Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Fundamentally, the US does have a gun problem: http://www.gu

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 32
File: button that saves america.jpg (25 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
button that saves america.jpg
25 KB, 620x413
Fundamentally, the US does have a gun problem: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

You do not need guns to survive in today's society.

Hypothetically, if you could press a button that got rid of private gun ownership (legal or otherwise) overnight would you press it?
>>
>>701991162
Does the button also get rid of knowledge of how to manufacture guns and does it also rid humans of violent behavior?
>>
>>701991321
No, guns would still be in use by the military/police and people would still be morons.
>>
>>701991567
Then no i wouldnt press it
>>
>>701991770
For why?
>>
>Implying that people won't just make guns, or steal from police.
>>
>>701991834
Because all it does is get rid of guns for civilian use, and leaves people vulnerable to criminals
>>
>>701991834
You cant put the genie back in the bottle, i can build a gun in a single afternoon with shit from home depot.
>>
>>701991907
>>701991972
It's not that much of a problem in other countries though
>>
>>701991834
>Im sure the police and millitary use guns for the best intentions

>Im not a neoliberal cuck

Pick one
>>
>>701991162
The button only gets rid of ownership rights? Or it gets rid of all privately owned/stolen/homemade guns?
>>
/thread
This cannot be refuted unless you can remove literally every single firearm from the planet you're doing more harm than good by banning them
>>
>>701992105
It gets rid of all privately owned guns including stolen and homemade ones
>>
>>701991162
We don't have a gun problem, we have a nigger problem
>>
File: Los-Zetas-Cartel-640x480.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Los-Zetas-Cartel-640x480.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>701992033
Hola Senor, would you mind banning guns before we cross the border? My brother Juan wants to sell them on the street and he needs help
>>
>>701992221
Considering most violent crimes committed by blacks are against other blacks why do you need a gun if statistically you won't be targeted by "niggers".
>>
>>701992033
>implying any other country is comparable to the usa
>>
>>701992033
Search 4 winds shotgun or chechen guns

No, just getting your head bashed in by a common hammer is; which more people are killed by common hammers and kitchen knives in the usa. (about 5 times according to FBI stats)

Humans will find a way to kill someone if needed or desired.

We have since the first two men got angry.
We will continue to/
>>
>>701991162
The United States states has an African American problem. 7% of the population ie black males commit 60% of all violent crime. But yeah let's blame it on an inanimate object and ignore the issue at hand and try and get more people killed because you wanna live in lala land. God liberals piss me off
>>
>>701992576
True

>>701987723 #

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/06/gun_deaths_in_children_statistics_show_firearms_endanger_kids_despite_nra.html

>The United States accounts for nearly 75 percent of all children murdered in the developed world. Children between the ages of 5 and 14 in the United States are 17 times more likely to be murdered by firearms than children in other industrialized nations.

>More American children and teenagers died from gunfire in 2010—a single year—than U.S. troops in Afghanistan since 2001

>A recent meta-analysis revealed that easy access to firearms doubled the risk of homicide and tripled the risk for suicide among all household members.

nowhere is quite like the good ol' us of a
>>
>>701992459
Because statistics change
>>
>>701992597
The mass shootings that litter your history would not have happened if you had proper gun control laws.
>>
>>701992947
True, they would have been mass stabbings or mass bombings.

Much better, thank you
>>
>>701992869
>all the children killed by firearms in the usa were not around nefarious people
The problem isnt the guns anon.
I live in a rural area, everyone owns guns. No children have ever died from firearms in my 30 years here.
>>
>>701992869
Again look at what race the majority of those deaths are. I love how you dumbasses blame things on an inanimate object instead of the real problem. What's it like living with a single digit iq anon?
>>
>>701993071
Yeah, because a mass stabbing on the same scale is as possible a mass shooting
>>
I honestly can't comprehend why people wouldn't press the button when it would make your country safer
>>
>>701993089
>>701993155
I know not even americlaps are stupid enough to /actually/ believe the "guns don't kill people" shit
>>
>>701993284
So if i have a gun in room with people, someone is going to die?
>>
>>701993163
>mass shooting=3 people wounded by gunfire
Yeah
>>
Live in detroit for a year and get back to me faggot

once your ass stops bleeding and you can think straight you'll be begging for guns
>>
>>701993266
How can anyone place so much trust in their government?

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>701993284
Yeah you're right I should get rid of mine it might walk over here and kill me any second! Jesus christ how do people like you even function?
>>
>>701993391
I appreciate that not every person who owns a gun will shoot it at a person but you cannot deny that the US has a gun problem and that there is also a glut of guns. If you can't see the correlation there then you are part of the problem.
>>
>>701993604
>cannot deny the us has a gun problem

Again, it's a nigger problem. Do you disagree? Come visit our major cities, if you haven't before. If you survive, you'll agree. And if you don't, well, point proven
>>
>>701993604
>it must be access to guns
>it cant be:
>income inequality
>the drug war
>single parent homes
>a culture that celebrates violence in all media
>shit education
>etc.
>nah it is only access to weapons even though buying weapons legally require a federal background check and in most states a waiting period
>yep just the guns
Fuck off
>>
>>701993604
An inanimate object is not a problem
>>
>>701993604
Holy shit I hope your baiting. You talk about correlations but you seem to be ignoring the biggest fucking one. Ie African Americans. Gun violence would be nearly non existent without them in the US and that's irrefutable
>>
>>701993769
Seriously this.

There are so many more guns in the suburbs, yet you can walk your dog after dark or do anything within reason outside and you'll be totally fine.

Walk after dark through an inner-city ghetto where there are truly far fewer guns, and you'll be lucky to make it out with your life
>>
ah good old america

>we treated these people like animals for a century and specifically bred them for strength and aggression and now they're acting like animals! WTF!?
>>
File: 1471112430954.jpg (1 MB, 2886x1400) Image search: [Google]
1471112430954.jpg
1 MB, 2886x1400
>>701991162
Hypothetically...

I'd shoot any one I saw going for the button.
>>
>>701994144
>breeding slaves for aggression
Lol wut? You want a docile slave dumbass
>>
Guns have personalities and a vendetta against people?

Look at drugs

Cocaine - illegal, millions die go to prison etc for it, gangsters profit like hell, cocaine is everywhere

meth - literally same thing

Do you think banning guns will make them harder to get? No

Do you think criminals and gun nuts should be the only ones with guns? No

Do you think an armed robber chooses the house with the gun owner or the one without one?
>>
>>701994144
Explain Africa then dumbass. They were always like that
>>
30+ guns/ 6000+ rounds of ammo in my house. No murders. The primary violence problem the US has is pavement apes chimping out.
>>
>>701993927
Assuming you're correct, you don't think it would make sense to push the button and take guns out of the people who are products of what you described as well as your hands?
>>
>>701993937
but access to one like that is
>>
>>701993977
And its those criminals you're talking about that have the most to gain from easily available firearms.

You're giving them all the tools they need to be criminals. You're enabling them.
>>
>>701991162
I find it funny how Americunts feel they need guns to survive. Here in Germany there are many mudslime immigrants but our crime rate is still among the lowest in the world.
>>
>>701994628
Let's follow your train of "thought" So you ban guns right? Whoa there wait a second criminals don't obey the law so they still get them. Meanwhile Mr and misses law abiding citizen over here are no longer capable of defended themselves. Congratulations you just made crime skyrocket because no one can stop criminals anymore.
>>
If strict guns laws worked Chicago should be the picture of tranquility instead of Thunderdome.
>>
>>701991162
There's no need to push a button.

One more liberal Supreme Court judge and it's all going to be winding down.
>>
most people agree that americans defending their guns are fucking retarded.

they just don't post here because it's a fucking waste of time discussing anything with gun defenders
>>
>>701995049
i know it's hard. we all know americans are educationally subnormal. please do try and follow the premise of the thread though
>>
>>701994876
So guns will just magically disappear the second you ban them and they won't have access to them anymore? Oh wait no they won't they will still get them and the only thing to change is good people can't protect themselves anymore. Banning things doesn't work see drugs for reference
>>
>>701995056
kek
>>
>>701994558
The second ammendment guarantees all the rest. Defense from fellow citizens is only half the reason for owning them
>>
>>701991162
Guns don't kill people, mentally unstable retards kill people.

If someone wants to kill someone else they will find a way.
>>
>>701995267
Let's, for argument's sake assume that it's ALL privately owned/stolen/homemade guns everywhere. What then?
>>
>>701995029
>believing this
>>
>>701995459
But if they didn't have a gun there wouldn't be the mass shootings you regularly experience
>>
>>701995267

>guns will just magically disappear the second you ban them

When did I say the process of getting rid of guns would be instant?
>>
>>701995117
>most people agree

It must feel good to be a part of that happy herd. I never want to be like you, and my family will be able to defend our way of life whenever you come for it thanks to our guns
>>
>>701995594
he's referring to the concept in this thread
>>
>>701991162
>You do not need guns to survive in today's society.

They don't have guns to survive you moron. The fact you even mention is proves you have no fucking clue why they have guns at all.

Fuck off to Nickelodeon you utter dick.
>>
>>701995607
>im afraid of other people influencing my way of life with their fresh opinions
>better shoot them
murrica
>>
>>701995459
Except the other methods aren't as easy to carry out.

Killing a person with a knife is not the same process as killing them with a gun. Range, lethality, ease of use, etc, all make firearms different from other means.
>>
>>701991162
oh look OP found a bunch of morons with the same opinion as his.
>>
>>701991162
I'd be willing to press a button that got rid of all GOVERNMENTALLY owned weapons, since gov'ts are actually the most murderous fuckers there are.

Compare all injuries caused by privately owned weapons, including cars, lawnmowers, knives, and fucking slingshots, with only the deaths caused by gov't small arms (pistols and rifles).

Your government is a lot more likely to kill you than your neighbor, or even some psycho.

Whatever can we do about that? I know! We can make it a foundational precept of our government that individuals have the right to keep firearms.

Also, since a free people are the source of all governmental authority, no lawful gov't has any authority the individual citizens do not, especially when it comes to harming those citizens.

>mfw there are no lawful gov'ts
>>
>>701994558
No because the problem cant be boiled down to one cause. It is like saying video games cause all violence, it isnt true. America's violence is based on many different variables and taking away the guns only put the vulnerable at risk.
>>
>>701996022
the vulnerable do not own guns. pressing the button would make them safer
>>
>>701995582
No there would be mass killings
>>
>>701996138
>no woman owns a gun
>none of the elderly own guns
>no single mothers own guns
>no handicap people own guns
Fuck off with your bait. Pressing the button would make them more vulnerable. Guns are the great equalizer no longer does a woman need to fear a man. No longer does the sickly man have to fear the healthy
>>
>>701996022
No one thinks guns are the cause of violence. Rather, they enable the violence to happen with a severity and level of ease that sets them apart.
>>
>>701992033
Actually look up the violent crime and mass killing statistics. After getting rid or seriously regulating guns, crime/ murder rates didnt change and just continued to follow the same trends. It society not the guns. Last thing I want is this dishonest fucking government being the only fucker armed
>>
File: 1410925281296.jpg (877 KB, 2048x1614) Image search: [Google]
1410925281296.jpg
877 KB, 2048x1614
>>701996323
In the past few decades the demographic of gun owners has been shrinking even as there are more guns in the US. Many people who own guns hoard them -- which speaks to their mental state.

And that's my biggest issue with guns: the types of people who tend to own guns are the exact type of people who shouldn't own guns.
>>
>>701996323
i do not want to live in your world view. thankfully im far away from the usa
>>
File: Screenshot_20160831-144806.jpg (324 KB, 1406x639) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160831-144806.jpg
324 KB, 1406x639
>>701996426
You were saying?
But of course guns make it easier, but it isnt the guns fault that some asshole is violent. A killer will find a way to kill, you understand this right?
>>
>>701996686
It isnt the hoarders killing people.
>>701996692
>i want to live in a world where the weak must fear the strong
>i want to live in a world where the weak are oppressed
Sounds like a utopia
>>
>>701996522
What this guy said. "Gun violence" goes down, rate of violent crime stays the same or spikes and then returns to normal.
>>
>>701996725
You understand that the range and lethality of a firearm is different from a knife or a hammer right?

You do understand they are not the same thing don't you?
>>
>>701991162

No I wouldn't because that's stealing which is evil.
>>
>>701993604
correlation does not equal causation. Jesus fucking christ. Its not rocket science. We got guns so dem gunz must be cauzin da crime!! dats sceince
>>
>>701997024
Yes i do understand, but if a killer wants to kill he will find a way. Just because one has a longer range doesnt mean the other is useless look at japan
>>
>>701996725
you're not aware of how much having a pro-gun environment from birth influences the choices a depressed person perceives to have. in your world a "killer" is a psychopath straight out of a horror movie. those people do exist but they're so rare as to be ignored
>>
>>701992033
But they do.
>>
>>701996138
>>none of the elderly own guns
>>no single mothers own guns
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/02/02/world-war-2-veteran-fires-single-shot-gun-stop-burglar
>>
>>701997218
Guns do make killing easier, but it doesnt make people want to kill.
>>
>>701996886
compared to you im living in one, because the people i live with don't feel weak if they don't own an instrument that could end another persons life. you lack the ability to change your point of view in this matter
>>
>>701991162
No. I might press a button that would completely eliminate everything "guns and up", and the knowledge of how to make such things, but I will not willingly take a means of defense way from the citizens if it still exists elsewhere. That's asking to be taken advantage of/ruled like a slave because you cant say no to the man in charge with the guns.
>>
>>701991162
while the united states has a gun problem in terms of unregistered guns, we actually have more of a violence problem.
even though violence is decreasing and has been for the past 30-40 years, and the percentage of violence against military
aged males has dropped significantly, the problem still needs to be addressed as a whole to combat gun violence.
>>
>>701997424
as soon as a person owns a gun he's not vulnerable. a truly vulnerable person is someone who in your gun infested world chooses to not own a gun. your world-view forces people to buy instruments of death for them to feel safe
>>
>>701997459
So the weak in your society are equals to the strong, the weak are never preyed upon in your country? I find that hard yo believe. I am willing to change my opinion, but no one has ever brought up a good enough reason for me to do so.
>>
>>701993163
You ever been stabbed? Like really stabbed? You'd rather be shot.
>>
>>701997153
>>701996957
>>701996522

If statistics favor gun ownership, why does the gun lobby block studying those statistics whenever they can? What are they trying to hide?

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-gun-research-funding-20160614-snap-story.html
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-launched-comprehensive-gun-study-15-years/story?id=39873289

If gun fanatics had the strength of their convictions, they wouldn't be afraid of scientific inquiry.
>>
>>701997690
>implying owning a weapon means it will be used
>>
Your gun laws need psychiatric test in order to weed out people who will kill other people and people who wont the problem the states is that you can buy a gun online, no test to proof of id. Thats the problem. this eliminates the "Well I need my gun for protection!" arguement because if your mentally unstable and some guy says "no youll shoot people" guess what? you dont need a gun. end of story.
>>
>>701993266
If the button magically poofed all weapons and previous knowledge of seats weapons out of existence then fine. I'd press it.
>>
>>701993284
Lol. People use guns to kill people. Knives can kill too. Or chairs. Or literally anything. People use anything to kill people.

Also, you do realize that violent crime on the whole has gone way way down? Even with guns, the western world is the safest it's ever been!
>>
>>701997690
You cant be this fucking stupid. Read the article, intruder breaks in with an axe.
....with an axe
......AN AXE
Not a firearm but its still the problem of a gun infested world that someone could easily chop this dude to pieces with an axe? Great critical thinking skills there.
>>
Hey retard, what if I told you there's nothing you can do to keep guns out of the hands of criminals?
>>
>>701997693
the weak are preyed upon, but not to the extreme as to having guns involved in the majority of incidents. it's mostly physical fights, which translates into far less deaths. having a shooting iny my country would cause high media coverage. in america it happens so often that people do not realize how often it happens
>>
>>701997617
Surely you don't believe the governments power comes solely from guns do you?

You are delusional if you think your little AR15 is going to have any restraint on the government's actions.
>>
>>701997838
living in a pro-gun environment influences the choices you perceive to have, no matter your mental state. thats what causes the deaths, idiots, drugged or depressed people having access to instruments of human death
>>
>>701997795
CDC EXPRESSSLY stated the goal of the study was to decrease private ownership of firearms. That immediately shows they are no interested in an actual scientifically accurate study. They showed a clear bias and didn't deserve tax payer money to push their agenda WHICH THEY STATED. Literally the biggest no-no in science.
>>
you can make guns less available therefore making it harder to get a gun. Also on that note normal people just call 911 because the criminal has an upper hand and odds are they wont hesitate to shoot you on the other hand being a level headed human being will
>>
>>701998314
If thats true why has every dictator before committing mass murder taken weapons?
>>
File: Commies.jpg (241 KB, 1984x1314) Image search: [Google]
Commies.jpg
241 KB, 1984x1314
>>701991162
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>701998168
So yeah totally id much rather have the most vulnerable beaten on a regular basis, what a progressive society you live in.
>>
because they arent level headed human beings are they? also we have a military for a reason. you are not in a dictatorship you do not have to worry about that
>>
>>701998314
>drugged or depressed people
That is the problem, not the weapons dumbass. It is like you would attack a cold by ripping out your mucus membranes.
>>
>>701993089
"me, everyone I know, and everyone within 100 miles of me makes up less than of .00001% of the population of the US, so I can tell you that my experiences are representative of the general population and my world veiws are challenged regularly"
>>
>>701998321
Then let them do their study and expose their bad methods, thus torpedoing gun control efforts forever.

But you're afraid it won't be bad science. You're afraid it will be accurate and unimpeachable.

People who are confident in their views wouldn't fear scientific inquiry.
>>
>>701998451
your question does not relate to my statement. you're talking about the fear of the government taking control by force. if you truly fear this you should probably go live somewhere where you feel safe
>>
>>701998601
>societies never change
Yeah the jews shouldnt have worried about hitler either or the Chinese with mao, or russia with stalin.
>>
>>701998648
its very relevant you just dont want to answer
>>
if you scroll up I said there should be a psychiatric test to carry a gun
>>
>>701996686
That's not even true. Gun ownership has been steadily on the rise and CCW applications are at their highest rates in years.
>>
File: 1465673179760.png (19 KB, 467x401) Image search: [Google]
1465673179760.png
19 KB, 467x401
>>701991162
>>
>>701998500
because killing a person is much more civilized than injuring him
>>
>>701998291
I dont, but if they bring out the big guns in order to decimate the many millions of gun owners, they won't have much country to rule. And people have won against greater odds before.

Now if you take away the guns youre just making it impossible.
>>
>>701991162
>Fundamentally, the US does have a gun problem
This is an incorrect assertion. This is no more correct than suggesting Rosie O'Donnell has a silverware problem.
As you are well aware, some people have no moral compass and place zero value on human life. When those people decide to take a life, they use whatever objects are at hand. These objects are unimportant to the malevolent and easily replaced with other objects, as goal is simply to assume power by taking life. Knife, bat, pipe, vehicle, poisons, bombs, or guns, they are interchangeable
What you are trying to accomplish is the disarming of the masses such that those who are physically superior have an easier pathway toward taking power, and enslaving the weak.
You are transparent.
>>
File: 1465662567377.jpg (86 KB, 750x950) Image search: [Google]
1465662567377.jpg
86 KB, 750x950
>>701991162
nope.
>>
>>701998793
if you think so. i honestly don't see the relation
>>
wow... gun owners are just fixated and unreasonable...
>>
>>701995029
Exactly how brown is your wife's son?
>>
>>701998646
Its not scientific when you approach a study with clear bias. Also, they are no longer blocked from doing studies. I will repeat this one more time for you just so you get it. No one in the gun community fears scientific inquiry, they fear intentionally biased studies done with the purpose of taking our firearms.
>>
>>701998852
Need to get out of that NRA bubble mate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/03/05/america-has-more-guns-in-fewer-hands-than-ever-before%E2%80%8B/
http://gss.norc.org/get-the-data
>>
>>701998646
The cdc did a gun study in december of 2015 of wilmington Delaware and they subcontracted this study after sandy hook
http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1
>>
>>701998919
Yes. If you show there are no consequences what stops him from doing it again. What stops others? Enjoy your country where the weak get beaten and have no defense from predators.
>>
>>701999174
>posts the washington post.
>pushing a anti-gun agenda that literally falsifies """facts"""
>>
>>701999086
#notanargument
>>
>>701999001

Funny you trot out CDC statistics when the gun lobby fights tooth and nail to keep the CDC from researching gun violence because they are afraid of the results.
>>
>>701995582
Mass shootings are a meme. They make up FAR less than 1% of total homicides.
>>
>>701997795
>>701998321
>>701998646
>>701999143
I don't get what you fags are arguing; they've already done and released studies.

http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3
>>
>>701999003
Lol your right, I replied to the wrong comment
>>
>>701991162
>You do not need
Stopped reading right there. This is America, dammit, not some commie hellhole. Our rights are based on needs.
>>
school shootings are fun hey gun ownerswhat would replace that!?
>>
>>701999309
you're beyond reason
>>
>>701999174
>washington post

Hahahaha; let me guess you cringe and call people retarded when they post links to Breitbart or Fox news?
>>
>>701999344
Cdc subcontrated this study in 2013
http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1
The reason they did so was for two reasons, one to get around their self imposed rule of not studying violence and two in case the study didnt have favorable results they could say it wasnt a cdc study, even though it was contracted by them. Ill give you a hint, it isnt favorable to them.
>>
File: DSC_0159-edit-web.jpg (833 KB, 1349x1192) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0159-edit-web.jpg
833 KB, 1349x1192
>>701996686
I'm a millennial with a Bachelors in Fine Arts. I also own a fuckton of guns.
Gun ownership is skyrocketing among women and minorities, and almost all my friends in their 20's have guns.
>>
>>701999565
How so? How am i uncivilized when i want the weakest members of society to be able to be equals to the strong?
>>
Your right there's no convincing me that we shouldn't keep mentally unstable people away from guns.
>>
>>701999445
Just why they were blocked in the first place.
>>
>>701995808
>My way of life is gone because the EU and mamma Merkel took away what little rights I had.
>But at least I didn't fight back, that would be inconceivable.

This is why we hate you fucking cuckholds.
>>
>>701999560
machete attacks in trains, schools, theaters, malls, churches etc.
>>
>>701998646
That's what this was supposed to be. But it was so bad they didn't finish it.

>>
>>701992131
bad argument. someone else can have that responsibility because they need to qualify themself through training tests and ongoing reviews (police). just like you cant decide if we're going to war by yourself but the government can.
>>
>>701999760
guns are not needed for that, tasers would do. unless of course the strong use guns, then you'd need guns yourself. better invent something that kills by thought, to be on the safe side
>>
guns kill more people faster and fox news does next to no research.
>>
File: 1465675961361.png (85 KB, 1280x1298) Image search: [Google]
1465675961361.png
85 KB, 1280x1298
>>
>>701999174
Guy you replied to.

>WaPo

Hahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>701999925
we never had a gun culture like you did, there was nothing to be taken away
>>
>>701999744
diddo 24 B.S. Econ, dont got a pic but I have 4 guns
>>
>>702000071
>tasers would do
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-carbon-tape-Taser-proof-jacket/
>>
>>701999744
AHAHAHAHAHAHA FINE ARTS DEGREE AHAHAHAHAHAHA
how do you even make enough to own those guns
>>
>>702000071
>tasers
Tasers are ineffective and you know it. Also your civilized country probably doesnt allow the weak to carry such devices, probably just a whistle
>>
>>701999831
If we're talking about the NRA and gun lobby groups in general then it's because they are just like any other organization with their grips around the throats of politicians and hands in their pockets. Politics is filled with shitty underhanded fags from all sides because that's sadly what wins in that realm. When you donate to organizations for your cause you're giving money to blood sucking devils who will do and say anything to get their way.
>>
>>701999326
>>701999596
>>702000217

You don't think the Washington post did the study do you?
The newspaper is reporting on the study which was done by the respected and reputable GSS.

http://gss.norc.org/About-The-GSS
http://gss.norc.org/get-the-data

I can't say I'm shocked at conspiratorial thinking coming from gun owners. If you think the GSS used bad methods, then expose them and invalidate their study. But you know you can't so you cry bias. Pro tip: just because something goes against your worldview doesn't mean it's biased. YOU are the one who is biased if you don't adjust your views based on evidence.
>>
>>701994422
poverty among other societal factors does that
>>
File: IW-BPV-MOLLE-XL_Black_1[1].jpg (205 KB, 800x877) Image search: [Google]
IW-BPV-MOLLE-XL_Black_1[1].jpg
205 KB, 800x877
>>702000355
>>
All you idiots forget about the socioeconomic factors that make places like Chicago shit. You need to know the difference between correlation and coincidence.
>>
>>701999103
insecure faggot
>>
File: DSC_0093websmall.jpg (2 MB, 5371x3579) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0093websmall.jpg
2 MB, 5371x3579
We should just turn this into a gun porn thread. Only OC!
This is my Springfield 1911 Loaded converted to 460 Rowland
>>
>>701995551
its fact you dumb fuck. do some research
>>
>>702000071
>guns are not needed for that, tasers would do. unless of course the strong use guns, then you'd need guns yourself. better invent something that kills by thought, to be on the safe side
tasers would not do at all, not only are they extremely temperamental (sometimes they have literally no affect) they dont work if someone has something as simple as a heavy coat on
>>
>>702000059
What does police training have to do with handing off your responsibility to protect yourself?
>>
>>702000437
>a lobby that actively protects a part of the bill of rights is evil
Fuck off, next thing we know youll be saying a free speech lobby isnt needed, like the free speech coalition.
>>
>>701991162
No
>>
File: DSC_0090websmall.jpg (2 MB, 5371x3579) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0090websmall.jpg
2 MB, 5371x3579
>>702000388
I got that fine-ass corporate internal printing services yo. It's not glamerous, but it pays the bills and then some.

more oc gun porn.
>>
>>701999344
And this one
>>
>>701991162
so you're saying the first thing i have to do is go out and illegally acquire a rifle, something i have a duty as a citizen to own
>>
>>702000059
And someone else will magically teleport into my house if someone's already in my house with a gun and I might be dead in minutes?
>>
>>702000392
can you imagine that the only time i've ever seen a real weapon, aside from movies, is at a police station when i was 7, and on a few policemen? i've never witnessed a gun incident. the last gun incident in my city is years ago, once. when a gun incident happens in my country its a big deal, wheres in the usa its so common as to be ignored. no, i like the way it is
>>
LOL sure fight gun rights to the death and I do mean the death because when it really comes down to it most of you who own a gun will hesitate to shoot down the mentally unstable dude with a gun and you'll die by the power of the very thing you loved.
>>
>>702000546
congratulations, you're now protected from most pistol calibers as opposed to all tasers
>>
>>701997690
>Being a victim is morally superior.

Jesus Christ you euroshits are beyond saving.
>>
>>701995980
>Your government is a lot more likely to kill you than your neighbor, or even some psycho.
no its not. look up death statistics, 99.99% of the time its not the government.
which, if someone has common sense, is obvious.
>>
>>702000546
touché. the common low budget anyone can afford and build - kevlar vest. All the cool kids are wearing them these days. I have them in several colors.
>>
>>702000865
Yeah it must be cool knowing if you are handicapped the only thing to prevent you from getting beaten is the police and your whistle. Such a bastion of progress
>>
File: XM2.jpg (894 KB, 2430x1027) Image search: [Google]
XM2.jpg
894 KB, 2430x1027
>>702000787
Here's an m-16a1 I built from a parts kit. Most everything on it is from the Vietnam Era, except for the receiver of course. Gotta follow THE ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF GUN LAWS already on the books in America.
>>
Literally just put my gun on
>>
>>701991162
Why do you care? Jelly much?
>>
euro??? bitch I'm canada right above you
>>
>>702000938
i never said anything about morals, that's you misinterpreting my post
>>
>>701991162
Is there a button the vet rid of all niggers jews and spics instead?
>>
File: File_000.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
File_000.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>702000612
My AR-15 Buis not included
>>
>>702001010
you're implying that in countries that are not the usa, people often physically abuse handicapped people. did you check if that was the case before you shat on your keyboard?
>>
File: 1452294140644.gif (1 MB, 480x204) Image search: [Google]
1452294140644.gif
1 MB, 480x204
>>702001121
>doesnt understand meme arrows mean implying
>>
>>702001166
wait wait wait,,, HOLD up, HOLD THE FUCK UP EVERYONE.... this fucking nigger has 220266 copies of this picture....
>>
File: DSC_0010.jpg (532 KB, 1112x1017) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0010.jpg
532 KB, 1112x1017
>>702001028
Here's an old ass picture of my EDC
>>
>>701991162
Strict gun laws didn't change shit in places like Australia or France.
>>
>>702000865
I've been around guns all my life. The first time I ever fired one I was seven years old. I have also never seen a gun incident. Turns out the media narrative of nonstop gun violence and blood on the streets is a lie. Shocking, I know. As long as you stay out of the ghetto, your chance of getting shot is practically zero.
>>
>>702000697
What if I have police training? Now can I into guns without you libfags acting booty blasted? Not the guy you replied to btw
>>
>>701991162

No, because a good portion of my diet and income comes from hunting.

Do you know how much a rich suburban fuck will pay for a bearskin rug?
>>
File: 1471997192547.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1471997192547.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>701991567
>>
>>702001283
i wasn't implying it either
>>
File: DSC_0140.jpg (498 KB, 1162x778) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0140.jpg
498 KB, 1162x778
>>702001225
sick, what are the specs?

Mine is a Daniel Defense M4V5.
Troy BUIS and an Aimpoint PRO. ErgoGrip and an O-Light 300lumen flashlight.
>>
>>701991162
You do realize that most of these are gang violence and robbery gone sour
>>
File: Untitled.png (332 KB, 1000x714) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
332 KB, 1000x714
>>701992869
>this faggot again

We settled this in the previous thread. There is no correlation between an increase in gun control and a decrease in homicide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/10/06/zero-correlation-between-state-homicide-rate-and-state-gun-laws/?utm_term=.5c1c8c3d05c7
>>
>>702001325
your cute tale doesn't change your gun abuse statistics
>>
>>701991162
its niggers
>>
>>702000442
see, someone knows their shit and suddenly none of these idiots know a counterargument.
hint: because there is none
>>
>>702001271
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/18/abuse-disabled-people-sexually-abused-england-cuts-services
http://www.who.int/disabilities/violence/en/
>>
>>702000706
I'm not at all saying what they defend is evil; i'm pro gun myself. I'm saying that ALL these organizations in general engage in dirty, slimy, and underhanded political strategy to get their cause accomplished. Whether that cause is righteous or not is for us to decide. The pro-gun, anti-gun groups, pro oil/fossil fuel, pro environment, pro abortion, pro life and so on are all filled with these snakes of human beings because that's simply what that line of business entails.
>>
>>701999174
>Washington post

Really expected the article to be written by a "berg" or "stein"
>>
Sadly. Regardless of how many murders there are, the right and duty of the people to own firearms will always be infinitely more important. You guys can cry about it all you want, but that's the simple fact of the matter and no matter what regulation gets passed, it doesn't change that fact
>>
>>702000799
>>701999599

>Unintentional injury is the leading cause of death in Americans aged 1 to 44 (NCHS, 2012). Firearm-related injury, in particular, is a serious threat to the health of the nation, with direct costs to the victims of violence as well as societal costs to families, friends, and communities. In 2010, there were twice as many nonfatal firearm-related injuries (73,505) as deaths.
>According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI’s) Uniform Crime Reporting Program, 68,720 people were murdered in firearm-related violence between 2007 and 2011. During that same time frame, firearms accounted for more than twice as many murders as all other weapons combined (FBI, 2011b). More than two-thirds of victims murdered by a spouse or ex-spouse died as a result of a gunshot wound (Cooper and Smith, 2011).
>More than 600,000 victims of robbery and other crimes reported that they faced an assailant armed with a gun (Truman and Rand, 2010).
>if gun ownership raises the risk of suicide, homicide, or the use of weapons by those who invade the homes of gun owners, this could cancel or outweigh the beneficial effects of defensive gun use (Kellermann et al., 1992, 1993, 1995).

Yeah this study makes guns sound like regular life savers lmao.
>>
>>702001773
So whats the problem? Elect a non shithead as your representative
>>
>>702001614
your article only takes the usa into consideration, it doesn't compare to other countries
>>
File: DSC_0102-EDIT.jpg (2 MB, 2183x1461) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0102-EDIT.jpg
2 MB, 2183x1461
>>702001549
Here's one for you artsy fuckers.
Keep that gun porn rolling
>>
>>701991162
America doesn't have a gun violence problem.
The problem stems from the ghetto/blacks.

Did you know, adjusted for population, blacks are 200 times more likely to kill a white person than a white person is to a black?

In NYC blacks make up 23% of the population and commit 75% of the shootings.

Whites make up 33% of NYC and commit 3% of the shootings.

These kinds of statistics are repeated all over the country.

It's not a gun problem. It's something else.
>>
>>702001549
>Troy BUIS and an Aimpoint PRO. ErgoGrip and an O-Light 300lumen flashlight.
Built it myself, Troy BUIS as well, .223 wylde 1:8 twist. Anderson lower, Wise arms upper. Shitty UTG red dot (Saving for a Comp M4s) with magpul furniture and angled grip.
>>
>>701991162
We have a problem with niggers owning guns.
>>
>>702001792
see >>702000442

That newspaper didn't perform the study. You can find links to that particular study from various media outlets.

It's telling that you have nothing to say about the study itself.
>>
>>702001958
You're right, this particular article/study only looks at the US.

However, if you were to look at other countries, I'm sure you would find the same absence of correlation. But feel free to point to a published study that shows a statistically significant correlation between an increase in gun control and a decrease in all homicides (not just gun homicides).
>protip: you can't
>>
>>702001874
>out of 350,000,000 people
>>
>>702001621
You gave your anecdote and I gave mine. As for gun abuse, people are always going to abuse tools. Fact is, for every person who abuses them, there are millions who don't. Why should millions be deprived of weapons based on the actions of the few?
>>
>>702001918
>Elect a non shithead as your representative

Only way to win in politics is to be a shithead.
>>
>>702000843
>if someone's already in my house with a gun
see, youre so fucked you cant even imagine that this is not a real possibility in truly developed countries. i live in germany and the likelyhood of someone suddenly in my house with a gun is probably the same as me getting hit by a meteor. because people dont have easy access to guns. which then massively increases the cost of guns on the black market, which you even have to find first (im betting you dont have access to the black market as most people do). so all the normal criminals cant even afford a gun, and if they can, they probably got better stuff to do than invade the house of some guy cause they are rich as fuck. Robberies do happen here, but not with guns which massively decreases the probability of death in such situtations. I dont need a gun to feel safe in my house.
>>
>>702002364
>self fulfilling prophecy
Jesus.
>>
>>702002279
see
>>702000156

you're wrong.
>>
>>702002438
Didnt stop a child from shooting up a mall did it?
>>
This is 100% true. Just yesterday during daylight in a good Area I was attacked by a gang of blacks. They pulled out a knife and asked me. If I was a blood. And before I could say anything he's fucking nigger friend yelled "stab him stab him". I ran as fast as I could and barely escaped I didn't stop runing until I entered the mall nearby and hid there for hours. I'm white, clean cut, in no way resembles any kind of gang style. Niggers just wanted to fucking nig. I was opposed to carrying a gun, but after that attack, fuck those niggers. bear mace and a pistol are my new carry arounds. Not gonna take that shit.
>>
>>702002449
Lol that is totally a trustworthy study
>>
>>702002442
Hey I wish it wasn't like that but that's how it is. Government is and always will be a necessary evil.
>>
>>702000697
police training is the reason I allow others to have a gun and protect me, thereby not needing to own one myself and preventing others who arent trained/tested from getting one and dangering me. its a win/win.
>>
File: XM3.jpg (914 KB, 1936x1296) Image search: [Google]
XM3.jpg
914 KB, 1936x1296
>>702002073
Damn, with a barrel like that, you should consider something magnified. It's probably laser-pew-pew accurate.

What else you got?
Here's a close-up of the m16 I built.
>>
>>702002627
>hehe xd only the studies that push my agenda are relevent
>>
>>702002660
And you can elect non shitheads.
>>
>>702001347
>Now can I into guns without you libfags acting booty blasted?
please learn to express yourself before you try arguing
>>
>>702001773
Its a necessary evil. The anti gunners lobby so we have to as well. Its a vicious cycle but nothing will change because lobbying isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>702002669
So you have a police officer right there with you all the time then?
>>
>>701991162
I would disconnect the button and destroy it preventing anyone from pressing it.
>>
File: 1460996282789.jpg (168 KB, 642x960) Image search: [Google]
1460996282789.jpg
168 KB, 642x960
>>701991162

Communist lies and propaganda.

The U.S. doesn't have a gun problem. Jews just want to disarm good honest people so their nigger and spic foot soldiers can murder off everyone of even the remotest value.
>>
>>702002756
Let me guess you're a Gary or Steinfag?
>>
>>702002449
>brazil
Not many guns, homicide rate off the chart. Explain that.

You can point at maps all you want, but run the numbers and you'll see that there is no correlation.

This looks at multiple countries and actually found an INCREASE in homicides after stricter gun control laws were adopted:

http://crimeresearch.org/2013/12/murder-and-homicide-rates-before-and-after-gun-bans/
>>
>>701991162
>You do not need guns to survive in today's society.
How long do you think "today's society" would last without guns? Are you daft?
>>
>>702002702
>hehe if i mock him he totally wont question my graph that has no sources, no date, and no way to double check
>le master troll
you make that graph yourself in paint? Tell me where you pulled it from and ill check out the sources
>>
>>702002778
Faggot
>>
>>702002960
legally owned guns.
>>
>>702001325
>I have also never seen a gun incident. Turns out the media narrative of nonstop gun violence and blood on the streets is a lie.
>my anecdotal experience counts more than actual facts and statistics
try logic
>>
>>701992947
Mass shootings account for a tiny fraction of gun related deaths.
>>
>>702002542

>I outran a pack of niggers

Immediately knew youre lying
>>
>>702003016
>Faggot
hurr durr
>>
>>702002910
No. Im talking about your local representative, you know the one who actually writes laws worrying about the president is retarded, worry about your state and federal representatives. Or do you not know who is running in your area?
>>
>>701991162
No.
>>
>>702003023
So gun control laws did nothing to actually reduce the prevalence of guns or gun violence. Got it.
>>
>>701993163
Look at China Korea and japan. Stabbing sprees all the time.
>>
>>702002040

this.
>>
>>702002542
Winnipeg Manitoba btw. Nigs and natives fucking up Canada
>>
File: 1460821660794.jpg (16 KB, 640x354) Image search: [Google]
1460821660794.jpg
16 KB, 640x354
>>701992325
>>
>>702003152
Yeah, we're on the same side.
>>
>>702002670
Im at work now and dont have pics but I carry an xd-s 9mm. I have a super old marlin .22 a 20 gauge (Both given to me by my father) As well as 2 Lee Enfields, one a jungle carbine another a just regular standard issue rifle. (Super hard to find ammo for them).

That barrel is crazy accurate with the Sierra 77gr OTM. Best I could do was a 4 shot group with about a .75 moa group using that shitty UTG red dot. I thought about an ACOG but I'd rather a red dot. I dont shoot much past 250 m.
>>
>>702003052
because theres so many other gun related deaths in your country, which, ironically, is because of missing gun control.
>>
>>702001028
I came
>>
>>702002040
>how does poverty affect crime rates?!??!?!1111
>>
Op is right. However, the gun problem is that there are not enough people with guns. Bad guys choose easy targets. Make the situation worse for them and they will not do crap.
>>
File: 1469883586259.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1469883586259.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>>701991162
shut the fuck up europoor.
the day will come you would be happy to have a gun for protecting your familly.
>>
>>702003315
Nigs gonna nig.
>>
>>702003619
fags gonna fag
>>
>>702003707
muslims gonna bomb
>>
>>702003551
Why the fuck is nigger lives matter sjw's posting on 4chan?
>>
>>702003611
>europoor
oh yes, i feel very poor with my free healthcare and low crime rates
>>
>>702003865
>low crime rates
did you ever looked at your police stats ?
>>
>>702003865
>Free healthcare
>Doesn't understand taxes
>Thinks crime rates are low because brainwashed by anti-gunners.
>>
>>702003861
>muh no arguments
>better use dumb buzzwords
>hah gottem
>>
>>702003551
Well then if they are in poverty why don't they get honest jobs to work their way out of it instead of joining gangs, preforming illegal activity that will get them arrested and affect their job opportunities, having kids out of wedlock, or doing drugs to make them feel better all while living off of the government's handouts.
>>
Everyone in the thread who is "Anti-gun" needs to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoLuTjguJA
>>
As long as there are niggers we need guns
>>
>>702004025
Please go back to tumblr or better yet kys. This place is not for you, it never has been for you, so fuck off.
>>
>>702003865
>free healthcare
pays for it every month but think it is free
>>
>>701991972
it gets rid of private ownership. criminal or no this shit is supernatural
>>
>>702003315
We have plenty of gun control and it works great on law abiding citizens. Now if we could only get those fucking niggers to respect and obey the law...
>>
>>702001353
This is half the problem in the USA. Most of you live under economic slavery masquerading as liberty. You have no real social services despite paying equal tax to other western countries so you have to work for a pitiful minimum wage and resort to "hunting" and crime to make ends meet.

tl;dr America is the biggest joke in the world.
>>
>>702004002
>taxes are bad
>hurr durr
my taxes are used for something good and I wouldnt want to change that
>>
>>701991162
No because that would fuck up the economy.
>>
>>702004136
what about no
if you think this place is for dumb racists then youre the one wrong here and probably a newfag
so gtfo
>>
File: 2ndAmendment.jpg (62 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
2ndAmendment.jpg
62 KB, 640x427
>>701991162
you are the reason America is losing touch with its roots and is slowly trading civil liberties for "social equality"

please move to Canada or the U.K. if you're too much of a cuck to handle freedom, don't poison the well for those of us that value it
>>
>>702004306
>obviously never visited the US
>>
>>702004064
This.
>>
>>701991162
>gun problem
>not a nigger problem

get your facts straight
>>
>>701994422
there is nothing left to steal.
this is what will happen when whites become the smallest minority.
>>
>>702004250
>We have plenty of gun control and it works great on law abiding citizens.
kek give law abiding guns and there no problem either.
>>
>>702004058
you have college graduates working in mcdonalds because they cant find a job, guess how that works out for poor uneducated people.
>>
>>702003315
Do you realize that in the US (Which I'm not from, I'm from a shitty restrictive controlling country when it comes to firearms) that all the cities/towns that have heavy gun laws, which are controlled by democrats by the way, have the highest gun crimes and murder rates? So... The places that have the tightest gun laws, detroit for example, have the worst murder rates.

On the opposite end of the spectrum. Places like Plano, Texas have the highest gun ownership in America yet it has the lowest murder rate in the entire country.

Explain that one genius.
>>
>>702004212
>implying all violent crime is committed with guns
>>
File: 1430117880565.jpg (59 KB, 429x443) Image search: [Google]
1430117880565.jpg
59 KB, 429x443
>>701997459
>i dont feel weak
try living next to psychos and drug addicts like the rest of us you fucking delusional poof
>>
File: 1385895122049.png (9 KB, 478x265) Image search: [Google]
1385895122049.png
9 KB, 478x265
>>702004505
this probably bait. too stupid to take seriously.
>>
>>702004661
And this is why we need to bring in more unskilled labor
>>
>>702004306
The last sentence here sums it up perfectly. Just scrolling by, I don't argue with Muritards/muslims/feminists. They're all the same close minded, indoctrinated and self righteous fucking idiots in the world. Literally 90% of all the problems are solved with those 3 not existing. Excluding Africa but they're irrelevant to me
>>
>>701993391
I live in a home where 3 people carry guns every day. We have been known to get into some heated debate. None of us has shot another.
tl;dr I live in a white household.
>>
>>702004697
>Explain that one genius.
then explain to me the low gun and murder rates in europe
funny example: in the uk most policemen dont even walk around with guns and their rates went down since
>>
>>702004563
I certainly have.
I got lost off the Las Vegas strip and a very kind homeless man helped me back to the strip. I gave him $50 for helping me. I asked a police officer to point me in the right direction, but there had been a shooting of a bus driver right next to where I was going. When I approached the police officer he pushed the side of his assault rifle against my chest and told me to step away.

I witnessed a mugging in New York City at gunpoint in the village where the sex and the city house is (can't remember the name)

Beautiful country, and definitely culturally rich but the fucking guns just made is a horribly scary place.

The funny thing is that I actually *AM* a gun owner in Australia, but seeing people carrying in the streets is bone chilling.
>>
>>702004697
>tightest gun laws, detroit for example, have the worst murder rates.
I think we both know that detroit is a thing of itself. theres many more factors there than just the laws
>>
>>702004508
>Thinking you're free

Nigger. Trump addressed this 2nd amendment, almost got kicked out of the country because of it. I'm not a trump cuck, just pointing out the hypocrisy here
Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 32

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.