Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | Blowjobs | Archived.Moe | 4Archive.org [Home]
4chan archive logo
HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS GO OUT...
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 41
HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP THESE BULLSHIT UNITS

NOT EVEN PRESSURE AND POWER USE THE SAME UNITS, I'M AMAZED YOU GUYS DIDN'T COME UP WITH BULLSHIT UNITS FOR ELECTRICITY, THANK GOD FOR BENJAMIN FRANKLIN I GUESS
>>
>>701522793
and yet we are the only ones to the moon.

Fuck yo logic
>>
Huh, what a weird coincidence that the one country that breaks the shackles of globalization is the largest fucking powerhouse in the world
>>
>>701522793
Celsius is medically useless.
>>
>>701522793

You realize the UK also uses imperial units?
>>
>>701523423
correlation does not imply causation
>>
>>701523538
Ikr

1 degree fever, guess I'm literally dying now.
>>
>>701523251
>>701523423
>>701523538
>>701523563

/thread
>>
>>701523251
thanks to a german nazi. just fuck off you idiot
>>
>>701522793

Let us know when you land on the Moon, OP. Until then, keep your primitive, simplistic units of measure.
>>
File: 1405773790803.jpg (7 KB, 220x230) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405773790803.jpg
7 KB, 220x230
>>701523538
Go on, what's your strange reasoning behind that?
>>
>>701522793
I'll take my petrol by the gallon like all us superior Americans do. Fuck off, peasant. Your intellectual superior.
>>
>>701522793
You sir, are several hundred years too late with this argument.

I know it seems strange how our measurements work, and I'm aware you just learned about them on Friday in 6th grade, but just try to let it go kiddo. Nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>701523563
Not really. Except for miles and pint/half

Everything else is metric
>>
>>701523563

UK is officially metric. It still uses miles and mph for roads because it was cheaper and easier to leave all the signage as it was when they switched over. Major engineering works, scientific projects and the like have been metric for ages.
>>
>>701523251
you mean "first human" on the moon by US, not only...
>>
>>701522793
Americans are too retarded to learn the correct way of measuring
>>
>>701522793
Maybe google why instead of complaining about it?

I'll save ya the time: it makes virtually no difference and would cost a shitload to change to metric. So get over it
>>
>>701523251
> America went to the moon
> now leading in obesity and diabetus

Go and eat another burger, you stole the fucking technology
>>
>>
File: Scruffy.gif (212 KB, 1166x875) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Scruffy.gif
212 KB, 1166x875
>>701523251
>>
All forms of measuring are arbitrary
>>
>>701522793
Just for that I'm glad I don't live in the US.
>>
>>701524024
not if you call everything "units" and refuse to define them
>>
File: 1462663450319.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1462663450319.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>
>>701523251
actually nasa and most of the scientific community in america use the metric system because they're not total dumbfucks
>>
>>701523743
> you sir
fat neckbeard
>>
>>701524133

Yeah, it's tough having to learn new things...

It's especially tough for Eurofags.
>>
>>701524209
Yeah I think people often forget that we still use metric where it matters like science and military
>>
>>701524209

They didn't in 1969, dumbfuck.
>>
>>701524003
nice gif
>>
Mars Climate Orbiter.

Americans can't use metric without fucking it up.
>>
>>701524266
Ouchie, not my poor Eurofag heart.
>>
>>701522793
YYYYMMDD is master race.
>>
how is day smaller in euro when there are more of them than months? (28-31 days per month, 12 months per year)
>>
File: 1438949109633.jpg (176 KB, 926x875) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438949109633.jpg
176 KB, 926x875
>>701522793
>>
>>701523251
>believing that lie

top kek
>>
>>701524450
because days make up months
1 day is less than 1 month
>>
>>701524447
Hello brother
>>
>>701524391
Yeah, it was a huge mistake to try and use such a simplistic measurement system on complex space missions.

They should have stuck with the system that worked so many times before.
>>
>>701524183

That's actually pretty funny.
>>
>>701524497
United States of Zionism would beg to differ sir.
>>
>>701524266
>new
That measuring system is old af which is why most people replaced ot with the better one
>>
>>701524321
Are you fucking retarded? too many burgers clogging up the synapses in your brain? Of course they used metric in 1969, holy shit.
>>
ITT: I can't argue, so I'll just babble about muh moon landing instead
>>
File: truth.gif (1 MB, 281x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
truth.gif
1 MB, 281x200
>>701524209
yuup. Metric system is the only system to use if you are doing something important, or where being vague about measurements is just plain stupid

the averages blokes don't do anything important tho, so why change.
feet yards and miles can be measured by a 1 legged retard. Metric system require tools and being conscious
>>
>>701524497

You just blew my mind with that ...
>>
>>701523808
>>701522793
Since we're using days, months, years; how many minutes in a kilominute? I missed that day in school. Wait, what about kilodays?
>>
File: 1466565504236.jpg (190 KB, 1056x920) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466565504236.jpg
190 KB, 1056x920
ill just leave this here
>>
>>701524209
nasa lost a mars probe because they were working in miles, and the guys(japs?) who built it programed it to use kilometers
>>
>>701524764
Simply replacing it doesn't make it better. The old system works very well for us.

Considering our technological advances, military, and economy, it works better than any nation that uses the metric system.
>>
>>701523251
nasa uses metric, retard
>>
>>701523251
NASA uses the metric system, dumbass
>>
>>701524497
>is from the USA
>talks about jews.
Mate, your state might belong to israel in a few years. How does that feel?
>>
>>701523736
petrol

american

pick one
>>
>>701524782
NASA didn't use the metric system in 1969. NASA didn't switch to metric until 2007.
>>
Now guess wich system they used to get to the moon...
>>
>>701525087
I call BS
>>
>>701525187
http://www.space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
>>
>>701525087
>[citation needed]
>>
>>701525187
Uh... he's right, actually.
>>
>>701525138

and? all that means is they went the long way about it instead of the smart way.
>>
>putting on my shitstorm boots, here it comes
>>
>>701525272

See

>>701525240
>>
>>701524954
The imperial system has nothing to do with technological advances, military, or economics.
You guys still have way too many christians, educational problems, you are poorer than you think, but deny it all, you are arrogant as fuck and just because something works, doesn't mean something else works way better, like the metric system. Everything based on each other. 10cm^3 of water at a certain temperature in celsius is exactly one liter and one kilo. Try to top that, fuckface.
>>
>>701525086
I used the word 'petrol' to mock you dumb Europeans. No wonder you're so stupid. All the best universities are in the USA.
>>
>>701524209
That's kind of the point. It's easier to approximate an inch versus centimeters, and dates roll off the tongue much easier than trying to say the numeral first before the month. Better for archival, and for mentioning future dates.
>>
>>701523251
and both systems were used which makes your point invalid, metric is still the better choice
>>
>>701525342
Both systems are fine if you understand them. Chinese ppl know over 30k kanji. Blows your mind right? They understand just fine so don't pout over it either. Same shit.
>>
File: 1456359951967.png (788 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456359951967.png
788 KB, 1280x720
>>701523251
>only
American education everyone.
>>
>>701522793
fuck you England made this stupid shit. If you truly cared you would be bitching about the time like i do.

WTF 100 millseconds in a second but 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours a day 7 days a week 4 weeks a month and 12 months a year. That is arbitrary. it could all be changed to metric time.
>>
If you motherfuckers would at use 12 in your system, it would make sense as it can be divided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12, unlike 10, which can only be divided by 1, 2, 5 and 10. But no, your system goes all over the place.
>>
File: wat.gif (2 MB, 240x241) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wat.gif
2 MB, 240x241
>>701525087
Yes, of course NASA didn't use SI units until 2007 like literally every other scientist does since decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units
>>
>>701525656
Best universities in the world are here in the states.
>>
File: americans.jpg (85 KB, 600x548) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
americans.jpg
85 KB, 600x548
There are two types of countries in the world:
1). Those that use the metric system.
2). The one that put a man on the moon.
>>
>>701525472
Keep telling yourself that, Anon.

Just because imperial measurements are too complicated for your primitive brain doesn't mean that your simplistic system is superior.

Face it, you just have an inferiority complex. Get over it.
>>
>>701522793
We didn't make up this shit, Europeans did.
>>
>>701525082
New York is ran by Jews. The rest of the country thinks New York is a shit hole. Only New York likes New York.
>>
>>701524884

One thousand.

That's literally what the prefix kilo means, one thousand. Nobody uses kilominute because it's dumb and doesn't make sense, just like the Imperial system.
>>
>>701523251

America
Fuck yeah
Let's make this country great again
>>
>>701522793
No follow our British overlords, I'm okay with that.
>>
>>701525634

no, one takes way longer to come to the correct answer than the other. one has a much higher rate of miscalculation and error, which in the case of space travel, could and has meant the difference between life and death.

Americans know its outdated and rubbish but they will defend it's use until they are forced to join the modern world
>>
>>701525963
As an American from the best state in the nation-California- I agree.
>>
>>701525919
Your failed education system makes you think you're so awesome and don't need school to learn more and be more efficient, that now you think the imperial system works better than the metric system.
Don't be a fucking idiot.
>>
>>701525910
Sad comeback
>>
>>701526085

Be American
feel dumb
Nuke them all
Feel smart
>>
Just why the fuck don't Americans have a smaller unit than inches

Every day I need to deal with bullshit like 1/4" nuts and bolts, why not just use centimeters and millimeters like a civilized human being
>>
>>701526085
Miscalculations by retards who can't be bothered to study a tiny bit. Kinda like weeaboos faking my language. Not hard, white ppl are just idiotic and lazy.

Any measurement is fine. make one up, define it's parameters conclusively, and it'll work in the hands of an intelligent person.
>>
>>701523705
Not that anon, but Farheneit puts the normal body temp. at 100.
>>
>>701522793
>HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP THESE BULLSHIT UNITS
>YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP
>YOU GUYS
>MAKE UP
>Posts picture of all European invented units
>>
File: natural selection.png (68 KB, 297x297) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
natural selection.png
68 KB, 297x297
>>701523984
Myanmar and Liberia didn't land on the moon
>>
Metric is superior to Imperial in every way.

Except for the average citizen when it comes to temperature. The normal retard working a 9 to 5 job in an office is going to use 0-100F way more than he would ever even get above 50C.

But yeah other than that Imperial is just awful.
>>
>>701526158

> best state

> state where kanye, the Kardashians, Tom cruise, and other liberal rich entitled fuckers live

Pick one
>>
>>701526491

>why not

Because it's more confusing. This society was designed before it's inception. A dumb population was on the agenda from the start.
Metric is more logical, but also too easy.
>>
>>701523984
Dumb cunt...kek
>>
>>701523743
>>
File: 1459908089884.jpg (156 KB, 494x531) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459908089884.jpg
156 KB, 494x531
>>701526594

YES! this! ..i have come up with a system that works by you throwing a series of clams at a thirsty cactus ..granted, the more complex equations require quite a lot of clams and knowing when the cactus is at the right level of thirsty is complex in itself but it works god dammit!!

+1 to you good sir!
>>
>>701525712
>implying base 12 is better when counting with hands
>>
>>701527162
>implying
>>
>>701527221
prove me wrong then
>>
>>701525773
Please tell me the percentage of university educated people among the total population, and the height of student debt, while I enjoy my free engineering degree.

No, seriously tell me, I'm curious.
>>
>>701525963
>>701526158
jews own hollywood and all murican media
>>
>>701527162
Phalanges exist. There have also been systems with base 20, so we'd probably figure something out.
>>
>>701527421
>walt disney was a jew
>Disney owns hollywood

i agree
>>
>>701522793
It makes sense if you're not literally autistic
>>
>>701523538
More than just medically. By nearly doubling the effective range of temperatures, you get much more precise scale that's much more useful for things like measuring the temperature outside. A change of two or three degrees Celsius is massive as far as our bodies are concerned, and easily felt.
>>
Reminder that the whole world ran on some form of inches and feet because they are easier for the human brain to comprehend than metric units.
Inches are superior to cm for all real world applications.
>>
File: Bait.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bait.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>701527731
>>
>>701527507
>phalanges
i'm sure people forget about these pretty fast compared to actual fingers

>base 20
every multiple of 10 is easy to count with hand fingers.
>>
americans be acting like they rule the world and that thay saved europe 2 times, hate to bring it to you, but the ussr saved europe, and they use the metric system
>>
>>701523251
>>
>>701527100
Well now you're just being silly. Numbers man.
>>
10 is easier than 31/16/4/128/cancer
>>
>>701527720

Good thing metric system has that neat little thing called decimals
>>
File: 1430740974557.jpg (29 KB, 277x269) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430740974557.jpg
29 KB, 277x269
>>701525919

I KNOW RIGHT!! i tell this to people everyday when i ride my square wheeled bike and they are there like "you know about round wheels right" like that's the only shaped wheel with any merit. I usally respond by listing my many achievements with the square wheel but for some reason they seem to ride off quicker than i am, Obviously the complicated mechanics are too hard for them to grasp! fucking tards!! HAHAHAHA!
>>
>>701527720
If it's easily felt, then who gives a shit how hot somebody is?

A child who presents with a non-objectively measured fever is likely to be unwell.

The standard definition of fever varies, but the best evidence comes from febrile neutropenia in chemotherapy patients. 37.9 degrees celsius? No-one cares. 38 degrees? Give them some broad spectrum antibiotics within the hour. Sounds pretty 'medically useless'.
>>
File: images.png (16 KB, 488x302) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.png
16 KB, 488x302
>>
>>701527953
fucking this
>>
File: 1405440230828.jpg (134 KB, 446x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405440230828.jpg
134 KB, 446x400
In the US one ton is 907 kilograms!
They are incredible!
They were calling it "short ton" so that you can make the difference but after a while they shortened it into "ton". Isn't that marvelous?

FOR FUCK SAKE!
>>
>>701523251
>>701523692
>>701524183
And yet NASA uses metric units...
>>
>>701528159
Kek
>>
>>701522793
Yeah well fuck you and your country x2 times
>>
>>701527953
Well, it was a race to the moon... That's like a guy losing a 10k puffing his chest out even though he lost, because he hopped on one foot and drank the most cups of water and crossed the finish line doing the moonwalk.

Real neat, who fucking cares, you lost.
>>
>>701528468
that's actually how american landwhales can claim to lose weight.
>>
>>701528552
fuck off idiot
>>
>>701526843
Like I said, faggots, best state in the union. Hottest women in the union reside here.>>701527421
>>
>>701528468

wikipedia:

"In the United States, a short ton is usually known simply as a "ton",[1] without distinguishing it from the tonne (1,000 kilograms or 2,204.62262 pounds), known there as the "metric ton", or the long ton (2,240 pounds or 1,016.0469088 kilograms), known there as the "Imperial ton". There are, however, some US applications where unspecified tons normally means long tons (for example, Navy ships)[2] or metric tons (world grain production figures).

Both the long and short ton are defined as 20 hundredweights, but a hundredweight is 100 pounds (45.359237 kg) in the U.S. system (short or net hundredweight) and 112 pounds (50.80234544 kg) in the imperial system (long or gross hundredweight).[1]

A short ton–force is 2,000 pounds-force (8,896.443230521 N)."


COME ON! ARE YOU DOING THAT ON PURPOSE?

"LOOK LOOK, OUR SYSTEM IS ASPERGERS TRANSLATED IN MATHS!"
>>
File: forman.jpg (102 KB, 720x951) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
forman.jpg
102 KB, 720x951
>>701528602
>Well, it was a race to the moon
>>
>>701527376
How the fuck should I know? I'll wipe my ass with your degree. UC Berkeley grad says fuck your inferior education.
>>
feet and inches can be related to measurements of the human body and you can estimate distances in inches or feet much more accurately.
Nobody ever estimates "that wall is is 120cm" high. It's always "that wall is one meter high" or "that wall is on and a half meters high".
If you just said 4 feet it would be much closer to the truth because a foot is a more useful increment than a meter.
>>
>>701528702
No, we all just thru some shit together to make eurocucks have a rage stroke on anonymous message boards.
>>
>>701526633
except that it doesn't, more like 98.6

100 is light fever....
>>
>>701528839
Oh shit you're a nigger? My apologies for using so many words.
>>
File: 001.jpg (657 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
001.jpg
657 KB, 3000x2000
>>701527929
Yawn...back to back world war champs!
>>
>>701528904
are you high or something?
>>
>>701523423
>Huh, what a weird coincidence that the one country that breaks the shackles of globalization
the only country in the world that is properly shackled is the usa
>>
Eurofags are too stupid to learn fractions and dividing by numbers that aren't 10, so someone made a Playskool Math™ set for them to use.
>>
>>701528984
Oh.
Strange, i learned that 1000 was normal.
Oh, well then.
At least 0°F is still the melting point of dry ice.
>>
>>701527848
Base 12 is better then. You count each section of your fingers between the joints, so 4•3=12. You can count to 24 on two hands.
>>
>>701523622
But it does whisper, "look over here"
>>
>>701524447
No DDMMMYYYY is master race. 28Aug2016
>>
>>701529295
I see you do not computer.
>>
>>701529190
Binary is better. Since I can count to 1023 with my both hand!
>>
>>701529190
>implying the whole hand hasn't 14 joints
>>
>>701528354
Home of the best universities in the world.
>>
>>701529455
I see you do not science or engineer.
>>
>>701529524
Home of the "you have to be rich if you want to get educated"
>>
>>701523538
F decibes the temperatures that are comfortable to humans more efficiently. Thermostats in the US only need two digits (from 60 to 85 F) whereas using C scale, three digits are needed, because a person can feel the difference between every 0.5 C when heating or cooling.
>>
>>701529190
Someone who gets it.

>>701529295
Actually, YYYYMMDD makes more sense as you first let people know the year in which something happened, then the month, then the day.

>>701529519
14 can only be divided by 1,7 and 14, makes dividing a lot more difficult, unlike 12 [like I said before], which can be divided be 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12.
>>
>>701529519
That's why I specified counting the sections of your fingers between the joints, faggot.
>>
>>701529131
wrong too
> Dry ice sublimes at −78.5 °C (−109.3 °F) at Earth atmospheric pressures
>>
>>701525910
Myanmar and Liberia didn't land on the moon
>>
>>701529131
It's just retarded:
> 0 °F, was established as the temperature of a solution of brine made from equal parts of ice and salt. Further limits were established as the melting point of ice (32 °F) and his best estimate of the average human body temperature (96 °F, about 2.5 °F less than modern measurements).
>>
>>701524795
Underrated.
>>
>>701526633
Idiot nigger
>>
>>701529591
I'm not rich and I received a world class education because of my superior intellect. It's called upward mobility. Oh right, you know nothing about leaving your initial station in life. I forget your peasant ways. Please, forgive me.
>>
>>701529485
this.
I actually use this, no shit
This way I can count to 31 on one hand
>>
>pov alaska and texas.
now i see why they want to become independent
>>
>>701527376
Percentage of those with a degree has been steadily rising since 1940, when we started keeping track of these things, and is currently at about 30%, according to the US Census Bureau.

According to data retrieved in 2016, there is $1.26 trillion in student debt, spread across 43.3 million people. That is an average of $29,561 per person. This is up 6% from 2015. This data comes from the National Student Loan Data System.

I'm not here to argue any point, just giving out the requested information.
>>
File: metric.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
metric.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>701524795
Is called "American banter". They parrot inane and unrelated sentences about how a Nazi scientist ran a space program (using metric) with American money.

Also this >>701529815
>>
>>701529024
>>
>>701523885
All major scientific and engineering works are done in metric, regardless of what country you're in. The people doing the work know the units and the conversions, this whole argument is solely for tourists who get confused. Just fucking Google the conversions it's not hard.
>>
The states did go out of their way to make retarded units of measurement. Thought that was a widely known fact. We also took some letters out of words arbitrarily that were far from superfluous.
>>
We didn't choose any of those units. Those units were around long before Europeans set foot in North America.

But it is handy to have all the necessary measuring that a built-in to your body. An inch is the tip of your index finger to your first knuckle. A foot is your foot. A yard is one stride of your feet when walking. No measuring sticks needed.
Metric is great for science, but sucks in describing day to day stuff.
>>
>>701527376
lol, free. You should have taken an econ class at uni.
>>
>>701530237
More-or-less this, but it also comes into play for the everyday person whilst cooking. I know a lot of people who just never bothered to memorize conversions between cups, pints, teaspoons, tablespoons, and the like, and so having to bring Google into the equation can be very annoying.

Be sure to focus on 'annoying' and not anything else. It's not a big problem, it's just annoying. Those of age before instant information was available had a much better grasp on such things, as far as my own experiences have gone.
>>
>>701530273
>An inch is the tip of your index finger to your first knuckle. A foot is your foot. A yard is one stride of your feet when walking
Imperial confirmed for manlets. When will they learn (metric)?
>>
>>701530158
kek at picture
>>
>>701524321
At this point it doesn't even matter what units they used then, the American scientific community uses metric so that scientific units are standardized across the globe so you don't have to spend a bunch of time doing conversions to work with someone in a different country.
>>
>>701530273
The difference is that you call some simple calculations that an 8 year old could do "science" in america.

Our daily usage feels like science to you because your units are garbage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUVjJWA6Vw
>>
>>701530547
I'm 6'5", and the approximation is still correct.
It's not about being exact, it's about making a good guess. You don't generally need exact measurements in day-to-day stuff.
>>
>>701530751
> implying rounding doesn't exist in metric
>>
>>701530273
How is it worse for day to day things? It's better in every way.
>>
>>701522793
If the metric system is so fucking awesome, then why isn't time on a metric standard?
>>
>>701530751
>It's not about being exact, it's about making a good guess
Good goy.

Guess you don't mind to buy 0,9 pounds of something and pay the price of 1,1.

American "logic".
>>
>>701530889
>implying
>>
>>701531012
Because, unfortunately, the earth doesn't play along.

365 days is just an approximation
>>
>>701531024
Not here in the empire, we have resources to burn because we take it from the rest of the world. Poor bastard.
>>
>>701525712
Base 60 is the future.
>>
>>701530889
Woah, woah. I'm not arguing either point here, just providing information. Rounding exists in all forms of measurement.

>>701531024
We provide scales at all stores in which weight is a factor in purchasing, and that standards of measurement are not in place. Thanks to a global economy and immense government oversight, such exacting measurements are thankfully in the past.
>>
>>701531212
>is great to give money to our jew overlords
Ebin.

How's your mutilated penis, breh?
>>
because im 5 feet 6 59⁄64 inches tall of couse

(170cm for non-retards)
>>
>>701531390
argue with that oh w8 you can't
>>
>>701530681
Thats actually a good video
>>
>>701523251
Last time Americans were on the moon was December 1972 - America is living in the past like my stroked out granpa
>>
>>701531390
Let's be fair, just because your specific height lands on a nice, even, whole number in one measurement doesn't mean that measurement is better.
For example, I'm exactly 6'5", which is 195.58cm.
Humans vary in height greatly, and neither system is better or worse at measuring them.
>>
>>701523912
What other humans besides Americans have been on the moon?
>>
>>701531346
Fail fag is fail. My glorious American cock is completely intact. Care to try again, loser?
>>
I bet rollercoasters in Europe are fucking boring. Like Mr. Bones Wild Ride boring...
>>
>>701531647
.58 is easier than 59⁄64
>>
>>701531742
>lying on the internet
Beyond sad.
>>
>>701531827
Whine more. Neither are accurately measurable by standard household devices. At least try to be reasonable, dear.
>>
Another thing I don't understand is why do all americans have jew penises?
>>
>>701528159
Kek
>>
>>701531618
America is the single greatest political experiment, past , present or future. Fuck your inferior country. What are you, some Swede cuck?
>>
>>701531969
>Neither are accurately measurable by standard household devices
A common metric ruler can accurately measure shit up to the millimeters, with some room for sub-millimeter approximation.
>>
>>701531847
Yawn...what is that? That famous English wit? How sad.
>>
>>701522793
Inches and feet are pretty clever units.
Most of the time I won't have a tape measure or a ruler at hand, so I can do at least some measurements with inches (a width of a thumb) and feet (a length of a feet).

t. Spurdo Spärde
>>
File: bernie.jpg (162 KB, 1387x1382) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bernie.jpg
162 KB, 1387x1382
when american politicians wanna make america more like Europe.
>>
>>701522793
You have to realize these units were made independently of one another, sometimes centuries apart. The units themselves are perfectly fine and certainly not bullshit. The problem is since they were made independently of each other they are a clusterfuck when put together. All the old systems were like this, more or less. We are just too stubborn to change. All of the science still use the metric system though.
>>
File: 1461635824251.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461635824251.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
>>701529524
hows that safe space going??
>>
>>701532195
AmericaS*
>>
>>701530150
yeah but that counts degrees like women's studies and arts
>>
>>701532245
>you more!
What is that? That famous Burger mental retardation?

No wonder why you like Imperial.
>>
>>701523251
>implying moon missions weren't 90% metric
>>
>>701532311
Yes, but without that famous peasant class of yours. I hear one of your monarchs coming, quick, bow your head in shame and respect. Piece of garbage mentality alive and well in this day and age.
>>
San antonio to houston is 197 miles. >>701532273
gl counting all 1 040 160 steps
>>
>>701532667
>monarch still rule in europe
American "education".
>>
>>701532496
What? I can't understand your poor effort to communicate. It must be that free education you are so proud of back home. Berkeley grad for the win.
>>
how the fuck is month the 2nd biggest? can you fuck heads not count? 1 through 12. clearly the smallest number. 1 through 28 30 or 31. 2nd largest number. 0 - 2016. largest number by far. any questions retards?
>>
>>701532496
>best universities
>not UNT, faggot
>>
>>701522793
Yeah, but over here in the United States of awesome, our keyboards don't have broken caps lock keys.

Also, the Moon.

Also, muh freedoms.

Don't be jealous though. The metric system is pretty nifty.
Cuck faggot.
>>
>>701533008
>any questions?
Are you legally retarded or just pretending?
>>
The problem is, you can't argue with these idiots.
They are below our level, so to argue you need to go on the same level.
Then they will beat you with their experience in being an american idiot
>>
>>701532496
I visited their website, and looked into that policy. It is not a mandatory policy by their own college's bylaws, nor is it required by any government office. That very website also mentions that it is a ridiculous "rule",. and offers a hilarious section of "good ideas" for men to avoid assaulting/raping people, noting that it is intended to be ridiculous.
It is also of note that the website mentions that men can also be raped and assaulted, which is a pretty progressive statement for a feminist website.
>>
>>701532640
What is that? My world class education making you jealous? I'll take that hamburger with fries, peasant.
>>
>>701532625
"Don't shoot the messenger", argue at the people/person involved in the argument that requested the fact checker.
>>
>>701533131
I belive he's pointing out that there are other perspectives that also make sense, not just your own.

Something liberals and most Europeans have had a particularly hard time grasping over the years.
>>
>>701528602
This
>>
>>701522793
Blame the British, they invented it.
>>
>>701522793
Thanks for sharing. So funny when looking at it like this.
They really should get with the program and change to the metric system
>>
>>701532806
Do you really want me to point out the error of your belief that monarchs are simply there for show? Who do you think your prime ministers report to? A fucking queen. Inferior European education is right. Shaking my head.
>>
>>701532195
>no Alaska and Hawaii
>>
>>701533226
>get told
>keep replying the same unrelated sentences until the other guy gets tired and I get the last word
American "intellectual and educated discussion".
>>
>>701533134
Yawn...
>>
>>701533131
only people that are retarded here are the ones who think 12 is larger than 31
>>
>>701527953
holy burgers and niggers batman
>>
>>701533505
The monarchy has no political, economical, religious, or other form of power in modern Europe.
Each royal household receives a stipend from their government (derived from taxes), which grant them some amount of local economic strength, but they are by-and-large figureheads.
>>
>>701533134
Even if anything you've argued is true, you're still not a part of the group you've been praising. You're on /b/. Posting passionately in yet another hate merica thread.

You're a literal loser on all fronts.
>>
America is not a sovereign nation
>>
>>701524497
United States is run by Jews kekedy kek
>>
>>701530681
this video is all to be said
>>
>>701533628
Typical European: I told him I'm right. So he's wrong. Sure thing, buddy. Don't let anything like facts get in the way of your fallacious reasoning.
>>
Excuse me guys. Newfag here.
What is "kek"
I have heard it a bunch of times on 4chan
>>
>>701533804
The Queen has some power. She is head of the judiciary and therefore cannot sue, or be sued, as this would put her opponent at an apparent disadvantage. She is also the head of Parliament and head of the executive. Although she does not sit in Parliament, every year she reads the governments proposed legislative programme in the House of Lords. As head of the executive, she also has some powers. She technically gives Royal Assent to parliamentary bills, making them law, though in reality this is done on her behalf. She retains the power to appoint a prime minister, to sack a government, to dissolve parliament and call an election (though in reality she only does this on the advice of the PM)
>>
File: thisisbait.png (66 KB, 625x626) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
thisisbait.png
66 KB, 625x626
>>701534378
>>
>>701534482
So kek = this is bait??
>>
what does it stand for?
>>
>>701533804
But there have been instances in the past of the queen flexing her muscles, or of accidentally getting involved in party politics.

In the 1950s the Tory party had not come up with a method of electing a leader. When they replaced a leader, the party's "men in suits" simply told the leader to resign, and a replacement was quietly suggested. On one occasion she has herself appointed the new PM in office when the party could not choose, so she seemingly not only chose the PM, but a Tory party leader.

She also has possibly intervened in the past to stop a private members bill, put forward by Labour republicans, which would have abolished all hereditary titles except hers. It is thought the bill was withdrawn on her advice.
>>
Americans be like "but muh freedom"
bitch please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90RajY2nrgk
>>
>>701533804
But she's just a figurehead. Lmao
>>
>>701534378
"kek" is the translated text "lol" from Orcish to Common in World of Warcraft. It gained widespread recognition on the internet roughly 10 years ago.
>>
>>701534378
nigga, heard of google?
>>
>>701531823
they too are owned by jews and follow the murican idea
>3 hours queuing then 30 seconds ride time
>>
>>701534743
Thanks.
Glad someone actually explained it to me without being a dick.
>>
>>701534781
Nigga, i fucked your mama.
>>
>>701534802
The queen is a Jew. Look it up.
>>
File: 1466326178834.jpg (454 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466326178834.jpg
454 KB, 2048x2048
>>701532063
>political experiment
I assume you mean giving all the monies and power to the jew
>>
>>701534721
"By-and-large" means "mostly", in even more simple terms.

>>701534668
>>701534430

While what these two gentleman have said is true, it is important to note that (like they both said) these instances are extraordinarily rare. This is sort of like the American system in that politicians are awarded a kind of immunity from civil suits and minor infractions, and akin to your state Senator being able to technically appoint various city and state officials when traditional elections fail.

>>701534781
Be kind, you were a noob once, too.
>>
As an American scientist I completely agree with OP. Our units are fucked and it would be so much easier if we were on the same page as the rest of the global science community.
>>
>>701532963
*puts hands over ears
LA LA LA MURICA DA GREETEST LA LA LA
>>
We also measure radiation in rads not Greys
>>
File: Usa Bomb.png (1 MB, 1893x761) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Usa Bomb.png
1 MB, 1893x761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDEu8KmNj0
>>
>>701535100
I posted all that information and the truth of the matter is that she always had the power and never has relinquished it. Spin that anyway you want, Sir.
>>
File: freedum.png (1 MB, 1020x573) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
freedum.png
1 MB, 1020x573
>>701522793
Keeps talking about freedom and independence... Still uses brits imperial system.
>>
>>701533211
how many colleges/universities have mandatory rape classes for all males??
>>
>>701535327
Facts are facts.
>>
>>701533362
>other perspectives that also make sense
>day is bigger than month
pick one
>>
File: murica.png (329 KB, 498x353) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
murica.png
329 KB, 498x353
>>701522793
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 625x534) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 625x534
Come back when your shithole country draws a dick on Mars.
>>
File: 1466163704158.jpg (51 KB, 326x320) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466163704158.jpg
51 KB, 326x320
>>701522793
>>
>>701532195
That's the Americas you idiot.
>>
>>701536134
we can place our flag in a film studio too
>>
>>701536134

I heard it's faded into a French flag now...
>>
>>701528602
Lol.

>Ignore the world's achievements
>Loses space race in all categories but one
>Champions singular achievement

The brainwashing of your education and media is astounding.
>>
>>701528602
>The space race
>Wasn't a race to space at all
>>
>>701524150
Then what use would they be you fucking nigger
>>
>>701529118
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/07/great-third-pound-burger-ripoff
>>
>>701536569
Who the fuck do you think you are speaking to, you fucking peasant! I can't believe you still bow before other men in tribute. And you try and shame us Americans for daring to be great? For dominating the last 200 years? Fuck you.
>>
>>701536865
I recently read there is a group of russians looking at sending a satellite/probe to proxima centauri
>>
File: 1465510376008.jpg (79 KB, 720x671) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1465510376008.jpg
79 KB, 720x671
>>
I am an engineer, so I use both. Conversions aren't that hard...
>>
>ctrl+f "big mac"
>No results
>ctrl+f "thanks Obama"
>No results
>ctrl+f "shall not be infringed"
>No results

Obvious false flagging, noone in this thread is american.
>>
File: 1470359546011.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470359546011.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>>
>>701537024
pic version
>>
>>701537147
ussr saved europe you dumb fuck
>>
File: 1466114744039s.jpg (6 KB, 140x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1466114744039s.jpg
6 KB, 140x250
>>701537287
Europe, where we are all smart and skinny.
>>
>>701527929
>Saved Europe

Yup, that's what I'd call dividing it in half and puppeting everything behind the Iron Curtain
>>
>>701535618
what facts??
that there is a 6'5" upwardly mobile berkley grad who has nothing better to do an a weekend than post on /b/??
or that a berkley grad can't into english??
>>
>>701537542
Right. And who saved you from the USSR?
>>
File: obese.gif (26 KB, 860x509) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
obese.gif
26 KB, 860x509
>>701537615
>>
>>701537648
Stalin, when he fucked up his own shitty country beyond repair.
>>
>>701523981
>ranked 10th in obesity
try again
>>
File: 1470328153099.jpg (16 KB, 261x187) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1470328153099.jpg
16 KB, 261x187
>>701537542
Do you honestly think the Russians could have made it to France before the Nazis hopped the channel? Didn't think so.
>>
>>701537734
What the fuck is the y-axis supposed to be? A percentage? This graph is a poorly made piece of shit. And if it is supposed to be a percentage, is it really trying to imply that 50% of the US population will be obese? Come on now. This graph is fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 41
Thread DB ID: 75948



Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [sexy] | 4Archive.org | [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.