Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Is it weird to start university at 23 ? I'm French and

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: dunster_large.png (394 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
dunster_large.png
394 KB, 610x343
Is it weird to start university at 23 ?

I'm French and dropped school for 2 years without any degree, i restarted back last year and entered for a scientific 3 years high school diploma. I did one year so i still have 2 more years to go (just started 2nd year last week).

After that i'd like to go study in the US, the thing is that i'll be turning 23 on summer 2018. So i'd like to know if that'd be weird. Won't students accept me or stuffs like that ? Will i look like a moron in dorms since usually people of my age are in Masters ?

Or maybe people won't give a fuck at all cause i'll be the one who gets the drinks and shits like that ? Uni students, please tell me what you think :)
>>
nah mate, you won't be an old fart if you're 23 at a university
>>
>>702538389

Thanks man i'm so pleased to read that. I hope that younger people in their 20s won't see my age as a barrier, i just don't wanna be too old to be able to appreciate the "university life"
>>
You're too old 4 ""University Lyfe"", but not 2 old 4 University. I'm 24, about to b 25, and i just started @ a community college
>>
>>702538261
Don't u dare live in the dorms
>>
What is your university ?
>>
>>702539099

Well i'm not too old for university you're right, there are people 30+ going there, there's no age to get a education. But the thing is that i'll still want to take part into parties and things like that, and i'm scared that people will be like "wow he's too old he's probably not someone you can have fun with" and other blabla like that...
>>
>>702539099
I'm just going to learn how to build buildings in the USA
will take 3 yrs total
>>
>>702539179

Why that ?
>>
>>702538261
Je crois les américains ils ont pleins de mecs à la fac qui commencent plus tard, parce qu'avant pour se payer la fac ils ont été faire 5 ans dans l'armée ou un truc comme ça. Donc tu seras pas trop vieux.

Par contre avoir 21 ans et être au lycée comment ça doit craindre du cul
>>
>>702539467

I don't know yet, an "organism company" in France will manage that for me as it's kinda hard to be able to do that alone with all the papers
>>
>>702538261
not at all - lots of people start College later. If you do come to the US to complete your studies - call it College. If you say you're going to University people will look at you funny.
>>
>>702539545
J'espère juste ne pas être trop vieux pour quand même m'amuser, aller à des fêtes ect.. Après pour apprendre ça posera pas de problème, je veux surtout bien m'intégrer ! :)

Et puis ici je suis en S donc ça va les gens sont matures ils s'en branlent
>>
Lemme guess OP, u want to go to parties in order 2 have sex with college chicks/dudes?
>>
>>702539708

Well i've seen people saying college for small universities so i'm kinda lost ahah. Do you still uses "college" for a university that counts 10K+ students ?
>>
>>702539669
And in France ? Which one is it ?
>>
>>702539900
Yeah but only the chicks part tho :)
>>
>>702540006
University means there are different "colleges"inside
>>
>>702540055
Well probably WEP, ISPA, or Calvin Thomas
>>
>>702540081
Parties are the easiest environment for sex, but for me, hanging out with a bunch of ppl 3+yrs younger than i is wrong.
>>
>>702540104
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that out dude
>>
Have u ever picked up a girl?
>>
>>702540278

Well i know people who are 15, but mentally sounds like they're 20. I think it's just a mentality issue. I don't personally have any trouble about hanging out with someone 3 years younger or older than me if they act mature.
>>
>>702540499
Yes, but i'm not only getting there for sex don't get me wrong. I wanna get an education, and hopefully find opportunities of work and maybe a wife and this kind of shit.
>>
>>702540550
When i was 20 i hung out with this 40 yr old, on the other hand.
>>
>>702540719
Was he in your college ? What kind of thing were you both doing ?
>>
>>702538261
been there done that
tu ne regretteras jamais ce choix.
>>
>>702540820
Just chillin, sometimes jamming musically, went to a open mic night.
>>
>>702540820
No he wasnt incollege.
>>
>>702541165
You're French or from another country ? Were you also 23 when you entered university ? Which one ? And i already know that i won't regret a thing :)
>>
>>702541414
What'll u major in?
>>
Turned 24 few days ago and currently at my 3d and last year of Languages&Mediation. People won't give a flying fuck about your age unless you're over 30 and neither you should give a fuck about what people might think. And unless you're complete garbage, desperate and utterly ugly you'll be fine. Eventually you'll grow bored of the entire campus population since it will be composed mostly by manchild, stoner and intellectual-wannabe chicks.
>>
>>702541414
Belge

Décrochage scolaire 4 ans. Boulots pour handicapés mentaux.

Terminé mes secondaires + 4 années à l'unif

Riche. Et je vis au soleil.
>>
>>702541698
Don't listen to this guy, he went to college 4 something he didnt have 2 go 4
>>
>>702541671

Well i'm not sure yet. As i said i'm in a Scientific "path" right now. If i get tired of maths & physics after my diploma i'll probably go around marketing/business or something like that. Or if i'm not tired of these, probably mechanical engineering !
>>
>>702541960
Math can be learned from a book, physics can't
>>
>>702541759

Ah d'accord, et tu as étudié où du coup ? Et tu vis aux US maintenant ?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.