Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

If God doesn't exist, how come humans evolved complex overcomplicated

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 10
If God doesn't exist, how come humans evolved complex overcomplicated critical thinking when speed, giant teeth and claws dominated nature?
>>
>>704656801
Someone doesn't understand how evolution works.
>>
>>704657218
I think you mean the theory of evolution.
>>
>>704656801
Zooboo
>>
>>704658320
Gravity is just a theory too. Go on, prove it wrong.
>>
>>704656801
Because you can't just keep growing bigger teeth and claws.
>>
>>704658320
>implying creationism can explain how whole neurotic systems originated and why DNA is basis of chemical coding for all organisms
Either kill yourself or go back to humping your Bible to satisfy your need to believe in some greater purpose or being to follow
>>
>>704658776
I am not op. I was just stating a fact. You say that as if people who need to do that are lesser or unworthy, which is not the case.
>>
I do believe in God, but all of what you are asking has already been explained by science.
>>
>>704658320
>not knowing wtf "theory" means in a scientific context

>probably a dumbass republican
>>
>>704656801
> how come
That is the most ignorant sounding phrase ive ever heard.
>>
A diet rich in proteins (cooked meat) that allowed the evolution of the chemical composition of the brain. The brain got millions of new neurons and better synapsis because of the highets nutritional content.
sorry my english, I speak taco
>>
>>704659208
Religion is pretty cringy.
Basically praying to a god you imply exists because of a sexy of texts derived from the Torah with added elements from a few followers that teach people what it means to be a good person.
It's good in practice, but slow to realize that if the integration of values isn't done, you get church enthusiasts.
>>
>>704656801
Social pressure. An ape smart enough to befriend tribe leader gets some bitches. An ape smart enough to push that leader off the cliff and then convince his other friends that he should be the new leader would get all the bitches as well as food to help his children grow up
>>704660410
A diet alone wouldn't do it. You need some sort of evolutional pressure to become as much smarter than other apes as himans are (my english isn't perfect either).
>>
Humanity smoked two joints, then capitalized
>>
>>704656801
>overcomplicated critical thinking
dude a human is basically a smart chimp. we are not smart, we are not complex. we do nothing that other animals dont do.

humans are highly overrated. i bet the ant asks why the mite is so fucking stupid that it can't create massive cities like ants.
>>
>>704660725
you seem pretty fuckin' cringy as well there trap. go to bed, you've got school in the morning lil guy.
>>
Cannabis is a much better example of intelligent design than humans.
>>
>>704661897
I can't decide if you're underage or are taking night classes in philosophy and think you understand how the whole world works.
>>
>>704661897

>x-box
we've got functioning thumbs...we are legion
>>
>>704662154
what you mean friend? try an argument.
what can humans do that other animals can't?
complex reasoning? chimp, ape, etc
maths? birds, ape, etc
language? many

why are humans special? less than 2% DNA difference from apes. in half a million years whatever is around will be talking about homo sapiens the same way we talk about chimps.

get some perspective, bro.
>>
>>704662154
lol, looks like ya picked a scab /b/rahoo

look here> >>704662491
>>
>>704662491
Cuz Jesus n' such, anon.
>>
>>704662618
>dmg crtl
>>
The universe is mathematics and God is mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I
>>
>>704662759
ok teeny-bopper
>>
>>704662491
calling our reasoning capacity equivalent to that of other apes or that of any other animal just because "they have that too" is like calling our running ability equivalent to that of a Cheetah because we can also run...

Our superior reasoning skill is literally our evolutionary niche; the reason we're the bad motherfuckers we are.

Only when the AGI comes are we likely to be superceded as the apex cogitators.
>>
>>704663142
>calling our reasoning capacity equivalent
look im just saying when your sample size is limited you shouldn't assume your apart of some demi-god species of animal.
for instance you might assume people are a single step above ape which is a single step above squirrel, etc.
well it only took about a million years for bonobo to become human, in another million, assuming intelligence continues to be selected for (idiocracy lol), whatever is here will think humans are fucking animal-tier stupid.
>>
>>704663142
i know...a retarded bodybuilder (my uncle) once told me, ever so boldly, that margarine was one molecule away from plastic.....mfw :).jpg
>>
>>704663544
>when your sample size is limited

Our sample size is all of Earth's entire fucking history. The fossil record would show if there were creatures better equipped than us to master the world. You would see tools, artificial structures, etc..

As far as it goes for this planet, we're the cleverest little cunts it's ever been host to, and soon we'll give birth to the next and likely ultimate step.
>>
>>704664675
>we're the cleverest little cunts it's ever been host to
depends on how you define intelligence. don't mistake social skills for intelligence.

ever wonder if a dolphin can do math? youll never know because they can't talk. so your just assuming people are smarter (though they probably are simply due to brain size).

most of a humans brain is for social shit like language and facial recognition, etc. not that impressive TBHFAM.

>The fossil record would show if there were creatures better equipped than us to master the world.
yeah but no. cities will be dust in mere millennia. million years? nothing but mountains survive. even coastlines change over that time.

>As far as it goes for this planet, we're the cleverest little cunts it's ever been host to
you said with no evidence. can't really prove a negative though, can you?

so you can take it on faith that your right or be cool about it and admit you don't know.
>>
>>704664675
so explain how intelligent we are when humans have already created large structures on the fucking moon, but we as a current "better equipped" have come anywhere near humans of pre 500 years ago have... youre fucking dumb as a box of nigger heads to think the human race hasn't already been there, done that. are you really this fucking stupid? Oh , and I'm quite sure your a hurr durr dumbfucking 16 year old history educated you "nuff" to be enlightened on these matters...fucking spare me your fucking efforts and post something funny for once ffs
>>
>>704665121
you're not totally stupid, just almost. I commend you for your pathetic attempt. +1 up, anon....please don't have children though, k? thx
>>
>>704665813
NOT AN ARGUMENT. THANKS FOR TRYING.
>>
>>704665868
k, knuck dragg0r.
>>
>>704665966
i mean you have nothing better to do, right?
can't you argue my points instead of calling me stupid?
you know id like to know if you have some insight you might provide me, don't hold out on me, bro.
>>
File: tips.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tips.gif
1 MB, 292x278
if you are able able to use nature to your advantage then there is nothing that can stop you
>>
File: voleur.gif (2 MB, 441x276) Image search: [Google]
voleur.gif
2 MB, 441x276
>>704656801
Because inteliigence is a better weapon than claws, thus we dominated nature...

>Dolphins have less teeth, but are a treat to sharks.
>Raven don't need to migrate thanks to their intelligence
>Monkeys and apes survive surrounded by "super predators"
>>
>>704665121
Intelligence isn't all that difficult to comfortably define.
General problem solving, long-term planing, learning capacity, that kind of stuff.

No matter how hard you try, you're not gonna teach a dog general relativity. Those are concepts built on top of concepts that that animal will have trouble grasping at even the most fundamental level.

The fossil record would in fact show signs of intelligent civilization. Again, you would find advanced tools built from materials found nowhere else in nature, and at least a few vaguely intact structures with similar material buried near fossils of the intelligent beings. That we don't find this shit, I'll say again, is my evidence that we're Earth's cleverest cunts.
>>
>>704666183
It is extremely difficult to "argue" with an ignorant twat. I realize this may be a large undertaking for you to understand. If you by some freak incident, happen an opportunity to "argue" with someone as dumb/stupid/repugnant as yourself (good luck with this) you would understand the enormous waste of valuable time that could be otherwise used flipping channel after wiping my cheetos stained fingers on your (moms) stolen panties.
>>
>>704666792
>Again, you would find advanced tools built from materials found nowhere else in nature,
made of what? nothing we make things out of today will last more than 1000 years. the only thing that will last over 100k years is fucking mnt rushmore, because its a fucking mountain. even that will erode over a couple million years.

>Intelligence isn't all that difficult to comfortably define.
you mean human intelligence isn't difficult to define. you can point at any animal and say its stupid for not building a city but that doesn't mean much in terms of nerual ability.
and my argument was never that people are not the smartest on the planet it was that they won't be for long and I do think there may have been a pre-human animal that would qualify as more intelligent than human.

fossil record is a joke. massive gaps in time and location.

>>704667098
sounds like you got nothing left to say. thanks for the debate m8.
>>
OP is fucking retard!!
>>
>>704667277
Wow, you started off like a retarded 3rd world shit stain, and evolve to half witted /b/tard intellect...nice moves, anon
>>
>>704667277
that was a compliment, dipshit...

sweet dubs btw
>>
>>704668086
love when people who have nothing left to say stick around to talk shit. keep bumping the thread maybe someone smart will come along and reply to me.
>>
>>704668271
I've plenty to say, it's difficult at this hour to find an anon on /b/ to hold a conversation of some value with. You almost fit a category of a thinking person, with deductive skill. I've been a poor judge of character before...can't say I've not made the very same mistake just recently
>>
>>704668686
>>704668271
Nobody in this thread really has much productive to say.
So since you guys aren't doing anything
Do you know how to tell if you have worms?
Because I think I have worms
>>
>>704668686
well then say it my friend.
if i have offered up a genuinely stupid argument then tell me why its stupid.

i'm not interested in how stupid you think I am, but I would like to know how stupid you think my arguments are.

can't learn if your never wrong after all.
>>
File: 1473940797137.jpg (57 KB, 604x443) Image search: [Google]
1473940797137.jpg
57 KB, 604x443
>>704658522
Underrated post
>>
>>704656801
Because evidently intelligence allows tool usage which worked out really well for survival. If god actually existed, why is there no evidence of it?
>>
>>704669065
apes chimps birds otters, etc, use tools.
chimps actually make tools.
>>
>>704656801
There's only one God and his name is
Moot .
He created this website for us all to rejoice in the internets
Religion is a way to mild people into some cunts ideals from years ago
Fuck you and fuck God
Fuck Jesus
Fuck the Cross
Fuck the nails that pinned him down
Fuck the crown of thorns
Fuck the cave were he is said to rise again
>>
>>704668884
If you combine equal parts of bleach to ammonia, and place the mixture under your face so you can breath in the "fumes" adequately, it will confirm the presence of any antibodies of parasites you mayor may not be enduring. It may cause slight discomfort initially, however, after a few moments, not much more than 5 minutes, you should be alleviated from any type of parasitic infestation. Post results soon. If you would be so kinda , thanks.
>>
>>704667277
>nothing we make today will last more than 1000 years

Literally right off the top of my head I can reference the Pyramids to prove you wrong. Also, the metals and plastics we use today are very easy to identify. We'd see that shit in the fossil record.

"Hey, this big area over here has a really high concentration of metal isotopes common in industrial-era architecture, there was probably a city here." Shit's not that difficult to notice.

Also, "the fossil record is a joke"? Dumbass creationist confirmed.

>you mean human intelligence isn't difficult to define

No, I mean intelligence in general. Take the parameters I gave you to define intelligence and apply them to literally any and all animals, and you'll be able to make a map of animal intelligence without much if any controversy.

By any practical metric, we're intellectually superior to any other known creature, and all the evidence points to that. Give me even one piece of evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>704669445
I think moot died earlier this year man...ketchup
>>
>>704669516
this will definitely get rid of your worms. it will also give you 3rd degree burns inside of your lungs.
>>
>>704669406
yeah, way worse tools than we use.

the smarter the animal, the better the tools, as long as they have the physical means to make them
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>704669516
>>704669635
Dunno, he seems legit.
Half and half right?
>>
File: kek.jpg (63 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
63 KB, 480x608
>>704658776
>>
>>704669635
Oh my the guy who want taught about "why" he is stupid, not how stupid he is......you cannot afford me son, so read and learn...school destroys the mind. But you knew that already didn't you. Anon...
>>
we were engineered by aliens
>>
>>704661845

nah cuz then we'd smoke two joints and then we'd smoke two more.

also, fuck creationism. i grew up southern baptist, and those are good hard working stupid people. They dont know dirt from clay. If you can't win over a majority you lose. But who cares its all infinite anyway. Y'all won't matter and neither will their religion carry on fools.
>>
>>704669610
>the metals and plastics we use today are very easy to identify.
metal corrodes, won't last more than 500 years. plastics are made of oil, they decompose, typically, in under 100 years. even Styrofoam won't last more than 200 years.
also plastic and Styrofoam get eaten by bacteria when left out in the open, meaning they decompose in just decades.

>"Hey, this big area over here
yeah because we are constantly doing GCMS testing on random soil samples all over the world? huh?

>Dumbass creationist confirmed.
if you do one thing well its assume. i don't buy into any dogmas. i don't operate on faith.
fossil record gaps are clearly documented. i mean you have complex animals showing up with no precursor, it is not at all a good record of life on earth.

>By any practical metric, we're intellectually superior to any other known creature,
right, as I said before I am not arguing the contrary. also we don't know of every animal that has ever existed.
>>
>>704669829
as per usual. but please don't spill on mom's carpet. And make sure at least 5 minutes. Then post your results and new & improved TUDE DUDE!
>>
>>704669988
nice dubs. and you may be on to something there, or just spouting your after school history chan exposure while eating captain crunchberries
>>
>>704670129
I'll have you know my house doesn't have carpet, thank you.
It's just wood where there used to be carpet.
>>
>>704656801
Because in the small groups that proto-humans lived in circa 2 mya, larger, more complex, and more emotional brains were selected in favor of creating tools and interacting with other members of the group.
>>
>>704669988
dubs speak
>>
>>704670071
metals do not corrode under controlled, applied circumstances...strike one fuckface retard.

strike two...like you know wtf a representative sample of anything more than a pokestop is

strike three > you don't but into

pffft...youre outties

but i'll give you the tiny +.0008765 on the "also we don't know..blahblah blah ilk..
>>
>>704670361
Ahh yeah, carpet is for those who can afford, as well as take care of it. excuse the digression.
>>
>>704670771
gotta bait better than that m8
>>
>>704670376
you're cluelesss
>>
>>704670904
It's fine, I have trouble digesting too. Half of this shits sawdust which kinda clogs halfway through the stomach.
>>
>>704670974
not an argument
[stefanmolyneux.jpg]
>>
>>704670945
lol you've already ate the bait m9...hook line and muther fuckin' sinker....
>>
christianity, as well as every religion, is a mental illness, a belief for weak people. Evolution does it all.
>>
>>704671091
And extremely weak have no belief in a "higher power" whatsoever....proof? (you)
>>
>>704671088
shit, guess you don't gotta bait better than that.
>>
>>704671258
are you the same retarded anon that had a need to be schooled on why he's retarded, not how retarded he is?

>has to be
>>
>>704671436
oh are you talking about the anon who has yet to be schooled, unless you count calling someone mean names as teaching them something.
>>
>>704667277
Intelligence is a definition made by humans, naturaly and pragmatically the fucking word concerns us.

When we talk about intelligence among other animals we usually talk about it in relation to our own species.

If intelligence is not ability to learn, focus, solve problems then the word is fucking useless you stubborn little bitch.
>>
>>704671647
LoL, tits or GTFO
>>
Because critical thinking definitely helped survival. Now fuck off.
>>
>>704671091
No.
Religious/fundamentalist conviction is a powerfull mechanism that we see a bunch of places in our society.

Radfems, alt-righters, self-helpers are all attached to irrational narratives wich does not have reason and actuality as a cornerstone in their idelogoies.

Strong conviction and faith is obviously a powerfull way to motivate people and has been used for both good and bad motives.

Of course this does not make religion true, and im all for throwing it out the window, just dont underestimate the complex mechanisms on wich religion relies upon.
>>
>>704671670
I don't hear (you) speaking when I read this reply, I hear what you've read of someone else's thought process...the retard that craves my acceptance of his attempt to have an independent thought based on an actual reality and an open mind, is miles beyond what you will ever understand. I think there's a trap thread you should be oogling on, boi
>>
>>704671670
an ape can learn sign language and a crow can multiply and divide, language and math.
why would you expect an ape to be as good at language as humans are? most of our language ability is based in social interactions with each other. can you talk to an ape better than another ape can?
no? then i hope you would forgive the hypothetical ape scientist for saying your stupider since you cant perform better at a task entirely specific to a single species.
I'm not saying apes are more intelligent im just pointing out the problem with jumping the the conclusion that humans are hyper intelligent.

anyway this is all beside the point. im not saying humans are not the most intelligent.
>>
>>704670071
>plastic and Styrofoam get eaten by bacteria

Who the fuck told you bacteria eat plastic? There have only been very special recently-discovered cases of bacteria discovered which can eat plastic. That shit is not biodegradable.

>fossil record gaps are clearly documented

No shit, as we've always expected we'd have. That doesn't mean we don't have MASSIVE pieces we DO have which validate our theories well-beyond reasonable doubt. It's a great overall record of life on Earth, and one that would absolutely show obvious evidence of civilized creatures if they existed.

Apart from the utter lack of evidence for any previous clever animals, it doesn't even make evolutionary sense for such animals to have previously existed. Our intelligence is the result of biological structures only seen in recent evolutionary history.
>>
>>704671889
re read all that fucking stupid shit you just posted and tell us all your're really not a fucking braindead chromosome altered reject.....just try that shit. will ya?
>>
>>704656801
let me ask you this op

Where is your god you believe in and know exists?
>>
>>704658662
have you heard of elephanths?
>>
>>704659537
Not op. Also an atheist.
>thinks republicans are stupid
>support party whos main focus is on non issues
>pretends to be morally superior while having a 90 IQ
>>
File: 1450010617259.jpg (61 KB, 550x534) Image search: [Google]
1450010617259.jpg
61 KB, 550x534
>>704662115
>I'm not cringe
>Ur cringe
>2016
>>
>>704672567
No hate here. Sweetheart :D
>>
>>704672114
You shot yourself in the foot with that bullshit

You're completely neglecting *collective intelligence*.

Apes can't coordinate with each other to build a fucking nuclear reactor. Their ape language is shit compared to ours and is no good in communicating anything approaching complex concepts. Their behavior and the fruits of their labors prove this. As soon as they stop throwing shit and start crafting some swords, I'll change my mind.
>>
ITT: fucking newfags
Sage
>>
File: 1463955555072.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463955555072.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
>>704672629
So, do we do gay stuff now?
>>
>>704672224
>There have only been very special recently-discovered cases of bacteria discovered which can eat plastic.
oh i get it so when someone discovers something, that is the moment when it begins to exist. because your implying that the bacteria didn't exist pre-discovery. im gunna let that slide as you hitting enter too soon.

>and one that would absolutely show obvious evidence of civilized creatures if they existed.
dont talk about science by using faith.

>Our intelligence is the result of biological structures only seen in recent evolutionary history.
you think arid climates in southern africa paired with the fact that predatory pressure forced monkeys into trees, gave them opposable thumbs and selected for the clever ones is a new development? sounds pretty fucking common to me.

life is 4 billion years old. DNA is 2-3 billion.
mammals are less than 200 million years (1/10th the age of DNA, 1/20 age if single cell life) humans are under 200k years.
so in the span of 2 billion years reptile, 200m mammal you can't imagine there being another species selected for intelligence?
remember humans evolved in roughly 500,000 years. that's 40 evolutions from monkey to human worth of time if your taking the short straw and looking only at mammal intelligence.
and considering the social nature of some dinosaurs I wouldn't take that straw.

oh yeah this is what im after, debate is like crack to me.
>>
>>704666610
Underrated
>>
>>704672642
Oh my, we have an assumer...it was getting bad several replies back fuuuck....everyone , take a bong hit.....and lets post some funny shit
>>
>>704658320
Opposed to the ramblings of creationism
>>
>>704672404
">support party whos main focus is on non issues"

Yeah like keeping consenting adults from smoking weed or aborting unwanted fetuses.

You're probably a dumb shit Trump voter, meaning you don't give a shit about the one and only issue we should all be giving a shit about: climate change.
>>
File: 1473732209287.jpg (14 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1473732209287.jpg
14 KB, 396x396
>>704656801
>it's a religious retard tries to argue for their beliefs episode
>>
>>704656801
Because complex overcomplicated thinking dominates nature. We are the apex predators of earth for a reason. We eat what we see fit, create and destroy as we please, and nothing can stop us from doing so. Because, in the end, we always win.

You're asking the wrong question, often most people do. By definition god exists, because something created everything, the better question is, is god a sentient being or not. God could be dark matter/energy for all you know. Its unintelligent to not know an answer to a question, but its idiotic to claim one knows an answer that could not be true. You pick your poison.
>>
>>704672751
so long as you don't look me in the eye and our balls dun touch. Right on, gtg
>>
scavengers dominate nature.
>>
>>704672642
>I'm not saying apes are more intelligent im just pointing out the problem with jumping the the conclusion that humans are hyper intelligent.
read son
>>
>>704672860
okay I don't like Trump but this post is just retarded
>>
>>704672904
no your wrong, adding god into the equasion changes nothing, it just move the question of source back.
who created god?
he is outside of time? then why do you need him? why cant reality exist outside of time.
>>
>>704672238
>buthurt
>>
>>704669610
>intellectually superior
That comes from a present based mindset. We judge intelligence and feel special because we dominate right now. However, no other animal would be dumb enough to push the whole world to the edge of extinction. So when we collapse the whole world do to over hunting/fishing, Monsanto gmo seeds, climate change, war with ever more devastating weapons, will we be the "'most intelligent "?
>>
>>704672072
What the fuck are you rambling on about?
Not me?
>>
>>704673003
simple, chix with dicks...nutshell, you got it
>>
>>704673087
Did i say (you)????????
>>
>>704673079
Intelligence is not realizing "THE SMARTEST THING TO DO"
Intelligence is BEING smart.

If you cant understand the difference between those two your either ignorant or retarded.
>>
>>704673141
with your post i have attained enlightenment. thank you.
>>
>>704672904
>Because, in the end, we always win.
Oh I didn't realize we were at the end
>>
>>704658522
OP is a fag is just a theory. Go on, prove it wrong
>>
>>704673184
You are retarded
>>
>>704672757
>oh i get it so when someone discovers something, that is the moment when it begins to exist

And you call me an assumer. The fact that plastics don't decompose in the wild like your lying ass said is all the evidence we need that those types of bacteria aren't common. The fact that we found them is a good move on our part in helping us clean up our bullshit mess.

>life is 4 billion years old. DNA is 2-3 billion....

You shot yourself again with this, and are only helping to prove my point. Complex life with high-functioning brains is a relatively recent evolutionary development. If there were another intelligent life form in Earth's past, it would've been in the relatively recent past, and much easier to find.

Big juicy frontal lobes like ours are evolutionary state-of-the-art.
>>
>>704673191
wow, a not-out-of-HS-nor-closet-anon has the ability to claim retarded or ignorant on a fellow anon....so cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 600x591
>>704658522
YES
>>
>>704673234
If you swallow, eternal enlightenment shall be given
>>
>>704673191
>your either ignorant or retarded
>your
>ignorant
>retarded
>your
Sure, anon
>>
>>704672974
>doesn't use google

He's literally said before that climate change is nothing but a Chinese plot started to undermine American energy business...

Yeah, he'd be just what the fuck we need..
>>
>>704673389
>implying im supposed to understand your gibberish
>>
>>704673347
OP is a fag is considered an logical truth. dont have to prove.
>>
>>704656801
If god doesnt exist then explain how this brain has a penis and ballsack
>>
>>704673003
I never added god into any equation. I stated god can be a form of matter, or a sentient being. The definition of god consists of the creation of everything, that does not mean god is sentient, nor does it mean god is a form of matter.

You've also assumed that a theory you've heard about time is absolute truth, in that time is separate from everything else, or that time has anything to do with anything. You've made assumptions.

Not knowing an answer to a question is unintelligent, claiming to know an answer to a question that could not be true is idiotic.
You've picked your poison.
>>
>>704673079
I already gave metrics for gauging intelligence and offered anyone to use them on any animal to get an accurate and incontrovertible map of animal intelligence. Keep up.
>>
>>704673461
>cant beat argument so gets buthurt
>devoid of all other possible ways to justify stupid
>suddenly typo correlates with intelligence
>>
>>704673483
>implying you've ever made a house/car/tuition payment...ever
>>
>>704673617
>relevance
>>
>>704673510
Gandalf style magic. pleb
>>
>>704673596
If you pick the metrics that you are judging yourself and others in, it's pretty easy to always win
>>
>>704673666
Just got here, pounced on the most stupid fucker here is all. tis how niggers roll... shout out to SA, where we fuck up good shit! without evun thankun!
>>
>>704673236
The end of any situation, as a species, have found our selves in, we have won. If we don't, then our species dies, which throughout history our species avoids, and have done so exceedingly well.
>>
>>704673795
>implying that measuring intelligence serves the same purpose as measuring dicks
>>
>>704660410
I'd rather listen to someone who is a native burrito speaker use broken English to discuss legitimate scientific topics than listen to a 'murican talk about the invisible friend in the sky who created a place of eternal damnation yet claims he loves everyone without exception, claims he made the universe but the entirety of his "documented" actions take place in a geographical region smaller than the state of Florida, claims to be a Trinity but insists the religion is monotheistic, claims to be all powerful but demands that the congregation pays 10% of all their earnings to support the church...
I could go on. But fuck religion. Butt fuck religion.
>>
>>704673666
Satan...fuckoff, i'm going to be before my mom wakes up
>>
>>704673951
under 18 v&
>>
>>704673848
I suppose thats understandable, anonegro
>>
>>704656801
http://www.pornhub.com/playlist/29098831
>>
>>704673382
>The fact that plastics don't decompose in the wild
i think you mean the ocean. on land they decompose quite easily. even bullshit estimates put plastic as biodegrading after 500 or so years but if you have ever seen soil cores from old landfills you'd know better. bacteria is the greatest destroyer this world will ever know.

> Complex life with high-functioning brains is a relatively recent evolutionary development.
no its not.

>Big juicy frontal lobes like ours are evolutionary state-of-the-art.
ok frontal lobes are a mammal thing. socially intelligent reptiles exist and have for millions of years..

ok so take two of my points,
-that mammals have been around for 40x the amount of time it took humans to evolve from monkeys (40x500,000 years)
-that no evidence of humans will exist in 2 million years time (4x500,000), more like a few thousand years if you don't count massive stone structures.

and you will concede that you cannot be even slightly confident when you assert no intelligent life comparable to humans has existed.

you know there are entire countries with no fossil record because they lacked the necessary geological features to produce fossils right? you know we cant check under the ocian for fossles right? you know the coast line for the entire earth was more than 200 miles further out only 10k years ago, im sure. you know most life exists near coasts too, right?
>>
>>704662491
Well, we're basically the only species of animal that's self aware. I think that makes us pretty different
>>
>>704673580

so your going to pick out something that exists and call it god? have fun with your religion.
god is just an idea. a source for what is. a natural assumption for creatures that operate in a cause-effect reality (which defines time, you doofus, cause precedes effect).

but the idea of god fails in its one real purpose because it does not say anything about it's own source.
like i said, saying there is a god just pushes the real question of where did this shit come from back one step.
>>
>>704674191
dude some cats can pass the mirror test. what you said is just wrong.
>>
>>704673795
Would you call dolphins smarter than pigeons? Yeah you probably fuckin would, and you'd probably justify that by comparing them based on metrics just like the ones I gave.
>>
>>704660725
lmao how many XXXL fedoras do you own?
>>
>>704674475
But cats don't know they're going to die eventually nor do any other animals
>>
>>704674652
you don't know that.

animals do know when they are dying, dogs and cats often go into the woods to die alone.
>>
>>704660725
You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded
>>
>>704674778
Right, they know when they're dying. A chemical reaction in the brain that signals something wrong. They don't prepare for it or know it's eventually coming. Critical think much?
>>
>>704662491
We're special because humans are the only creatures on earth that can lie to themselves and believe it
>>
>>704674983
oh yeah because cats don't write out their wills and dogs don't invest for retirement.
the entire concept of preparing for an eventual death is human.
so, your wrong.
>>
>>704675001
doubt it. chimp ego is pretty similar to human. disturbingly similar.
>>
>>704675057
Hence why we're special. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>704675306
pretty lame if thats what makes us speacial. lets break it down, what do you mean by: prepare for death?
do you mean an understanding that animals die? any social animal understands this, they see death all of the time. they know as much about death as we do.

maybe you mean understanding it's inevitability? well i got news for you, 6 billion religious folks don't.

youll have to elaborate more because I'm not following your logic.
>>
>>704674173
The ocean would be all we'd need. You'd see big patches of floating plastic all over the world *before* people invented in on their own.

Also, creatures like us wouldn't go out without a fuck of a fight. We'd see clear evidence of shit hitting the fan in sedimentary layers just like we do for every other mass extinction event. Raised C02 levels, lots of radioactive isotopes, that kind of thing.

And btw, some metals don't just corrode away like iron. Gold, for example, is very resistant to corrosion, and if they liked jewelry, they'd have shit loads of it on their skeletons, which we don't see anywhere.
>>
>>704675560
>The ocean would be all we'd need.
2 million years not a spec of plastic will be left in the ocean. UV light will degrade petrol products over millennia. plastic floats.

>Also, creatures like us wouldn't go out without a fuck of a fight.
we are one nuclear war from going back to the stone age. in the stone age all it took to wipe species off the face of the planet was disease. there has already been an extinction level event for humans and we barely made it.

>We'd see clear evidence of shit hitting the fan in sedimentary layers just like we do for every other mass extinction event. Raised C02 levels, lots of radioactive isotopes, that kind of thing.

yeah and species specific extinction events happen every few thousand years. events that take out entire ecosystems are spaced roughly 20k years apart, caused by meteors and volcanoes, mostly.

>and btw, some metals don't just corrode away like iron.
gold is a good example but it too will react with the environment around it over millions of years. a million years is long enough for literal stone to form. the chemical reactions taking place on a geological time scale will not spare a lump of gold. hell, even running water would tear apart a lump of gold in just a few thousand years.
>>
>>704676176
also plastic will eventually degrade by reacting with plain old atmospheric oxygen. few hundred thousand years probably.
hell, even visible light breaks down hydro-carbons.
plastic is weak shit.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 10

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.