Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Have you ever smelled a dead body? I haven't, but I hear

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 26
File: EzuRiverFloatingDeadBody.jpg (56 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
EzuRiverFloatingDeadBody.jpg
56 KB, 425x319
Have you ever smelled a dead body? I haven't, but I hear it's life changing. Any stories?
>>
>>701631849
>but I hear it's life changing.
You need better hearing.
>>
>>701631849
Never worked a badly decomposed one, but I've seen a lot of gunshot wounds. They all smell different
>>
I haven't but my dad has. Him and his brother found a dead body on their deer lease. My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this day but his brother was fine and spoke to the police and all but he's been homeless and a carney his whole life and has probably seen some shit.
>>
File: Big O finale.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
Big O finale.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>701632238
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>701631849
it smells fucking horrid
but its supposed to, its an evolutionary thing

like smegma x 1000

like ear butter (that bacteria those fags with gauged ears get) x 10000

like OP's mom's twat, x 4
>>
>>701631849
I work with the Sheriffs Office as contracted hospital police for the county hospital near where i live and have smelled many a corpse in my years there. Nothing like the one in OP's pic but 4-8 days dead in the morgue and the coroners auxiliary office on campus.
It smells like a nasty, filthy public restroom at a park in the summer heat, smeared with the nastiest most putrid feces you could ever imagine. Depending on how they died, they might smell different. i.e. burns, drowning, massive blood loss, ect..
>>
My mother didn't smell any differently when i found her dead in her bedroom. I sort of wonder whether the whole "a person pisses and shits themselves when they die" is just something that SOMETIMES happens, or often times happens, but it isn't guaranteed. Because she smelled normal. Except she smelled like beer because she died of alcohol overdose.
>>
>>701632671
A lot of guys who get shot are drunk, so you may smell alcohol, or if there's a lot of blood you can smell copper. Sometimes they shit themselves, so the crime scene smells like a giant turd
>>
>>701631849
Dead animals, no humans as far as I know. Just know how dead shit smells, didn't change my life.
>>
>>701631849
Couple of DOAs from EMT shit. smell varied depending on what the season was and how long theyve been dead for. I wasn't on this call, but my mate swears that the guy must've been dead for at least a week in this summer's heat. Can't imagine how rancid that must've been
>>
>>701633094
my dad also smelled normal, dead 6-8 hours when I found him
>>
File: stareold.png (59 KB, 256x200) Image search: [Google]
stareold.png
59 KB, 256x200
>>701632375
>My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this day
>>
>>701633278
I responded to a house where an old lady lived with like 100 cats. It smelled live someone had died but the lady was fine. After that experience I always have a gas mask in my patrol car
>>
Human = animal.

If you have smelled a dead animal it's going to be basically the same.
>>
>>701633706

Like garlic and butter?
>>
>>701633706
This OP. Now burned human flesh? Whole different ballgame.
>>
I used to intern with a ME's office, and there was one really bloated woman who stunk like rancid feces.

The gas buildup in her digestive tract caused her abdomen to burst, so then she smelled like rancid feces and rotten roast beef
>>
>>701631849
The smell of rotting flesh is almost sweet.If it wasn't for the putrid meat stench. You don't forget that smell. Nothing really compares to it, aside from another rotting corpse.
>>
>>701631849
i have worked in a cemetery ( i have plenty of stories about it) and the smell is like mustard and sugar, its super strong and you just cant forget it
>>
>>701631849
ye. at the crematory in a cemetary.
it smells like shit, get some meat like a steak and burn it you'll see
>>
>>701631849
>Any stories?
>be me 21 years old
>drunk af
>go outside and smell what I thought was sewage
>jump to 4 days later...
>apartment complex apologizes for the smell and explains that it was a rotting corpse
>a neighbor died on his balcony and nobody noticed for nearly a week
>we all thought it was sewage stinking up the place
lol
>>
File: 23232323.jpg (243 KB, 1600x728) Image search: [Google]
23232323.jpg
243 KB, 1600x728
I've seen a lot of dead bodies. I couldn't find my photo of this junkie who died in an abandon house and an animal chewed his face off and he'd been there for months. Also, had another junkie who had maggots all over him.. You could hear them moving from the next room. *Squish* *Squish.*

Here's a gun shot victim.
>>
>>701634130

The people in that apartment know how to party.

"We just assumed frank was really REALLY hung over."
>>
I used to work at a funeral. Shot was cash, 1-2 dead people a day, 5-9 a week
>>
>>701634295

Why are the eyes covered?
>>
>>701634401
Shit* I'm on mobile.
>>
>>701634415
So she doesn't steal your soul.
>>
>>701634521

What the fuck is she gonna do with a soul? Play parcheesi together in her rotting husk?
>>
>>701631849
like sickengly sweet. like sugar in curdled milk that permeates with a hint of like bile or stomach acid. was only like 3 days old, but was left in heat.
>>
>>701634633
Come alive and do stuff..
>>
>>701634295
Are those white/blue things electrodes? Why are they on her?
>>
>>701634521
>2016
>still believing in souls
>>
I'm an EMT. Had one guy that was dead for approximately 2 weeks inside his non airconditioned home in the AZ heat, smelled pretty bad but once you're near it long enough you get used to it. It doesn't stop smelling bad, but it's not vomit inducing. The worst is that it gets stuck on your clothes, hair, everything. Personally I don't think it smells worse than bums who haven't showered in months and months and remove articles of clothing. Holy shit that is rancid.
>>
>>701633094
>>701633336
lack of feels makes me wonder
>>
>>701634877
Medics do an ecg and sometimes even aed even when they're obviously dead, only a doc can pronounce them
>>
>>701634295

Cool
>>
>>701634295
She died doing what she loved.

Being a nigger
>>
>>701631849

I pick up dead bodies for a living. Decomps are pretty common. They have a hot, thick smell. Almost like a rotten cheese. You actually get used to the smell pretty fast and just learn to work with it.
When you move them you often release even more gases which either come out as farts or groans from their mouths. This is especially hilarious when the officer on scene are pussies because they run like little bitches when the corpse start making noise.
The smell isnt the worst part, though. The worst part is the purge fluid. The body swells as bacteria eats away at it and the internal organs and fats liquefy. The skin becomes loose and this fluid collects under the outer layer of skin just like a blister. Depending on temp and how long a body has been sitting, you might pop them when you move them into a bad and purge fluid goes everywhere. It has the consistency of oil (since its basically human fat grease) and is a pain to clean off.

Maggot masses (you can se ethem on OP's pick) can contain so many maggots all feeding and moving around that they will actually raise the temp and cause decomp to occur faster.
I like move the bodies them make the maggots race for their food.
>>
>>701634295
I smell bullshit. In my profession ive seen numerous dead bodies. Depends on how long they have been dead, where, how ect. Worst was a guy stuck on a fence, old feller who died push, most of his skin had come away from his body. Doesnt phase me.
>>
>>701631849
All the shit you'd imagine but what's unexpected is the acidic undertone slightly like vomit
>>
>>701635160

I'm 30 years old, she died when i was 12. I've had time to get over it.
>>
>>701635148
I ran into a hooker once who was walking down the road with no pants. Possibly the worst thing I've ever smelled.
>>
>>701635214
Well that doesn't really count as an obvious sign of death so I wouldn't be surprised if they worked her if the downtime was unknown, but judging by her positioning they didn't and just wanted to see if there was any electrical activity going on. We can pronounce in the field if there are things such as rigor mortis, lividity, decapitation, or basically the removal of any vital organs (at least where I'm from)
>>
>>701634023
Stories plox?
>>
File: woman melting.jpg (108 KB, 468x776) Image search: [Google]
woman melting.jpg
108 KB, 468x776
>>701632375
>My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this day

I'm sorry, but I laughed way to god damn hard at this.
>>
>>701635303
do u ever fiddle the bodies? do a lil whip whap with your paddle? uknow
>>
>>701634295
Moar?
>>
>>701635728

Nah, but i like to think that I just haven't found the right one yet.
It's mostly junkies, old people, and fat asses.
>>
>>701635580
True, she may have been alive when the medics came out. An example of what I was thinking of was I time I drove up on a hit and run, the victim's brain was coming out of her skull and her torso was crushed. I ended up getting bitched at for pronouncing her over the radio.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 550x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 550x288
>>701635672
i can relate
Once when i was really young my older cousin was showing me Jeffrey Dahmer crime scene pictures (while they are pretty tame, I was young)
I couldn't eat hot pockets for many years after

Pic related, the one that turned me off hot pockets
>>
>>701635728
hmm pictures
>>
>>701635160
I see no point in dwelling on the past. He's dead, and I'm never seeing him again, and that's that. I chose not to mourn his death, but to celebrate his life. Just a different perspective I suppose
>>
>>701631849
depends on the amount of time they've been dead
>>
>>701632375
The real question is, can he still eat steak?
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 638x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 638x647
>>701636340
thats not the question
>>
>>701636056
Also I didn't see it was a confirmed GSW, my bad.

Yeah we had two firefighters get demoted from medic and engineer to regular firefighters (lucky it wasn't worse) cause they called a guy who had brain matter leaking out of his head. Coroner called FAO to have the FD sent BACK to the scene. The dude still had a pulse the whole time. Obviously died, but it's the principle. Pretty dumb, but it is what it is.
>>
x Rescue / Recovery Diver for the state....Its a smell you never forget
>>
>>701636455
depending on the amount of time they've been dead it's the wrong question.
>>
>>701631849

Yes, and it's not life-changing if you're not a complete faggot. I've smelled burned bodies, decomposed bodies, bodies that have only been dead a couple days and they shit themselves. The worst I've smelled was a queef from a prostitute that was dead for a couple week and the coroner pulled the tampon out.
>>
>>701636526

My dogs love it. They wont leave me alone when I come home from a decomp
>>
>>701636548
He was asking people

>Have you ever smelled a dead body? I haven't, but I hear it's life changing. Any stories?
>>
>>701635354
emt?
>>
>>701636640
you guys use the term spooge?
>>
File: 4534535345.jpg (2 MB, 4763x2988) Image search: [Google]
4534535345.jpg
2 MB, 4763x2988
>>701635857
sorry. no. google photos didn't back up my junkie photos. Only have her left, car accidents and drugs. Here's a crack cookie and some other shit.
>>
>>701636635
>The worst I've smelled was a queef from a prostitute that was dead for a couple week and the coroner pulled the tampon out.

That would be top quality /b/ material if there was a video or even pics
>>
>>701633165
I thought you were talking about the wounds themselves
>>
>>701636746

Not in reference to bodies
>>
>>701636900
spooge was all the critters and shit that oozed out of the body after we stokes it and brought it to shore
>>
>>701636701
yes
and a recently dead body doesn't smell any different than the person did.
it depends on a lot of factors, time, humidity and heat, location of death.
>>
Just know OP i reported your thread to the fbi watchlist so look out asshole
>>
when we was looking for a stinker in a lake or pond often times you could taste them unless you wore a full face mask
>>
>>701633847
Kek
>>
>>701635406
>>701636277

stay strong guys
>>
>>701631849
yes.
preserved - first week of med school
fresh - second year.

its like the smell of a fresh steak of beef. until they cut the intestines, then it smells like shit.

then the smells mix and a new smell is born. its quite distinct.

nothing really too bad about it unless you think too much about it.

what really smells is amniotic fluid and placentas.
that stuff is body temperature until it comes out.
its like a faint smell of urine mixed into the smell of fresh blood and that raw steak smell.

that shit is really bad.
>>
>>701631849

Does he got the booty? He do.
>>
>>701637031

Decomps are just a pain in the ass. The only floaters I've had were all freshly dead and were on shore by the time I got there. I just bag 'em and take 'em to the coroner.
>>
NY 2006 , apartment. Guy downstrairs dies. Starts to smell like farts. 1st week smells like sewage , second week smells like "wrong" and musky plums. His and my vent system was connected, house smelled for 2 months, closets were a gas chamber.
>>
>>701631849
Fire/EMS here. Worked in a major city for just shy of five years, had at body every other week or so. Most bodies I've seen had only been dead for six to eight hours, and they don't smell anything different than they would have when they were alive. The smell is dependent on the person's health, diet, injury, and time until they were found.

>Burned bodies
Ever smelt someone burn their hair with a straightener or curler? How about someone burn a steak so bad it starts to charcoal over? Imagine both of those things, only 10x more intense.

>Vehicle accident
Usually respond to accidents pretty quickly, so no decomposing smell. Mostly blood and viscera. Blood, raw meat, and fat like you'd find on bacon. Bones that break the skin kind of have a fatty smell to them. A majority of the time, maybe 3/5ths of the time, all you can smell is blood and shit. The other times, its a mix of the aforementioned list.

>Decomposed bodies
After about two days, depending on the time of year, it gets pretty bad. Most gag. After a week, it gets absolutely putrid, and most of us go on recirculated air because taxpayers money. Imagine garbage sitting in the sun on a hot day. Sometimes it smells so bad it stings your eyes.

>Bodies in water
Imagine wet garbage. Only handled a few, but the 2-3 day old bodies smelled worse than the 2-3 week bodies because fish usually got to them and currents would take pieces off the skeleton.

Plenty of stories, if you want to know specifics.
>>
>>701631849
Flight 3407, Clarence, NY. I pushed the carts in the morgue. Don't die on a plane guys.
>>
>>701631849

YES. A LOT. NURSE IN OLD AGE HO,E.SOME TIMES THEY DIED ON HOT DAYS AND WEREN'T FOUND FOR 1/2 DAY. BAD SMELL.NOTHING TOO BAD
>>
>>701637785
Yeah around here they didnt float til they were gas'd...water temp made all the diff...a 2 week old floater in 80 deg water we had to bag underwater because it was falling apart...never got the smell out of my gear
>>
>>701637878

Car accidents are the best. Had a drunk guy who went the wrong way on the freeway until a semi stopped him.. Had to pull chunks of him out of the semi grill. HIs leg was on the other side of the freeway. Never found his right knee. Reassembled what we could in the bag and hauled him off.
>>
>>701631849
i was contracted for a job at a mortuary and i saw and smelled a freshly cremated body
>>
>>701638051
CAPS LOCK!!!
>>
>>701638606

fuck u nigger.
>>
had to pick up pieces after a suicide bomber blew up a bazzar
>>
>>701638106

I feel your pain. Lost a few pairs of shoes on account of those smelly bastards,

We had an old woman who had been last seen 2 months prior. Almost mummified. Abdominal cavity still had rotten liquid in it but skin was mostly leather at that point. She was in the bathroom between the toilet and the tub. Had to grab an arm t pull her out. Her whole shoulder socket just came apart like a rotisserie chicken.
2nd time I accidentally ripped the arm off a corpse...
>>
>>701638261
The only thing I've seen that holds a candle to mvas are industrial accidents. After you see a pair of breats explode you don't look at people the same way.
>>
>>701638736
yeah we pulled a car out of the river and it was headless...one of the guys in out unit found the head in the back floor board he pulled it up and moved the jaw with his other hand and said Here I am fells...we split a side laughing
>>
>>701636757
Damn. Always like to get photos hand to mouth as opposed to second hand on gore websites. New material and such
>>
>>701638798

Had a guy who somehow got his head inside an industrial press.

Suicides can be messy, too. Shotguns or large caliber guns and I usually have to search for brain chunks.
>>
>>701638736
pulled a corpse out of the ground had been hit by a jdam on a mountainside, his head had been smahed into his chest cavity and when we rolled his stanky ass over all his innerds just blobbed out... smelled so goddam bad i had to burn my uniform and get a new one
>>
>>701639043
* the body was headless
>>
>>701638261
We had a sedan packed with eight kids wreck on their way home from a funeral, none of them older than 20. Hit a 45mph rated turn at about 80mph, hit a ditch and rolled just further than our 200ft of 2.5inch hose wouldn't reach it on angle. One survivor, still lost his right leg. Arm and leg scavenger hunt in a field on a summer day isn't fun.
>>
>>701637512
His mums been dead for over half his life, he's past the point of needing to stay strong
>>
>>701639043

kek

Was just talking to the girls at the coroner earlier tonight about how I want a scene with a full decapitation. Closest I've had was an old dude who took a saw saw to his throat last thanksgiving.
>>
Picked up a head from a motorcycle accident once. The cop I showed it to puked. The body and head smelled like aftershave. And shit. He was decapitated quickly, by a semi truck when he wrecked. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen or smelled.
>>
>>701639109
Hanging and pills are really popular where I work. Makes things a lot easier.>>701639150
>>
>>701639339

Cops are always the first to get as far away from bodies as they can. Fucking pussies.
>>
>>701633863
what're you on about ya nob head, burning human smells VERY close to burning pork
our flesh and meat is similar to pig flesh and meat, in fact pacific islanders, the cannibals, used the term "long-pig" for human meat
>>
>>701631849
Dat ass tho
>>
>>701639381

We get a lot of heroin od's and gunshot suicides. And decomps. Fucking decomps.
>>
>>701636757
Any particularly outstanding stories? Gruesome murder scenes a la the Tim McLean greyhound bus killing?
>>
>>701632749
>>like OP's mom's twat, x 4
missed an opportunity.
should have been
like OP's mom's twat, x .25
>>
>>701639556
let's hear this tell us about the most gruesome thing
>>
>>701631849
I've smellt dead rotting animals before. I assume its similar
>>
I would not say life changing. When you smell human remains the first time, it keeps with you.
>>
>>701639150
Moar war stories? I'm due to be up in five hours for work but can't pass up a good goar thread
>>
>>701639305
Congrats bro. Talking to the hot jailer at my city's lock up is the closest I come to getting any now I'm on 14 hour shifts.
>>
>>701639305
Fire guys / ground support for us divers said the burned bodies were worse than the floaters...never got that experience...
>>
>>701639455
I can't say I blame them. Not only are they disgusting and kind of sad, most everybody that interacts with said body ends up having to write a report and attending our mandatory "see if you're more fucked up now" psych sessions (at least, in my department).
>>
>>701639091

Not the poster you were asking, but pick up dead people and sometimes take photos of gory ones.
Sharing photos from scenes it's usually a good idea. I'll show some to friends, but depending on teh state or city you are in, photos may not be public record and you can get in some serious shit for having the,
>>
>>701639849
Your department must not be getting enough dead guy action. If we had to do that every time we responded to a fatal scene we wouldn't have any officers on the street.
>>
>>701639752

All but two of the death investigators at the coroner's office her are chicks. I get to work with them every night.
>>
>>701635214
This is true, I'm a caregiver at an assisted living home. I have a lot of residents die on me, but this one time I was at church and someone ran into the room we were having service and said someone was dead in the kitchen. I performed cpr for 20 minutes even though I knew he was already dead and I ended up breaking his ribs and he was still twitching. Emts showed up, tried everything they could but he was definitely dead before I got to him. They couldn't say he was dead and everyone at church thought he was going to make it. I didn't tell anyone I knew he was gone.
>>
I live in a house with six apartments over 3 floors. One day in late january the lonely guy living above me was found dead in his apartment by the police. He was last seen alive during christmas. The smell when they broke into his apartment was absolutely unbelievable. Not only did he become a hero with a knife in his own kitchen, but he had a cat who had nothing else to eat for a month. Took weeks to get the smell out ot the hallway. Im a farmer son and is used to the smell of shit and death, but knowing that the air you breath in is soaked with rotting human flesh is something special.
>>
>>701639792

If they're just toasty then they smell like burn hair. Fully cooked and they smell just like good bbq.
>>
>>701640178
kek
>>
>>701640080
Putting the morgue tables to work with them?
>>
>>701639849

I know that the responding officers have to write a report unless the homicide det. come out. But half the time they just sit in their cruisers and point to where the corpse is.
>>
>>701633863
People actually smell tasty, it's the hair that smells bad when it burns.
>>
>>701640266

I wish. I live with my gf,

I would totally fuck in the morgue, though.
>>
>>701639339

Motorcycle driver deserved it. Sad he probably delayed the semi truck though
>>
>>701640483
I've smelled some nasty electrical burns too
>>
Saw a Mexican get stabbed to death at 3 am In a parking lot by a crip ass nigger
>>
>>701640056
I'm >>701637878
Sessions never went more than five minutes, and were thankfully during shifts. They were fucking lame, but one firefighter killed himself after a DOA and the family sued the city for no psych evaluation system, so he fucked it up for the rest of us.
>>
My last dive was a kid in a jeep that rolled back down the boat ramp....nobody would come get the kid from me as I held it underwater and signaled...I ended up carrying it out in full gear as the screaming mother was beating on me...I quit it was volunteer anyway. That one was a little rough
>>
>>701639455
The funniest part was that I wasn't even "on the scene" in a professional sense. I just got locked into this traffic jam for an hour, and got fed up. They were looking for the head for pretty much the whole time when it was directly behind the rear tire of the deputy who puked.
>>
>>701640627

First time I handled a human brain was an mvc with a motorcycle. Dude blasted some girl as she was turning on her bike. Had a helmet on but it was cracked wide open and almost her entire brain was 20 ft away in the middle of the road.
>>
>>701640085
Good job breaking his ribs!!
>>
>>701640718

Fucking asshole suicide
>>
>>701640572
Or fuck THE morgue
>>
>>701640817

I would need to see that, to believe women have brains
>>
>>701640824
If you dont break ribs you arent doing it right
>>
>>701640718
If I ever kill myself I'm doing it in the cheif's office. One last fuck you to the department.
>>
>>701631849
ive seen a pit with 30ish cow carcasses in it, you could literally smell it a mile away
>>
>>701633094
Fuck.
>>
>>701640824
It happens, it's normal. At the time I thought I fucked up and was really concerned but after it I renewed my cpr license and they said its common. He choked on a bagel btw
>>
>>701640677
Did you go smell it? ....ah nvm mexican....probably just smelled like tacos
>>
>>701640738

Family is the worst on scene cause i'm the one taking their mother/father/brother/sister/whomever away.

Ive had shit thrown at me, people jump on the body on my gurney, one dude even pulled a gun and got his ass taken down by the 5 cops escorting us.
>>
>>701640752

kek
>>
>>701640974

I was shocked at first, too
>>
>>701640936

I dont think I could fuck an actual building, but I could go around rubbing my cock on everything.
>>
>>701640978

Pretty much. CPR rarely works, but it's better than doing nothing.
>>
>>701641126
Yeah its bad....cops / firemen were crying..this kid was in a car seat I had to cut the straps that were in the poor kids hands...pieces of car seat straps were sticking out both sides of his hands...he literally had a death grip on them that ones burned into my brain...
>>
>19 years old
>have to take train from city center to outer city to get home from work
>waiting for the train i notice some weird guy standing really close to the tracks
>train comes driving into station
>motherfucker jumps in front of it
>cracking of bones can be heard as the train is slowing down
the noises were pretty weird and gave me goosebumps and the smell was bad but not that bad and im pretty sure this guy got opened up very well
>>
>>701640978
Thank you for the reassurance, seriously. I asked my instructor but I still feel like I messed up. I didn't tell anyone I broke his ribs and I was scared I was the one that killed him and there was a chance I could have saved him if I have did it properly. But apparently I did it right The sound fucked me up really bad. I'm honestly terrified to do it again just because I don't want to feel the pop and hear it. I have medical emergencies all the time at work so I'm always ready to jump on someone's chest but I'm dreading the next time I have to.
>>
>>701633094

The pissing and shitting depends on several factors. First, that have to actually have urine or feces in them. Then it depends how far along in rigor they are. Sometimes nothing will come out until you move them a certain way or it will slowly just leak out within the first hour or so.
>>
>>701641037

Hmm?
>>
>>701641172
I named the head. Called him Gonseth, because the best head I ever had was from a girl with the last name Gonseth in a middle school locker room. Asian Mexican girl. Ended up giving him a paupers grave, wrote Gonseth on the grave.
>>
File: 1470983349947.jpg (3 KB, 103x125) Image search: [Google]
1470983349947.jpg
3 KB, 103x125
>>701631849
>My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this

> homeless and a carney his whole life and has probably seen some shit.

>mfw
>>
>>701641525

She was a drunk, i would surmise she was filled with both urine and feces. But i don't know how long she was dead. Rigor mortis had not set in. She was limp as fuck.
>>
>>701641300
Yeah please do that second thing you said and record it, deliver.
>>
>>701641414

Kids are the worst. Carried a burnt toddler out of a house fire once. All the fire and police lined up and pulled their hats off.
>>
>>701641514
>I have medical emergencies all the time at work
where the fuck do you work?
>>
>>701641631

That's fucking fantastic
>>
File: 1462921813598.png (172 KB, 400x408) Image search: [Google]
1462921813598.png
172 KB, 400x408
i guess if you deal with dead bodys you end up master edge lord
but guess if you dont humour this things youd go mad
>>
>>701641669

Sorry about your mom /b/ro,
Sometime shit happens. Sometimes it doesnt.
>>
>>701641674

I'll get right on that next time im at the office
>>
File: 545345345.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
545345345.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>701639556

>>Not really. I've been on the First 48 a couple times with murder scenes. Had a guy die in front of me. Got called out due to a fight...we broke it up...blood gang members and some random due who was drunk...Later that night the blood gang members shot him as he came back for the fight...I get there and he's laying in a pool of blood like a fish gasping...and these little pit bull puppies are walking through it in the apartment.. The family was applying pressure with a wash cloth... He died... Nothing crazy..

The worst one for me was a cat vet committing suicide with animal euthanasia medicine she stole from work. She left a will and a suicide note. Feels weird reading it and looking through their stuff and their body is feet next to you bundled up in a warm blanket as if they're sleeping. I played and fed her cat as he seemed lost. I researched her facebook and found her practice and her FB and tried to understand why she killed herself. Hurt my soul as I could not do anything for her or her family who showed.
>>
>>701641731
and here we are on /b/ go figure....they wonder why I drink...
>>
>>701641731

I feel weird about that kind of shit. Cops and firefighters and paramedics react far far far worse to tragedies like that than i do. And i don't think i'm a sociopath or "edgy" or some shit. I just don't. Are normal people just way more affected by the death of children than i give them credit for?
>>
Seen a few. One was freshly murdered at Fort Ord. The victims GF set him up in a fake drug buy. We found a few hours later at dawn in the fetal position 20 yards outside the building he was shot and stabbed in.

The second was two kids stealing gas during the 70's OPEC gas embargo. They stashed it in a large 8" storm drain pipe in Wichita, KS. The two dumbasses lit a cig in the drain pipe and boom! Smelled like burn hair for weeks in there.

Last was a bum who committed suicide by jumping off the Coronado Bridge in San Diego. I drove by on my way to a training class at Point Loma. His brains were all over the road. No smell obviously.
>>
>>701641806
At an assisted living home. They break shit when they fall, bust their head open and bleed to death, some have this weird bodily fulid that comes out their mouth after they die and I can't figure out what it is, kinda like foam. Not vomit. I'm not stupid. Some lady snapped her ankles walking down the hallway and continued to walk on the bones because she couldn't feel pain. Her brain was dying and I guess that sensory was blown. Idk I'm not trained, just a caregiver so I know what to do but I don't understand it. It's fucked lol
>>
>>701641951
Kek, ok thx anon
>>
>>701641987
>i don't think i'm a sociopath
lack of empathy, especially for children, is one of the big signs
:^)
>>
>>701641987

I agree 100% Im no edgelord, i just have a personality disorder and dont give a fuck about other people. Hauling bodies is perfect for me. When families are crying about dead loved ones I smile inside because i know im getting paid.
>>
>>701642068

I think when people foam out of the mouth it is caused by them "spitting up" at the same time as them exhaling. Like, it is vomit, but it's a slow vomit. Not forcing all of the contents of the stomach out quickly, just the digestive tract tensing and pushing fluid up the esophagus.
>>
>>701641821
Not for him. Since he was dead and all. But yeah, was kind of funny to me. The cool part was when I gave them his "name" no one doubted me. Burned his new name into his wood headstone.
>>
unless you live it most people have no idea what kind of fucked up shit goes on in this world...
>>
>>701642142

I have plenty of empathy, i just don't feel it for the dead. They're just bodies. Once again, i'm not trying to be "edgy". So i'm sorry if it's coming off that way.
>>
>>701642142
>>701642340

I'd like to note that when a baby is maimed but ALIVE, i feel horrible for it.
>>
>>701642254
Yea that makes sense.
>>
>>701642280

I keep a map of my city on the wall in my living room. I mark the locations of decomps, mvcs, od's, suicides, and particularly strange or interesting deaths. There are hundreds of marks on that map.
>>
>>701638005
elaborate
>>
we pulled a floater out of a lake when we got her on shore crawdads and some kind of larve was crawling out of her snatch which was mostly gone due to turtles....didnt eat pussy for a few months after that
>>
File: crash0.jpg (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
crash0.jpg
184 KB, 1024x768
>>701638005
>>
>>701642391

Ugh, fuck that. I'm fine with dead gore, but I cannot handle living gore. I'll pick up brains and pieces of people all day, but if i see a living person with a bone sticking out of them ill probably pass out.
>>
>>701641414
>>701641731
The one thing nobody will ever get used to is dead kids. House fires are the worst. Pulled more than my fair share of kids out from under beds and behind couches.

>>701642242
That's actually disturbing. Either don't tell anyone you know, or tell someone immediately.
>>
>>701642393
I've lost of how many dead bodies I've seen. Only case that really messed with me wasn't a death though.
>>
>be me living in an apartment house
>10 apartments on my floor
>neighbor sometimes has trouble with the sewage water
>often smells like shit
>One day, smells like shit again
>don't really think about it, cause it's normal
>ffwd 1 week
>smell gets stronger, and somehow different
>realise it comes from a apartment in the middle ofg the corridor
>think "hm I haven't seen him in a while" also I tell my friends that there might be someone whos dead
>They tell me to call the cops
>Don't do it
>ffwd 1 more week
>someone else calls the cops
>Neighbor dead

The smell was there for about 2 weeks ,so I guess he must've been dead for atleast 3 weeks
He was found laying between bottles of alcohol
Mid 40s
>>
>>701633863
Burned myself bad enough t smell it, smelled like steak
>>
>>701642516

That one kid that lived through an IED going off and half his skull is exposed, holeeeee shit that's horri-fucking-fying. I can't believe that he's just sitting there... not like.. writhing in agony.
>>
File: cheek.jpg (153 KB, 1600x1198) Image search: [Google]
cheek.jpg
153 KB, 1600x1198
>>701642516
>>
>>701639305
>saw saw

Omfg
>>
>>701642391
>>701642516
>>701642562
Living injuries are fucking terrifying/disgusting. I've never had an injury beyond a fractured wrist, and imagining what someone must be feeling when they've been eviscerated by their steering wheel is too fucking much.
>>
>>701642532

I've already been diagnosed with a type of schzoid personality disorder.
>>
>>701633094
it's the smell of decomposition idiot. She didn't decomposed while being dead for few hours
>>
>>701642750

Yeah, all the images of people well and truly dead, you look at 'em, get shocked for a split second and then it's fine. It's at most a human remains sculpture. But like those gifs of people suffering from krokodil rot and their bones are exposed and they're moving their arms around - *internally screams*
>>
>>701642686
Shock and adrenaline are amazing things. I almost died when I was 16 and got run over, but in a way it was really peaceful because I was out of it.
>>
>>701642699

In person, I should add. Pictures I'm fine with.
Something about blood pumping out of a living person makes me all dizzy. Ive read it's evolutionary. I just know I dont like it.
>>
>>701642837

Dude, i'm talking about the smell of the shit and piss that dead people are supposed to expel upon death. She apparently didn't.

Maybe her nervous system was too depressed from the alcohol to activate that system.
>>
>>701642750
I responded to a guy who got bit by a dog on night. Whole arm layer open, I could see muscle and tendon moving, but the old fart was so drunk he didn't think he needed to go to the hospital.
>>
>>701643012

I have a gif of a guy who i think was in a motor cycle accident and his heart was thrown from the wreck, and the guy went over to look at it, and it was so soon after the accident, that his heart still had the electrochemical energy to beat. No blood, just a twitching human heart.
>>
>>701633207
this
>>
>>701639157

I love that this was on the way back from a funeral
>>
>>701643109
Meant to say layed, damn autocorrect
>>
I did 3 times as a cop.

1 who was in the water for 7 days strong smell but ok

1 who died just the day before, no smell

1 who was dead in her apartment for 3 weeks. There was trash everywhere (old depressed lady waiting for death) My god, the smell was horrible. A few like cheese but you cant handle this.
>>
>>701643026
When you found your mother in the bathroom, she maybe took a shit before she died. So her bladder and guts were emptied.
>>
>>701642068
oh yeah that would do it
>>
>>701643144

I think id be fine with that. It just sounds amazing.
>>
>>701643187
We had an officer doing a funeral escort on a motorcycle when some genius drove in front of him and took off an arm, a leg, and most of his skin. Then the ambulance crashed on the way to the hospital. Very ironic day for us.
>>
>>701643187
I'm not Michael Bay-ing it either. It would have been funny if it wasn't straight out of a horror movie.
>>
>>701643144
Hell man I eat mostly wild game I've watched hearts beat for quite awhile when I gut em. Not to mention its good eating
>>
>>701643219

I didn't find her in the bathroom. I found her in her bedroom. And she died of alcohol poisoning. She died while passed out in the middle of the night. Lights were off, TV was off, she fell out of bed, and was lying there kind of haphazardly.

Thing is... i know that corpses are SUPPOSED to shit themselves.. but i only know that because pop culture has "recently" been pointing that out. I don't know that because i actually studied it, or work somewhere that i find that's a common problem. So it might be that pop culture has lied to me once again. Or that it's exaggerated how commonly that happens.
>>
File: 1410498065387.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1410498065387.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>701643144
post it?

>>701642068
>Some lady snapped her ankles walking down the hallway and continued to walk on the bones because she couldn't feel pain
My god anon, keep that shit to yourself lol
>>
File: heart beat free of body.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
heart beat free of body.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>701643365
>>
>>701643509

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
>>
reading some of the story's i guess could make a wonderful doctor or surgeon
not scared from blood or open wounds wanting always to help but not getting traumatic or putting to much feelings in it , i even write like doctor
sadly i get quite edgy when i use my hands under pressure
>>
>>701643550
>>701643558

I didn't want to post it until i knew the guy wasn't gonna have trouble seeing it.
>>
>>701643558

That's fucking sweet
ty, anon
>>
actually an individual heart cell beats on its own
>>
>>701635291
Am i fucked up for laughing at this.
>>
>>701636455
the question is can he still eat ribs to this day?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (77 KB, 1189x326) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
77 KB, 1189x326
>>
>>701643692

Yes, i know. But unless it's very fresh, it'll run out of oxygen and lose the capacity to keep flexing.
>>
>>701643766
>66
if dem dubs woulda been trips, you'd been hella evil.
>>
This is a good thread.
>>
>>701644030
I was gunna say the same things
>>
>>701643611
Reading vs experience cannot be compared. That's like saying reading about how bad it hurts to be shot would prepare you for actually being shot.
Over-exaggeration, but it still applies.
>>
>>701643509
I guess it kind of depends on the position the die in.

Tthey shit and piss themselves because the muscles don't work anymore when you are dead. So also the sphincter. So when they e.g. lay on the belly when they die. The shit won't run out without pressure.
>>
Friends often ask why I look at this gory shit in here and on LL...after youve had your hands in it, pictures dont even phase you
>>
>>701636635
That is literally the nastiest thing ive heard today
>>
>>701642515
Installs windows 10
>>
>>701643612

What are you, new?
>>
>>701644297
Then he flossed with the string...kek
>>
>>701644354

No, i am a white knight, and an oldfag. You might think that is a contradiction. Which amuses me.
>>
Haven't you smelled a rotting carcass (like a dead raccoon) left in the sun a few days. Imagine that times 100
>>
>>701642532
>Either don't tell anyone you know, or tell someone immediately.
>>
File: fookinell.png (84 KB, 200x239) Image search: [Google]
fookinell.png
84 KB, 200x239
>>701636635
fuck...
>>
>>701644460
Cringe worthy
>>
>>701642532

My policy is as long as they're not killing people, i don't care whether they cry or laugh in response to the death of others. It's a free country.
>>
>>701637137
Holy shit how fucking new are you?
>>
One of the best scenes we had was a 21 year old kid who hung himself on teh second floor of a bar. Classic hanging, too. Neck snapped. No one found him for a week. He was rotten and bloated. Had to bag him while he was still hanging them cut him down. Barn was right next to a well traveled road.
>>
File: sleepum kittay2.gif (645 KB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
sleepum kittay2.gif
645 KB, 480x264
>>701644693

No, this is cringeworthy.

*curls up on your lap and purrs*
>>
>>701631849
Several. I work as a paramedic and a dead body is just another smell that is unpleasant. It's not groundbreaking or anything, it's just one of thousands of people that die every day.

Get used to it.
>>
>>701644706

Is death always immediate when the neck breaks?

It seems to me that that shouldn't always be true. Like, theoretically what kills you is the spinal cord is severed, but isn't it possible to break a neck but NOT severe the spinal cord?
>>
>>701635291
This
>>
File: 1468731079431.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1468731079431.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>701636635
That may be the most horrible thing i've ever read on this sorry excuse for a Taiwanese papercraft forum
>>
once responding to a car crash. the car was on fire in the woods, thought we smelled a dead dog burnt alive inside. My grandfather said no this is different. poped open the trunk and there's a bound and chained burnt lady in the back. someone raped her and burned her alive inside the car
>>
>>701633094
Maybe if you replied to my post she would still be alive
>>
>>701644994

Lol
>>
>>701644460

Wow
>>
File: 1466834247027.png (513 KB, 455x579) Image search: [Google]
1466834247027.png
513 KB, 455x579
>>701639305
>"saw saw"
m8 the word is 'saws-all'
>>
we would pull a car out of a river lake or creek and you couldnt open the doors because the person inside had turned to soup. You could potentially lose evidence if you did. Once the water ran out of the doors they opened it up to find bones in jelly. the sickest sweet smell you can imagine
>>
>>701644943
Not necessarily. We had a wreck where one of the supposedly uninjured victims started walking around then fell over dead. Turned out she broke her neck in the crash but didn't know it.
>>
File: eGX5IYv.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
eGX5IYv.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>701644994
KEK
>>
>>701644994
Top fucking kek
>>
>>701633094
How casually you said makes me kinda squirm.
>>
>>701644984
Christ..
>>
>>701642927
>Shock and adrenaline
I'd like to think thats nature's reward for death and completing the cycle
Like how a zebra will run for its fucking life, terrified, if it's getting chased by lions, but sometimes when they're caught and its done, no chance of escape, they'll just calmly accept it, watch themselves being eaten and torn at and they barely react
>>
>>701645178

Well... i have trouble thinking of something that sucks more than that. That's like something that'd be in a final destination movie.
>>
File: 1470182317789.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1470182317789.jpg
179 KB, 1080x1920
Being that for a year i worked for the local morge, id have to say the worst ive seen was when we went to pick up a body at this guys house, the guy has been hanging from a nuse for about 2 weeks so from the looks of it his neck extended about double the length but to top it off wheb we went to remove the body the head disconnected with a snap release the most sour smell you cab think off, most likely from his brain juices rotting for all that time. lets just say we had to air the place out first
>>
My dog was locked up in a house with one for 30 days. The smell wouldn't come off with the fur, it was in his skin. My bf at the time would puke quite a bit for a while. I got used to it but it was horrible.
>>
>>701645115
>saws-all
technically it's Sawzall

>>701645178
damn could she have hypothetically lived if she hadn't moved and got immediate medical attention?
>>
Depends on how long they've been out.

If it's been a few ours it can smell pretty fine.

A few days and it gets bad.

Once it becomes a few weeks/months it gets vomit-worthy.
>>
File: 1470542377998.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1470542377998.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>701636635
Wowww
>>
>>701644943

Classic hanging, as in the classical style of hanging, is when a drop is involved that breaks the neck. Usually leads to instant paralysis and unconsciousness followed by suffocation.
A lot of people just use some cord or belt around their neck in a closet or somewhere and lean forward until they're unconscious and suffocate.
>>
>>701644354
You know just because /b/ can be a fucking cesspool doesn't mean you have to be an asshole all the time
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK1BJkBJdtY
>>
As a mortician, I have to tell you all, you have no idea how insignificant and how biologically insignificant your bodies are. Your bodies are flesh...meat...it breaks down..rots and decays. You are nothing but parts of the past and decaying parts of the future generations.
>>
>>701633094
I found my mom too about 12 hours later. It was just disgusting looking. Blotched skin and bile coming out of her mouth when we tried CPR. I didn't smell anything different.
>>
I use to change semi tires back in the split rim days
Guy in the tire shop had a ring blow and took his head off in an instant. He walked 20 ft towards the office before he went down
>>
>>701645115

M8, I don't give a fuck
>>
>>701631849
I work at a railroad, I have smelled a dead body in a really fresh dead way.
I was 5meter from a guy who just leaped out on the railroad track when a train came, his body was so messed up and blood from his crushed skull had spread the most.

Fuck I hate my job.
>>
>>701645473
Possibly. Unfortunately she got up before we got to the scene. If your neck or spine are injured you have to be immobilized pretty much immediately.
>>
>>701645526

Is that supposed to shock us? I ate the decaying muscle of a dead animal yesterday. Lightly seasoned it and cooked it medium rare. It was delicious.
>>
>>701635052
>2016
>still typing years like they mean shit
>>
File: 1472411734781.jpg (58 KB, 359x684) Image search: [Google]
1472411734781.jpg
58 KB, 359x684
>>701645506
>>
>>701644994
You got a giggle out of me lad
>>
>>701645733
You must absolutely love your life
>>
While in med school, i was allowed to assist the head anatomist of the campus.

Then, he got me connected to the forensics area. Boy, that was so different than everything i had seen before.

Continue?
>>
>>701644994
kek
Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 26

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.