Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

/b/ I don't know if I am going crazy. I am spending 14 hours

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21
File: lonely_universe.jpg (21 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
lonely_universe.jpg
21 KB, 512x512
/b/ I don't know if I am going crazy. I am spending 14 hours in front of computer, because I am a programmer. Due to my type of work, it is aiding the kind of thoughts which someone might think are edgy.
I mean, close yourself in a pitch-black, silent room with no windows. And ask aloud - "what am I?"

Forget about the answers you were told from the very birth - "you are a human. After your death you will be gone / you will go to heaven". As I sit down in silence and darkness, I feel nothing but fear. This is because of this razor-sharp concentration on my self-perception, I feel I am HERE but I don't know what I am and how I ended up in this world.

Very rarely, I've got strongest feeling which lasted at most 2 seconds, where I suddenly stop and focus on myself, realising that I might be a universe that is playing with itself. I am the main character of "life", no matter how arrogant it may sound. I cannot prove that I didn't imagine this world or YOU for that matter, for my own amusement.

This "feeling" can also occur when I either perform physical work, like very intensive exersizing, or after a very fast sprint. Perhaps because of high oxygen inflow into the brain. Whatever. The only thing that matters is my self-awarness, anything else might have been created, much like a computer game.

Am I the eternal loneliness? What am I?

tldr: you don't know what you are, and are living on a complete auto-pilot.
>>
>>703970140
>Thinking your world is fake
>Asking non-existent people in your fake world for advice
>>
You should read "The Power of Now" by Echart Tolle. It sounds pretty hokey at first buy it actually goes into some very interesting ideas about present moment awareness. That and the Tao Te Ching.
>>
>>703970140
No you faggot you didnt imagine any of us... dont read philosophy books, read science books if you want to know how the world works.
>>
>>703970524

maybe you imagined all of us - I am dead serious. Do this night sit, alone, on your own and see for yourself.

You are lonely, and just have never experienced it. Nothing that surrounds is true.
>>
>>703970140
This dude, nick bostrom takes that subject very serious http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html
>>
>>703970140
Nigga you high as fuck
>>
>>703970140
You are not A consciousness, you ARE consciousness. Everyone else. The ego-identified mind is an illusion of our neurology. We evolved to feel a sense of self as separate from the world because it helped us navigate our environment.
>>
>>703970524
And no need to study anything. I've already realised myself, left 1 on 1
>>
>>703970140
you're a fag because you're in /b/
>>
>>703970903
I once took general anaesthesia, and slipped into nothingness so quickly I didn't even realize it. This is so scary, because its YOUR mind that's afraid to let the grip off. This is exactly what I was talking about. You. Black room. Once you try it, you will understand what I mean.
>>
>>703970140
Programmer here. I know that feeling man, I ended up thinking the same stuff you do.
Drugs help a lot.
>>
>>703970764
What do our dreams mean?
>>
>>703970140
Does it happen when you get up too fast?
>>
>>703971171
What you are talking about it called ego death. We all feel it sometimes, in fact we probably feel it every day. Some folks find it scary, others find it liberating. We all identify with our stories because human beings understand the world as a narrative. The less you identify with your own unique life story and the more you identify with Being you more free you become.
>>
>>703970458
You don't understand. Realising everything might be fake is like finding yourself in hell all of a sudden. I don't know how I've ended up here, and if it's some sort of "joke" or "disease" of the universe, some sick contortion of god's perception (which we all as might be part of).
>>
File: 5290-0-1449700580.png (812 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
5290-0-1449700580.png
812 KB, 1024x768
>>703970140
Shit OP you blew my mind. I know those feelings all too well. My constant focus on myself. Have you read "The Egg" by Andy Weir?
>>
>>703971337
They are no different to what we experience at THIS very moment. It's a never ending dream, and seems to continue forever, like a mobius strip. Scary ass shit because we can't do anything about it
>>
>>703970140
Programmer here. You're a faggot and are bad at your job if you have time to think about stupid shit like that.
>>
>>703970140
Hey OP....anonwhoknowswhatyouaretalkingabout here. yooooooooooooooooooo if you want email or some shit that'd be cool, talk about this fucking phenomena or whatever
>>
>>703971593
I do understand, we've all had those thoughts. I just don't agree. I believe in God and see life as just a bunch of trials and test to prove our worth to Heaven. This "life" doesn't mean much other than that, our real life starts after we die.
>>
This is a waste of time for me to be honest. But I'll bite I guess. You are experiencing the lowest forms of causality of the "now" which is something even Einstein himself couldn't figure out. By the lowest, I mean by the youngest forms in human achievement. You are at such an age where your consciousness is also young. Soon and eventually you're ambitions will travel you to distant ideologies and theories. Stay truth to logic, only such thinking is capable of bringing you to greater things in life. You are but a small flower barely opening it's petals to the knowledge of what is. I suggest saving the works of http://107.170.214.209/ and seeing it at a future time when such capacities are relevant.
>>
>>703970458
and this makes me feel eternal emptiness, so I am grasping on everything. Although all of these things and "people", including you might be fake af - an empty model, an "idea", in some high-level machine called "The World"
>>
>>703971593
Did you just watch the matrix for the first time? When I was in highschool I watched the matrix and it messed me up for a good two weeks.
>>
>>703971799
Real programmer here: thought experiments go back in hacker culture to the very beginning, and life is more than work. Eat a dick.
>>
>>703971722
http://www. galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Read it OP
>>
>>703972107
You must be really good at ruby...
>>
>>703972029
That should actually make you excited to figure out why you have to play this game, and more importantly, will you find out the truth after you die
>>
>>703971989
/thread
>>
>>703970844
>http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

No, you don't have to be "high". What everyone calls "high" is nothing but what you truly are. I didn't do any heavy drugs, yet this shit is edgy af
>>
>>703970140
too drunk to read what he said, what's the TL;DR version of OP's message. Only interested because of the blind spot dot-cross OP's picture reminds me of.
>>
>>703971251
I am just going to badtrip 24/7 with that mindset man :/
>>
File: 1417368363151.jpg (108 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1417368363151.jpg
108 KB, 403x403
>>703970140
And this is why every culture ultimately creates a religion. Atheism is quite probably something like a form of autism -- an inability to process the world around them.

If you can process it then you can realize there's some damn fishy shit going on here, not the least of which is consciousness. So a bunch of rocks formed up and smashed into each other and then after a few billion years the rocks got together in such a way as to post dank memes on 4chan? What the fuck kinda of universe is that? What kind of fucking purely logical system results, ultimately, in dank memes?

I find that pretty fucking fishy, myself.

I don't really go for the dogma of the various religions. I usually call myself a deist. I think "fishy shit" is self-evident in the universe. The details are guesswork.

But for my part, here's my favorite theory:
You are a thing that exists outside of space-time. You always existed and always will because where you're from, there's no such thing as "time". That's a construct of this place. But you don't remember it because there's nothing to remember. You just "were". With no experiences, you existed but only in a most rudimentary of ways.

Somehow you ended up being able to get born into this universe and you get the one thing you really desired: life. Knowledge. Data. Anything beats nothing and you're here to get what input you can so you can take that out of here with you. Any experience is worthy.

There's a taste of this when you dream. The body sleeps but you don't. Dreams have no concrete sense of time because where you from it doesn't exist anyway. Dreams can have a certain flow to them because that's a concept you learned here but overall time doesn't really exist.

Grab what building blocks you can from here, before you go back to where you came from.
>>
>>703972225
Kek. na that anon hacks with HTML.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462071801982.jpg (52 KB, 557x592) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462071801982.jpg
52 KB, 557x592
>>703970140

Calm down Kant; I don't think anyTHING can convince you otherwise, if you are indeed the protagonist of your own story

And honestly asking a chorus of anonymous voices won't help either

How can you ever know if anyone else has ever experienced this level of existential dread? By spending 14 hours a day on a computer do you have the social knowledge of ever knowing?
>>
>>703971545
no, but I experienced that as well, and my thing is different. Sometimes you don't even need to exercise. Just do something unusual. Fuck it- climb a cabinet in your room and look down at the room. Do something "incorrect", outside of natural "auto-pilot life flow". Just do it without a single though except on thinking what you are, do not think about what others would think, make it when there is no one in the room and you will get it.
>>
>>703970140
I had that feeling one time while I was tripping. I had a double dip that was laced with PCP. The visuals were great. When everyone else fell asleep I was still tripping but alone. I felt like I was just imagining everything. I had this vision of me being taken to an asylum and of all my friends and family finding out. I'm sure it was just my imagination but at the time it almost seemed like they were memories. And I found myself believing that every experience I ever had in my life before then (Event, future and past) was just me imagining they happened in that room. Every interaction with someone was just another vision I had in that room. Then the drugs wore off and I was fine. Sometimes I do think back about it and how this can still just be a vision. Or a dream.
>>
>>703970140
Calm down neo.
>>
>>703970140
We could all be living inside one big computer program, think about it.

We could just be aliens playing a kind of video game just by constantly looking at 1s and 0s

At the base of everything in the universe, everything either happens or it doesn't, 1 or 0, no or yes.

A neuron in the brain is either fired or not fired and we have about 100 billion neurons and this makes up everything we do, feel and see.

If something is not being perceived by a Conscious being, it doesn't exist. That wall behind you that no one is looking at, nothing is there until you turn around.

Like when a forest fire happens, the universe is just told what it needs to do at the moment it is perceived.

If no conscious being had ever existed, the universe would not exist.
>>
>>703971569
Throughout my entire life I never felt it. This thing is so fucking sharp it cuts right through your mind. You most likely haven't experience d it, and it's totally worth it man. I am not angry at you, you might never get it, just be happy for it - it's good too.
> You are much larger than your "knowledge", your brain. It is always inside of you and one day you might lay your gaze on it, by complete accident - perhaps in front of a mirror
>>
File: IMG_55021.png (650 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_55021.png
650 KB, 800x800
>>703972713
It's okay to climb off your pedestal of righteous every once and a while anon.
>>
>>703972591
Don't take heavy stuff. I usually stick to weed, coke, benzos, antidepressants and adderall.
I've been railing come coke and aderall now and I'm ready for 24 hours of work shitty thoughts free.
>>
>>703973277

RIP paul walker
>>
>>703972068
I had this before I watched matrix. It happened 6 years ago and I had it 8 times total, each lasting 2-3 seconds maximum. They last eternity however and are chilling-scary.
>>
>>703973339
>don't take heavy stuff
>oh but I just stick to coke, benzos, anti-depressants and fucking adderall
lol really dude? abusing adderall, not to mention mixing it with other shit is probably one of the worse things and taxing things you could do to your body.
>>
>>703973220
Holy shit dude...
>>
>>703973339
Kek RIP Anon
>>
From the age of about 8, I just used to realize sometimes when I was in class.

Wow, I am looking out of this humans eyes, why am I only in control of this particular one? and I sometimes realize I am in an autopilot and then everything becomes a lot more real.

In the end, we get no answers so I eventually decided it's better to just be ignorant. Just forget about life, death and the universe and go on 4chan and post about how I am a sissy faggot
>>
>>703971722
Will be on my list.
You know what bro, - one thing I might tell you is no matter how scary it may be - for me the reason to stay in this world is to *contemplate the world* - the perspective, the glare on a shiny metal surface, the beautiful sky. The whole reality is so complex and beautiful, it's is worth it, just for its appearance.
I don't know if you exist or not, but even if you (or even me) don't - one of us must have imagined the other. So we are one whole, and I am sending a hug through the eternity of nothing to you.
>>
>>703973220
>we either have a neuron that fires or doesn't fire
See, you are somebody who has never studied neurosciences or neurology. That isn't how neurons work. It's far more complicated than neurons firing or not firing, there are insane amount of chemicals that activate depending on the stimulus acted upon the neuron involved, direction to the brain, then reaction back to the site of stimulus. Neurons aren't just 1's and fucking 0's you freshmen philosophical, fucktard.
>>
>>703973885

>anime

it checks out
>>
>>703973885
I'll give you points for honesty...
>>
>>703972452
Op thinks he's god, also drunk
>>
>>703972107

agreed
>>
>>703974109
I mean I am also drunk not OP, unless he is idk
>>
You spend too much time looking at Assembly. Just try Python dude.
>>
>>703974019
Anon this is straight from the egg. It's really just an essay. It'll only take 5-10 minutes to read. Check it out.
http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff /theegg_mod.html
>>
>>703974109
One of these threads, huh? OP think he's an important singularity or something?
>>
File: 1438826158413.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438826158413.jpg
756 KB, 1920x1080
If you truly understood the truth, chances are you wouldn't be here to contemplate it. That, or...well, something more.
>>
>>703971989
>http://107.170.214.209/
Thank you, saved
>>
>>703970140
This might b the feeling your talking about, but whenever I get really sick. Like last year i got phnomia( i probaly spelled that wrong) real bad. And it was the strongest time Iv ever felt it. But I was in between sleep and awake. I was completely out of it. I felt like I was one black spec in an ever growing room of white. It was a scary feeling. Sometimes I get it randomly, but I usually get it whn I'm sick. Anyone else get this feeling
>>
>>703971809
I am on 4chan, and want to stay anonymous. We can talk about all of it here, with the company of other like minded people
>>
>>703973568
>>703973800
I keep hydrated so it's okay.
>>
>>703974511
mm chekd and hold off on the Acid buddy
>>
>>703974020
Well yes, I know that it isn't just decided by 1s and 0s. That wasn't my point. My point is that they either are fired or not. No matter how complex it is up to that point.
>>
File: 1472980689763.gif (703 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
1472980689763.gif
703 KB, 245x170
>>703974699
>99
Chekeked
>>
>>703971989
And as well as saved the article, one thing to add. My amazing logic will leave me as soon as I die. Therefore it may be worthless. Unless by going through such thinking, we develop something other than the brain - the soul. So maybe things like love and compassion might be added to logic in this case, working towards our good.
>>
>>703973274
You're really pretentious you know that? Other people know what the fuck you're saying. It's not fucking uncommon. In fact look up sensory deprivation tanks, it's a real version of your 6th grade black room thought experiment. You're not special.
>>
>>703974842
Is OP Spike?
>>
>>703973339
>>703973568
^anons right. seen many people when i worked at mental hospital with amphetamine induced psychosis. benzos are pretty heavy too, they make you do stupid shit and withdrawal from them is fucking hell. what heavy stuff are you talking about? heroin? heroin has no long term negative effects on health except what damage you do from unsanitary injection practices. educate yourself son
>>
>>703970140

Eat some mescaline and get back to us...
>>
>>703972276
I am afraid this will never end, and it may be eternal sequence of dream-like existence. I can't remember where I came from, and I haven't got a clue where I will go. I am in a vacuum and so are you.
>>
>>703970140
Too much crack bro
>>
>>703973220
I don't think you understand binary
>>
File: 91294375298435.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
91294375298435.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>>703970140
Boy oh boy have i waited for YEARS to appropriately use this image.
>>
>>703972162
>http://www. galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Added, thank you
>>
>>703972225
VXGI in c++ and OpenGL, you can even find me on youtube with 700 views
>>
>>703970140
Move to a room that has windows in it
>>
>>703974827
Except it isn't. There are plenty of neurons that are working right now, but aren't technically "fired." yet providing essential functionality to your body. The "reptilian" part of your body negates your entire belief in your brain, alone.
>>
>>703970140
What really feels depressing is when you find a thread that really interests you and you'd love to contribute instead of shitposting like the twenty other posters, but decide not to because the thread is too deep in so your comment can't be read and there's just like the same twelve fuckers harassing OP so nothing can get done.
>>
>>703970140
Solipsism, you're not special
You may be a brain in a jar, might not be
There's no way to ever know so why does it matter whether or not that's the case
>>
>>703970140
OP you're right but i'm too lazy to explain every detail so i'll just sit and read
>>
>>703974413
Basically. Thinks we are constructs of his imagintion or some shit, I know i'm real. fuck this guy.

Also more drunk than earlier
>>
>>703972713
Very interesting mindset, thank you for sharing with me
>>
>>703975243
Why is that?
>>
>>703975806
you dont know shit you silly bitch

>>703975570
post anyway faggioto
>>
>>703975806
I'm pretty drunk too, but at least I have the rationality to believe reality is real. I haven't reached psychosis, yet.
>>
>>703975246
All i know is that if i underwent the Psijic Endeavor i wouldn't fucking zero sum. I'm convinced that i am real.
>>
>>703970140
Get drunk.
>>
>>703972881
You have a point, but at this moment, it wouldn't matter. I can see crystal clear an entity - myself, to which I find no explanation. What's the point of jumping to learn other things, when I can't even figure out the basics
>>
>>703975978
Well this guy thinks being alone in the dark is enough to think he's god. I don't even know what level he's on or what drugs he's been using
>>
>>703972998
This is very close to what I experienced.
>>
>>703975966
Tell me exactly what it is that I don't know, please.
>>
>>703972998
no visuals however, - just my face in the mirror, or dim lights as I walked outside, at 2am in the winter, in silence
>>
>>703970140
>>703970140
>>703970140
>>703970140

OP, I'm about to give you the first non-bullshit answer in this thread.

This is what happens when you explore your own subjective experience.

As for what you can know beyond a shadow of doubt - that's something that philosophy has been addressing for centuries. You could be a brain in a vat, you could not. But the important thing about this is that, we're pretty sure the world around all of us exists.

A much better and more powerful explanation isn't that the world is an illusion, or doesn't exist, but your sense of self, your "ego" is an illusion. This is a huge component in Taosism, and is well worth exploring more thoroughly.

The kind of self-examination of experience you've begun is very rare for people, especially people outside eastern meditative religions. Follow it properly, but don't fall into the trap of believing that it is actually "real" - i.e, that what you feel is actually how the universe is structured. Instead, its simply how your consciousness is structured.

More than anything, don't be afraid. Tonight, take some time. Sit with yourself and follow your breath, and when you began to be afraid, examine that fear more closely, and settle yourself on your breath.
>>
>>703973220
>If no conscious being had ever existed, the universe would not exist.

Why would universe want to do it? Is it tired of being nothing? I love it however, no mater how scary it may seem
>>
>>703972713
We're honestly not that complicated. Our brains have the extra capacity to reason and think. We still die and cease to exist afterwards. Every blade of grass, or a mouse, or tree, or insect, other animal, dies and ceases to exist. Once we die, our brains literally melt. The shit that makes us.. US, literally ceases the second our brains don't make enough oxygen to make the smallest functioning networking neurons function. It isn't hard why people become atheist.
>believe a skygod
or
>believe in shit happens
>entire science, QM, dedicated to "shit happens" exists
>become atheist or agnostic who believes in something different than bible/quran/torah god
Intelligence design isn't significantly farfetched, but believe in made up shit is pretty farfetched. You aren't god, OP.
>>
>>703973339
maybe there is no need to hide away from these thoughts and ideas. Perhaps it's the only thing that will reveal answers. We only have got that much time before death. After that, the entire endless story might happen again - we are bourn but no longer have experience of previous life. We'll have to start over once again, until we find the answer
>>
>>703976877
this
>>
>>703974273
I am sober
>>
We all fucking exist because the universe in it's entirety is a conscious being and it got bored and said fuck it, i want microscopic organisms to ponder the meaning to their own existence so i can laugh about it because there's not one.
>>
>>703974290
kek
>>
>>703977230
Thank you for confirming
>>
>>703974413
as sad as it sounds, but not right now. At one of those 2-sec lasting moments, I do however 100%
>>
>>703970140
I think there for I am
>>
OP, find away to get adrenaline. Your brain goes into overclock mode and time feels slower. You will be able to ponder with these thoughts longer.
>>
>>703976877

This.

But what people forget with this is that subjective experience is still something to be explored. When you explore your own experience and your own ego, experiences very similar to OP's are common. Embracing it is extremely important if we're to understand ourselves beyond our intellectual understanding of ourselves as collections of atoms.

This is where you get extremely spiritual atheists, where being "spiritual" doesn't have any woo-y bullshit, but is instead just understanding your experience and your ego, and being able to step back mentally to observe both.
>>
>>703974827
>Well yes, I know that it isn't just decided by 1s and 0s. That wasn't my point. My point is that they either are fired or not. No matter how complex it is up to that point.
don't pay attention man, don't loose the point of the thread. Logic doesn't matter - it only exists until you are alive. It's worthless perhaps?
>>
>>703974929
>You're really pretentious you know that? Other people know what the fuck you're saying. It's not fucking uncommon. In fact look up sensory deprivation tanks, it's a real version of your 6th grade black room thought experiment. You're not special.
For mentioning sensory deprevation you've convinced me to an extent, all right
>>
>>703970140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrRhnDWEW8
you sound a lot like the guy from grandmas boy
>>
>>703975457
hm )
>>
>>703975457
but then I will loose concentration of that thing. It's like a big gap, I need to close it, understand it
>>
File: we are one.png (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
we are one.png
1 MB, 960x540
>>703970140
We are the descendente of a endless complex being.
We are the origin of all life, all matter and all energy.
If we could compare to the life of a human i could say that right now our truth self is in the womb, growing, learning. Only after all the possibility of this universe happens is that we're/I'm gonna be born.

As humans we're a little fraction of the consciousness of our real self. If i had to compare, i could say that, if our true self is all the water on the planet, we are small than a water molecule. But the same way that water grow in volume, soo can we/I, to do soo we need to study and learn. Study our souls and learn the trues of this universe, increasing our individual comprehension of the truth.
>>
>>703975570
nah not really, I am reading all the responses (OP)
>>
>>703975754
>What really feels depressing is when you find a thread that really interests you and you'd love to contribute instead of shitposting like the twenty other posters, but decide not to because the thread is too deep in so your comment can't be read and there's just like the same twelve fuckers harassing OP so nothing can get done.
All right :/
>>
>>703976612
We are shifting to a higher vibration.
The energy of the new part of the galaxy will make this kind of self-examination kinda normal.
>>
>>703975978
>I'm pretty drunk too, but at least I have the rationality to believe reality is real. I haven't reached psychosis, yet.
You just haven't given a thought of what you are. Stop thinking in terms you were told to thin in, step away and realize what it may be. A story?
>>
>>703976222
Nah, it's just a primitive tool for getting this "spark"going. Like using a lens to start a fire.
After all, the only point is looking inside of yourself, without feeling "shame"or "being an idiot" for daring to think about those "strange"things
>>
>>703976612
Op here, thank you
>>
I often explore my think and delve pretty deep.

I find I think often about who I am as a person. Good/bad, nice/evil. Caring/sociopathic. I ponder stuff like life and death and what happens after if there is nothing or a state on consciousness we reach.

To be honest I don't have any definate answers but I do know you get more comfortable with who you are as you mature
>>
>>703976877
>
Hm, I see what you mean, but please take some time to sit alone, on your own, without thinking in a traditional, logical way. You will find out a lot, - it's free of charge. Right now you are very far away from Yourself, even though it may seem funny to hear. Spend some time on your own and catch this 2 sec feeling. It can be lifechanging
>>
>>703977965
yeah okay.. but where did you get this from ? why do you know this to be the truth ?
>>
>>703977263
Well, then the only thing that's left to do for the universe is to experience this shit that OP is talking about. And it will find out how empty and endlessly lonely it is. There is nothing outside of its imagination...
>>
>>703977447
No need to think. Just looking at yourself will be enough to confirm the existence
>>
>>703977601
I actually got IBS and trying to reduce adrenaline, because it's produced more than needed. No medicine needed however, cheers to that
>>
>>703977965
thanks
>>
>>703976612
I return to this answer again. Thank you once more
>>
>>703979266
I have no proof. Did get the possibility from a video on youtube after i created something like this by myself. I have 28 years, this theory is grounded on my experiencie, my intuition, the study i did and some little tips that sometimes sens to have no connections.

btw the video is The egg by andy weir.
>>
OP here, thank you everyone for your answers. The thread goes into my HDD and will be read once again whenever I have this surge. Love everyone.
>>
>>703974490
>>703977965
>>703973220
>>703972713

I'm sorry. I hate explanations like this. They don't explain anything. Yeah, they're great storytelling. But how do we know any of this to be true?

I understand that if you learn to look within yourself, you can find feelings that lead you to this. But why can't people understand that subjective experience =\= objective reality?

Philosophy is pretty sure the whole world is real. And if it is real, and that consciousness is a purely physical phenomenon, then the patterns attributed to exploring it deeply seem natural or normal, even with how profound they may initially seem.

>>703978333
"higher vibration?" Its this bullshit that discredits serious self-examination.

>>703978834
I appreciate it. I understand your experience. I just try so hard to help people understand this experience rationally and where it comes from. Its a well-understood phenomenon, but unfortunately not well understood enough that people know what it is when they first encounter it, and unfortunately any discussion of it is plagued with "new-age" woo-y bullshit, which as I said, makes great storytelling, but is short on explanation or verification.
>>
you are not alone. you are just perceptive and thinks too much. Sometimes being ignorant is a bliss.
>>
go into a sensory deprivation tank, you sound like you would have better focus in one of those.
>>
>>703979548
IBS sucks dick. I can't drink, or eat anything negative to the health of your body, or have a thought that's negative to your body without spending an hour or 2 on the toilet, pondering why my bowels can't keep it together. Shit sucks man. I drink, and every morning it's a battle of "should I copy these quick notes down or spend the entire class period on the toilet. Fuck IBS.
>>
>>703970140
I haven't felt what you did but i have came to the same thoughts there's not really a concept or self awareness that makes sense maybe there's not one all we do is try to fit concepts into things that don't have concepts to make them more human... Also we're not free at all if you think about it leaving behind the fact that we live in a society that slave us we are also slaves of our own body we have evolutionary chains not only physical like sleep eat reproduction but also mental chains, the need to belong practically is on everything we feel since we're born and it'll be there when we die
we cant get rid of it it we evolved it to make sure we work with eachother to improve the chances of survival but we kind of created a monster that control us

you cant tell what's more real.. life or dreams they both mess up with your senses the only difference is life can go on without you and dreams cant... Maybe we're just the characters of someone else's dream
>>
File: 1471038794224.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1471038794224.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
TOP FUCKING KEK

OP is trying to be all edgy and shit by copy-pasting the entire module from his Medieval Philosophy class. Holy shit! I'm fucking dead!
>>
>>703970140
>what is solipism
consciousness is an illusion
>>
File: disgusting.png (203 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
203 KB, 600x453
>>703970140
I do know what I am, and I'm also completely aware of my own actions.

You sound like a man-child, pretending to be deep to get attention.

No, I don't think you're intelligent. I've been where you are, and I know you are just a fucking idiot seeking approval. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>703982562
I don't care what you think
>>
>>703981327
My friend everything if energy. Matter is just energy in a state of vibration. If you chance the vibration you change the matter.

There isn't enough words to describe what need to be felt. No one in this world can give you the perfect explanation because you would expand your entire life time reading it. All we can do, is give you the seed. What you do with it is up to you.

Our senses limits our understanding of the outside universe. Our eyes can't see all the gamma of light. Our ears can't hear all the range of vibration. Our body only survive in a ridicule range of heat. And yet you want to explain and verify the entire universe without being able perceive 1% of it?

It's you that feel the need to verify everything before believing not me. I can only share what i know, if you wish to believe it'll be your life that will change. If you choose to study the possibility is you who gonna walk the path. But if you decide to ignore, it is to you that this door will close.

I don't lose anything by sharing...
>>
>>703982562
Same as you seeking approval same as me for replying to you we all seek approval we cant help it it's part of how we evolved
>>
>>703971171
that's because your mind is sensing where it ends. where you end, essentially.
>>
>>703971593
Although this is rational thoughts tp philosophise about you must realise ome thing: we are animals. Our sole purpose is to enjoy ourselves and procreate, what humanity has achieved so far is just a competition or ways to let us enjoy life more.

But seriously if these thoughts are as haunting as you describe i would recommend seeing a shrink, you could have a disease.
>>
>>703983838
We're not animals if we were we wouldn't have those kind of thoughts maybe we are intelligent beings with animals instincts that we need to have to survive but that's different than saying we are completely animals
>>
>>703970519
been there done that now all i got is a funny feeling in my head andd maybe mental illness...
>>
>>703983238
You only care if others take your pseudo-self-reflection seriously, right?

Anyone who ridicules you or calls you a delusional idiot is probably wrong by default, since they can't comprehend how "deep", and "connected" with the cosmos you and your "true self" you really are, right?

You are looking for people to echo and regurgitate more of this same garbage that you already convinced yourself about, probably after watching a few youtube videos about the universe. You just want others to agree with you, and you are not interested in self-discovery. The only proof anyone will ever need for that is that you are submitting your "findings" to fucking 4chan, of all places, instead of a proper website, where there's a small chance someone will find your bullshit worthy of the bandwidth it wasted.
>>
>>703972943
When i was small i used to lie on the bed and put my head over the edge and imagine the ceiling was the floor. Good times.
>>
>>703983838
No disease; Just spend enough time with yourself.
>>
>>703983450
Why would I want approval from a fucking neet posting on 4chan in the middle of the fucking night on a weekday?

This sort of "approval" is worth as much as that of a dog licking your hand.
>>
>>703984344
>Why would I want approval from a fucking neet posting on 4chan in the middle of the fucking night on a weekday?
absolutely
>>
File: 6556755.jpg (62 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
6556755.jpg
62 KB, 600x320
>>703970140

Go read Jed Mckenna
>>
nobody cares

get money, give me money, I will help you
>>
>>703984344
You're not aware you want approval it happens unconsciousness at the moment you think about it and you begin to be aware of the chains that are moving your actions your ego fights it back like how you're doing it right now being rude to keep the thought that after all we are all just slaves of our own evolution away so you can keep being happy living in the illusion of freedom
>>
File: 1352021304817.jpg (78 KB, 465x394) Image search: [Google]
1352021304817.jpg
78 KB, 465x394
>>703984726
>You're not aware you want approval
Stopped reading there.

Try posting your garbage on >>>/lit/ next time and see how well it does with people who actually know what you are trying to pull here, and won't buy into pseudo-philosophy from a 20-something who thinks he's smart.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>703974590
>>
File: 1447622001028.jpg (161 KB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447622001028.jpg
161 KB, 770x1000
I started feeling the same way OP.
Never been more depressed in my life.
I don't know how I can imagine a better reality for myself, help
>>
File: fedora.jpg (46 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
46 KB, 479x720
>>703970524
>read science books if you want to know how the world works.
>>
>>703984195
>tao te ching
take it form an asian man, dont do it.
all english versions are far from the original due to difficulties with translation.
the english version is a shitfest that takes a genius to decipher.

read "the complete works of chang tzu". burton watson has a good translation.

you get a "feel" for it as opposed to spending ages analysing the text.
>>
I contemplate the same question by sitting in the pitch black on LSD.
>>
>>703985538
>lsd
can't sit in darkness without a distraction?
>>
File: 293348.jpg (39 KB, 302x363) Image search: [Google]
293348.jpg
39 KB, 302x363
2 words Op..
Quantum Immortality
Test the theory
>>
>>703984895
You're just assuming things i didnt say to unconsciousness protect your own ego and you're not aware of it so in your own perception i am stupid and you're smart so you won and since winning is all about feeling better than who lost i bet you think i feel like shit but in my own perception you're just stupid so who's right and who's wrong.... Think about it whoever awakes more approval on people minds is the winner at the end everything is related to the needs of approval and to belong that we all feel
>>
>>703986049
this
>>
You are the most adaptive creature to live so far. Good job.
>>
>>703970140
We are all the main characters of our lifes
>>
>>703986142
elaborate plz
>>
>>703970140
I get that same feeling at my 3rd shift job when it gets quiet
>>
>>703986049
Do you see how hard you are trying to make me agree with you?

Stop with all this projection ffs. It's embarrassing to read you talking about yourself as if it resonates with anybody else in any way, just because it finally hit you that you have flaws. Being aware of yourself doesn't mean you turned into a philosophical mastermind all of sudden.

If you have something to say, post it on >>>/lit/ and maybe we'll have a discussion, if you can actually put together anything that isn't half-chewed nihilism-101. Otherwise, fuck off.
>>
>>703985406
OP here. You know what bro, - one thing I might tell you is no matter how scary it may be - for me the reason to stay in this world is to *contemplate the world* - the perspective, the glare on a shiny metal surface, the beautiful sky. The whole reality is so complex and beautiful, it's is worth it, just for its appearance.
I don't know if you exist or not, but even if you (or even me) don't - one of us must have imagined the other. So we are one whole, and I am sending a hug through the eternity of nothing to you.
>>
>>703986848
I did a repost from previous comment, but it applies to your thing as well, so hugs to you. Seek relief in contemplation. The world is beautiful
>>
>>703986586
live the dream anon
>>
>>703986760
OP here, I do feel that any logical conclusions have nothing to do with reality. Logic is only able to operate with things we acquired after we were bourn. However, were you to experience this surge I talked about in thread post, you were running with your eyes wide open, in shock. So stop arguing with each other, none of it has a meaning in the endless eternity. I am you, and you are me. There is an "equal" sign, whether you want it or not. I (that is you) created myself. I will follow advices of previous coments, and perhaps will arrive at other conclusion. But not through the logic. Logic makes you "believe", but this SURGE will make you know it. No matter how pathetic it may sound to you. One thing for sure - I am not fooling myself not for a dime when saying this.
>>
>>703970140
i think the same thing but due to hallucinations that are telling me that i'm god. So i guess it just negates itself.

It's just a lack of religion.
I'll guess you've been educated in a christian family?
>>
>>703987406
>I do feel that any logical conclusions have nothing to do with reality
Got it, so you are a religious retard.

Abandon thread!

also sage, because: whew.
>>
File: 1472934043433.jpg (259 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1472934043433.jpg
259 KB, 1000x1502
i woke up, now im here. my memories of the past seem unreal and fabricated
>>
>>703987496
Yes, but I never believed in "god". I always thought of something bigger, mostly because I was told about it. After the first time I had such a feeling (in school), 8 years ago - I was shattered. Now I've finally looked into something which is always with us! It's so simple, yet everyone looks past it because they are on auto pilot. Even if one sits down to "meditate" as they call it, - he/she will still be in this auto-pilot.

One thing certain, after experiencing it, I can tell you - you might be able to feel this same feeling after 4 ays of non-sleep.
So if you are curious, don't sleep for 4 days, then finally sit down in a dark room and conduct the experiment. Your logic will be turned off 100% and you will be left with Yourself
>>
>>703987406
be careful with what you call "this surge".
You don't want to become schizophrenic or even have half of the symptoms.
>>
>>703987598
>Got it, so you are a religious retard.
nah, you see, I don't believe, or force myself to pretend I believe. I do seek attention, but only to see if someone has explanation to it. This feeling is so strange that it captured my attention for 8 fucking years. And there were people who had it as well. So shut the fuck up and abandon it, but read on if your ego allows you, because you are me anyway, and nothing matters
>>
>>703987865
you are right. It's not a surge, it's a realization rather
>>
>>703986760
I'm doing it because i sense strong believes in your mind and find joy breaking people beliefs i argue with jews about how hitler was only protecting his country and i argue with nazis about how they're the scum on earth
tbh you're try harding more than me first you were saying i believed i was smart for being aware thing i never said now you're implying that all i say is cringy which maybe it is but it doesn't change the fact that you're tryharding alot more i am just trying to change your mind because is fun and also attention

>>703987406
You should start your own religion
>>
>>703987846
yo i'm also
>>703987846

i didn't not sleep for 5 days, had a lot of weed, antidepressant and lot of booze. Also might have been drug with lsd.
The 4th day, i had this illuminations that i'm a reborn of buddha, jesus, and all kind of people (always genius or important people)
Then i saw this light above me.
I refused to look the light because it would just make me unable to be a functional human being.
Then i heard a gigantic scream outdoor (this one was not an hallucination)

next morning (still no sleep)
>i turn on the tv, because i know there is something
>the pope says "FUCK YALL IMMOUT"

I ended in a mental instute for 40 days.

This year, i had a lot of trouble with my brain, telling me things it seemed he had understood but before my councsiousness even gets it.

So i just keep up with reality, have visions and all that shit but heh, i'm no different than the fool, the schizo or the genius.

tl;dr be careful you can have a psychic decompensation without sleep, and it fucks you up.
>>
>>703988545
meant i'm also
>>703987865
>>
>>703982095
Man, you are thinking inside of the box. I've repeated this many times, - conduct the bloody black room experiment after 4 days of not sleeping. None of the information you've listed will affect me or you in any way, because me and you are the same exact thing. The same thing as the door or the mug of coffee, the spit on the floor or a dead dog on the street. Energy doesn't go anywhere - think of it this way if it helps to rationalize. However, once again, logic is not useful at all right now. Do the experiment, it might be a life changer
>>
>>703988355
There is no need to "start"the religion you fuckers xD It's right near you, you only need to drop your attention on it. It's that simple. There is no need to go to church and pray endless days. It's fucking within you so close and floating on surface.
>>
>>703988618
So kinda like that anime evangelion?
>>
>>703988960
I am a newfag op, sorry :(
>>
>>703977624
It is important to experience the subjectiveness of our minds, but it's ignorance when you convince yourself that the subjective part is actually reality.

I am a science major and I do drugs(psychedelics and weed mostly) to fulfil a different part of the subjective half of my mind but I always come out of my high knowing that reality is defined/definable and that I shouldn't trick myself into thinking otherwise.
>>
Ok everyone, it seems that the most important thoughts were exchanged, I am now leaving the thread, will save it once again to HDD and return to it to revise on your ideas.
Contemplate it, Op out
>>
>>703987846
oh and one more thing.

In philosophy there is nothing higher than the concept of god.
God is all, all is god.
Nothing to everything. It's infinite.

What the majority of people call god, is that it's a creator of this universe and we are choosen blablabla

but who created the fucker, does our god has himself a god.

So you come to the conclusion that everything is god.

And if everything is god, you are god and the next is god.

Everything is nothing and anything. (hence the i'm the alpha and the omega in the bible)

tl;dr NO SHIT GIVEN ITS 99% BULLSHIT

And stop with you're advice of 4 days no sleep in black room.
If a fucking fool try this, he might never come back from his dilusion (aka oh is there a rush of dmt or watnot)
>>
>>703989452
You are right, this thought is what I wanted to deliver
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.