Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

I don't know what your beliefs are, but I want to share

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 60
File: cross 2.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cross 2.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
I don't know what your beliefs are, but I want to share my faith with you. Faith in God and his Son can bring you joy and happiness. God loves us. He sent his Son to die for us so that our sins could be forgiven. Even if you are skeptical, please take a look at this page with an open mind.

http://www.jesusisprecious.org/fundamentals/how_to_be_saved.htm

1. All have sinned and therefore cannot enter into Heaven on their own accord

Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”

Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”

2. There is a price on our sin―eternal death in Hell. The Lake of Fire

Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

3. Jesus lived a sinless life and shed his blood on the cross so we could be forgiven.

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”

4. Through faith ALONE we are immediately saved.

John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”

Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
>>
File: NIGGA HOLD UP.jpg (31 KB, 480x628) Image search: [Google]
NIGGA HOLD UP.jpg
31 KB, 480x628
yo this is /b/

you're on a list now and someone, somewhere, is fapping furiously in your direction
>>
Religion has caused nothing but the hindrance of humanity's progress and the suffering and killings of innocents. Your "God" can't save anything. Your "God" doesn't exist. Your "God" is the root and stem of all evil.
>>
File: 20150622_050024.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150622_050024.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Amen
>>
>>702338745
HAIL SATAN FAGGOT
>>
>>702339098
/thread
>>
>>702339098
>>702339231

Underage b&
>>
>>702339368

Underage b&
>>
>>702339098
You have a very myopic understanding of history
>>
your god is full of Hypocrisy
>>
File: Cross 1.jpg (1 MB, 2946x1951) Image search: [Google]
Cross 1.jpg
1 MB, 2946x1951
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." —Psalm 14:1

Atheism is a belief system that ardently denies the existence of God. God calls the atheist a FOOL! Many atheists spend much time and effort attempting to "disprove" that God exists. According to Romans Chapter 1, they know that He exists, but they want to control their own lives and not submit to the Lord. They are actually rather tragic figures, just like any other unsaved individual. It is hard to live out their atheism--if they did, they'd actually be considered crazy like O'Hair was.

The atheist's RELIGION (which is simply a system of beliefs based on a philosophy) of atheism is simply a way to try to block out and override the truth--the ol' ostrich-head-in-the-sand technique:

If you try to tell 'em the truth, they say "Shut up!"
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Atheism/atheism.htm
>>
File: flames.jpg (969 KB, 4800x3200) Image search: [Google]
flames.jpg
969 KB, 4800x3200
Most atheists have what I call the Don Quixote Syndrome. Let me explain. Cervantes wrote a book about Don Quixote a long time ago. Don Quixote would attack windmills as if they were his enemies. Of course a windmill is nobody's enemy. If what the atheist believes is REALLY his belief, then he would leave people like me alone. After all, if God did not exist, He and His followers would be no enemy to the atheist. We'd just be deluded people.

Therefore IF the atheist REALLY believes there is no God and the fool attacks a Christian, then he has the Don Quixote Syndrome because the Christian is not his enemy. Nevertheless, God is real and THAT is why atheists have all these organizations and debates to "prove" that God does not exist. Atheist reader, if you would just be true to what you purport to believe, then you wouldn't have the Don Quixote Syndrome.

My old pastor once ministered to an old atheist who had been a card-carrying atheist for decades--but as he laid on his death bed, he wanted a pastor. I don't know if he got saved or not. When it's time to die, many atheists are understandably uneasy and those that aren't should be terrified.

There is hope for the atheist. He can be saved. In fact, there are plenty of atheists that have come to Jesus Christ. I refuse to argue with them, but will answer honest questions. Unfortunately, many atheists ignorantly say hard things against the Lord Jesus Christ and His people. Don't let fancy titles and big words shake your faith in the One who holds your eternal destiny.

Think about this: What does the atheist have to offer you? Eternal life? Spiritual comfort? Love? Kindness? Comfort in the midnight hour when no one is around? No, none of these. He has nothing to offer you but blasphemy, hell-fire and the wrath of God.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Atheism/atheism.htm
>>
>>702339826

if we can't disprove go, why don't you try and prove god
>>
>>702339866
too bad i don't want to be saved i would rather be happy and free then believe in a book full of lies and hate
>>
>>702338745
You said you will answer questions.

One of the things that has always bothered me is Noah's ark. Can you explain how Noah fit 2 of every animal from all over the world on a boat?
>>
>>702339866
>What does the atheist have to offer you? Eternal life? Spiritual comfort? Love? Kindness? Comfort in the midnight hour when no one is around? No, none of these.

so christianity's a matrix blue pill then
>>
prove that christianity is the right religion and the thousands of other religious beliefs are wrong
>>
>>702339826
How does someone figure out which holy book is true, out of all that have been written? Can your method of deciding be tested?
>>
>>702340639
If not, what does that say about the reliability of that method?
>>
File: dsadsasadsad.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
dsadsasadsad.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>702340261
It must have been a big ark.

Evidence of the flood:

https://answersingenesis.org/the-flood/global/worldwide-flood-evidence/

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-biblical-great-flood-noahs-time

https://www.icr.org/article/842/-happened/story?id=17884533

No proof of evolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmenIE0Dpxs
>>
>>702341246
Get real. AIG and icr.org?!??! You really don't know much, do you?
>>
3. Jesus lived a sinless life and shed his blood on the cross so we could be forgiven.

So I am already forgiven. What you whining about then!
>>
If heaven was real, why would anyone want to go there? It would be filled with annoying assholes like OP.
>>
Just wanted to say that I am a past Christian working my way through life.
I know my place, but I am just working things out on my own for now.

Let these people hate. One day, they will regret their decisions. (as will I, I am sure)

But thanks for having the gut to throw yourself into the pit of hell (/b/) to make a few of those that bother to even look, think about what they are doing in life.
I see you. You have been acknowledged.
>>
>>702341947
>>702338745

Samefag
>>
>>702341246
>It must had been a big ark

For you.
>>
to bad people will never realize that if there is a god we are nothing but sheep to him he neither loves us nor hates us we are animals to be killed for him in the end we are livestock
>>
>>702341232
The Bible has never been disproved.

The old testament was written hundreds of years before Jesus was born. He fulfilled over 300 prophecies. He fulfilled all the prophecies of the messiah. "1 person fulfilling 8 prophecies: 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 1 person fulfilling 48 prophecies: 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power 1 person fulfilling 300+ prophecies: Only Jesus!"

http://www1.cbn.com/biblestudy/biblical-prophecies-fulfilled-by-jesus

Why trust the Bible?

Here are several reasons why:

http://www.essentialbibleblog.com/2013/03/top-10-reasons-bible-is-true.html

1. Manuscript Evidence
2. Archaeological Evidence
3. Eyewitness Accounts
4. Corroborating Accounts
5. Literary Consistency
6. Prophetic Consistency
7. Expert Scrutiny
8. Leader Acceptance
9. Global Influence
10. Changed Lives.

>>702341590
You need to believe upon Him as your Lord and Savior. To repent means to change your mind. You need to repent and change your mind towards God.
>>
>>702342417
I wish you did not feel that way Anon.
Everyone has their own walk in life though.
Look at me, where I am at. Can't say I am very holy tight now.

At least I can admit to my faults.
Regardless of religion or god(s), we all could admit to out faults and become better people.
>>
This board needs more threads like these, just like the old /b/.
>>
And admitting that I am in no way a good Christian in my current state...
I love to rub peoples fur the wrong way so . . . . . . . .

/b/ is for /b/ible
LOL
Mystery solved.
>>
File: cross blue.jpg (103 KB, 554x739) Image search: [Google]
cross blue.jpg
103 KB, 554x739
>>702342417
That's not true. God loves us so much that he sent his only begotten son to die for our sins.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

God doesn't want anyone to go to Hell. He wants them to turn to Christ. He is a generous and loving God.

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

That's not to say that you shouldn't be afraid. We are supposed to have the fear of the Lord in us. It is foolish to evoke God's wrath.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
>>
>>702338745
I understand your ideas and faith but you must understand that 4chan isn't the place for religious posting especially Christianity.
>>
File: Bright cross!.jpg (77 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Bright cross!.jpg
77 KB, 900x675
I'm going to add this:

God is a jealous God. He wants you to worship Him. He doesn't like it when people worship other Gods than Him. We were made in His image, so it's entirely understandable..

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
(Exodus 34:14)
>>
I really am in disbelief at how civil this thread has remained.
Everyone else passed out drunk? Hahahaha

>>702343350
You are absolutely right, this is 4chan.
Floor /b/ to be exact.
Know what /b/ is for?
R A N D O M

You do not get to decide what gets posted or not.
At least this is better than 99% of the rest of the trash that is spammed every day.
You have to at least agree with that.
>>
File: dsasd.jpg (29 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
dsasd.jpg
29 KB, 480x680
>>702343350

You're wrong. God instructs us to share the faith and to preach to all the nations. This message is especially for those who don't know or believe.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? (Romans 10:14)

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)

If I was lost and without Jesus I would want someone to share the message with me. I don't want to suffer in Hell for eternity. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. Sorry if it offends you but it's the truth. You've been warned.
>>
File: Bible Sword 1.jpg (44 KB, 476x249) Image search: [Google]
Bible Sword 1.jpg
44 KB, 476x249
>>702341947
This is for you. Please take a look, friend.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/BTP/Dr_Curtis_Hutson/danger_of_delay.htm
>>
>>702343475
I hope you read from the KJV.
KJV was already construed poorly from the Greek and Hebrew.
All newer translations have only made it worse.

Only the KJV can be taken seriously with both literal and spiritual meanings.
When you do not understand a particular passage, speak to Jesus and he will make all clear.
>>
>>702344079
Yes I am very well aware of the risks I take.
I have been taught well. Just needed to see the dark side of the world for a while to help me appreciate where I came from.

But I do appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness.
Bless you Anon.
>>
Boo OP is faggot
>>
File: dsad.jpg (38 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
dsad.jpg
38 KB, 425x282
>>702344156

Thanks for the advice! A lot of people don't know it.

I read this article a while back.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/why_do_i_only_read_the_king_james.htm
>>
File: rainbow.jpg (125 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
rainbow.jpg
125 KB, 1024x679
>>702344393
I'm not sure what you mean exactly but you should become saved today, right now if you aren't already. Don't procrastinate.

We are saved through faith alone. Not through good deeds, lack of sin, or self righteousness.
>>
File: 1471851870494.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1471851870494.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>
>>702338745
Lol op r u just trying to make money off the advertising
>>
>>702338745
I will bet you are a paedophile.
Aren't you?
End the god illusion and free yourself from shame
>>
File: rainbow2.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rainbow2.jpg
404 KB, 1920x1080
>>702344743
I don't own the site. I don't know the author of those articles. Are you being serious or are you joking?

>>702344796

Nope, pedophilia is vile. One of the worst if not the worst sin. Why would you think that?
>>
Christians actually believe that their religion, unlike every other religion, is completely original and not derived of other religions before it.

This is despite the fact that their religion is among the newest of the hundreds, if not thousands found on earth, AND that it directly derives itself from Catholicism- which they deny adamantly and recognize as a cult.

There are so many high functioning lunatics in America, it's no wonder our election has boiled down to two snakes in human form.
>>
>>702344460
>>702344609
I grew up a devout Christian. My entire life was lived by strict rules.
There are many many Christians that falter and lose their way after living such a life.
It drives them to the point of insanity.

My goal is to experience part of the dark of the world, so that I appreciate my origins more.
I have not lost my sight or faith. Like I stated before, I know my place.
Jesus has not given up on me. There have been many chances for my life to end, and He let me know it to. I guess it's His way of keeping in touch.

I have a master plan in the back of my head. Goals that I want to meet, to grow as a person and become a better man.
I firmly believe that He looks down on my heart and sees my good intentions. That is why I still stand here today.
You sound like you are a new to Christ.
That is good. Very good. But let me give you some advice...

We can tell others about Jesus all day long. Most of them will regret the slightest mention of Christianity.
Be a living example. Your actions speak louder than any words ever could.
People will come up to you and ask questions, without you ever saying a word.

I speak from experience. Let His light shine through your actions, not your words.
>>
>>702345158
Why did jesus had to die to absolve us from our sins? I don't get it, this doesn't make sense. If god wanted to forgive us, he didn't had to kill his pretended son to do so. This is nonsense.
>>
>>702339866
Except that your line of reasoning makes no god damn sense. Atheists aren't fighting god, they are fighting religion, wich is indeed some deluded people and have a very heavy impact on everyone life
>>
One of the most basic beliefs of Christianity is that all human beings are inherently bad, and that being a Christian is really the only way to be truly good. I mean, how fucking dense are you people?
>>
The most attractive aspect of Christianity is that it allows its members to cope with guilt by shifting the blame for their actions to a foreign entity- i.e. the devil.
>>
File: dsadaa.jpg (71 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
dsadaa.jpg
71 KB, 480x720
>>702345564
Thanks for the advice. God bless.

>>702345586

Here is the answer. Please take a look. It is much easier for me if you read this article than if I type it all out.I agree with it completely and really hope you take a look. It's not very long.

https://carm.org/christianity/christian-doctrine/why-did-jesus-have-die-our-sins
>>
"Sees my good intentions" you are clearly coping with a guilt complex. Throw out your magic book and go ask a therapist for help. It's not too late to be a normal person. You're insufferable to most anyone in your life, whether anyone of them has the language skills to say it. You cunt.
>>
Guys, chill.
I can not speak for the OP, but I can speak for myself.
I am not Baptist, Catholic, Trinity, or Oneness.
I do not follow "Religion". Religion has become what everyone hates. All the evil that has been committed under the name of GOD.

I would suggest you all give it a second look.
Read and think. Come to your own conclusions. This is YOUR walk, not the walk the man behind the pulpit tells you to walk.

Speak with Him when you need guidance.
He will help you through rough times and understand the unknown.
I do not like to preach to others what I know.
I let others approach me to ask why I seem different. And I can tell you, that has been many over the years.
>>
>>702346576
"Ask why I seem different." Superiority complex supplied with enough denial to fuel the Holocaust
>>
>>702346505
You can try to offend me all you like.
And yes I like to scrap. Also like to get under peoples skin. Something I need to work on.

All I can say is, I pity you.
Maybe some day, you will see differently.
At least keep an open mind, for your sake.
That is all.
>>
>>702347038
Let me ask you one more question Mr Christian before you go if I may
>>
>>702347038
Keeping an open mind would imply that you have looked into others ideals and confronted them with reason. A religious person saying that is hypocritical.
>>
>>702347143
Don't put him on the defensive, this is probably one of the only opportunities he will ever have to escape this neurotic loop of denial and self reassurance. Let me handle this, guy.
>>
File: matrix oldfag.jpg (61 KB, 960x434) Image search: [Google]
matrix oldfag.jpg
61 KB, 960x434
>>702338745
>>
My question is simple and it shouldn't require much thought on your end.
>>
>>702347300
Trying to reason with the unreasonable is silly. To me the religious has served it's purpose as schadenfreude.
>>
>>702347432
Quit speaking nazi you fucking skinhead and let me try. I have an idea.
>>
>>702340260
You arent happy nor truly free. Either way we are all slaves, one kills, one saves.

What is there to be happy about in this world in its abundance of lies? What is it to be a man or successful in this world? The very standards most people live by revolve around selfish fulfillment and self desire. I would rather know truth than lie to myself and be lied to.

The simple fact is, unless you have poor understand of the Gospel, the message in the bible shows tolerance and love to all. The Imago Dei states that human intrinsic value is far greater than anything else simply because we are made in the image of him. Whats black? Whats white or yellow? Skin color doesn't matter, we are all made equally and all sin equally.

And lets understand something very important. While we believe the bible is the written word of God we do not "believe" in a book. We believe in God, and we believe he divinely inspired men to write this book.
>>
>>702347531
>idea
>nazi
I have one too, the showers.
>>
>>702345158
All religious nuts are sexually shamed
>>
>>702347584
As effective as the showers have proven to be, I'm worried they wont fall for it again.
>>
>>702345586
Not OP. The idea is humans are bad - we make the wrong choices everyday, and ultimately deserve death. Jesus, who has never done the wrong thing, dies as a sacrifice in your place. He pretty much takes the bullet.
>>
>>702338745
this exact same fucking thread was up here the other day

>>702339826
>>702339866

both posted word for word by the same baiting faggot.
>>
File: no thanks goldberg.png (489 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
no thanks goldberg.png
489 KB, 800x500
>worshipping the kike god
>>
>>702347742
Doesn't that seem like an even more shameless and abhorrent cop out from guilt? It does to everyone who doesn't buy it. Which is to say, almost all scientists and almost no prisoners.
>>
>>702347742
The concept is already fundamentally wrong. Humans are not to blame for there incorrect choices when they were by religious belief; created by God.
>>
>>702340597
Christianity is the only belief system where your salvation doesnt hinge on you, it hinges on God. All other religions fall into the pit fall that you must clean up your act and prove yourself, what happens when you mess up? Are you worthy? Where you ever worthy?

God saves whom he chooses not off your own merits are your own abilities to save but because he selected you. This pulls the emphasis off yourself and onto him in a way that cant be done otherwise.

All other religions have a God or multiple Gods to serve a purpose like rain or sunshine. The God of the bible didnt have to save us, yet he did. He did knowing that when he created us we would rebel.
>>
>>702347143
>>702347300
Did neither one of you read what I posted?
I do not follow "religion". I follow what my heart says and what the man upstairs has revealed to me.

I've seen plenty debates on theories behind religion and beliefs.
As for being a hypocrite, I explicitly do not tell people I am Christian for the exact reason.

As for being high and mighty, never said that once. That was YOUR accusation.
I am far from what most would consider a Christian. At least from where I come from.

Truly ashamed of my current position, but I do it for an end goal.
>>
>>702338745
Like... you're not wrong, OP. This works for you. Maybe in some vague, metaphorical, beyond-human-language sort of way, it works for everyone.

But words mean different things to different people, man.

Even if you found the earliest original Dead Sea Scrolls, or the Sumerian texts on which most of the Hebraic religious writings on which the Bible was based, and you were able to read it, you still don't know that the way you understand it is the way that someone else would.

Your heart's in the right place, man. I really think that.

But please. Realize that what you're trying to do is basically take the place of the God that you're attempting to introduce people to.

That's sort of presumptuous, don't you think?

I'm sure you'll write me off as some atheist denier, or some other meaningless label that affords you the ability to ignore the truth that some small part of you must recognize, and that's fine.

I'm only writing this in the hopes that somewhere, deep inside you, you'll realize that you've already won, and that the things beyond this world of which we cannot speak are already manifest in everything we will ever do.

And that might bring you comfort.

Everything else is just arguing over semantics.'

[bonus: captcha was selecting pasta. FSM must be laughing somewhere]
>>
Salvation by predestination is another way of saying narcissistic personality disorder and mortality denial complex
>>
>>702347742
So because I've been arbitrarily judged guilty and sentenced to death, some random asshole comes along and takes responsibility for my "crimes"?

Try imagining that anywhere else. Some guy strolls into a death row prison and shouts "hey everyone. you're all absolved! I'll get executed in your place and you can all go free!"

So basically I'm guilty without having ever seen a trial, being able to face my accuser, or defend myself....and on top of that, my supposed guilt has somehow been given to someone else without my consent.

I call bullshit.
>>
>>702347918
Cop out? Maybe. I've know Christians who keep being dicks and use Jesus as their personal get out of jail free card. But if you are convinced, you should feel like you've gotta get your life sorted to give back for him taking the bullet. I think that makes sense, but I see where you're coming from
>>
>>702348079
Whatever you choose to word it is irrelevant, words are mere constructs of man. If man decides what you call "your heart" as religion, it is defined as so.

Think of it as a game of chess, what you are doing is inventing a new piece and calling it "Muh God" and saying you win just by having it.

You're not different, you aren't suddenly not a hypocrite because you don't follow certain pieces. You're just the same kind of moron with a different label.
>>
File: 1471206625110.jpg (21 KB, 228x222) Image search: [Google]
1471206625110.jpg
21 KB, 228x222
>>702339098
>>
>>702348061
Incorrect. This is what modern "Religion" would you believe.

At some point your mercy WILL run out,
That is something we all need to fear, if it is not too late already.
>>
>>702344796
Funny thing you should mention that, the man that wrote that book "The God Illusion" near the end of his life realized he was wrong and proclaimed him.
>>
>>702348136
Yeah but what about my question tho
>>
>>702338745
Means to an end motherfucker, means to an end. Religion is a way to control omen, children, and bitch ass men, nothing more.
>>
>>702348061
>He did knowing that when he created us we would rebel

So basically he entrapped us. He knew full well we'd "fuck up" and went ahead with it all anyway.

That doesn't fly in our legal system, so why does God get to do it?

We're being entrapped and then forced to take a plea deal in the form of accepting some religion otherwise we get punished for our crime.

Does this level of logical nonsense not enter into your head at all?
>>
Guys, I can't keep up. Give me some time... lol
>>
>>702348387
Maybe you should check the real name of the book before you spew useless trivia.
>>
>>702348271
Yeah that's pretty much it hey. Can't blame you for thinking it's too good to be true - it's pretty damn good
>>
File: 1472891187092.jpg (117 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1472891187092.jpg
117 KB, 392x500
>>
this religion talk is so boring, better check my dubs instead
>>
>>702345238
This post is so highly volatile its almost explosive.
Christian is a blanket term used for those who are supposed to follow Christ. Catholicism falls under the Christian blanket. As a whole, Christianity has been around since around 300 A.D. So im not sure where you are getting hundreds of years.

Moreover, Christianity mostly derives from Judaism, as Christ himself was a Jew.

There are many ignorant people in America. It's not wonder no one has a right understanding of the bible.
>>
>>702348517
This. Gold.
>>
>>702348574
>Can't blame you for thinking it's too good to be true - it's pretty damn good

What kind of Stockholm syndrome thinking is this?
>>
Which version of the bibe are you referencing? Who wrote it? When was it written? Please cite references so I can fact check
>>
>>702348271
It's a useful metaphor.

Humans have lied by pretending that they have a self, and that they are a consistent and stable consciousness.

But without doing that, you can't really stay in the same body your whole life.

That's what "original sin" is - the deception that we are separate beings.

The Christ is the transhuman singularity wherein we are all one species, and separations dissolve under the salvation of knowing that there is only one consciousness that pervades all, and that we experience ourselves only through others.

But that understanding is ego death, and ultimately requires the separation from our physical bodies. This is the crucifixion: a painful process of martyrdom wherein we suffer for no reason other than the breaking down of the ego we have necessarily built in order to maintain a stable self.

It intersects with any other religious text, really, because they're all saying the same thing.

Namaste and stuff.
>>
>>702338745
Go to sleep brayden
>>
I myself a panthiest believe any many logics; but I would never constrain my beliefs to an ideology that henders women useless and one that stones people for petty crime.
>>
>>702348499
What question?
>>
>>702348709
Okay whatever. Let me ask my question now okay are you ready
>>
>insert typical religious logic
I have no proof for magical invisible brony god existing and fucking me up the ass right now. I should write a book about him and tell people he's real.
>>
>>702348785
Literally nowhere in this post is anything resembling a coherent thought.
>>
>>702348887
WHATS THE DEAL WITH AIRLINE FOOD
>>
>>702349038
Shhh my child. Brony god is here, he will anal you rightly.
>>
If you believe that you can do whatever you want in life, then ask for forgiveness later... you are gravely mistaken.
You keep sinning and eventually Jesus WILL turn his back on you. I have seen it myself.
And let me tell you, it is something that will feel terrible.

Being a hypocrite means that you do the things you preach against. I do not preach to others about Jesus and other religious nonsense.
If I do something bad, that is on me.

Let me put it this way.
I believe that we, as humans, should do as much as we can on our own part.
For where we fall short, we ask Him for help.

But don't you believe for a sec that all evils are forgivable. There are things that you can do where you have no saving grace.
>>
File: received_1156254254431680.jpg (89 KB, 1440x1509) Image search: [Google]
received_1156254254431680.jpg
89 KB, 1440x1509
>>
>>702348758
Is God a jailer? I think it's more like when I've dug myself into a hole by making the wrong choices. Abit like natural consequences- it's not a jail, it's a pit of my own making. He's the guy who helps me out
>>
>>702349038
It's coherent to someone. If you don't understand, just wait long enough.

But yeah, it's sort of illogical by definition, so I get the frustration.

Start here: binary logic imposes a necessary limit on reality. This limit can be transcended, but it means that talking about it becomes increasingly difficult, because *language* (especially English) is based on a binary framework.

If that's incomprehensible, then shit, I don't know... like study symbolic logic? Read the Wiki on the Law of the Excluded Middle?

I mean, I guess it could just be me, but it seems fairly unlikely.
>>
>>702349206
Name one thing
>>
>>702349206
>in brony we trust
When did you get your cutie mark christened?
>>
We have to realize we are all forms of the same phenomenon, we all have potential, this potential which resonates through the cosmos.
The entire cosmos is manifest from vibration which is absolute potential
Label it god or self, both phenomena describe similarities between the inner worlds and outer worlds
>>
>>702349318
Except he's the one who dug the hole originally then stood by while you strolled into it (by creating you, knowing full well you'd sin by his standards)

So how is he helping again?
>>
>>702349420
>HURRR. DURR. COSMO. WAAAVES.
>>
>>702349091
IKR?!

I mean, you're already trapped in a small enclosure 30,000 feet above the ground, *literally* a captive audience, and then they have the audacity to roll out some rubber chicken in a viscous sugar-semen sauce and tell you it's "Marsala?!" Does real food disappear at high altitude or something? Are they just trying to test out the oxygen masks by ensuring that everyone has a massive flatulence attack thirty minutes later? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?
>>
File: 1463629363858.jpg (8 KB, 272x252) Image search: [Google]
1463629363858.jpg
8 KB, 272x252
>>702349420
>>
>>702349356
Murder is an obvious one.
>>
>>702349493
Nah i reckon it's more like he invented me, and gave me a shovel knowing I'd dig a hole and fuck myself over. THEN he helps, if I want him to
>>
>>702349650
Define murder. Do other animals count, or only humans? Can I torture a bunny to death and hang it by it's intestines as a noose?
>>
File: 1324607913049.jpg (65 KB, 263x368) Image search: [Google]
1324607913049.jpg
65 KB, 263x368
If Jehova/Jahweh/The One True God™ has made 'us' in his image, is he schizophrenic?

Humans as we categorize them have many different traits. Beyond skin color, hair color, natural hair style, effects of ageing, etc there's also things like personality, health, sensitivity to addiction and the likes. The bible tells me we are made in 'His' image but that we are not allowed to make any graven image of him. Is 'God' both a shapeless hivemind and a white old man on a cloud?

If God made us in his image, why did he even bother creating the rest of the universe and not telling us about it? Don't give me any of that 'we're not ready' crap because the bible goes into detail about the end of times in Revelations.

Imagine we find life outside of earth. Will the New New Testament be written about how God made another planet for us?

Besides, what good is a God if he can't make anime real? Honestly, my faith is in Trump for that more than God ever can be.

Enjoy this graven image of Jesus with a murderer's face photoshopped onto it.
>>
>>702349420
Vibration of what, though? Trying to find a physical metaphor for a phenomenon that exists beyond the physical world is very difficult.

But I grok what you're serving, here, and yass, queen, yass.
>>
>>702349206
I don't buy it. If you do believe In Jesus, there's no sin that's bigger than his sacrifice - it beats anything, if you want it
>>
>>702349650
Murder is a laugh. Where am I going to get all my carbon if i dont murder? Vegetation? Too easy. No. Photosynthesis is a boring predecessor to nature's real game. Murder.
>>
>>702348517
When your parents wanted you to learn, did they not let you make mistakes? He made a beautiful perfect creation in the beginning intending for it to be perfect, but knowing it could not stay. He lets us make mistakes so we can learn by experience.

Our limited and honestly pitiful human understanding of right and wrong doesn't do God justice as creator. This isn't entrapment its freedom from the torture of our sinful condition.

We cant speak of logic because we live in a illogical world. Look at our current state of awareness in this country. The people who make guns, sell the guns to to both side of the battle field to make a pretty dollar, only to spend it on a lavish life style trying to make ourselves feel valuable but inevitably we get used by the very people we are trying to impress. Knowing this, the gun manufacturer owner STILL GOES BACK TO MAKE THE GUNS AGAIN. The cycle continues.

How is that logical? Too extreme? i can think of at least a dozen more perfect examples of illogical thinking. Our logic is, we can't save ourselves, and in our creators great mercy and grace, knowing we would rebel, planned millions of years in advance a perfect way of atonement.

Oh grace how great a debtor that saved a wretch like me.
>>
>>702348573

Oh what ever, Delusion. There are you happy? Doesn't stop the fact that Richard Dawkins, the forefather of Atheistic belief recognized by the ending years of his life that God existed and even wrote a book about that.

If the pioneer of the anti-god argument stood no chance, what chance do you have?
>>
>>702349345
>If you don't understand, just wait long enough.
What terrible advice. I guess you'll have enough waiting to do in purgatory once you realize you interpreted one minor thing from the bible wrong and have to wait for the second coming.

>it's sort of illogical by definition
something can't be 'sort of' illogical, it's like being 'sort of' immaculately conceived

>because *language* (especially English)
Oh geez dude thanks for the list of non binary languages in which these binary limits on conversation and philosophy have ensured the countries that speak them are far more advanced spiritually than English speaking countries are! I'm moving today!

>Read the Wiki on the Law of the Excluded Middle?
You're starting to remind me of that Pachino/Reaves movie; 'advice is the worst vice'
>>
File: 1460672556395.gif (1 MB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
1460672556395.gif
1 MB, 245x285
>>702350002
>>
>>702350002
You're not a wretch, though.

You can be both perfect and flawed.
>>
>>702350195
Did you know that Richard is another way of saying dick, faget?
>>
I really do understand your peoples hang up with classing Humans with animals.
Mammal by scientific definition, yes. So is a monkey.
It simply is a cop out.
Quit trying to deflect murder as killing and animal for food. They were put here to feed us.

Get back with me when any animal can understand the concept of GOD, much less capable of edifying the name of said God.
>>
>>702348918
So you know, I am not OP, but shoot.
>>
Goodnight you guys, it Has been fun. Seriously great crowd tonight. Same time tomorrow?
>>
>>702350002

>He lets us make mistakes so we can learn by experience.

And if we don't learn we get punished forever? what the fuck kind of god does that? why would i want to be involved with such a god? i wouldn't be expected to stand by an abusive parent, so why do i have to stand by such a capricious fuck of a christian god?

I'm not saying there is no god. just no christian god. too many logical and moral contradictions in the story.

come back when your faith makes more sense.
>>
>>702350002
1. Irrelevant. Parents aren't omnipotent. What importance is free will when he already knows all of existence, our futures are predetermined by that logic.

2. Right and wrong by this logic are already set in stone. Why would we be created incapable of understanding right and wrong?

3. Your example is actually completely logical, it's only illogical to those who are stupid frankly. Also I have no idea where you are getting that that individual gun owner gets used, he merely makes a living.

4. If you can't speak of logic by your own words, then you have no logic to speak of. Hoist with your own petard.
>>
>>702350409
Bring it brother. Bless you :)
yes i meant that as well as poking you in the ribs
>>
>>702350195
"Anti-god argument", "Pioneer"? My chance is because you are so below my level of intelligence that the challenges you produce are stepping stones.
>>
>>702338745
Bruh you are fucking crazy.

Keep believing shit that isnt real.

Keep ignoring everything around you in the world that proves you are wrong.

The facts are here, the list of facts only get longer every day and the gaps that your religious freaks can try and inject a bit of god into is getting smaller every decade.

Give it another couple of generations and people like you will be in fucking zoos because you cant be this primitive and have a place in society moving forward.
>>
File: dsaas.jpg (53 KB, 500x721) Image search: [Google]
dsaas.jpg
53 KB, 500x721
I'm going to bed.

Jesus loves you. He died on the cross for you. Please accept Him as your Lord and Savior. God wants a personal relationship with you. God is real and we can sense Him through faith. You can not sense Him without it.

For we live by faith, not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

But the natural man (non spiritual person) does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Please reconsider. I don't want you to go to Hell. If you are lacking in faith the best thing you can do is start to pray and start reading the new testament of the Bible. Read this. Jesus teaches how to pray effectively. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+6%3A5-15&version=esv
>>
>>702349968
You don't have to personally murder for meat since forever you tool. Stop trying to be edgy in front of the christians

>>702350002
>He made a beautiful perfect creation in the beginning intending for it to be perfect, but knowing it could not stay
So paraphrasing allows me to say he made something he knew he couldn't maintain then got mad at it. What a benevolent god!

>Our limited and honestly pitiful human understanding of right and wrong doesn't do God justice as creator. This isn't entrapment its freedom from the torture of our sinful condition.
Again, God made something inadequate and then got mad at it. Got it.

>Too extreme?
You come to us in torment
And we make your bodies heave
Our sounds invoke your demon
Together too Extreme!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNibT_9-IJI

>We cant speak of logic because we live in a illogical world
Made by and in the image of God.

>>702350195
>one dude became a christian
>this aids my cause!
What about the MILLIONS of families worldwide that have abandoned religion the past few generations? I don't see you talk about them?
>>
Just so you guys know, I am terrible with typing.
Excuse my generous typos.
I am not illiterate, just clumsy.
>>
>>702350362
Animals murder regardless of the presence of food If there is a perceived advantage. All that really matters to any organism is numero uno. Have fun with your denial faget.
>>
Retarded shitlord, HAIL SATAN
>>
>>702348932
Gods existence can't be proven. It has to be felt. Our acknowledgement of God is intrinsic though. Even people who have never heard the word of God know something bigger and mightier than them is out there.

For me personally, I find evidence in the complicated biological explainable things our bodies do.The way our eyes work, processing and comprehending sight. Our brains being faster than super computers at only 10% capacity. This all points to intelligent design in a way that no mortal thing can create.

How else do you explain something like the God particle?
>>
>>702350683
>For we live by faith, not by sight.
You should remove your eyes then. :^)
>>
>>702350683
Youre wrong simple.
>>
>>702350683

>I'm not winning the argument
>I'M GOING TO BED GUISE!

geez louise, at least go out by not replying like a real servant
>>
>>702350456
What you call logical and moral contradiction I call a lack of true understanding. Maybe God never intended for you to understand, only God knows truly.

And let's be very clear. The only way you get punished forever is by denying Christ. All God is really asking you to do is believe in Christ and accept him as your lord and savior. You really needn't do anything else.
>>
>>702350822
Okay, I'll stay up. How am I losing the argument?

What is your argument?
>>
File: sdf.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>702338745
>>
>>702351150
>never intended for you to understand
Yeah so that's fair. I'll invent a game where you are never intended to win, but if you lose I'll blow your brains out. Wanna play?
>>
File: jRwVK0O.jpg (160 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O.jpg
160 KB, 1024x1024
>>702339098
>Your "God" is the root and stem of all evil.

calm down with the hyperbole, champ
>>
I sought the Lord after my last binge of meth,coke, and kratom.Actually he sought me jt and for once in my life I finally acknowledged him. Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
>>
>>702351161
I'm not him, but I'll give you an argument. If you were never given undeniable evidence, why would you accept it? Why would you not question a God that is supposed to be benevolent, but doesn't stop man from digging his own grave and then punishing him for eternity?
>>
>>702338745
Yeah. I enjoy masturbating and football is on sundays tho. Sorry bruh.
>>
>>702349206
This contradicts the bible directly
>>
>>702338745
fuck off religitard
>>
>>702350519
1. Who cares if your parents aren't omnipotent, example remains relevant. As Creator God is essentially your parent. And who even says we have free will. We all live in under an illusion of free will one way or another.

2. Our gauge of right and wrong is biased to our own personal experience. Does a homeless man see stealing as wrong so he can eat? Does he see squatting on private property to stay warm a crime? No he doesn't. Is it against the law though? Yes. The bible instead lays out whats right and wrong, and a right understanding of the bible gives you the moral compass needed to navigate these things.

3. You misread or are trying to mislead. I didnt say the gun OWNER gets used. The manufacturer owner gets used. He makes money off peoples death, uses his wealth to impress others and make himself feel valued, that value never sinks in, he repeats the cycle to try and do it again.

4. I do have logic. I see the world for what it is, ill gotten and driven by selfish desire scarred sin and people such as yourself who believe they know better. Hows that working out for you by the way?
>>
Think on this. It matters not if god exists or not, if you cannot prove the rules of your own "personal god" to be factual, you are never safe for your afterlife.

Just as we can't prove (all) God's don't exist, you cannot prove that your view of God, exists. For all you know God could only accept those who do not pitfall themselves into believing false deities, and then... well you are all fucked.
>>
>>702351370
Lifes a game my friend. Some lose, some win. The good news is God left instructions on how to win, all you need to do is embrace it.
>>
File: shut dat whore mouth.gif (454 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
shut dat whore mouth.gif
454 KB, 500x230
>>702338745
>>
>>702351779
1. Who cares?... the point of your argument cares.

2. The Bible you read likely isn't even a correct translation of what was originally written. Try pasting a sentence into Google Translate, translate it to another language, then back. See what happens.

3. He makes money off selling tools that lead to death. The manufacturer may not care about impressing others, you are merely imposing your caricature onto them.

4. Insult insult insult insult insult. Insult insult?
>>
>>702351886
You basically avoided stating that life and God himself is unfair, and thus not benevolent. You tried to avoid it at least, but I'm giving you it again.
>>
>>702345158
>One of the worst if not the worst sin.

Read your Bible brother.

Sin is Sin.

Only ONE stood above all others "Blasphemy of the Spirit" and a person can not commit that unless they are standing before the Anti-Christ.

Most of the messages in this thread are good..

May peace be with you.
>>
>>702350715
You keep saying he got mad at it which isnt correct. He LOVED his creation and that is why he allowed creation to fall and then gave them a way out. But you are right about something, God did making something inadequate, it wasnt always this way but he did do it.

Go to youtube and look up chinese underground churches. The Christian faith s alive and well my friend.
>>
>>702352318
Nice image. The Greeks want there language back, it's funny how a "Holy" name came from stolen language.
>>
>>702352163
And you are avoiding the fact that he gave you a way out. Ill give that you again, God gave you a way to be in his good graces.
>>
>>702352552
No, he didn't "give me a way out" because there is no proper explanation on what the way out is. There are many religions, and none are obviously true over one another. Are you that stupid to not notice, or are you a troll?
>>
I did not leave. Someone tried to get me banned.
>>
OP I'm late to the party, but wondered why you accept the roman, weaponized xtianity that was used to conquer the world and justify raping little boys for more than a thousand years?

Isa, Jesus, Yeshua, whatever you call him, was a simple man, with a simple message: love.

He was made into a god in the roman fashion, and his simple message and example were tarnished and garbled, until the inquisition was done in his name.

He never claimed to be god, or anything but a prophet of love, and he set an example of how to live.

If you claim he is god, or his blood frees you from having to sacrifice yourself, you do him no honor.

I am ashamed I was once a xtian who believed such tripe.

If you would be a follower of this man, then all you have to do is what he did. No magic incantations, blood potions, or romanized godhood are necessary, and all that claptrap ensures you won't be able to do it.

Just do what he did, and I will forgive you.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 364x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 364x350
>im an atheist,from long bloodline of atheists

>i lie on daily basis
>i have doctorate from mathematics but i teach highshoolers-my family thinks im failure because of that
>i fap to wincest
>i own a gun that killed somebody because i bough it on black market and i knew about it
>fucked my sister-in-law
>fucked most of my schoolmates (girls) while married
>i often have bad mood because of my drinking prtoblem
>i never worked hard day in my life
>im pretty well financially,my friemd often ask for loan/help that im not providing
>im a big hippocrote
>i steal often anything that can be stoled
>i jerk exclisively in pyjama
> i visit some version lf "fighting club" earning money on streetfigths using kravmaga i learned long ago
>i look terrible
>i often wanna kill people
im a very satisfied with myself
>i once payed 200€ for a hooker
>>
>>702352108
1. Omnipotence has nothing to do with this. God would be wrong to viciously impose his will and he knew that, he gave us a way of seeing both sides of the coin, gave us the ability to choose and then gave us the tools for us to win.

2. Actually the bible is accurate with only a 3% margin of error given that english adds things like " he, she, it, and" etc. You can look that up yourself, its usually better that way so you can see for yourself.

3. Does my caricature in this example not get played out though in real life?

4. Fair enough. I'm sorry I insulted you.
>>
>>702348136
This
>>
File: PicZw6XZL.jpg (42 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
PicZw6XZL.jpg
42 KB, 329x500
>>702352756
>I will forgive you.

I am not OP.

But who are YOU that ANYONE might seek YOUR forgiveness?
>>
>>702352642
Just because you refuse to believe it, doesnt mean God didnt give you a way out. Believe in Jesus as your personal lord and savior. Pretty basic I think.

Again all other religions require you earn your salvation or work towards it. In some cases you dont even get salvation, you just get repeated life slightly better or slightly worse depending on how you lived.

God just wants you to see Jesus as your lord and savior. You cant earn your salvation from him,you cant enhance it or make it more than it is. Its a gift freely given upon acceptance.
>>
>>702353000
1. He already does impose his will. He forced us to use a very specific set of tools by your definition, to win. That's simple.

2. Too bad that the statistics you came up with are also made by man. Which as we all know is some sinful completely inaccurate being, right? Also, you don't seem to understand that entire parts of the Bible were cut out through various versions...

3. The caricature of a manufacturer who merely gets by creating weapons to live a happy life gets played out as well. What about him?
>>
>>702338745
but im too lazy to go to church mom
>>
>>702353320
You completely skipped over the whole, other religions part besides attempting to generalize the entirety of religions as a whole.

Why Jesus? Why God? Why are you right and why am I wrong? What if I just make up a religion right now that I am right and you are wrong, why am I wrong?
>>
Here is my final reply:

Believe whatever you want. I am not going to try and make you believe anything. Do as you wish.

But in those final moments, do not expect Jesus to forgive your blatant ignorance.
(and stop referring to GOD. You do not talk to GOD, you talk to HIS Son. HIS Son Jesus talks to His father, not you. Jesus is God, not GOD.)
{I know, that is going to blow some of your minds}

When this world come to an end (which is fast approaching) you eyes will finally be opened, and you will realize the errors of your ways.
I do not wish that on anyone, but some people are determined.

Bless you all. I hope you find some place in your life that changes your outlook.
>>
Religion is for pussies.
>>
>>702352860
cute
*pats frog*
>>
>>702338745
Allahu Akbar motherfucker
>>
>>702338745
Amen. God bless and may praise be upon him. I'll see you up there one day anon. Praise be.
>>
>>702353539
>I am not going to try to make you believe anything.
>Fear tactics. Fear tactics.

You should try putting a bucket over your head then speaking so you can hear yourself.
>>
>>702339866
>We'd just be deluded people.

Deluded people can be pretty dangerous.
>>
OP Is a fucking idiot
>>
File: cross15.jpg (11 KB, 236x275) Image search: [Google]
cross15.jpg
11 KB, 236x275
>>702353539
>You do not talk to GOD

You are going WAAAAAY overboard here sparky,,

You DO in fact talk to God.
You pray to God exactly as Christ taught you to. Lord Prayer for style points.

Christ never said he wanted you to worship him he said worship God.

I won't get on to the rest of that debate.

If you do not know who you yourself are? You can't (yet) understand trinity.
>>
Shane go to bed.. you can defend me in the morning! thanks,

God
>>
>>702353882
I AM AN INTERGALACTIC SPACE PENIS. RAWR AUTISM.
>>
>>702353882
Suck a dick and die you Christian scum
>>
>>702353707
if you let fear dictate your decisions, that puts you on a whole other low
Nice rhetoric though. You tried.
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 288x175
>>702353940
I invoke Wheaton's law.

Don't be a dick!
>>
>>702354032
Nice edge. We all know if you were threatened you would immediately give in like a bitch boy. You tried acting manly, you just came off like a twelve year old.
>>
>>702354107
IT'S OKAY, I AM AN INTERGALACTIC SPACE GENDER FLUID ANATOMY. RAWR TUMBLR.
>>
File: 1471209732338.png (1 MB, 1000x693) Image search: [Google]
1471209732338.png
1 MB, 1000x693
>>702354000
Nice trips.

Were you offering to go on a date?

Sorry I am not seeking or sucking anyone at this time but I am flattered.
>>
>>702353000
Interdasting digits..

The collections of oral history that were eventually written down in greek as the new testament are of events, that, at best, happened decades before.

Jesus spoke in Aramaic, and Hebrew, not Greek, so the recording of his teachings was a recollection of what the authors were told he said, generations before, in a totally different language.

Frankly, it's surprising how much of his teaching even came through. Most likely, his example of nonviolence during his torture was a vivid image that accompanied the oral history, and kept the gist.

I very much doubt the triple xlation process, following the oral tradition, could conceivably be as accurate as you claim.
>>
>>702354032
>Fear tactics = Lets fear dictate decisions
Oh okay. That's how that works huh? I'm glad you enlightened me. Ones attempts must dictate my own actions.
>>
>>702354000
Homosexuality is a sin, anon. Regardless of your trips, you will burn in Hell if thou continues to push him (both) away. Repent and revel in the Glory of God. Praise be. Also, you may not believe it right now, but one day you will not only believe, but you will KNOW that I love thy. Until next time /b/rethren.
>>
>>702354316
I sucked God's dick, what now? By the way, our balls touched.
>>
>>702353882
I respectfully tell you that you are incorrect.
There is no Trinity, there is no Oneness.
There is GOD, HIS Son (Jesus/God), and the Holy Ghost (which is a spirit, as the name specifically implies).

Something else that may blow your mind. GOD did not created the heavens and the earth. That was God, meaning Jesus.
I would highly suggest more research on your part.

Understand, I am not taking jabs at you.
This is that modern religion wants people to believe. Read that KJV and pay attention to the variations if the way each is represented.
Eye opening, I assure you.
>>
>>702354428
SPAAAACE PEEEEENIS.
>>
>>702353347
1. Hes not imposing it though because you have the freedom of choice. You can choose to accept or decline, one just has ramifications like much of life does.

2. Sinful, yes. Inaccurate, not so much. The bible as a whole remained compiled until the reformation. Catholics added some books of the bible claiming they where meant to be in it from the beginning but the council that presented the known works of the bible never agreed on putting the books in with the canon decided upon. This is known as the Apocrypha. in 300 AD when the churches came together the Apocrypha was suggested by it caused disagreements because these books didn't posses characteristics of the other books and taught things that where in contradiction to the bible itself,therefore they where never officially added. Until the reformation that is. The Roman Catholic Church decided that it would officially include the books despite the evidence presented to do otherwise. The bulk of the bible though, as it is written, is written soundly and accurately, even the translations of the Apocrypha Catholics cling to.

3. I dont care about the other example. My point of bringing this up was to show that the the world we live in is illogical in its reasoning until hey are enlightened. The gun manufacturer knows hes getting used, knows his life style isn't making him valued but continues the cycle anyways.
>>
File: 10.jpg (13 KB, 506x302) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
13 KB, 506x302
>>702354224
Before the resurrection true.

But on the Pentecost everyone heard the gospel story as if spoken in their home town by their neighbor. Over 500 Witness' many not speakers of Hebrew or Aramaic. Those witness told the story and that is why we eventually found so many copies in later languages. We also can be pretty sure that there is no sound or letter J in Hebrew so he wasn't ever called JJJJesus...
>>
>>702354479
MINNNNNEEEEESSSSSS BIGGGGGGEEERRRRRRRR
>>
>>702353208
Just another person. People are the only source of grace, and are the only source of evil.

I am uninterested in the forgiveness of any creator who did this on purpose. I only would find meaning in the forgiveness of those I have wronged.

tl;dr my point was that op's stance that isa was a god was offensive. Men are but men. God is not a man. Since he caused me injury by mocking god, I offered to forgive him, if he changed his ways.
>>
>>702354224
You can doubt, its healthy to doubt.
https://bible.org/article/how-accurate-bible
read that, its enlightening
>>
File: Shit.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Shit.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>
>>702354128
I am not going to even threaten you. Its the internet after all.
Think what you like.
Be prepared if you do ever confront me.
Friendly warning.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 158x191) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 158x191
Nice spooks, nerd.
>>
>>702354750
You are so full of shit
>>
>>702354520
1. Endless suffering is not a valid decision. I'll go capture you and give you the decision to either suck my dick or have your head blown off, are you happy? Call me benevolent.

2. You sure like to throw around History that you don't understand don't you? I'll let you know that the original "Bible" wasn't even called the Bible. I'll let you know that Satan never existed in original texts.

3. All of it is logical, you just don't understand how. He doesn't care that you consider he isn't valued, he doesn't care for your opinion at all. You're nobody.

Even this conversation at it's whole is pointless. Your religion is already proven false by the fact that many religions exist, you can never and will never prove which one is correct.
>>
>>702354750
It's official, you're full of shit. Give up.
>>
Just want to say that I am glad all of you participated. Insults and all.

You being here shows that you at least think on the subject. This thread did exactly what it was intended to do.
And no, I am not the OP
>>
>>702354527
MINES A TRANSFORMER. FEMININE PENIS MODE GO.
>>
>>702338745
eternal damnation doesnt work if this life isnt included. SATAN!!! and DEMONS, religiousfag.
>>
>>702338745
what if i killed a bunch of people but stopped, can i still get into heaven, or should i keep killing people
>>
>>702339098
First of all, Christianity is not about religion, it's about a personal relationship with God

Second, God has already saved us from sin 2000 years ago, the question is whether we accept what he did for us or not

Third, it's funny that you say God is the root of evil, when without God, you can't even objectively define what evil is
>>
>>702346576
This
>>
>>702338745
fuck those who dont think you can't do this. Im Catholic, Islam, Buddhist and Spiritualist.
>>
File: 378713_Nigeria-church-collapse.jpg (73 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
378713_Nigeria-church-collapse.jpg
73 KB, 650x365
The Judeo-Christian mythos is fucking retarded. Fuck your beliefs. I wont respect them, because they are wrong. Lemme give you some mental exercises here to stress test your religion.
1.) If the biblical flood occured, how are there still freshwater fish?
2.) If God is both ALL GOOD, and ALL POWERFUL, why does he allow Muslims to Allahu akbar themselves and kill innocent Christians?
3. Why did God not directly write the bible if he exists? Wouldn't it make sense for him to directly write it himself, avoiding any confusions or mistranslations?
Look dude, I get that life is scary. But thermetically tossing all control of your life to your imaginary friend is insane. The Christian bible was written by bronze age sheep herders who didn't understand how the world worked. The Bible regularly contradicts itself. It is a flawed book, written by flawed men.
>pic related, a church collapse
>if God was all powerful, why didn't he save his followers?
>inb4 "He works in mysterious ways"
Fuck that shit dude I had leukemia at 4 years old. No Good diety, weilding infinite power wouls give a defenseless child such an awful disease. Either god is not good, and is cruelly unmatched in hatred, or God is all good, and holds no power here.
>>
>>702355014
Fourth, it's funny that you say Man is the root of all sin, when without Man, you can't even objectively define what sin is.
>>
>>702354966
Yeah, but does yours change colors?

CHAAAAARRRRRMMMMMEEEEEEELLLLLLLEEEEEEOOOOOOONNNNNNN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>702354650
Ah well my misunderstanding then.

Carry on.
>>
>>702355162
I DON'T BELIEVE IN COLORS. THAT'S RACIST.
>>
>>702354428
Absolutely incorrect, the Bible most definitely affirms that God is three persons in one, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

In fact Jesus is called God, that is "Yahwe", more than once in the Bible.

Don't deny the divinity of Christ, that is exactly what lying and evil spirits say as well.
>>
>>702355197
LoL fair enough.
you can take your caps off now. its safe
>>
>>702355239
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>702355299
AAAAHHHHHH FEMMIIIIININE PEEENIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS.
>>
>>702355091
>i blame god for my problems
the edge
>>
>>702355092
I never said that though

Of course you can define sin without man, it's simply anything that God does not approve of, and the first guilty entity is Lucifer
>>
>>702355356
>my problems
What if an earthquake happens and randomly kills millions? Why is that even possible?
>>
>>702355091
>The Christian bible was written for* bronze age sheep herders who didn't understand how the world worked.

Ftfy. The xtian religion was quickly co-opted by very savvy men, who turned it, by choosing which books to include, into a weapon that conquered the world.

Just sayin'
>>
>>702355239
Brother, I am telling you that is not true.
I stand behind 30yrs of experience.
Was hard for me to believe too.

Seriously, start looking into it hard.
Pray and seek spiritual direction in the scriptures.
>>
>>702355356
There isn't a God. Answer any of the 3 questions I asked. Prove to me your God is real.
>>
>>702355419
I never said that though.

Of course you can define evil without God, it's simply anything that man does not approve of.

Are you realizing how stupid you are yet?
>>
>>702355335
- sprays troll pingas repellent -
>>
File: 1298261101679.jpg (42 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1298261101679.jpg
42 KB, 500x447
>>702355091
Well the traditions of modern religious groups certainly are.

But interestingly the Bible addresses this as well saying that "Religion is the teachings and traditions of men that make void the word of God".

So often it interests me when people do not really study the Bible and try to understand it.

Or accuse others of cherry picking instead of following its teachings.

But wait doesn't the Bible say stuff like an eye for an eye and later that we should turn the other cheek?

NO!

Ecclesiastes was an example of a life gone wrong. What one SHOULD NOT do.

Later we were told not to take mere words as insult.

Our misunderstanding is more often cause for our disputes than ever truth is.
>>
>>702355453
Council of Nicea, revisions for political reasons, I know man. I didn't want to explain the entirety of the man made nature of the bookingdom. But ty though :^)
>>
>>702355315
Not really, in fact I actually think it makes more sense that God is this way!

Consider the nature of God as loving, before man or any angels existed, who did he love? God's very nature is rooted in relationship, and us being made in his image, share the same properties of wanting to love each other and so forth!

In Genesis, God even talks in the plural, saying "Let US make man in OUR image". Who was he talking to?

You can't expect to understand the nature of God just like that, it took you long enough to figure out algebra bro
>>
>>702355534
ACK. EEEUGH. gehhhh...
>>
>>702354848
1. Your example is a prime example of lack of understanding. Gods not asking you suck his dick Hes asking you to accept Christ as your lord and Savior and repent. That's it. Your example is abhorrent and disgusting, id rather get shot in the head. What do you receive if you accept Christ and repent, how about full access to God and the eternal kingdom of heaven. Sounds solid to me.

2. I have a very firm understanding of history, I must in order to speak accurately of the bible. You are correct the word satan didn't exist. Instead what did exist was the hebrew word ha-Satan in Job and Zechariah which is translated by the Greek word diabolos (slanderer), the same word in the Greek New Testament from which the English word devil is derived. You're point is....?

3. You're missing the point. The point is, in this example for instance because thats how an example works (it illustrates a point), this scenario does get played out, it does hurt people, and in their illogical mind set they continue to double down on a life style that doesn't their needs.

Man idolizes all kinds of stuff, its all just an attempt to sit in the seat of God and pretend we have control in our lives. Maybe I will never prove it, but I know it. Science proves it quite often, tons of archaeological evidence has been given to prove events of the bible happened,the people existed, and that the events happened th way it is written. Other religions on the other hand very rarely have even a fourth of that.
>>
>>702355623
WHOOOOO!!!! DEFEATION!!! (or is that deflation?)
>>
File: 65476576456.png (208 KB, 518x507) Image search: [Google]
65476576456.png
208 KB, 518x507
>>702355239
I really want to understand this, as the 'trinity' has been one of my major hang-ups about all of this. I am not testing you by asking this, I am genuinely curious: while on the cross, why would Jesus call out to himself (god)?
>>
File: 3crosss1.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
3crosss1.jpg
77 KB, 1024x768
>>702355473
>>702355473
You are being foolish over semantics and dogma.

This is what creates so many sects and cults and prevents people taking You or God seriously..

When you understand humility?

Well I suspect you have been steeped in many traditions.

I pray you will awaken or return to Gods Kingdom (DIE) before the Anti-Christ is finally cast down among us.

You are not ready for Armageddon if a simple internet chat can throw you so off kilter.
>>
>>702355662
1. Are you just stupid or what?... It's the same thing. He's asking me to do something I might not want to do, and is giving me a punishment for not doing it. FORCE.

2. No, ha-Satan didn't exist either, check your facts. By the way ha-Satan does not come from the word diabolos. Neither is Greek the originating language of the Bible.

3. You're missing the point, it's logical.

You don't know anything, you can't prove anything. Accept you're an idiot already when you can't even get your facts straight for a single post.

By the way before you think about saying it, no this isn't ad hominem.
>>
>>702355473
I have looked hard, I have prayed, and I have listened to many, and my own mother is a born again Christian who walks with God on a daily basis.. Your 30 years of experience mean nothing. The Bible is VERY CLEAR about it, which makes me wonder what in the world you have been reading

I could say I had 50 years experience living a lie, so what? Jehovas witnesses? Mormons? They all deny Jesus divinity as well, just because they have fancy churches means nothing

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already."
(1 John 4:1-3)
>>
File: 3crosss2.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
3crosss2.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>702355589
>Who was he talking to?

US! (JOB 38)
>>
>>702355764
Explain to me why, if God is all good and all powerful, he allows his ministers and pastors to RAPE CHILDREN. Fuck off you cuck, God's not real, we are all here by cosmic coincidence, we're just a bunch of violent fucking primates, you are not special and nobody loves you.
Please, kill yourself.
>>
>>702355764
Also, you ever eat shellfish like lobster or crab? Can't go to heaven.
Ever worn a polyester shirt?
Haha cant go to heaven nigger.
Your religion is a joke, as is your life. You have dedicated yourself to a mass delusion, a cult mentality.
>>
>>702355764
>>702355854
I would cite you some scriptures to look over, but I am extremely tired. Going on 72hrs
Lets drop the subject for now. We can pick it up another time.

It really is a discussion all in itself.
>>
File: _fuck_face.jpg (84 KB, 820x810) Image search: [Google]
_fuck_face.jpg
84 KB, 820x810
>>702354750
you're still full of shit, pic related
>>
File: cross30.jpg (26 KB, 511x712) Image search: [Google]
cross30.jpg
26 KB, 511x712
>>702355939
God allows many things to happen.

Perhapos so he can later condemn that evil Minister for being so evil.

That Child who was raped did not come in to existence the day it was born. It was an old soul as are you. You and I agreeed to be here and to go through these trials. Some times to learn a lesson sometimes to allow others to learn a lesson.

No you do not recall this existence before you were born nor do I... But it was written of...

We agreed to do this test called life.

We are not born innocent only ignorant of what was before.
>>
>>702355515
If you want to have a discussion, drop the copy pasting and insults, and present arguments.

In any case, what you said doesn't make sense. Evil cannot be OBJECTIVELY defined without God, without God you are left with subjective morality, meaning that your view of morality is the same as that of a psycho who thinks rape and murder are good things, it's just his opinion and your opinion is yours, it's all subjective

>>702355737
He called out to the Father, who is a different person, but equally divine and with the same nature that of Jesus Christ.

It's a very deep theological topic and I have a pretty shallow understanding of it to be honest, but the Bible is definitely clear about it
>>
Thanks for participating everyone.

And really cute of you all flagging the posts to attempt to ban.
2 strikes so far. Try for 3?
>>
>>702356190
Yo dawg, heard you like ignorance. So I put some ignorance in your ignorance.
>>
File: cross_with_dove.46122508.jpg (79 KB, 908x1148) Image search: [Google]
cross_with_dove.46122508.jpg
79 KB, 908x1148
>>702356096
If you are a Priest tasked with carrying the Ark of the Covenant that is so.

Levitical Laws applied to Levitical Priests.

Not to you..
>>
>>702356190
But then he allowed 3d harm to fall on an innocent. Which means he isn't ALL good, because that is an inherently evil act. Stop intentionally being ignorant. Your God is false, as are all gods. You are just an animal, you are not special.
>>
>>702356147
Suit yourself, but be very careful, there are truly many lies and deceptions out there, the enemy is very active in trying to fight God and deny Jesus the divinity, because he knows Jesus is the only name under Heaven by which we might be saved.

>>702355877
So before God created man, he was talking to man?

Umm... Logic error 101?
>>
>>702356217
Having a discussion with someone who doesn't understand something as basic as that is fruitless. If you cannot even see the ignorance in what you are saying now, how could you even start to handle something more complex?
>>
File: kilme.jpg (51 KB, 928x523) Image search: [Google]
kilme.jpg
51 KB, 928x523
>>702355008
do you want to be on lists?
that's how you get put on lists
surprise motherfucker - you're re-autistic
>>
>>702356184
____________||____________
You phase me ^ that much.
Enjoy your day.
>>
>>702355737
I'm sorry, I am very unfamiliar with the text. You are saying the Bible is clear about the trinity?
>>
I can't believe people actually believe this shit. Quit wasting your time trying to convince me. It will never happen.
>>
>>702356292
Exodus and Leviticus are both supposed to be direct laws given by God. They are full of contradiction and paradox. Your God isn't real. Please, I don't hate you. I want to help you understand. This world is a beautiful place, experience it. Stop deceiving yourself.
>>
>>702356374
Someone who doesn't understand something as basic as what exactly?

How about you stop being vague and provide some arguments already?
>>
>>702356505
How about I stop being so vague?... The hypocrisy is amazing actually, you are doing exactly what I wish you would do.

Allow me to ask you this, why does anything matter if nothing exists? What if you don't exist, and therefore God's existence is meaningless to you?
>>
>>702356471
>Experience this beautiful world, but don't you dare question where it came from
I think it's pretty clear who is deceived here

Not the guy you're replying to btw
>>
File: yo_dawg_001.jpg (36 KB, 376x292) Image search: [Google]
yo_dawg_001.jpg
36 KB, 376x292
>>702356190
>>702356280
>>
>>702356467
Then why are you here? LOL
Somewhere deep inside, you truly are curious.
Else you would not be here.
I've been checking every few mins. This thread has not been on pg.1 for a while.
So why are you still here again?

someone is /b/eing autistic
>>
File: cross2.jpg (30 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
cross2.jpg
30 KB, 590x332
>>702355737
Not OP..

He did this to fulfill prophecy.

See Psalm 22.

It is why he is exactly quoted here..
(Matt 27:46) At about three in the afternoon he let out a loud cry saying "eli eli lama sabachthani" Which is to say my father my father why hast thou forsaken me?

He could not forsake himself, but needed to fulfill the prophecy.
>>
>>702356546
What hypocrisy? Show it to me, explain to me, talk to me, you're still being vague!

>why does anything matter if nothing exists?
And you're surprised that I call you vague? what are you even talking about now?

Are you saying nothing exists? lol
>>
>>702356614
I'm not him, but I'm here to mock those who are less knowledgeable than I. For entertainment.
>>
File: chesticles.jpg (141 KB, 700x1081) Image search: [Google]
chesticles.jpg
141 KB, 700x1081
>>702356398
so basically what your sayin is

i phased you.

rock out wit yo cock out for H
>>
>>702356578
This world is the cause of astral coincidence occurring on a universal scale. You are not special. We are not special. We are a cosmic coincidence. I regularly question where the world came from, where we came feom. It is doing this that diverted me from the church. Geology and astrophysics can show, with comprehensive proof, where the world came from and how it formed.
>Are you guys even trying?
>>
File: iwanttobelieve2[1].jpg (27 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
iwanttobelieve2[1].jpg
27 KB, 500x628
>>702338745
>>
>>702356471
Yes, I'm very curious as to how someone can be so fucking stupid and gullible.
>>
>>702356804
Me, or anon I replied to?
Really, i just want everyone to stop killing eachother for their imaginary friends, but fuck me right?
>Christianity is not the largest religion because it's "Truth" is the most true. It is so dominant because it's violence was the most violent.
>>
>>702356654
If you can, please elaborate. Could not forsake himself? Which prophecy? I appreciate your response.
>>
>>702356666
What if I do say nothing exists? What If I say I have undeniable proof? But once I give you my proof, you deny it utterly no matter how much I explain.

The problem is in reality you cannot prove I'm wrong, this is merely an exercise to show you that arguing may be pointless. You could simply never come to understand what I do, either due to lack of want, lack of my ability to explain, or a multitude of other reasons.

I'm showing you that all systems have flaws, no matter what. And no matter what, you will never be secure in what is correct based on Faith alone.
>>
File: 31mmPBlBOgL._SY300_.jpg (6 KB, 176x300) Image search: [Google]
31mmPBlBOgL._SY300_.jpg
6 KB, 176x300
>>702356328
>an innocent.

Who is innocent brother?

We are all one of three types of souls.

1. Those that stood against God with Lucifer in rebellion.

2. Those that refused to choose sides.

3. Those that stood with God but arrogantly demanded the deaths of the other 2.

That's it you I and everybody are one of those three. No one is innocent just born of flesh and ignorant of what happened before.

But don't take it too hard you at least agreed to be born. God himself did that too...

Only one has so far refused to humble himself and be born of the flesh..

Bet you can name him?
>>
>>702356718
None of what you said makes any sense, and us being special is irrelevant to the question of origin

What I'm asking is, what is the origin of the universe? The origin of time, space and matter? If a coincidence happens in lottery, THE LOTTERY EXISTS, what I'm asking is, who created the lottery?
>>
Just popping in to say that the bible is 90% man made bullshit and not representative of God. Pray, ask him in earnest to show himself to you, and he will. God is a strange figure; kind and loving, but not wanting to participate much in this world and sort of a dick for it. Still, He is real, and He did send Jesus, a mask of Himself, to end sacrificial rites and Mosaic law so that everybody could be saved, if they wish. So please, don't let the ramblings of a bunch of salty old men and the Catholic church's bullshit sour your opinion of the Creator and His people. Real Christians are not judgmental, stuck in their ways, bigoted, or bitter. Real Christians have the same guiding principles that Christ did; love for all, obedience to God, and good will for this world. If you love God and choose to read the Bible, I implore you, pray heavily for discernment and have the Holy Spirit read it with you. Taking that book at face value is exactly what the Enemy wants you to do. You'll become the kind of religious nut that drives souls away from God.
>>
>>702356918
Whoever the dipshit is that started this thread. I just got in here.
>>
>>702339866
I actually found that post interesting, and to some extent your right. My problem is this, I don't like condemnation based on simple terms such as faith. It's bullshit to say at the least. not to mention sadistic. The Christian people are hypocritical just as we all are, but there are too many Christians worth hating, worth making a fool out of. I rather burn in hell than to bow my head to such fear mongering bullshit. I could go on and on, but that's the gist.
>>
>>702356932
He'stalking about the time God made a bunch of Mini me's, knocked up one of his Mini me's so he could be born as a mini me, so he could make his mini me's kill him so he could forgive his mini me's.
>>
File: 16cmTwoToneCross1.jpg (81 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
16cmTwoToneCross1.jpg
81 KB, 700x700
>>702356372
Yeah I knew it would confuse you, sorry..

He said to Jacob and Esau "Before you were born I knew ye. Before you were in the womb Jacob I loved and Esau I hated"

God did not make you the day you were born.

You existed as a soul even before that "At the foundation" We are all here to learn lessons.

No one is innocent.
>>
>>702356964
If you say that, then I'm going to have to question your sanity

Are you telling me the keyboard you're using right now to communicate with me, is not real? Your parents are not real? This world is not real?

Even if they weren't, and you were just in the matrix, then the matrix at least exists, right?

I mean come on, this is just ridiculous.. How can you call any religion crazy when you say nutty things like "NOTHING EXISTS".. are you kidding me right now?
>>
>>702356995
Its funny you say that. We have detected the Higgs-Boson particle. Do.you know what that is?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
Read up before you spout off at the mouth. The greatest scientific minds theorized it existed, and it did.
Also, even if some giant fucking bearded dude in the sky did kick start the universe, he is long since dead, making your arguments moot.
>>
>>702357017
Any texts you'd suggest?
>>
>>702356964

I'm pretty much an agnostic and I think you're talking out of your ass in a vain attempt to sound smart.
>>
>>702356995
You have a fundamental problem with your questioning, and I'm first going to tell you that the concept of chance doesn't need a creator, the concept itself is just a creation of our brain.

To answer in a more palatable manner. If there is a point before or intersecting time, then there would be no origin of time. You cannot tell me when time happens, if "when" does not exist. There is no such thing as before time, that's your answer.
>>
>>702357129
That scripture doesn't say we existed, but that God basically knew about us before we existed, just like he knew what the universe would be like before he created it...

God was not talking to us while he was CREATING us, as the book of CREATION explains? Why do you have to twist the word like this?
>>
File: cross1.png (200 B, 70x99) Image search: [Google]
cross1.png
200 B, 70x99
>>702356932
I did elaborate.

Psalm 22..

Psalm 22 is based on Torah it is old.

It predates Rome and Crucifixion as a method of torture and execution.

Yet with those words Christ made clear that the words were about HIM and no one else.

If Christ was God he could NOT forsake himself so his only reason to say such a thing is to fulfill the prophecy. Nothing more...

This is a great question to ask a Pastor to be sure he has any real understanding of God's word...
>>
>>702357156
Oh no, I said *you* don't exist, not *I* don't exist, there is a fundamental difference here.

And calling me nutty and ridiculous doesn't help you understand the point of the exercise.
>>
>>702357304
Whether your agnostic or not doesn't matter. The argument I'm proposing is called solipsism. However this is mostly just being used as demonstration to show how concepts can come off as being completely ludicrous even when they are impossible to debunk.
>>
>>702357289
Latin Vulgate for starters, slightly less adulterated. Still, be careful and pray heavily. Read, reread and reread again until you can think of at least a few different possible meanings, then meditate on them.
>>
File: zvxhk.gif (473 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
zvxhk.gif
473 KB, 500x376
>>702356995
Also, all of you mother fucking chuckle fucks
If the universe exists in sUchiha a large scale, why would an all powerful being just use this ONE SMALL SPEC of it for his "mysterious ways Oh so spooky plan?" He wouldnt. It doesnt make dense. You are all delusional, and suffering from a cult mentality.
>>
File: zealot.jpg (37 KB, 948x1440) Image search: [Google]
zealot.jpg
37 KB, 948x1440
/thread
>>
>>702349206
i am failing iin exam for being capital cop since 6 years .. always missing margin ..some tiem rules changed .. this time commited sily mistakes... will i be forgiven... result awaited
>>
>>702357405
Thank you. I am just trying to get a better understanding. As I stated earlier, I am not trying to test anyone.
>>
Christianity is so fucking gay. You edge your life to a dead Jew who you think lived over a thousand years. Basically, you're in love with a man, and that's pretty gay.
>>
>>702357526
The answer to that is pretty simple. He didn't. We haven't yet and probably never will make contact with other galaxies or perhaps even universes, but it's statistically impossible for Earth to be the only planet to feature sentient life.
>>
>>702357245
Who cares? It's still physics, and physics is about this universe, it doesn't do anything to answer the question of the origin of the universe, or the origin of physics and the higgs boson particle.

It seems to me like you don't even know what science is, and you are treating science like God, rather than a method of investigating the physical universe using our senses.

>>702357339
Obviously chance doesn't need a creator, because chance is just a mathematical concept using abstract objects (numbers)

Chance for what though? for some particles to collide? for you to get married? to win the lottery? what are we talking about? Whatever it is, if it exists in reality, it needs an explanation of its existence, and that is what we are arguing about.

Physical matter, time, space, all began to exist at a finite point in the past, according to the standard big bang model, so what is the explanation?
>>
>>702357585
Dont talk to a pastor. They use methods very similar to a cult leader to indoctrinate you. Stay far away from organized religion. It is bad for you. It is bad for society.
>>
File: cross20.jpg (38 KB, 641x900) Image search: [Google]
cross20.jpg
38 KB, 641x900
>>702357350
Why do you fail to understand who you are and why you are here?

That verse says what it says..

No twisting. God says he knew and loved and hated the souls of the yet unborn Jacob and Esau.

But OK - Revelation 19:10?

Why does the Angel call John his "Brother"?

Hebrews 13:2 Who are these Angels that we see as strangers?

Again if you do NOT understand the nature of God's Creation yourself included you may want to try asking questions and listening a lot more then typing opinions and speaking.
>>
>>702357429
Well, I guess you're going crazy then... Better get check for schizophrenia, remember to tell them that apparently the other part of your brain believes in God and keeps arguing with you about it on a random board on 4chan

>>702357526
Size is irrelevant

Even if the universe was reduced to the size of a tiny tennis ball, it removes no need for an explanation
>>
>>702357700
First off, you must not understand what the higgs boson's discovery represents. It shows proof of the accepted standard model of the universe. Physics is not just a set of rules for observing the uniberse. It is the tantamount rules for understanding the complexity of the universe.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model
>>
If Jesus told you to suck his cock would you do it? For Him?
>>
>>702357845
#SuckThatFatCockForJesus
>>
>>702349735
just tell me why he made nigger and other religion..and those ugly-as-fuck people both physically and mentaly
>>
>>702357709
This A thousand times this. Christianity is about you and God. Leave the greedy pastors and fucked up ideals out of it, and just talk to other Christians in your community.
>>
>>702357700
I'll try to answer based on what I'm assuming you are asking. Existence itself can actually, be mere iterations of itself. As in, this universe could have stemmed from another universe, which in turn stemmed from another.

You would think this cycle would need an end, based on traditional logic. But based on how space and time can intertwine, there doesn't have to be. Existence itself can be perpetual and paradoxical.

An example:
A exists because of B, B exists because of C, C exists because of A. If all of these are true, there is no way for none of them to not exist.
>>
>>702357831
Please see
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model
You ignorant, biased fuck.
Your God isn't real, nor did he create the universe. Stop holding on to your ancient beliefs. They will only doom you.
>>
>>702349735
>Imagine we find life outside of earth. Will the New New Testament be written about how God made another planet for us?
all the prophecy will be 'adjusted ' for any thign new .. i am waiting for they day they say 4chan was prophesed
>>
>>702357831
An exercise does not equal schizophrenia. I don't believe in God either actually. I'm just here to have fun talking of philosophical jargon really.

You seem to be a victim of Poe's law.
>>
>>702357970
This. All of this. Christianity and all Abrahamic religions are just tools for mass manipulation. They adapt to face their challenges. If God was real, there would be no reason for the adaption: it wouldve been written from the start.
>>
>>702357760
What are you telling me exactly, that God predetermined everything in this world, so that those who end up in hell do so because God decided so? You leave no room for free will, and God is ultimately responsible for all of it

So what if the angel calls John brother? He is simply telling John not to bow a knew to an angel, who is just an angel that worships God just like Johns brothers and sisters worshiped God

Hebrews 13:2 is saying that some people have seen and dealt with angels without knowing it, because angels as well as demons are able to physically manifest in this world.

Remember when Jesus showed up to the women who were walking back from the tomb, and they didn't even recognize him?

God knowing the future does not mean the future has already happened, you're making a logical error here
>>
File: cross25.png (5 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
cross25.png
5 KB, 256x256
>>702357970
>>702349735
It simply is not going to happen.

Oh one day what you may think is an ALein will "land" here..

He certainly won't be a human.

He may claim to be God or the Second Coming of Christ here to rapture us all away.

Most of mankind will sadly "believe" that day and it is the one day they should have stuck to their secular views.
>>
File: 1435418299329.jpg (33 KB, 672x500) Image search: [Google]
1435418299329.jpg
33 KB, 672x500
>>702352108
>Try pasting a sentence into Google Translate, translate it to another language, then back. See what happens.
impying bible was writtenusing google translate
>>
ITT
>we argue about imaginary people
>>
>>702357831
Your worldview is limited. Instead of actually debating, you just attacked his character. Because he used abstract thinking, he must be crazy. The giant dude in the sky told me so.
>>
>>702357929
Dont talk to the other cult members. That's incorrect thinking too. That will still lead to entrapment in the cult.
>>
>>702358149
>implying bible was writtenusing google translate
implying translations made by humans over centuries are any better, especially across languages that don't even have a translatable word
>>
>>702356696
hanging on to any loose thread I see?
You are doing well Anon.
>>
>>702358146
You appear to refuse to accept logic.
1.) How are there freshwater fish if the biblical flood happened?
2.) We are just early to the universal party in relevance of sentience. The reason we haven't found other life is because we are the only ones here for now capable of looking.
>>
>>702356694
Hey, I am not knocking you. That is what /b/ is all about.
Some of this is serious, some is just for fun.
>>
>>702358164
I'm glad someone here actually understands. It's a shame that people point fingers all the time for bigotry while doing it themselves.
>>
>>702358217
Not if they're of the same thinking and not brainwashed. I was raised Baptist and threw that away when I started to honestly communicate with God.
>>
>>702356694
Hey, guy who has been posting the majority of anti Christian/religious sentiment here. Thats the wrong way to look at it too. That is inherently bad for the human race. Do not belittle he less educated, educate them. Teach them. Show then their mistake, and help them progress. We are all people, existing on this planet together. Help cultivate your species, not segregate it.
>>
File: pictureofaGoldChromecross2.gif (52 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pictureofaGoldChromecross2.gif
52 KB, 1000x1000
>>702358097
I again point you to JOB 38..

Where were YOU at the foundation?

(Hint: Right next to all the other anon's gazing raptly at God or sadly lucifer or utterly confused about who to side with.)

You are one of Gods creation.

Being oblivious to what existed before would in fact give you free will you are right now this very moment making many many choices that are yours and yours alone.

Also that was 2000+ years ago.

Super Naturals like Angels and Demons are far less common since Christ limited our experience of the holy to the spirit.

Think of Cartoons with the Angel and the Devil on opposite shoulders. (Id Ego Super Ego)

We are all beings of 3 minds and choices....
>>
>>702358164
I attacked his logic, not character

>>702357953
Instead of pasting wikipedia articles, give me arguments
>>
>>702358511
>Where were YOU at the foundation?
I did not exist, I was nowhere, but God knew that I would be born at some point in time, just like he knew the universe would exist once he created it

God said "Let there be light" and it was so, light did not already exist
>>
>>702358512
> I guess you're going crazy then... Better get check for schizophrenia.

Arguments can have schizophrenia? Do tell.
>>
>>702357574
Your attempt to make fun of me has no teeth.
No one can know when He will turn his back on you. That is between you and Him.
>>
The Christian God does not exist. There is nothing to argue about. Move along.
>>
>>702355091
yes GOD/God explain why this guy had leukemia?
>>
>>702358609
Read more than the last reply, I was attacking the fact that he said nothing exists and that he can prove it

It's absurd to say "You don't exist" to someone you're talking to.. what are you even supposed to say to a person like that?
>>
>>702358319
I have not spoken in the thread at all re Noah's flood.

Nor had I been asked.

The flood was a localized event in the middle east only. The translators of the KJV wrote 3 letters to apologize for their shortcomings in translating the old texts and stories..

This is just one of those problems.

The tradition became foolish and went far beyond the original story.

There were 2 of each kind of creature common to the middle east not 2 of all living things.

The "epic of Gilgamesh" is another cultures telling of the same story.

While there is evidence of World wide flooding this does not appear to be during a time when mankind existed on Earth.
>>
>>702358735
you don't
you let them fizzle into nothingness, for there they belong
>>
>>702358735
I'm said person. You don't seem to understand that it's irrelevant that you attacked an argument, you still insulted the person and attacked there character without refuting it.

You're supposed to take what was said, and attempt to analyze it and give logical feedback. Your reaction is exactly what I wanted to get out of that statement, to show you how people can completely ignore your argument because it on paper sounds ridiculous.

The idea is that if I believe you don't exist, AKA you being a figment of my imagination. There would be no way for you to prove to me that you do. It's the same as how I cannot prove a God doesn't exist.
>>
>>702338745
tits or gtfo
>>
File: cross23.jpg (70 KB, 951x1063) Image search: [Google]
cross23.jpg
70 KB, 951x1063
>>702358591
You did exist you were right there.

You have simply been made oblivious to it as have we all.

Listen I get that you want to think babies are innocent and make God out as some vile killer of the first born children of Egypt.. (as most do)

But you are not a new soul.

You were created at the same time all of us were. It would not make sense for God to hold folks to blame for Eve eating fruit* if you were not around to witness it.

Not what actually occurred but instead what religious tradition sadly teaches.
>>
But, deus ex is so bad. Literally have been playing it for 2 hours and fps is such garbage with my new gpu. I dont think god would approve deus ex being so bad, and neither should we. We should demand square enix to make better games in the name of the lord, and cast the casuals of the franchise into the pits of hell. I have a vision of world where i can breath clean deus ex into my lungs and say it is good to live, on gods side.
>>
>>702358880
Sure I can't prove that, but I never sought ought to prove beyond a doubt that God exists, but rather to give argument and evidence to support my view

We can have personal proof of God's existence in our lives, but when it comes to sharing it with others, we have to provide arguments and evidence
>>
>>702358925
titus or galations timothy for octopus ???
>>
>>702359031
The problem is that you logically can't support your view. It's too deep founded in the in explainable, it's too deep into the world of the unknown.

A God tends to defy most logic, such as why we even bother having organs and why we bother even having gravity. If you break everything we understand at such a fundamentally basic level, you have nothing left.

That's why I am Atheist. I believe that because there is not enough proof to disband or reinforce God's existence. I might as well not believe in him, because that is more consistent with the rest of my views.
>>
>>702358955
I have no reason to believe any of that is true, but in any case what is your point in trying to show that we existed as souls before we were on earth? It's a very strange and suspicious position to hold

I'm getting a very Satanic vibe here, as if you're attempting to elevate man to something more... just like Lucifer did in the garden of Eden

Do you say Jesus Christ is the Son of God who is God manifest in the flesh, who came to die for our sins, and reconcile us with the Father?
Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 60

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.