Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

How do we fix the debt? Will we ever fix it? Is it possible?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: debt_ceiling.jpg (221 KB, 1260x855) Image search: [Google]
debt_ceiling.jpg
221 KB, 1260x855
How do we fix the debt?
Will we ever fix it?
Is it possible?
>>
kill all the jew filth
>>
>>707527075
Audit the federal reserve
>>
VOTE TRUMP
O
T
E

T
R
U
M
P
>>
>>707527075

> How do we stop trading depreciating interest on Ameribucks for goods and materials?
> The dollar is bolstered as reserve currency everywhere because our government creates debt for other countries to buy via bonds. Without debt, the dollar is worthless.

Why do we want to? The system works, even if you don't understand it.
>>
>>707527075
Short answer: No.
>>
>>707527929
Fucking this
/thread
>>
>>707527623
Autism
u
t
i
s
m
>>
>>707527075
same way hitler tried for it, but win.
>>
>>707527075
The debt is not something to worry about, honestly.
>>
>>707528501
This, you have to be autistic to vote for Hillary.
>>
>>707527075
Also this cartoon is fucking retarded. The only problem with the debt is we end up paying non-negligible amounts of interest. But we have the lowest interest ratings possible, because everyone knows we are good for it. If we don't raise the debt ceiling every year and pay our debts our credit rating will be downgraded and our economy will collapse. Seriously.
>>
Fucking spastic thinks Debt = Deficit
>>
Burn it all down. Global nuclear war, cleansing fire, followed by worldwide pandemics and mass extinction of the human race. The only way forward is down.
>>
>>707527075
>>707527075
>Is it possible?
Well that is the right question, which you never hear anyone actually ask or answer on TV.
Because the answer is no...it isn't.
From a purely mathematical standpoint, if we eliminated the deficit entirely tomorrow, the debt, when coupled with the interest we'd pay throughout the repayment period (assuming we didn't go back into deficit, equals roughly 4x as much money as there is in the world.

So no, it can not be fixed. We are bankrupt, but nobody is saying anything because if the US economy were to collapse everyone else's would as well. We are too big to fail, remember?
>>
>>707529013
>everyone knows we are good for it.
No we bloody well are not!
>>
We should make america great again Trump is going to tell all these slant eyed number crunching faggots we will not be paying them back and in fact they now owe US money. Fuck China what are they going to do bro?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (95 KB, 930x356) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
95 KB, 930x356
>>707527075

Damn /b/, you are disappoint.

The only people who give a fuck about the debt are those who make money on the interest. Literally, fuck the debt. What are they gonna do, come collect $20 trillion dollars? From who? How? Can't we just print some trillion dollar bills and call it good?

>inb4 global economics.

Does this go against all of your rules? Of course it does. Could anyone do a thing about it? $20 Trillion? The only people who would stand to lose are the Rothchilds, fuck them.
>>
spend half the amount that is splurged into the military every year.
>>
>>707529645
yeah, actually we are.

you are in the sad position of knowing so little about what you are talking about that you actually think you have an informed and valid opinion.

You don't.
>>
>>707529519

This. How fucking real is it to be in debt more than 4x the wealth of the entire human race? It's all made up, and if the US goes down the global economy goes with it. It's not we owe some payday lender and they're going to garnish the US's tax revenues.
>>
>>707529663
> Can't we just print some trillion dollar bills and call it good?

Not if you want the economy to have any value outside the US.

I mean, yes, you could copy Zimbabwe and start printing billion dollar notes. but the exchange rate will go down faster than a $5 whore, and it'll hit the floor within days, and you're into hyperinflation, other nations will be calling their debt, that will wipe out international trade, that $500 smartphone now costs $50,000, and a honda costs half a million.

you cant simply "print more money". International economics doesnt work like that.
>>
>>707529663
>the Rothchilds, fuck them.

I would advise you not to insult my family name...
>>
>>707527075
perfect nuclear fusion. build autonomous death robots. conquer the world like our ancestors wanted us
>>
>>707527075

>how do we fix the debt?

You don't fix the debt, you manage the debt.

>Will we ever fix it?

Why? Having the debt in the form of bonds helps with currency liquidity. Also >>707527929

>Is it possible?

Yes, but it is like shoving a shotgun up your ass, pulling the trigger and seeing if you can survive. It is possible but the results are hyper inflation, a devaluation of the dollar and the stagnation brought by a worthless currency.

Also the majority of the US debt is owned to US citizens, which isn't an big issue since it doesn't give any foreign power too much of a saying in US finances and it would be in those individuals best interest to keep their bonds since it means the US can pay them back.
>>
What am I gonna do, Obama has me in debt to the damn Chinese! My children are gonna be born in debt to those bastards god damn it we need a Republican now, trump save us from derp debt
>>
>>707527075
The tax code wastes 2.6% of the GDP, around $400B, through the bureaucracies and the money people spend to go over them with experts and file them. Reforming the tax code to cut these costs will show that money to be reinvested, resulting in economic growth and more tax revenue.

Some deregulation, lowering the corporate tax to 10% (US would be a tax haven at this rate), and closing tax breaks and loopholes could also increase growth and/or tax revenue.

I also believe there is a lot of waste (and corruption) in our spending, especially in defense. We could potentially cut billions in spending without compromising the department which we are cutting.

Notice I'm not talking about cutting income taxes for anyone, cutting the military or entitlements, or deregulation on a large scale.
>>
>>707530203

I get your point, and I'm not ignorant of how "economics" is supposed to work, but I pose you these questions.

1) What would happen if overnight global production (scaled to include the US market) could no longer be sold in the US because the #1 market in the world couldn't consume? A. all the businesses would go bankrupt because they have assets and no cashflow or B. they'd make the price adjust in such a way to liquidate, reengaging the economy despite hyper-inflation. To the same extent? No. But the world couldn't function without us /b/tards buying iphones.

2) Your second fallacy is bringing logic to an illogical dilemma. The laws of economics only work until they don't, it's a social science, and the shared meaning is its only meaning. Governments didn't borrow money until they did, and now what? The economics models changed. $20 Trillion is such a big, ridiculous number that economics can't account for that amount of agency, i.e. if $20 trillion says your rules are shit, your rules are shit. The rest of the globe combined couldn't agree in such a way to enforce the laws of international economics in such a way as to override the US decision not to pay.

Bonus point C) What are they gonna do, take the land? I refer you to the defense spending chart above.
>>
>>707530577
China owns 20 - 25% of the debt also they're buying up commercial land like mad men in the US.
>>
The majority of the debt is still held by taxpayers, not foreigners.

That's why it matters you fucking morons.
>>
File: drinksmoke.jpg (107 KB, 540x900) Image search: [Google]
drinksmoke.jpg
107 KB, 540x900
>>707527075
You know exactly what to do anon!
>>
>>707531282

which is exactly how they want it, and it's exactly why they want you to pay. Keep that interest coming just for the privilege of being born into this country. The US has no fiscal reason to pay off the debt, the "US Government" doesn't hold the debt.

To show you how ethereal debt is, say you owe your buddy $1 million. He dies. Do you owe anyone any money? The only reason debt means anything is because both parties agree it means something.
>>
>>707527075
you need to realize that the debt literally doesn't matter.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.