped what, you just do your job as best you can and serve everybody equally.
>>
>>710968484
could say the same thing to you buddy
>>
>>710961014
> cookie jar is closed
A cookie jar implies that there's something good, what's good about getting paid a shitty wage you can't afford to live on? How fucking delusional are you
>>
>>710965433
>"remember, the Jew is generous."
Come on this must be the funniest copypasta ever
>>
>>710968380
First of all, I'm shocked that you're actually so retarded as to think I'd post where I work here. Not trying to have you nolifers harass my place of employment and try to get me fired. Second of all, these Internet fist fight conversations are always hollow and you know that. Thirdly, I haven't lied about a single thing and unless you're massively huge or an active mma fighter I would most likely destroy you. I fought Muay Thai and Jun Fan for about a decade. That was a while ago but I'm sure it wouldn't matter. Believe what you want though, little guy.
>>
>>710968567
I know you're not old enough to drink yet, but that's what every bar in the history of bars not named fucking Applebees does for their customers.
>>
Yeah it's kinda sad, never understood the point in buying a $4 beer then having to tip them $2 on top. Not being cheap but that is the price of a 6 pack by it's self.

Also when did the advertising go to complete shit here?
>>
>>710968155
No one here is complaining about tipping people who go above and beyond what is required of them, those people deserve a tip. We're all talking about the entitled shit stains of humanity that will fuck customers in the asshole because they didn't want to give their shitty waiter/bartender/etc extra money for no reason
>>
>>710968967
Stay home, poorfaggot
>>
>>710968155
>I took a break from the service industry to do some factory work at $14/hr, because the restaurant I worked at sucked ass. The patrons were rude and the hours were long and seriously tiresome. My factory job consisted of lifting car parts and inspecting welds and seams for cracked steel, and I lifted heavy ass car parts for 8 hours on 3rd. At the end of the shift I still felt better than I used to running around the restaurant remembering 80 things and getting talked down to by people who drove shittier cars than me.
This is why I stopped going to destination bars and high end restaurants. The staff are so on edge, it is hard to have them break their game face and be themselves.

I find those that patron these snobby places are some of the most insecure pricks around. Here in Silicon Valley, this one place called Santana Row is full of some of the worst "I am rich" posers you can imagine. I was invited to one trendy fusion Chinese / Japanese places that looks like a gold plated Ikea showroom with not a single organic curve in the whole design. I get turned off but the client wanted to meet here.

I'm immediately sized up by a dozen or so types in designer dressed and suits. I intentionally dressed down to give the place a "fuck you" in great Silicon Valley style not respecting shown money.

Waitress treated me like shit. She took our orders. While we were waiting I said, "You know what, I bet most of these people in the sound of my voice are in fucking debt to their ears trying that bullshit 'look it till you have it' mindset that rarely works out." This one gook wanted to fucking kill me with her look as soon as I said it. I returned the stare and laughed.

Food showed, some mix of sushi and sweet and sour pork. I don't insult the food but instead tip the waitress DURING the meal. She has a turn of face, I get a free sampler with the chef asking for opinions. It was not bad. (cont.)
>>
>>710959446
You're both assholes.

You should tip a bartender about a buck per drink he makes for you, maybe more if he's been making complicated drinks and/or stuff that takes a longish time to mix up (a mojito or old-fashioned or something).

The bartender, however, shouldn't throw you out for not tipping (although if it's his own establishment or if he had permission or something, he can do whatever he wants), but he doesn't have to give you great service if he knows his time would be better served making drinks for tipping patrons.

Just fucking tip, you cheap SOB.
>>
>>710969087
Get some bizarre ice tea drink with those thick gelatin balls inside. Talked business. Overall not a bad meal.

Walk out and ask aloud in front of the waitress, "You think this place will make it or is it a tax write off for someone to keep their wife busy?" Some old Japanese bitch right behind the counter nearly throws a fit staring at me. I laugh again.

Get the waitress phone number. We fuck that night.
>>
>>710968851
You could've saved yourself a lot of trouble by not going full internet tough guy. You are literally faceless, nameless words on a screen to everyone in this thread. Not a single shred of who or what you are physically irl matters here. This is a conversation about tipping that devolved into arguing because you felt the need to personify what people hate about tipping culture.
>>
>>710969265
>artistic works of fiction
>>
I dont tip, if the price ends up with me having coins, I may leave them for you. Bartenders who ignore me get reported for overserving.
>>
>>710968155
this guy knows whats up
>>
>>710968155
Listen mate, I get what you're saying. $3 an hour is a shitty pay and you're doing work that is worth so much more. I'm with you here. My problem is WHY IS IT ME WHO SHOULD PAY YOUR SALARY? It's a beggar's life if your income dependant on a goodwill of others.

If I'm playing my guitar on a crosswalk everyone listens and walks by. Some give, others don't. But I don't spit and yell at those who listened to me play and didn't dive anything.
You're not a beggar and deserve better. But the whole thing where you take it on customers is backwards. I don't know what to say to you bro, just that you live in a place that loves to fuck you in the ass raw with no foreplay or lube.
>>
>>710968851
Yeah I'm honestly not surprised you're too much of a menstruating pussy to say anything about yourself.
>>
>>710959446
Get fucked. I hope you try to go back with friends and they remember you and you get kicked out while your friends stay inside.
>>
>>710968953
I've probably worked in bars longer than you've been alive. Long enough to be an owner now. Of course bartenders get comps every shift. And most bartenders abuse the system to pad their own tips.
>>
>>710969144
not same guy but i hate tipping for beer, like you just handded me a beer and opened it for me....that doesn't deserve a dollar especially at 300% mark up.
>>
>>710969405
>>artistic works of fiction
You never lived out here. Now get your Hot Pocket as it is getting cold inside the microwave oven.
>>
>>710969085
Keep wiping those tables you fucking waste of human life.
>>
>>710968430
if people at the bar are polite and being cool, most bars have a comp check that you can buy people drinks and/or food as a little thank you and as a nice gesture. not stealing from the owners pal.
>>
>>710969444
Are you paying money in a business? Are you making a transaction with a representative of that business? Then you're paying their salary. The only difference is that you're allowed to reward better-than-average service with tips, or moreso in a bar bribe your bartender directly to not piss in your drink / ban you for being cheap.
>>
>>710960240
Pinche norteño codo
>>
>You should tip a bartender about a buck per drink he makes for you.

Why? Thats what his paycheck is for.

>if he's been making complicated drinks and/or stuff that takes a longish time to mix up (a mojito or old-fashioned or something).

That should get you the extra dollar
>>
>>710969363
The people who hate tipping culture are the problem and who I will actively treat like shit if they make the mistake of coming into my establishment. The fighting shit started when some little pussy claimed he'd hit me with a bottle if I ignored him for not tipping. Seems he was attempting to be the tough guy and I just responded in kind.

This whole thing is really quite simple. Treat others how you'd like to be treated. If you're going to treat me like shit because you feel you get to Lord over me while I'm waiting on you, you're gonna have a bad time at my bar. If you're courteous and friendly, and provide me gratuity, then I'll treat you like gold and you'll leave with a big fucking smile on your face. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>710968567
if people at the bar are polite and being cool, most bars have a comp check that you can buy people drinks and/or food as a little thank you and as a nice gesture. not stealing from the owners pal.
>>
>>710959446
>$1.50
I wish... I think the cheapest you can legally serve booze here is $3.75. And they rarely drop the price that low. So it's like $5-$6 then you gotta tip on top of that. Otherwise stay home poorboy.
>>
>>710968430
meant to post that last one to the person responding to your post
>>
>>710969430
die in a fire
>>
>>710960240
in tijuana every fucking mexican just sticks their hands out waiting for a tip, it's crazy how entitled they've become to tips. like at a bar or stip club even guys or ladies or whatever standing around not doing anything for you just stick their hands out like
>tip?

like mother fucker you aren't doing shit for me gtfo.

i'm mexican too so it's like wtf?
>>
>>710969087
waitress treated you like shit and you still tipped her? there is no hope for a beta fucking cuck like you
>>
File: BrickKiln.jpg (344 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
BrickKiln.jpg
344 KB, 900x1200
>>710968967
>>710969085
I agree to an extent. If you want a few bud lights I still have to walk over and get them for you, and I certainly won't be a dick about it. But a dollar or two wouldn't hurt either of us. Especially if I'm out-of-my-mind busy, if I make time to check on how you're doing, it shows that I care more than the supermarket employee who just puts it on the shelf for you to buy on your way home.

>>710969087
Thats really interesting actually. I definitely just act like myself, I'm pretty passionate about all this stuff and what I do in general. I meet really cool people, learn about the industry, get to teach people, and making drinks is fun.

In my opinion a high end restaurant isn't about how expensive a product is, it's about how much the people care. We sell general bar style food that's more "upscale" with way better ingredients (wagyu kobe beef, fine cheese, local meats and produce, gastropubby shit) but the wealthiest people in town are in often because we actually shoot the shit with them, and try to find them new stuff to try.
>>
>>710969644
It's called a spill tab, genius.
>>
>>710969665
I was with you up until the "bribe the bartender" bit. Holding service hostage is never okay. Good service is the standard, great service gets rewarded. That's how it works.
>>
>>710960180
It's entitled customers and employees, businesses don't want to drive customers away by raising prices and don't want to pay the employees extra as a result so they leave it up to tips, which attract greedy assholes into taking up a job thinking people will hand them lots of money and they serve customers who don't believe they should pay for quality service.
>>
>>710969796
Get a real job
>>
>>710969814
>i'm mexican too so it's like wtf?
You're clearly not dressed like a worker or beggar,
Aka someone who is spending money.
>>
>>710969725
So if someone is courteous and friendly, but doesn't tip you how do you respond?
>>
>>710964056
i miss being attractive enough to get girls to buy me drinks, it was super satisfying. now i'm all older and fat and they don't offer anymore.
>>
>>710969890
I used it jokingly, but I can understand why it wouldn't appear that way. Internet and nuance etc etc.

But it is basically a bribe in a general stance. You pay extra on "moderate" service, and its likely your next experience / drink will be higher quality. No one wants to waste their time on people who abuse a trust system, and are actively going to reward those who are generous. Just basic economical psychology.
>>
>>710969665
Just make drinks food more expensive.
Everyone should get an equal service.
I'm a new customer, came here first, ordered shit.
Then a regular guy comes in that tips good. Orders same shit and gets it before me. And I'm here like wtf man?! What do I do now? Complain to the owner? Not tip and risk waiter spitting in my drink? And I actually like the place and was thinking of coming back.
>>
>>710969928
what do you do?
>>
>>710965142
I would literally wipe my ass with the money if you expect me to tip YOU because you could not get a normal paying job

Fuck off, i barely got money myself, why should i give that to some person whom i've never met!?
>>
>>710969865
same shit
>>
>>710969839
The ironic thing here is that supermarket workers do about 10x the work bartenders do and yet don't get tips.

I don't go to bars, and whenever I order out, it's strictly carryout. I'm not gonna tip you to drive some food to me if I can do it myself.
>>
File: KBS.jpg (54 KB, 620x427) Image search: [Google]
KBS.jpg
54 KB, 620x427
>>710969444
>>710969665
This guy is correct. If they abolished tipping tomorrow, my wage would probably fall to $12 an hour and the prices of all our drinks would rise. The bottom line has to even out. At least this way someone will take care of you better. By all means, tip shitty people shit, they deserve it. But the system rewards people who care, and the consumer wins either way since they got their product at a lower price.
>>
>>710970112
Call Center
>>
>>710970112
Thermonuclear astrophysicist
>>
>>710970193
"real job"
>>
>>710970112
I work and get paid a fair amount that doesn't force me to resort to begging and holding peoples food/drinks hostage
>>
>>710960240
Must be awful to have some other countries culture just forced on you, huh?
>>
>>710970250
ya haha
>>
>>710970192
I've gotten really shit service and still been expected to tip. I only bother tipping at chinese buffets when I eat there, and it's usually half the check or more. Needless to say, I rarely eat out since it comes out to being like $15 or more usually.
>>
>>710970193
kek
>>
>>710970029
With indifference. I'm not gonna be a dick to you but I'll stop being talkative/friendly/attentive. I don't think you're the scum of the earth but you aren't worth any extra attention.
>>
>>710969725
How does it feel to be a piece of shit? I've always been curious
>>
>>710969691
>un chilango envidioso que le arde el año no ser del norte y firma en change.org cuando suben el metro 50 centavos

Try harder faggot
>>
>>710969725
See if I feel like you're trying to slide the bad shit between sensible thoughts to make them seem okay. Treat others how you want to be treated? Sure. It's a great way to deal with social interaction. Not giving you extra money is by no stretch treating you like shit and nobody is lording anything over you. Sounds like you have some serious control issues. Courteous and friendly to the people bringing me food and drinks? Of course! I love talking to new people and having fun. That does not include giving you extra money.
>>
>>710970112
Rocket Surgeon
>>
>>710970112
I have sex with animals professionally
>>
>>710961188
>poor antisocial uneducated faggot nigger detected

Want to shit on someone with your self-serving moral righteousness? Buy your cheapest liquor of choice, head home, shove the bottle up your ass, get in front of a mirror, and mouth off to the faggot you see.
>>
>>710970142
If you barely have money then you shouldn't be at the fucking bar. That's the entire point of this thread.
>>
>>710963179
Tipping culture is just a scam to rip you off. Instead of blaming your boss for paying you an unlivable wage you blame the customers? I bet you dont vote either
>>
>>710970316
Not all bartenders suck dude. idk what shit experiences youve had. in any profession some people are rad, some people are shit. thats how it goes.
>>
>>710970349
that's a reasonable response. It seemed like you were just an insufferable asshole to anyone who didn't tip, but you're only like that to people who are shitty people AND don't tip?
>>
>>710970097
Or; you could just not be a jew, accept your service (as all waiters / bartenders usually want to make a good first impression on new customers in hopes of them leaving good tips), and leave a good tip to BECOME a regular that they always jump at to serve.

tl;dr Stop being a whiny bitch, leave a tip, and get significantly better service than the cheap asshats beside you.
>>
>>710970349
Now what would constitute "Extra attention" instead of "Whats expected" when people eat out?
>>
>>710970457
But that's where people with no money go.
>>
>>710970423
living the dream
>>
>>710970349
Yup.
>>
File: DarkHorseScaryJesusRockstar.jpg (39 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
DarkHorseScaryJesusRockstar.jpg
39 KB, 320x320
>>710970163
That is completely incorrect. Supermarket workers are often Union and are hilariously lazy. Two of my best friends worked in this business, you can fuck off and stock shit as slow as you'd like, listen to music half the time, take breaks whenever. Not even close.

>>710970142
see
>>710968155
>>710968694
The job would still exist whether I'm doing it or not. I'm in Uni, I have plans for the future for sure, but this is irrelevant to the discussion. Someone will take my place, and if they're being paid $10 an hour they're not going to care shit about getting stuff done quickly for you, as busy as they are. It really is a tough business to be in. I recommend trying it out for a bit. Just on the weekends or something.
>>
>>710970070
Ah well my mistake. Like you said, things get lost in text.
>>
>>710970426
>Americans
>>
>>710969725
Prove it bro, show us a picture of your dick, then we'll believe you.
Or your asshole spread open, either works
>>
>>710970525
except I don't give a shit about above and beyond service, I just don't want to have assholes fuck with my food/drinks. I'm paying for the food and paying more to have it cooked and brought to me why the fuck do I need to give a server extra money to not be a piece of shit?
>>
>>710970338
You'll always get minimally "good" service if you leave first digit + 2. In any tipping service.

$18? Leave 3.
$40? Leave 6.
$230? Leave 25.

As long as you do this, you will ALWAYS have good service. Always. From everyone. If they're shit though, leave first digit + 0 to avoid fights if you ever want to order again. Otherwise, leave nothing and don't order again. From any bar, restaurant, or delivery service.
>>
>>710970509
not the person from the original comment but yes.
>>
File: alcohol-infographic.jpg (31 KB, 549x540) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-infographic.jpg
31 KB, 549x540
>>710964459
Passionate about making me an alcoholic? For me to tip you should be passionate about my health and tell me how every drink increases my cancer risk significantly
>>
File: saf10.jpg (59 KB, 300x432) Image search: [Google]
saf10.jpg
59 KB, 300x432
>>710970426
>being this triggered
>>
>>710970629
Maybe you're a huge faggot, that's not a mistake
>>
>>710970624
>That is completely incorrect. Supermarket workers are often Union and are hilariously lazy. Two of my best friends worked in this business, you can fuck off and stock shit as slow as you'd like, listen to music half the time, take breaks whenever. Not even close.

The fuck dude? Are you stupid? I've never ever heard of a supermarket union in my life. They work their fucking asses off, have to come in at random hours, and get paid shit. They do way more work than your girly shit mixing drinks. And don't get tips.

Lifting 50lb boxes of produce every few minutes is work. Mixing shitty drinks like you can at home is not work. One tips, the other doesn't. Crazy fucking world.

>>710970698
Yeah, you have to pay extra to not get your food spat in. I'd rather cook at home.
>>
>>710970373
See, this is just ignorance. Part of being courteous is understanding that the reason I am there, waiting on you and pretending to like you is because I am relying on your tip to make it worth my time. If you don't tip me, I dont make what I should be making. If you dont like that, then you should not go to a bar. If you go to a bar and don't tip, expect to be treated like the piece of shit that you are. Not just by me. By ANY BARTENDER. I at least am upfront/obvious about my displeasure. I've known motherfuckers who will spit in your drink, stink their finger in their ass in the back and rub it on your glass...sick shit. I'd never do that, but I've seen it happen wayyy more than you could imagine. You really shouldn't fuck with people who prepare your food and drink.
>>
>>710970696
Then go to walmart, buy the ingredients, and make it yourself.
>>
>>710970698
>leave first digit + 2
so $4 for the last one? ok got it.
>>
File: ThreeFloydsArcticPanzerWolf.jpg (2 MB, 1935x2592) Image search: [Google]
ThreeFloydsArcticPanzerWolf.jpg
2 MB, 1935x2592
>>710970338
These places where you've had shitty service, why return to them at all? I've gotten shit service too before, I will throw 2 dollars on the table and tell everyone I know not to go there unless something on the menu was so unspeakably outstanding that they must.
>>
>>710959446
Things that never fuckin happened for $200
>>
>>710964674
b8est b8 ive ever seen
>>
The problem is that service industry employees end up treating people better or worse based on their expectations and prejudices. If I go into a pub, order some food, and have a couple of pints, my service shouldn't suffer before the check is even delivered and I have a chance to pay/tip. This is one of the flaws in the system. I'm glad minimum wages are starting to rise in some cities, and certain establishments are doing away with tips completely.
>>
>>710970751
Yes but I never denied that.
>>
>>710970003
i'm in a bar or club and they just stand there with hands out. it's crazy how normalized it is for them. if they tried that shit anywhere else they'd be laughed at. but in tijuana it's like yeah that's what white people are for they just give you a dollar for existing. i just think it's weird.
>>
>>710970509
Yeah. I think I was just channeling the rage from the real asshole customers I get when I started talking about it. We get a large percentage of ghetto fucking nigs and some of them are unbelievable scumbags. Henny and pineapple, ciroc and sprite etc...70 dollar tabs no tip. And they treat you like such shit. Those motherfuckers get put on ignore.
>>
>>710970772
>I'd rather cook at home.
They agree with you 100%. If you don't want to participate in the system that rewards their work, don't participate. Don't show up. The managers might care what the total earnings for the night are, but the workers are in complete odds with their employers. They don't give a fuck about end-of-night numbers, just what they get paid. They'll serve you better if you treat them better, and vice versa.
>>
>>710970904
Boy howdy, can you take that giant dick out of your mouth?
>>
>>710970831
Because I want the food their CHEFS provide but don't want to be assed by some dickhead who picks his nose on the way to my table.

Can't they just invent a fucking restaurant where you go to the kitchen yourself and pick up the food? And tip the fucking chef instead?
>>
>>710970797
Or here's another idea. How about go fuck yourself you entitled shit stain.
>>
>>710970779
So what you're saying is that they should just do away with your job altogether because you lot are incapable of acting like professionals? You make bartenders sound like a bunch of toddlers flinging poop if they don't get their way.
>>
File: 1477006942157.jpg (22 KB, 480x363) Image search: [Google]
1477006942157.jpg
22 KB, 480x363
bars are for douchbags and cunts that wanna over pay for drinks so they can sit in a dirty fucking place with music so loud you can barely hold a god damn conversation.
i dont mind hitting small bars in a nice restaurant since its more classy and relaxed there and those people tend to take the job seriously and are good conversation sometimes, instead of some poor prick dealing with ignorant drunk assholes all day.
most of the time id rather just get drinks from my local liqueur store and drink with friends.
>>
>>710970999
Nice trips nigga!
>>
>>710970192
I don't mind tipping when I feel like it was deserved. But in most situations that I come across it is more of an "expected" feel with no effort put into it. And the worst part is that they are right. You HAVE to tip, otherwise you'll get even shittier service and if there are any people around you they will allienate you like some weirdo cheapo.
As an example I play poker at the casino and you're expected to tip dealer (who gets base wage of $20/hr) $1 every time you win a hand. And more than that if the pot was big. I remember winning a big 3 way all in pot and threw a couple of bucks at him then some dude at the ble was like "comon, man. He deserves more than that" then I threw another 5 at him. Like what the actual fuck did a card dealer do that makes him legible for 7 bucks? Did he shuffle the deck in my favour or what? It's the fact that everyone does it and so you must do it like everyone else or you're the shitface.
>>
>>710970949
>If you don't want to participate in the system that rewards their work

You mean like getting a regular paycheck?
>>
>>710970912
Can we see a pic of your asshole spread open?
>>
File: 1477966924584.png (156 KB, 362x259) Image search: [Google]
1477966924584.png
156 KB, 362x259
>>710970779
>If you don't tip me, I don't make what I should be making.

Yes, you do. You're employer literally must split the difference between minimum wage and give it to you as payment. You must at least make minimum wage, which is why it is called a "minimum wage".

It's your job to provide me a service. I pay for that service. As another anon said above me, good service is expected in order for me to return as a consumer and customer, if you go above and beyond, then you get rewarded. People like the chill bartender anon above who is passionate and generally love what they do, and show that they love it by actively improving your alcoholic palette should be rewarded.

Shit-stains like you who expect more money than what you signed up for do not. Unless, you go above and beyond the service that is generally required for a customer to want to return, I don't want to hear shit coming from that sewer pipe of a mouth hole that you have.

Be a good service provider. Hate it? Get a better education and get a better job.
>>
>>710970826
I mean, its more of a way to remember than hard rule. Hard rule is remove (ones) and (decimal) digits, add (2) to remainder. But that doesn't flow as well.
>>
>>710971122
Only if you tip me on venmo
>>
>>710970779
That's understandable behavior if the customer is an asshole, but simply not tipping shouldn't warrant such behavior from any kind of food/drink industry.
>>
>>710971109
>Rewards work
>regular paycheck
>implying hourly pay is rewarding anything other than existing on payroll

Sure man. Sure.
>>
File: 1412859455245.gif (468 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1412859455245.gif
468 KB, 350x263
>>710971122
[spoiler]no homo[/spoiler]
>>
>>710971109
Are you fucking retarded? That would be the equivalent of working a normal day and having no fuck ups and getting an extra 10-15%. REAL jobs don't work like that faggot, that's why they hire dead end, worthless assholes to work at bars
>>
File: CimmerianSabertooth.jpg (800 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CimmerianSabertooth.jpg
800 KB, 2048x1536
>>710970772
Where exactly do you live? Also, as I've said before, manual labor is still easier than service work. If you don't think working from 3-4pm to 1-3am making dozens, even more than a hundred cocktails while smiling and talking to every single person that walks up to your bar, you're insane. I don't make 2 lemon-drop-tinis and go home. I make scores of cocktails from memory, each ingredient precise from hundreds of different liquors, mixers, and other ingredients.

Also, if you have the array of alcohol that I do at your disposal at home, then you must live in an awesome house.

Additionally, my drinks are excellent.
>>
>>710971140
i get that they maybe legally should do that. but most people who own restaurants are fucking cheap asshole shitbags. and i get that its like "then dont work for them"
>>
>>710971141
Nope too late they get the $4 tip nothing more
>>
>>710971201
You have to do your job while you exist, servers seem to think that simply doing their job is going beyond what's expected
>>
>>710971274
If the restaurant owner is a cheap dirtbag, report him and find another job as quickly as possible.

It's not the customers problem. The customer should not have to foot the bill for some asshole cheapskate of an owner. And the sewer-pipe anon should not express his rage and frustration out on the customer because he is getting shafted by his employer.
>>
>>710971266
yea but normal work is a lot of hours.
a lot of artists work in bars, they want a job they make good money with unusual hours so they can focus on their artwork. not all restaurant workers are assholes haha
>>
>>710966930
>higher prices to pay for higher wages if you don't tip
It's the same price if you do tip on the lower price. raising the price and getting rid of tipping finishes this discussion and Judaism.
>>
>>710971140
Maybe you missed the part where I do this two nights a week to fund my expensive scotch and golf habits...I make around 70k a year and am comfortable but I enjoy bartending and its good extra money. I make about 35-40 bucks an hour bartending. If it paid minimum wage I wouldnt be doing it. When people don't tip properly it affects my bottom line. When my bottom line gets affected you become someone I dont really want to serve.

I am a patron of a bar much more often than I'm a bartender. I have never, not once in my entire life tipped less than 20% unless the bartender was an outright prick to me for no reason, which has happened maybe twice in the 13 years ive been going to bars.

Let me fill you in on something. YOU are the ignorant, cheapskate jew here, not the people working in the service industry. Its been said a million times but if you can't afford to tip, do not go to the bar.
>>
>>710971140
>You're employer literally must split the difference between minimum wage and give it to you as payment

As someone who has worked with tips, this is a misleading statement. Tips vs Hourly Wage are calculated per total per paycheck.This means receiving a single $20 tip would then be distributed over all the hours that you worked that may not make it to the minimum wage. Essentially speaking, a single day's worth of tips would be spread over an entire week's worth of work to justify paying the employee a slave wage, despite the possibility of them earning no more additional income past the first day. So they don't just "split the difference", but rather guarantee themselves that they will NEVER have to make up that said difference. Also, if you can't afford to leave a dollar or two for your bartender, why don't you go buy your own drinks at a corner store? Just let the system work for people who want to work within it.
>>
>>710971418
i hear that. the only thing is that mostly all restaurants even the ones not owned by assholes wouldnt do this haha. and you cant go around a major city and report hundreds of restaurants, closing them all etc. and the people you report them to wouldnt even give a fuck. its a broken system
>>
>>710971271
Factory workers do way harder work than you.
>>
>>710971271
>manual labor is still easier than service work
lol no it isn't and not all service work is without manual labor.
in fact most service work that has manual labor in it usually doesn't tip. dealing with people is shitty, because people are shitty. but it's not hard if you know how to do it, as a bar tender you should know all the tricks by now on how to manipulate and convince people to act right and walk away with a stupid sense of satisfaction for giving you money. that's like the most basic part of selling to the public. you over charge them and they still walk away thinking you did them a favor. but if you believe your own bullshit about how hard working you are for pouring drinks, granted quickly, then you're dumb as fuck.
>>
>>710971458
You mean normal work is a lot of WORK. Get a real career man, what the duck is wrong with all these millennial faggots?!
>But hur durr, my "art" career might suffer. Better ask dad for more money...
>>
>>710971201
so why do I have give them extra money for doing the job they got on the payroll for?

>>710971266
Im agreeing with you dingus
>>
>>710971613
Sorry bro...
Can you show a picture of your dick to make up for it?
>>
>>710971376
>You have to do your job while you exist
You're only required to do what's minimally required to not attract attention from your boss. Waiters, servers, delivery drivers and bartenders all go out of their way to try and do more than "just bring your product to you."

If you JUST gave them minimum wage, they'd be much more inclined to be on their phones in the back while you're waiting a good 20 minutes for even a menu. Because that would be the "minimum required". Sounds like shit right? Its because it is. Tips incentivize hard workers to work harder, and shit workers to get the fuck out without managerial interference.
>>
File: 1475031565658.gif (545 KB, 256x199) Image search: [Google]
1475031565658.gif
545 KB, 256x199
>>710971522
>>710971546
>>710971571
Well fuck me, it's a broken system and I'll quit jewmongering all of my schekles.
>>
>>710971606
i bartend and make 60k on the books and a decent amount off. i still put in the same amount of hours as a "real job" usually more. they are just longer shifts per day so i have more days off to focus on my art which is wood and metal working.
>>
>>710971546
If you want to get paid more why don't you just buy more money?
>>
>>710971782
Shit man, that's brilliant. I'll get right on it.
>>
If you go to a bar, you're paying someone to poison you.

Tip the man so he does it in your favor.
>>
>>710971782
DELETE THIS
>>
>>710971782
/thread
>>
>>710971734
I've worked plenty of minimum wage jobs where we weren't tipped. most people do their job decently well and don't need the incentive of tips to not do their job like a piece of shit. Some do what you're describing, but they never lasted very long.
>>
>>710971522
you're drank the kool-aid, buddy.

most bartenders don't fucking notice or expect a tip for a every single fucking drink. if it's a busy night club and there's 3 or 4 bar stations then it doesn't matter either. you can jump from bar to bar tipping every other round or not tipping at all and they won't notice unless you their lives difficult asking for stupid cocktails or bitching about things or trying to talk to them.

and when people say oh they'll remember you, maybe if it was a shit small town with one fucking bar, but in a city where they might not even notice you ever again, who fucking cares.

if you want to be known in a club or bar as a regular well then yeah you have to tip because you made the shitty choice to want to be part of the gang and be known in a place.
>>
Bartenders are such entitled assholes. For every truly skilled one, there are 20 bimbos who can't move a keg, can hardly pour decent drinks, work 20 hours a week, drive brand new cars, and go on exotic vacations 5 times a year.
>>
>>710971921
Coherence, get into it.
>>
>>710971934
i agree with this and i bartend. also the ones who are really skilled usually make less then the shit ones which sucks haha
>>
>>710971934
shit sign me up for that then
>>
File: Darklord.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Darklord.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1200
>>710970970
Yes, there are lots of places like that. I've been to a few, some are great others not so much.

But the majority of people with money who want to go out and eat would rather sit down and have stuff brought over to them after a long work day, and most restaurants are modeled after this demand.

If some shithead is taking care of you, I'd just ask for the manager and he'll get you another server or take care of you himself. And usually if that happens to a server more than once he's fired pretty quickly.

>>710971092
That's pretty weird. I have never heard of that, how retarded. I don't know shit about casino culture

>>710971266
Dead end, worthless assholes tend to frequent those bars, so nobody really wins.

It either sounds like you have no interest in alcohol or food, or have never been somewhere nice where the staff actually care about what they are doing.

>>710971588
I've worked in a factory, a pretty big car part plant, lots of hand and robotic welding, people slack off all the time. It's all Union. It was much easier than my old restaurant job. Only reason I left was because a nice restaurant was hiring, and I started at a nearby cocktail lounge not long after.

>>710971600
Depends on the manual labor for sure, but it's certainly pretty mind numbing most of the time. There's no outright answer to that. Oil drilling in Alaska? Fuck no. Checking car parts in a Quality Control lab? Assembling windows? Welding Mufflers? You bet your ass those are easier.
>>
>>710963179
this is the stupidest shit on 4chan this month
>>
>>710971734
If they're not making up the difference, it's because you're making at least minimum wage. If you're doing a menial job like being a waiter or bartender then that deserves the minimum wage, unless you go beyond what is needed of you.
>>
>>710971997
i fucked up one sentence, the rest makes sense. it doesn't make you any less retarded.
>>
File: IMG_0370.png (662 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.png
662 KB, 640x1136
Would anyone suck my sweet dick?
>>
>>710971913
I expect that the difference is that those people are rarely under extreme scrutiny of customers their entire shift. I've worked for min wage before, but anyone who needs any amount of actual serviceable charisma and impacts directly the sales of the business is RARELY paid minimum wage without acting like a distant, zombified, unsocial robot. Doesn't work well in restaurant settings.
>>
>>710967454
I'm 8'11 and 280 pounds I will annihilate that boipussay of yours with my 20 inch cock and show you how to run a business
>>
>Live in USA
>Tip everyone on top of paying service
>Taxi, plumber, gardner, valet, busboy, electrician, greengrocer, my son's school teacher, accountant
>God Bless USA
>>
>>710964674
This is what happens when a white does an immigrants job
>>
>>710972129
Why not just not be a dick, and realize that the business gave you a 20% discount in exchange for you to give their server 10-15% under the table? Avoids taxes and keeps the government out of your shit, while everyone is happy. Why complicate things?
>>
>>710966550
how is that possible to look like that
>>
File: AlphaKing.jpg (321 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
AlphaKing.jpg
321 KB, 720x480
>>710971934
>>710971998
>>710971999
And they usually have big tits. Dumb dickhead guys who think it makes their cocks big will drop these idiots $20 for a couple pints. They can stay the fuck away from my pub.
>>
If you don't tip, you're a fedora faggot
>>
>>710969723
No they shouldn't because again this is what they are paid for, it's your fucking job to serve drinks, so serve drinks for the money that you agreed to do the job for. Tipping is fucking bullshit
Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 35

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.