Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Ask a private pilot anything, I'm bored and I know a lot

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 700x465
Ask a private pilot anything,

I'm bored and I know a lot of people here like flying.
>>
>>708344994
Is it possible to rub one out while you're downwind turning base?
>>
File: Howdyhowdyhowdy.gif (233 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Howdyhowdyhowdy.gif
233 KB, 500x281
>>708344994
How hard is it to fly? And how long did you train ?
>>
>>708345671
Not really. Protocol is to keep your hand on throttle while landing. Even while turning downwind to base.

I mean, if you have a really long base leg then you could probably squeeze one out.
>>
>>708344994
how do you get a plane and a pilots license without looking like a terrorist?
>>
>>708344994
also a ppl holder here, what's your home field?
>>
>>708345909
Be white
>>
>>708345828
Overwhelming at first but after you get used to it then it becomes easier than driving a car. You don't have to worry about dumbass soccer moms in minivans.

The minimum to get your PPL is 40 hours.
You have to get special hours in, as well. Cross country, night flying, etc.

I don't know ANYONE who got their PPL in 40 hours. I took about 68. You don't have to train for a specific time. Just get that amount of hours.
>>
ppl reporting in
>>
>>708345915
KBVX. You?
>>
>>708346211
KPAE. my flying season is over sadly
>>
>>708344994
How much did it cost? I want to get my license
>>
>>708345909
C'mon Ahmed. It's already been done. Think of something original.

Plus, your goat won't fit in the back of a 150.
>>
File: pilto.jpg (220 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
pilto.jpg
220 KB, 960x720
>>708344994
PPL here also. what's the sketchiest shit you done?
>>
>>708346078
seems legit.
>>
>>708346300
Why? Not a fan of winter flying? I love it.
>>
>>708346375
Do nosedives while screaming "Allahu Akbar" with my buddy.

That was fun.
>>
>>708346392
20 knot cross and 500 ft ceilings make things a bit hard. i dont have IFR yet... soon though
>>
>>708346301
Costs $120 for an hour of flying. Need 40 hours minimum for a license.
>>
>>708346519
Ouch. You're up in Washington so I feel ya. Down in Arkansas Winter is just a colder summer.
>>
>>708346550
What are some average costs after you get the license?
>>
>>708346638
oh well, just got the plane painted up nice, so it'll be ready for spring.

>>708346741
depends. what plane? owned or rented?
>>
>>708346826
Ah. You're a lucky one. I don't have my own plane yet. I just rent.

Looking into buying a 150 and using it as a tax write off.
>>
>>708346375
Turned the wrong way that the tower said
>>
>>708347165
do it! AOPA lets you finance single engine out to 20 years, so you can probably get something to work pretty easily. they want 15% minimum down though. but on a 20k airplane, that's not bad
>>
>>708344994
do you make minimum wage?
>>
>>708347418
20 years? That's not bad.

I'm a little premed fag right now but eventually, years from now, I want a Baron 58.
>>
>>708347432
Hm? No. Private pilots don't get paid. We just fly small little planes with only us or family/friends.
>>
>>708347913
it's obtainable as long as you're ok with financing it. the 182 was only $62k with 3k hours on it.

but yeah, schooling is kinda important, put your efforts into that now, and you'll have your pick of all kinds of airplanes later. twins can be financed out to 15 years, so it's still pretty reasonable. the $95k beech 18 i almost bought worked out to ~$500/mo
>>
what is your normal day as a pilot look like
>>
>>708346149
I knew a couple people. One guy did it in under, and transport sent the paperwork back saying he had to go back, and log a couple hours at his first school.

These are the people that did it all in a month or two. Flying every day, sometimes twice a day. So it's possible. Just need to front ten K before you even think of it.
>>
>>708344994
How hard is it to get your license?
Also were do you start? Always loved aviation just never knew where to begin.
>>
ITT: people that can't image search

http://www.freedomintheair.org/what-we-do/pilot-training/cranfield-airport/
>>
>>708348431
Depends on if I want to fly or not.

When I want to fly I usually decide the day before. I wake up early, drink coffee, drive up to the airport (I have a few friends who'll let me take their plane if they aren't busy and if they are, I'll just rent), do preflight checks which takes me about 1/2 hour, then I take off and fly to my destination, hang out there and go eat usually, fly back.

Sometimes I go on long flights. New York, Dallas, Denver, etc.
>>
Are you flying now?
>>
>>708348864
look up your nearest municipal/regional airports, check to see if they have a school, see if the school looks reputable/has a decent number of well maintained planes, go to school, ask for discovery flight, go from there
>>
>>708348864
>How hard is it to get your license?
Harder than a drivers license obviously, lots of regulations, physics and some math involved. Radio communications and map reading too, but money will be the main factor. It's not cheap.

>Also were do you start?
Universities have them, and there are many schools out there, often times at airports. Do some research as to what's in your area.
Military is also an option, but very competitive
>>
>>708348864
Call up to the airport and start asking around. That's how I started.

Funny enough my first lesson was on September 11th a few years ago.

But yeah just ask around at a local airport. Go up in person, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 960x720
>>708349020
I never claimed to have taken the picture, idiot. It's a generic one I found.

Go image search this. It's one I actually took.
>>
>>708349092
I wish.
>>
>>708349409
Where are you from? Is the airport far away from your home?
>>
>>708349228
Money would be the main thing for me. Probably not going to happen since I have all of $65 left to my name.

No job
No girlfriend
Fuck my life.
>>
>>708349948
you need money to do a lot of things in life bro, knuckle down and get it done. i only make 43k per year, and i have a brand new truck, a house, and an airplane.

the house and airplane arent particularly impressive, but they're mine.
>>
>>708349862
That picture was taken above Memphis, I'm from northern Arkansas and I live about 5 miles from the airport.
>>
Is your name Mike?
Signed, an employee of your fathers
>>
>>708344994
I work at LAX for an airline. I'm thinking of taking lessons. How many hours do you have?
>>
>>708350172
Yo, having a plane PERIOD is impressive.

And yeah. I get you. People think making insane money is the only way to have nice things. I think money management is much more vital than a large income.
>>
>>708350172
Ugh, I'd never want to own a plane. Buying it is the cheapest part. Fuck all the upkeep
>>
>>708350297
Nope.

I wish. I have the name of a Pokemon character.

No joke.
>>
File: Katana.jpg (409 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
Katana.jpg
409 KB, 1024x702
>>708350352
Not OP but it took me about 100 flight hours to get my license. Haven't flown for a few years now cause of one thing and another, but hoping to get back into it one of these days

I trained on Diamond Aircraft
>>
>>708350434
yeah, proper budgeting is way more important than actual income. it'll come anon, just keep working at it!

>>708350459
it's not that bad actually. roughly $60/hr in fuel, and a couple grand per year in maintenance, including annual. when you own a plane, you get to know the other guys at the field, between all of us, we can pretty much repair/repaint/inspect anything for pretty cheap.
>>
>>708350172
Ya I know but I'm a lazy asshole.
I know that it's my problem but I'm too lazy to change it.

That pretty fuckin sad now that I think about it.
>>
>>708350778
You got one life on this earth, man. Go make something out of it. Once it's over, it's done.
>>
OP here.

I'd love to join the USAF and fly fighter jets but I wear glasses.

FML
>>
>>708351080
As someone who applied to the Naval Academy (wasn't selected sadly, but got close) glasses aren't an automatic disqualifier to fly
>>
>>708351080
yeah, getting into the USAF aviation program is damn near impossible. you have to have been in perfect health your entire life, be a specific height, and have damn good test scores the first time, everytime.

i have mad respect for military aviators, even if half of them are dumb as rocks outside the cockpit
>>
>>708344994
when the depression sets in, would you rather take a gun to your mouth or would you load the plane up full of make a wish kids and kamikaze that bad boy right into a church during a wedding?
>>
>>708351483
fucking challenge air man! nothing like wrestling your controls back from a freaked out autist. never again
>>
>>708351298
>>708351252
Oh well. I don't have perfect health. Not close.

Cut myself a few times after my mom died when I was 16. Only about one scar is left but it's somewhat noticeable for someone who'd be looking. I probably couldn't pass a medical for a fighter jet.

Oh well. I'm happy doing what I'm doing. Medicine is my true career passion, anyway.
>>
>>708351934
probably not, but GA is pretty open to everyone without type 1 diabetes or severe mental issues, so it's not like there's no fun to be had
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>708352444
I'm worried about passing a physical because of the single cut on my arm. It was one single incident that came out of trauma to a kid, Y'know?
>>
>>708352727
they'll ask you about scarring, but their only concern is whether or not you have the full range of motion on all of your appendages. you should be fine as long as you arent on meds for mental disorders, and even then, there are exceptions.
>>
>>708353424
You think I should tell them or say I'm the outdoorsy type?
>>
>>708353812
if they even ask about the origin, just say it's from wood working, or make up some bullshit story about playing with a sword as a kid. that doesnt scream self harm to me, ive got loads of scars like that, and i was never a cutter

they're mostly concerned with the kind of scaring burn victims get, they often lose a lot of mobility.

like i said, unless you have a history of mental problems, are heavily medicated, or have shit like a DUI on your record, getting your medical should be a breeze
>>
>>708354126
Thank you so much! I've been stressed about that for months. You have no idea the relief I'm feeling now.
>>
OP what are your thoughts on 9/11? do you think it happened as the government said it did? as a pilot do you have anything to add?
>>
File: 4L_AB5fgjq5.jpg (328 KB, 538x552) Image search: [Google]
4L_AB5fgjq5.jpg
328 KB, 538x552
>>708344994
>inb4 fly into hollow earth
>>
>>708354766
no problem. unless you plan on doing work for a major airline, or the military, they just want to make sure you arent a crippled basket case. but honestly, as long as you werent ever diagnosed with some kind of mental disorder when you were cutting, you could probably get in with the airlines too.

TL;DR if that little scar is the only thing you have in your past, you shouldnt have any issues. just dont get a DUI or commit a felony.
>>
>>708354883
I want to believe that it happened the way the government says it did. I really do.

Here's the problems:

The planes that hit the towers could not have been flying almost 100 and 200 knots past their "break up" point. A break up point is when the plane is going so fast that it starts to break apart. Those two planes went almost 100 and 200 knots past that point. ESPECIALLY at 1000 feet. The air is much thicker in that altitude than at 36000 and even at that altitude, going at fast, the plane would break apart. Not to mention they were diving.

Flight 77 was piloted by a guy who, three weeks before, couldn't fly a small ass Cessna. Yet he was able to execute two 360 turns and fly so low to the ground that he knocked down 11 light poles.

That maneuver is almost impossible for a fighter jet. Let alone a 757.

Also, why not slam the plane into the Pentagon roof? It's much easier than flying stupid low. Would kill more and cause more damage, too. Also, why didn't they do their homework and find the important offices? Why did they hit DIRECTLY opposite those offices? And in the only portion that was build to withstand a terrorist attack.
I've been to the Pentagon, too. It's a really low building with trees, highways, parking lots, and poles surrounding it.

Also, how did a hijacked plane even get that close to DC?

I don't have any issues with Flight 93.

I've simulated 911 on a flight sim countless times. I have a yoke setup and everything. About 7/10 times I fail to hit the towers or the pentagon. That's while I'm relaxed in pajamas while drinking a coffee. I couldn't imagine doing it while being full of adrenaline, constant screaming, being sweaty and nervous, after killing multiple people, and while knowing that you're about to die. I can't see it. The move was too perfect for those factors to be in play.

But no, I don't believe in explosives in the buildings and what not.
>>
>>708355060
Got voluntarily committed into a mental institution when I was 14. Mom was worried about me. Don't think it's on any records or anything. Took antidepressants for a year then, too.

That's it. I'm 100% mentally fine now. Completely happy and ajusted while taking no medication whatsoever.
>>
>>708344994
Is flying really boring after takeoff and before landing? I have heard it's boring as fuck. Would love to fly but fuck paying for classes and flight time if it's just going to be shit once I'm licensed
>>
>>708355719
For commercial flying it can be for longer flights. Basically you just monitor autopilot for hours and occasionally talk to someone on the ground
>>
>>708355679
you're probably still ok. just go see an AME, the worst they can say is no. it'll cost you about $120 though unless you can convince your insurance to pay it.

>>708355541
first off, no, those aircraft were not above Vne, and even if they were it wouldnt matter. boieing has a minimum of overengineering. all parts must be capable of reaching 150% of maximum before failing. in the case of some parts, it's 180%

as far as getting into restricted airspace, we didnt keep loaded aircraft on standby back then. they did actually scramble two planes to take down flight 93. but they didnt have weapons, it was to be a suicide mission. the passengers just took care of it before they arrived
>>
>>708355719
Above the clouds, it's boring. All you see is clouds.

Unless you're an airline pilot, you can choose to fly at whatever altitude you want.

So, become a private pilot and enjoy the view.

Sometimes I put the plane on autopilot and fuck around on my phone. I always watch it, though. One glance every 30 seconds or so.
>>
>>708356058
Wasn't aware of that.

However that doesn't account for Flight 77s maneuver. That's the big one for me.
>>
>>708356058
Yeah. That no would just destroy my childhood dream, you know?

Oh well. I think I'll be fine. Do they look through your records and such?

Also, I think it's bullshit to get a physical. What do they think you'll do, crash it? Look at the Nice attack. Guy killed a shit ton with a truck. Way more than you could think about hurting with a Cessna. We don't need a physical to drive.
>>
>>708356223
it's not that difficult of a maneuver, EFCS helps keep airliners stable through all kinds of bullshit. those airplanes are designed to deal with all kinds of unusual flight attitudes, they'll do more than people give them credit for.

here's that chick who was ordered to ram flight 93
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Penney

>>708356360
you'll be asked to check off boxes for any ailments you have/had. the AME will go over anything you checked off. how honest you are is up to you. unless you are looking to fly for an airline, or you cause an accident, they wont do much investigating into your past
>>
>>708356692
I'd LOVE to fly big planes but I'm not up for the pilot lifestyle.

Plus the money is pretty bad, sadly.
>>
>>708357026
it's only bad starting out, and boy is it bad at first. but if you stick with it, you can make $205k per year flying international

it is a shitty lifestyle though, you're better off flying GA
>>
>>708357232
Yeah. Doesn't it take about 7 - 10 years to reach that level, though? I'd rather use that time for medical school, make twice as much and buy a Baron 58.

That's the plan, at least. Still a shitty lifestyle, tbh. Doctors have no life.
>>
>>708357409
yeah, it takes a while, and you'll be doing a lot of sleeping on planes your whole career. it's not for everyone.

you'll get a brief that you'll be flying from newyork to paris, but you dont live in new york. so, they'll stuff you into coach on some overbooked flight just to get you to your airplane.

oh, and during all of that bullshit, you have to somehow sneak in the mandatory minimum 8 hrs of sleep. good luck!

that shit's no fun
>>
>>708357658
Wait, pilots don't take off from their home airport?

I always thought they only took off from say, Logan and only flew back to Logan.
>>
>>708357902
nope, as an airline pilot, you'll be staying in lots of hotels, and doing lots of traveling just to get to the airplane you'll be flying. you'll occasionally leave from home, but it'll be pretty rare. rarer still will you be returning home that same day.

it's different per airline, and little regional hoppers have less of a shitty time, but they also get paid a whole lot less
>>
>>708344994
How much money did you spend in order to learn to fly a airplane?

Is it worth it?
>>
File: 1331195235418.jpg (11 KB, 268x326) Image search: [Google]
1331195235418.jpg
11 KB, 268x326
>>708346331
>>
can jetfule melt steelbeams ?
>>
>>708358131
On the bright side, you get to see the world.
>>
>>708358321
define melt. at which viscosity do we consider the steel melted? do we consider it melted when it starts to deform and sag, or do we wait until it has roughly the consistency of syrup?
>>
Do you own your own plane? What model is that I see?
>>
>>708358242
Lessons $120 an hour. Need a minimum of 40 to get the license.

120 x 40 = $4800

But personally I don't know anyone who got it done in 40 hours. I'd say maybe 6k
>>
>>708358510
Its melted when im able to dip my cheese doritos in it
>>
>>708358553
Not my plane in the pic. It's just a Generic.

Don't own my own. Waiting to get out of college first. I have friends that let me fly theirs.

Airplane people are stupid nice. Like, REALLY nice.
>>
I was already looking into a CPL helicopter but now the school is asking me if I want to get a diploma over a year. It involves PPL and CPL as well as pilot management, customer handling and a stack more shit on the side. Advantage is government will help out with the diploma but not just a CPL on its own.
>>
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 1536x1024
>>708358321
I'd assume so.
>>
>>708358733

Right on. I get to work with a variety of jets, don't know how to fly personally but wanting to
>>
>>708358478
you do indeed, and occasionally you'll get to spend a day or two between flights exploring. but it's a fairly difficult life to live if you have a family at home. i lost interest in it after talking with the guys who do it for a living. gonna go the bush pilot route instead.

>>708358658
that'll be a bit difficult considering the auto-ignition point of your dorito is going to be far lower than the temperature of the steel. so then i guess the answer is no, it cant melt steel beams because Doritos are too flammable
>>
>>708358574
holy shit helicopters are like $500 an hour.
>>
>>708358801
I'm not a heli fan, honestly. I like military ones. Civilian ones just aren't as cool and it's harder to deal with and less practical than a plane.

Then again, if you show up to a meeting in a heli, you look like a god.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 400x509
>>708358824
Start on Flight Simulator X. Learn. Read the books before you hop in. You'll have half of the work done and it'll take a lot less time.

I suggest this book
>>
>>708358919
my body is too beaten up to go the military route. Australian Airforce/army only want the best of the best to fly their toys.
>>
>>708358837
So u'd say that jetfule CAN melt doritos ?
How about dipping my doritos ind melted doritos,
ss dat possible ?
>>
>>708358574
$120/hr? where? at my school the rentals are $95/hr and the instructor is another 80/hr.

the average going rate for PPL right now is $8600. and that's assuming you pass your checkrides on schedule
>>
>>708358837
I'd go crop dusting if I had to pick an aviation related job.
>>
File: IMAG0432.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0432.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>708358574
Helichopter pilot here

AMA
Will dump more pics if wanted
>>
>>708359074
well, a lot of those guys arent even licensed. as long as the stay in class G airspace, and are outside of a mode C veil, nobody really cares if your'e licensed
>>
File: IMAG0428.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0428.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>708358855
Less. Mine was VFR/IFR 300/330
>>
>>708359097
What made you decide to get into it over fixed wing? Do you get enough work? Hows the pay/hours/conditions?
>>
>>708359143

...Um, yes, they do care.
>>
>>708359143
Don't they make like, 100k a year?
>>
>>708359202
burger dollars?

I'm talking Australia. Our dollar is worth less and a lot of stuff gotta come from the states too.
>>
>>708359256
not really. most crop dusters around here arent licensed. they're just farmers who learned how to fly from their pappy. the same is true of around 30% of alaskan aviators. they arent licensed, but there's no way to get to and from their homesteads without an airplane, so they fly anyway. ramp checks are pretty much non existent
>>
>>708359255
I always loved helicopters since I was little, so I naturally decided to go with them.

Well, your first job with helicopters will always be instructing, unless you know someone who will hire you with less 1500 hours, or something dangerous like cherry drying.
Pay is minimal to start with, but after years of moving up through the stepping stones and jobs after jobs I work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off about 120k a year. I might contract out to Yemen or UAE next year and fly Oil Sheikhs around.
>>
>>708359202
the R44 is even more they want like $850 an hour for it and supposedly I need 20 hours in that to get the CPL
>>
>>708359334
Yeah burger dollars.
>>
If you killed yourself would you go out with flying im some way
>>
How often you check your yaw
>>
>>708359529
You don't need any special hours in a specific aircraft to satisfy the requirements of CPL.

You do need PIC time in the R44 if you're trying to be able to satisfy SFAR 73, however.
>>
>>708359284
Dunno, im no expert in crop dusting. I doubt it though, unless you sign on with some company that contracts with massive farming operations
>>
>>708359494
cheers man, those conditions actually sound pretty good and I know there's work out here already. Australia is a big place with huge farms, lots of tourism and mining so prospects are good even with low hours. Apparently entry jobs here are scenic flights.
>>
>>708344994
Ever seen a UFO or anything of the sort?
>>
OP FLY INTO THE HOLLOW EARTH
>>
>>708359399
I suppose so. Well it is highly illegal. I'm not the type of dude to report a crop duster's tail number but there are selfish bastards who would, I'm sure of it.

But how's anyone gonna know unless the FAA knocks on your fucking door, right?
>>
>>708359782
Yep
>>
>>708359828
Explain please
>>
>>708359782
I saw one fly up your moms ass
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 630x420
>>708359828
Deuce Bigalow here. This thread is shutdown.
>>
>>708359771
Ah yes, scenic flying and tours and the like are the second stepping stone, if you will, in commercial rotor flying.

Then from there you usually step up to things like oil rig shuttle, and EMS and the like.
>>
>>708359652
The CPL I was looking at required 105 hours with at least 20 hours in at least 2 helicopters. so 85 in the r22 and 20 in the r44. Not sure if its any different for states or they are just trying to milk me more.
>>
>>708359572
Probably not. All it would do is strengthen the restrictions about getting a license and fuck others over in the process.

I'd shoot myself.
>>
>>708359256
You can fly on private property without a license. Same way with driving.

You can't fly out of it though without one. Apparently the sky is government funded so we need a license.

No clue how the fuck that makes sense.
>>
>>708359987
I assumed you were in the U.S.
Are you not?

Not sure what the rules are for other countries, to be frank with you.
>>
>>708360132
No you cannot. What country are you in?
>>
CANT SAY ANYTHING BOUT HOLLOW EARTH CAUSE YOU KNOW ITS HOLLOW
>>
>>708359931
Ayyyyyy lmao
>>
>>708360141
many things are international which is part of the draw for me to learn this. I would love a job that allows us to see other parts of the world for longer times. Already done a lot of travel for pleasure.

I'm in Australia.

I've already saved up the money.
Got 10 years driving trucks and running my own company up my sleeve so I should be pretty employable.
>>
File: 1465072557852.jpg (399 KB, 700x893) Image search: [Google]
1465072557852.jpg
399 KB, 700x893
what do you think about cute anime grillz OP
>>
>>708360229
CHECK YOUR YAW!!!
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>708360377
I fucking love 'em

Don't judge me. I have a mancave.
>>
>>708360432
The fuck are you two on about? Hollow earth?
>>
Ever played war thunder OP? Me being somebody that never flew anything other than an RC plane and being passenger in an airline, it feels really OK and fun to play, but would you say its realistic?
>>
>>708360559
Shit man thats not the kind of response I expected. Pretty cool setup tho, bring one of the figurines into air and post pics someday.
>no woody
u need dat woody
>>
Can we see your watch please?
>>
>>708360587
Fuck off shill
>>
>>708360590
Have about 200 hours on it. WW2 era planes are my favorite.

I've never flown one or any military plane but I'd assume it isn't THAT realistic. Nothing that's realistic plane game wise would sell. It's a great game that'll teach you about aviation quite a bit but it still isn't that realistic.

I love it, though.

Try FSX. More realistic but not as fun. DCS is a god for realism but it's stupid hard
>>
>>708360587
The truth is out there brother
>>
>>708344994
can you take Adderall as a pilot?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>708360678
Hm? Like, wristwatch?

The band is a little tight but it was either a bit too tight or way too loose. I want to get something by JaMcabe or The Fifth, next.
>>
>>708360361
America is the ticket for flying my man, come around, find a place and train. You won't regret it. Find a state with decent weather and cheap cost of living and you'll feel like a new man.

Plus you get to own guns here.

We hunt hogs from helicopters here, no shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKNU7JEGgV4
>>
>>708360834
Already looked into it. I'm a college kid, after all.

No. ADD is a disqualification, I believe.

Don't quote me, it's just what I've read.
>>
>>708360891
I agree with this. America is amazing. We just have a shit government.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 727x474) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 727x474
>>
>>708360877
Why does he want to see your watch? Do pilots actually use a watch in certain cases instead of onboard technology?
>>
>>708360927
You cant take adderall, but ADD is definitely not a disqualifier
>>
>>708361099
I use my watch to check the time, and for timing things. I know it will take 30 seconds to do X or Y etc. etc.
>>
>>708360891
Oh fuck nigger you had my curiosity now you have my attention. We hunt here too but you have to wade through so much paperwork and licences and permits it's totally not worth it unless you live on the land.
>>
>>708360891
Being german and seeing that video.. Holy kek you guys got it going on over there
>>
How do you check your yaw???
>>
>>708360834
>>708360927
I've trained with a guy and the entire flight school believed he had ADD because his attention span rivaled that of a rock.
As long as you don't state on your medical you're taking mind altering drugs you're fine.
>>
If i play microsoft simulator long enough, should i consider myself ready for a real pilot training course? Im not talking about flying a real plane out ouf nowhere just if ill be more prepared or not.
>>
>>708361188
Apple watches r cool
>>
>>708361275
The fuck do you mean check the yaw? Make sure you aren't pushing down on the damn pedals. Is this a meme?
>>
>>708361188
You dont have an onboard watch or any of those somehow built into your cockpit?
Why the fuck is it called a cockpit?
I always thought the stylish pilot having a fancy watch was just a meme you see in magazines for men.
>>
>>708346502
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>708361408
Geez bro check your yaw
>>
>>708361099
Yeah. They aren't called "pilot" watches for nothing.

We have clocks in the planes but usually we'll have a watch just in case.

I want a vintage pilot watch. Looking into buying one.
>>
>>708361408
Dank as FUXK
>>
>>708350498
machoke???
>>
Nice watch. Always curious to see what pilots use.
>>
>>708361408
>>708361456
Bitch shoulda.... Checked his yaw
>>
>>708361456
Yeah. It was hilarious. I actually know a bit of Arabic since I dated a Muslim girl for 2 years. I started screaming actual Arabic that most Americans don't know and didn't pull up until the last second. He flipped shit.

La ilaha illa Allah or some shit like that.
>>
File: IMAG1911.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1911.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>708361448
Usually there is a clock on the GPS, you can acquire information faster from a watch
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1400x788
>>708361594
That watch is shit, this is the only watch able to calculate true aviate variables! CHECK YOUR YAW! TRUE HOLLOW EARTH BITCHES!!
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1000x1000
>>708361594
Thanks man.

I'm buying a replica German WW2 pilot watch soon. I'll probably use that most of the time.
>>
>>708360877
I suggest taking a look at Citizen Promaster watches.
>>
>>708361193
America, the land of aerial bacon.

America has so much to offer, even if we do have rampant corruption and niggers.
>>
Is this thread dead op?
>>
CMEL-I here
part 135 tests are HARD
>>
>>708362019
I hope not.

If so I'll start a new one. Something like "what's your favorite plane" or something. We'll continue aviation talk
>>
>>708344994
How hard would it be to fly a basic plane if you have experience from flight sim x? Could it be done?
>>
>>708362083
Ea Q 134
>>
>>708362083
RIP you.
also fixed wings are for girls :^)

Enjoy getting 999,999,999 endorsements and ratings to be commercial ready faggot :^)
>>
>>708361909
Very cool but I like very simple and classic watches.
>>
>>708362174
Depends on the hours in FSX. Do you have a full cockpit or just a keyboard?

Also, FSX doesn't get you ready for the movement and the wind.
>>
File: RenoAirshow.jpg (440 KB, 2077x1424) Image search: [Google]
RenoAirshow.jpg
440 KB, 2077x1424
>>708348237
I was at that air show. Reno 2011. Had just walked out of the gate, then boom.
>>
>>708359809
>I'm not the type of dude to report a crop duster's tail number

Do all of them even have a tail number?
>>
Do you guys ever have music or can you just talk shit with other pilots or is it always 100% bizniss up there. I drive trucks and I always listen to music I think id go nuts with only engine noise to keep me company.
>>
>>708362908
Bump for this guy
>>
>>708362908
i wanna know this
>>
>>708362908
This is the kind of shit we talk about in the cockpit sometimes. This airline pilot is a fucking idiot and was talking to ATC the whole time. LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfe36WiFA80
>>
>>708363306
Ever gotten dome while flying?
>>
>>708363911
Me and my girlfriend tried it but I didn't like it. It felt, in a way, disrespectful to the art of flight

Sounds weird but it's just me.
>>
>>708362908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K2I1bbrh2E

Rotorpilot here.
This guy is fucking smoking while flying.

Who know what they say about sailors right?

You know what they fucking say about pilots?
>>
>>708364314
What do they say?
>>
>>708364373
someone crashes an RC airplane into the trees, and the guy in the left seat goes "let's go get it for him" and they rescue it for them. They cuss a lot and laugh, and all the while the left seat guy is smoking a cigarette.
>>
>>708364373
Derp.
The proverbial "say"

They say sailors cuss
Even more so for pilots
>>
>>708364314
but what do they say?
>>
if i have slight arthritis in one of my arm does this effect my chances of getting PPL?
>>
>>708364945
Just don't mention it and you should be fine, honestly.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/app_process/exam_tech/item43/amd/arthritis/
Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 21

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.