Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

From Neckbeard to Engineer. I woke up this morning and realize

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 151
File: dbi.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
dbi.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
From Neckbeard to Engineer. I woke up this morning and realize I succeeded at life.

>be me
>2013 - 2015
>honorably discharged vet / college graduate
>perpetually unemployed
>surviving on kindness of family and friends >embarrassing.jpg
>move back in with mom at age 25
>depressed af
>get job at hotel, make $9.00 per hour
>mfw one day I realize that the people working there aren't forced to do so by economic hardship and racism, but they're just shitty and irresponsible people who have no understanding of the world
>college liberal agenda challenged
>start getting fit / listening to Scooby
>get accepted to Penn State / other really good computer schools
>go to an awesome programming bootcamp and kick ass at it
>6 months later land a job as a software engineer

Now I'm making more money than god. I just put a down payment on a house and am moving out of mom's on Monday. I literally have all the things in life I had been working so hard for.
Any success stories, /b?
>>
File: mr_hands_u4r2908tj294.jpg (21 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
mr_hands_u4r2908tj294.jpg
21 KB, 200x199
>>709757274
>Now I'm making more money than god. I just put a down payment on a house
If you couldn't pay cash, you aren't that rich yet

Also check your attitude.
An engineer is the only person known to have died from horse buttsexxx
>>
>>709757274
>Any success stories, /b?
Does not being you count?
>>
>>709757510

>If you couldn't pay cash, you aren't that rich yet

I can pay in cash, I just decided to rent because it'll be cheaper until I decide what state I want to live in (because I can literally live anywhere now).

>Also check your attitude.

Suck my dick, anon. At the end of the day, I'm finally a success, and you're trolling my thread. 'nuff said.

> An engineer is the only person known to have died from horse buttsexxx

That is retarded.
>>
>>709757758
Hey man I'm really glad you feel good about yourself for the first time in a while! But you should heed those other guys words your hubris will do you no good.
>>
>>709757670
>>709757510

Samefag.
>>
>>709757972

>"I am successful who else here is successful"
>"fuck u anon engineers die from horse buttsex"
>"Does not change that I'm currently successful"

I don't think you know what hubris means.
>>
>>709757274
>I got lucky therefor everyone can
Fuck off op
If your interests dont allign with the economical needs of this world you are worth a shit even educated. But congrats, i guees. Dont blow it fzbboi
>>
>>709757758
your story was...stilted and strange. i'm curious where you live now, thinking just b/c you became a software engineer you can basically do anything you want and live anywhere. you're not even 30 yet, have 0 experience, and i can only imagine have not lived in big cities. the past 15 years i've been in the 2 most expensive in the world, and i've eventually done ok but i'd never sound be so arrogant as you.

your age is showing, it's unpleasant, so gl working on that. and the engineer and horse sex is quite a real thing; showing your youth again.
>>
>>709757274
Well, no success yet but I got my first aerospace machine operator job without a technical degree so that's something. I'm a damn setup guy at that.
>>
File: 1293790715044.jpg (35 KB, 540x480) Image search: [Google]
1293790715044.jpg
35 KB, 540x480
>>709757758
>I can pay in cash, I just decided to rent because it'll be cheaper until I decide what state I want to live in (because I can literally live anywhere now).
Be very careful about the debt you go into. Offshoring software work is *very* common in the US....
>Suck my dick, anon. At the end of the day, I'm finally a success, and you're trolling my thread. 'nuff said.
Yea but you asked for it. You are bragging about going into debt to get a degree, when there's 1000 guys named Patel who will do the same work for 1/4th what you're getting.
>That is retarded.
It's truth. Do you know who Mr Hands is? -or rather, who he was?.......
>>
> thinking just b/c you became a software engineer you can basically do anything you want and live anywhere

Software engineers are one of the most in demand skills in the US. I got offers in almost every state.

>have 0 experience
Not true
>and i can only imagine have not lived in big cities

Guess again.

> but i'd never sound be so arrogant as you.

I literally opened this thread by calling myself a neckbeard and how I was unemployed for three years.

People calling you arrogant is pretty much what people do when your success makes them feel bad. I don't remember saying that I was better than anyone other than my past self and I'm happy to have made changes in my life. If you guys don't like it, you can fucking suck it. Me working really hard and becoming successful has nothing to do with luck or some kind of personal downfall.

> You are bragging about going into debt to get a degree, when there's 1000 guys named Patel who will do the same work for 1/4th what you're getting.

I didn't go into any debt to get the degree. I worked it off.

>It's truth. Do you know who Mr Hands is? -or rather, who he was?...

Saying he was the only person to have died from it is not true. And yes, I do know who it is, it's just a non-sequitur and totally irrelevant to the post.

>Well, no success yet but I got my first aerospace machine operator job without a technical degree so that's something. I'm a damn setup guy at that.

That-a-boy man. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. Let's hear more success stories and less whining from /b.
>>
>>709757510
>>709757670
>>709757972
>>709758167
>>709758409

Samefag.

Congrats op. Get used to losers shitposting and being jelly of your success.
>>
>>709757274
But then you have to be a shitty programmer
>>
>>709758880

How does that even logically follow at all?
>>
discharged vet here....general discharge 5 years ago....22 moved back in with my mom and step dad....worked at steak and shake making 8.25 an hour.....depressed as fuck.....went to dive school to be an under water welder....fast forward 5 years....$100,000 a year after taxs(wtf) and just recently started day trading....really heavy into bio techs and in the past 6 months made an additional $40,000. btw im only 27 niggers and next week my company will be flying me first class to the Bahamas on a job for 6 weeks.
>>
i've been studying electrical engineering for the past 4 years and i'm about to graduate i fell pretty good with life atm but i feel like i haven't done anything with my life yet.
>>
File: samefaghurrr.png (76 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
samefaghurrr.png
76 KB, 1366x768
>>709758804
yeah, not so much.
>>
File: 1c0x0f.jpg (52 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
1c0x0f.jpg
52 KB, 620x455
>>709758999
triple tap, checked.
>>
I guess I shouldn't have expected many success stories from /b, but it's kind of pathetic that finally getting a job and wanting to talk to others about it has resulted in:

>omg ur so arrogant
>You were just lucky
>Your job is going to get offshored
>one time a guy got fucked to death by a horse and he was an engineer

Okay, now we're starting to get some success stories.

>>709758974

Good for you man! What branch? I'm glad to see you got a job. Vocational school was the way to go.

>>709758977

Don't be so down on yourself! Graduating with that degree is quite an accomplishment!
>>
>>709758936
>go to an awesome programming bootcamp and kick ass at it
Nothing good about being a code monkey
>>
>>709758974

I'm also a vet considering underwater welding.

Where did you go to school?
>>
>>709759138

Nothing good about being in a stable job that isn't physically demanding with awesome benefits that pays above the median US income.

You're right anon, OP should work at a gas station,
>>
>>709759121
lol what's pathetic is you thinking it's our fault your thread started off like shit. you've got an unfortunate attitude and dopey outlook on life for all of the supposed life experience you have for 25+.

just sayin.
>>
>>709758999

Lol "How to use the Print Screen Command"
>>
File: this guy.png (17 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
this guy.png
17 KB, 239x200
>>709757758
>has one successful moment in life
>gets cocky af
>brags about it in a Persian carpet selling forum

we all know what comes next
>>
>>709759121
air force hahaha.....it was lame as fuck. lots of sheltered kids that have no place in the real world. But yeah OP you got the right attitude you go and get what you want out of life....so don't worry what these guys say.....as a great man once said "there are a lot of losers in the world I guess" -Mr. Woodcock
>>
>>709759226
Ok, just ignore everything about the job and bring up the pay and benefits, which are both dependent on the company you work for.

Some people enjoy programming, I'm sure. But he'll be stuck in a cube the rest of his life in that field.
>>
>>709759237

>you've got an unfortunate attitude and dopey outlook on life for all of the supposed life experience you have for 25+.

No, it's just pathetic faggots like you don't understand success so you whine and shit all over the thread. I never once came out and said I was better than anybody else than my past self, and (what is *arguably* two people) come out crying that I must be some kind of super narcissist who doesn't understand the world.

Looking at this thread, I think it's pretty clear who has the bad attitude m8.

>>709759326

>has one successful moment in life

>Honorably discharged vet
>college graduate

>one
>one
>one

u w0t m8
>>
>>709759194
I went to Commercial dive academy in Jacksonville fl. Lots of guys talk shit but I liked it. Just keep in mind its fucking hard work but you do eventually get used to it.....and let me tell you nothing gets you pussy faster than a chick hearing your an under water welder lol
>>
>>709759261
apple forever. fuck this laptop.
>>
>>709759489

>full relocation
>education reimbursement
>full health
>full vision
>full dental

Pretty good benefits. And yes, I do enjoy programming. Also, being in a cube is not the end of the world. As someone who was in the military, it's a lot better than being out in the desert / snow. Especially as I now get older.
>>
Good Work.
Good luck in the future, just keep improving and learning to keep your skills updated and in demand.
>>
>>709757274
>Good programmer
>Good worker
>Educated
>3 times in a intership
>3 times said that I'm a godlike worker
>3 times said no money to pay me
>Unemployed
>Learning swift so I can get ritch by developing an Idea
>>
I'm a success story too I just don't post on me to inflate my ego.

I was raised in a dirt-poor American family went to school worked 2-3 jobs to pay for everything even with financial aid. Hard work boiled the neck beard out of me. Live in my own place have girlfriends off and on. Graduate get two offers for jobs so I take my "god" salary and support my family and sister. Still have enough to buy whatever I want.
>>
>>709757274
>be black
>got some weed
>driving home
>cop pulls me over for expired tags
>tells me to catch up on registration
>let's me go
>turn corner
>get shot between gang violence
>cop didn't shoot me
>todaywasagoodday.jpg
>>
>>709759742
Thanks anon!

>>709759770
Have you considered learning cobalt?

>>709759868
Well you just posted right now about it so you kind of contradicted yourself, but I'm glad your hard work paid off!
>>
>>709759493
are you actually counting graduating college and being honorably discharged vet as successes?are your standards of noteworthy achievements that low?
>>
File: 20131008_230631.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20131008_230631.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>709759603
To each his own man, I went from being essentially a tech in the military to a console operator on the civilian side. I make more at my current position [and more than I would as a tech at the same company] but staring at 8 computer screens all day just sucks the life out of me. I'd give up a little pay to go back to being a tech.
>>
>>709760018

Oh yeah, because being honorably discharged from a combat MOS and getting a BS is sooo fucking easy which is why everybody is doing it. My standards are so low.
>>
>>709759967
Cobalt?
Do you mean cobol?
>>
>>709760021

I hear you. I grew up using computers so it's second nature. In fact, I'm posting this from my home gym right now between reps. I find the work very rewarding and intuitive -- although admittedly sometimes frustrating.
>>
>>709760206

Yeah (autocorrect).

Apparently cobol developers make big money because a lot of old banking systems run off of it and nobody has updated.
>>
>>709757274

Nice work, brother.

I decided at 26 I was going to be homeless if I didn't change. Lost 150lbs, went back to a community college, moved out nine months later. Currently living with my girlfriend and transferred to a good university this semester.

>Mechanical Engineering

On a side note, someone/something (god,karma idk) rewarded my efforts by bringing a wonderful woman into my life the first semester back to school. Good things happen to those that make an effort to change.

Enjoy the new house, drink a beer for me and imagine we're enjoying one together.
>>
>>709757274
>be me
>14 years ago
>graduate high school (barely)
>mom signs me up for college
>decide why not

ff 2 years

>graduate college
>certified auto mechanic
>hate cars
>decide to do it anyways
>all potential employers say no
>certifications not good enough
>check into new certs
>1500/cert
Lolnope.gif

>no job, money, future
>living at moms
>temp agency calls

Fuck green text. Im on my phone.

I worked one day at the assignment. On my way home that night the engine in my truck blew. I got into an argument with my mom. She said to either join the navy like my younger brother or i could gtfo. I left. Didnt talk to mom for about 2 years. I put myself into a homeless shelter. That got old fast. About 2 months in i started looking for financial assistance. I went back to school and got my cdl. Started driving semi trucks. Been doing that for 11 years now.
>>
>>709760273
Too oriented language.
I'm learning swift cause rumors have been said about google integrating it on future android systems.
Also not too much swift developers around here
>>
>>709760356

Awesome man!! This is the kind of stuff I've been looking forward to hearing! Congrats on the girl, by the way.

>>709760380

Stacking up them chips my man! I'm happy to hear it. There's a lot of good money in trucking.
>>
>>709759493
you didn't say it with words, it was your contextual tone, and the only one whining is you for it being pointed out to you lol. and you just keep drawing it out further, what does that say about you?? more of the same, that's what.
>>
>>709760498

I'm going to try to do cobol, but I understand what you're getting at. I just feel like a ton of people are going to learn swift and nobody is going to learn cobol lol
>>
>>709760586
Where do you live?
I live in shitty spain, developers underpaid dreaming country
>>
>>709760503
>a lot of good money in truckin

Meh... It pays the bills. Thats about it. I made 41,000 usd last year.

But at least im not homeless anymore. That sucked.
>>
>>709760216
What'd you do in the military?
>>
>>709757274

It's useless OP. They will always be buttfrustrated over this thread because exactly zero of them are successful.

>be me
>be 22 (2010)
>just graduated college, depressed as fuck, broke
>couldn't find a job in my field
>put it all on the line, spent my life's savings to move to a city
>got a job in online advertising sales
>by 2012 I was making almost double what both my parents were making....combined
>had qt3.14 European girl who fucked my brains out for a year or so
>thought this was success

>fast forward to 2013
>hate my job, hate my life, hate my girlfriend
>quit all 3, move back to the country
>languish between menial dead end jobs, the pay sucks here
>decide to give my degree field a try again after a year of that shit
>join police Academy
>get /fit/, Excel in class (a LOT of police Academy cadets are dumb as fucking shit)
>graduate valedictorian from Academy
>immediately get a job as a cop in a small town with a low crime rate
>get paid $16/hr to sit on my ass and wait for bad shit to happen
>always wanted to get paid to watch TV (I even bring my ps4 in for vidya when I'm the only one watching the town)
>the pay is certainly not what i was making before but i can at least live comfortably on it
>feelsgoodman.ini

Tl;Dr I know that feel for success. What I learned through experience is that true success is not always money, but contentment and happiness
>>
>>709757274
Good for you anon! Now get a girl and have some kids
>>
>>709760573

No, what it shows is that you've heard something that nobody has ever said. I doubt you have any actual success in your life which is why, as the rest of the thread has moved on, you feel the need to try and morph my success into some kind of personal inadequacy.

I'm not even mad though, I just feel bad because I know a lot of people like you in real life, and they're the kinds of people that I left behind because they're still doing the same shit - working at the same crappy jobs and bitching about how everything isn't fair and everyone who made something of themselves is must have some kind of personal problem.

Have a nice life.

>>709760663

USA.

>>709760719
Combat MOS

>>709760747

Basically this. A lot of people have been cool though.
>>
>>709760747
>What I learned through experience is that true success is not always money, but contentment and happiness
This is what I was getting at.
>>
>>709760747

Love this story, good job man! There's a lot to be said about doing what you want, and I do miss country living.

>>709760801
Girl is next on the list <3

Thanks for your thanks!
>>
>>709760955

Yeah but OP clearly had virtually no money so having a ton all at once is definitely going to enable him to at least get his life straightened out. I've been in that situation and money definitely doesn't buy happiness but you almost need it to get there.

Good for you OP.
>>
>>709759237

>unfortunate attitude
>optimism

You might disagree that he is a success but the sentiment of feeling secure and in control of his shit relates to a reader a major success in life.

tl;dr

>set a goal
>succeed
>is a success
>>
>>709761071
This.
>>
File: rrsw.jpg (20 KB, 449x300) Image search: [Google]
rrsw.jpg
20 KB, 449x300
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>709761168

>I live in my mom's basement and work at a grocery store
>>
>>709760801

Got me a girl about a year or so ago. Shes got a STEM degree and makes big bucks for this area and owns a massive house on an island and only asks that I contribute $600/month for rent to live with her.

Oh and she doesn't want kids right away.

>more on the job
I've been a cop for about a year now and I'm one of less than 20 in the entire County with a bachelor's degree. I don't work hard at all, i just use common sense, and my chief looks at me like I'm made of solid gold. He's told me I'm going to be the future leadership of my department and that I'm going to come up for a promotion soon. I'm only 28 and technically still a rookie, so this is very uncommon.

Literally what the fuck else could I ask for from life?

Moral of the story: if you're a dirt-dick NEET who makes excuses, doesnt work hard, and blames everyone else for your problems of course your life is going to suck.
>>
>>709761236
Kek
>>
>>709760110
>getting a BS is sooo fucking easy which is why everybody s doing it

well not literally everyone,but guess again
>>
>>709757274

I love it. Good job! Rather than play the victim you decided to take your future and your success into your own hands. It's too bad more people don't do that rather than wallowing in their own filth and blaming everyone else, demanding their entitlements and being mad at the world.
>>
>>709761071
From the discussion ITT it seems to me the OP is happy working in a cube as a programmer so more power to him I suppose. I was initially here to talk shit on code monkeys but I'm a couple glasses of whiskey in now so fuck it kek
>>
File: 027222222.jpg (20 KB, 400x334) Image search: [Google]
027222222.jpg
20 KB, 400x334
>>
File: 029222222.jpg (24 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
029222222.jpg
24 KB, 500x357
>>
>>709761071

Exactly; it a fuck ton less about money and everything to do with security. As males and historical providers, security for us means money (almost always).
>>
File: 030222222.png (172 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
030222222.png
172 KB, 400x266
>>
File: 031222222.jpg (14 KB, 399x223) Image search: [Google]
031222222.jpg
14 KB, 399x223
>>
>>709757274
> successful at life

Then why are you here faggot?
>>
File: 032222222.jpg (32 KB, 396x260) Image search: [Google]
032222222.jpg
32 KB, 396x260
>>
File: 033222222.jpg (46 KB, 481x348) Image search: [Google]
033222222.jpg
46 KB, 481x348
>>
>>709761362
>>709761374

<3 OP here <3

Pretty much I woke up one day and realized I was responsible for my own situation so I took ownership of my life and changed stuff. It worked out for me. I'm very happy about it and I look forward to a long an prosperous career.
>>
File: 034222222.jpg (9 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
034222222.jpg
9 KB, 270x187
>>
File: 035222222.jpg (49 KB, 625x466) Image search: [Google]
035222222.jpg
49 KB, 625x466
>>
File: 036222222.jpg (40 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
036222222.jpg
40 KB, 475x347
>>
File: 037222222.jpg (36 KB, 680x425) Image search: [Google]
037222222.jpg
36 KB, 680x425
>>
File: 038222222.jpg (33 KB, 439x281) Image search: [Google]
038222222.jpg
33 KB, 439x281
>>
File: 039222222.jpg (42 KB, 642x473) Image search: [Google]
039222222.jpg
42 KB, 642x473
>>
File: 040222222.jpg (46 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
040222222.jpg
46 KB, 500x373
>>
File: 041222222.png (246 KB, 561x400) Image search: [Google]
041222222.png
246 KB, 561x400
>>
File: 042222222.jpg (19 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
042222222.jpg
19 KB, 400x303
>>
File: 043222222.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
043222222.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
>>
File: 044222222.jpg (91 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
044222222.jpg
91 KB, 400x295
>>
File: 045222222.jpg (36 KB, 474x355) Image search: [Google]
045222222.jpg
36 KB, 474x355
>>
File: 046222222.jpg (8 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
046222222.jpg
8 KB, 255x198
>>
File: 047222222.jpg (6 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
047222222.jpg
6 KB, 271x186
>>
File: 048222222.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
048222222.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>
File: 049222222.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
049222222.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>
File: 050222222.png (355 KB, 558x375) Image search: [Google]
050222222.png
355 KB, 558x375
>>
>>709761318

>getting a bs is easy
> easy bs
> =/= good money
>>
File: 051222222.png (101 KB, 262x193) Image search: [Google]
051222222.png
101 KB, 262x193
>>
File: 052222222.jpg (20 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
052222222.jpg
20 KB, 544x400
>>
File: 053222222.jpg (22 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
053222222.jpg
22 KB, 400x299
>>
File: 054222222.jpg (75 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
054222222.jpg
75 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 055222222.jpg (17 KB, 261x200) Image search: [Google]
055222222.jpg
17 KB, 261x200
>>
File: 056222222.jpg (33 KB, 510x341) Image search: [Google]
056222222.jpg
33 KB, 510x341
>>
File: 057222222.jpg (16 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
057222222.jpg
16 KB, 500x366
>>
File: 058222222.png (169 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
058222222.png
169 KB, 400x274
>>
File: 059222222.jpg (26 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
059222222.jpg
26 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 060222222.jpg (17 KB, 503x377) Image search: [Google]
060222222.jpg
17 KB, 503x377
>>
File: 061222222.png (87 KB, 360x249) Image search: [Google]
061222222.png
87 KB, 360x249
>>
Should I join the army? I dont know what i want to do after high school but I sense a war with Russia on the horizon, and I don't want to die.
>>
File: 062222222.jpg (33 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
062222222.jpg
33 KB, 720x479
>>
File: 063222222.jpg (29 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
063222222.jpg
29 KB, 544x400
>>
File: the best.jpg (619 KB, 1338x892) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
619 KB, 1338x892
>>709757274
listen man I just hope this isn't fake because I don't give a shit how much money you're making or whatever i just really really love computer science
>>
File: 064222222.png (295 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
064222222.png
295 KB, 476x357
>>
File: 065222222.jpg (33 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
065222222.jpg
33 KB, 500x384
>>
File: 066222222.jpg (54 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
066222222.jpg
54 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 067222222.jpg (106 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
067222222.jpg
106 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 068222222.jpg (38 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
068222222.jpg
38 KB, 500x364
>>
File: 069222222.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
069222222.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>
File: 070222222.jpg (27 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
070222222.jpg
27 KB, 500x365
>>
File: 071222222.jpg (22 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
071222222.jpg
22 KB, 544x400
>>
>>709760273
can confirm, dad is 74 and still programmig in COBOL for auto finance stuff
>>
File: 072222222.jpg (15 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
072222222.jpg
15 KB, 480x320
>>
File: 073222222.jpg (37 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
073222222.jpg
37 KB, 600x400
>>
File: 074222222.png (278 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
074222222.png
278 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 075222222.png (154 KB, 472x268) Image search: [Google]
075222222.png
154 KB, 472x268
>>
File: 076222222.jpg (57 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
076222222.jpg
57 KB, 533x400
>>
File: 077222222.jpg (30 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
077222222.jpg
30 KB, 500x353
>>
>>709761521
Good luck m8. I'm a still probably 6 or 7 years away from my end goal of an aerospace engineering degree.

Here's my personal story
>Graduate high school
>Strict parents so never got a chance to party at all while in HS
>Pretty much have a 2 year party
>After many going nowhere jobs decide I need a life change and join the military
>Want to get a degree to do something I really enjoy
>Do POG work for 6 years
>Get out and get a job working for NASA
>Job is soul sucking staring at a computer for 12 hrs a day
>Pay is good and have family so stick it out until wife graduates and can be my sugar momma while I use my GI bill
>>
>>709760586
but wait who does COBOL in 2016 learn C/C++/C#/Python/Scala/every other good language
>>
File: 078222222.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
078222222.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>
>>709761897

No, it's not fake. OP here. I actually did it.
>>
>>709757274
This is fucking b8 kek
>>
File: 079222222.jpg (37 KB, 599x440) Image search: [Google]
079222222.jpg
37 KB, 599x440
>>
File: 080222222.jpg (34 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
080222222.jpg
34 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 081222222.jpg (35 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
081222222.jpg
35 KB, 544x400
>>
File: 082222222.jpg (31 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
082222222.jpg
31 KB, 720x480
>>
File: 083222222.jpg (10 KB, 236x168) Image search: [Google]
083222222.jpg
10 KB, 236x168
>>
File: 084222222.jpg (9 KB, 236x173) Image search: [Google]
084222222.jpg
9 KB, 236x173
>>
>>709762088

b8 for what?

Hard work pays off?
>>
File: 085222222.jpg (26 KB, 450x406) Image search: [Google]
085222222.jpg
26 KB, 450x406
>>
File: 086222222.png (183 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
086222222.png
183 KB, 400x294
>>
File: 087222222.jpg (46 KB, 490x370) Image search: [Google]
087222222.jpg
46 KB, 490x370
>>
File: 088222222.jpg (13 KB, 236x183) Image search: [Google]
088222222.jpg
13 KB, 236x183
>>
File: 089222222.png (446 KB, 607x475) Image search: [Google]
089222222.png
446 KB, 607x475
>>
File: 090222222.jpg (23 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
090222222.jpg
23 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 091222222.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
091222222.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 092222222.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
092222222.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>
File: 093222222.jpg (46 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
093222222.jpg
46 KB, 500x356
>>
File: 094222222.jpg (17 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
094222222.jpg
17 KB, 500x319
>>
File: 095222222.jpg (36 KB, 498x371) Image search: [Google]
095222222.jpg
36 KB, 498x371
>>
File: 096222222.jpg (10 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
096222222.jpg
10 KB, 269x187
>>
File: 097222222.jpg (22 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
097222222.jpg
22 KB, 400x292
>>
File: 098222222.jpg (30 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
098222222.jpg
30 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 099222222.jpg (20 KB, 403x314) Image search: [Google]
099222222.jpg
20 KB, 403x314
>>
File: 100222222.png (153 KB, 482x357) Image search: [Google]
100222222.png
153 KB, 482x357
>>
File: 101222222.jpg (40 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
101222222.jpg
40 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 102222222.png (173 KB, 401x298) Image search: [Google]
102222222.png
173 KB, 401x298
>>
>>709757274
I worked really fucking hard for about 6 months.

I entered the workforce at the age of 14 and did shit in high school, ended up dropping out. (I'll blame it on my bad upbringing and being poor)

Once I dropped out I started college and worked 2 jobs, at which time I was getting 6 hours of sleep a night.

At the very end of college I got an unpaid internship for an IT department. I was getting 3-ish hours a night and working my ass off. After 6 months I was making 15$ an hour. I collected certs at my shit paying job (compared to industry standard) and moved on. 2 years later I'm finally making 100k a year.

Being successful takes hard work. Don't blame it on race, social position, sex or education. Work harder AND smarter.

It does help that I got married at 20 and have a very supportive wife. (and we don't have children)
>>
File: 103222222.jpg (34 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
103222222.jpg
34 KB, 500x339
>>
File: horsecock.jpg (93 KB, 934x588) Image search: [Google]
horsecock.jpg
93 KB, 934x588
>>709759326
>>
File: 104222222.jpg (16 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
104222222.jpg
16 KB, 267x200
>>
File: 105222222.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
105222222.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>
File: 106222222.jpg (11 KB, 236x168) Image search: [Google]
106222222.jpg
11 KB, 236x168
>>
File: 107222222.jpg (11 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
107222222.jpg
11 KB, 264x191
>>
File: 108222222.jpg (21 KB, 402x333) Image search: [Google]
108222222.jpg
21 KB, 402x333
>>
File: 109222222.jpg (25 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
109222222.jpg
25 KB, 480x344
>>
File: 110222222.jpg (9 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
110222222.jpg
9 KB, 257x196
>>
File: 111222222.jpg (36 KB, 540x375) Image search: [Google]
111222222.jpg
36 KB, 540x375
>>
File: 112222222.jpg (24 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
112222222.jpg
24 KB, 300x225
>>
File: 113222222.jpg (45 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
113222222.jpg
45 KB, 544x400
>>
File: 1344877805406.png (121 KB, 417x403) Image search: [Google]
1344877805406.png
121 KB, 417x403
>stop being an alcoholic and a burn out
>develop skills in blender, unity, ect
>work with friend to make games on steam

from zero to 'how the fuck am I making so much money doing this?' in just a few years.
>>
File: 114222222.jpg (10 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
114222222.jpg
10 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 115222222.jpg (42 KB, 465x334) Image search: [Google]
115222222.jpg
42 KB, 465x334
>>
File: 116222222.jpg (54 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
116222222.jpg
54 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 117222222.jpg (21 KB, 472x353) Image search: [Google]
117222222.jpg
21 KB, 472x353
>>
File: 118222222.jpg (27 KB, 540x344) Image search: [Google]
118222222.jpg
27 KB, 540x344
>>
File: 119222222.jpg (23 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
119222222.jpg
23 KB, 400x303
>>
File: 120222222.jpg (19 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
120222222.jpg
19 KB, 490x360
>>
File: 121222222.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
121222222.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>
File: 122222222.jpg (9 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
122222222.jpg
9 KB, 271x186
>>
File: 123222222.jpg (9 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
123222222.jpg
9 KB, 273x185
>>
>>709757274
I'll take this seriously.
>be me
>be 16 white trash in the south
>make C's in shit school
>family poor af
>work at gas station w/ Pajeet for min wage
>realize this is my life if I don't get shit together
>realize I am good af at math
>get good enough to get scholarship to big uni
>this is my last semester
>I intern at fortune 500 tech company
>will be running analytics for good money in January
>have good gf for 4 years now too
>she's a nurse at top children's hospital
>we're getting married in May on our 5th year anniversary
>>
File: 124222222.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
124222222.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>
I applaud all the success stories here.

Spiderman samefag has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to hear it and is trying to make the thread expire.
>>
File: 125222222.jpg (76 KB, 640x559) Image search: [Google]
125222222.jpg
76 KB, 640x559
>>
File: 126222222.jpg (44 KB, 609x457) Image search: [Google]
126222222.jpg
44 KB, 609x457
>>
File: 127222222.jpg (18 KB, 360x300) Image search: [Google]
127222222.jpg
18 KB, 360x300
>>
You're not a fucking success, you leeched off of your mom. Not everyone can have their parents pay the bills while they focus all their time and energy on school. Fucking stupid nigger.
>>
File: 128222222.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
128222222.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 129222222.jpg (26 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
129222222.jpg
26 KB, 500x415
>>
File: 130222222.jpg (42 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
130222222.jpg
42 KB, 500x383
>>
File: 131222222.jpg (23 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
131222222.jpg
23 KB, 400x324
>>
File: 132222222.jpg (22 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
132222222.jpg
22 KB, 400x299
>>
File: 133222222.jpg (19 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
133222222.jpg
19 KB, 400x294
>>
File: 134222222.jpg (40 KB, 466x357) Image search: [Google]
134222222.jpg
40 KB, 466x357
>>
File: 135222222.jpg (42 KB, 492x372) Image search: [Google]
135222222.jpg
42 KB, 492x372
>>
File: 136222222.jpg (34 KB, 599x425) Image search: [Google]
136222222.jpg
34 KB, 599x425
>>
File: 137222222.jpg (29 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
137222222.jpg
29 KB, 544x400
>>
File: 138222222.jpg (19 KB, 360x264) Image search: [Google]
138222222.jpg
19 KB, 360x264
>>
File: 139222222.jpg (27 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
139222222.jpg
27 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 140222222.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
140222222.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 141222222.jpg (21 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
141222222.jpg
21 KB, 500x367
>>
File: 142222222.jpg (31 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
142222222.jpg
31 KB, 640x455
>>
File: 143222222.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
143222222.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>
File: 144222222.jpg (11 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
144222222.jpg
11 KB, 265x190
>>
File: 145222222.png (204 KB, 539x361) Image search: [Google]
145222222.png
204 KB, 539x361
>>
File: 146222222.jpg (13 KB, 472x334) Image search: [Google]
146222222.jpg
13 KB, 472x334
>>
Random roll, disregard
>>
File: 147222222.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
147222222.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 148222222.jpg (28 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
148222222.jpg
28 KB, 500x360
>>
File: 149222222.jpg (30 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
149222222.jpg
30 KB, 500x364
>>
>>709762840
>>
File: 150222222.jpg (25 KB, 460x306) Image search: [Google]
150222222.jpg
25 KB, 460x306
>>
File: 151222222.jpg (33 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
151222222.jpg
33 KB, 500x343
>>
How do you fail if youre born in a 1st world country to ok parents?
> be born
> have money throughout life
> done
>>
File: 152222222.jpg (29 KB, 599x422) Image search: [Google]
152222222.jpg
29 KB, 599x422
>>
File: 153222222.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
153222222.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>>
File: 154222222.jpg (20 KB, 360x257) Image search: [Google]
154222222.jpg
20 KB, 360x257
>>
>>709757274
Is your name mike z?
>>
File: 155222222.jpg (23 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
155222222.jpg
23 KB, 500x289
>>
File: 157222222.jpg (31 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
157222222.jpg
31 KB, 600x339
>>
File: 158222222.jpg (16 KB, 400x249) Image search: [Google]
158222222.jpg
16 KB, 400x249
>>
File: 159222222.jpg (34 KB, 423x359) Image search: [Google]
159222222.jpg
34 KB, 423x359
>>
File: 160222222.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
160222222.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 161222222.jpg (30 KB, 350x700) Image search: [Google]
161222222.jpg
30 KB, 350x700
>>
File: 162222222.jpg (15 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
162222222.jpg
15 KB, 600x330
>>
File: 163222222.jpg (16 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
163222222.jpg
16 KB, 500x346
>>
File: 164222222.jpg (15 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
164222222.jpg
15 KB, 500x357
>>
>>709762650
get good at math
stop bitching and find a way. I did it without parent's help.
>>
>>709757274
>>709757758
>put a down payment on a house
>decided to rent

Which the fuck is it?
>>
File: 165222222.png (248 KB, 491x346) Image search: [Google]
165222222.png
248 KB, 491x346
>>
File: 166222222.png (150 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
166222222.png
150 KB, 400x300
>>
File: 167222222.jpg (38 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
167222222.jpg
38 KB, 500x368
>>
File: 168222222.jpg (26 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
168222222.jpg
26 KB, 500x368
>>
>>709762872
>>
>>709763050
some guy lying on /b/ about not being a neckbeard, is all.
>>
>>709757274
which programming boot camp did you go to? i was thinking of going to one
>>
ITT Anons work hard and get a jobs while basement dwelling faggots complain that this is impossible.
>>
>>709763150
>>
>>709763442
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 151

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.