Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

What do you think about this, /b/? Is it logically and morally

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 29
File: IMG_3605.jpg (29 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3605.jpg
29 KB, 247x204
What do you think about this, /b/?

Is it logically and morally sound to give the less fortunate more attention and advantages simply because they are less fortunate?

In other words: Is equality (left) or equity (right) a better system?

Furthermore, is one of them inherently better than the other?
>>
>>707825073
Justice doesn't exist. It is entirely fantasy.
>>
>>707825073
the picture is a shitty way to attempt to represent equality, justice, equity, or systems of government.
>>
>>707825280
Why?
>>
thous fuckers should should pay to watch the game.
Get a fucking job you dirty communists. We ain't no not giving you no non-stuff.
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0OTM4NjE3MzU5.jpg (125 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0OTM4NjE3MzU5.jpg
125 KB, 1200x1200
>>707825073
equity is an erosive factor of the quality for the human race.
The strongest and fittest have to survive to evolve a stronger race. Since we are try to pull the weaker through we damage our own evolution.
>>
>>707825422
The true strong ones are the people that can survive in the wilderness by themselves with no outside help, that is what the strong and the fit do.
>>
>>707825073
The solution is clear: tear the fence down. Removes unnecessary box expenditure and the fence material can be re-purposed into more baseball bats thus increasing overall utility.
>>
>>707825556
So like 4% of today's human population? That's good that's about what it was in antiquity
>>
>>707825639
I'm just saying, going off of the strongest and fittest thing, that's what it would be, and that's what the argument is based around. The ability to survive in harsh conditions long enough to matter.
>>
>>707825803
But that's not what "strongest and fittest" means at this stage in humanity.
>>
>>707825073
I think this is a good time to define symbols in the image. What does being able to see the bb game mean? What does the fence mean? What do the different heights mean? And the boxes?
>>
>>707825880
No, so it doesn't apply to humans anymore then. At least the way Darwin was putting it doesn't apply anymore.
>>
>>707825073
I think they should buy tickets instead of watching bootleg like a bunch of fucking niggers.
>>
>>707825422
>The strongest and fittest have to survive to evolve a stronger race.

Yeah because in country with the less redistribution of wealth via public policy it's the people with higher incomes who have lots of offspring, not the poor ! Right ?
>>
>>707825803
Not really, it's about your relative genetic contribution to the next generation(s).
11-kids-Shaniqua is probably fitter than any survivalist, CEO or professor out there.
>>
>>
>>707825073
That is not justice, that is not buying a fckn ticket.
>>
>>707825945
being able to see the baseball game would probably mean living a decent life, the fence is the living expense, the heights are different classes/races of people or simply just the two sexes, and the boxes are how society is treating those people. The first image has them all getting the same, whereas the second image is giving less to the class/race or sex with the most and more to the one with less, and the one that was doing just fine anyway, well they're still doing just fine so probably didn't care either way.
>>
>>707826068
This pretty much sums up why social Darwinists get BTFO for trying to bastardize evolutionary theory so poorly.
>>
>>707825372
Because it's not justice, they're watching without buying a ticket.

I mean I wouldn't go so far as to call them thieves but ffs.

Justice would be all three of them niggers caught a homer with their noses.
>>
>>707825073
Well I'd say using boxes to watch a fucking baseball game everyone else paid for is bullshit.
>>
>>707825073
It's not a good metaphor. The tall kid has no reason to stand on a box. Arguably it could make his viewing experience less enjoyable.

To answer your question, I believe it is logically and morally sound to give special attention to the less fortunate, but it is not logically and morally sound to force others to do so.
>>
>>707825880
At "this stage in humanity" the argument doesn't even apply, even if we were to apply it to the disabled receiving equity, their situation doesn't automatically make them useless members of society.

Most of them won't even breed, so it's not as if they're even impacting evolution.

Same goes to those burdened by the unfortunate circumstances of their birth (IE born to a poor family, with no opportunities) receiving equity. The only difference is they'll probably end up having mediocre kids too, but they'll at least have more opportunities than those that came before them and potentially offer something to our race / society as a whole.
>>
>>707826398
Also I want to clarify by race, I mean the human race, and not niggers or whites specifically. I feel like I have to say that because /b/ is fucking retarded.
>>
>>707825073

>Bring personal box to event to stand on to see over fence
>End up being tall enough with out it
>Some midget fuck wants to use my box to stand on
>My box, my rules so tell him to fuck off
>Use box to rub it in his face
>>
>>707826398
I wasn't talking about disabilities.

I meant that your ability to survive in the wilderness is no longer an adequate way of accessing you being fit or unfit for carrying on the human race.

Note: This does not mean it's okay to be physically unfit or unhealthy. Just that the wilderness survival part is no longer valid. For the parts of the world that matter, at least. Apocalypse scenario not withstanding.
>>
This image is a loaded statement.

It's meant to make niggers feel like they are valid and that even though they are equal, they still think they are the little man. Half of these niggers never put their fucking nose in a book and don't realize how much of a little man they were. They grew up, they were served what this image was deemed as "justice" and now they want more because they still think they are the little man when they have grown to be the same size as everyone else.

This is just a knee jerk reaction that is supposed to be taken in the moment of things but given any ounce of foresight, you can see that there is no little man anymore. Everyone is equal and the same height, but everyone who was "short" at one time demands more height because they got used to their height and don't realize at some point life is just unfair and likes getting boosted higher and higher.
>>
>>707825073
>simply because they are less fortunate?

Redistribution of wealth isn't something that has been implemented out of charity but to achieve better result in economical growth and social peace.

The cost of not redistributing enough for the poorest to have access to their basic needs is greater than the cost of this redistribution

I'm not saying redistribution is always a good thing, it can also be done poorly, or overdone.

But maintaining the poorest afloat is good for the overall economy.
>>
>>707826068
This motherfucker right here. Everyone brings up evolution to say "fuck the poor", but by Darwin's own definition of biological fitness today's poor, especially minorities in general, are the fittest.
>>
>>707825372
why are you determining equality with = number of boxes? that sounds like communism

fucking commie

here in america we try to equalize available opportunities every can progress with effort.
>>
Let's pick another example:

You get mugged by a poorfag on the verge of starvation. He gets arrested and your money recovered by the cops.

Equality means your money is shared between you and the mugger 50/50

Justice means you get your money back.

What would you choose?
>>
>>707826625
I think I agree with that.

Equity for the sake of actual meaningful and tangible progress is good, but equity for the sake of equity can have negative consequences.

Unless I misinterpreted what you said.
>>
>>707825073
Sjw's would have you believe that the pic on the right is correct because it "feels" better. Of course. No one wants to see the little guy suffer.

The real picture would be a black sitting on his box, complaining that he can't see, instead of just standing up like the other two. And the sjw's idea of justice would be the black sitting on two boxes, watching the game while the others stand.

Fuck social justice.
>>
>>707826830
I appreciate your effort to contribute to the conversation, but that's a bad example.
>>
>>707826830
You tried.
>>
>>707825073
i think all three of them didnt pay for a fucking ticket
>>
File: niggerstats.png (204 KB, 1715x1091) Image search: [Google]
niggerstats.png
204 KB, 1715x1091
>>707826922
this
>>
I mean I guess it's nice that you wanna help out folk you think are getting shafted but how do we measure who's getting shafted the most and how do we measure how much help they vs other people who might not need as much help as others?

Like, who the fuck is in charge of measuring and applying metrics here? This gross oversimplification only just barely works (not fucking really, it's kind of retarded) because it's brain dead obvious which one needs what.

What if there are only 2 boxes?
What if there are still 3 boxes but they're small enough that not even all 3 of them is enough for the shortest guy to see over the fence?
Whos responsibility is it to go hunt down more boxes? The dude who can see over the fence? Is he not allowed to watch just because the shortfags can't see? Do we just give the boxes to the second shortest guy so he can see and tell the shortest to fuck off?

This is a bullshit system because everyone thinks they're the shortest guy or they know exactly who the shortest guy is and that any argument to the contrary is just not wanting to help the shortest guy.

Tl;dr it's dumb.
>>
>>707826830
this is why we dont let philosophers have real jobs
>>
>>707826585
We still have unmedicated diseases and allergies, social constructs that are unforgiving to certain psychological states/afflictions, and, as you mentioned, globally scaled events that could effect large portions of the population - sudden out real of unknown contagion, or some event effecting the atmosphere or orientation of the earth resulting in an environment survivable by a fraction of the populace.
>>
>>707825073
I think we should euthanize that midget.
>>
>>707826068
>because the richest are having more offspring, not the poor! Right?

Not the same guy, but who said the poor were the strongest? Most people who inheret wealth never go on to do anything of value. Best they do die off.

The strong work for what they get, and are happy to do so. The weak have come to expect the strong to assist them. The sooner we kick non-contributors to the curb and stop trying to help career charity cases, the better off we'll be.
>>
>>707825073
The problem here is that the little guy can help being short. If you apply this to all facets of life you end up treating people unfairly. Imagine if their heights represented the amount they each contributed to society. The middle guy is an average worker keeps himself to himself and supports his family. The tall guy is business owner, not talking the CEO of some bank, but a family business. He employs the middle guy, probably gives generously to charity, his kids will get good educations and become doctors and scientists and shit and they too will make something of themselves. The short guy is on welfare, is lazy, (not saying all those on welfare are, sometimes you hit hard times) but this guy consistently neglects to find a job, has kids but doesn't see them or support them and is a general drain on the society he lives in, idk throw in some petty crime too. The Business owner deserves to be where he is, he worked for it. The middle mans existence relies on the existence of the jobs the business owner creates and repays the business owner with hard work. The Short guy is useless and contributes nothing. so supporting them all to the point where they become equal is ridiculous. I'm not saying fuck poor people, if someone is genuinely disenfranchised by factors out of their control then sure help them get back on to their feet. But there shouldn't be equity of outcome because that means that you have removed all reward for good competition.
>>
>>707827156
You're on the right track here.

The pic I chose for the thread is a gross dilution of the issue, yes, but I needed a simple, if unrealistic, starting point for the thread.

You make very good points about the issue as a whole though, thank you.
>>
>>707827341
Simplification, not dilution.
My bad.
>>
>>707826182
I think this is a good interpretation in favor of "Justice". I think equality would be palatable if interpreted as such: Three differing incomes, game is something that is a luxury/luxuries but by no means necessary for survival or even a decent life. Fence is that income level where those luxuries become readily available. Boxes are kind of a toss up because I don't want to say basic living income that ensures that everyone has an ensured standard of living. Maybe just representative of equal opportunity/rights? Bleh
>>
>>707826842
i think you interpreted right, but i'm not targeting an absolute equity where everyone would have the same access to wealth.

I'm just saying that some form of equity on some important point is good for everyone ( including the people giving the money).

We can debate what are these important point and how far equity should go.

But for example, it's obvious when it comes to education ; we need a workforce with a certain level of qualification to have a thriving economy.

If you invest as much money in education for everyone, you'll invest too much on people like you and me ( who have been reading books by themselves and are able to learn by themselves a lot, or through their family) and this money is going to be wasted. And you will not spend enough ressource on educating people from shitty background, so they don't reach a level of qualification that make them employable, hence wasting all the money you've invested in their education
>>
>>707825073
You're picture is an assumption of what equality and justice is.
Its assumptions are oversimplifications, and therefore false.

Now to my opinion to your questions:

>Is it logically and morally sound to give the less fortunate more attention and advantages simply because they are less fortunate?
Only IF the resources are reasonably available...
You know what? Actually discredit my answers to this and the following questions. I'm currently procrastinating from studying Adam Smith... The damn books is in old English. It's so painful to read.

>In other words: Is equality (left) or equity (right) a better system?
Adam Smith is better than me.

>Furthermore, is one of them inherently better than the other?
Adam Smith is cool.
>>
>>707825556
strong and fit nowadays doesn't mean to know how to survive in a jungle. these aren't skills needed to be effective and successful in the western world.
you need a good body, sure, but more like a tool, to be attractive for the opposite sex. what is important is your mind and your knowledge. this is what it's about today.
the jobs where the money is doesn't require lifting, but knowhow.
>>
>>707827706
Read:>>707827341

I posted a grand simplification of the issue to have an easy and accessible starting point for discussion.

Obviously the actual issue is more nuanced and deeper than the staton picture.

Welcome to the conversation, good luck with your old English.
>>
>>707827641
>If you invest as much money in education for everyone, you'll invest too much on people like you and me ( who have been reading books by themselves and are able to learn by themselves a lot, or through their family) and this money is going to be wasted. And you will not spend enough ressource on educating people from shitty background, so they don't reach a level of qualification that make them employable, hence wasting all the money you've invested in their education

And that's why the first image is a good metaphore : if you give a crate to the tall guy you are wasting a crate because he's already achieving the goal you set when you decide to give crates to people.

Giving one crate to the small guy is as much as a waste of ressource because he won't achieve the goal you've set, so the crate is useless.

In the first pic, you have 3 useless crates that you have given to people out of your crate stock for nothing.

The second pic represent not a more just system, but a more efficient system where there is no waste of crates
>>
>>707825073
the best sytem is a system of equality, where everyone is given the same chance. additively there should be a baseline for people so they don't starve or have to turn to crime to survive. law should be enforced strongly, but not instantly drawing guns like amerofags do.

also in the system people should have a mindset that they're part of this society, and that they should help it, not bring it down.

or alternatively, decrease human population by 90% and just go back to olden days hunting gathering.
>>
>>707828319
>where everyone is given the same chance

to give the same chance to different people, some could argue that you have to give more to some.
>>
>>707828542
no. just stop with most profit oriented institutions which should be public service. I.E. hospitals, public transport, schools etc
>>
There are three kinds of people, the government, the wealthy, and da poor. Now should we give da poor da money is a good question, but you can't do it by percentage, because tell just quite there jobs to make the same amount of money. But if you give them a fixed income, or granted income for all, it has worked out before. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, fixed income or GTFO.
>>
>>707828319
Police act more hostile in poorer areas.
So if yer in say binghamton, tell beat the shit out of ya, but in albany or Niskayuna they just ask you nicely.
>>
>>707828958
I don't know any of these places. but if people just behave like they should, technically there is no fucking need for police. and if they have to shoot 1 or a thousand useless people of society, let them.
>>
>>707829093
I didn't say shoot, I said beat the shit out of ya for speeding, Upstate NY isn't that bad, yet.
>>
>>707829178
I thought honestly only the city of new york was aids. thought the countryside was whiter
>>
>>707829339
We is, red necks is the original minority. I have only met 5 basketball plays in my life.
>>
>>707829339
Also to become a policeman all you have to do is pass the civil service exam.
>>
>>707829483
my country has huge people, but basketball isn't big here either. really a nignog sport
>>
>>707825073
The right could be a picture of equality, since its equal opportunity to watch for all of them unlike the left.
>>
>>707825073
>Is it logically and morally sound
No.
It could be logically sound, or it
could be morally sound (more likely)
but being both is as unlikely as
a killer-asteroid strike.
>>
>>707825073
Justice is them paying for a ticket to see the game, just like everyone inside the fence. Equality would be them all having a chance to buy that ticket. But we know from real life that tickets sell out and some people don't even have money for the ticket. Equality doesn't exist. Any push for equality creates more inequality than it ever destroys.
>>
>>707826479
You're pretty fucking retarded yourself.
>>
File: Talking.png (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Talking.png
15 KB, 500x500
>>
It's logical. Helping out people on the bottom helps everyone.
>More people paying taxes
>Fewer kids growing up in poverty who will become criminals
>Fewer criminals draining resources
>High property values
>More tax revenue because higher property value
>Better schools because more Tax revenue
>more better consumers boost economy
This is why liberal states are the best and conservative states are practically third world countries.
>>
File: 1474878319732.jpg (55 KB, 800x797) Image search: [Google]
1474878319732.jpg
55 KB, 800x797
>>707830701
Okay listen to me you little dipshit. Just shut the fuck up okay if you have something to tell me you'd better do it now or else you will ever be able to speak again *draws his katana, black flames rise on the blade* Understood? *eyes turn red* That's what I thought... *disappears, it as a hologram*
>>
>>707826494
AHAHAHHAHAHAA
>>
File: Equity-vs-equality.jpg (73 KB, 598x582) Image search: [Google]
Equity-vs-equality.jpg
73 KB, 598x582
>>707825280
>>
>>707827156
Totally agree
>>
File: chairs.jpg (205 KB, 692x615) Image search: [Google]
chairs.jpg
205 KB, 692x615
>>
>>707825073
how's that justice? justice is giving someone something he is not obliged to have? lol, that explains so much about 'murica
>>
>>707831145
Except we're all humans who have the same capacity for learning. And if we don't we go to special ed.
>>
>>707831405
=====the point===>
Your head
>>
>>707825073
The tall guy is genetically superior and therefore deserves his view more than the short ones
>>
>>707825073
"Justice" is the word every totalitarian cunt ever has used to excuse their horrible, selfish ideology.
>>
>>707831549
>genetically superior
Well you're wrong there. He's genetically inferior and doomed to a much shorter lifespan due the extra strain on his heart, and this is why he deserves his view more than the short ones.
>>
>>707831603
>t. king of the manlets
>>
File: shit_jackson_get_it_together.jpg (21 KB, 512x455) Image search: [Google]
shit_jackson_get_it_together.jpg
21 KB, 512x455
>>707825073
I'm assuming these people are next to the fence in the outfield, which is usually much taller than a very tall man can see over, so realistically they'd all just be staring at a fucking wall.
>>
>>707831603
Your extra half a year of life won't change the fact that you are still a Manlet. My point was that the tall guy is best suited for life because he can see over the fence, meanwhile the Manlet (you) can't see over the fence and is a genetic failure who should not reproduce. Life isn't fair if you haven't realised yet
>>
>>707827291
not the strong, the "fittest"
And fittest by Darwins definition means those who will generate the most offspring and survive.

This is something many people get wrong: It's not about strength and weakness, it's about the ability to adapt and survive long enough to procreate.
Someone who is strong and intelligent might as well be seen as not fit to survive, given the circumstances. In todays world, as the other anon has said, it's more about the number of offsprings because natural selection was pretty much outdone by technology
>>
>>707826373
What does that even mean? You capitalist ameritards are so self absorbed and egotistic that can't even comprehend the meaning of words like morality or compassion. You live in a SOCIETY, that means you should think more of others, but you only think of yourselves and who can't cope is weak and should go fuck themselves. You do know thats Hitler rhetorics?
>>
>>707831670
>>707831904
Why are tall people so insecure?
>>
>>707830701
How about you say it to my face, you fucking coward.
>>
>>707832462
Why are short people so secure? Checkmate atheist.
>>
fuck you baseball is stupid
>>
File: a-world-without-oicyw2.jpg (56 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
a-world-without-oicyw2.jpg
56 KB, 800x598
>>707825073
>>
>>707832385
He just said that it's morally correct and logical to help those who need it, but no one should be forced to do so. Where in there is he wrong?

It's like saying that people should, by law, get a piece of my paycheck while I do all the work. That makes no sense. I can choose to give people something, as opposed to being forced to.

We have taxes for things like that, and they take out huge chunks of whatever we make already. Why should one be forced to be overtly charitable?
>>
This isn't justice, if they had all bought their tickets like they should have they would not be having this problem, because they would get a seat just like everyone else.
>>
>>707825073
Fuck equity.
>>
>>707833362
But that terrorist isn't bombing them?
>>
>>707825073
no thoughtful opinions given, just irrational arguments
>>
>>707825372
Because everyone could pay for tickets and sit the fuck down like people. And guess what all the seats are the same.

Besides, it's good capitalism. You want fat people watching? You make big seats. You want disabled people watching? Make it accessible.

Do you see where I'm aiming at? You simply help people to live normal lives in order to make them into productive members of society so they can contribute like everyone else.

Fuck justice.
>>
>>707825073
The problem with this picture it that it is racist, as it implies that the difference in society is something you're born with and it's immutable.
It implies that black people are unable to get money and grow up.
>>
>>707830449
Says the retarded nigger
>>
>>707825073
both are wrong

people should conquer stuff for themselves, instead of relying on a babysitter government
>>
Manlets, when will they learn?
>>
I don't if it's moral but it is logically sound. Given equal opportunity to everyone, the advantaged ARE going to have it better.
>>
>>707834975
>People should..
Your policy doesn't work in the real world.
>>
>>707830701
Before you talk about me you should know my story you fucking cunt
>>
>>707835764
The only part of your story I'm interested in is your mother.
>>
They all are given equity. They each get the same box. Justice usually is defined in terms of being equitable and offering people the same treatment.
>>
>>707825073
>What do you think about this, /b/?
I think you got it the other way around.

>>707825422
>the weak should fear the strong
Take it down a notch, edgelord. I can hear Sam Hyde creaming his pants.
>>
>>707825073
Left is equality of opportunity
Right is equality of outcome not justice
>>
>>707832462
6'1" isn't even tall, if anything short people are the insecure ones
>>
>>707825073
Justice is the wrong word to use.
It's just ethical, which is beautiful, but it is ethical, not just
>>
>>707836327
This
>>
>>707825073
Yes it is, cuz the disadvantaged ones will accumulate, come together and fuck with the lives of those who don't care. Its like frankenstein tbh. If people "create" disadvantaged people then its their responsibility to care about them. This is how the world works, and why societies always fall. Becuase there are always so many people not seeing this simple vicious cycle that repeats itself in history again and again, just becaus epeople are too greedy and selfish. Its like they force the people below to build a pyramid, just to see it falling down on their heads when it is finished. And the US society has nearly finished building the pyramid
>>
File: file.png (68 KB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
file.png
68 KB, 330x275
>be me
>implemented equality nationwide
>people hated me for it
>mfw
>>
>>707835673
If they crash and burn it's their own damn fault. If others wanna pick em up fine, but I'm not gonna have the government force me to help a stranger up.
>>
>>707837102
Great paragraph my dude
>>
>>707825073
OMG, THAT IS SO INTELIIGENT
>>
>>707837102
Spotted the anarchist
>>
>>707825422
What makes you think actively guided evolution is an imperative at all? Or that you're 'damaging' it by ensuring greater percents of the species procreate? You'd need proof that characteristics you find distasteful are heritable genetic traits, and that's pretty difficult to substantiate with good peer reviewed papers from the modern era, when conclusions weren't picked first, then arrived at.
>>
>>707837361
IM not a fucking anarchist im pretty centrist with a tendency to left (tbh i dont even like to be put ina group, and i rarly talk about politics anyways. It is pretty simple once you understand humanity. It doesnt matter if you call me anarchist or not, that is the truth how society works, people won't accept a shitty life all the time, at some point, even if it is hundrets of years, those who are beeing stepped on will raise for same opportunities. It tells you alot about a society, how it treats it weakest members. That is the reason why the social wellfare countries here in Europe, have a lot higher satisfaction and happiness than in the us. (at least those who realise the concept). You cant just kill the weak, or the scapegoats That never worked, and will never work.
>>
>>707837589
Cooperatism,neoliberalism and shit are fantasies of fucked up psychopaths trying to convince people of a system that secretly lkills off people and makes them suffer. Capitalism is needed of course for exchange, but there has to be a healthy balance between development and wellfare, because even the weakest people can give birth to a mozart or einstein some day.
>>
Suppose that instead of a fence it was a curtain hanging 4 feet from the ground. Then the tall guy would hace to watch on all fours, while the little would hace the choice of watxhing the game, or licking the tall guy's ass.
>>
File: 1476394008685.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1476394008685.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>707825073
Equality and justice dont matter when you are not fucking paying to watch the game like the rest of us! Fucking dick heads think they can pull one over on us and cheat the system getting their game for free and then they want to make a statement about the system??? Fuck them.
>>
>>707826494
'MURICA
>>
>>707837739
I actually met someone who offered me money and tryed to manipulate me with NLP into Neoliberalism, he bought me youtube equipment and shit, in the end i was able to fight his manipulation and he suddenly disappeared.
>>
>>707826589
Oh goody . "nigger" talk. Blacks have only had something approaching functional equality for about 30 years. There were still cases in the 70s and 80s enforcing the civil rights legislation passed ten to twenty years earlier. So you're looking at one and a half generations raised in something roughly equal to whites, and now we're seeing black college attendance rising, black high school graduation rising. In another 50 years, it'll be pretty close to parity. That's the actual justice. They finally have something close to full equality of opportunity, but you have to remember they're starting from a place of far less. Housing, in particular, is so completely fucked for blacks, because of the US Gov't. When GIs came back from WW2 and Korea, whites were given tons of housing aid through various federal gov't programs, and blacks were denied and pushed back into tenements and housing projects, which engendered a lot of the cultural problems we still see in the black community. Lack of agency and ownership led to the apathy about their communities, among other problems. Broken windows and more also fall into that. Your bigoted attitude is going to be entirely without legs to stand on in another twenty years, you're on your way out the door, man.
>>
>>707826625
This.
>>
>>707838022
dubs speaks truth, i totally agree with this
>>
>>707826625
I can get behind this. Make it so the ones with actual ambition cause rise up.
>>
>>707838022
/thread glad to see someone actually has common sense and isnt just "hurr durr" fck niggers
>>
>>707837589
/reddit/
>>
>>707826830
That's not right, it's not even wrong.

Equality doesn't mean what you think it does, and you artificially limited the entire scope to a crime. There's not even a way to correct your scenario, it's so badly constructed.
>>
>>707826721
>hurr durr equally doesnt mean equal distribution of goods
Yeah, because the human being itself is so wealthy and powerful on it's own. If you dont have shit you aint shit /b/ro.
>>
>>707837211
People who crash and burn don't just hurt themselves. They raise crime, lower property value, eat up resources and drag down the economy.
>>
File: images (47).jpg (34 KB, 326x451) Image search: [Google]
images (47).jpg
34 KB, 326x451
Lets dissect that picture first

Equality should be defined in terms of relevant factors. In this picture the relevant factor isnt how many boxes each person has, its how much of the game they can see. The boxes are largely irrelevant. They're equal in number of boxes but not in how much of the game they can see. Presumably they want to see the game not stand on x amount of boxes. In this way the picture gives an unfair representation of egalitarianism (equality).

The morally relevant factor in helping the underprivileged isnt how much thought or time or even resources goes to them compared to the better off, its overall welfare. The goal is to reduce disparity in welfare. Your thoughts about equity (right) achieve this but so does equality when based on the relevant factor (welfare) instead of an arbitrary secondary characteristic such as material or resources.
>>
>>707838022
Libtard detected
Blacks just don't have the IQ to succeed.
>>
>>707825073
According to feminists the picture on the right is equality. (only if the small child was a female.) and the picture on the left is rape.
>>
>>707838022
ww2 was 70 years ago. stop living in the past and blame everything on the white man and the goverment. blacks and browns all around the world are statistically more shitty than whites and yellows.
>>
>>707833754
>normal lives
Well there is your problem right there.
You failed to define what that is and who gets to decide whether a person is living one or not.

That is why OP's image works. It isn't about ball games or buying tickets, or who provides the boxes. It is about equality and justice INDEPENDENT of circumstance.
>>
>>707827127
Except your own chart shows one of the problems with using crime statistics - liquor laws and native tribes.

Those laws get enforced in totally biased ways .Jethro drunk behind his pickup gets drunk-tanked off the record and sent home in the morning, Thomas walking dove gets arrested and fined and sent back to the rez. The Dakotas are full of this bullshit.

Crime stats only 'prove' as much as they can about the arrests actually made, and bias in enforcement's very well known. Cops target minorities for ticket stacking in traffic offenses, etc.
>>
>>707838333
And what happens when those people don't change while you're keeping them afloat. What if they're scumbags who won't get jobs and only get into trouble with the money they have? When do you cut them off?
>>
>>707827292
"The little guy can help being short" Literally making up shit.

You change from actually immutable characteristics to entirely mutable ones...

Moron.
>>
>>707831439
>Except we're all humans who have the same capacity for learning.

youre an idiot
>>
>>707838476
What about rape and murder? Americans are so fucking retarded, brainwashed by all the racism propaganda.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (246 KB, 327x433) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
246 KB, 327x433
>>707825073
>>707825073
>>707825073
>>707825073
>>707825073
We just need to fucking do this.
>>
>>707838364
You and that picture are both cunts........................you got a point though.
>>
>>707838596
explain
>>
>>707825402
underrated post
>>
>>707831145
I love how someone felt the need to put that sentence below the picture as if the message wasn't completely obvious by the picture alone.
Or maybe people are just that stupid.
>>
>>707825280
If this pic were real, the fence would still be too high on the right and no one would be able to see.
>>
>>707838476
Everyone makes this assertion, but I've never seen any kind of evidence to support it. Do you have any proof that laws are disproportionately enforced against minorities? From my perspective it's just a convenient explanation. But I'm willing read and learn more if it's true.
>>
>>707838715
probably because the quote inspired the picture. still a stupid statement tough.
>>
>>707838658
even boys learn different than girls.
some people are learning by reading, other by hearing and some people are learning by doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-IDp_egsQ
>>
>>707838394
If that were true, and it's not, it'd still be easily attributed to the selective breeding by white slaveowners, meaning we'd have even more moral imperative to clean up our own mess.
>>
>>707838433
And Korea was 60, and Civil Rights was 50, and the cases were still going into the 80s, and the cultural entrenchment of NOT giving blacks equal housing opportunity went right through the Keating Five and S&L Crisis. I'm sorry you don't know how pervasive anti-black public policy was in America for 200 years, but it's not surprising - we whites don't much like facing our own moral failings as regards this nation we love so much, because it gave us so much. (at the expense of so many others.)
>>
>>707838651
Thanks nigga
>>
>>707825422
Darwin theory applies to animals that do not posses any kind of ethical development.

Humans should be different but often still leave retarded babies in the woods to die.

The answer, as always, is somewhere in between.

The graphic is stupid.
>>
>>707838872
>it'd still be easily attributed to the selective breeding by white slaveowners
Ah yes, because the timespan of slave ownership is evolutionary significant, but millions of years living in Africa is not.
>>
>>707825422
>Social darwinism
>in 2016
>>
>>707838629
You see anyone get arrested for JonBenet yet? It was the brother, CBS just did a huge article about this, everyone thinks the parents protected the brother so they could keep one child.

Selective enforcement, right there.

You see anyone arrested for the banking collapses ten years ago? No? I saw lots and lots of people arrested at the OWS protests, and far more minorities got prosecuted. That was a big thing in the NYT about seven years ago, but I can't find it now.
>>
>>707827291
You didn't even get what he was saying.
Or you have a gross misunderstanding of what evolution actually means.
>>
Three criminals attempting to view a game without paying for a ticket. Typical liberal justice.
>>
If there are any niggers reading this. You are in controll of your own life. Stop making excuses and stop hanging out with your loser friends that just drag you down.

Get a shit job to fund a mediocre education, achieve a marketable skill and set a better future for your family. You probably wont end up being rich, but the same can be said about white people.

Make your ancestors proud, they fought hard for you to have the equallity that you have today, dont throw it away.
>>
that's not what the word justice means
>>
>>707839101
Much smaller population, accelerated breeding timeline, esp. after 1806 when they couldn't bring in any more slaves and had to work with a more limited stock. Compliance was actively bred in, and the rebellions took care of the smartest and most capable.
>>
>>707838567
The fact is, most people who need a little help aren't just lazy scum bags. Social safety nets pay for themselves and provide benefits that reach far beyond the recipients. A kid raised in a better environment is more likely to grow up to be a contributing member of society and not a criminal. Promoting upward mobility pays dividends.
That's partly why conservative states are practicaly third world countries.

The problem with conservatives is you guys get too caught up on what's fair and not what works. I don't give a shit how fair it is for poor people to get free shit if it makes my community better.
>>
NO one points out that only the tall guy loses a box, and he STILL can see the game, he never needed a box.

Instead, they assume the three white guys in the cartoon are actually black, and it all goes to racism. Which is fun to talk about, but...

The short guy gets ONE box... people in this thread screaming about the middle guy's rights, ignoring that it's literally about taxing the wealthy, and it's still more equity and equality to take from those who literally don't need it, to give to those who do.

Diminishing utility of the dollar, folks.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (212 KB, 1600x1603) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
212 KB, 1600x1603
>>707825073
>absolutes in moral discussions.

nothing is ever inherently better than anything else. Murdering someone is usually bad. Murdering a giant douche on the other hand may be a good idea in the long run.
>>
>>707839411
Dubs are truth. (From the guy who got the great dubs above)
>>
>>707839270
No.
>>
>>707839861
History is hard to deny, but you're doing a good job with that clever response.
>>
>>707825073
If the accommodation isn't too demanding, it's reasonable. Assistance though, not hand-outs. You don't want to teach people,to be dependents.
>>
>>707825073
In reality, everyone is the short guy and there is limited number of boxes.

It's a war for domination of the boxes, with everyone calling dibs and punching each other.

At least if you have "EQUALITY", people cannot complain that someone has more than they do. And there still will be the faggot in the group that fucks everything up.
>>
Hey faggots

1: These kids didnt pay. So fuck them. They dont deserve shit

And

2: They didnt pay so fuck off

How entitled is this generation. Makes me feel bad for being in the modern generation. Seeing kids cry for socialism and "gimme gimme i dont wanna walk wahhhh"

Someone said it greatly

We went from "Thats a nice house, I wanna work hard and get that house" to "Thats a nice house, fuck you give me it because youre white and im brown"
>>
>>707826494
This is America.
>>
>>707825422
So if I club you neckbread ass you'll be okay with it as long as I've proven im stronger. Nerds like you need government.
>>
>>707840238
You don't do metaphor, do ya, Drax?
>>
People don't think it be like it is, but it do.
>>
>>707838022
What about the Arabs, Asians, Eastern Europeans and, surprisingly Mexicans? The "African American" has had every advantage and still failed to pull themselves out of the hole they have dug.
When we have habitual white criminals we call them white trash and they are scorned by everyone due to their massive levels of ignorance and poverty. but the niggers are given a pass for all of this due to some imagined inequality stacked against them.
Black shave done more damage to themselves over the past 50 years, when their colored counterparts have flourished due to hard work, honesty and genuine love to be in a country that allows them to blossom.
>>
>>707840308

But the metaphor is dumb. Its poor "kids" getting a free pass while others payed

You know why things cost money nigger? Because things take time and resources to make. Take the gay pic OP posted

The players work hard everyday. Travel. Nearly break thier bodies to entertain people.

The field needs to be cut, marked, cleaned almost everyday

The seats need to be cleaned

The bathrooms. The halls. The food and more

That's why you pay for shit. Because someone is either giving you something or did something before

Imagine you had to pay 10 bucks for a haircut. But some poor nigger whose able bodied but lazy sits down and just gets a haircut.

You could say "Well hes homeless. Give him a break". But hes able bodied and lazy. Not cripled and retarded. These kids are not retarded nor too old. They could have worked. Cut some grass. Sell lemondade. Become drug dealers. Hell at least then they would be doing fucking work.
>>
File: 1452330723469.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452330723469.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>707825073
If you have to ask whether helping those less fortunate than you is a moral imperitive, just kill yourself now. You have nothing to offer humanity.

Your retarded pseudo-Darwinist bullshit doesn't apply to individuals at this stage of our special development. We are a social species. Everyone's development and survival is dependent on everyone else. You're an especially dense moron if you think, at any stage of present human development, you've been going it alone in this society.

Seriously, sterilize yourself. Your not necessary to humanity in any way, selfish shitstain.
>>
>>707838364
This tbh. And isn't equality real justice?
>>
>>707841022
gj answering a question nobody asked m8
>>
>>707826373
This, government compulsion is wrong other then to allow a fair playing field not to ensure equality of outcome.
>>
>>707841078
>what is subtext
>>
>>707841078
If you're familiar at all with the projections of labor demand in the future, human labor is slowly going the way of the of dodo. Efficiency and technological replacement reduce the value of the remaining jobs. Constant immigration from 3rd world countries like anything South of the Rio Grande further reduces the value of labor to the point that the US needs to either consider a complete low-tier social system or a basic minimum income.

Of course, once that's created, every useless 3rd world shitstain will immigrate here and start pumping out litters of 8 baby shitstains.

We're doomed either way, but at least we won't be the ones turning this country into a bad Dickens novel while making 100 white guys filthy rich.
>>
if you can work, and you don't.. fuck you.

welfare shouldn't exist.. only disability, and only if proven by a doctor.
>>
>>707842226
Agreed, but full-time work isn't paying the basics for many and full-time isn't available for many, as well.
>>
>>707838579

any reasonable person would have come to the conclusion that that was a typo moron. otherwise my whole argument makes no sense
>>
File: 1476225638740.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1476225638740.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>707832385
Hitler rhetorics?
Please tell me more about your 6th grade understanding of Hitler.
>>
>>707842471
i had to cut corners when i was younger, when i was too poor to afford a place of my own, pay utilities, or even dream of college.

working two jobs, living with others, eating very little and going without luxuries. this is what one needs to do.

it isn't my responsibility to make sure jerome has his nikes, or tina has her education. it's theirs.
>>
>>707825073
If you satisfy the left, then the right will occur out of goodness and kindness. Forcing the right is like subsidizing kindness. It only makes the tall kid resentful of the short kid, in turn breaking down the relationship among the classes.
In other words: The tall kid should feel fulfilled enough, that he doesn't mind giving up his box to the small kid. But by taking the tall kid's box away, you cultivate resentment in him, and entitlement in the short kid.
>>
File: shaggy_3.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
shaggy_3.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>707843061
>>
>>707825073
What is just about stealing someone else's box.
>>
>>707843193
No matter how hard you worked in the beginning, you didn't do it all by yourself. Sorry if you believe that. I agree, those living in a social minimum or basic minimum income deserve no luxuries, but we should develop to a stage where the struggle for the basics (food, clothing, shelter, power, education, health care) is a huge waste of time.
>>
>>707825073
no one is owed anything just because they exist. if you want better things/situations in life, work for it and earn it or stop complaining
>>
>>707843681
meant to type isn't where that is is.
>>
>>707825073
So the tall guy giving his box to the little guy represents a person who is more "advantaged" helping others who are not so "advantaged." Idk about you guys but I personally wouldn't mind being the tall guy giving my box to help the little guy. With that being said, I don't think the term "equality" is used appropriately here, because what I see being represented here is an act of selflessness and kindness instead of equality. I still believe we, as pepole, have a caring heart for others and especially those who are at not advantaged. I'm gonna do my part to spread love and kindness in this what it seems to be a hate-filled world, because I know we are better than how we are portrayed. Just my two cents.
>>
>>707843686
Agreed, but the basic necessitiess shouldn't keep us from pursuing education to better our value to the economy, or just humanity in general.
>>
>>707843681
that stage removes an essential part of development for every human. struggling, working hard, earning what you have.. these things build character, and provide the experience necessary to be able to empathize with those very people you claim to care about.

your path will lead to a society that doesn't give a shit about those in need.

i did do it all by myself. you can go all obama/edwards on me and talk about roads, tools, etc all you want.. i don't give a shit about your liberal moronics.

everyone has access to the same tools, roads, etc that I had and have. no-one is holding them down, but themselves.. and liberal cucks who fear-monger them into believing their every mistake isn't their fault, but the fault of some unknown, unseen, unverifiable evil that oppresses them.

> who can succeed in an environment like that?

liberalism is cancer.
>>
>>707825073
The picture makes zero sense.
>>
File: 1452914606770.jpg (48 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1452914606770.jpg
48 KB, 400x462
>>707825073
As with any sjw shit, this is assumes that people are unsuccessful not because they need to work harder, but because of some special snowflake "disability"

This mentality hobbles both the "victim" and - in the name of "justice" - the "privileged"

Case in point:
>grow up with ADD
>bad grades
>can't focus on anything
> drugged up on dexedrine then adderall
> decide at 17 enough is enough
> finish hs
> start working
> stop drugs
> work every day to will myself to focus

> be now
> working on engineering degree
> perfect focus, retain everything
> good grades
> meet guy in class
> failing out of class
> moving constantly
> tries to talk to me constantly during lecture
> tell him to focus
>"can't help it, muh ADD"

>mfw
>>
>>707844634
This, lefties are completely against the concept of self discipline.

They want everything free of charge and conveniently easy. That's why modern lefties will not amount to anything and are doomed to die out of academia and all other major fields.

Eventually the 'gen Y' equivalent to 'the boomers' will be the lazy as fuck lefties suckling on the teat of the US government while the far-right builds itself up in powerful institution in preparation for remaking the culture of our nations in our own image.

We just need to pray that we can do enough now to ensure there will be nations of our own to rebuild.
>>
>>707844634
nice

i have ADD too

i have the problem that i can only focus on things which are interesting to me, but then im in "hyperfocus" mode and i forget everything around me and my memory on these interesting things is more than good.

how did you manage to focus on anything?
>>
>>707826830
Equality is I get my money back when some one tries to mug me.

Justice is when I bang his head against the concrete until it stops being funny.
>>
>>707844945
He didn't really have ADD. He was just a fuck up who quit fucking up.
>>
>>707831439
>same capacity for learning
>forgetting that niggers barely qualify as human.

They can't learn like the rest of us, and should therefore have their own dedicated resources, like a zoo, and be permanently forbidden from voting.
>>
>>707844945
Not that guy but
>smoke weed errday
>somehow do much better at work
>sleep better
>>
>>707845341
>>smoke weed errday

nah i used to do it as a teenager.
it fucked up my memory and shit. when i stopped it 9 years ago it was like a boost to my brain
>>
>>707825073
Everyone deserves equal chances, no one deserves infinite chances

If all chances are equal for everyone that means that if you fuck up its on you and not on the system, government, white people, Mexicans, patriarchy etc
>>
>>707838022
Mexicans have only had functional equality for about 30 years and they're doing fine.

Within 10 years of moving to this country after WWII homeless jews became millionaires en masse.

No, there's something uniquely subhuman about niggers (subsaharan, capoids can do ok) and if we don't account for that, we'll never have peace with them.
>>
>>707844945
hard to say, exactly what the trick was

Every time there was a boring lecture, etc., and I would start to drift, I would catch myself and just force the focus just push and push, every word

Eventually it gets easier and easier as my will grows, it was extremely difficult

Also helps to take notes during class, especially writing things that you think you already know or find tedious... This would always get me the worst, when I would shut down because I already knew something, I would never boot back up

I never go home to study, I stay at the university. I stay longer than I feel I need to or want to and set time milestones.. I study 5 hours a day, no exceptions
>>
>>707844048
You wouldn't sound like such an idiot if you'd been able to apply yourself towards an education in your formative years. So, now you have some embarrassingly uninformed take on society. It's funny how you say a well-educated society will result in people not giving a shit, when you did the opposite and don't give a shit. Have you considered this sort of pontification is a little over your head?
>>
>>707845597
No one deserves anything.

Liberal faggot.
>>
>>707838864
yea you saw it on youtube, it must be true. retard
>>
>>707845308
I'll say this, he's kind of right

There is demonstrably a chemical difference, physiologically

But with will, it can be overcome... everybody has different temperaments and challenges, everything can and should be overcome
>>
We all get equal opportunity. We do not get equal results. That is life.
>>
>>707846320
We all do not get equal opportunity. Go find some other way to pollute the internet, moron.
>>
Yes we do. Just because you chose wrong doesn't mean chance didn't come. I chose wrong too. But my choice was my choice.
>>
>>707825073
That picture is neither of those things

None of those people are equal
Justice is not being done either
>>
File: hmm.jpg (69 KB, 516x550) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
69 KB, 516x550
>>707847074
>>
>>707831145
>>
>>707831346
Because their cheap hippies who don't wanna pay to watch
>>
>>707825073
Where do justice and truth ever meet in the court system? It's a shitty example, because justice is a concept. Not a philosophy. Fair is relative.
>>
The fucker has it completely backwards; equality would be where everyone is equal, so the more inept get more help. In other words, one where everybody sees from the same height.
Justice on the other hand is the meritocracy, where everyone gets the same opportunities, but some rise above others due to their innate talents, in this case, being taller. Fucking idiot
>>
You should handicap the people who have the ability to do more instead of giving support to the people who are able to do less
>>
>>707825073
that's not equality
that's comunism, which is nowhere near equality
>>
Affirmative action is a good example of how this can go wrong. It helps people who deserve it, but then it inadvertently helps idiots also. Create a loop hole and everyone jumps through it if they can.
>>
>>707825073
If true justice existed the world would be an unrecognizable place.

Think about America and England and how rich we have become. sure hard work was involved but slave trading, Oil plundering and rare mineral mining has made us incredibly rich, now imagine that JUSTICE was applied to every situation that happened, we would literally be living on a different planet.
>>
>>707838325
>Yeah, because the human being itself is so wealthy and powerful on it's own. If you dont have shit you aint shit /b/ro

If you gave everyone 100 grand with compounding interest, and told them to pay it back ASAP, some would never do it, others would do it slowly, and some would do it quickly.

Resources can't fix stupidity and laziness.
>>
>>707826071
lol u dirty kyke nigger

0/10 b8
>>
>>707849837
>Oil plundering and rare mineral mining has made us incredibly rich

if it wasn't us, it'd be whoever settled the land first provided they eventually reached that point.

Remember that Native Americans didn't build giant cities
>>
The real question here is who this should apply to. The pic refers to a disadvantage that is absolute and undeniable as well as something that cannot be changed. In this regard, I think justice is the correct answer.

However, if it is about things that are neither absolute, nor undeniable or unchangeable, then equality fuck yeah!
>>
>>707839411
Your argument is to give people free shit so they don't resort to crime.

Public acts 'can' work, but they usually don't, and giving people money to pay for their shit is a hand out and not a hand up.
>>
>>707826071
possibly if her kids don't end up dead or in jail because she didn't have the time or money to keep them out of trouble.

wasted effort on creating excessive amounts of offspring instead of nurturing a few
>>
>>707825073
no justice whould have been if cops arrested them all for effectively stealing a game of baseball by attending without a ticket
>>
>>707825073
Those are kids without parents watching baseball. Bullshit, niggers hate baseball.
>>
>>707825422
What a surprise, the 16 year old with the retarded view didn't reply to anyone
>>
>>707843939
The problem is, that there are people out there that could be standing up and looking at the fence, but are sitting down and wanting more boxes to sit on.

That creates spite and hatred and makes people hold onto their boxes.

The picture doesn't show reality
>>
justice is for those out in the field,
killing the game
>>
>>707851915
looking over the fence*
>>
>>707825073
Guy on the left had to give up his box, that he worked so hard for and to achieve for the one on the right.

Next time he wont care to earn that box and the guy on the right is back to being cucked
>>
>>707851783
I agree with him, we're hard wired to make and take care of babies.

There is nothing that can be created by humans that is more important to the survival of humanity then creating another human.
>>
>>707825422
By this logic Steven Hawking should die but he certainly is a blessing to humanity.
>>
>>707852550
>Steven Hawking
Literally hasn't done anything for humanity. Look for yourself.

Neither did Leonardo da Vinci when you look at it.
>>
>>707852367
too add to why I agree with him...

Not fucking the lazy fatass who repulses you is survival of the fittest.

You're hard wired to take the best care of your babies, create a positive environment for them through resource acquisition, and you're also hard wired to make healthy babies who will succeed in life by finding partners who you think are smart, funny, attractive, ect.

All that shit is for making babies, sex and the reasons you do it.... because it convinced your ancestors to make you and you inherited those desires.
>>
OP here

Glad to see the discussion is still going after I went to sleep

We're having a great conversation here /b/. I value your insight into this matter.
>>
>>707852744
They came up with idea's.

Leonardo da Vinci had a lot of good ideas.... not much in and of themselves, but they were the building blocks for many inventions that changed humanity such as flight.
>>
>>707825073
How it should be is that there is a stack if boxes, if a someone wants one to stand on, they go and get it themselves. It isn't about justice or equality. It's about working towards something you want. Yes there are exceptions but overall you put effort in to get something out. Our society doesn't work that way anymore. Now it's cry until someone does it for you.
>>
File: 1433478549385.jpg (60 KB, 720x903) Image search: [Google]
1433478549385.jpg
60 KB, 720x903
>>707825073 (OP)
Maybe the picture's labeling is incorrect. "Justice" could easily mean the littlest one had 2 crates, while the tallest didn't and he wasn't happy (regardless of needs), so he took it.

That could be justice.

"Equality" could mean the ability for them all to see. Simple as that.

Pic related?
>>
>>707853407
Yes. Seeing how there is no blade inside anyway.
>>
>>707853407
I feel that justice would be everyone sitting on boxes and looking through holes in the fence so they didn't have to stand up.

Further justice would be paying for tickets so that the owner can recoup his game expenses.

Even further justice beyond that would be all of them playing baseball for the fun of it instead of watching others play for money.
>>
>>707825073
>saving a thumbnail
saving a thumbnail
>saving a thumbnail
saving a thumbnail
>saving a thumbnail
saving a thumbnail
>saving a thumbnail
saving a thumbnail
>saving a thumbnail
saving a thumbnail
>saving a thumbnail
saving a thumbnail
>saving a thumbnail
>>
>>707853772
I like your first two ideas for sure. Quite creative.

People play for fun, while some people play hard to make a living while doing what they enjoy. Taking that away would force more people to do jobs they don't like for money. Would that be justice?
>>
File: 1338838125343.jpg (41 KB, 523x319) Image search: [Google]
1338838125343.jpg
41 KB, 523x319
The only equality is the equality of opportunity. Any government action that demands sacrifice for the sake of others establishes the weak as a privileged class, who can levy their 'need' as a mortgage on property.
>>
>>707825073
that pic is fucking retarded. equality means everyone can watch the game. kill yourself
>>
>>707854088
True justice is paying people for what they're worth.... aka communism

I don't support it though because I believe that someone being in charge and telling people what to do, works better for some then telling them to take care of themselves.
>>
>>707825073
Just give everyone two boxes
>>
>>707854412
>true justice
>you, as an individual, aren't allowed to live for yourself
>>
>>707854412
Someone enjoying what they do and people paying to be entertained by the people who enjoy what they do is communism?
>>
The third panel was the point of this comic. Cutting it down to two skews the message entirely
>>
This is what true justice looks like
https://youtu.be/MI1v7p1VUDo
>>
>>707825073
Equity punishes people who know how to apply themselves and make something out of their life, while rewarding people who don't do jack shit.
Existing is not a reason to get free stuff.
>>
>>707825073

fuck manlets
>>
>>707854608
if we replace the people with bar graphs showing motivation.... the short one will always have less resources.

Its better to kick the lazy one in the ass and remind him that he needs to work if he wants to see more and do more in his life.
>>
>>707854817
Thanks for exposing that bullshit anon
>>
>>707845750
>I never go home to study, I stay at the university. I stay longer than I feel I need to or want to and set time milestones.. I study 5 hours a day, no exceptions

this

ive noticed the less distraction my environment offers, the better im able to complete my tasks.

routine and structure make it easier to learn, train, and improve
>>
>>707854949
Don't you mean point a gun to his head and demand he works or else he'll be killed? And even if he does work, he doesn't get to keep anything he produces except what the party says he can have?

If someone has no motivation, they won't produce anything. Let them fail. Demanding people work for your sake is evil, and treats human beings as sacrificial animals, who only live for the sake of others.
>>
>>707854744
baseball players are a good example because they literally make millions and millions of dollars and enjoy very long careers with only moderate threat of injury.

I'm fine with it because it's capitalism, but they're not worth what they're paid.... There are people who do dangerous life threatening work out there that make FAR less. Justice would be paying people for what they're worth and not because they enjoy what they do.
>>
I know I am one of the people who would have great difficulty if there wasn't for the social support I get like free healthcare. But I think letting people like me die makes kind of sense.

I am all for helping out the less fortunate, but I think there is a limit to that. If you belong to a family that is unemployed for several generations you deserve help to get an education, not to repopulate and produce unemployed kids.

Also, evolution should continue. Now it doesn't because everyone survives and the stupider the more kids he has. We will continue to have people with diabetes, food allergie and intolerances, retarded people etc. We will one day have to stop this.

I will continue to try to have kids, but I am not sure I shouldn't be one of the people who should just die.
>>
>>707855219
>They're not worth what they're paid
Except they are, that's how their wage is determined. They're paid so much because the team owners know that the athlete is talented enough to draw large crowds and millions and millions of dollars to him. If you have someone who can bring in so much money for you, you have to pay him well, or else some other team owner will pay him more, and get his talent on his team.
>>
>>707854923
no thanks, keep that shit to yourself.
>>
>>707855403
Justice in this case, would be to charge less for games instead of price jacking tickets and food so you can make assloads of money and turning the whole sport into a cash cow.

It's true that the ad's and money thrown around are part of the sports growth too though, and I'm not saying it would be what is if things were done differently.

We're just talking about what is just, and that's communism.... which kind of sucks.....

I actually agree with your point of view on most of this, I'm just being realistic and saying that someone is being screwed no matter how you put it so it's not just.
>>
>>707855219
>>707855365

I get where both of you are coming from. Picture a world where one isn't paid based off of entertainment value, but whether how much they contribute to the world in which we live in.

In theory that would definitely work, but the problem is "contribute" is an opinion. Unless everything can be defined and everyone agrees on something, it's not possible to make that theory happen.

Therefore, we have baseball players making millions while people who save lives make far less. Is this fair? Well people who took the jobs knew what the pay was like and still did it, so is it unfair?

Because it can be seen two different ways, can it ever really be seen as fair?
>>
>>707855154
>Demanding people work for (their) sake is evil, and treats human beings as sacrificial animals, who only live for the sake of (themselves)

I fixed it for you, also I'm against giving people free shit
>>
>>707856094
I didn't make >>707855403
But I did make >>707856141 and the one's before that.
>>
>>707844928
yes Lefties are completely against self discipline, like the uneducated republican voters. There are shitheads on both sides, the difference is the Republican basic idea is that they think every person knows how to act responsibly and shd be allowed to act like it, while democrats know the truth that there are idiotic faggots like you out there that shouldnt be in place to decide for the masses. Yes Democrats want to "cut" your freedom so others can liv eit out, the question is how strong your psychopathic/apathic/sociopathic personality traits are that you don't care about others, except your own. If people like you acted like that in an untouched african or rainforest tribe, they'd probably kill you for your poisonous lifestyle. Selfish prick
>>
>>707856141
Well you pretty much summed up my thoughts on it all, and I'm fine with it being unfair.

The whole BLM and feminist shit... I disagree with it completely. You might be standing in shit, but nobody is telling you that you can't step out of it.
>>
>>707825073
There's no such thing as justice, nor equality in a non-mathematical sense. People will never be equal because they're not mathematical constructs. Justice is subjective. Equality among things that, by their very nature, will never be mathematically equal is also subjective. Your picture demonstrates how both concepts are subjective. Is the short kid equal to the tall kid because they each have one box? That's ridiculous, he's still short, that's not equality. Is the short kid getting 2 boxes (presumably taking one from the tall kid) so he can stand as high as the tall kid justice? No, he has 2 boxes and the tall kid has none. Justice and equality are just meaningless words used to manipulate people into doing what they want. "Do the right thing," really means, "Do what I say."

>is one of them inherently better than the other
Depends on how you define "inherently." If you mean in some arbitrary moral way, no, neither is better than the other. They are also both extremes and something in between is better in a utilitarian, conducive-to-stable-society way.

As for which extreme is "better" than the other, I think it's obvious that capitalism, even if "unfair," is a far, FAR better allocator of resources than communism. No doubt someone will point out that communism != socialism, but you have to design your systems with the flaws of human nature in mind. If you expect humans to change and be good worker bees just to service your ideals, you're going to be disappointed.

People get caught up too much with useless concepts. Things like equality and justice are first world problems. Even the poorest among us, the homeless, the jobless, can beg and eat their fill of the dollar menu at McDonalds. People in truly poor countries are more concerned with absolute concepts like "survival."
>>
It's always fun to browse these threads to see what kind of facist vomit you cancerfags spew out
>>
>>707825402
on point
>>
>>707826625
You are a smart guy. I like that.
>>
>>707838631
Not enough boxes. Short guy keeps having kids and now he doesnt have anymore for his grandkids
>>
>>707844634
Im with you here. I had dyslexia, and would have qualified for 25% extra time in exams and lenient marking on course work. But i never took those options and in my first year of Uni was tough, i got pulled up on spelling errors that a 10 year old would make and lost marks. I would end up not completing exams because i have a slow writing speed. By second year this had all changed, and by third year I was finishing exams before most other students and my vocabulary had expanded hugely.
>>
>>707854310
You're wrong.
Everyone being able to watch the game is equity. Kys please.
>>
>>707825073
make the fence smaller nigger. or get rid of it. that's both
>>
>>707826625
It's not a straight A->B redistribution though, because that's where you run into problems.
>>
>>707838022
Pat on the back. Good post man
>>
>>707825073
Believing in equality is just childish, no humam can ever be equal.
Look at the picture, everyone has a box (left picture), so all stand equal, it is not your problem that some kid is smaller than you, therefore, you should not be obligated to sacrifice your box so he can watch the game.
However, if YOU WANT to give him the box, it's your decision and you are free to do so, but you should not be obligated to help those in disadvantage.
>>
>>707856632
If the world was fine with it, we'd be where we are right now. Guess mission accomplished?

Race and being female isn't something one can 'step out of,' however, quitting a job is. One isn't born into a job, but one is born into their gender and race. If the world doesn't like your gender and or race, one must deal with it. That in itself is a problem as long as it's seen as a problem. Since it's seen as a problem to groups, it's a problem. Once no one sees it as an issue, it's not. That's not just for that matter, but for everything. It's one of the few things that can be defined.
>>
>>707839220
Nice
>>
>>707856747
Posted before reading. I was wrong, most of you guys aren't cancer.
>>
>>707825073
I get this op I really do and I would support it if everyone was working at the same rate. how is it fair that me (white male) has to score exponentially higher on the MCAT and have 3.6+ GPA, when a minority can score below the 50 percentile and have barely a 3.0 GPA, all the meanwhile getting accepted into TOP tier schools? It favors the weak in certain cases
>>
>>707857349
******solely based on skin color or "heritage"
>>
>>707857244
First world problems.... seeing a bump and calling it a mountain while other countries are asking wtf is wrong with you.
>>
>>707856632
>>707857244

So basically if everyone thinks like you the world would be fine lmao, thats not how this works, thats not how any of this works
Its not the thing that is the problem, its the human and how he deals with the thing. And the truth is many humans are disturbed and shit, and in order to integrate muslim society into westenr society we have to social engineer few womens into extreme femenist so they fight for the rights of woman. its a balance of power between extreme sexist Muslims and Men generally and Extreme feminist womans. It is planned i can tell you.
>>
>>707849497
literally. It's a ludicrous system that someone should get into a college that is more or less a moron, or just doesn't work hard AT ALL, taking the spot of someone who actually has decent grades. bothers me so much
>>
>>707842471
Stop wanting shit you cant afford like kids
>>
>>707845847
I like you
>>
>>707857936
I think you somehow missed the entire point of the post. Why don't you re-read it, re-read it again, and once you've done that, ask someone to explain it to you. Maybe you'll delete your post after. If not, keep trying and hang in there.
>>
>>707825073
This pic is just fucked up fam, there should always be equality, and THAT SHIT AINT JUSTICE, THAT IS THE REAL OPRESSION, COLD BLOOD AGRESSION. There shall be justice always first than pitty. Why should the productive pay for the worst? Are the geniuses slaves of the unproductive men? Who is john galt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_D0wkLyCXE
>>
>>707857936
i don't think it's planned at all.

i just think human beings just do things. conditions are already set. the future is happening one way or the othher. we just do. genetically, biologically, in response to the system changing, in anticipation of future events.

like all the other animals.

and then, unique to humans, we look for explanations of why we do things. we force a haphazard system of beliefs onto our own pre-set conditional responses.
>>
>>707858944
a certain % of people are weak prey and a certain % of people are predatory. that has always been the case. the difference now is that the intenet is forcing us into an even more narrow view of our haphazard forced belief systems.it isn't fitting for everyone any more. it's too narrow.
>>
>>707859151
it is fitting for those who created it, the western world.
>>
>>707825073
i don't care
>>
>>707859191
as men became weaker, due to intelligence dominating over strenght, women had to, naturally, become more dominant. it's natural.

then we forced an explanation of feminism on top of it.
>>
>>707859304
as we removed the biological need to protect children taking up all our time, in the form of birth control (not unique to humans by the way) female humans suddenly had a lot more free time and energy.
>>
File: this is islamism.jpg (100 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
this is islamism.jpg
100 KB, 800x400
>>707825073
>>
>>707825141
It's an abstract quality but it's possible to achieve in some instances
>>
>>707858944
Dude believe me, i met a sociologist, social engineering is a thing. Just find someone with some certain personality traits + beeing easily influenced + some money and you can get people to go in the direction you want them to go. I took antidepressants, and a NLP programmer actually tryed me to implant some neoliberal stuff in me and bought me youtube equipment and stuff, i stopped antidepressants early enough and was able to withstand the programming, the good part about it he also helped me quit smoking. But yea it is fucking easy to programm people into things. If i would have taken Antidepressants I'd have ended up as some narcisstic stupid little youtube letsplayer, or some Extreme leftist protestant. I managed to stay at the center.
Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 29

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.