Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Hey. I just saw a PETA commercial of humane meat . So basically

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 26
File: BAsic shit.jpg (87 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
BAsic shit.jpg
87 KB, 850x567
Hey. I just saw a PETA commercial of humane meat . So basically the joke was that the animal get slaughtered in front of the eaters eyes. And that was supposed to be somehow eye opener or some shit. I have troubles understanding what they are trying to say.

Who here is a vegan and not eating meat because murder?

Who here has slaughtered a mammal and eaten it?

There is nothing wrong killing an animal with respect, skinning it, slicing dem balls out and eating the liver right after getting it out when it's still warm. All you need is hot pan, butter, salt and pepper. God damn.

So what is this ffuck about people not learning where the meat comes? Respect life and those corpses.
>>
>>710487154
Watching cows, pigs, etc get slaughtered makes me hungry.
>>
I live in a smaller village. Butchering animals is pretty normal. Going out in the morning and beheading 3 chickens so you can eat something in the afternoon. I don't get Peta. Yeah I am killing animals, but there is a purpose behind it.
>>
>>710487154
I am a hunter, I kill moose, deer, black bear, and grouse. I prepare the meat all on my own and eat it, I have been doing this for ears. Those PETA fucks are unbareably stupid at times. Animals are inherently cruel to each other, if cows and pigs ran wild they would be prey for apex preadators. Getting killed by a pack of wolves is a bad way to go, they usually go right for the guts and dont wait for their prey to die before doing it. The animals i kill should consider themselves lucky that i give them quick deaths
>>
>>710487154

Hey OP, I'm vegan. It's pretty simple.

Animals are sentient beings, feeling love, stress and pain -> We don't need to kill these beings to survive and it's also worse for the planet to keep breeding them for our consumption.

Sometimes things are more important than the flavor of your dinner, don't you think?
>>
>>710487899
Hey vegan, I'm a human. It's pretty simple.
Your veganism is causing deforestation because we need to get rid of the tress in order to get farms for your stupid ass food.
>>
>>710487899
Thats retarded, just see
>>710487780
>>
>>710487899
They way we breed, raise and feed the animals we eat may be bad for the planet. But that doesnt mean we should stop eating meat all together. Animal husbantry has been one of the skills humanity has posesed since the very begining. We should reform the practices surrounding the way the animals are farmed not stop it all together.
>>
File: IMG_2049.jpg (197 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2049.jpg
197 KB, 1680x1680
Vegan here, I don't eat any animal products not because I don't feel bad (trust me meat is delicious) but because it's a lot healthier. Don't pay any mind to PETA because they're a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>710487899

I understand the theory and fantasy of world without meat but for sure it's impossible.

I do agree that people throw away too much food and eat too much red meat.

What I don't understand is your argument of "love, stress, pain" - From when has it been a rule not to eat something with feelings?

Animals do it, humans have always done it. Even the story of Jesus included meat eating.
>>
>>710488238
Wow, I have never heard of a vegan who is so for completely logical reasons! 10 points anon
>>
>>710487899
i escaped two war torn countries
seen hundreds dead infront of me
you know what i did not see? vegans coming to the rescue because "sentient life matters". so no i do not buy all this bullshit
it's easy spiting morals when it is convenient and when it comes to animals rights it is convenient because you don't "realy" have to do much to feel morally superior and that is the whole point of this movement, to feel morally superior

i believe his entire vegan thing is just a way for privileged fucks to feel superior, zero effort required
oh you stopped eating meat? what a fucking sacrifice
>>
>>710488040

Why don't you just read up on what requires the most resources? Think about it, you need to feed an animal grains and water just to kill it and eat the animal. Do you see how much waste is accumulated there? We could have the grains and water to ourselves directly instead.

>>710488070
Don't cut yourself on that edge, man. We wouldn't just let the cows and pigs run wild - we'd slaughter them without breeding them until we killed the last milk-cow and then we'd start over with grains.
>>
>>710488070
>>710487780
>>710487430
>>710487154

Would you kill your dogs?

Don't play the tough guys. There's something wrong with overcivilized people like us still killing animals. At this point we should already have found some synthetic alternative to meat. We're getting there anyway.

I am not a vegan at all. I eat meat everyday. But please don't serve me that false logic.

Sooner or later we'll stop to slaugther animals and it won't be only by necessity.
>>
>>710488227
>Animal husbantry has been one of the skills humanity has posesed since the very begining.

What other traditions do you bring with you from the very beginning?
>>
I support Peta on this. Would be great to eat meat that fresh.
>>
>>710488399
You dont see the forest for the trees, a typical PETA faggot. The point is there are worse things then being slaughtered by humans. Reforming farming and ranching practices is the way forward. I'd tell you to pull your head out of your ass but its lodged in there pretty deep
>>
>>710488387
Waddup, yeah I believe you've been through a lot of suffering and it fucking sucks to hear that. I donate what I can to organizations that help with different crises in the world effectively - and I am sure lots of other people are too.

Sure, some people like to see themselves as angels for going vegan but that's obviously not the case - it's just that they're trying to do better. Everyone should do as much as they can, right?

People should engage themselves more in the injustice of the world instead of pointing fingers at others for not engaging. What have you done for the world after your experience?
>>
>>710488537
The way we live today is the eventual evolution of the human race since it began in africa. Famlily, community, innovation, hell even faith all have been with is since the very beginning.
>>
File: NaturalBornCarnivore.jpg (18 KB, 399x247) Image search: [Google]
NaturalBornCarnivore.jpg
18 KB, 399x247
>>710487154
I have been a hunter since I was 11, I have literally killed thousands of animals for meat and fur/trophy.
I killed a deer three days ago and it's hanging in my barn right now.
I laughed at the pic related but worry if real people actually think this;
>>
>>710488641

What the fuck does your first sentence even mean? I'd love to discuss this with you but all you're doing is ad hominem with shitty grammar so why should I waste my time?
>>
>>710488517

OP here. I would kill and eat a dog. Not preferably my dog but would do it in a scenario where needed to be done.

Why is my logic false if you eat meat every day?
>>
>>710488824
Aight, I guess rape was a traditional thing too. Let's bring that one back while we're at it, it's been a part of us and is even approved by most faiths!
>>
>>710488801

Says the guy who donates =)
hahhahahahhahhaaaa
>>
>>710488999

I would kill and eat a dog too if needed. But don't you feel, even remotely, that there's something wrong with killing other species solely for that basic need that is feeding ourselves? We are no longer cavemen, that's what I mean.
>>
>>710488924
You are clearly some sort off butt hurt faggot so you hide behind your grammar sherif hat. Go eat some kale chips
>>
>>710487154
I'd kill an animal to eat it if I had to, luckily there are people to do it for me but if I had to I vould, doesn't matter what, you do what you have to to survive. Peta are the isis of charity groups, ha.
>>
>>710489150
Why don't you tell me the way you live to make the world a better place? Maybe I could learn something of you? What should I do with my extra coins instead of spending it on effective altruism?
>>
Kek, im living keto, blood test never Bern better, loosing weight like animals loose their heads on a farm.
>waddup fam?
>>
>>710488924

There is no need to argument if over-population and over- consuming will destroy earth or humanity as we know it.

The original point was if the self-slaughtering and eating is somehow made a bad thing or an "eye opener" because there blade actually meet the meat and it' a bit messy for a moment.
>>
>>710489234
Hey come on, elaborate and I'll discuss it. I just didn't understand what you were trying to say.
>>
>>710489036
Where the fuck did that come from? Have you taken your helmet off and started banging your head off the wall again anon?
>>
>>710488517
What is it with you people thinking were super advanced and super civilized? That we should be passed shit like eating meat? What does that even have to do with something like killing an animal for food?
>>
>>710489178

Yes. The way majority of societies do things is utterly fucked up.

But it does not mean that meat is a murder
>>
>>710487780

>I've been doing it for ears

Someone please shoop this
>>
File: 1433402905504.jpg (472 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1433402905504.jpg
472 KB, 960x1280
>>710487154
>e joke was that the animal get slaughtered in front of the eaters eyes. And that was supposed to be somehow eye opener or some shit

I think it's a good idea, I've been thinking about something similar, too. Most people treat meat like bread or potatoes or whatever, but they feel disgusted about butchering animals. I eat lots of meat and I'm fully aware how is it made, I bet most regular meat-eating people wouldn't even kill a cow or a pig, not to mention skin it and all that.
>>
>>710489353
Thats because you are clearly an idiot, my point is simple. Reform farming and ranching practices. Ban industrial meat production. It will result in higher prices yes but it will be for the better.
>>
>>710489348
I'd bet there would be a lot of waste too. What family can eat a whole cow?

Now if they did a couple cows or whatevers and had meals planned/ordered in advance and it was for a large group of people it would probably work better.
>>
>>710489504
I just woke up and am on my phone, fuck off grammar sherif
>>
>>710489514

It has to depend where you live. My country does not have that problem. Maybe some people in the capital are but 99% not
>>
>>710487899
Faggot cunt.
>>
>>710489036
Rape actually happens a lot in the animal kingdom. Should we stop that as well to save the animals from being abused by their equals? Isn't it our moral duty to step in and save them?
>>
>>710489740

I can eat a full cow myself if I know a way to preserve it such as freezing
>>
>>710488040
Deforestation is from clearing land to grow grain for industrial meat producers.

Vegans are almost as stupid as you and trophy hunters.
>>
I know ethically I should eat only what I kill and kill only what I eat but I'm lazy fat americunt.

Still, I should eat more vegetables.
>>
>>710489740
My family eats the following in a year to 18 months. 1 moose, two to three deer, two black bears and maybe a dozen grouse. A cow might be a big animal but you would be supprised how little meat you get off of it. A lot of the weight is bone and guts, stuff you cant really eat. Off of a 1000 lbs moose I'd be lucky if i take home 500lbs of meat and that includes things like the liver and heart
>>
>>710490101

To be honest you can use the whole animal. Bones for stock. Guts are food also if you clean them
>>
>>710490197
Sure but have you ever slaughtered an animal that weighs 1000lbs on your own and back your kill back to your truck? Honeslty i would take more then I do in a typical kill but I am often so beat by the time I get the cuts I want back. Plus, I like leaving something for the rest of the critters in the forest. They gotta eat too
>>
>>710490523

Your logic has nothing wrong and I was not saying you do something bad.

Only thing I'm wondering is that you hunt moose all by yourself?

In my country there is a limit how many can be killed and they hunt in groups with dogs.
>>
>>710490088
But then what are the ethical implications of not growing your own veggies? After all most industrial farms hire people who are desperate, illegals and such, and pay very little. Buying your veggies in your local grocery store is you helping exploit them further
>>
>>710487154
peta has had more animals euthanized from not taking care of them than probably all of the pounds combined in the U.S., and you want to feed into that machine that only exists for money? You must surely be voting for Hillary. Greetings from Norway.
>>
>>710487154
veg.
Don't care if anyone eats whatever they want.
Grew up veg, tried meat, not for me, more for you..
whatever.
>>
>>710490837
Tack ska du har, jag tycker om Seiland och kveite
>>
Fascinated by all this.

I raise animals for meat for my family and I sell it. Love eating meat, but the only reason I eat it is because it tastes good. I could rasily survive without it.

We all know the reasons why we should stop eating meat. Anyone claiming anything besides the fact that it tastes good (like evolution, health, etc) is a moron.

Killing animals is not easy for me. I am thankful for what I take from them.
>>
>>710490661
Yes i do hunt on my own and its a lot of work, thats really the point i was trying to make. I live in a subrub of Toronto, a lot of my friends cant even fathom what i do every fall. Which is why i hunt alone, nobody to go with me. As for limits, most people have to apply for tags in the specific area you hunt when it comes to deer and moose. There are daily bag limits on grouse, bear hunts are regional and based on population levels. I have metis status though so I am allowed to hunt outside of those regulations to feed my family but I do not get to do whatever i want. There are rules and regulations i still need to follow
>>
>>710491479

So when you hunt alone how do you do it. Go somewhere and wait`?
>>
>>710491380
>>710491479
My apologies. Besides eating meat because it tastes good, hunting to feed your family economically seems like a totally legit reason to eat meat.
>>
>>710491571
Depends, for bear and deer that usually what I do. Moose I usually track and stalk. It all depends on what sign I find in the area i hunt in
>>
You asked who's a vegan,well thats me and I am vegan as I cannot condone animals being killed because i prefer to eat them to the other nutritious food sources widely available.
>>
>>710488517
>would you kill your dogs
A lot of people do, instead of euthanising them, they kill them themselves
>would you eat a dog/your dog
No, because I've heard they're not tasty
Fuck off with your shit argouments
>>
>>710491707
I am carrying on traditions that have been passed down through the generations as well. Sure I might work on a computer in an office but I still keep it alive and will be teaching my children what i have learned through the years so that they may do the same
>>
It's dumb in my opinion, they should start helping to change the way farmers raise and kill their animals if they care about them so much.
>>
Killing your first animal is exhilarating and proves we are hardwired to do it

Video related:
https://youtu.be/VSFnmM12LOQ
>>
>>710487899

This. I'm happy to not eat animal products if it prevents the killing of dozens of animals every year. I'm sacrificing very little, and those animals are gaining a lot.

>>710488040

This is obviously a piss-take. If not, google how much land is required to feed one cow.

>>710488227

"The very beginning" was literally thousands of years ago, when you couldn't wave a piece of plastic in exchange for food. We just simply don't need to eat meat anymore. We are far past that.

>>710488245

"From when has it been a rule" is never a good argument. Slavery used to exist, and the slavers probably said "From when has it been a rule to not have a slave?" We need to be progressive. Again, the story of Jesus included meat eating because it was necessary in order to survive back then. It isn't necessary in order to survive now.

>>710488387
You say "it is convenient" - exactly. It's easy. All you have to do is not eat animal products. I'm sure if there were a way to help the fight crimes against humanity that were just as convenient, vegans would also partake due to their beliefs.
>>
>>710487899
Studies have shown that plants also experience some of these same feelings. Plants can even feel empathy. When one plant in a group gets harmed, other plants respond.

Your cuck morals now require you to subsist on only water.
>>
>>710487154
Does peta want us to eat live animals?
>>
>>710492224
If they care about them so much, the wouldn't want farmers to raise/kill them at all.
>>
The bonus of my ethically decided dietary choices is that I almost automatically get all my nutrition and vitamins and minerals from the food i eat without even trying. I find the american obesisty crisi as being a godsend. You'll all die from your dairy and processed animal corpse derivatives. You deserve it. Being vegan is hard to do and takes great will power. My diet keeps me strong and healthy and with very little illness in over 30 years of my plant based diet. Also Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>710492232
this
killing my first fish in the fishing course was some kind of strange.
>>
I think it has to do more with how the animals are treated before they die and how it's inhumane. I personally am disgusted by some of these things, but I'm not going to actively stop it because meat is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>710487899
Sentient. I don't think you know the meaning of that word.
>>
>>710492232
I had almost the exact thing hapeen to me when my dad took me on my first moose hunt and I got a kill. I dont have the same feeling though now. Usually when I get a kill what pops into my head is, funs over time to get to work
>>
>>710492660
I think they do. A lot of research has come out over the past 10-20 years showing that animals are a lot smarter/emotionally aware than we think. Do a bit of reading.
>>
since they can grow meat now there isnt really a point.
>>
>>710492232
We are hardwired to do some pretty dumb shit tbh:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/apr/14/stupid-humans-smart-enough-to-know-it
>>
I literally hunt every year. I have personally killed over 8 deer in my life. This bullshit only works on the city folks who don't know death unless its some black dude behind a gun. I actually prefer deer meat to store bought. Atleast now you know its not pumped full of god knows what.
>>
>>710492302
I'm guessing you also argue that "any product can be traced back to harming animals, so you shouldn't eat/consume anything and just kill yourself in order to be 100% vegan." This is true, but very stupid. Obviously every individual is going to cause an amount of suffering for other sentient beings in their lives. Being vegan is a good way to MINIMISE this suffering, not ERADICATE it.

These studies that you talk about are still very basic, and the area is not at all well understood. Even so, we obviously have to eat SOMETHING to survive. Plants are, at least, LESS sentient, but probably not sentient at all.
>>
>>710488245
Vegans dont believe in Jesus or God for the most part..they also believe in wholesale abortion..a friend mine is an organizer for DXE and they are the most aggargant ,one sided logic fucktards ive ever seen in my life
>>
>>710492403
Can't decide if your a vegan, vegetarian, or general healthy eater.
>>
>>710487899
>Sometimes things are more important than the flavor of your dinner, don't you think?
Yea sorry Vegan anon (of course you had to tell us about it) but not all people can afford to eat vegan. Also, its not nearly as healthy for you. Look at all vegan cultures. They are all tiny little twerps.
>>
>>710487154
i'm sure there are people who would love to kill you with respect.
>>
>>710488238
I think it's time you went back to the drawing board and learnt a little bit more about dietry requirements.
>>
You just can't make bacon out of cauliflowers.
>>
>>710488924
Its an idiom
>>
>>710487154
PETA are largely just fascist fucks who use lies and propaganda to get people to believe their "cause", however...

I'd not eat meat on moral grounds. I think the killing of any animal is wrong, inhumane, and cruel. If you think an animal can be slaughtered without serious mental and physical suffering, or that the slaughter industry really takes any serious steps to prevent this, you're living in a dream world.

I bet most people would be put of eating meat if they visited a slaughterhouse, even teenaged faggots on here trying to be edgy and saying they wouldn't care. The exception is of course people who grew up around it, but the closest most of you have come to animal slaughter is your mom putting some KFC in front of your fat ass.

All that said, I'd never give up meat, it's too damn tasty. I just do what most do - try not to think about it and just ignore it. As a result, I don't appreciate these PETA fags reminding me of it.
>>
>>710488399
Circular logic is circular. Meat is a dense nutrient. grains and veggies are not. This is why humans eat meat. If we lived solely off veggies and grain we would consume TONS more grain and veggies. You don't conserve anything not eating meat you just make it harder to get all needed nutrients. Sorry but all we are is flesh puppet who need to consume things to keep our flesh puppet juiced up. Such is life. I think the way alot of these animals are morally reprehensible but that is on the ones doing the killing not me for eating what they killed.
>>
>>710492042

And imagine if, one day, the world slowly started to realise that that tradition was not just.

My family has owned slaves for generations. I will own a host of slaves, and I will be teaching my children what I have learned through the years so that they may do the same.

Your case is slightly different, though - you rely on the industry as a form of supporting your family.
I liken it to a man who works in a factory producing cigarettes. The western world has realised how backward our views on cigarettes used to be, and the industry is dying. I expect the same thing will happen to the meat/animal product industry over the next 50-100 years, so for your children's sake it may be best to change that "tradition."
>>
>>710487899
plants feel too, u murderer
kill yourself to save the planet
>>
>>710488238
how is this healthier?
>>
>>710493796

Read up on the amount of land required to feed an omnivore diet compared with the land required to feed a vegan diet. The cowspiracy movie had a good go at this, although they weren't entirely accurate in their statistics. Vegan diets require far far less farm land.
>>
>>710493361
vegan
>>
>>710493743

Think about the sheeps for a while. They're hardwired to be eaten- It's in their genes.
They fight almost none even if they know they are going to die
>>
>>710493848
Refer to:
>>710493308
>>
>>710493510
Tiny little twerps?
I think you mean lean ,not fat and with surprisingly low levels of disease suffered by the average american.
>>
>>710494021
Because we bred them to be that way. Same with cows.
>>
>>710494021
What? put a coyote in a field of sheep and watch those things run away and put up a fight.
>>
>>710493997
Vegan diets damage your body. The only way to stay on one long term is to take artificial supplements or grossly pervert the serving sizes of certain foods.

Also? Plenty of land on earth. PLENTY. Visit Wyoming.
>>
>>710494030
u eat more plants to substitute meat. U cause a lot of small suffering, instead of some big sufferings. It amounts to the same.
Kill yourself - save planet. U rly dont need to live
>>
>>710493510
The life expectancy for vegetarians is greater than meat-eaters. Not enough data exists on vegans at the moment, but it's looking like they'll have even GREATER life expectancies. Veganism also greatly reduces your risk of stomach/colon/bowel cancers.

And it's a lot cheaper. Where I live, before I went vegan meat made up about 60% of the cost of each meal, but only 1/4 the volume. I have saved a lot.
>>
>>710494096
no I mean tiny little twerps. The average Indian male is 5'5" and most are vegan. They are tiny little twerps
>>
>>710494214
you are almost made entirely of straw.
>>
>>710488517
I would rather kill a human than kill a dog.
A dog I can bend to my will and a human is unpredictable and evil.
>>
>>710494269
Dude im 6 4" Scottish and 15 fucking stone and do weights and enjoy running and am a hard bastard. Fucking get it it right up yi. Also Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>710494284
so i guess is the cow. So u essentially eat straw by eating cows.
>>
>>710494214
You may eat more plants than you used to, but it's still a hugely overwhelming net loss in land required. You obviously have no grasp of the concept of suffering, you should do more reading before offering your opinion.
>>
File: 1449750757249.jpg (49 KB, 397x555) Image search: [Google]
1449750757249.jpg
49 KB, 397x555
>>710487154
Personally, I have killed fishes and rabbits and eaten them. I had to cut them open and break them appart and then cook them. These are the tastiest and most rewarding meals I've had in my life.

I wish we would still be living like that FeelsBadMan.
>>
>>710494412
But you also have to eat the cow. Why bother, skip the middle man and just eat the straw. It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>710487154
Id not be happy because in the proposed setting there is no time for rigor mortis and that meat wont cook or taste right for me. Also just kinda rude to serve still twitching stuff to a animal who historically eats truly dead stuff. Weredoes peta get its cultural referance anyway?
>>
>>710494267
I don't care about tacking on an extra worthless 3 years. You act like they are living 40 years longer. Its on average 3.6 years longer.
>>
>>710494422
oh yeah? So how r u gonna stop other animals from eating other animals?
>>
>>710494412
jesus nigger you are a strawman you're shitebag argument is a strawman argument
>>
>>710487899
Plant a tree too, invest some sweat equity in your vision of a better world.
>>
>>710494497
why would i? Cow is not made of cellulose humans cant digest
>>
>>710494398
Your ancestors ate meat you fucking autist. Your family lines evolved eating meat not living off vegan diets. You probably ate meat when you were going through puberty too.
>>
>>710494575
so other animals are as advanced as humans? you must be a retard.
>>
>>710494622
it isnt
>>
>>710494182
The only supplement you need is Vitamin B12. Iron isn't an issue as most people think - beans, tofu etc. give more than enough.

In 2013, 44.3% of all of the land in the US was used for agriculture. That's almost half. That's a metric fuck-load.
>>
>>710488517
I would eat my pets if i was starving.
>>
>>710487154
i would beat the dam thing with a hammer if thats what it took to get food
>>
>>710494575
I'm not? Some animals need to eat other animals in order to survive, and others don't so are herbivores. We don't need to eat meat in order to survive.
>>
>>710494681
vegetarian since the age of ten vegan a few years later and now I'm 45 years old and in great shape nigger ,now go fuck yourself with your retarded notions of "its what we always done did so it's what we must keep doings"
>>
>>710494710
what does the "advancement" have to do with anything?
>>710494844
u know whats an omnivore? How r u gonna make omnivores not eat meat?
>>
File: Blog-Share-Photo-0088.jpg (37 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Blog-Share-Photo-0088.jpg
37 KB, 620x350
> tfw sympathize with animals
Why couldnt i be normal?
>>
>>710494681
Our ancestors ate a lot less meat than the average human does now. The hunter/gatherer diet was almost entirely based on the gatherer aspect.
>>
>>710489685

As I understand it food producers have a mandate to keep costs as low as possible to be able to feed the populace.

There's a market for organic produce for rich moral people. Regrettably it's not feasible for those that can't affford it.
>>
>>710487154
Fun story about an encounter I had with PETA

>be me just turned 16, living dat suburbia life.
>uncle comes in from out of town, to congratulate me on sweet 16. Wants to take me to this hole in the wall pub he visits.
>go with him, it's located down out in the country. He tells me about all the food that is there. We pull up to the pub. There is a small group of PETA protestors up front.
>they are cheering and shouting in front of the pub, the owner is trying to get them to move. Couple bystanders as well. They have this sheep sitting on a white cloth, it just sort of sits there.
>we get out and uncle goes over to see what's the matter. He talks to the owner. I just sort of watch.
>owner goes inside, uncle goes to talk to the protestors. Thy start getting loud, shouting in his face. He calmly tries to tell them to leave and that he just wants to eat with his nephew.
>one pulls a knife and starts screaming "YOU WANT TO GO IN AND EAT THE FLESH OF INNOCENT CREATURES! WELL THEN DO THE DIRTY WORK! KILL THIS POOR LAMB CAUSE THIS IS WHERE YOUR FOOD COMES FROM! SHOW YOUR NEPHEW THE MONSTER YOU ARE!"
>uncle was born and raised on a farm. Has none of this shit. He unclips a hunting knife from his waist and then quickly stabs the lamb in the head.
>fucking silence. Uncle turns to me and the bystanders. "Lambs on them boys! We're having a proper feast!"
>uncle picks up lamb and starts bringing it inside. Calls for me to come after him so he can show me how to properly skin it.
>PETA protestors sort of just sit there quietly, muttering how insane he was. One of them calls the cops. Cops eventually arrive, but after "careful investigation" they find that the lamb was not only stolen from a local farm, but they trfhinically wouldn't protest in front of the pub and block people from entry.
>ended up enjoying the rest of the day with my uncle.

Fun shit, though I don't think PETA is as active or craY as it was anymore.
>>
>>710494861
Ignoring the part where your only 6'4 because your ancestors werent fucking vegans. Vegans are the biggest joke. Eat what you wan't Im going to keep killing and eating meat.
>>
I'm a vegetarian. Not a vegan.
It's a very simple, grey thing. It's not black/white.
Statistically I save a few animals for not purchasing meat, makes me feel better. I don't need meat anyway, although it tastes really good. Simple thing for me to do.
>This doesn't mean I'd rather save an animal than a human, idiots (unless it's a mass murderer or whatever, you get the idea).
>If we were living in 1420 then it would be okay for me to hunt an animal down and use as much as possible of it for your own survival.
>If you live in the middle of nowhere where it's too much trouble to go to a supermarket to buy falafel or whatever, you might as well shoot your own food since it's prolly better for the environment.
>Tofu tastes like shit.
>Idc about life expectation or health.
>>
>>710494986
I don't know how far back your going here. But by the time there were vikings, they had domesticated animals. They weren't "hunter gatherers" anymore
>>
>>710494986

Which is why your eyes have evolved to face forward like a predator's and why you have incisors as teeth.
>>
>>710487154
man this people are cancer and they need to be slaughtered too
>>
>>710495044
so Mr scientist my vegan kids who are shooting up in size are going to produce steadily weaker and smaller generations ,what utter tish and pish ,such codswallop.
>>
There are vegan MMA fighters, so any comment on 'needing' meat to live is instantly debunked.
Now, as Peter Singer has said (one of the world's leading philosophers of ethics), it is impossible to generate a valid and logical construction of morality that includes killing animals for food. It is a fundamental disrespect for autonomous life.
As humans, we do not have some right to the life of another autonomous being just because we like the taste of its flesh. That's barbaric. More people desperately need to be philosophically educated in ethics, so they can fully grasp the reasons why this is wrong. Anyone who has fully considered, understood and reasoned with the concept of morality cannot continue to eat meat without - by their own knowledge - being morally compromised.
>>
>>710495155
lol
there it is
keep this meme level arguments coming.
>>
>>710495263
>yea probably, wont really matter if they don't because your raising pussies who wont be able to survive without a supermarket.
>>
>>710495315
well put Sir.
>>
>>710495155
http://freefromharm.org/photo-galleries/9-reasons-your-canine-teeth-dont-make-you-a-meat-eater/
>>
>>710495333
length of intestines and inability to digest cellulose
>>
>>710495405
Inflammatory response from eating meat
>>
>>710495333
Literally true. You can't just call something a meme because you dont agree with it. Find me a single land predator with eyes on the side of its head.
>>
>>710495122

We've been hunting ever since we learnt to walk upright. The moral status of animals have only been brought to light 50 years ago by ethicist Peter Singer

The Bible, the Torah and the Quran all take a dim view on the rights of animals.
>>
>>710495460
when the diet is 30 days of meat only
>>
>>710494757
You dont need b12 if your stomach is absorbing but its not because you're a vegan
>>
>>710495122
I'm saying that the whole "we're hardwired to be meat-eaters" argument is rubbish. This "hardwiring" of our human nature occurred over tens of thousands of years - from vikings to now is only a thousand. I'm going waaaay back lol
>>
>>710495379
dude we live in the city,you country folks scare us with your weird inbreeding and terrible health care and bad teeth. I run a sound equipment hire company. Ture in a world of no electricty and back to the stone ages I mighht be a bit fucked but I laugh at you living in he counrty with nothing to doexcept rty and survive. Slow hand clap for all the animal farmers,you made your bed now lie in it. (or get up at 4am to milk the sheep or whatever the fuck you inbreds do)
>>
>>710495402
poppy cock

Do you bear your teeth to attract a mate?
>>
>>710495518
wut?
Our immune system treats animal protein as an invader upon digestion.
>>
>>710495472
okay show me the land predator with an iphone and opposable thumbs ? now fuck off and dont speak again, idiot.
>>
Nate Diaz is vegan. Chew on that.
>>
>>710495315
if we dont have the right to kill other animals, do other animals have it? Why do they do it, if they dont?
Meat is nutritious, caloric and allowed us to develop the brains we have. Plants r substitutes. Its u or them. U rly dont need to live.
>>
>>710495590
I live in South Philly, but I wasn't raised as a coward. I have gone hunting many times and will continue to. Original jokes you got there!
>>
>>710495041
None of that ever happened did it.
>>
>>710495688
it doesnt
>>
>>710487154
Im a firm beliver that if you don't have what it takes to kill and and gut the animal you are about to eat then you have no fucking right whatsoever to eat meat.
This is 90% of the population , you fucking hypocritical pussy fucks buying your meat pre choped and cleaned , but given the choice you woouldnt be able to hurt that poor innocent piglet, but you continue to eat it.

I would have no problem slaughtering animals for my consumption.
>>
>>710495533
...So you take one supplement once a week and you're far healthier than a meat eater
>>
File: 5169966-9923027213-48136.jpg (111 KB, 634x487) Image search: [Google]
5169966-9923027213-48136.jpg
111 KB, 634x487
>>710495155
>>
Face it. Thee is no good argument for eating meat in this day other than "Fuck you I like it" which I respect far further than anything else I've ever heard anyone else argue.

I eat it too, not as much as the typical person but on occasion. I don't really do it because I'm concerned with animal welfare but because of the countless scientific studies the proves without a doubt that that animal based diet, as in you eat various types of animal products day in out, is in fact bad for your health and the leading cause of well: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

That isn;t to say you cant eat it all but less is more in this case. I've been eating this way for 35+ years now an I haven't had as much as a cold in that time. I'm healthy as fuck and fit as fuck. That being said, there is a learning curve to eating right and it does take an effort everyday, all day. You have to cook for yourself for one, and a lot.

I do this shit for myself, a very selfish reason. Not for the environment or the animals, it's a consequential plus I suppose.

I get it though. When faced with facts (available on the web should you care to seek them out pubmed is a simple place to start) that counter your very way of surviving life you automatically go into defensive mode. I was lucky that it was my idea at a very young age. I was only interested in finding the optimal food source for longevity.

Good luck anons. I gotta go for a run. It;s nice here in South FL. today. Clear skies in the Palms. Ocean looks great!
>>
>>710495701
What a fucking retarded argument. Humans are predators, the smartest predators. Thumbs and Iphones dont change that you fucking autist. Thats like saying if humans were mammals then show me another mammal using iphones!
>>
No, other animals don't have the 'right' to kill other animals. But other animals don't possess the concept of morality therefore we cannot expect this of them. We are the species that has the concept of morality therefore we should have a duty to employ and uphold it rather than act like barbaric infants and disregard the knowledge of these 'brains we have'. Your argument is self-defeating.
>>
>>710495716

No, other animals don't have the 'right' to kill other animals. But other animals don't possess the concept of morality therefore we cannot expect this of them. We are the species that has the concept of morality therefore we should have a duty to employ and uphold it rather than act like barbaric infants and disregard the knowledge of these 'brains we have'. Your argument is self-defeating.
>>
>>710488517
Ok let me tell you this. I live next to a farm. An old farm with a lot of cats. And what do you do to keep the cat population under control? Small hint: The answer is not "catching them all and them get neutered", because that is fucking expensive. The answer is: Gather up all the baby cats and throw them against the wall or put them in a ton filled with water and electrocute them until they are dead. It's cheap, fast and easy to do. And do you know what they do with the dead cats? Correct, they throw them on the manure heap until the tractor comes to dung the fields with em.
>>
>>710495788

http://time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/
>>
>>710488517
>There's something wrong with overcivilized people like us still killing animals
you didnt actually finish your argument
>>
>>710495983
Ask a PETA fag and they animals have feelings and self-understanding and morals
>>
>>710495739
http://www.healwithfood.org/anti-inflammatory-diet/does-red-meat-cause-inflammation.php

This is an established scientific fact
>>
jesus, op..... that pic brings back memories of being a chef. we used to get whole pigs to butcher. killing one in front of me would only make me hungry.
>>
>>710495919

Sociopaths also don't have a sense of morality.
>>
>>710495983
other animals possess the concept of morallity. Why r they not killing eachother like the evil, immoral beasts they r?
And how r u gonna uphold and emply not eating meat in other animals?
>>
>>710495984
This is fucking metal.
>>
>>710487261
Fresh pig slaughtered right infront of you. Just add a barrel of good wine and friends around and you got an idea how a huge feast looks like in yhe rutal parts of Bulgaria
>>
>>710489504
Lost
>>
>>710487780
Though being a pescetarian, I respect meat-eaters which are hunters for allowing animals to at least have lived in a normal natural habitat and doing it themselves instead of somebody doing the job for them.
>>
File: 15 - 1.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>710488238
>healthier
not true
>>
File: dolph-lundgren-ear-necklace.jpg (38 KB, 823x427) Image search: [Google]
dolph-lundgren-ear-necklace.jpg
38 KB, 823x427
>>710489504
>>
>>710492769
That still isn't sentience. Maybe some animals closee to humans in genetics are close to sentience, but humans are the only thing that is known to be able to put together complex thought and feel complex emotions.
>>
File: 1477359046129.gif (73 KB, 129x150) Image search: [Google]
1477359046129.gif
73 KB, 129x150
ive worked in slaughter houses for pigs.
ive worked in catching and delivering farm raised turkeys and later on chickens to slaughter.

the only thing i hated about it was what they fed the damn things and how they lived in high stress conditions, cuz it outright ruins the taste of the meat imo.

life feeds on life.
>>
>>710487154
I'd like to see this commercial. I like animals better than people so I am bound to laugh my ass off. I eat meat but I respect animals amd thing they shpuld be treated better when they are about to be slaughtered.
>>
>>710496049
https://chriskresser.com/does-red-meat-cause-inflammation/
its not
also: other food that causes inflammation, thats not meat
https://authoritynutrition.com/6-foods-that-cause-inflammation/
>>
>>710496218
Okay, so that was slightly illiterate but I'll do my best.
Animals don't possess the concept of morality - and even if they did, they could not express it in a way that we might understand because they do not possess a human language. Animals are not evil or immoral precisely because they don't have morality; these are human concepts. They show what we observe as compassion and certainly those raised by humans (dogs as a good example) can be raised as compassionate beings.
As for our upholding the concept of morality - I am not suggesting we prevent animals from killing one another, I am saying that we should not be killing them. We are the ones that have the greater knowledge here therefore the onus falls on us to use that knowledge and be better.
As for sociopaths/psychopaths - these are special cases within human society and these individuals are not driving the meat industry. If all the non-socio/psychopaths in the world stopped eating meat and refused to support the daily genocide of countless species, there would be no meat for those without the ability to comprehend morality anyway. Thus, there's no basis in that line of argument.
>>
>>710487154
fuck off, tumblrtard
>>
I put it to you thus:

Animals cannot have rights because they do not have the mental faculty to understand what having rights mean.

With rights come responsibility and without the faculty to understand what rights are, they cannot fathom the responsibilty that comew with having rights.

By giving animals rights you come up with all sorts of illogical consequences. For example:

1. If animals have rights and a lion comes and eats my cattle, it follows that I should be able to sue said lion for damages.

2. If animals have rights that, for example, prevent me from hunting a buffalo, who enforces the right to life of said buffalo when another predator hunts it?
>>
>>710496712
By your own logic, you are denying rights to a large proportion of human beings. Those with disabilities, brain damage, mental health issues etc.
Your argument is invalid because it produces truly absurd and unpalatable consequences for all of humanity.
>>
>>710492255
You not eating meat isn't going to change the number of animals slaughtered unless you used to get your meat directly from the farm. Big slaughter houses arent going to slaughter 12 less animals a week or whatever because one person doesn't want to eat meat. I am all for choosing what you do and whatnot, but the people whose only reason is to have less animals die are delusional. Just eat the meat so it at least doesn't go to waste. And you can have some flavor with your soy.
>>
>>710496712
there would also hate to be fines and jails for animals who cannot abide by laws...
>>
>>710495688
Not true
>>
File: 1477263545570.jpg (117 KB, 1024x844) Image search: [Google]
1477263545570.jpg
117 KB, 1024x844
Because some people are apparently too retarded to figure out this basic shit by themselves, I'm gonna post this picture.

/thread
>>
>>710496660
animals posses morality, as evident by social behaviours and empathy.
How r u gonna make them not kill animals, mr. thought police?
>>
>>710496619
> red meat is healthy
wow.
When they have studied huge population and how they eat they have found as soon as poor people start being able to regularly afford meat their cancer and heat-disease-rates explode. Its happening right now in China and Japan.

And yes, other unnatural foods are also bad
>>
>>710496852
exactly, euthanasia bitch.
>>
>>710496852

People with disabilities have rights - their rights being commensurate with their level of disability.

For example:
1) Some people with disabilities are not allowed to drive.
2) Some people with disabilities would not be allowed to adopt children.
2) Those who are completely cuckoo are confined to mental houses where they have absolutely no rights.
3) The criminally insane do not have a right to vote
>>
>>710496712
Moreover, one of your so-called 'responsibilities' that come with having rights must include not bringing harm to other autonomous beings, so even if you don't grant animals rights it still falls within your responsibility to ensure their safety and survival.
>>
>>710495749
As do all arab and muslimb primites.
>>
>>710497039
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25548184
>>
>>710496884
If as little as one in ten people stopped eating meat today, consumption of meat-free foods would rise and consumption of meat would decline. Supply and demand - if there is less demand there will be less production of it. Simple economics.
And the idea that social change cannot happen because we are all individuals and not one collective being is nonsense.
>>
File: 1477910298938.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1477910298938.gif
2 MB, 320x240
if it was legal i would eat vegans
>>
>>710497091
You're not going to make them not kill other animals. As I've said, that is not the point. The point is preventing humans; humans beings; us, from killing them.
>>
>>710497132
We're discussing the fundamental right to live. People with mental illnesses who are consigned to psychiatric wards still very much have a right to life.
>>
>>710497100
oh yeah? Or is it cuz they r rich and that requires acting in stressful situations to be rich and that causes modern stress-related diseases?
How bout u learn about corelation, link the study and go fuck yourself?
>>
>>710497288

No retard, we need to kill the animals for about a million other things, the only thing you describe would do is make meat cheaper so that its consumption can go up again.
>>
>>710487154
Hunt moose and caribou. Also fish. Do my own skinning and gutting.

The testies are pretty good with seasoned flour and sauted in butter.
>>
>>710497353
whats the point of stopping humans from killing, if whales sift tonnes of kryll at once every day to live?
Why is EU stopping CO2 emission, if USA SMOKES AS HARD AS CHIMNEYS CAN?
>>
>>710497456
Animal products are waning. PU and other faux-leather substitutes are more popular now than ever. It's happening whether you like it or not. Social change left the slave owners behind and it's going to do the same to you.
>>
>>710497138
I agree - instead of granting animals rights, we humans have a responsibility towards the welfare of animals.

But that responsibility is towards the species not individual animals and as you can see from the red meat industry, cattle and sheep are not by any means endangered,.
>>
>>710497449
> its more stresssful to be rich
That might be the dumbest thing Ive ever read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090223222003/http://www.nutrition.cornell.edu/ChinaProject/
>>
>>710497445

You tell that to pack of hyenas eating a calving wildebeest.
>>
File: 1476727914820.png (273 KB, 517x396) Image search: [Google]
1476727914820.png
273 KB, 517x396
>>710497079
this x100

also how do diabetic vegans feel about using insulin lol
use animal products or die? i know what one youl pick.
>>
>>710497607
It's not about endangerment of species.
The idea that we can produce millions and millions of animals that are bred to be killed, but maintain the number of species is not any sort of morality. That is not a good thing; that's a warped grotesque double-standard of reasoning. That is not being responsible or applying our higher cognitive ability, compassion or ethical judgement.
>>
>>710497688
its stressful to get rich, u retarded motherfucker
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>710497745
> vegan becoming diabetic
>>
File: 1475166920286.jpg (48 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
1475166920286.jpg
48 KB, 500x453
>>710487154
Fuck letting some asshole kill my meat in front of me....I'll do it my God Damn self....gimmie dat shit fuckwad
>>
>>710497725
Missed the point. Use your eyes. I presume you can read...
>>
>>710497288
I understand that if mass amounts of people stop eating meat it would have an impact. However, veganism is never going to catch on in such a large quantity of people. Meat is essential to almost every cuisine if not all. The only way that I see mass numbers of people limiting their intake of meat l, but not stopping, is if there is a shortage of meat. I wouldn't want to slaughter the animal myself, but if I needed food, i'd kill a cow in a second. The way in which we slaghter food is not natural, but we are beyond that. Humans are predators, we kill animals and eat plants to survive and thrive. A diet with limited meat is far more healthy than a straight vegan diet. Although this may not be true for all vegans, my sister's friend has to take vitamins and nutrition supplements because she doesn't get anywhere near the normal amount of everything.
>>
>>710497353
Why do humans have a moral responsibility to stop killing and eating animals? Because you feel we do? Why the fuck should we care what you cockheads feel?
>>
File: 1472411786057.jpg (346 KB, 1500x1038) Image search: [Google]
1472411786057.jpg
346 KB, 1500x1038
>>710497838
several gene mutations have been associated with type 2 diabetes
>>
>>710497866
>Humans are predators, we kill animals and eat plants to survive and thrive. A diet with limited meat is far more healthy than a straight vegan diet.

I'm not even advocating veganism - I'm suggesting vegetarianism. That is moderation.
The whole 'humans are predators' shtick is one of these apologist comments which has no bearing on the reality we now inhabit; we can survive and thrive totally meat free, this is indubitable.
As for the meat diet being healthier than vegan diet - how does this fit into morality? Well, let's say you're right and it is more healthy. Then, by your reasoning, it is more morally important for us to be slightly healthier and slaughter millions of autonomous beings who are being bred to die than it is for us to be slightly less healthy and preserve our fellow beings...
That is not a system of morals which can stand up to anything.
>>
>>710497801

If we did not breed millions and millions of animals to be killed, they would go extinct.
>>
>>710497822
Yeah I´m sure its much better to work in a sweatshop 16 hours a day for just about enough money to pay for food with absolutely no security net if anything happens to you. If only they knew the struggles of a rich person ;(
>>
>>710497445
There is no fundamental right to live. A hungry lion doesn't give a fuck about muh rights. The right to live is a social construct, which is VERY important to civilization, but in the big picture doesn't mean shit. The law of nature is survival of the fittest, humans are the most intelligent predators out there. We are the only animal capable of making food and farming other animals. I personally don't enjoy that animals have to die for me to survive, but it is the reality of the world. For us to live, other living things must die.
>>
>>710497910
It's not about what other humans feel. Once again missed the point. It's about the animals themselves - these are living, feeling autonomous beings. It is, fundamentally, immoral to kill, harm and support the killing and harm of them.
>>
>>710497853

Yes I can. Please state your point.
>>
>>710497688
>cuz we lack the knowledge and patterns of long-term diatery behaviour, it is difficult to reach even post-hoc conclusions about their possible relationships to various effects
p52 diet, nutrition and cancer: directions for research
yeah, gj providing no argument
>>
>>710498159
Why?
They have the ability to roam the land, feed and breed of their own accord.
It would be better for them to go extinct than to live for us to repeatedly slaughter. The latter option is just cruelty and your suggestion has no realistic ethical bearing.
>>
>>710498159
We wipe out countless other species to keep these few species alive
>>
>>710498235

It is the very construct of nature to feed off itself.
>>
>>710498215
Untrue. Invalid. Check previous comments.
Nate Diaz, etc etc, yadayadayada
>>
i love and respect the lives of vegetation more than those of animals.

i honestly feel this way.

vegans are hypocritical scum.
>>
>>710498194
wow, r u reterded.
Keep your stress-free, minimum wage floor cleaning job
>>
>>710498353
I'm glad we have metaphysical and scientific scholars in our midst. How much research have you done towards this grand conclusion?
>>
>>710498235
> It is, fundamentally, immoral to kill, harm and support the killing and harm of them.

Says who? You? The thing about morality is that it is completely subjective. What you find immoral I do not. You think it's immoral to carve up a pig. I think it's a delicious bit of bacon.
>>
>>710498215
> survival of the fittest
>>
>>710498340

I disagree - if that is the case, why are our wild animals under such stress? Answer: human wildlife conflict.

I'm also not one to let any animal go extinct.
>>
>>710498449
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103798/Revealed-Inside-Apples-Chinese-sweatshop-factory-workers-paid-just-1-12-hour.html

God I envy these people so much ;(
>>
>>710498351

That is true, unfortunately. Regardless a similar amount of habitat would be required to plant the grain and soy required to feed humans. So eating meat is a mute point.
>>
>>710498442
Do you know what cows eat?
>>
>>710498478
It's about autonomous life. You have no right to harm another being and you also possess the capacity to understand why.
If you consider the full scope of morality and develop a critical understanding of it you will see why you cannot reconcile any coherent system with eating meat.
You've got no excuse but laziness. Educate yourself. Be better.
>>
>>710498461

You beg to differ?
>>
>>710498194
>with absolutely no security net

Sure there is. It's around the building you'd work in.
>>
That's not gonna work I Texas.
If anything that will encourage it.
Fresh kill fresh meat fresh on the table only the best.
>>
>>710498615
Nope, all that food we grow for cattle could be used for humans aswell. We would save tremendous amounts of land
>>
When I was a kid, I'd visit my uncle on his chicken farm and he'd let me "twist one for dinner".

He taught me to pick up a chicken, grab it by the neck, then swing it around super fast over my head to break its neck. Then we'd tie it to a tree branch by its feet and rip the skin off. Sometimes it was still thrashing around.

I didn't even think about it as a kid, but nowadays I wonder why we didn't just lop the head right off.
>>
>>710498566
so u admit the "study" u linked doesnt show relation with meat and cancer
>>
>>710498154
Yeah, that is exactly what I'm saying. I don't want health issues because I didn't eat some meat. Humans should be the #1 priority of humanity. Sure, there should be reforms made to how we farm the animals, but they are not sentient and cannot feel emotions. They only know pain and pleasure. The way that they are killed is nearly painless, at least in the US. In some places, hunting is integral to survival. The argument that all of humanity can live completely off of meat is short sighted and ignorant. I reapect people's right to choose what they eat, but it isn't quite fair when vegans/vegitarians try to shove their ideologies and rhetoric down my throat. (Not saying that is what you are doing)

Also, sorry for any typos. I'm on my phone.
>>
>>710498327
maybe read the study m8
>>
>>710498857

How much land do think you're going to save?
>>
>>710498898
Your uncle was a faggot and so are you. The proper way to slaughter chicken is stab through mouth into brain. No stress no pain
>>
>>710498461
And you have done research yourself then I presume?
Oh wait, no, you haven't.
>>
If you live in a city like i do,be vegan,if you live in the countryside do whatever the fuck you want but please stay in the countryside.
>>
File: tumblr_ofwo80IcJc1vx9q3mo2_400.gif (479 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofwo80IcJc1vx9q3mo2_400.gif
479 KB, 360x270
>>710498617
i do and i dont go all crazy about what other people eat. you virtue signaling fuck.
i have feeling for all life. and there is a cycle of life and death.
and shit and corpses allow plants to grow.
animals feed off of the plants.
some of us eat and control the population of both. some life is reliant on parasitic ways and some work in symbiotic ways for us all. some kill humans animals and humans alike.
no matter what life you respect more dosent put you on any moral high ground.
welcome to the great circle of life shit head.
>>
>>710487899
Animals are fucking monsters you moron
Did you think humans were the only animals who kill for no reason, who rape, who abuse eachother?
>>
>>710499142
not white people.
>>
>>710498958
maybe u read it.
Wheres the part that says its related?
>>
>>710487154
Lmao, I have seen hundreds of hens and goats killed in front of me for eating. Doesn't change the fact that they're tasty.
>>
File: 1476594441887.jpg (69 KB, 655x432) Image search: [Google]
1476594441887.jpg
69 KB, 655x432
WE WANT RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES FOR EBOLA AND AIDS RIGHT NOW!!!
>>
Hand killed is the best meats I've ever eaten. Killing for noms, most excellent.

Killing for the lols, sad. Grow a dick
>>
>>710499118
One day, you'll hopefully look back at all this edge as just a phase you underwent
>>
>>710499028
1,5 billions cows in the world, they all need about 2-5 acres of land. A normal meat eating human needs about 1. The chinese are known to feed up to 20 people on one acre of land
>>
>>710499193
ok
Urban chinese diet to western diet = more cancer
And we all know what a western diet entails
>>
>>710498635
>You have no right to harm another being and you also possess the capacity to understand why.

I have a right to protect my life if an animal comes charging at me. So already this point is shattered to pieces. The thing about absolutes is they're not usually true.

>If you consider the full scope of morality...

in other words

>if you don't agree with me you don't know what morality really is despite it being a subjective concept with no actual value in rational discourse rooted more in culture and superstition than in academia

The problem with people like you is that your arguments are 90% feels 9% cherry picked studies and 1% actual points. You haven't raised any actual points. Now kindly donate your body to a cannibal so you can be of some use to someone.
>>
>>710498937
see >>710497286

or just search pubmed yourself
>>
File: 1477304858394.gif (2 MB, 374x254) Image search: [Google]
1477304858394.gif
2 MB, 374x254
Contagious fatal diseases have rights too!
>>
>>710499530
The chinese eat WAY less than many other countries. Why do you think it is thatvthey are shorter and less physically fit than many other people fro. Other countries that have more intake
>>
>>710494385
thats because you, and people like you, have a social disorder.
>>
The moral status of animals has only recently become an issue in Western applied ethics. It has traditionally been very low. In the first chapter of Genesis, God gives man dominion over animals. In the Hebrew bible this dominion was moderated by some injunctions towards kindness – for example to rest one’s oxen on the Sabbath. The Christian scriptures, however, are devoid of such suggestions, and Paul even reinterprets the injunction about resting one’s oxen as intended to benefit only humans. St Augustine followed this interpretation, adding that Jesus caused the Gadarene swine to drown to demonstrate that we have no duty to animals, a view that was echoed by Thomas Aquinas. The philosopher Descartes went even further than his Christian predecessors, likening animals to machines like clocks, which move and emit sounds but have no feelings. Kant similarly reasoned that animals were neither rational nor autonomous, and our only reason for being kind to them was to train our disposition for kindness to other humans.

It was only in the 1970s that the founder of the animal rights movement, Peter Singer, compared what he called speciesism to racism and sexism, and argued that animals were entitled to moral equivalence with humans. His specific targets were factory farming and animal experimentation, but the many animal liberation and animal rights movements he spawned broadened their range to encompass matters such as hunting and the wearing of fur.
>>
>>710499633
>heres where its written: my ass
>>
File: spooky rave.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
spooky rave.gif
2 MB, 320x180
#TermiteLivesMatter
>>
>>710498948
Well, technically you could live off of meat only. Just not a very good idea.
>>
I hate vegans and vegetarians, you fucking plant murderers!
Plants have feelings too! I'm not gonna murder and eat plants, you savages!
I'm going 100% carnivore.
>>
>>710487154
I live in Michigan and hunt 365 days a year, depending on what's in season.
If you are a man and you're anti hunting, you're a pantywaste. If your a woman, well, you're just a plain cunt
>>
>>710499802
I meant to say without meat
>>
>>710499530

You'd better have some fantastic crop rotation in place or you'd turn the world into a desert.
>>
File: 1477090929038.gif (982 KB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1477090929038.gif
982 KB, 371x209
Humans are a threat to all animals and vegetables!

Kill all humans!
>>
>>710488387
Best comment I've read in years
>>
>>710499686
>when human-like Neu5Gc-deficient mice were fed bioavailable Neu5Gc and challenged with anti-Neu5Gc antibodies, they developed evidence of systemic inflammation. Such mice are already prone to develop occasional tumors of the liver, an organ that can incorporate dietary Neu5Gc.
>mice
>>
File: harvest snaps.jpg (386 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
harvest snaps.jpg
386 KB, 2000x2000
>>710487154
I've adopted a vegetarian lifestyle for health purposes. I don't have to workout as hard or as often now, and I don't put on any additional weight as a result.

Not fully vegan because I still like eggs.
>>
>>710499820
The planet is getting fucked up and the plants could save us, but fucking vegans are eating them, vegans are literally killing the planet
>>
>>710487154
I work as a butcher in an industrial slaughterhouse, every lunch i eat meat.
The people who say they "couldn't work in a slaughterhouse" shouldn't eat meat imo.
>>
>>710499633
Dude they all smoke. Like every chink smokes. That's why they have cancer.
Speaking of cancer, Vegans are stage 4
>>
I have slaughtered or helped slaughtering animals from a very young age on. My father never made it seem like a special thing, just something that did occur once in a while. Like driving through a car wash. Or buying new clothes. He also did make very clear, that there is nothing bad in killing for food. And while he said, that for him killing for sports is unreasonable, he would accept, that there are sound arguments for it.
It never made me consider going vegan. Even when I helped slaughtering a pig on the philippines, where you would bleed them out while they are still alive. On the contrary: It broadened my knowledge about cuts and meat and made me a decent cook.
>>
>>710499983
yeah, every time you kill a plant, all the CO2 it has absorbed during it's life is released into the atmosphere.
Go carnivore, save the planet!
>>
>>710489178

Exploiting other species for our own benefit? We exploit our own species for our own benefit.

I don't think your going to make much headway with this argument when we still don't give a shit about large numbers of our own species.
>>
File: halal.jpg (338 KB, 690x644) Image search: [Google]
halal.jpg
338 KB, 690x644
>>
>>710488399
you kinda lost me when you said kill the cows.
>>
>>710499946
> I dont understand science
>>
>>710499907
The leading cause of desertification is crops for the meat industry
>>
Humanity have eaten meat since the dawn of time but now it's all "murder" because people live way too comfortable lives and are not aware of the reallity. They should watch how animals are killed in the real world aka nature. Now THATS brutal compared to humans.
>>
>>710501261
>removing mouses testicles lowers its libifo
>removing jumas testicles doesnt
>we r exactly the same as other animals
>i understand science

>the mice r prone to liver cancer anyway
>this liver cancer must be cause of the meat, not cause of the mouse
>i understand science
>>
>>710501616
>humans*
>>
File: IMG_5702.jpg (105 KB, 700x894) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5702.jpg
105 KB, 700x894
>>
>>710501616
jesus christ man
>>
>>710501616
I take it you didnt study at a college
>>
>>710502132
>>710502169
yeah, u suck
i did, thats how i know this isnt a study of human physiology, u fuckin retard
>>
>>710502255
There are thousands of studies of red meat and inflammatory response, wtf.
>>
>>710502255
> yeah, u suck
> u fuckin retard
Yeah, thats how a science major speaks. If you know anything about science you should know how testing in mice works.
>>
>>710502434
uh-huh, the 2 presented r not conclusive. All your studies is vegan bullshit.
>>710502520
uve got studies on speech patterns related to education level? Post them, nigger. Cant w8 to debunk another nonesense
>>
ITT:everyone cares about what others eat.

What a time to be alive. Getting problems solved. Way to go /b/.
>>
>>710502675
you are something else
>>
PETA is to vegans and WBC is to Christians.
We fucking hate them too.
>>
>>710503449
its called "better"
>>
>>710503644
"special" is what we used to say
>>
>>710503761
cuz u r retarded
>>
>>710487154
Wtf I hate meat now.
>>
>>710487899
Sounds like your a dirty hipster.

Go eat your Greek yogurt parfait and fuck off.

Oh, and look up "Greek yogurt byproduct"

HOW MANY FORESTS WILL WE HAVE TO CUT DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR YOUR HIPPY LEAF FOOD?!
Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 26

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.