Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | Blowjobs | Archived.Moe | 4Archive.org [Home]
4chan archive logo
Unpopular Opinions thread.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 37
File: 1424456907576.jpg (60 KB, 615x345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424456907576.jpg
60 KB, 615x345
Unpopular Opinions thread.

>Weed is for losers who can't function without being intoxicated. It doesn't cure cancer, it feels terrible, yes I've tried it many times. All studies saying otherwise are trying to legalize for a new trillion dollar industry.

>Atheism hasn't been cool since the 90s. Yes, organized religion kinda sucks, but believing in nothing is worse than believing in a bearded sky daddy. At least look at some of the scientific possibilities before you shit on people with your superiority complex, neckbeard.

>guacamole is disgusting.
>anything smothered in cheese is disgusting.
>cats are 1000% better than dogs.
>Reservoir dogs, boondock saints, and 90% of all Quentin Tarantino movies are shit tier and the people who like them are usually shit tier as well.
>Trump will be an INFINITELY better president than Hillary. If you do your research, you'll discover that most of the ridiculous shit trump said in his early campaign was for billions of dollars in free media coverage to see what crazy thing he was going to say next. He used this to counteract the idea that his candidacy was a joke.
>Straight jaegermeister is delicious.
>>
Gum is disgusting. Smell makes me sick, sight of it makes me sick. Retards stick it under tables etc
>>
>>702664245
These threads used to get huge. Now people ignore them for dick rate threads and kik bullshit. Oh 4chan, you've always been shit but now you're even shittier.
>>
OP we would get along pretty well
>>
>>702664245
>Drinking games are stupid as fuck. If you want to get hammered, just do it and own up to it.
>>
>>702665415
I'll elaborate

>weed is for niggers
>atheism is generally STEMfags overreacting to Christians
>guacamole is kinda good but it took me a while to realize it. But it's fattening and typically not worth eating.
>cats are at least 1000% better than dogs
>Trump would probably be better. I am actually an authoritarian leftist, i.e. a true economic Marxist and the disease of SJW "cultural marxism" is going to destroy the first world.
>>
>>702664245

I like reading stuff from people I disagree with. Trying to understanding how different people think & the root differences in perspective/philosophy is way more interesting than being "correct." America is completely contaminated by identity politics, left and right. When I try to talk about this with the intelligent people I know, I can like see panic and confusion come over their faces when I want to discuss how other people think without condescension.
>>
>>702664245
Wow, way to have the worst opinions ever you massive faggot.
>>
>>702665882
I'll only slightly disagree with that one. I've played beer pong a few times, it can be fun, plus the card game Kings is really fun. The rest are shit tier though.

Was at a party playing kings once. Small party, maybe 9 people. 5 of them were girls, 3 of them were hot and 2 were average. I pulled an ace and stated my rule - "All females must play the remainder of the game completely nude." We got to look at some fine ass titties for the rest of the game, and I got to fuck one in a drunken stupor after.
>>
>>702665882
Unless it's a subterfuge for getting laid, yes. Nothing more pathetic than a room full of men playing drinking games. In fact there's no point to drinking at all other than getting a girl out of your league in bed.
>>
>>702666598
You're either a massive neckbeard or one of those douchebags that wears his hat backwards and thinks the meaning of life is to get bitches, which he never does.
>>
>>702665382
This reeks of newfag. Out of my /b/.
>>
>>702665882
Seconded.
>>
>>702666598
yes, this shit right here. op is always a massive fucking dipshit faggot
>>
>>702666598
they aren't opinions. OP is wrong about life
>>
>>702664245

>having adult imaginary friends is any better than being a fedora beard

k
>>
>>702666838
2008.
>>
File: 146622.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
146622.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>702666838
powerwolf much?
>>
>weeds bad tried it felt bad
>Scientific evidence of god
>Doesn't look cheese
>Cats

Maximum autism
>>
>>702664245
I was with you until "guacamole is disgusting" you are objectively incorrect.
>>
>>702666814
I'm neither of those but way to keep that autism streak going. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>702666814
not the same guy, but getting money and then bitches is the meaning of life you dumb faggot. Don't be a mad salty little bitch either just because bitches love baseball caps.
>>
File: 1467573537156.png (521 KB, 800x699) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467573537156.png
521 KB, 800x699
>>702666943
>implying

>>702666944
Ma nigga.
>>
File: Kill_yourself.png (35 KB, 455x381) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kill_yourself.png
35 KB, 455x381
>>702664245
>Trump supporter
>biblefag
>anti drug
>"REEEE BIBLES, TRUMP 2016,NECKBEARD"

No faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
File: image(7).jpg (21 KB, 310x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image(7).jpg
21 KB, 310x333
>all types of piercings except normal ass ear piercings look trashy and even then people wear ridiculous earings

>mayonnaise is foul

>people who don't use their blinker should die in hell

>cops are doing their fucking job. There are good and bad people in each field of work.

>the Ghostbusters movie didn't suck ass because there were women, it sucked because nearly every fucking remake is just some hollywood bullshit that they know will make money because they're using nostalgia to get you to watch it

>Vaping, hookah, cigarettes, and smoking in general just makes you look like a faggot and is only killing you faster

>burning man is a waste of money

>League of Legends is a bad game
>>
>>702666939
Autism.
>>
File: fact.png (315 KB, 558x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fact.png
315 KB, 558x320
>>702664245
> Unpopular Opinions threads are for insecure people desperately craving attention and validation

Opinion me
>>
>>702664245
You're just like. Kinda retarded huh?
>>
File: 4L_g7CRuwgG.jpg (214 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4L_g7CRuwgG.jpg
214 KB, 1224x1445
>>702667168
Are... Are you retarded? Are you literally fucking retarded? Why the hell would you even say that? Because it's an anonymous board and no one knows who you are? Do you not feel embarrassment? Do you not wish to kill yourself? Are you not going to say sorry, for saying something like that? Do you see all these people? They all think you're retarded now. It doesn't matter that you posted anonymously, they know that this comment - that very comment, has been written by a chromosomeless retard. They know that you are the biggest failure on earth and the death of you will only mean raising the IQ of this world. Please, I ask of you, with all fellow /b/tardas, kill yourself, in the most painful way possible. End it, your and our suffering of your complete stupidity, of your lack of self awareness, and of your completely irational judgement call to say such a completely retarded thing. My reguards to your mentally ill mother and your brain dead father, for creating such an abomination as yourself. Remove yourself from existence. May your final meal consist of rat poison and nails, and wash it all down with bleach, retard.
>>
File: asshole.jpg (49 KB, 460x345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asshole.jpg
49 KB, 460x345
>>702664245
>cats are 1000% better than dogs
At being pieces of shit. Cats are literally the worst animal on this planet. Kill yourself.
>>
>>702667077
>>702666959
Neither of you read what he said. He condemned organize religion point blank. You should think of possibilities instead of only accepting what you can see directly in front of your fat unshaven faces.
>>
>>702667429
>clinging this hard to the Le neckbeard meme
>literally projecting

Kek
>>
>>702665882
This. I was starting to think I was the only one who drank to get drunk.
>>
>>702667085
how is the blinker one unpopular? Also agree with the rest, except I like mayonaise in tuna/chicken salad
>>
>>702664245
>All studies saying otherwise are trying to legalize for a new trillion dollar industry.
Whats wrong with a trillion dollar industry?
>>702664245
>but believing in nothing is worse than believing in a bearded sky daddy.
There is unpopular and then there is simply self righteousness.
>>
>>702667429
Yep. You clearly assumed your position by and nullified my point by saying I'm a neckbeard, which I'm not.

>inb4 autism

Try being original.
>>
>>702667549
yeah drinking games just aren't my idea of fun anymore. Only game i like now is called 'drink the beer'. You drink the beer to win, and the prize is another beer.
>>
>>702664245
Hillary shill detected
>>
>>702667726
Alright. How was the universe created? Try to develop a scientific theory that differs from what's already been theorized. If you can prove something new with cold hard facts and evidence, I will an hero on cam right now. But my guess is that you can't. So why does believing in extraterrestrials being able to create a universe have any less merit than believing the universe was created spontaneously from nothingness?
>>
>racism costs us all money
>police should be held to the same rules of engagement as the military
>university loans should be wiped clean with bankruptcy
>feminism has served a useful purpose
>antivaxxers should be sterilized
>government healthcare isn't a terrible idea
>nuclear power should be utilized more broadly
>global warming is real
>Muslims are not as big of assholes as we are led to believe
>there should be different classes of citizen based on your contribution to society
>>
>All drugs are good in moderation.
>Getting into politics is the dumbest thing to do in America.
>Work/ having a job brings purpose to one's life.
>4chan, no matter how bad it is now, is still better than most of the internet.
>Common sense should be renamed "rare sense".
>Respect is earned not deserved.
>Most people are not good people.
>Having one or two real friends is better than having hundreds of online friends.
>>
>>702664245

Belief is little more than a preferable alternative to the truth that we are insignificant.

We are born without reason; we prolong ourselves out of weakness, and we die by chance.

We're just a bunch of monkeys fucking eachother on a rock in space while we wait to become worm food. That's the truth of our existence, but it's a bitter pill to swallow and I don't blame anyone who wants to believe our lives aren't this way.
>>
>>702667900
lol, I like your style friend. I'd play a couple rounds of drink the beer with you.
>>
>>702664245

Weed affects different people differently so it "feeling terrible" may be true for you but isn't an across the board fact.

Also who gives a shit what other people do in their free time?
>>
>>702668324
>nuclear power should be utilized more broadly
Only thing I agree with.
>>
>>702668610
hahahaha +1 upboat for you good sir! we should for shizzle hang out on reddit some time!

Sent from my Android phone
>>
> People doing things to be moral is far inferior to their having 'selfish' nut incidentally 'moral'-like preferences.

> psychopathy is a distinctly advantageous trait as long as you have impulse-control and aren't sadistic.

> guac is alright, but seriously over-rated

> partially cooked onions are the most vile tasting substance on earth

> many drugs that are dangerous traditionally can be used in safe and cognitively enhancing ways if you know what you're doing

> 4chan is actually still pretty entertaining
>>
>>702667559
I know people who consider using their turn signals uselesss
>>
>>702668256
Both ideas are shit. But if I told you that either a neck beard In The sky created the universe or the universe simply came to be, which would you believe?
>Inb4 Op created this thread and therefore is a feggot. Anhero time.
>>
File: krokodil.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
krokodil.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
@702664245
those arent by any means unpopular
just really shit u nigger
>>702668388
>All drugs are good in moderation.
you may wanna rethink this one
>>
>>702668256
>disprove my old theories with something new
>bympligm
>>
>>702664245
You're fucking stupid
>>
>>702668452
OP

I don't disagree with you on that. I believe that our existence is purely circumstantial, and that we are insignificant in the face of all creation.

But I do believe that the universe IS creation. Something so massive yet so fine-tuned could not have been generated from a void. The conclusion I came up with uses words that are associated with fantasy nonsense, but I believe that the universe could quite possibly have been created by an alien being of immense power and intelligence. And even if this particular dimensional universe wasn't made by direct intervention from such a being, it was generated in the waves of some action by this being.

And who knows? If this being exists, we know nothing about it. It could love all life like the bible preaches, and it could take our bodily energy and consciousness when we die and make it a part of some bigger plan it has. Or it could be malevolent and consume us for whatever sustenance it needs. Or it might not notice us at all. But to me, that thing existing is far more likely than our perfect universe being the result of a rogue explosion.
>>
discord invite: 44nHH
unpopular opinion: you pussies wont join and spam this and if you dont your mother dies in her sleep tonight
>>
>>702668388
>>Work/ having a job brings purpose to one's life.
How in hell have you been led to believe this is an unpopular opinion?
>>
File: 1442384442436.jpg (132 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442384442436.jpg
132 KB, 640x640
>>702664245
>it feels terrible, yes I've tried it many times
>>
>>702669101
How so on the drugs subject?
>>
>>702668958
> psychopathy is a distinctly advantageous trait as long as you have impulse-control and aren't sadistic.

Soooo not psychopathy right? Only selfishness and high self esteem?
>>
>>702668872
don't ever pretend to be me again you fucking faggot
>>
>>702664245
Here's a fact and not an opinion.

You have horrible taste in food
You're not very informed and very gullible if you believe that line shit that a ny salesman is feeding you
Germans sip Jaegermeister for dessert so it's not an unpopular opinion
I smoke weed but not all day(about an hour or so before bed)and not everyday .
You are pretty much a baby and a fucking dummy.
Explore more and you will change most of these opinions.
>>
>>702668958
edgelord.
>>
>>702669393
Look at the fucking picture... krokodil use, it's basically injecting yourself with necrosis-inducing shit
>>
>>702669393
i just dont think krokodil has many redeeming qualities
>>
>>702668324
Just Fucking kill yourself. These are shit tier opinions.
>>
>>702664245
You, sir, are a fatuous blowhard.
>>
>>702664245
>fibromyalgia isn't a legit medical condition
>cancer is nature's way of trying to keep the population of the species down to a reasonable level, so fundraising to eradicate it is seriously retarded
>contraception should be compulsory until people pass a series of tests
>if you do not believe in freedom of speech for all, then you cannot use freedom of speech as a defense when sharing your own retarded beliefs
>it is possible to like both dogs and cats
>truffles have very little flavour and don't improve anything
>old school was a terrible movie apart from a two-second shot of elisha cuthbert's ass in tiny pjs
>sexuality is a continuum rather than an absolute, and anybody who claims to be 100% straight is overcompensating a little too hard
>>
>>702666598
This is the dumbest op ever.
>>
>>702668256

Because all of our organized religions put us at the top of the spiritual food chain and we're pretty clearly not that important.

No religion can integrate with the idea of aliens without sounding nuts despite the extremely likely possibility of life on other planets.

To think we are the only intelligent life in the universe is ironically, quite stupid.

It's pretty clear in most every case that our religions were developed by people, and written to explain what we couldn't scientifically examine at the time.

Isn't this wonderful existence that we have enough? Why do we have to cheapen it by saying there's a namby pamby perfect life after this where we'll never ever feel bad but only if we listen to a specific set of instructions that keep us nice and docile?

Isn't this enough?
>>
>>702669199
Well being an Amerifag, it seems as though no one is satisfied on having a job. It's all complaints and bitching. As it is quite difficult to find work here, it bugs the hell out of me.
>>
>>702669101

Krokodil isn't a drug, per se. It's a particular opioid that, because of it's ease of home manufacture, is often poorly made with certain solvents not entirely removed. When you inject it, those solvents (not the drug itself) can cause necrosis of tissues.

Inject any drug mingled with a like kerosene or acetone and it'll do that shit to your flesh.
>>
Finally a thread that isn't "would you fuck this fat ass bitch"

> Jews are cool people
>>
>>702665382
You know, maybe thats a thing about /b/. One of its magical qualities. No matter how shit it is now, it will always somehow be even more shit later.
>>
>>702666959
>Doesn't look cheese
>look
>Weed isn't bad

I hope that guy from the "things only you do" thread yesterday jizz cokes you.
>>
>>702664245
>trumps candidacy is not a joke
>spends entire campaign saying retarded shit to get media to cover him and recieve public attention
Is this really what you believe?
>>
>>702669805
people just like to complain man; but most people are actually quite happy not being useless, lost bums
>>
>>702668324
>feminism has served a useful purpose
how?
>>
>>702669802
I think this is the base problem with Atheists. They think its either

A. Organized Religion and mindless worship, condeming anything or anyone different
or
B. No religious beliefs at all with an abhorrence to interesting ideology, condeming anything or anyone different

There's way more options than just A. or B. In fact, the number of options is unlimited. Develop your own beliefs, dont just ride on the tailcoats of someone else's because they said something you thought sounded cool and intelligent when you were 16.
>>
>>702669579
>>702669610
Okay good point, I didn't look at the pic.
>>
>>702666871
Somebody is butthurt :^)
>>
>>702669811
it has a name and injecting it you expect it to be unclean so it's a drug in my book
>>
>>702670180
You are right, but the lack of gratitude this country shows nowadays is repugnant.
>>
>>702664245
Agreed whith everything except cheese guacamole and tarantino
>>
>>702669411

Look up psychopathy from a clinical perspective. It's not at all sociopathy.

Kevin Dutton's book The Wisdom of Psychopaths is a great explanation of this position.
>>
>>702669037
yeah I get that, what Im saying is its a pretty popular opinion that people who don't use blinkers should burn in hell, or are aleast assholes
>>
>>702667211
If you pay attention, you'll always notice that the neckbeards are the first to call someone a retard whenever another person disagrees with them. It's their go-to defense. They can't process that there are many different walks of life.
>>
>>702664245
i agree on a little over half your statements.

I have no real opinion on weed.
I still think trump would be a bad president but i agree he is actually overall better than Clinton.
I agree the movies are overrated but i wouldn't go as far as shit tier. maybe mediocre.
>>
>>702667059
Found the dumb nigger
>>
>>702670258

You had a point but that's some serious >projection
At the end there.

There are a near infinite number of variable things you could believe but it DOES stem from the a b choice of "do you believe something sentient created the universe, or that it started essentially of its' own volition." Trying to split the difference there is just fence sitting
>>
>>702670446

Because all drugs are injected, right?

Stick to alcohol mate.
>>
>>702668324
>are you me
>>
>>702668324
>>racism costs us all money
Nigger, what? I think you mean niggers cost us money and kikes are the ones getting paid.
>>
>>702671006
Not that guy, but i wouldnt even call that projecting. Hes pointing out a trend.
>>
File: opinion.jpg (47 KB, 592x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
opinion.jpg
47 KB, 592x320
>>702664245
>>
>>702669777
>if you do not believe in freedom of speech for all, then you cannot use freedom of speech as a defense when sharing your own retarded beliefs

I feel you. This is where humanity is going, unfortunately. We got feminazis and shariahfags and libtards all telling the world that they can't think and speak a certain way because it triggers them. At the same time, other people don't do anything because muh free speech and they let the libtards make multi gender bathrooms and let the islamfags cuck everyone
>>
>>702664245
Atheism isn't belief in nothing, it's just the lack of belief in a god. You're mixing it up with nihilism.
You're 100% right about cats, guac, and trump, tho. But uh. I'll have to question that last one. You a fan of black liquorice?
>>
>>702670446

The actual drug in the mixture called Krokodil is desomorphine. It's useful because it's like morphine but with fewer dangers, faster acting, and less nausea.

The necrosis comes entirely from unextracted solvents that aren't drugs. If you take straight clean desomorphine and don't overdo it, you'll be just fine.

Hell, it's used in hospitals because it's a safer alternative to morphine.

Saying it's bad is like saying that macaroni sucks because you happen to read about some people taking a dump in it while making it. Don't take a dump in your mac and cheese / fucking clean up your desomorphine and you're golden.
>>
>>702667922
I don't think you read what he said.
>>
>>702671067
Not him but a drug is anything that causes a physiological change in the body after ingestion that isnt considered food. Krokodil is a drug. So is alcohol.
>>
>>702664245
>Stop believing in nothing
>Stop believing in god
What should we believe in then?
>>
>>702671342
Is
Lack of a belief in god = Belief of no god
?
>>
File: 1472747474958.jpg (81 KB, 488x719) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1472747474958.jpg
81 KB, 488x719
>Weed is for losers who can't function without being intoxicated. It doesn't cure cancer, it feels terrible, yes I've tried it many times. All studies saying otherwise are trying to legalize for a new trillion dollar industry.

That is a very popular opinion dick pump

>Atheism hasn't been cool since the 90s. Yes, organized religion kinda sucks, but believing in nothing is worse than believing in a bearded sky daddy. At least look at some of the scientific possibilities before you shit on people with your superiority complex, neckbeard.

Its not about being cool, its about being a rational thinking human being.

>guacamole is disgusting.

Agreed

>anything smothered in cheese is disgusting.

Agreed

>cats are 1000% better than dogs.

Agreed

>Reservoir dogs, boondock saints, and 90% of all Quentin Tarantino movies are shit tier and the people who like them are usually shit tier as well.

Extremely subjective opinion

>Trump will be an INFINITELY better president than Hillary. If you do your research, you'll discover that most of the ridiculous shit trump said in his early campaign was for billions of dollars in free media coverage to see what crazy thing he was going to say next. He used this to counteract the idea that his candidacy was a joke.

Wrong

>Straight jaegermeister is delicious.

Agreed
>>
>>702671006
But what someone could believe doesn't always have to fall into some organized religion category. It is literally Atheism vs. Every other option on an infinite list. Some of the options on that list will have organized communities, yes, but there is still an infinite other number of things one could believe from the things we have discovered about the universe. Just because somebody doesn't go to a church, yet also is not an atheist does not mean that person is fence sitting.
>>
>>702670190
I agree with most of this. Mainly the class system based on society contribution. That makes sense to me. Though i think thats pretty much how our society works. A doctor will make more than a burger flipper, etc.
>>
>>702671067
>Because all drugs are injected, right?
where the fuck did you get that from my post?
>>
>suicide and abortion should be legal
>>
>>702671683
Belief in no god doesn't mean belief in nothing. I'm an atheism ,but I'm also a daoist. Theism != ism in general. I do not believe there is no god, because I have no evidence of such. But I do belief there is an ebb and flow to the universe, because for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. One thing pushes, another pulls.
>>
>>702671681
They want you to believe in and worship their lord and savior richard dawkins.

Dawkins loves them, and they loves dawkins, but most of all dawkins loves orthodox science. They know its all true because dawkins told them.
>>
>>702664245

>Disagree with you on weed, I love getting high once or twice a month, but it doesn't affect my school and regular life
>It's not about being cool, it's just about refusing to have imaginary friend as an adult
> both cats and dogs are shit and you should only keep one if you need it (to guard house or if you have mice or other pest problem)
>>
>>702671929
an atheist*, whoops
>>
>>702671911

...and mandatory for you and your mom.
>>
>>702671342
Actually, I'm impartial to it. But I have noticed that the drunker you get, the sweeter Jaeger gets. It's a weird phenomenon. I'll start sober and jaeger will taste *shrug* alright. I get a quarter of the bottle down, it's starting to taste great. By the time I'm down to half it's just about the sweetest life-water I've ever had and I wish I could suck it out of my own dick.
>>
File: 1470678433134.jpg (79 KB, 620x1100) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470678433134.jpg
79 KB, 620x1100
>>702669811
>Krokodil isn't a drug

Any substance that chemically alters biological function is a drug asshat
>>
>>702671748
>Its not about being cool, its about being a rational thinking human being.

You are a fucking tryhard faggot. BTW, your pic is fucking retarded you high school bitch.
>>
>>702672013
I can understand that. I get the same way with the more harsh liquors. The more I drink them, the easier they get to drink.
>>
>>702672023

You're retarded. So if you eat a bunch of clay and it has the physiological effect of making you sick, then clay is a drug?

Krokodil is a mixture of a drug (desomorphine, which doesn't cause necrosis) and solvents like acetone, kerosine, etc. (which, like a shit-ton of substances, do cause necrosis when injected into the skin).
>>
>>702672142
not the guy but kys fam
>>
>>702668452
I thought these were consensus opinions of ALL rational adults.
>>
>>702665882
I play for the game, not for the drinking. I usually take a drink regardless of who wins or loses the round. I just like games, i suppose
>>
>>702672422
Yes, the clay is fucking drug. Its not food, and it alters the individuals physiology. I know the current definition makes the whole thing seem dumb as fuck, but thats how its defined, and when you actually consider what the definition is used for, both in a clinical and domestic point of view, it makes sense.
>>
>>702669579
Crocodil is made with gasoline thats why u dissolve
>>
>>702672426
>not the guy
Yeah you are, you fucking unperformed abortion.
>>
>>702672679

That's not how people use that word 'drug' in any context. And why under your definition is food not a drug? Many substances in various foods actually do have drug-like effects (synephrine in oranges, melatonin in bananas, etc)
>>
File: 1451249458781.jpg (40 KB, 403x392) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451249458781.jpg
40 KB, 403x392
>The only bad spy kids movie was the 3rd one
>Minecraft in spite of its cancerous community is a good game
>the majority of console games from the 80s and 90s were garbage.
fite me
>>
>>702669777
Gay ass nigga u really believe this shit
>>
>>702672817
lmao im not though. I just think youre a waste of oxygen, and im not even atheist. I just think youre gross because of your point of view.
>>
>>702672990

this as all actually true
>>
File: check em.png (296 KB, 399x286) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
check em.png
296 KB, 399x286
>>702669777
I can't believe you spoiled your trips this badly. You shouldn't be here anyways you have a high school class to be in right now you fucking terrible excuse for a pregnancy.
>>
>>702664245
>I stopped smoking the wakky toe-backie because my brain chemistry changed. It was not pleasant anymore.
That's why I switched to Opiates, before they were cool. How I wished I never had tasted such sweetness...

>Athesism, Theism, et al. Are you not a spiritual being? Have you not been to space? How has Organized Religion complimented your "life style"???

>Yeah, I know. I stay away from Testicle Fruit. Bananas though, mmmm

>I'm somewhat allergic to dairy protein. So, I wouldn't know.

>Lol, no! Cats can be more fun at times. Dogs tend to stay far more loyal. I prefer both over either though.

>Fucking Hipster....

>They both suck. Vote Libertarian.

>It's better/deadlier with RedBull. None of that Monster shit.
>>
>>702671392
Its codien cough syrup mixed with gasoline nigger no fucking way
>>
>>702672919
Look man, i agree with you. I even pondered over the food question you mentioned before you even brought it up, but thats how the shit is designed. you see a lot of definitions are off like that, including atheism, racism, and a variety of other words that people use differently in real life as opposed to "muh strict autistic definitions".
>>
>>702673098
>I just think youre gross
Reply back after you hit puberty you pizza faced homo.
>>
>>702664245
We agree on most, but you are WRONG AS FUCK on the following;

>guacamole is disgusting.
It's delicious, fuck you.
>anything smothered in cheese is disgusting.
Anything/Everything with cheese is delicious. Just like anything deep fried.
>Straight jaegermeister is delicious.
It tastes like 100% black licorice (and just like jellybeans and people IRL, no one likes the black ones).

You're an alright guy OP. I like you.
>>
>>702673349

I'm not saying you should try it, asshat... I'm saying that the previous poster didn't understand what he was saying.

All opioids carry risks.
>>
>>702668324
>nuclear power should be utilized more broadly
I think we can get along
>racism costs us all money
>police should be held to the same rules of engagement as the military
>university loans should be wiped clean with bankruptcy
>feminism has served a useful purpose
>antivaxxers should be sterilized
>government healthcare isn't a terrible idea
>global warming is real
>Muslims are not as big of assholes as we are led to believe
>there should be different classes of citizen based on your contribution to society
Oh my bad
>>
Unpopular Opinions thread.

>Weed is for losers who can't function without being intoxicated. It doesn't cure cancer, it feels terrible, yes I've tried it many times. All studies saying otherwise are trying to legalize for a new trillion dollar industry.
Weed is just like alcohol. There are plenty of people who can use it in moderation and it should be legalized and used as a trillion dollar industry
>Atheism hasn't been cool since the 90s. Yes, organized religion kinda sucks, but believing in nothing is worse than believing in a bearded sky daddy. At least look at some of the scientific possibilities before you shit on people with your superiority complex, neckbeard.
>science is how god did shit not why things happened
>guacamole is disgusting.
Agreed
>anything smothered in cheese is disgusting.
Hell no but alot of things are
>cats are 1000% better than dogs.
Cats are dicks and
>litter boxes
>Reservoir dogs, boondock saints, and 90% of all Quentin Tarantino movies are shit tier and the people who like them are usually shit tier as well.
Their good movies and you just dont enjoy movies in general
>Trump will be an INFINITELY better president than Hillary. If you do your research, you'll discover that most of the ridiculous shit trump said in his early campaign was for billions of dollars in free media coverage to see what crazy thing he was going to say next. He used this to counteract the idea that his candidacy was a joke.
Agreed
>Straight jaegermeister is delicious.
Super agreed
>>
>>702664245
I can't believe someone saved my philosophy dick meme. Thanks, OP!
>>
>>702673383

Fair enough. We're probably more in agreement about this than we'd be if we weren't browsing 4chan.
>>
>>702673499
Ill reply back whenever i want faggot, whether i hit puberty or not. I like you. Youre a garbage troll, but youre trying, and i can appreciate that.
>>
>>702673581
see>>702672013
>>
>>702664245
>it feels terrible, yes I've tried it many times.
thats because its different for everyone. if you dont like it, thats all there is to it.
>>
>>702673919
Its like that with most of us on this site.
>>
>>702665882
I disagree simply because drinking is supposed to be a social occasion and some people are too much of a pussy to play outside of drinking games i.e girls and your /r9k/ friends
>>
File: you.gif (2 MB, 350x485) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you.gif
2 MB, 350x485
>>702673979
>Ill reply back whenever i want faggot, whether i hit puberty or not.
Gayest sentence on this anus of a website I have ever seen.
>>
File: 1300568538048.jpg (61 KB, 487x650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1300568538048.jpg
61 KB, 487x650
>>702664245
>Bill Murray is overrated
>Transgenderism is a real phenomenon. People suffering from it deserve compassion.
>War in Iraq/Afghanistan was justified, albeit handled poorly
>The United States is not the enemy of the world
>McDonalds is excellent. Most McDonalds hate is from bandwagon sheep who saw Supersize Me, yet still enjoy the food when they eat it.
>Porn stars are mostly unattractive
>Big tits are unattractive
>>
>>702674094
>unpopular opinion thread
>opinion
>>
>>702674102

True. My whole point was just that it's actually a decent drug that just happens to be commonly available in a form filled with contaminants that are actually pretty easy to clean out with little effort.
>>
>>702664245

Literally everything you said is total nonsense, except that cats are better than dogs and that Boondock Saints sucks ass.

My unpopular opinion: infanticide isn't murder in the same way killing an older child or adult would be.
>>
>>702669777
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>702674350
>>Transgenderism is a real phenomenon. People suffering from it deserve compassion.

No. They deserve absolutely nothing.
>>
>>702674350
Gay as fuck/10
>>
>>702664245
Why is that whenever someone has an unpopular opinion people often tries to change their mind to match with the unpopular opinion... Why cant we all just have different opinions and feel happy about it
>>
>>702674282
Theres more to doing this than just trying to provoke the other party member. Im giving you your (you)'s for free. You can either stop being a fag and do better, or you can keep sucking kike dick and well, fuck it up.
>>
>>702674350
>>702664245 (OP)
>Bill Murray is overrated
Hes a good actor
>Transgenderism is a real phenomenon. People suffering from it deserve compassion.
It'sa real mental disorder and they deserve counselling
>War in Iraq/Afghanistan was justified, albeit handled poorly
Should have been iran tbh
>The United States is not the enemy of the world
True
>McDonalds is excellent. Most McDonalds hate is from bandwagon sheep who saw Supersize Me, yet still enjoy the food when they eat it.
Mcdonalds is what you pay for cheap and shit
>Porn stars are mostly unattractive
Thats why they wear makeup
>Big tits are unattractive
I bet you kiss girls too you faggot
>>
>>702670007
What
>>
>>702674698

Because that's not as fun and your a faggot
>>
>>702673020
>>702673284
>>702674597

trips of truth, faggots.
where are your nigger opinions?
>>
>>702674638

They deserve at least to be left the fuck alone, and not be the cornerstone subject matter of conservative hysteria. Conservatives shriek like women more than transgenders do.
>>
>>702674698
Where the fuck do you think you are, kid?
>>
>>702674848
They should be treated the same as any other person with a mental disorder
>>
>>702674830
Try harding to be funny...
>>
>>702664245
>Unpopular opinions threads are for attention seeking contrarian edgelords
>Alt right fags are the scum of the earth, and are worse than niggers, jews, feminazis, and literally everyone else
>Feminism and socialism can save the world
>>
>Trump will be an INFINITELY better president than Hillary. If you do your research, you'll discover that most of the ridiculous shit trump said in his early campaign was for billions of dollars in free media coverage to see what crazy thing he was going to say next. He used this to counteract the idea that his candidacy was a joke.

OP, you said unpopular opinions, not popular ones.
>>
>>702674698
Its called the human condition and everyone is too insecure with themselves at an unconscious level to be true individuals. People have an innate urge to belong so they can feel valued, appreciated, and understood, and in doing so, theyre willing to sacrifice their individuality. Its usually only unconscious, so theyre hardly aware.
>>
File: 1459220809724.jpg (21 KB, 479x590) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459220809724.jpg
21 KB, 479x590
>>702674710
>You can either stop being a fag
Then stop sucking my dick the whole way through this comment thread.
>>
>>702674933
In your mother basement chilling
>>
>>702674848
They deserve NOTHING.
>>
>>702674848
>they have a mental disorder
>just leave them alone

considering liberalism is also a mental disorder i understand you wanting to have a buddy in the asylum but you both need treatment badly.
>>
>>702674710
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>702674729
>>702673780
>>702671748
Always gotta be the autist in these threads
>>
>>702675028

>Unpopular opinions threads are for attention seeking contrarian edgelords
True but the pointless arguments are fun and entertaining
>Alt right fags are the scum of the earth, and are worse than niggers, jews, feminazis, and literally everyone else
Duh
>Feminism and socialism can destroy the world and already have before
>>
>>702664245
>Weed is for losers
How is this unpopular opinion? Did abnormality became the majority while I wasn't looking?

>Atheism hasn't been cool since the 90s.
It's not meant to be cool, it's meant to be the plain old boring truth. As opposed to religion promising literally magic and life after death.

>Trump will be an INFINITELY better president than Hillary.
Also not unpopular opinion, just paid Killary shills are trying to convince you that most people are with her.
>>
>>702675110
That's the gayest thing I've ever heard
>>
>>702675001
>>702675288

As far as I can tell, transgenders have never done shit to me. If they're not a danger to themselves or others, then leave them the fuck alone. If they're depressed, treat them, because that's a mental disorder. Otherwise they're just people. Conservative purity-reaction hysteria isn't a reason to fuck with people, no matter how much you bitch and whine about it. Grow the fuck up, shitheads.
>>
>>702675433
Says the autist
>>
>>702672499

Apparently not. If you examine it you'll notice how there is a base difference in people who are aware of this truth and how they act regarding all things.
>>
Tfw

I have a structured settlement and I need cash now.
Call J.G. Wentworth!
877 CASH NOW
I have an annuity but I need cash now.
Call J.G. Wentworth!
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
They've helped thousands, they'll help you, too.
One lump sum of cash they will pay to you.
If you get long term payments but you need cash now
Call J.G. Wentworth
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
Call jg wentworth
877 CASH NOW!
CALL NOW..
>>
>>702675110
I am aware and i think everyone is people just choose to hide it put a veil on it I'm not sure why
>>
>>702675470
See
>>702670258
Leave it to autists to think that their opinion is the only correct opinion.
>>
>>702675607
They're like Vegans. They seize any chance they get to bring it up and shove it in your face
>>
>>702675607
>lying about who they are
>violent outbursts and protests
>>
>>702675288
>considering liberalism is also a mental disorder

Yeah I know, fucking with people for no reason and masturbating in your own feces to religious witch doctors and being suspicious of scientists is the healthy way to be.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 255x191) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 255x191
>>702675647
I love this guy
>>
>>702670258
>Develop your own beliefs
If you have to be a magical unique snowflake, sure. It's no different than writing a fantasy book.
>>
>>702675737

Fine, if they lie to me trying to get me in bed, I'll be pissed then. Maybe you had a bad experience, I dunno, but until that happens there's still no reason to fuck with them, and the only reason it's talked about and comes up in threads like this is because of pants-wetting conservative hysteria and cowardice whenever they consider something unusual.
>>
>>702664245
>Weed is no more addictive than TV is. People who are dependent on it are only dependent because they think they need it to be happy. It severely reduces seizures in people who have chronic seizures due to certain disorders. It also treats glaucoma, and it's a hell of an appetite stimulant and painkiller, and the sid effects are mild as fuck compared to damn near every narcotic medicine on the planet. I don't really care if it gets legalized recreationally or not, but not legalizing it medically is a crime against humanity. Its versatile medical applications are not opinions, they're facts.

>Fuck anybody who claims to know how the universe came to be, christian, atheist or otherwise.

>Guacamole is pretty horrible
>Define "smothered"
>Cats don't give a fuck about anything but themselves. Dogs will throw themselves into a fire to save you.
>I don't like Trump at all, but anything's better than Hillary
>Straight Jaeger is pretty good
>>
>>702675748
>Not being liberal means im conservative
>masturbating in your own feces to religious witch doctors
>being suspicious of scientists

Boy you need help, the indoctrination is strong
>>
>>702675619
Shit boy you just got triggered huh
>>
>the 1% needs to be assassinated ASAP
>anyone who's voting in the upcoming election is an idiot
>all drugs need to be legal
>all religions need to be illegal
>daily meditation is key
>we've been to the moon, we're probably still there, but that "One small step for man, etc.," footage is fake as fuck
>NASA is a television show.....the real space program will never be revealed to the public
>aliens exist
>social media has got to go
>almost everything we've been taught in school is a lie
>white people are the best
>black people are the worst
>homosexuality doesn't exist, only stupid people with stupid parents
>most people will never be happy
>most people don't deserve to have children
>money + socialism will never work.....socialism - money will
>>
>>702676007
>says the triggered
>>
>>702675894
>immediately calling anything not as plain as a plastic white cup 'fantasy'

I think your mother is calling, it's time for bed.
>>
>>702675724
> They seize any chance they get to bring it up and shove it in your face
>>702675737
>>lying about who they are

Do you understand why everyone with a brain thinks conservatives are a desperately malfunctioning variety of retard? No, of course you don't. Here, just so you know: You're defective human organisms with immoral values directed at fucking with others for no reason. You're dangerous; you're a contagion; and your deaths would not be a misfortune. The rest of us will be better off when you're gone.
>>
> Drugs are for weakminded people.
>Women have too much power nowadays and if it grows the world will be in a serious place.
>Black people are fine, Niggers are scum
>>
>>702665882
The point is to add some friendly, fun competition to a party. It's not really about getting drunk- people are going to do that regardless. It's just giving people something fun to do in the process
>>
>>702676004

Oh, you're not a conservative then? A mere authoritarian? Maybe an Objectivist/Libertarian?
>>
>>702676249
>being this mad over being a degenerate scum
>projecting this much that no one will miss you when you die
>>
>>702676086
>I make up my own theory randomly with zero basis on science
Unless you can publish a paper on it which doesn't get laughed at by every single physicist in the world, then it's literally fantasy, anon.
>>
>>702667085
i dont think the league of legends one is unpopular. hell the people who play it fucking hate it more than the people who don't
>>
People with severe genetic defects should not be able to breed, and criminals should not be able to raise children
>>
>>702665882
Drinking games are fun, you alcoholic faggot. They add comradery to the occasion.

What kind of loser just drinks themselves to a stupor for its own sake? An alcoholic, that's who.
>>
>>702664245
Literally everything you said is wrong. I hope your mom gets cancer and that you get to watch her slowly die.
>>
>i hate smoking weed
>i hate people who think they are superior over other people
>i hate marvel comics and all of that super hero bullshit
>i hate games/tv shows with medieval themes
>i hate asswipe atheists
>i hate any trendy people who are pushy about their beliefs
>i hate gays, trannies and LGBT people who push their agenda ALL THE TIME
>i hate and prejudice minorites - jews included
>i hate people who trust in the government completely

none of this is false
>>
>>702664245
i'd like to tell something about atheism : the one you are talking about are the american atheist. not starting a Europe vs USA fight, only cultural differencies. In europe, or at least in my country, religion isn't the samething than in the usa (again all i know about it is tv show + movies + tv news + 4chan ), in the usa you have to believe in something that's why there's that many Church, in here those churches would have been called sects, you guys have to vow on a holly book when in a court and your motto is "in God we trust". what i want to point out is that usa is a very religious country, therefore atheist have to make a religion of their atheism to fill the blank left by their disbelief and they look and act like autist. In less religious countries atheist just don't believe, you know, they don't act like vegan about their atheism, they don't feel superior to other about that and thus they donc look like autist, (and btw i'm catholic)

TLDR : atheism is retarded almost only in very religious country
USA is very religious
atheist in USA act like if they have autismo
as you may have noticed, English isn't my mother language
>>
>>702676442
>>being this mad over being a degenerate scum
>being this mad over being a degenerate scum
>projecting this much that no one will miss you when you die

CTR is gang stalking you. Better get your gun.
>>
File: image.gif (10 KB, 100x100) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.gif
10 KB, 100x100
>>702676249
We're watching dogs
>>
>>702676447
>needing everyone to like me and my ideas in order to feel validated
Beta faggot. You have no idea what my theories are, or what sciences I pull them from. Get out, troll.
>>
>>702676812
I could not decipher your post - you have very bad London.
>>
>>702676442
>>degenerate scum

Educate yourself (you won't, but you can't say you haven't been told).

http://cap.sagepub.com/content/20/2/203.abstract
>>
>>702676900
>I'm right, literally every scientist in the world is wrong for not understanding me
You're getting very close to blind religion, anon.
>>
>>702676751
>i hate marvel comics and all of that super hero bullshit
You take that back
>>
>>702676012
Mostly agree here, except:
>anyone voting is just trying to make sure they get the slightly less shitty option
>religion, or anything else that people can make a conscious choice to believe in, shouldn't be illegal, but it should definitely be completely separated from politics, and fanatics should be dealt with as harshly as they want to see "heretics" dealt with
>homosexuality exists, if two men have sex with each other and avoid females, they're homosexual. It's literally the definition
>>
>>702676900
Of course cause those science are completely made up
>>
>>702676012
Continued

>the Germans were the good guys during WWII
>ALL Jews deserve genocide
>the cure for everything has already been discovered, but big pharma makes money
>free energy has already been discovered, but you can't make money off of "free"
>if you don't know who Nikola Tesla is, kill yourself
>if you're fat, kill yourself
>>
>>702668958
>psychopathy is a distinctly advantageous trait as long as you have impulse-control and aren't sadistic.

psychopaths have no concept of a justified good. They just don't. They have a view of the world which would leave you to assume you're most succesful when you're dead, but they deny that conclusion, instead getting stuck at evolutionary wants and needs.


It's pathetic.
>>
>All offices of gov should have term limits of 2 4 year terms
>all offices should have a max salary of 100k except the president who gets 250k
>bribing an official should be a capital offense
>we should exxecute death row inmates in the fastest cheapest method disregarding "humane treatment."
>false rape accusations should result in the accuser doing double the time their victim did as well as paying their victims fines and legal fees
>welfare should be earned after 5 years of working only. Then only available for 6 months before working another 5.
>you should have to be completly bedridden or completely mentally unfunctioning to draw disability
>>
File: undead killing gas.jpg (446 KB, 666x1134) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
undead killing gas.jpg
446 KB, 666x1134
Why haven't you embraced the one universal truth yet?
>>
>>702677113
>every scientist in the world is wrong
Your trolling is getting very close to autism. I don't think you've actually read anything any scientist has ever published about his/her theories, practices or personal beliefs. I don't even think you really understand anything about science, seems more like you use it as a buzzword to show off your lack of belief like you're a vegan.
>>
>>702676751
so many edges
>>
>>702677261
You honestly believe science is made up?
>>
File: modern life.jpg (122 KB, 960x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
modern life.jpg
122 KB, 960x640
>>702677147

tbh all the people that watch these things are normies.
>>
>>702677474
I'm not sure how to answer this because you literally didn't say anything of value, just threw some random insults at me.
>>
File: lib.jpg (67 KB, 634x566) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lib.jpg
67 KB, 634x566
>>>>pic related
>>>pic related
>>pic related
>pic related
>>pic related
>>>pic related
>>>>pic related
>>
>>Shitposting is valuable to society
>>William Blake
>>dog is better than cat poetically
>>comma and write good overrate
>>
>>702667085
>the Ghostbusters movie didn't suck ass because there were women, it sucked because nearly every fucking remake is just some hollywood bullshit that they know will make money because they're using nostalgia to get you to watch it

It kind of is bad because of the all-woman cast, but not just because they're women. The reason that's bad is that pleasing SJWs is all Hollywood needs to focus on nowadays to make money. They can completely neglect the actual substance of any movie as long as all races/sexes/whatever are portrayed in an equally glorifying light. Every other aspect of the movie can suck ass and it will still get good reviews as long as it's being "progressive".
>>
I personally think that fucking drunk girls is the lamest shit you can do. There's no glory in it, and if you're not drunk and she is, it's kinda rape (though not really recognized by authorities). Go out and put effort into getting laid. If you're a total sack of shit, use getting laid as your motivation to get fucking yoked. It seems too easy to fuck drunk chicks, so half of the whole point is gone.
>>
>>702677783
he basically said that without knowing what he believes stating that his beliefs go against science shows that you have a very warped idea of what that is.
>>
>>702677783
Kind of what you were doing, right? You never read anything I said. You just saw that my beliefs didn't fall under the 'atheist' category and started throwing the usual 'what a tard for discrediting science' argument when I did no such thing. My beliefs aren't based on any organized religion, and are pieced together from the books that I've read and the physics classes I've taken in college. You didn't really care what they were, you just did the typical 4chan thing and mindlessly bashed them. That's some serious Strawmanning, guy.
>>
>>702678152
Theres nothing wrong with fucking drunk girls as long as they are mostly coherent
>>
>>702677295

False. It's just not intuitive to us. We can understand why it's a valuable concept on an intellectual level though.

I'm mid-high on the scale and for a variety of reasons, I've made ethics a primary study. The lack of normal emotional compulsion involved means we're superb at things like trolley problems.
>>
>>702674563
I agree with this. It's like a story that never really started. Much less is lost.
>>
>OP isn't always faggot
>>
My opinion?

I have a structured settlement and I need cash now.
Call J.G. Wentworth!
877 CASH NOW
I have an annuity but I need cash now.
Call J.G. Wentworth!
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
They've helped thousands, they'll help you, too.
One lump sum of cash they will pay to you.
If you get long term payments but you need cash now
Call J.G. Wentworth
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
877 CASH NOW
Call jg wentworth
877 CASH NOW!
CALL NOW..
>>
>>702665882
Meh drinking games were created to give a fun twist to drinking to see who would get drunk first
>>
>>702678717
You forgot 'They've helped thousands they'll help you too, one lump sum of cash they will pay to you"
>>
>>702678344
If your beliefs aren't "there is no god or afterlife", then they are literally fantasy book tier, and automatically trash.
>>
>>702677241
>it's already been decided, it's the illusion of choice to pacify the masses
>people need to believe in themselves and that's it, period
>you're missing my point......homosexuality doesn't "actually" exist....people only "think" that it does, therefore it "does"..... Homosexuality is a choice, obviously. These people have terribly, terribly low self esteem. They hate who they are, so they find a "mirror". Life only works with male and female......that's how it continues.
>>
>>702678480
>False. It's just not intuitive to us. We can understand why it's a valuable concept on an intellectual level though.

see, you have no idea of justified good. "A valuable concept" for what exactly? Basic evolutionary needs and wants, personal will to power. As soon as you take one more step to complex evolutionary needs, you don't even have to go into any abstract angle, it's already not valuable anymore, since the reckless is worse for the survival of the greater tribe than the compassionate.


But even from there, if you say no, in actuallity it IS good for the collective, then you still have to justify why that's good. A psychopath would say: Oh, nothing matters, but this is just the thing I wanna do, so I do it. Which means, if he were to die, he'd have achieved the ultimate goal: The identity of what he's doing with what he wants to do.
>>
File: 1414624682533.jpg (584 KB, 1744x2927) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1414624682533.jpg
584 KB, 1744x2927
>>702678890
Troll. Is this pic you?
>>
>>702677611
Not the guy you're quoting, but it could be. It's definitely better than religion, but throughout history, people were brainwashed into believing that religion was absolute truth, based on accounts of what others said. That was their "proof". A large majority of what scientists say is made up of claims your averge Joe will never get to test for themselves, and is then written down into a book as fact, which people take as truth, and spread to others. It's the exact same process through which religion is spread.

A lot of the general public has evolved in intelligence and no longer believe 100% in religion; is it really that far of a stretch to consider that the ability to fool and brainwash people has evolved just as much?

Just something to consider, not something to base your life off of. I think the odds of this situation being true are quite low, but not outside the realm of possibility
>>
>>702679367
Definitely more believable than religion, I should have said.
>>
>>702664245
there's a reason those opinions are unpopular, they're garbage.
>>
>>702679570
Religious beliefs and science don't have to be mutually exclusive. This is a farce most people don't understand, and instead of considering possibilities of alien life being intelligent enough to create universes they just make it a black and white argument on Illogical Skydaddy vs Illogical Spontaneous Creation.

God doesn't have to mean point blank "jehova" or "shiva" or whatever. I think a better definition of it could be 'creator of creation'. If that definition holds, which I think it does, than I can confidently state 'I believe in God".
>>
>>702680141
>I think a better definition of it could be 'creator of creation'.
even better is the raison d'etre of being.
>>
>>702679091

It's difficult or more likely impossible to justify fundamental goods logically regardless of your mental state.

Also, you might not be aware of what psychopathy actually. Broadly speaking, it's a simple lack of the ability to feel certain negative emotions in certain circumstances.

I can and do feel empathy for others, I just can't feel much in the way of guilt, shame, or embarrassment. I simply make a point of being motivated by making my loved ones happier rather than reacting against my own (nonexistent) negative feelings.

It's valuable for so many reasons. I can comfort stressed or grieving loved ones easier since their emotions don't just randomly change mine. I can act more courageously, because a room full of people criticizing me doesn't bother me a bit. When I give charity, I do it because I really want to, not because I'm obligated by an abstract idea.

We're not unaware of the game-theoretic realities behind morality... we're just acting freely when we abide by it.

The Wisdom of Psychopaths by Kevin Dutton is a great book on the topic from this perspective if you're interested.
>>
>>702680500

(cont)
Who's more moral anyway? The guy who does something nice because he likes to, or the guy who does it because he feels compelled to?

I happen to like being nice to people even though I'd feel fine if I didn't. I think that's a more agentive morality than being motivated by a fear of feeling guilty.
>>
>>702667263
If you don't mind, i'm going to shitpost this in a few threads in the future
>>
>>702678891
>You're almost certainly right, but you can't claim to know that for a fact. You're not a top government official, you don't know exactly what goes on up there.
>Yeah, they do, but it shouldn't be illegal to believe something else. There's no harm in that aspect itself. The harm comes from how much religion rules over society, and how far some people take it.
>Homosexuality exists, period, because it's a clearly-defined, scientific behavior. It purely relates to the sexual acts involved. The emotional attraction aspect could be argued either way- there are no clear established facts pertaining to what causes it at this poit. It's definitely not the byproduct of low self-esteem, though. Plenty of people who have had normal, healthy lives the whole way through end up being homosexual. A lot of the time, they'll develop low self-esteem after the fact because of the harassment they face as a result of society's mixed views on homosexuality, but that's an effect, not a cause.
>Also, most people don't care to have kids or think it's important to keep the species moving anymore, so the whole "naturality" argument doesn't really work at this point
>>
>>702680500
>It's difficult or more likely impossible to justify fundamental goods logically regardless of your mental state.

that's why there's morality and religion. And the more reasonable of the two, the psychopath rejects. That is the abstract idea you're not motivated by, and that would lead you to logically sound action in the real world. It would not be argued fully from the ground up, but it would be internally consistant. What you are doing is denying the existance of value implicitely and then saying your state of being is valuable. And why? Because of the narcissistic tendencies that come with psychopathy that require you to feel special.

>Also, you might not be aware of what psychopathy actually. Broadly speaking, it's a simple lack of the ability to feel certain negative emotions in certain circumstances.

psychopathy, or dissocial personality is defined by the lack of empathy and guilt. No need to be vague.

>I can and do feel empathy for others, I just can't feel much in the way of guilt, shame, or embarrassment. I simply make a point of being motivated by making my loved ones happier rather than reacting against my own (nonexistent) negative feelings.

seems you're just antisocial. I guess we could subsumize that under psychopathy, seeing as it's not a well defined scientific term.
>>
>>702680851
>Who's more moral anyway? The guy who does something nice because he likes to, or the guy who does it because he feels compelled to?

the guy who does something nice out of respect for the moral law.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 37
Thread DB ID: 78607



Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.