Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Game developer here, what would you love to see most in a zombie

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 20
File: dog-survive-zombie-apocalypse.png (252 KB, 650x250) Image search: [Google]
dog-survive-zombie-apocalypse.png
252 KB, 650x250
Game developer here, what would you love to see most in a zombie game of any kind.
Pic related.
>>
>>702985104
The freedom to move around, choose what you do. an open world survival game.
>>
Zombies
>>
>>702985104
amputee lolis
>>
>>702985456
zombies are important
seconding this
>>
>>702985441
This and /thread
>>
>>702985104
Pretty much the Arna 2 Dayz mod with better zombies / tougher looting.

Standalone and all of the other options just pale in comparison when it comes to actual gunplay.
>>
-stabbing
>>
>>702985104
I'd like to see less zombie games
>>
we need more zombies. hordes of em
>>
>>702985441
Play H1Z1
>>
Zombies need to smell the fear, so players need to poop and cover themselfs
>>
Bosses and special drops by categories, like an rpg
>>
>>702985104
another stubbs the zombie.
>>
Watching zombies eat your beloved dog companion right in front of you
>>
>>702985104
Seriously a story that can be played Multiplayer
Huge customization and a strong crafting element
>>
>>702985441
>
Have you played 7 Days to Die?
>>
>>702985441
Yeah, that would be cool, true open world is rare, and really fun. In Fallout 3 I used to enjoy just wandering around seeing what's there, seeing if I can make it to some mountain in the distance or something. Same with borderlands, and obviously GTA is another well known one. What could add to this is randomly generated edges, so there are no borders, just more stuff to explore. Map edges are the worst for this.
>>
Realistic medical conditions and practices including amputation and various diseases you must self-diagnose. Dubs to confirm
>>
a good stealth system, only head shots kill, everything else just maims or knocks back. ability to hot wire cares found around the city, set traps using real world resources.
>>
>>702985712
or not because that game is literally aids.
>>
>>702985104
Something that isn't rushed and porely finished.
Also, zombies that fuck
>>
>>702985104
Project Zomboid turned 3D would be godlike.

Project Zomboid is already divine.
>>
Zombies are there just to do shit,
Maybe if they really harm, could be good,
Its hard to see someone actually afraid of them,
Theyre just scared from the other players
>>
You know what would be great? For everyone to stop flogging the fuck out of the "zombie" concept.
Seriously, it's been done to death. Change the fucking record already
>>
>>702985441
This.
I always thought DayZ was really close but it needs better fps mechanics.
I've always wanted to see a realistic open world zombie survival. Essential to implement hunger thirst health etc. Being able to build and craft is also huge. A difficulty factor that makes it so some strategy is necessary and running backwards with a sledge hammer picking off a hoard isn't gonna fly. The more mechanics that make it like real life the better. Scent, sight, and sound play a role and a way to reduce each would be hype. Special infected but don't go overboard.
>>
>>702985845
This. COD zombies was a huge success because multiplayer. Add on that a progressing story and RPG level gear character customization. You'd have a hit
>>
>>702985104
Truly open world survival, DayZ/GTA style.
>>
>>702986446
>DayZ was really
I've had some of my best moments in gaming the in the DayZ mod. I hoped that the SA would improve upon that, but it has turned out a shitshow because the engine is aids.
>>
>>702985104
Not zombies
>>
a Plethora of Real Life weapons occasionally laying around
>>
>>702985104

how about no more:

>zombie games
>WWII games
>Futuristic FPS
>Minecraft / Block games
>Hunter vs Survivor games

being a good developer is about being innovative. not making a spin off of already successful games. DayZ and its many copy cats were so good because the experience you got every time you played it was different and generally worth a good story - now its the same old recycled shit.

besides that, those games are made with teams of at least 40+ developers and even then they don't always turn out even remotely good.
>>
>>702985104
If it's a single player story-focuses, have multiple factions around the world that you can join/take over/bring together.
A zombie apocalypse should have a focus on the decay of humanity and it's struggles to survive as a society, and not just stab growling people in the eye.
>>
>>702987852
>WWII games
I'm waiting years for a new WW2 game. It has been overdone in the past but it's time for a new one.
>>
>>702985104
being the zombie
able to level up said zombie to kill people
>>
File: 1470685719320.jpg (114 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1470685719320.jpg
114 KB, 500x295
>>702988109
>>
>>702985104
How about enough with the fucking zombie games.
>>
A lot of anons are on point with the open world concept. It's a major reason I'm such a fallout fag. Being able to do pretty much what ever the fuck you want while also making seemingly insignificant but huge decisions that can come back and bite you in the ass all make it an experience for me. Now a lot of anons are also saying a GTA style world would work to but what doesn't do it for me is the buildings aren't reactive. For me battlefield has made that a huge draw for me. Being able to drive a tank threw a building, drop artillery on a town and watch the land and building disintegrate, strafe a block with a jet or chopper and have street lights and sandbags explode, and simply just blowing shit up make it fun. Also, just a side note I haven't seen yet, I'd like a game where the bodies didn't all disappear but didn't lag and loose it because of it. Cod zombies was nice, but after 30 waves of hundreds of zombies, where'd the bodies go?
>>
The ability to rape other survivors
>>
>>702988501
Yeah I'm sure 'being the zombie' won't get over hyped.
>SURVIVAL HORROR LIKE YOU'VE NEEEEVER SEEN BEFORE
>>
>>702988862
Yep. This right here
>>
>>702985441
Something actually original for once.
>>
Open world non linear zombie game. Think along the lines of "what if Bethesda made a zombie game"?

Key features
- Open world
- Large number of on screen zombies
- Crafting/settlement building
- Realism /survivalist elements
>>
>>702985104

Just make another The Last of Us
>>
Not another zombie game that's for sure
>>
Y'all niggas have to check out Project Zomboid
>>
>>702989910
THIS, also child zombies and other non PC elements throughout
>>
>>702990103
TLOU is such a bad game. I honestly can't comprehend how people like that game.

That game is crammed full of artificial difficulty.
>>
all i want is for someone to tell the story from the military's point of view. not from some random as survivor after the fact. imagine playing as a soldier who has to guard a checkpoint or some shit. having to decide who lives and who dies all while making sure that nothing undead gets through. all while you have to watch the world go to hell around you.
>>
RPG elements like levels and skill boosting, upgradeable and unique weapons.
>>
>>702990407
>having to decide who lives and who dies
That could be a very cool and simple Papers Please like game.
>>
>>702990286
Feel free to change the difficulty. I finished it on grounded difficulty and found it immensley rewarding.

That's aside from the near perfect storyline, voice acting, graphics, atmosphere, pacing and gameplay.
>>
Make a zombie survival game that fits these guidelines:
>Is like DayZ but doesn't have to be as expansive ( but still big enough to where it takes some work to get to the other side)
>No Super zombies
This idea ruins every zombie game. I don't want a super strong zombie, then a quick zombie that sprays shit....I just want hordes that will take tactical ability or firepower to get through.
>As close as real world scenario as possible.
I want to play a random joe, who has a revolver or shotgun in his home and everything goes to shit.
>I want to be able to board up windows and maybe reinforce doors with wood planks/plywood (or other objects that you can salvage) Maybe, place a car or two and create a barricage for a safe house of some sort.
>zombies react to where they are shot
IF I shoot a zombie in the leg, it shouldn't just keep walking...I want a wabbling zombie...If I shoot it's arm it shouldn't be able to use it

>Essentially a fixed DayZ with a little bit more story, random generation of hordes, the ability to salvage out of homes and the surrounding location you're in

(maybe do different maps for different server locations?)
>>
zombie rape
>>
>>702990489
>skill boosting
because you children need the game to just get easier instead of developing your real skill. kill yerself mate, life doesn't get easier.
>>
>open world rpg
>npc's
>towns
>random survivor groups that roam the map
>heavy focus on the downfall of society
>heavy focus on evil people and manipulative people that kill other people
>guns that jam and break easily
>genuine consequences for your actions in the game
>no "special" zombies. Just regular slow zombies
>>
>>702985104
For the zombies to be exactly what Romero meant for them to be: background props. Watch his original trilogy. If you'll notice, you could remove the zombies completely (replacing them with some other plot element to have civilization collapsing) and still have an interesting story. Humans are the point. The good and evil we are capable of. It doesn't even need to be good vs evil. In Night Ben and Cooper both had valid points. Both were just stubborn as fuck, and too concerned with being the one calling the shots, and it royally fucked them all. And incidentally Cooper was right in the end, even if he was an asshole. I always tried to imagine what they were like before that night though. I bet both were decent, nice fellows, and may have even been able to become great friends had things been different.

Better yet read Stephen King's "The Stand." The first half of the book always seemed like a zombie story, that lacked zombies. The tunnel scene in particular stands out. It's exactly the kind of scene you might find in a zombie story, except no zombies. It's the claustrophobic atmosphere that makes it so effective. The characters are terrified of the tunnel, but there's ultimately no reason to be. There's nothing in there that can harm them, aside from being unable to see well, and possibly getting injured due to it. Just as in good zombie fiction though, other humans were the real threat all along in the Stand. The Walking Dude only was able to do what he did, because enough humans willingly flocked to him and the thriving civilization he was building.
>>
>>702990916
depends on how real world you want it. if its a global infection the world could go to hell. if its just one city and it stays contained all you have to do is wait it out in your house while the military mops the place up with heavy ordinance.
>>
>>702990845
>Storyline
pretty good
>Voice Acting
very good
>Graphics
good for PS3, the device had its fan on 100% at all times and was very load
>Atmosphere
Good at times, shit at times
>Pacing
Mostly shit
>Gameplay
very weak

My biggest issues were:
>Enemy shoots 5895 bullets at you
>Dead
>Sneak up on that dude this time
>Drops 1 bullet

>Little bitch runs and stomp about the Clickers and they don't give a fuck

>Instant kills with no reaction time on the Clickers

>No, you can only pick up these rocks and these planks and these parts of metal

>Get hung upside down, suddenly infinite ammo
>Event is done, back at the ammo you were previously

All these things made it feel very fake and plastic.
>>
>>702985441
This.
>>
>>702985104
7 days to die with cars, trucks, rvs. RV, a house on the move. Bring a car mechanic sim into it on these vehicles. Make maintenance on guns a think. Shit maintenance, shit breakdown times. Guns are annoying. Cars need oil.
>>
Procedurally generated map that isn't voxel.
>>
File: 66124806.jpg (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
66124806.jpg
98 KB, 400x400
>>702988109
>>
>>702985104
helicopters please
>>
>>702989910
So Fallout 4 with only Ghouls¿
>>
i'd rather have another dark souls title
>>
I'd like for zombies to fucking matter.
Make nights pitch black, like you can't see anything at all unless there's a light nearby. MAke them 1 shot you. or maybe put a delayed kill on it. but guarantee a death from one hit from a zombie.
>>
>>702991287
Things go to shit, but there's still military bases open and the government is working to contain, but let's say it's 28 days later style, where it's a new contagion
>>
>>702991487
I understand what you're getting at but I feel like most of these were necessary to make the game work and are complaints that could apply to the majority of games.

The ammo thing is the same in any game, especially survival, as is npc's not fucking it up for you (they maybe could have made the AI slightly less clumsy).

Clickers aren't instakill if you have a shiv.

Again, as in any game you can't just decide what part of the environment you want to use.
>>
>>702991133
Well obvious the difficulty would scale, you retard. It's about offering customization and diverse gameplay. Not "making it easier" you knuckle-dragging pleb.
>>
Hmm a zombie like mmo?
>>
>>702985104
The genre has been overdone so you really need to think outside the box. Like that one game where it's oregan trail but with zombies.
>>
>>702985104
how about a sequel to stubbs the zombie rebel without a pulse.
>>
>>702988109
One thing I always hate about zombie stories is that they have a very pessimistic view of humanity. We are where we are today, because of the fact that we are not like the survivors in these stories. Sure, there would be selfish fucks, or crazy fucks, or people who just think that their group/tribe/cult/whatever deserves better than outsiders, but they would be quickly kicked into place, or destroyed. We are social animals. Cooperation is our survival strategy and it's worked well for about a million years. I see no reason to think that it would just suddenly cease to without good reason. Collapse of civilization ain't a good reason either, because that's happened over and over throughout recorded history.

That's not to say that it would be a pleasant experience. Even at the best of times large groups of people can be ignorant, stupid, and self-destructive savages. Something like this would definitely severely alter the socio-political structure of society, it's just that most of us would adapt. The ones who go at it alone will be weeded out quickly.
>>
Needs to be gorey to the extreme. Human nature should be truely expressed. Lots of cutscenes to build up a story. Last of us and Hatred combined would be good
>>
Optional suicide toward the end with vest in a pack of zombies
>>
>>702992868
STALKER has no ammo problems. NPCs carry low amounts of ammo and shoot accurately.

Yeah but you can't have a shiv on you at all time. And it's just a hands free instakill with the shiv. No skill required.

But that made it feel so fake. There are 2 bricks on the ground and 1 of those I can pick up. Why would they do such a thing? Same thing with scrap metal.

I've played all the STALKER games, 500 hours of DayZ and 700 hours of Souls games. What all those games have in common is if you learn the game and are skillful enough you can do the most crazy things with very bad odds.

There are way better ways of doing a lot of the issues in TLOU.
>>
Mmorpg*
>>
>>702985527
this
>>
>>702985104
how about a game with dawn of the dead type zombies (ability to sprint) where 5 players control zombies and 2 players control survivors with limited time.
>>
>Miscreated
/Thread
>>
>>702985104
A winnable objective unlike most of CODS stupid zombies dlc's
>>
>>702985441
7 days to die, man.
It just needs a bunch of work done to it.
>optimization, more end game shit, etc.
>>
>>702985104
or fuck it just jump the shark and make a video game adaptation of red vs dead. make it gears of war style where 1 team plays as nazi zombies and the other team plays as the red army. us and japan as dlc.l
>>
>>702985104
Zombies that die with a single head shot. But are alerted by sounds.
>>
>>702985104
How about not another fucking zombie game...that'd be nice
>>
A mix of the DAY Z Arma mod and CONTAGION
>>
Base a game off the book world WarZ but perhaps single player and every time that you died you would play as a different person with a different background, perhaps randomly generated? Alot to ask but it sounded good in my head.
>>
Most Zombie games are fps derivative pieces of shit. You want a fun zombie/survival game?

Tone down the number of zombies, tone down the power of weapons, and make LOTS of areas to explore and interact with.

Where other games use 20 zombies in an encounter, try using 5. Where other games used an shotgun, give them just 6-shot revolver.

Seriously, the challenge shouldn't be "can I kill them all", the challenge should be "can I survive."
>>
File: 1458853669001.jpg (48 KB, 720x717) Image search: [Google]
1458853669001.jpg
48 KB, 720x717
>>702985104
Blood
Guts
Gore
The more the better
>>
>>702994856
>tone down the power of weapons
Never make guns feel like bb guns.

Make them more bulky to use, reduce the available ammo, or in case of a revolver make it kick hard and take a while to align the sights again.
>>
FPS MMO - Open world

Settlements with factions that can range from friendly to hostile. Either of which you can align yourself with. Perks specific to each faction/settlement you align with.

Go on supply runs for experience with which you can level up things like accuracy, reload speed, healing time, weapon proficiency.

Go on knowledge runs which allows you to find books which allow you to craft things for your settlement/self. Acquire books that teach you basic science or skills relevant to advancing the output of your faction. Output can be related to things such as rations they give you, medical treatment, ammo they can supply you with.

Contested areas such as ammunition manufacturing plants which can increase the supply of ammunition available from your faction. I've sure there are other ideas people can come up with.

Customizable and moddable weapons kind of like fallout.
>>
>>702995419
no no, think about it, in real life, if you're in a survival scenario, finding a pistol would be like 'fuck-yea', but in a zombie survival game, you walk around with guns galore.

Guns should be LESS effective on zombies than on people. You shouldn't expect to unload a clip and drop a small pack.

I'm not saying turn the power into a BB, I'm saying make re-loading more realistic, use iron-sights only, and using an gung-ho approach should get you killed.
>>
>>702985104
Don't make a zombie movie. Make a game based on Crossed. that shit is still the scariest anything on the fucking everything.
>>
>>702995482

It should be sort of realistic, but not too realistic with a "hunger meter"

The food you stock up with does affect how much you're able to carry at a time.

Say I acquire 3 days worth of food from my chosen settlement. I won't have to go to my inventory and select eat food each time a hunger bar goes down. But I will only be able to survive outside the settlement for 3 days without foraging / trapping food and making a fire (which is visible at night and the smoke can be visible during the day, so it can be dangerous or used as a trap)

Like 1 full day night cycle goes by, automatically depletes 1 day worth of food, but my backpack is lighter. I can carry more supplies, but I'll have to either head home or forage for food.

By day 3 I starve and die, leaving a zombie that roams the area.
>>
>>702991241
This.
This is what I like in the survival-horror genre. Slow, methodical gameplay with heaps of atmosphere.
The zombies aren't the main danger, everything associated with the breakdown of society is.
>>
File: 1421485041335.png (326 KB, 431x432) Image search: [Google]
1421485041335.png
326 KB, 431x432
>>702985104
Dubs
>>
>>702986165
This
Kinda want to see a mix of PZ and RimWorld tbh
>>
>>702995980
>that shit is still the scariest anything on the fucking everything.

Only because Garth Ennis hasn't gotten around to topping it yet. He will though. he always does. Just when you think he's taken his story telling to the most brutal, unforgiving extreme possible, he comes along and surprises you.
>>
>>702995933
>unload a clip
triggered

IMO the guns should be very powerful, but with low ammo and difficult accurate aiming. This way you'd rather not shoot that zombie in the field, you want to save that ammo.
>>
Necessary: The feeling of being absolutely surrounded by zombies. This is what made the first Dead Rising fun to me.

Other gameplay aspects:
-Ability to find multiple human characters and build settlements with these characters.
-Zombies of various states of decay.
-Able to wrangle zombies into traps/leashes and unleash them on rival settlements.
-Character permadeath. Once dead you transfer to the next character in your settlement. When you run out of settlers then its game over. Gives incentive to gather people rather than just rape and kill everything
>>
File: Trump dubs.png (1 MB, 775x988) Image search: [Google]
Trump dubs.png
1 MB, 775x988
>>702996574
Only I can dub dub in a dub nigger
I'm Trump motherfucker
>>
File: image.png (351 KB, 480x615) Image search: [Google]
image.png
351 KB, 480x615
>>702985104
Weiner fisting
>>
>>702996631
There is or has been a zombie mod for Rimworld.
>>
>>702985441
If you want a good pixel art one project zomboid is incredibly interactive with lots of mod addons. Not fully open world but the maps are huge and would take a long long time to explore.
>>
THIS

>>702995482
>>702996460

+

THIS
>>702996721
>>
nothing, zombie games are so played out it's honestly a shock anyone is still into them.
>>
>>702996813
I know, I know. I would just like to see it be an actual game that revolves around building a camp to survive the apocalypse, not a space colony + zombies.
>>
zombie civ

you start as a survivor trying to escape the initial chaos

you then have to find other survivors who might be panicking, criminal gangs, corrupt cops or psychopaths and form a group and set up defenses while surrounded by zombies

you then have to rise to power in the group dealing with all sorts of issues along the way

these groups then have to fight or negotiate with each other as food supplies run out

you then have to deal with the remnants of the military and government which have lost any semblance of democracy while trying to restore agriculture and form a new society of your choosing, claiming to be the continuation of th US, becoming commies, a zombie worshiping cult or something

you then become a post-apocalyptic warlord fighting other warlords and trying to expand into zombie infested areas

to win you eliminate all the zombies and rivals in an area

everything progresses seamlessly through the different stages, from survival horror, to open world, to arma 2 style combat to a grand strategy game, every important aspect you would expect in the real world is incorporated into the game mechanics without overcomplicating anything
>>
>>702985104
Dying light 2
>>
>>702985104
the zombies need to be an omnipresent threat, too many zombie games make the zombies trivial and in online games like dayz for example the others are far more of a threat than the zombies.
I think it should be the opposite, if the zombies were truly a threat then players would be forced to work together to survive instead of just killing eachother constantly
>>
>>702985104
rpg style character upgrades based on skill trees that you can develop by earning character points. i like the idea that my character can, over time, become supernatural in a way, but remain human in all other ways.
>>
>>702997169
Dying light was one of the best zombie games but I felt way too OP after just a few hours into the game.
>>
>>702996703
That's the fucking truth anon. I would hate to go camping with that guy.
>>
File: 1382796150749.jpg (27 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1382796150749.jpg
27 KB, 400x600
>>702985104
zombies like the ones from "crossed"
>>
>>702996714
Resident Evil, at least early on in the series was like that. You had a very finite supply of everything. You had to make it last. You didn't kill zombies that you could just run around, because in the next area you may really need those extra bullets.
>>
File: Why_not_both-.jpg (14 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Why_not_both-.jpg
14 KB, 228x221
>>702996714
>>702995933
>"Reduce ammo"
>"No reduce damage"
>>
No zombies. How's about ghouls? And open worldiness
>>
how about not making another fucking zombie game
>>
>>702985441
This
Very much this. Like literally.
>>
Maybe a zombie-themed Civ management game?
You're the supreme leader of a small group of survivalists who ran for the hills when the first signs of an epidemic started.
Game revolves around finding/recruiting more followers, recovering resources, expanding, and generally making the most successful post-apocalyptic civilization ever.
>>
>>702997860
I fucking love this idea.
>>
>>702997316
It's an amazing game. And try it on the new difficulty. You won't feel op haha. My one and only complaint on that game was the quarantine zones, they were a bit meh. Otherwise a nearly perfect game imo
>>
>ITT gamers that want realistic, open worlds but dont want to go outside
>>
>>702985104
Minigame where you get to sex the zombies up.
>>
>>702997588
I... I do want both... I want both damage AND ammo reduced.
>>
>>702998305
Because we're not in a zombie apocalypse where we can be a bad ass and kill shit, or build our own forts/bases or have that adrenaline of being in a firefight without risking our one fucking life you idiot.

Like holy shit how dumb are you that you can't see the appeal of a game.
>>
>>702985104
>Game developer
>zombie game
>>
>>702985104
Insane crafting ideas and super customizability
>>
File: supremeleader.jpg (23 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
supremeleader.jpg
23 KB, 650x366
>>702997860
Civ management is fun but having only that gameplay takes the fear/excitement out of avoiding/fighting zombies. What about a drop-in system where you manage the settlements Civ style, then when citizens go into the world you play 1st/3rd-person sequences where you can fight, sneak, or flee from zombies/other civs?
>>
>>702998571
>Cant see that they are the zombies in the realistic, open world of life
I'm coming for you, half-decayed shambling freak
>>
>>702996714
>unload a clip
>triggered
Triggered

It's a clip, magazine, or some other way you load a fire-arm. if that triggers you, then you're out of luck.

Guns should be powerful, but think about what actually would deal more damage to the rotting flesh of the artificially reanimated...

A Pistol or A Fire-Axe.

If you said Pistol, get the fuck out.

The trade-off for a fire-arm is that you have the 'advantage' of range, it's actually less effective than any axe/machette.

hell, a legit halberd would be the most powerful weapon in a zombie apoc.
>>
Get a really good team of lawyers and then make all the zombies look like celebrities. I swear you will make a trillion dollars if you make a game where you can kill a zombie Zoe Quinn or Kim blahblahblah
>>
>>702985104
Full interiors. I would love a cityscape where you could go inside an appartment building and enter each appartment. And to then be able to use furniture from the appartment to like barricade things would be great.

So many zombie games have base building, but none of them have base building which you can originate from shit already there. I.E. bookshelves for barricades in a house or an appartment.
>>
File: Render 2.0.png (3 MB, 1660x1035) Image search: [Google]
Render 2.0.png
3 MB, 1660x1035
Grass with fairly far render distance, sex, de-limbing for living players (not ragdolls), randomized map.
>>
File: tumblr_mkajlw10iS1s5hedko1_400.gif (989 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkajlw10iS1s5hedko1_400.gif
989 KB, 325x244
KORGOTH
>>
>>702985104
Open world free roam, split screen couch co-op, 2-8 multiplayer, zombie hordes that are actually a threat, but can be seen from far away. Tactical options, such as splitting up, taking high ground and stealthily killing zombies silently, while 2 lookouts watch the horizon.

Many different weapons to choose from, skills and abilities and different classes, like medic, commando, engineer, police officer, city worker. Etc. Etc.

True open world gameplay. No invisible walls everywhere, I get a mission I get to choose how I do it.

Cars, vehicles. And upgrades for them. Let me put armor plating on it guns spikes etc.

Cutting torches. Welding. Burning. Cutting, breaking, shattering resources to gather them, or stick them together.

I want to weld the armor plates onto the truck myself, it would add immersion.

The zombies have leaders, mutated and capable of controlling the hordes.
The leaders have their own leader, and so on.

The players can be split so 1-2 of them are zombies, who can level up to mutate, get stronger. Gather resources to keep them from the humans.

Which the humans raid to get back.

I could go on forever with how fun it would be.

Oh and finally....because I hated this
If I find a shopping cart, or a floor jack, or something, I should be able to put my stuff in there for extra storage.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-05+at+03.20.19).png (15 KB, 255x603) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-05+at+03.20.19).png
15 KB, 255x603
reasonable map editor so anyone not lazy enough can make/ design map.
>>
Perfect zombie game you say? How about

>Wake up in bed
>Static on tv screen. That's weird. Turn it off.
>Loud noise downstairs. The fuck was that?
>Go down to investigate.
>FUCKING CAT JUMPS OFF THE HALLWAY ARMOIRE AND SCARES ME TO DEATH. I fucking hate that asshole.
>Wife yells, "Everything okay down there?"
>Yeah babe, just the cat knocking stuff over. I'm going to make some tea, want some?
>"No thanks, im going back to sleep."
>Drag myself to the kitchen, wiping crust from my eyes.
>I never get to sleep in on my off days.
>Fill tea pot with water and put on stove
>Tapping counter top waiting.
>Steam starting to rise from spout
>Starting to whistle
>Reach for pot
>Stop.
>See reflection in it.
>"Baby, you scared the shit out of me."
>Turn around
>MOTHER
>FUCKING
>ZOMBIE
>Grab tea pot
>Smash fucker over the head
>Dead again.

Now the scene would fade out and the player would gain control. Adrenaline pumping, main character has to get wive and kid, figure out what the fuck is going on, gather supplies in house, escape suburbia, get family to safety. Weapons? I think I have a shovel in the garage.

All the while pure fucking chaos in a expansive, open, interactive suburban world.

Basically a game that goes from 0 to 100% and stays that way until you get away.
>>
>>702998692
Why a fucking zombie game OP? Game dev also just curious why you want to sling more of that shit on the world.
>>
>>702988387
Hearts of Iron 4 is ww2, not fps though. Although it is an insane amount of fun, I highly suggest it.
>>
>>702985104
I want a game that by the end of whatever the fuck story you want, the player actually has to sit the fuck down and think..
"Holy fucking crap, i actually feel bad for robbing those people"
Also focus on the downfall of humanity, such as people who go insane, break down crying, and make it look and sound real. Dont hire your mother to be the one crying as fake as possible about a dead baby. Hire someone professional. Kickstart and deliver an actual game.
>>
Rust with zombies would be cool
>>
File: Ziemniak.png (4 KB, 218x88) Image search: [Google]
Ziemniak.png
4 KB, 218x88
>>
>>702989291
Referring to what?
>>
>>702985456
Headshots and severe explosions only kill zombies. Undead Redemtion i swear was the only game that did this.
>>
a open world mmo
where you have to eat not only to gain regain health but stay alive

safe house to rest during log out times and store your things

able to raid other safe houses

make your own weapons and name them

basic zombies and then rare special zombies
>>
>>702985104
A tight feature set that is fully realized and bug free, and a release in a fully complete state with no DLC at a reasonable price point.
What are the odds you can pull THAT out of the hat though?
>>
>>702985104
Basically a post apocalyptic survival game that is a mix of state of decay and fallout 4's settlement and crafting features but make it better. And the ability to be a raider if you choose. Like if my settlement needs food or something i can go to another settlement and either sneak in and steal it, go in guns blazing and take it by force, or organize a trade and build up a relationship with communities to where you can become allys and request help or a group might go to war with you and raid your settlement. Being able to get people from your settlement to join a party would be cool. And optional co-op that's like 6 or 8 players at max would be sweet. Not sure what the fuck to do with the story but I've always thoufht these would be cool features in a zombie game
>>
>>702989291
SURVIVING... THE SURVIVORS
>>
>>702999242
I can only imagine you've heard of dying light? I feel like that + the following dlc would tick a lot of those boxes for you, but I think its 5 players max.
>>
>>702998915
I like your way of thinking.
But make that part optional and work in some kind of skill/training system for the citizens that also affects how effective you'll be in first-person
>>
>>702985104
Take the division. Make it zombies. Make it fun. Make mechanics like dayz's food>water>energy>blood system. Essentially mash dayz, and the division together, but optimize your game for PC only. So sick of shitty devs shilling out to consoles.
>>
>>702985104
Any science fiction needs some good science to support it. With that in mind...
1 Resource management
--- the need to scavenge for food/ammo until such skills and a base can be established
--- the need to work or trade with, if not join, a larger group to have access to their supply base gives opportunity for story content
(( Anon, we will trade you X amount of food for every working pool/water filter or whatever you bring us. )) leads to (( Anon, you've helped us out, can you look for lost member?)) etc
2 Biology
--- the walking dead are dead... the longer they are dead, the more they will rot, the less they will be walking.
--- Some of them will be former survivors, so looting zombies may yield rewards, especially further into the timeline.
3 base building
--- not everybody is social enough to join a group of strangers. Play can find a location to secure to build a base, then actively recruit or simply wait and attract group members
4 team/competitive play
---- hunt other survivors PC/NPC
--- raid bases
--- team up to guard bases
--- stab other players in the back.
>>
>>702985104
A great variety of weapons, specially improvised, like in Last if Us.
Machete, firemen axe, baseball bat, metal pipe, piece of wood with nails or chain, katana, anything can be a melee weapon
>>
>>702985104
Eternal travelling. You can't stay in one place for too long, or it gradually gets more and more infested by zombies, so you have to move on. Each new area can be reached by passing a certain point such as a river/lake or a mountain pass etc.
zombies are affected by climate. Colder regions they are slower and fewer, but food and heat are more scarce for you. Arid regions are very short on water, but the zombies are slower and you have a farther line of sight etc. Cities are the most dangerous but also the most rewarding for loot and such.
You can stay in an area long enough to build a shelter/home or some such, but after a good 20 hours or so of game time, it starts getting more and more infested and you will have to move on or die. You can also live 100% nomadic which is safer on terms of zombies, but more dangerous for climate and loot.
Most zombies will be the slow kind, but you can get the rare runners who will pop out of a horde and surprise you now and then. You can also get sleepers that will awaken and scream like fuck until killed, which will attract more undead.
I got a few more ideas.
>>
Ok, zombie games have been done to death but we never get tired of them. I think your key seller here besides high poly graphics is body mechanics and realistic damage with a layering system so you can shred limbs with shot gun blasts and automatic fire. Make it realistic as hell and gory like an X-rated horror movie. Make it terrifying to play and have everyone's heart pounding like a jack hammer with a mix of fast and slow moving zombies. If this is Valve's new Left 4 Dead then make some more mutant zombies like the charger and the hulk. A destructible environment would make this combination a game of the year game and if you are going for originality add a saw blade launcher or chainsaw on a a rope that you whip around in a circle or an actual whip. anyway, you have to include melee and ranged with some sort of explosive or fire based weapon like grenades,pipe bombs, or Molotov cocktails. Standard party favors. Series like left 4 dead, house of the dead, and dead rising were some of the best. highly recommend amputated crawlers and a head shots only kind of kill base. Don't make it easy for the player at all, make it bullet hell, plot heavy and just easy enough that people don't rage quit. If you set it in the jungle with kind of a Myan/Aztec fell or in Vietnam. Oooo yeah, Vietnam zombies or an out break in Bejing. All depends on if you wanna make it a sandbox or if it's on a maze level system. I prefer a diverse sandbox with a range of different turf like jungle, mountains, desert, and urban mazes with elevation variances and plenty of obstacles. if you include a vehicle system, I recommend a tank and a jeep with a .50 cal browning on it or a minigun. Some sniping with a Barret 102A to make heads go pop and include a lil helicopter ride and you've got a good game. Now here is the thing. Hoard AI, hoard ai has all NPC enemies attack or be drawn to player point if you include the hunter AI from L4D then you can get a terror factor that'll make a FPSRPG nightmarish
>>
>>702999242
Hang on I changed my mind...

Screw zombie game, make it a virus, or parasite which decimated numbers and drove men insane.

Then instead if running around killing zombies, have the main characters breaking into homes. Holding people at gunpoint, avoiding the husband who snuck up on you with a knife. Taking all their food, water. Weapons etc. And once in a while, steal from a kid.

Eventually have the player character suffer a breakdown if he is made to do morally evil acts. For example
>Been murdering kids, adults, pets, families in order to survive
>Break into a house. Kill the old man in the chair, search the house..find a framed picture of the old man. Holding a child, next to a woman
>The woman in the picture you recognize from shooting her after her husband attacked you for breaking into his house.
>You killed his family, and him.
>Whenever you find connecting points (randomly generated) your character suffers a mini breakdown.
>The screen shakes a little. The colors slightly fade, hands are shakier
>After like 10 of these you suffer a massive nervous breakdown, screen goes black and white. Noises make the screen pulse. When running your guy breathes loudly, if hiding your guy gets hysterical.

Just make it miserable, but add ways to block the evil you did...through alcohol and drugs. And even harder stuff, maybe killing keeps you from experiencing the effects.

That is what I wanna see
>>
>>702985104
A motorhome that you could improve with crew and weapons to go from one town to another and fight other gangs with their own motorhomes
>>
File: 1264080575061s.jpg (7 KB, 251x223) Image search: [Google]
1264080575061s.jpg
7 KB, 251x223
>>702985104
How about don't make a zombie/survival game.
They're the most overplayed and creatively bankrupt game property of the last 10 years.
Drop it and move on. Maybe zombies will be worth touching again in a few years.
>>
>>702985104
Develop human relationships, enemies and allies around the world
>>
>>702985104
ya have two choices either regular horror formula or what this anon said
>>702985441
give it a western RPG feel and it would be a genre breaker
>>
Ill humor you
You are not some badass guy with unlimited ammo to fire endlessly into zombies
You are a simple business man with no friends and no help
The people who you knew abandoned you while fleeing
Use strategy to escape zombies not to kill zombie
Find just about 0 guns and come up with different solutions for survival
Have a mechanic where if you are in a close to death situation you piss yourself and become nauseous
Same with when you come accross dead
Never fix the disease only survive it and live with the horrors you witnessed by going to the woods far from zombies
Final cutscene:
flashback to all the fucked up things you witnessed
Point pistol to head as a tear runs down your cheek
Screen goes black
Credits roll
Players pissed off
Profit
>>
>>703000460
I liked dying light. But I hated the layout, travelling long distances was a pain in the ass, fun zombies and stuff, and the parkour was fun.

The layout killed me. Lots of back and forth, and once I had a quest send me back and forth like 3 times...and once I got stuck at night and I spent 20 minutes crying in an old pipe because I only had 1 uv grenade left and there were 4 big guys who heard me but couldn't reach me.

Overall I liked it though. But I wouldn't want another parkour zombie game, it made me sick once in a while. Make it like fallout, just add climbing features, or teamwork.
>>
I want to see a settlement that makes use of zombie labor

>Attach dead squirrel to string
>attach string to stick and make a vest that supports the stick over the zombies head just out of reach
>remove arms
>tie rope to zombie, other end of rope to spoke of wheel
>do this with like 3 or 4 zombies on one wheel
>zombies turn wheel/generator
>generator to battery

zombie power bitch
>>
the ability to board up doors and windows with proper equipment
>>
>>702999787
Nice nickname tatorboy
>>
A game where you actually have to AVOID the zombies, unless you're sniping from the distance.
Not just stand there with a chainsaw and decimate them whilst they're coming at you, no, make them deadly. If you get bitten you're done for or something. Fun aspect of that is arguable, though.

Just don't make zombies cannon fodder, like most zombie games.
>>
Here we go
>Copy resident evils third person view
>Copy dying lights zombies
>Copy left for deads special zombies, and basically everything
>Copy dead rising 2
>Sprinkle down dead island
>Bake in a 360 with call of duty
>Serve hot on a bed of fallout
>>
>>702985104
3.person perspective. Too dumb for ego
>>
All I want to see is the bastard love child of State of Decay and Left4Dead. First person, play with friends, drop in/drop out, static world scavenging, stealth and base building game with occasional massive fucking battles to secure new territory.
>>
>>703001851
Hmmm...
> make it hardcore, dead character is dead
> character has 50/50 chance of being immune
> only way to know is to get bit
> takes 3 game days to become zombie

That would be pretty cool. There's a HL mod, No More Room In Hell, that's kinda sorta like that. A bitten player can keep it secret and 'might' make it to the end, or they might not and become a super-powered zombie. Or they have the option to commit suicide...
>>
>>702985104
a dune 2/age of empires type thing where you can play as human defence/offence or zombie defence/offence
>>
File: literally me.png (147 KB, 416x386) Image search: [Google]
literally me.png
147 KB, 416x386
>>702985441
>open world zombie game
>being original genre-breaker
is this a trick?
>>
>>703002643
Should also be open world.
>>
>>702985104
Actual proper survival mechanics, Like rest, hunger, thirst, strain, sanity. A game more focused on surviving than just a PVP in a zombie environment. Graphics don't really care for but don't pull an unturned. Have many locations like cities, rural, small town areas as well as a nice forested area's. Make zombies something to be feared. Don't make them overly easy to kill, make guns hard to use, hard to find, hard to maintain.
>>
Alright, so. So if the server starts the gameclock will start ticking and after a set amount of time zombies will start to evolve into different types. Players will be able to setup different towns and unlock something by being the first to setup a town or cleansing a town of zombies.

Every town will have npcs that can work for a town. For example a town can have an iron factory and the npcs can work in it to obtain some sort of food at the end of the day. Also the set amount of npcs per town spawn at the start of the server so they can die if zombies find them earlier then the player can cleanse a town.

Further more maybe a ranking system that determines who is the owner of a town/clan. That way if the clan takes over a new town it gets added to their region and it has the owner already setup.

Maybe a region chart so people can see which faction holds most of the world.

Also a couple of safe zones that give people different classes and like a restriction to it so they cant enter the safe zone before level 5 and can only get access to certain places in the safe zon after other levels.

Something like this?
>>
>>702991487
Are you playing The Last of Us or The Last of Us Remastered?
>>
That headshots are required to kill a zombie, but they are so decrepit it makes sense that well placed shots on joints and ligaments can incapacitate them. I want to be able to shoot one in the kneecap and have it actually crawl at a realistic pace.
>>
>>703002795
Open world is always good.

Putting it on a rail or doing multiple-path type maps (like L4D) works good if we're talking multiplayer
>>
File: 20160607_185607.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160607_185607.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>702985104
For starters make the game linear.

I dont mind free xploration but if you arent guiding me along Im going to get lost in the quests and put the game away right away.

Crafting can be fun but dont make it complicated. Just have like two ammo types, shotgun and rifle, and you can craft on the go so you dont have to find a shitty work bench.

I dont need a ton of guns, just give me a couple. Maybe two rifles and a couple shotguns.

Sidequests are lame and overplayed, get rid of them.

Make the game require an online connection to some proprietary anti cheat server play so I dont have to deal with hackers. Cut out mod support so they can fuck with the game too.
>>
>>702999536
Op here, thanks for all the input. For a while i've envisioned an opening sequence similar to this. Start with a sense of calm, then get the hairs on the back of the neck to stand, then adrenaline-fueled chaos.
>>
>>703003290
Obviously just make it VR. If you're don't it will suck anyway
>>
zombie rapes
>>
mmo
gta setting and playstyle
survival game mechanics
separate areas for pve and pvp?
objectives somehow?
weapons and vehicles rare
perma ban for cheating like overwatch
>>
>>702985104
enough with the fucking zombie games.
>>
I would like to see a large open world inviorment (still traversible). With possible storylines and side quests (no repetitive "go kill 500 zombies" or "collect 13 car parts") large weapon diversity with large attachment and build selection (think ghost recon). Let there be a romantic subplot but make, making it canon and option. Dont forget adaquate visuals and in-depth dialogue (honestly just think fallout with zombies but without the shit parts) make the quests and arc mulitplayer friendly while adding new arcs and storylines when adding friends to the game, try a different timeline approach to the game (say vietnam or the cold war) maybe set the game in a different country where they wouldent be as well prepared for an apocalyptic scenario (so players can go with the whole "oh the us/russia/nonthirdworldcountry would never falter under a zombie apocalypse). And lastly make the game available on all platforms so all types of gamers can enjoy it (pc is fun but not everyone can affort a 12grand bulky gaming pc)
>>
>>702985104
i don't wanna see any other zombies games thanks.
>>
File: ResidentVehicle666.jpg (160 KB, 521x308) Image search: [Google]
ResidentVehicle666.jpg
160 KB, 521x308
>>703001196
Like this?
>>
>>702985104
making it so the only way to survive for a very long time is to work togheter with others, killing people punished them in a moreal system
>>
work n political themes in the different servivor factions
>>
>>702985104
All the zombs have their dicks out and they are super detailed.
>>
The ability to turn zombies over to your side, and then use them to fight other zombies, or hunt/scavenge for you, and possibly recruit other zombies so you can build up an anti-zombie zombie army so that you can take on zombie Hitler and the forces of the Zombie Reich.
>>
>>703005552
Like the successful thriving faction with nothing but hot babes and a giant safe wall and a statue of Trump in the town square. Meanwhile the zombies are all wearing Hillary shirts or sombreros
>>
>>702985104
>Hillary and Bill Clinton eating fetuses and other zombies.
>>
>>702985104
one life per IP. Total Survival should be based on a unlimited world map made comprisingly using a GPS algorithm to form the map of the country you will currently play in. Total survival means your supplies are limited real life events can take place as players die they should be alowed to return as dead only to roam and feed. We shall call this Last man standing. Also the last living survivor before the game reset should gain a prize from the Development company because if you are so crafty to be the last living american and survive the longest then you deserve it.
>>
>>702998949
I see somebody read max brooks' zombie survival guide.

very original
>>
DON'T WASTE OUR TIME AND MONEY... THE ZOMBIE GENRE IS unoriginal, crowded, exhausted, and cliche. Come up with something original FFS!!
>>
>>702985104
Allright here it goes, listen cloesly because this is very important:

The best Part in every Zombie game/comic/movie whatsoever is always skipped! Zombies have been around for so long and NOONE manged to grasp it. What you may ask, what did all these people miss thats of so utter importants?

It is the Chaos. The Anarchy. The Madness in these few, precious days between patient Zero and a full scale War Z, the fall of humanity.
You get what I am saying? In most Universes the protagonist gets knocked out during these days, or they get skiped for whatever other retarded reason. Sucks, really.
>>
>>702985104
A mad man who was driven crazy by livings years with only zombies
>>
>>702985104
If you're for real a game dev, here's a good tip.

Don't.
>>
Looks like a /b/tard went on humble bundle recently.
>>
Something more realistic, like having to get out and get you some food while dealing with zombies.

It's not just about shooting 24/7.
>>
It depends if 2D or 3D, what genre the game is and what is your budget and dedication and/or team for the game
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 20

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.