Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Why is so hard to get a job nowdays? I heard about old times

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 23
Why is so hard to get a job nowdays?

I heard about old times when young people can find a job when they are 18...
>>
You can suck my dick for 10 bucks
>>
>>708675636
I'm on the same page bro.
Looking for a job as an IT guy, since that is my degree and I have shit
>>
>>708675636
It's not hard you fuckin idiot
it goes by word of mouth and how much your community likes you
and most community are comprised of faggot ass racist malicious low life sleezy fuckin douchebag sacks of shit.
>>
you can suck my dick for 11 bucks
>>
>>708675796
nobody wants to suck your dick you fat sweaty nothing.
>not even for money
>>
Chaturbate
Easy. Accessible. Flexible scheduling you get to decide for yourself.
>>
>>708675636
>more places than ever hiring and looking for people

I think with you, OP, it's one of three things:

You simply aren't valuable at fucking all

You're one of those über entitled cunts that think you should make 15 an hour to flip fucking burgers

Or, you're both.
>>
>>708676020
You can eat your mother's shit for absolutely free plus the 18 years of child support she caused me.
>>
>>708675636
it's easy... though you might not like the first job u're working in. Start small, grow big
>>
File: 84028330.gif (26 KB, 197x199) Image search: [Google]
84028330.gif
26 KB, 197x199
>>708675796
>>708676020
>>
>>708676094
OF COURSE!
Why didn't I think of becoming a whore sooner?
>>
>>708675636
The second you get into college you have to start networking and getting an internship in the field you want to work. Then, once you graduate, you've got connections and workplace experience.

Boom. Solid job and career.
>>
>>708676172
your mother caused you child support? more like she paid money to feed such a little ungrateful faggot as you
>>
>>708676298
With that attitude I'm beginning to see why you don't have a job
>>
>>708676213
That doesn't work when people are actively thwarting your attempts to progress because you fucked their daughters, wives, girlfriends, or friends and you "weren't nice"
>>
>>708676324
I hope you get hit by an 18 wheel truck.
>>
>>708675636
>walk into restaurant
>you're hired
>>
>>708676298
Absolutely
I don't have a job because I'm perceptive.
>>
>>708676439
well, if you did and weren't nice while fucking their family... and if your boss wasn't a cuck who liked it... then you deserved it
>>
>>708676404
Good reach
but not what I said
also, go fuck yourself you butt fuckin little bitch
>>
File: swell.png (489 KB, 467x543) Image search: [Google]
swell.png
489 KB, 467x543
>>708675636
I may or may not be turning 18 soon and I have held a job for 3 months so far. Didn't even get interviewed. I just called in to a place I had already applied to, asked if they had gotten my request, and they hired me on the spot.
>>
The main reason is because most young people these days are entitled shit stains who think they should be making $20 an hour their first day on the job. The Bernie Sanders cucks who demanded $15 an hour minimum wage.

Finding a job is easy. Start at the bottom, work your way up.

I started out as a grunt slinging tires for $8 an hour. 12 years later I make $65,000 as an automotive tech.

Work is what you put into it. If you go college and get a retarded degree like "business management" and pile up 60k in debt you are a fucking moron. Getting a degree that millions of other people have is a sure way to be making shit the rest of your life while trying to pay off your loans

>learn a trade, work hard, in the end you will do well for yourself.
>>
Move to a place where oil or natural gas is being mined. Simple fix and you get paid quite a bit.
>>
>>708675940
>repair pc/mac from clueless friends
>do the same with their friends/family
>obtain nudes and cash
>post nudes in /b/
>???
>profit
>>
>>708676667
You deserve to be skull fucked to death and then set on fire but you don't see anybody rallying to make that happen.
>>
>>708676854
Or start a business. That's the best way to make a ton of money. It's extremely stressful though.
>>
>>708676845
That's because you have societal favor
also because your boss wants to suck your dick
>>
jobs are everywhere if you have a skill. so, learn to do something.
>>
>>708676963
That is not a job
I need a stable income
Also the only clueless people I know that need my help with that stuff is my nana
>>
>>708675636
It's hard because now days most things used to use people are not done by computers or robots. Look at walmart. They eliminate 15-20 cashier jobs at each store putting in those automated checkout stands.

A lot of people have college degrees now so if you don't have one its nearly impossible to get one when all the other applicants have college degrees or trait school back round of some kind.

Go be a drug dealer.
>>
>>708676854
> $8 an hour. 12 years later I make $65,000
You wasted 12 years of your life to make 65,000 dollars a year
I'm already planning on it, but you should probably consider suicide and DAMN SURE consider stopping these pep talks
you're a fuckin idiot and the problem with idiots is that they're infectious
your stupidity allows others to be treated like they're stupid by using your stupid ass and your situation as a means of justification.
You're ruining the world and you're oblivious to the fact.
>>
>>708675636
go everywhere and ask if they are hiring. If you do this for a month and you are unable to get a job then you are too damn autistic.
>>
>>708676958
plus black lungs
>>
>>708677488

are we making fun of people that make less than 70 grand now? jfc kids are so unrealistic
>>
>>708677498
yeah that's not how shit works you dumb fuck
some places wont hire you just for showing up
because most places make you fill out applications online.
>>
>>708677688
no
we're making fun of people who spend a decade to claw their way to the middle
>>
>>708677357
it is if you do it right, and you could start your own business with the connections you make or try and apply somewhere
>>
File: welp....png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
welp....png
386 KB, 667x670
>>708675636
I think employers are too afraid of hiring someone who might end up being smarter/more qualified for the job than they are. That, and they don't like having to actually pay new workers. Sucks, because you can have all of the qualifications, show up to the interview clean-cut and on-time, SHOW that you're right for the job, and....they don't call you back. Months later, they still claim to be hiring, but they've yet to take on any new hires, OR they took on some who weren't even qualified to dress themselves.
>>
>>708677688
You're not a success story, you're a fuckin nightmare and the completely legitimate reason why half the world's population should collectively off themselves.
>don't care though, I'm out either way. This shit aint worth it.
>>
>>708677488
guess he doen't make 3k a day from home, like you learnt from all the ads over the internet kiddo. He's in the real life already, you're dreaming of becoming wealthy wealthy u filthy little money sagger
>>
>>708676324
>>708676540
Yeah... I hope so too. What a sycophantic little cocksucker.
>>
>>708675636
Just because your definition of a "job" is to work in some office typing at a computer all day, doesn't mean getting jobs is hard. Retail and food service are constantly hiring. Construction is also hiring like made as of late and usually goes through a hiring spree in spring too. Swallow your pride you entitled millennial
>>
>>708677727
lel, u don't get how the world works, do you kiddo?
>>
>>708677488
You are fucking delusional kid. Seriously, you need to grow up fast because the world doesn't give a SHIT about you.
>>
>>708677104
Pretty sure it doesn't work that way...

Although I am very friendly with everyone there.
>>
>>708677727
you are the jobless lazy Mexican ass that wants a job but can't get one. Maybe you should go south and ask Juan for a job.
>>
>>708677787
Better than the lazy fucks that stay in poverty their whole life because they are useless scum living off society and can't learn a skill to be productive.
What this man has done is nothing to give him shit for. Better than all these kids in their 20s demanding high paying jobs because they have some retarded degree or thinking that everyone should make 80k+ a year.
>>
>>708677488
Not him but what has all that "planning" gotten for you child
>>
>>708675636
It's not hard.

Learn how to make a professional and not-too-long resume, learn how to clean yourself up and get in front of people without autism, and learn how to interview.

Also, getting a full time job is a full time job.

Anyone who says it's hard doesn't care enough to actually try, end of story.
>>
>>708678018
nope
it's because where you faggots won't do the job you're assigned and shut the fuck up about pay, insurance, 401K plans, and whatever the fuck; they turn to temp agencies to fill their positions. The problem with temp agencies is that if you fir the worker, they don't really give a fuck and they just leech off the state through unemployment or some other shit.
But the reason they don't hire is exactly that, they promise temp to hire positions and the fire the person for the slightest problem. Temps get paid less too, because they don't know shit and are usually never kept on long enough to earn a raise.
>>
>>708677837
thanks 4 the words anon
>>
>>708677488
>butt hurt Bernie fag detected

Keep telling yourself that $65 a year is easy money.

I have $0 debt from school.

I have a mortgage and a truck payment.

$65k a year is more than the US average. Is it a lot? Fuck no it's not. But for a 30 year old it's pretty good money. My wife and my income puts us in the upper middle class of the US. I have absolutely no problem with your shit talking. My bills are paid faggot.
>>
File: Rabbit.jpg (67 KB, 895x656) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit.jpg
67 KB, 895x656
>>708676802
>>
>>708678019
It took him a decade to make more per year than over 80% of Americans and he did it without racking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to colleges, that sounds pretty successful to me
>>
>>708675940
Stupid person going to college for IT. Get a different job if no one is hiring you.
>>
>>708677837
>Implying employers in trades don't offer in house apprenticeships
>>
>>708677551
And that's why masks were invented
>>
>>708676854
This.
>>
>>708678607
good, good. stay thibking you have it good because you make 65k at age 30. the trumps and buffets of the world thank you for being an obedient worker while theyre so rich they wouldnt pick up 65k if they saw it on the side walk.

keep calling bernie supporters entitled shills. the rich thank you for allowing their aristocracy to continue running the country
>>
>>708675636
Coz the world is fucked up and yea, back in the days, 30 years ago. Companies were waiting for you outside the school to recruit you, know? You can wipe your ass with your diploma...
>>
>>708677405
Not having a college degree and being willing to work is better than simply having a college degree.
>>
>>708675940
Here's your first mistake
>IT
Why would they pay you $25/hr when they can outsource your job to TANK YOU CUM AGEN in india for a handful of beans and a pebble and the promise that his family gets to live another week without being summarily executed.
>>
File: Indiferent.jpg (85 KB, 463x436) Image search: [Google]
Indiferent.jpg
85 KB, 463x436
Vote Trump, take a step to solving the problem.
>>
>>708678149
Food service is absolute shit and basically a real nice way of saying "hey, would you like to constantly struggle to earn money and guarantee you will never advance at all for any reason what so ever?"
Retail is like food service except you get the opportunity to advance but there's basically no real work and that might be nice for some "single" mom but its shit for those of use that like to do real work to receive the mutual benefit of carrying heavy things and doing work that requires you to move.
Construction's not bad except for the impossible to work with individuals like yourself who talk a lot of shit and spin up dumb ass buzz words like "millennials" to sum up a generation that younger than you because you're getting old and you can't cope with the fact that your time has come and gone and you and all the things you once loved are now irrelevant to the general public.
>>
File: 1475448502984.jpg (70 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1475448502984.jpg
70 KB, 500x667
>>708678859
i applaud the fair companies who give people a real chance to learn a skill and be productive members of society. but those people are not the ones who sold our jobs for pennies to the chinese.

but even those programs rely on who you know and where you came from to a point.
>>
>>708678281
I get it, but you obviously don't seeing as how you're generalizing a job hunt experience.
>>
>>708677488
What are you talking about. He did what everyone should do. $65k is good money. Way better than a ton of office workers.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (241 KB, 780x1182) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
241 KB, 780x1182
>>708675636
>>
>>708677787
how fast do you think it is supposed to happen dawg?
>>
>>708678304
No shit, but nobody wants to aspire to your example you fuckin retard.
Just because YOU did fuck all with your years doesn't mean everyone cares to do the same.
>Like I said, this aint worth it.
>>
>>708677837
You think you know but you have no idea what you are saying. You don't even know why you are choosing those time frames.
>>
>>708675636
>Why is so hard to get a job nowdays?

really? its so EASY to get a fucking job now. You're just too fucking lazy go to business to business and ask if theyre hiring or ask for an app.
>>
>>708679377
>Doesn't want to work construction because he can't tolerate people being loudmouths
Sounds like a millennial to me. Also, I'm 20 and in the middle of an electrical apprenticeship not an old guy. But seriously, how much of a cry baby do you have to be that you can't tolerate some 50 year old tradesman talking shit. Just smile and nod, or don't, no one gives a shit. They're old men and are never going to change. But you posting with the stuck up attitude of
>I'm to good to work for my money
Doesn't really serve to convince them otherwise
>>
>>708678313
Yeah it does, not because everyone likes you but because you haven't done any stupid shit that everybody hates. All it takes is pissing off the wrong person.
>and I bet you fuckin are
>>
>>708679377
a job is a job if you really need money.
It's not illegal to try and get a job while you have a job or is it? op complained that it's hard to get a job and it's not if you are willing to become a minimum wage slave.
>>708679448
>but even those programs rely on who you know and where you came from to a point.
everything depends on that, you could be really good at something but if you are autistic you'll have a harder time than if you weren't
>>
>>708679101
so u think 65k is too little - at the same time you rant about the rich - and say you can't find a job (if u're op)... his wage didn't have anything to do with trump or bernie hor whatever fucking politican there is, that's a whole different story. The job market is like it is atm, mby it will change, mby u can bring change, but don't complain about not finding a job. Life with reality and mby try to change sthg or kys.
>>
>>708679348
kek
>>
>>708675636
Well cosidering IT is the biggest field in demand right now I'd say it has something to do with you. What's your problem? Be honest. Are you fat? Ugly? Bad hygeine? Are you not white? I got a bachelor's in computer networking from ITT Tech for Christ's sake and I got a job at LA county. I'm getting paid $35/hour right now to make this post. Also, I'll give you $14 for a bj
>>
>>708678354
I show up if the advertisement for the job says to
you dumb fuckin cocksucker
you could write books with the amount of conclusions you jump to
>>
>>708677837
go crawl back into your closet
>>
>>708679448
>but even those programs rely on who you know and where you came from to a point.
In union companies yes, I work for a non union contractor and though I do make about 10% less than my union counterparts, my contractor is able to underbid their companies on any projects without sacrificing profits which means that I am never in danger of being laid off. It also means that I don't have to have connections or seniority, at the end of the day, it's my quality of work that I am judged on.
>>
>>708679377
You are a little bitch.
>>
>>708679518
some places don't hire u on the spot, AND THATS WHY NONE DO AND U TALK BULLSHIT

that's how your point came across earlier.. Jb hunt is: applying at many places, and some will hire you on the spot
>>
>>708678448
You fuckin idiot
you're just old and weathered
you let life drag you down to the level of a fuckin general laborer and now you're so used to that life that you're pushing your shit tendency to settle on anyone younger than you
>either that or you earn a decent living now but because you had to struggle to get where you are, you want nothing but the same or worse for everyone else and you and everyone like you is the reason nothing changes despite the advances in technology, the "new" way of doing things, or the "new jobs" available.
I think the green text is more likely.
>>
>>708680477
You are a zealous tool.
>>
>>708676854
Of course they should earning 20$ an hour if they went into debt to get a degree. This country is an unsustainable state where going to college is necessary to get a decent job, and 90% of those jobs don't pay enough to pay back your loans
>>
Everywhere is over saturated.
Men AND women work now. You have double the competition you would've had back then.
Wars also had people going out to fight, and that made jobs as well.
>>
>>708675636
>22
>college degree
>hired before I even graduated
I'm not seeing how other people are having this problem
>>
>>708678607
I don't believe 15 dollar an hour minimum wage is a good idea. Minimum wage goes up, so does cost of living. Besides, I'm attempting to live a life off of 9.60 an hour which I don't even get to keep any of because I pay ALL OF IT to child support.
I don't wanna hear shit about some little faggot just starting out making 3 dollars more than what my second job started me out at.
>>
Suggest a job for a partially sighted guy who can't get out and about easily (read: at all if alone)
>>
File: 1454121410102.jpg (100 KB, 560x350) Image search: [Google]
1454121410102.jpg
100 KB, 560x350
>>708679765
do you have any real counterargument? or just ad hominem?

the working class became the working class after the gm sit down strike. which was right before the 40s.

the 60s marked the end of major civil and womens rights advances. the rich white man started pushing back when they realized the "hippies" of the 60s were onto them.

the rich know that 99% of societies throughout history have been aristocracy vs peasants. america was no different until the "peasants" started wising up and fighting for rights.

>>708679913
i work as a welder and pipefitter. i make nearly double 65k.

the job market is manipulated by the rich like trump who move labor overseas. and by politicians who wont fund education.

i have no problem with america ditching labor but there needs to be a chance for people to get educated to take other jobs first. and politicians controlled by the rich dont offer that.

>>708680241
unions are "solutions" to a problem that shouldnt exist and theyre all corrupt.

being paid for the work you do is the right way to do it.
>>
>>708678720
It sounds like somebody needed a friend and you don't make that much either.
>financial cucks flock together.
>like birds
>you fuckin pigeons
>>
>>708680707
You are brainwashed. You do NOT need to go to college.
>>
>>708680849
Somehow you have been convinced that the government raising your wage wouldn't help you

I have no words
>>
>>708680477
Actually im 25 finishing up my degree in which I plan on working in the medical field so not a worthless degree. Also currently no debt since I work full time to pay for my classes.
Im talking of seeing people in their 40s still working at walmart or some other fucking place and living off welfare because they couldnt do shit with their life.

At least that guy was doing something and not relying on handouts. Ill never look down on people for earning what they have.
Lazy fucks don't "deserve" anything.
Anything good in this world isnt free or comes easy, you have to work for it. Stop being a lazy cunt.
>>
>>708675636
I'm 18 and got hired as a programmer at a small startup, no college and no highschool IT qualifications, you just have to be skilled at something
>>
>>708679010
ever wear a mask on a hot day?
>>
>>708681014
If you want a decent job you kinda do, unless you just wanna work at McDonalds or be a police officer or some low paying shit like that
>>
>>708679128
This.
>>
>>708675636
Don't show up late.
Actually dress nice.
Hide any visible tattos.
Convince them you really want the job and will work hard. Most millennials come across as lazy and admit that they just want the job as a job. You have to pretend this job is your life ambition.
>>
>>708680707
You don't need to go to college.
Also if you get into debt thats your own damn fault.
Could of gone the route I did. Went to community college for 2 years then transferred to university. Worked the whole time I was taking classes and during the summer worked 2 jobs to save up money.

Some how I graduated without being in a shit ton of debt and getting a job in the medical field because I'm not a dumb ass getting a degree in woman's studies or African culture.
>>
>>708679535
>living your life by comparison to those who have it worse off does you no good and those who have it worse off no good.
It only justifies those who have more's apathy.
>>
>>708681014
yea... just stopped my college (mby I'll study long time in the future if i can afford it-it's kinda cheap in my country) - since I figured that I learnt more through my life / work & personal interests... I'm getting paid seminars & further education through my job and will soon get a small raise after 1 year of part time working.... life can be good sometimes
>>
>>708681311
You just have to convince them that hiring you will profit them. Show them you are a hard worker and will do the job well, thats it.
>>
>>708679657
1. Don't call me dawg you fuckin pasty fat shit
2. It's not "supposed to happen" at all, but you don't aspire shit or that's what you become.
>>
>>708675949
>irrational ranting
You sound very like a promising candidate. We'll call you when we've made our decision.
>>
>>708681138
oh dear you.. I can understand, don't cry... It's so hot and sweaty under there... come come to mama,u can stay in my cellar and get some good food little boo boo :-*
>>
>>708675636
I'm the fucking leader of anonymous, you twat. And now you've thoroughly pissed me off. I wasn't even that close to edge, and yet your miserable dribble has actually managed to push me off. You hear that? To the end of the line. THE BREAKING POINT. Normally I dismiss this kind of shit without a second thought, but you've crossed a certain boundary you fucking faggot. And you should have known better, you should have realized what could happen if you took your joke a little too far. But you failed, and now will await the repercussions. Fuck I haven't even gotten my hacking laptop out in years, I think that shit is still running some pirated version of XP. But it's time to brush the dust off and set an example, because clearly faggots like you are too young to know what can really happen when you mess with the likes of our group. I hope you're ready for what's in store, because mommy won't be able to save you this time. Best you pack your bags and flee now, flee to whatever remote shit hole you can hide to. And you better pray we won't find you. But we will, and when that day comes you will rue the day you made what was seemingly a harmless comment on an anonymous message board. The clock's ticking, pal. Tick tock. Your time is about to run out
>>
File: bitey.jpg (43 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
bitey.jpg
43 KB, 600x650
Go on indeed. I got an interview by applying to a job easily through that site. You can upload your resume. It is so easy. Just type in your zip code and scroll until you find something. Also there is a filter so you don't just look through food/retail jobs, unless you want or have to. Also follow up calls or walking into the business in person afterwards will only help.
>>
>>708679766
THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THEY THROW AT YOU TO DETER YOU FROM WANTING MORE FROM LIFE
THIS LITTLE PICKLE KISSING SON OF A BITCH IS ATTEMPTING TO IMPLANT THEIR BULLSHIT IN YOUR HEAD SO YOU'RE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET
>FUCK YOU
>>
>>708675636
What a bunch of self entitled faggots...just because you get a degree doesn't mean you automatically get a job...you have to take and learn from the skills and experiences you had while getting the degree...any asshole can fake their way through college
>>
>>708680868

I make more than double 65k. Didn't go to school. No debt and own a home.

People have been able to be successful for thousands of years regardless of economy or country. A globalized world cannot sustain a high domestic wages for all people.

You should be blaming everyone depending on the stock market performing well so that boomers and older could retire.

I know people who have lost their job to Indians who own stock in the companies that employ those very Indians.
>>
>>708676542
This.
Faggot
>>
>>708675636
It's not. Internships and low paying entry level jobs are easy to get. Then you work your way up
>>
>>708679908
money makes money
otherwise you're stuck "paying your dues" until you finally make it to where life isn't shit anymore and that it. There is no after, there's a cap on how far you can go.
The sky is definitely not the fuckin limit, stop lying to people.
>>
>>708680270
you are trash
>>
>>708681921
I really really like that pasta
>>
>>708681454
What are you even talking about.
>>
>>708681605
Awesome! Congrats!
>>
>>708680454
I don't talk bullshit, you glorify mediocrity and insist it's the only way.
>>
>>708675636
Because apprenticeship is dead.
>>
>>708682331
you are a trashy little bitch
>>
>>708680603
You are an outdated has been.
>>
>>708681719
Calm down, dawg.

You are misinformed that he has somehow aspired to be shit. That is a decent job.
>>
I'm in IT, without a degree & get paid $65k to sit here & shitpost on /b/

life is good
>>
>>708675636
I heard hillarys CTR shill team are hiring
>>
>>708681051
The government raising my wage would make my landlord raise my rent, and that's just ONE example
>nuff said
>>
>>708682789
Nepotism is wonderful.
>>
>>708682331
Too successful.
>>
If you have call center experience, look up BDC jobs. 40 hours a week, easy $50k+ without a college degree.
>>
>>708682789

same. sometimes I jerk it under my desk. no complaints here.
>>
>>708682675
No old man I assure you. I employ 3 people.
>>
>>708682620
kek, u didn't get what i said, eh?

mind the:
>that's how your point came across earlier

the post i meant:
>yeah that's not how shit works you dumb fuck
>some places wont hire you just for showing up
>>
When will faggot millennials learn that minimum wage jobs are for the experience, and not permanent or at least long term?
>>
>>708682632
No it's not.
>>
Did you try being white?
>>
>>708681051
hes right that if mininum wage goes up, there would be a catch to keep the rich rich.

the only solution is to phase the wasteful wealthy out of society. anything else is shortsided and will only lead to economic collapse.

>>708681101
people at walmart in their 40s arent lazy asses. they are people whose jobs have been taken away. society is changing from labor to skilled careers. but theres been nothing to help the walmart greeters transition.

this is why trump is even relevant. he attracts the people who have been left behind.

>>708681447
there are many people who get pressured into debt unfairly. specifically kids who have been beaten into it by their parents.

the parents never taught the kid how the world works, he doesnt kbow any better, takes out loans on his parents name. but the parents dont offer support beyond that.

to say those people get what they deserve is ridiculous.

>>708682153
>my life is great so everyone elses must be great

sounds like you grew up in a different time. it is no longer viable to not have a skill and make a living wage.

"successful" how? in that society kept on chugging? yes. in that they were fairly compensated for their work? not so.

yea the stock market is an unfair game. but it is only made possible by the wasteful owners and bankers who make money off screwing workers.
>>
>>708677093
can vouch for this

the money is good but the stress is just insane
>>
>>708681160
Hi, I'm a pipe welder. Lemme introduce you to all this cash that I'd put next to my degree...if I had one
>>
>>708681101
Stop calling people lazy just because your mind is starting to slip from all the shit you have to do to keep your life together.
I work you dumb bitch, but the way shit works where I live (not a city) you gotta jump through fuckin hoops just to get the fuckin job.
I do my job, I don't fuck around, I work, if you're gonna add shit on top of that I'm out.
>>
>>708681719
yo dawg, what r u talking about? U don't want to earn money for a job and get raises? you're really strange dawg
>>
>>708681835
Fuck your mother.
>>
File: 23.jpg (192 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
192 KB, 707x1000
>>
>>708682889
guess it is for some people, not here
>>
>>708675636
It's not? I don't even live in a very populated area and jobs just fall into my lap with the most minimal effort put forward by me.
>>
Every republic follows the exact same steps, and it always ends in dictatorship. What we're seeing is a symptom of our particular republic coming 'over the hill' just as the roman republic did. The republic conquests all around the globe, but the massive wealth coming into the country ends up in the hands of an excessively small minority. No longer dependent on the working class to work their farms and earn them money, the rich begin to outsource all labor to the cheapest possible option, not only because it's the best thing to do but because if they don't, they'll be replaced in the hierarchy by a rich person who does. In the roman republic, this took the form of the romans conquering surrounding tribes and bringing in piles of slaves, making the working class no longer necessary to the point where most people were living on grain rations and were unemployed. In the US, the same rot has taken hold -- this is the step just before the republic typically engages in a number of bloody civil wars with itself and ceases being a world power.
>>
>>708682331

spotted the faggot
>>
>>708682971
as I said, life is good
>>
>>708676439
If you were actually getting laid that often, you wouldn't need to get a job. Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>708682487
I don't know bitch, google what you don't understand.
>>
>>708683355
My parents told me to go to a university right off the bat. I did some research and decided community college was a better and cheaper option because I didn't want debt.

Yes it is their fault, these people need to stop being coddled. The world doesnt give a fuck about you, you are not owned anything, you're only value is what you can offer society and if you are dumb enough to get 60k in debt getting a stupid fucking degree that benefits no one and has no value its your own damn fault.
>>
>>708682650
You are a fuckin scumbag of trash and you're such a bitch you talk shit to people on /b/
>>
>>708682889
self-taught knowledge is wonderful too
>>
>>708675636
Im 53 years old. When I was 16 it was a cake walk to find a job, any job. But immigration, both legal and illegal has flooded this country with millions and million of people and its just going to keep getting worse. Watch "immigration gumballs" on youtube sometime to get an idea!
>>
>>708682750
>if that's what you aspire to be and earn
If not, that job is shit.
>>
>>708683355
I graduated HS in 2005 and hit the workforce right away. I cut my teeth during the great recession and made my smartest career move at the low point.

I was tenacious and always said "yes". I worked late and always volunteered for the one extra task.

People today think that their personal life is primary and work life secondary.

In the golden years you are a referring to it was the opposite.
>>
>>708682936
you spelled privileged wrong
>>
Because of the recession. We're only just now starting to come out of it, and inb4 lol recession ended in 2010 kek read a wikipedia page omg zozzle.

And the only people who say "When I was your age, I could've found a job at ____ doing ___ making _____ so quit bitching!" are BABY BOOMERS and they're the ones who got us into this fucking mess in the first place. Their opinion has SEVERELY depreciated in value.
>>
>>708675636
I've had a job since I was 16, and that was 10 years ago. Just act confident and not like nigger and anyone will hire you.
>>
STAGES OF A REPUBLIC:
1. Dispossessed founders
2. Independence from a foreign king
3. Establish a republic
4. War against neighbors
5. Capital is sacked
6. Republic expands to 'manifest destiny' (sea to sea)
7. Foreign wars
8. World hegemony
9. Internal problems
10. Failure of populist reformers <----------------
11. Civil wars
>>
>>708684127
How much do you think the minimum anyone should make for any job?
>>
>>708682959
don't some of the call centers also pay the rent/food? A friend of mine works in Lisboa atm and as far as I know, he earns 2k€/month and gets the flat / free food
>>
>>708683915
>getting
>got
learn the difference
>>
>>708675636
This country's gone to shit and there is no hope of recovery.
>>
>>708684180
Single mother, alcoholic father. They did manage to buy me a computer once. That did the trick.
>>
>>708683578
All the stuff I have to do to keep my life together?

You mean like working while I learn a skill that will benefit me in the long run?
Thats how it has always been, life is and has never been some easy thing where you just are given an easy job that accommodates you.
Again you have to work your ass off to earn shit, yah some people are lucky and born into richer families that pay for their school. Maybe if you work hard your kids can have that easy life too.
If you can't handle that fact then go ahead and check out.
>>
>>708684247
>10. Failure of populist reformers <----------------
>Popular ideas work 100% and are the only way to go
>It can't fail because it's popular!!!!!!
kys
>>
>>708683308
yea, if an employer sees that u've got a good resumé and worked at minimum wage with no complaints, then he knows you have experience and has sorta respect i guess
>>
>>708684323
Exactly what the fuck it is now you dumb fuckin bitch
we're not talking about the minimum
and we're not talking about the general public
I'm looking at this from an individual standpoint
you know, like you're FUCKING SUPPOSED TO
I don't give a fuck about everybody else
if I'm making a couple hundred thousand a year I don't give a fuck what YOU'RE doing.
>>
>>708684052
Also when you were 16 not as many women had jobs in the work force. That alone doubles the amount of applications in the work force.
>>
>>708684687
You're crazy. Just speak more coherently and you will be better off. I understand your point.
>>
>>708684830
No pity. Just not privilege.
>>
>>708684579
>assumes that the word populist means popular
>exposes lack of basic knowledge to imageboard
>>
>>708685037
Generally speaking, populist means whatever the stupid masses of people want. So yes, it would be things that are "popular". Like free college.
>>
>>708685177
pop·u·list
ˈpäpyələst/Submit
noun
a member or adherent of a political party seeking to represent the interests of ordinary people.

two seconds on google.
>>
>>708684438
Yeah, exactly.
You dumb fuck, we're saying the same shit except you're selling a shit life as if it's gold and diamonds and still acknowledging the fact that shit's unbalanced.
If YOU want to live your life a certain way and earn a certain amount that is absolutely fine.
But don't you dare think it's ok to push your bullshit on other people as if you know what's best for everyone.
Nobody has all the answers, he who struggles has less.
>>
>>708683808
depending on how you see it, it always ends in democracy... it's a circle dude..
>>
File: 1453139082498.jpg (148 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1453139082498.jpg
148 KB, 500x700
>>708683808
yep. as long as the powerful and rich in society are one in the same, we are doomed to failure.

>>708683995
"your only value is what you give to society" 100% agree

the problem is there is an epidemic of middle classers who are told by their parents that they are destined for greatness so college is the only choice.

these kids dont have an opportunity to recognize reality as truthfully as you have. they were conditioned into delusion.

i agree with what youre saying and more people need to fucking hear it. but cant blame people who were trained against it.

>>708684166
i appreciate this highly. the ambition you have is lacking throughout society. and more work deserves more rewards.

but you are still puny in conparison of the trumps who were born into wealth and will never do more than delegate work their entire lives.

you are the person who should be rewarded not the clowns like trump.

even so, its not reaaonable to expect everyone to do what you did. you shouldnt have to do "over time" to get a fair pay. "normal time" should be enough. "over time" should be "over pay"

>>708684247
did you find this somewhere? its okay but missing some steps
>>
File: hangyourself.jpg (487 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
hangyourself.jpg
487 KB, 2448x3264
>>708675636
It's pretty easy actually. I could walk into my bosses office, take a shit on his desk and have a job inside a few weeks.

But then, I work in information security with almost 20 years of experience. They can't hire us fast enough.

My advice is this: Stop sucking. Or at least suck less. Then you can get a job pretty easy.

Also, stop being a millennial fuckhead. Get your face out of your phone and actually do some work.
>>
>>708676854
Work =\= a job
>>
>>708685034
Did you miss the green text because the color was too light or something?
>>
>>708675636
>go to ups website
>apply
>get $11/hr job no reqs other than don't be a felon
>get free insurance
>get $2500 a semester for college just cause lol employee benefits
>not be retarded
>choose between being a driver ($30+/hr) or management
>have a career

It's actually that easy, the hardest job physically is just lifting packages 5ft from a cage to a truck at entry level
>>
>>708685037
>At its root, populism is a belief in the power of regular people, and in their right to have control over their government rather than a small group of political insiders or a wealthy elite. The word populism comes from the Latin word for "people," populus.
>The people
Yes, I imagine the people choose only unpopular things or things that don't benefit them personally. The Bernster didn't get any votes from people looking for a handout for sure. Nah he was getting votes from folk who were willing to harm themselves for the collective good by taxing people who make more than them.
>>
>>708685307
Rome was definitely not a circle. More of a centuries-long dumpster fire toward the end. Where is Rome today on its never ending circle?
>>
Its not hard. Stop being such a piece of shit
>>
>>708685230
Yes, I looked it up too. But you have to assume the context that the ordinary people want lots of things that are only popular to the majority. Free college is populist. Lowering the debt is not.
>>
>>708685473
This.....is actually the most non convoluted with personal opinion post in this entire thread and it took the entire thread to get to it.
>Good job.
>>
>>708684370
>were getting
don't see a problem with that.. learn grammar dude
>>
>>708685307
Democracy is terrible. No one should want it. Two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for dinner.

>>708685367
I hope to get to a point where I can loan my son or daughter $1,000,000.00 to start a company.

It's not my turn for that. It's my job to built the platform on which the next thing can be built.
>>
>>708679620
top kek m8
>>
>>708685890
* build
>>
>>708683695
no, not here
>>
>>708685230
>a member or adherent of a political party seeking to represent the interests of ordinary people.
>Ordinary people are the majority by definition of ordinary
>The majority has an interest in sucking dick
>This makes it popular
>They want someone who also sucks dick
>They elect a populist offical because of his support of sucking dick
>The guy who doesn't support sucking dick, but has a real plan for the future is not because he is against the popular (the ordinary people) in their support of sucking dick
Not hard to make the connections friendo
>>
>>708685882
in order to insert the "got"
you'd have to remove both the "were" and the "getting"
>I know grammar, I don't know stupid.
>>
>>708685592
>>708685481
By 'populist reformers' I am of course referring to reformers who seek to reverse the disenfranchisement of the common citizen. The abundance of poor creates a political vacuum for a populist as a people's representative with a package of economic reforms. This person is usually killed by the interests they are threatening. In Rome, this person was Tiberius Gracchus. In the US, this was JFK. However, the figurehead is the symptom, and not the cause of the problem, and new figureheads arise, in the form of Gaius Gracchus in rome and Donald Trump in the US.
>>
>>708675636
I got 3 job offers within 2 weeks of looking. Have you tried getting good?
>>
>>708686058
>the majority has an interest in sucking dick
I think you're just projecting.
>>
>>708685882
whoops, also forgot the "were"
>>
>>708684026
You are the fucking child of a fucking scumbag who bred you with a little bitch of trash and you're such a trashy little brainless bitch to even talk back to people who talk shit to people on /b/
nuff said
>>
>>708685291
Im not pushing shit onto people, Im just tired of hearing tons of people bitch and complain their life isn't fair.

They're are around 4 billion people on this planet that make 2 dollars or less an hour. People in the US have a better quality of life than that of most of human history.
All im pointing out is life isnt fair, its not easy, and no one owes you shit, when you realize that you can learn to accept what life is.
Can we strive for a better quality of life? Sure.

But the expectation that everyone can have this upper class life where everyone is making 100k a year quality of living is unrealistic.
>>
>>708686204
>supports populist garbage like fag rights
>opposes it when convenient
My feelings were hurt you cis-shet
>>
>>708684052
found Trumps PR dude
>>
>>708685367
Thats the problem with my generation. We were taught that everyone is a winner, do what you love and youll be successful, and that you're special and owned something.

These kids today need to be sat down and told that the world doesn't give a shit about them and life is a struggle.
>>
>>708686428
who said I support that? I think the only person who said that was you. there you go again, projecting your views onto another person.
>>
The best one can hope from life is to not experience physical pain constantly. Anything beyond that is a blessing.
>>
File: dickboat.jpg (2 MB, 2492x4884) Image search: [Google]
dickboat.jpg
2 MB, 2492x4884
>>708675636
It's not that hard if you have good marketable degrees.

I have 2 FTE openings in central Ohio right now, one contract and one salaried. Need a BS for the former and a master's for the latter in biochem or something like it.

Check out the Abbott job board if you're interested+qualified.
>>
>>708686529
>do what you love and youll be successful
Probably the most harmful of all the shit they taught. I know more people who chose to do what they love and are dirt poor and more miserable than the others who chose a job they didn't mind.
>>
>>708686529
I bet they also taught you that you elect the president with your votes, huh?
>>
>>708686089
>>708686216
but what if he's still getting laid all the time?
>>
>>708685473
Best advice ITT for people who can't afford college or dropped out.

Even if you take up ups package handling as a part time job you get mad benefits just for being a ups employee. Turned my life around, I'll be honest starting out its an exhausting job but it pays off if you keep at it.
>>
Check hospitals. We can't hire IT people fast enough.
>>
>>708686872
>I'm a disillusioned tardo who has a degree in Greek mythology speaking about stuff I learned about 5 minutes ago after spending my last $3 on a coffee from starbucks
You sound like a winner.
>>
File: Adults with child sex is ok.jpg (48 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
Adults with child sex is ok.jpg
48 KB, 400x282
>>708686774
>Check out the Abbott job board

HEY AAAABBOOOOOOTTTTT
>>
>>708686370
I think the issue people have is that the system purports itself to be fair and when instances of it obviously being rigged become apparent, everyone doublethinks it away. The system is indeed much better than other countries in the world, but we can't continue to pretend that this is fair (inb4 it doesn't have to be fair because nothing is fair because brutish and short state of primitive existence)
>>
>>708686872
Sadly I had to learn for my self that shit is a scam.
Public education is shit, and most parents don't give the time to teach their kids anything useful.
Im just some what lucky I actually enjoy reading and didn't end up a complete dumbass.
>>
>>708687122
>I write things in greentext and this makes them true
I wish I had a degree in Greek mythology, but I only got a degree in fucking your mother in the poop chute.
>>
>>708687122
So you are saying he's wrong and you think your vote matters when it comes to electing the president?
>>
File: 1452915314263.png (1 MB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
1452915314263.png
1 MB, 1600x1066
>>708685890
no one deserves big inheritance. inheritance is killing society and does not encourage people to understand the value of work.

people should be paid for the work they do, not the vagina they popped out of. "deserve" should have something to do with it.

as far as "your turn", there are no turns. there is only what society has enabled you to do. if trump can be born into his "turn" but you have to build it, there are no real turns.

>>708686529
100%

i am a 90s kid born into middle class privelege. my parents spun the "youre so special, you can be anything!!!" BS. i was one of the lucky ones who left my comfort zone and experienced many cultures in my teens. i defied my parents who told me to be a rich actuary or businessman and took up skills instead. everyday i am grateful i had the knowledge to do that.

but millenials and gen y dont have the experience to understand what is actually valuable to society. they are all protest, no work, no solutions.
>>
>>708687162
I agree things aren't fair and we should always strive to make them better.
Im just tired of hearing people bitch and think they are owned something when they hardly work.
>>
>>708687303
>speaking about stuff I learned about 5 minutes ago
In what part does that imply he is wrong? All it implies is that he learned about 5 minutes.
>>
>>708675940
Get a real degree you retarded faggot
>>
>>708676298
>>708676059
>>708675636
Maybe that "attitude" is fucking you up. Heading to /b,/ expecting real help and getting pissed over bullshit replys. 0/10 I would hire you.
>>
>>708681051
>Somehow
NIgger he literally said the "somehow". What part of "Minimum wage goes up, so does cost of living" don't you get?

It's almost like inflation, but instead of the extra money being pumped out of the treasury, it's being squeezed out of businesses (big and small), businesses which will want their money back. Now that people suddenly have way more money, the value of money goes down.

When small businesses are forced to jack up their prices to make end's meet, but to pay employees and to pay the suddenly doubled cost of running their place, less people are going there in the beginning. People will be leery with money for at least a month. Big businesses will survive this pretty easily, but you'd see a lot of small ones die off. Kind of like a lot of stock brokers pulling out of the UK right after brexit, reactionary. Then, even tighter monopolies will dominate the economy more than they already do.

Have fun paying $10 for your bigmac
>>
>>708687478
Fair enough, with a higher standard of living you tend to get people who have never been brushed by the gentle hand of natural selection and thus become excessively entitled
>>
>>708687341
You are just bitter. Trumps father immigrated here to the states and started a business. He was successful enough to give money to his son.

There is nothing wrong, unfair or corrupt about that.
>>
>>708686370
I understand that, but the people you're addressing that too, aren't getting the message, I am.
I
>work 20 hours a week, not because that's all I'm willing to do, I'm currently looking for a full time job.
>I give ALL of my money to child support, they'll claim less, but that's because I've been given a set date by when I have to have another job and I've saved what little I could to be able to buy myself some time by paying these faggots off for the next two weeks
>I have to pay 130 a week currently but starting next paycheck it goes up to 165 (I got one kid with this bitch)
>I dropped out of school to work a job and pay for this kid
>I have a GED
>I'm 27 and she had him when I was 18 (right out of the gate)
Life is a fuckin struggle, but when I'm already struggling, it doesn't help being told I'm supposed to just deal with it.
I don't give a fuck about other people, you can't if you want any kind of progress, it makes you weak and willing to pass up opportunity to someone who're worse off.
I'm not even doing that bad for someone who's struggling but that's is solely due to my stepfather who's house I live in. But it is a struggle, I'm not living large or really all that great. But it's not absolute poverty and that's not OK to hear someone tell you that you just don't have it bad enough to justify giving you a fucking break AT LEAST with finding a job that at the end of the day I STILL HAVE TO FUCKING WORK
>>
>>708686949
I'm not.
>Chlamydia
and then....I don't even fuckin know because lying doctors and no money but best guess is HPV so genital warts
>>
>>708685522
well, it splittt and the circle divided in many smaller circles (stats/countries/fuerstentuemer, whatever u will). The remains of the Roman empire ere taken over by the Ostrogothic kingdom, and bla bla bla bla bla now we got italy & actually the EU. the names may change, the emperors change, but the circle will still turn. pah I'm too tired i guess

>>708685890
never said that democracy is good /optimum, It's more like opium for the ppl
>>
>>708675636
Let me let ya in on some shit bro
I was born in 1970
I got my first 2 jobs in 1986.
1) learning to change truck tires 18 wheelers and heavy equipment...didnt get paid alot...my boss was my weed dealer and teacher)
2) Started washing dishes at Shoneys ( if ya never heard of it look it up)

2 yrs later..I graduated high school (1988)
I started officially working on the books for my boss changing tires. I was making about 850$-900$ a week. In those days that shit went decently far.
I also got a promotion to line cook at Shoneys
5 more yrs later
I was running my own tire changing truck for my old boss and I got promoted from line cook...thru prep cook to kitchen manager

I chose fields that would not get outsourced to other countries....
I also chose fields early enough (service fields) that can not be replaced by robots.
You kids got it rough looking for jobs now...I feel sorry for ya
But when you guys decide to rise up against the corrupt government and the oligarchs...believe this...when ya runnin from the cops...my house is open to ya
>>
>>708675636
Outsourced jobs and increase in population, in the United States case, Hispanics
>>
>>708675636
Go to school and get a RELEVANT degree.. I graduated in May with a degree in computer networking technologies and started out as a field service technician for $21 an hour and if you want to be paid more you fucking work for it and prove your worth there is zero entitlement because you are who you prove you are
>>
>>708685522
>>708688020
what I meant is, that Rome is just part of the circle and the circle itself is at the same time only relative
>>
>>708687826
Shouldn't have fucked and cum in the woman.
>>
>>708675796
You have yourself a deal.
>>
>>708687947
oooook... kek
we were actually talking about grammar here, but thanks for the laugh
>>
>>708686721
yes. maybe a little less dramatically. but life is a series of deprivations & addictions that we will go to riduculous lengths to satisfy.

>>708686473
immigration can only hurt a country past a certain point.

immigrants bring culture that conflicts with the established cultures (notice the asians didnt, they assimilated and have bo problems) this is fueling race wars. i am not saying that our cultures are superior, they suck. but it doesnt help to bring in more. my neighbors cant speak english and its very irritating.

immigrants also come over and drive wages down by working for cheap. bad for workers.

i do not personally hate immigrants but they are objectively a bad idea

>>708687763
there is nothing fair about inheriting wealth due to what vagina you fell out of.

donald does no work. he delegates it. he avoids taxes. he sits on houses. he drives companies into the ground with shitty decisions. he files nonsense lawsuits costing millions in taxpayer money.

he is a parasite and deserves to be shipped to jupiter.

and you seem naive of how the wealthy operate. donnys dad is the epitome of evil businessman.

that isnt to say there are no fair owners, there are. but no one gets to billionaire fairly.

>>708688284
easier said than done. college is run very poorly. it is not run as education, it is run as a bankers wet dream.
>>
File: 1461799142694.jpg (726 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461799142694.jpg
726 KB, 1920x1080
>>708675636
Its all about having your own personal craft/skill set. If you think you're gonna make money without having something you're good at, the go suck some dicks.
>>
>>708688756
To the last point, thats your problem. You think that because colleges are run by "big time bankers", that you cannot succeed in life. Bruh wake the fuck up. Stop being a liberal.
>>
>>708688756
I don't see why that is bad. I delegate to my employees. You have to or you aren't being effective with your time.

If your successful parents give birth to you and you are more successful that two drug addict parents it is more than acceptable to reap the benefit.
>>
>>708686963
got a lot of driving experience driving for the red cross.. do you think my chances as driver are high? and driver is just after college or what was that stuff with 11/h?
>>
>>708675636
Economy only just recovering means there is lots of competition for jobs because of a shit ton of unemployed people and companies being scared to hired people.

It'll get better man, in a year or two the bubble is REALLY going to take off again. Ride it man. The babyboomers will leave the workforce, things will pick up.
>>
>>708675636
its not. you're just entitled.
>>
>>708675636
Perhaps your fucking grammar is huge part of the "why".
>>
>>708688756
i feel like Migration is actually a pretty essential part of development of culture.. and due to all the *hurr durr -my country* stuff, we slowed the development down quite a notch... just the feeling of my guts though
>>
My complaint is people don't have the skills to go out and find a job. They sit and apply online and never go in and talk to the manager.
>>
>>708689620
You are wrong.
>>
>>708675636
Mother fucker, how sorry are you? My boss hires anything with a pulse for $10 an hour, and doesn't really mind if you show up high as fuck on heroin at 7AM. Walk into any construction company, get a labor job around $10 $12 an hour, then learn everything you can. In a year or 2, you will have trade skills, and be able to get promotions and big raises for less labor intensive jobs. I started out my journey going to north dakota to kick shovels for a summer. I've been in this work for 4 years on and off, and i can walk into any utility company and get a job starting at $15 no problem, but i wont take less than about $70k a year. Its tough, but thats life dude. If you think you are gonna make good money anywhere starting, forget it. Get a $10 labor job, and help your parents with their bills. If you have never held a job before, you have to learn work ethic too. How to show up on time, How to make a paycheck last week, how much you can drink and still function the next day at work. Takes time kid.
>>
>>708689685
nice argument, you seem like a good discussion partner.
without migration, americans wouldn exist, without migration, kaukasians wouldn't exist, without migration we would pretty much still sit in our caves and draw pictures of our hands on the wall (k, that was a little too much but whatever)

>kys
>>
>>708675636
One word of advice, frame your ass off. Remember that cleaning job you did at that fastfood joint? It means you have experience in franchise-appropriate sanitation, whatever that means. Or that time you helped your gramma learn how to use her android device and you all laughed at her expense... That's volunteer work in geriatric digitization right there. Never lie, just frame.
>>
>>708689860
Didn't ever read past the first sentence, not OP myself. You suck. You're a prick, get your fucking head out of your fucking colon m8.
>>
Join a carnival if you're bored. Get paid to be homeless, get muscle, do drugs etc.
>>
>>708690377
stupid.
>>
File: 1448796949725.jpg (137 KB, 940x1466) Image search: [Google]
1448796949725.jpg
137 KB, 940x1466
>>708689139
colleges are set up purposely so that banks make money off of them. its plainly obvious.

if you read my entire comment, i am anti immigration. that is not liberal.

education should be available, not only for free, but students should be paid to go to school. if you want a productive society, pay them to learn, eliminate the stress of money problems, and give them a real chance at a future. invest in the future not bankers.

>>708689147
it is not bad if you are doing more than collecting a ridiculous paycheck. the value is in the work that is done not who oversees the show.

thats is an insanely unfair comparison and does not speak to the fairness of inheritance.

"if your successful parents" why does someone deserve less if their parents werent "successful"? that is not fair. fair would be if everyone got paid by the productive work they did. not by whose vagina you fell out of.

>>708689620
essential in what way? i cannot think of a good thing (for the country) from immigration

the only argument is that immigrants are escaping torture in other places.

so the question is how many people do we save at risk of the country inploding?
>>
>>708690377
>helped your gramma learn how to use her android device
>work in geriatric digitization
nice one
>>
>>708687826
Sounds like a personal problem for knocking some chick up.
And no shit you have to fucking work.

I work 40 hours a week and go to school full time. You think I have free time to dick around?

No all my time is at work, school, or studying and I have a little free time here and there.

Again no one gives a shit, the world doesn't care, you're not special, work your ass off and stop bitching.
>>
>>708681000
trips speak truth

plebs vacate
>>
My first job at 17 was putting the front cover of a newspaper over the main bulk (local edition). It was awful. I then threw hay into a thresher at a pet bedding manufacturer. I then learnt a trade, ran my own business and studied for a degree in the evenings. Now at 35, I'm a geologist, own my house, 2 cars and a motorbike, and bring in 70-80k per year. Has it been hard? Hell yeah. But that's life. Nobody is going to hand you anything. Start from the bottom like we all have to. It sucks but it gives you the incentive to aspire to better.

Also, it makes you a better person if you know what being at the bottom feels like. Empathy is a lacking quality in many. As an employer I'm sure my employees appreciate that there is no job I assign them that I wouldn't have the balls to do/have done myself.
>>
>>708690607
mby in overcoming the illusion of borders and countries in which people have to reign over the others, I don't know man.
people should be treated equal, if they do a good job they should be paid good. It doesn't matter if it's Tyrone, John, Guenther or Alibaba. If we continue talking about muh country - your country all the time we won't get any further
>>
>>708675636
idk why people say its hard to get a job... I went to college and got a degree in a STEM major which wasnt even that hard and I have 7 jobs to choose from as a senior this year. People really exaggerate how hard college is
>>
>>708675636

You're a loser with no skills, no redeeming qualities, and no real ambition.
>>
Being good at working and saving doesn't help you .

Inflation devalues money so fast that a lifetime of saving becomes worthless.

BabyBoomers are finding this out the hard way, and it's hilarious. The same people who bitch about us being worthless are not working and have money problems.
>>
>>708690556
That's what everyone says who doesn't know how to frame bro. Just try it. Euphemisms are your friend man.
>>
>>708691280
"start from the bottom like we all have to...incentive to aspire to better" that is an insidious incentive. to tell someone they better work their ass off or be left in the streets. we can do a lot better. society has the capability to advance and provide better incentive. there is no reason to be promoting "the bottom" we want to progress from that

there are other ways to teach people than throw them to the wolves

>>708691670
i agree. there shouldnt be lines drawn between people. it only inspires hatred.

humans are one in the same in that we are meatbags with cobsciousness and a psychology.

when people realize that harming another is the same as harming yourself, we can learn peace.

but we are not there yet. and i dont think forcing the "melting pot" is a good strategy. we need to preserve the country for now.

also letting people in that our people hate only incites conflict

>>708692132
baby boomers were very priveleged. unskilled jobs paying living wage out of high school but are now understanding what its like to be on the opposite end.
>>
File: 1466411906098.png (524 KB, 656x576) Image search: [Google]
1466411906098.png
524 KB, 656x576
>people saying start low
>get rejected from 4 supermarket chains and the post office
>spent redundancy pay from last job learning to drive LGVs
>can't get a job doing that either
>>
>>708687618
>, the value of money goes down.

Inflation must be treated separately. Many many more things go into inflation than the minimum wage.

Entry level jobs should pay enough to live off of, and that means covering the housing expense of at least an apartment & utilities. (Plus food, clothing)
>>
>>708692384
>when people realize that harming another is the same as harming yourself, we can learn peace.

Yeah, so how do we speed this up? Can Google free us?
>>
>>708692384
Whilst I agree on the "not starting from the bottom" comment, if OP is desperate for a job and doesn't know where to start, that is a good starting place. WHilst he's in a job he can a) learn skills in that job b) look for his actual preferred career. First jobs are stepping stones. Nobody walks into their dream job straight out of college. Not unless they know someone in the industry who can help them. Fact of life. Alas this knowledge comes from reality and not "what we should aspire to be". Businesses aren't there for you and for what you want at the end of the day, they are there to make money or at the very least break even. As an employer, and as the employee of my own business, you learn that the businesses needs come before the dreams and desires of its staff. If the business grows, the employees dreams can be more likely realised. Especially in the case of small businesses
>>
File: 489074808.jpg (160 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
489074808.jpg
160 KB, 396x594
>>708693272
education is the way forward.

first is to eliminate religion. religion kills critical thinking and pollutes everything a person does.

then we can teach self reflection and logic starting young. say 5th grade. kids are a lot less hateful are far more understanding than adults already.

as to what specifically we can do, youtube and social media educating others is a start.

>>708693414
yes. one thing lacking in society is vision. i cant stand politicians because they have no vision, they say what they think wins votes.

and that is the reality of business currently. i want to advance to a productive society where we strive together not fight against.

you were giving practical advice, i appreciate it. i was more idealizing.
>>
>>708692475

Why did they reject you? Call them up to get feedback so you can improve whatever it is that they marked you down for.

Try other places. Bars, restaurants, gyms etc. If your resume has too much training (like saying you've got a degree in mechanical engineering but you're looking for shelf-stacking work) leave that detail out. Keep trying is all I can suggest.
>>
>>708692384
yea, but maybe we would need a clash to change the idea of borders. Nothing much changed in the concept of state since loooooong ago...

well, I'm going to bed, gn8 u all
>>
>>708693414
If you hire at least some unskilled applicants, then you get 50 beggars for one open position. Sounds like a good deal for you.

What if the roles were reversed? What if your shitty company had to spend their days and nights seeking a candidate for a simple task, filling out requests according to each applicant's preferences. Then they just don't call back. Would that be 'just the way it is' at this time, or would it be maybe a little unfair?
>>
>>708694072
Why is too much training a bad for a low level job?
>>
>>708694379

What do you think an employer would think if they're looking for someone who, for example, could sell life insurance over the phone and the candidate says they have a degree in microbiology.

They're going to think a) this person doesn't want to be in this line of employment b) this person will be looking for other work c) this person won't be here long.

Why would they want to employ this person when they know they're just likely to be transient.
>>
>>708694010
at least we should stop teaching one religion at school I'd say.. teaching about religion wouldn't hurt, and being a little religious wouldn't hurt too..

But people should be taught from early on that various religions exist (same with cultures and ideologies)

I studied Anthropology (out of interest, not for a job..) and I think sthg like that should be taught in school tbh It's mostly common sense
>>
>>708694784
That makes sense, never thought of it that way
>>
>>708694010
>first is to eliminate religion. religion kills critical thinking and pollutes everything a person does.

agreed, and I like the molding kids model. BUT we can't exise the harm religion causes when it ultimately leads to economic unfairness down the stream.

Although religion is on the decline, the human tendencies that empower religion are here to stay. Polical correctness is the new religion. People for some reason need to collectively hate someone, and this is the remaining premise after religion is gone.

To help rid religion in the first place though, we will need replacements for greif/ fear of death and for the protection from daughter fucking, a protection that feeds religion today.
>>
>>708694376
Not quite sure what point you're trying to make.
>>
you could suck mike "quick" swick's thick white dick for a benje
>>
>>708695133
It's called being "overskilled". It's important to tailor your resumes for the job to which you're applying,

And write a cover letter. ALWAYS write a cover letter.
>>
>>708695324
Its all good for you, the employer, when you have people throwing themselves at you for work.

But if the employer had to invest the same amount of resources in each job candidate as the candidate fruitlessly invests in them, then you, the employer, would be upset and you'd no longer say 'that's just how it is'.
>>
Much of this comes from people wanting more more and more and more stuff. You can learn to live well on lottle money and have to work less.

That frees up time to learn skills and build businesses. That is hoe you pay for all those things you want. And maybe eventually not need a job st all.

That and friends cost you lots of money. Because they want you to go clubbing, or otherwise spend your money. It's best to keep a tight group of core friends who don't drain your money and expand when you can afford it.
>>
>>708675636
I have two jobs and work twelve days in a row, not that I enjoy having to do that..

Have you considered you're doing something to make you undesirable to employers, lacking skills, or just not trying enough?
>>
>>708695876
I've been the employee before too, let's not forget that. I agree it sucks. I've sent off hundreds of resumes in my time, each on personalised to the job. Back when it was done by post it was even harder. And much harder to get feedback.

As an employer, we still have to train our employees to do things in ways we'd like. The more we train them, they are themselves more likely to come up with new ways to do things which in turn may save the company money/time etc. This also however means they may look for work elsewhere if we don't keep them happy. Trust me, it sucks when a good employee leaves. But "that's just how it is".

Every employer has usually been an employee at some time. Don't think we don't remember what it's like.
>>
>>708676020
>>708675796
The free market in action.

Glorious.
>>
>>708675636
and those people are still working that job so there are no openings for anyone new
>>
>>708675636
Pro Tip faggot, go do some community service after a while,Talk with the people you are volunteering for about wanting a paying job. If they know someone who can hook you up good If not, no sweat keep at it. Wait a bit longer (not to long) Apply for a job put your community service people on the recommendation list. The potential employer will call them and whomever you volenteer for will really try to paint your fat ass in a good light.
>>
>>708696885
The term you're grasping at is classified as "networking" and to a lesser point "nepotism". Alas, it is a crucial step in finding gainful employment. It's the who purpose of LinkedIn
>>
>>708676854
Not OP here, question;
I recently started a second job as a "quick service" Tech... tires, oil/trans/diff fluid, filters, brakes, shit like that for a dealership..

9$/hr.
In a town where rent on a not very big place is 750$/month.

How underpaid am I?
>>
>>708675636
I have been job hunting since mid-January. Unemployment ran out in the beginning of the summer. Shit sucks. I was a legal assistant and I got rejected for a seasonal position at Target. I mean, wtf.
>>
>>708697231
I got paid 9.50 working as a walmart cashier... being a mechanic it seems like you're being jewed
>>
>>708696481
>Don't think we don't remember what it's like.

Ok, thank you for remembering and sympathizing with equal difficulties. But if employers remember, why don't they help fix it? Call rejected employees and tell them what they can do to get the job next opening. Don't require special formats and drop the stupid keyword expectation in resumes (-critical thinker, team player, etc). Also, don't make confusing job qualifications that weed out people who could actually figure shit out better (example: employers saying 'applicant MUST have experience with textual and subtext drafting in the full Microsoft proprietary family of word-processing computational algorithms' in stead of saying 'applicant who can figure out MS word'
>>
>>708697231
How many hours are you working at this job?
>>
>>708697402
Definitely. Considering what he does actually requires hands-on experience with machinery.
>>
>>708697464
Full time.
38-40+ depending on which weekend it is (my other job is a 54 hour shift Friday through Sunday) and what appointments I need to take my actually autistic brother to..
Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 23

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.