Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Christians of /b/, let's talk. I'm genuinely interested

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 38
File: crucifix.jpg (63 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
crucifix.jpg
63 KB, 300x412
Christians of /b/, let's talk.

I'm genuinely interested in why you believe there is a God.
>>
>>695798912
Shameful self bump
>>
It's just the sheer size of the universe and complexity of even the simplest organisms that makes me think there must be some creator
>>
>>695798912
Why I believe: Sensus Divinitatis.
Why my belief is warrented: Reformed Epistemology.
>>
>>695799392
*warranted
>>
The fact that we evolved from ooze Ina puddle to this with no help supposedly baffles me and I think there must have been some help along the way.
>>
Then who could have created the creator?
>>
>>695799359
There is plenty of science to explain those things, though. And why Christianity out of all religions?
>>695799392
That's pretty frightening reasoning there. Saying you're right because logic doesn't apply to you means you're wrong to people who believe in logic.
>>
>>695799642
Interesting question. I guess you'll have to get close to the creator and ask him.
>>
>>695799634
Not to be condescending, but just because something is beyond your (and my) comprehension does not make it any less true. There are plenty of talks a lot of research to show how evolution got us here. From that ooze to humans.
>>
>>695799634
So why god and not "aliens"?
>>
>>695799748
What you just did is called begging the question, where the statement presupposes that it is correct. It's not very good reasoning.
>>
>>695799694
Not who you responded to, but we worship a god of grace, not a god of reason. And he never said he was right, he gave his reason for believing. You're using the same atheist buzzwords and phrases you heard on the atheist experience or some shit.
>>
lol youre all idiots

#scientology
>>
>implying anyone on /b/ is unironically religious

Christians are Christians because their families are, there you go
>>
>>695800200
Well he believes he is right, so isn't that the same as saying he is right? If he's willing to admit he isn't right then what does he even believe in? And I don't know what "the atheist experience" is nor do I know to which buzzwords you're referring.

And the question was why do you believe in this God? I'd still like to know your answer.
>>
>>695799748
Believing in a religion created by a science fiction writer with bad teeth.
>>
>>695798912
If there is no God then surely people shouldn't be scared to go into haunted places at night and not be scared of ghost, because how could ghost exist if God doesn't?
>>
>>695800504
That's not fair. There are plenty of intelligent Christians who were born of atheistic families. I know a few.
>>
>>695800817
People aren't scared of ghosts. Every fiber of their being is telling them to be cautious of the dark because we evolved around nocturnal predators who would hide in the shadows. Even so you saying that people's superstitions prove there is a God is ludicrous.
>>
I want you to type in on google 101 thongs that show the ens of the world written in the bible. Most have already happened and it'll help prove that 'all' is true
>>
>>695800677
It's not an argument of right and wrong. It's whether or not you love Him, because He already loves you. You don't have to tell me if you will, but pray tonight and ask for a sign. I really hope you find the way. And if you must know, I came to Him by praying for truth and he made himself known to me. Even if you don't pray for the sign tonight, I'm praying for you and for the other's on this thread rn.
>>
>>695801159
This is really not sound reasoning at all. Everything predicted in revelations had happened BEFORE it was written. Aside from the second coming of Jesus, which has yet to happen. All of those predictions are safe guesses. And supposing that one part of the bible partially predicted the future means that the rest is fact is pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>695801308
How did he make himself known? Was it a feeling you got? Did you hear a voice? Did a book fall off of your shelf? What do you consider a sign of God?
>>
>>695801308
He he already loves me then I don't have to do anything...
>>
>>695799642
Well, we live in a dimension that everything has a beginning and end. Life, stars, galaxies, ect. So maybe a god is in a dimension that there is no just thing as beginning or end but infinite. It just doesn't make sense to us because we aren't built to understand such complexity
>>
>>695801753
There is only one thing you have to do; accept that love. Once you accept the sacrifice of Christ, you will WANT to do things for Him. Christians don't have to do anything, we want to because of our great love for God
>>
>>695802069
You just made the scientific argument for "before" the big band, but slightly different. The only thing is that there is proof of the big bang and no proof for a creator.
>>
>>695802207
There is no way a person with your views would exist in a board like this. You are clearing trolling...
>>
>>695801737
a series of dreams is what really started me on the path, but signs of God are sometimes what brings people to him. Because Christ said to never put God to the test, your faith should never be based around what he can do for you in the physical world.
>>
>>695802287
Yeah that's true. But who knows right? there might be a creator. Maybe he doesn't look like the popular "Man in the sky" but who knows. The creator can be a freaking computer for all we know lol
>>
>>695802207
Why would god make us logical beings and then make the only way to avoid eternal damnation to go against the very way he made us? That is not a loving god. That is a an arrogant and sadistic god, and I reject someone so immoral.
>>
>>695802357
But this is exactly how God works. I am in no way perfect, but maybe I am here for a reason, a reason that neither you or I know. Maybe I'm here because God knows his words will not fall on deaf ears in this thread. I hope that somebody is reading this and feels a calling in their heart to ask for God to reveal his grace to them.
>>
>>695802654
>never ask god to prove his existence
Fuck god then. If he wants me to devote my entire life to him he can pony up his side of the deal and make himself known. And dreams are not a place to derive meaning for your life. Otherwise my religion would be porking Alexandra Daddario.
>>695802709
You keep saying no one knows but you believe in the one that is the least possible to know? It doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>695802771
God is not arrogant or sadistic. It is not our nature to sin, we were corrupted by this world and we must go against that corruption to find ourselves. There is nothing more fulfilling than finding your meaning in God. We are put through tests because the measure of a man's righteousness is found in how he acts in times of distress or temptation, not in times of happiness and ease.
>>
>>695803009
What if I have waited for a sign or a calling? What if in the past I've wanted to believe. Because I have and I got nothing.
>>
>>695798912
I can't comprehend the fact of not existing after I die
>>
>>695803262
You're just saying things that sound nice. You didn't even get to the root of what I said. Why would god make us logical beings and then make the only way to avoid eternal damnation to go against the very way he made us? Answer that.
>>
>>695802771
Maybe hes bored as hell and wanted to challenge some lesser beings and maybe give them a sticker if they win and if they dont damn them to hell for eternity.
>>
>>695803183
Well first off, I never found meaning in the dreams, the dreams led me to find meaning in the Bible and the Word of God.
You misquote me, I never said to never ask God to prove his existence. It is perfectly fine to ask God to reveal his grace to you.
Christ was saying that we shouldn't ask God to "turn this stone into a loaf of bread" just to prove His existence or for your own personal gain.
>>
I once was sad as fuck and was in the shower. Then I asked "God, universe, creator? are you there?"
and I felt something that I can barely describe. It felt like something was talking to me through emotions and I felt it say "what do you need?" (at this point I wasn't sure if I was going crazy" I asked to meet the love of my life. I said that I wan't to meet a girl who is just like me and I stated other features and qualities> Then I felt it say "Ok". Next day I see this beautiful girl on facebook (she was at my friend's bday at some bar) and thought to myself "She is probably taken" I went over there to see my friend and she was there. I kid you not. She was exactly what I asked for 110%. We hooked up (not in a relationship we just fucked) it didn't workout at the time. But recently I started hanging with her again and me and her are always 100% in sync with each other. Like we are able to know what we both are thinking and shit. We both have the same goals in life and everything. She literally is the perfect girl for me
>>
>>695803567
I've asked before. I've gotten nothing. By your own logic god doesn't exist.
>>
>>695803183
I never said I believed in him dude lol Im not christian. I use to be but then I decided to explore more cause I was brought up chirstian and that's all I knew
>>
>>695798912
No point arguing because you dont know until you die so why not enjoy life amd do what the fuck you want.
>>
>>695803557
Then he's a fucking asshole, and I refuse to acknowledge or worship him. If he dislikes it may he strike me dead where I stand.
>>
>>695803009
You have no reason to be here at all, just like your existence is completely meaningless. Your thoughts are the evolved thinking system of a predator. And trust me, your words will never touch anything in me, because you are just clearly insane.
>>
>>695798912
Because it's scientifically impossible for all the matter and energy to just have either always existed or poofed into existence. Something supernatural had to start the universe. The chances of such complex life are mathematically zero.
>>
>>695798912
I believe in myself.
>>
>>695803800
But its a shiny sticker
>>
>>695803947
You're stating false things as if they are fact. It's been proven and discussed by many people both smarter and more educated than you and I. I'd like to see any peer reviewed evidence that backs up your claims.
>>
>>695803545
It is not illogical to believe in a higher power like the Father, if he is the source of all logic and morality, and there is none higher than his.
It's funny you mention this topic of going against your nature, because I've been trying to quit masturbating and going to clubs just for the sake of sex. (like I said, I'm definitely not perfect) I've really been working on it, and if this is something you're actually interested in, I've found that if you ask God for help, he freely gives it to you. In my most horny and fucking stupid moments, he's been there and he's saved more times than I know.
>>
>>695804007
I don't get what you mean by this. Explain?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 1218x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 1218x685
Actual Mormon here, not a troll.

I know that Jesus Christ is raised from the dead. He is alive today because the ancient Apostles testified to that fact and all sealed it with their blood. Likewise the modern apostles and prophets like Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith also sealed the testimony that Jesus lives with their blood. I am inclined to believe that these people would not die for a lie.
>>
>>695804275
So you stopped masturbating and through this you found God? I think it's time to bed kid.
>>
>>695804275
It is illogical to believe in Christianity, certainly. To believe that your brand new religion is right and the thousands that existed before it are not is illogical. All because dreams led you to "know god" which doesn't even mean anything. It's just an empty phrase.
>>
>>695804414
Fuckoff jesus wasnt white
>>
Intelligent design is what makes me believe there's a creator out there.

Even the smallest bacteria and viruses have gears and pumps.
>>
>>695804414
But what about the thousands who have died for other religions which you believe to be lies? That's ridiculous reasoning. Also Joseph Smith was a known con man and was arrested several times for things not pertaining to the Mormon faith at all.
>>
>>695800817
>mental gymnastics
>>
>>695803812
It may not be for you. It might be for somebody else reading this, but I am praying for you right now. All you have to do is ask God, and even if my words can't touch anything in you, His will. It says in the Bible "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, I will take from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." -Ezekiel 36:25 and 26
>>
>>695803800
Please see >>695803262
>>
>>695804518
Nope, already a Christian, I'm working on quitting because I love him.
>>
>>695803634
0/10 for making me read that shit
>>
>Millions believe all matter and energy was condensed into an extremely small dense spec that blew up and boom everything and the universe.
>Those million also think its ridiculous for a higher being to have created the universe and everything in it.
?????? Both seem pretty fucking "illogical" huh? I personally believe in a creator.
>>
>>695804861
Your statement presupposes that there is intelligent design. The fact that things are complex does not mean there is intelligent design. Why would god not make us work all by magic without the need for biology? That seems much more intelligent. Why do we breath and eat through the same hole causing hundreds of deaths each year? That's some downright shitty design.
>>
>>695804663
That's okay, I might be illogical or crazy as you say. But it's not me who matters, it's my God and I hope you'll reach out to Him because He's already trying to reach you. He loves you more than I could ever love you and more than you could ever love yourself.
>>
>>695805036
Hey dummy it's the same guy. and i already refuted you once so I'm not doing it again.
>>
>>695798912
i just saw this as i was going to bed, so im gonna give one point on the topic but then im gone, so dont expect a response after this. that said a big one for me is that all information can be traced back to a mind. that means that the insanly complex information stored in DNA must have had an author. DNA is cool, but its only as good as whats on it, like how a flash drive is neat, but its the information on it thats usefull. hope that makes sence, im falling asleep as i type

also google the Cambrian explosion for archaeological reasons and the kalam cosmological argument for logic/physics reasons
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 640x1136
Because our lord Pepe was not made by ordinary commoners.
>>
>>695805227
Also, note I said "creator" and not a religion. Religion is made by people, and people are shithole liars and retarded.
>>
>>695802207
Sounds gay
>>
>>695804668
Yes, he wasn't white.

>>695804896
Our 11th article of faith says that we believe men may worship God according to the dictates of their conscience. These people had a partial testimony of truth and we uphold them in that. Our 13th article of faith says we accept all things that are true.

A "known con man" willingly went to the grave for his people. Con men don't do that. He kept up his work for twenty years. The eleven other people who testified that they saw the golden plates from which he translated the Book of Mormon never surrendered their testimony either, despite the fact most of them had falling outs with Joseph Smith. They would have every reason to expose him as a fraud and yet none of them did.

But don't take my word for it. You can read it for yourself.
>>
>>695805174
true story though
>>
>>695805227
There's proof for the big bang and absolutely none for a creator. It's not illogical to follow scientific evidence.
>>
>>695804414
Just because someone died for something does not make it true. People died for Saddam Hussein, does that make his ideology true? No.
>>
>>695805391
You refuted nothing. You asked a question in response and I answered that one also, in response.
>>
>>695805262
Biology is the magic. Idk quit fucking shoveling food down your mouth
>>
>>695805356
If he's trying he's failed. Which means he's not omnipotent. So again, fuck him.
>>
>>695805588
1. No there isnt "proof", by saying that there is makes me believe you arent intelligent.
2. Im sorry were you alive during the big bang watching it all go down?
>>
>>695805748
Please, before you go to bed, ask him to soften your heart. Don't forget, it's important.
>>
>>695798912
OP you are genuinely retarded if you think you're going to garner any valuable information about """""Christians""""" that browse /b/. This board is not for "proper" Christians--you are only directing your question to people who call themselves Christian without actually being a Christian (that is to say, a disciple of Christ).
>>
File: 20160719_135621.jpg (647 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160719_135621.jpg
647 KB, 1920x1080
>>695798912
fuck off
>>
>>695805592
These people killed for Saddam. There's a fundamental difference between a pacifist apostle and an extremist soldier.
>>
>>695805569
But what if they believed in multiple gods? And I've read a lot about the Mormonism from both inside and outside perspectives. It's about the most obvious bullshit there is today. On par with Scientology.
>>
Whoa guys, what if earth is just a playground controlled by a something. All those ancient ruins are mega structures that survived the previous cleaning.
>>
>>695805569
Holy shit 11 people. I can make 50 swear to everybody that I fucked your mom in a santa clause outfit outside of macy's in the middle of the day
>>
Ok I believe there is a god because of the prolific evidence
Just about every culture has some form of religion
I was raised Baptist but I don't believe that a all knowing all powerful God would entrust the English and Spaniards to spread his word
I mean shit the genocide alone
Plus I don't think he would Damn every person to hell who died before the spreading of eastern religion
Furthermore I firmly believe the earlier Catholic church basterdized the scripture to suit there own needs as they copied the bible by hand and were known to sell relics to absolve sinners
I think every religion has its own merits and harmony is what every religion is based on and it is only the bastardization of it that leads to things like human sacrifice holy wars the Spanish inquisition the witch trials the crusades
Except scientology that shit is garbage
>>
>>695806083
Also, the average IQ of /b/ inhabitants must be like 90. We are the most retarded board of all, I have no idea what you're looking for here... you know the kind of answers you're going to get.
>>
>>695805907
There is observational evidence of the big bang.
>>
Jesus Christ is the son of God, go fuck yourself you buttfucking libtard faggot.
>>
>>695805907
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
Oh look an entire webpage full off scientific evident about the big bang. Full of citations and sources.

>You disagree with me so you're stupid

okay, buddy

>you have to directly observe something for it to be true

Oh I'm sorry did you watch god create the universe then?
>>
>>695800144
Catholic here
We believe in aliens and the posibility of them having a soul
>>
>>695806048
I've played this game before. Ending sucks.
>>
>>695806434
Hell yeah ye ye fuck libraryls
>>
>>695806083
So what are you then?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-19-41-05.png (118 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-19-41-05.png
118 KB, 480x800
>>695798912

> Christians

> why is there a gawd

> nawt why gawd is jeebus the destroyer of th entire wirld an king if new jersalem.

> nawt y u bleeve in rebuhlachuns wher jeebis sits in th throne of new jewsalem

Pls
>>
>>695806209
I don't think you realize the enormity of that claim. These are men who sacrificed professional reputation for their claim that they saw an angel themselves and Joseph Smith let them physically handle golden plates be discovered by the same said angel. Fifty people insulting my mother wouldn't put their career and lives on the line for that.
>>
>>695798912
>genuinely interested
Yeah, genuinely interested in starting an Internet argument. Come back when you actually want to know more about our beliefs.
>>
>>695806876
Christianity is what I deal with most and know best. I'm not interested in arguing about something I'm completely ignorant of.
>>
>>695806484
"Evidence" I laugh at your lack of intelligence. There is no real evidence.
>this happens probably because of that
Thats all your "evidence" is, now go be ignorant and illogical somewhere else.
Completely denying any sort of creator is more illogical than anything. Do you KNOW that it doesnt exist? Nope. Then how can you logically 100% deny it. Youre just an idiot and its funny.
>>
>>695799392
>Sensus Divinitatis

I don't have a 'sense' of a deity. A being outside time and space sounds non-logical.
>>
We Catholics believe in evolution, big bang, science, aliens global warming and respect for lgbtq. The other christians religions are fucked up by not believing in this
>>
>>695798912
It's just a feeling, can't explain or help it. Logically it seems ridiculous, but I've always had a gut feeling god is real.
>>
>>695806992
I'm learning by asking questions, dummy. If you can't handle a little interrogation your faith is shitty.
>>
File: 1469148462224s.jpg (2 KB, 125x86) Image search: [Google]
1469148462224s.jpg
2 KB, 125x86
>>695806938

>mfw book of Mormon got all the history of America wrong

> revealed truth

Pls
>>
>>695806288
What makes you so certain that the big bang wasn't the beginning of creation
I'm not trying to be deliberately contrary but I also don't think that "god" is just some old guy in the clouds there is so much we have left to discover in our lifetime and much more that we will never know
Also let there be light
And I'm not talking about you just other people in general
I hate it when fuckers try and treat me like a retard and say shit like oh you only think the earth is 2000 years old and all that shit
It pisses me off to no end
You don't know what I believe don't compare me to some zealot and assume that you know every belief I have
>>
I never understood why so many people have the need to dedicate their lives to some entity that may or may not exist. You've got one life, don't waste it.
>>
>>695807074

No. Your asking Christians why they believe in vague theism, not specifically why they're Christians.

I call bait or ur normfag
>>
>>695806876
>Shinto
Look guys! We have a genuine weaboo over here!
>>
>>695806805
Ye ye??
>>
>>695798912
>>695798912
i'll give you a fresh perspective on God
>if classical physics explains everything, everything you ever think, say, or do was determined since the beginning of time
>this is superdeterminism
>if nonlocality holds true, the universe is ultimately incomprehensible
>God is the only explanation for both free will and a comprehensible universe

Christianity always just made the most sense to me and i've had some personal experiences with God that I can't just disregard. Just my two cents
>>
>>695807280
This.
Also, how can someone 100% deny it? The said creator could went
>snap
>big bang happens beginning of universe have fun yall im clocking out
>>
>>695807090
Can you deny that god fucked your mom? Can you deny that he is an atheist? Can you deny that unicorns live constantly just out of every human beings eyesight? You have the burden of proof by claiming that something DOES exist. Prove he does in any way at all.

>this happens probably because of that

Way to be totally disingenuous whilst still proving your idiocy. And whilst disregarding my last statement.
>>
>>695798912
No, you're not.
>>
>>695807201
>learning
The purpose of your questions isn't to learn, you're just trying to tear it all down by trying to catch people in their explanations.
>>
>>695806938

Prove angels are real please. Joseph Smith conned a bunch of a really nice white people.
>>
I believe in Jesus. He is the only way to the living God.
>>
>>695807588
I have the same perspective.
>>
>>695798912
Intuition. I just have a hunch.
>>
File: 847169841228430465.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
847169841228430465.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>695807434

I can assure you GOD exists; I can sense Her chi
>>
>>695807712
I've spoken with them myself.
>>
>>695807650
Way to show your maturity.
>underageb&
See ya kiddo, leave the real debates to the grownups.
>>
>>695807588
There probably isn't free in the way we want to think about it. And there are some quite major gaps in that reasoning.
>>
>>695803812
you're right. This guy probably doesn't belong on a message board created for 16 year old social rejects.
>>
I'm the one that believes the clockmaker theory, diest or something? Either way religion is bullshit and the Vatican is created to brainwash the masses, I do believe in Jesus though and that Armageddon will come eventually just like in revelations
>>
>>695807144
B8
>>
>>695807742
>>
>>695806157
Speaking of nitpicking. Point is, countless people have been persecuted, tortured, and killed for things other than Christianity. Martyrdom proves devotion, not truth.
>>
>>695808098
I didn't want to get all prophetic in a fucking chan post. Read spooky action at a distance by george musser. And the bible.
>>
>>695808121

nigger spotted
>>
>>695807703
I have my understaanding of the world that contradicts theirs. If I throw mine down just to accept theirs I'm learning nothing new. I'm seeing how someone when confronted with my world view can reason a god. But you can see it for what you will.
>>
>>695808039
>lol ur immature

Not an argument. You're just running away with ad hominem because you can't refute.
>>
>>695807920
Yeah, me too pal. Had a great chat with the Flying Spaghetti Monster the other day. Personal testimony means nothing.
>>
>>695806580
You don't only have a hardened heart, you have a resentful one. Forget about everybody else, don't worry about churches or communities or anything at first. Just focus on the relationship between you and God. You've made mistakes before, but it's nothing that one request can't solve. All you have to do is ask.
>>
>>695806580
I know you can do it, I've got faith in God and faith in you.
>>
>>695799694
If you think that Science and God are contradictory you know nothing about any of them
>>
File: Angel1.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Angel1.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>695798912
Because believing in God makes me happy and I've never seen a compelling argument as to why I shouldn't believe in him.

I enjoy praying. I think the world experiences a lot of good in the form of generosity and charity from Christianity. The community you find in churches and youth groups is a bunch of genuinely good people if you find the right group.

And personally I am extremely fond of the saints. I think they are exceptional role models that show the kind of character and morality that I strive to attain.
>>
>>695808312
I've not read the former and thank you for the recommendation. I've read the latter multiple times. Not convincing really.
>>
>>695808127

Yes and the walls of Jew Jerusalem shall be 200 cubits high made if pure gold and the temple shall be located in the center of new Jerusalem and the streets and the this and the that
>>
File: robzombie.jpg (34 KB, 480x267) Image search: [Google]
robzombie.jpg
34 KB, 480x267
THERE AINT NO GOD HERE
>>
>>695808496
>>695808587
Just talking in circles so far up your own ass. I don't have a resentful heart, I just resent your God as you describe him. I'm a pretty nice guy actually.
>>
>>695808716
I didn't say look to the bible as proof, but more as a reference. A solid stake to grow faith on. Good taste in books though, anon : )
>>
>>695808698
Christianity and science are. But I'm not saying they are contradictory, I'm just saying there is no reason to believe in a god, because there is no proof.
>>
>>695808959
Well I've also read other things you might not like so much so don't pass judgement on my taste too quickly.
>>
File: 1465846264944.png (120 KB, 298x315) Image search: [Google]
1465846264944.png
120 KB, 298x315
I just like going to my church and believing in something. Thankfully I wasn't raised in some asshole religious southern conservative family who hates gays and anything not white. Aside from those rednecks, we aren't all bad.
>>
File: Coolprobe.png (120 KB, 303x320) Image search: [Google]
Coolprobe.png
120 KB, 303x320
Science itself proves that a divine or immortal creator is real and false at the time through Schrödinger's cat.

>We do not have proof if the cat is dead or alive until we open the box

>We do not have proof if the creator is real or not until we find solid proof.

It is personal gain and trust that puts man's heart and mind into a divine leader's hands. If it is stress relieving to know that 'things will play out, because my Creator wants it to', then that is alright. It is not alright to blindly accept zealotism.
I think it was Bruce lee that said 'Too extreme on the left is bad, too extreme on the right is bad, find balance.' in an interview, paraphrasing.

All in all, if you're chill about what you believe in, consider it right, yeah?
>>
>>695808923
No, this is not a statement, it's a suggestion. He doesn't have to be "my God as I describe Him". Find him for yourself, He's there waiting for you, He has been and always will be.
>>
>>695809038
Proof is something that can only be applied to objects and concepts that follow physical laws. God does not follow the rules of our physical universe, so expecting tangible proof of him is unscientific.
>>
>>695808705
>Because believing in God makes me happy and I've never seen a compelling argument as to why I shouldn't believe in him.

Well first of all you first need a good reason to believe, believing that there is no evil in the world at all would make me happy, but i cant just choose what i believe and i find it hard to believe that you can.
But dont get me wrong, you can believe whatever you want, just dont push your beliefs on others and its all good.

>I enjoy praying. I think the world experiences a lot of good in the form of generosity and charity from Christianity. The community you find in churches and youth groups is a bunch of genuinely good people if you find the right group.

All these goods things can be achieved without religion or churches without any of the bad things and i dont think i need to tell you what the bad things that come from religion are.

Also, the bible isnt that good of a role model, or do you endorse slavery and stonings?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-13-27.png (459 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-13-27.png
459 KB, 800x480
>>695808899

How dare you insult OKAMI!

Her face shines down upon us,

With a smile as warm as Her countenance,

Amaterasu,

Goddess of all that is good,

And mother to us all.

Let's go you fucking bitch I'll show you Kami exist
>>
Religion was a mistake. Enough said.
>>
>>695809038
ill pray for you bro
>>
>>695809637
>god makes our reasoning bad so we can't perceive him
>roasts us for eternity for not believing

He's an asshole
>>
>>695809637
believing in something that cant have any tangible proof is unscientific.
>>
>>695809757
>Don't push your beliefs on others and its all good
>You must endorse slavery and stonings if you're a Christian
>>
>>695809919
Listen man i'm glad you want me saved. I believe you're a good person. But I don't need to be saved. I'm fine. I'm gonna live life happy then cease to be. And I'm not scared of it at all. I really don't need god.
>>
>>695810122
>do you endorse slavery and stonings?
>You must endorse slavery and stonings if you're a Christian

are these the same thing? because i dont think they come even close and even if they were, they were answers to different things.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-13-35.png (441 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-13-35.png
441 KB, 800x480
>>695810220

The Will of the KAMI shall be satisfied
>>
>>695804861
There's no such thing as intelligent design.
>>
>>695805227
It's your problem if you don't understand the big bang.
>>
>>695798912
The inevitable consequence of relativism and utility, a form of self discipline.
>>
>>695810476
>>695804861
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Intelligent_design
>>
>>695810476

What about babies born without skin and birth defects like fish that can't swim.

Lol ur fuckin stupid
>>
Because before there was the universe there was nothing. Something put the universe into effect, I believe that's god. What happens after you die, I don't know. I can't lie and say I haven't seen a ghost. I believe I have so, I think we do something after we die.
>>
>>695810432
>The bible isnt that good of a role model, or do you endorse slavery and stonings?

Rhetorical Question
A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked to make a point rather than to elicit an answer.[1] Though classically stated as a proper question, such a rhetorical device by implying a question, and therefore may not always require a question mark when written. Though a rhetorical question does not require a direct answer, in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message.

A common example is the question "Can't you do anything right?" This question, when posed, is intended not to ask about the listener's abilities, but rather to insinuate a lack of the listener's abilities.

Wikipedia Copypasta
>>
>>695810711
>before there was the universe there was nothing
>I believe that's god.

So god is nothing, case dismissed.
>>
I'm on the fence for agnosticism specifically because I can't just go on blind faith and hope.

To believe something I need to actually know it's true, not just hope it might be. So I can't really wrap around theism where it appears you never know, only have "faith".
>>
File: Obvious.jpg (313 KB, 1200x838) Image search: [Google]
Obvious.jpg
313 KB, 1200x838
>>695810748
>>
>>695810675
What about them?
>>
File: 1469154492067.jpg (97 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1469154492067.jpg
97 KB, 600x1067
>>695809784
>>695807893
>>695806876

Hey this Shinto stuff sound more convincing than Jesus, I can fuck milf goddess all day better than 3men , if ur woman that's one for each hole but what am I supposed to do if I'm a man stroke the third?
>>
File: Angel2.jpg (180 KB, 658x917) Image search: [Google]
Angel2.jpg
180 KB, 658x917
>>695809757
>Well first of all you first need a good reason to believe

I do. Like I said my religion makes me happy and feeling close to God makes me happy. That's all the reason I need.

>believing that there is no evil in the world at all would make me happy

Yes but that would be delusional and isn't comparable. There is observable evidence of evil in the world and it would require a massive amount of cognitive dissonance to just ignore it. There is no evidence however that God cannot exist.

>All these goods things can be achieved without religion or churches

They can also be achieved with religion an churches. Just because you can get abs without doing sit ups doesn't mean there's no reason to do sit ups. Its one of many means to an end and its one that works for me.

>i dont think i need to tell you what the bad things that come from religion are

I think it takes a very unhappy person to focus on the negative when it is so clearly outweighed by the positive.

>the bible isnt that good of a role model, or do you endorse slavery and stonings

Lol. The bible is a fantastic source of guidance if taught in context. The old testament is a collection of cultural, historical, and philosophical ideas influenced by time and read through the lens of culture. The New Testament really doesn't have anything worth disagreeing about, and as a Christian I focus on the morals of the New Testament, one very important one with regards to your question is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." So actually as a Christian, my holy book directly tells me not to stone people.
>>
>>695811008
so you are an agnostic atheist then?
>>
>>695811256
No, I am open to theism. It would be nice if it were the case, but I can't just make myself believe in it blindly, I need to know it's true.
>>
File: 2rel4eo.jpg (21 KB, 310x386) Image search: [Google]
2rel4eo.jpg
21 KB, 310x386
>>
>>695811110

Those are proof of intelligent design you dweeb.

Plus that things like radon kill us we couldn't detect, radon and radiation was specifically revealed in Bible it was all demons therefore intelligent design
>>
>>695811239
so you're ok pretending to believe in something that has no evidence for it
>>
>>695811627
How are those possibly proof of intelligent design?

That second part is nothing but a massive logic leap.
>>
>>695811528

NO BUT IT WAS EVES GIVING INTO TEMPTATION WHILE they both didn't know right from wrong until after they ate from the tree so.... fuck you it was free will regardless
>>
File: Angel3.jpg (37 KB, 350x490) Image search: [Google]
Angel3.jpg
37 KB, 350x490
>>695809926
I don't believe that, most Christians don't. You can believe in Jesus as a person, but that isn't enough. What Jesus actually says is that you must open your heart to what he preaches.

Jesus essentially preaches kindness and love. If you believe in being a good person, then you believe in Jesus as a concept and are worthy of entering the kingdom of heaven.

I also believe in purgatory so even if you fuck it up here you get a second chance with better reasoning skills.

>>695809945
You are correct. That's the difference between science and philosophy. Religion is a discussion of philosophy and ethics. Proof isn't required and no single right answer needs to be found because you can only debate in value arguments.
>>
File: 1314763571180.jpg (44 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
1314763571180.jpg
44 KB, 604x483
>>
File: 1322374448442.jpg (78 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1322374448442.jpg
78 KB, 499x499
>>
>>695811627
You really are the epitome of stupid, aren't you? Either that or a troll.
>>
>>695811887
It still means every person after Adam and Eve are born with sin because of something they had no part of.
>>
File: Tree-of-Life-Shadow.jpg (195 KB, 1600x859) Image search: [Google]
Tree-of-Life-Shadow.jpg
195 KB, 1600x859
The problem with today's enlightened, materialist way of thinking is that it often caricatures religion in simplistic, snarky, anthropomorphic terms -- painting the religious as those who believe that God is just a dude in the clouds with human emotions and temperament, and that couldn't be further from what religion is.The fact of the matter is that the religion-science dichotomy is a by-product of most people being dumb and hubristic, living with the universal hope that their own ideology is the only key to a transcendent Truth, believing that somehow they are capable of surpassing the limits of their own world-view and reaching a level of understanding beyond ourselves. This discomfort with our own hardwired limitations, with our own curse of corporeality, beguiled by the indescribable nature of our consciousness, is that which fuels all thinking (including scientific and religious). And neither the scientific nor the religious, when you really get down the the matter, are all that much more powerful than the other, logically speaking. Much of the 20th century's best thinking was about identifying the questions that are utterly futile, our epistemological limits. Take Wittgenstein, Heidegger, and Godel -- they can all illuminate how flimsy the very bedrock of our logic and thinking, whether it be applied to the question of existence of God or our ability to schematize the "laws of physics" really are. At the end of the day, the mystery of being is inexhaustible, and the Catholic Church is quicker to recognize this than the anxious Dawkins or Hitchens are. Both sides however, have become gross, polemic caricatures to make the question seem like it has an easy answer. For every bit of knowledge we say we have, we must take another for granted, and from where I stand, existence is contingent on something higher than existence, and something higher than ourselves. It's name matters not, but by golly it's more beautiful than ugly.
>>
>>695798912
Cause it says so in the Bibel u fucking cuck
>>
File: Angel4.jpg (48 KB, 634x423) Image search: [Google]
Angel4.jpg
48 KB, 634x423
>>695811666
Yes. And I do believe in it. My evidence for it is the way I feel. There's no way to substantiate a feeling or a relationship. I feel a relationship with God and that relationship improves my quality of life and the lives of those around me.
>>
File: 1367418825844.jpg (96 KB, 333x737) Image search: [Google]
1367418825844.jpg
96 KB, 333x737
>>
b/c I can shove dicks up my ass and not be judged
>>
>>695811930
Okay, sure. But that's not what the bible says will get you into heaven at all. Without the bible what is Jesus other than a cult leader?
>>
the only reason anymore is because I have seen healings happen with my own eyes
>>
>>695812164

Bla la la la

GOD EXISTS

JESUS IS LORD

GOD

DEMONS COME OUT OF THIS MAN

REPENT!
>>
>>695798912
Lol
>>
>>695798912

Because evil exists.
>>
>>695811450
you are not an atheist? then you must be a theist.

A (without) + theism (belief in a god) = without belief in a god. An atheist is one who does not believe in the existence of a god(s). Atheism is not even a category. It is the exclusion of a single category, theism. Meaning that someone who is not a theist, is an atheist. The only way to exclude yourself from atheism, is to believe in a god.
Agnosticism is irrelevant.
>>
>>695812331

Just say sorry and mean it and you're good.

Sexuality is a choice because from a young age everyone has crushes on both boys and girls
>>
>>695812503
well I'm undecided, that was my point
>>
>>695800817
You should call them spirits
>>
>>695812164
>And neither the scientific nor the religious, when you really get down the the matter, are all that much more powerful than the other, logically speaking.

That just isn't true. It's provably untrue. Through science.

Beautifully written, though.
>>
My fear of death and because I was born in a christian family
>>
>>695812643
>projecting THIS HARD
>>
File: Angel5.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Angel5.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>>695812369
There is no verse in the Bible that cannot be interpreted as I have interpreted it. Jesus came to spread God's message. God's message is one of forgiveness, love, and humility. Through accepting that message, even if you accept it on your own without fully accepting Jesus as a historical figure, you are opening your heart to God.

Without the Bible he was still a pretty cool guy with some pretty cool ideas about loving one another and spreading goodwill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

This
>>
>>695805356
He just dont love the babies and kids dieing of cancer and such
>>
Christianity is cringy as fuck.
>>
>>695812686
then you are an atheist, because its not only the default position, but you would know if you believed in a god and since you dont...

Also be careful not to mix not believing in a god with believing there are no gods, those are 2 different things.
>>
>>695812933

Just stop being gay.

I did
>>
>>695813334
I laughed probably too hard at this.
>>
>>695813334

That's how I got over my heroin addiction,

I just stopped.

I see your point
>>
>>695798912
yes lets talk about this religious belief spread across the entire world, this belief that was created from an organization who slaughtered those who did not believe in it until noone was left to oppose them, who also somehow believe in an all powerful being who existed before and beyond everything who created everything that created us for the SOLE purpose of worshiping it and devoting our very soul which it gave to us to it for all eternity.. kinda sounds like the definition of a demon doesn't it? are you sure all christians aren't being duped into performing a rite to bind their soul to a demon when being "saved" ? because thats what it sounds like to me.. have fun having your soul consumed faggots.. and thinking you are doing so gud out there for the lawd by bitching at people and annoying everyone who doesnt go to your church, because you HAVE to go to your church, because its the best with the best preacher, because you cant READ A FUCKING BOOK THAT IS EVERYWHERE AT HOME.. NO YOU ARE ALL SO FUCKING RETARDED YOU NEED TO PAY A FAGGOT TO READ TO YOU OUT OF A BOOK THAT YOU ALREADY OWN.. FUCKING SHIT YOU ARE ALL RETARDED.
>>
>>695813666

Dude, pls.

Just stop being gay
>>
>>695798912

Because I have met Jesus Christ.

>ama
>>
>>695800677
The christfags are all the same. The religion isn't about whether or not there is a god, it's about believing there is a god. Christfags are far more likely to say that they believe there is a god rather than state that there is a god. This small distinction serves a major purpose. Essentially, by phrasing it this way, they can admit that they don't know for certain and that they don't care to prove that there is certainly a god, because they have chosen to believe that there is one regardless.

I believe their fucked up logic would be something along the lines of god already loves you and you accept his love by believing in him and his love.

Religion is about coherent sets of beliefs that have no foundation in reality but contain beliefs that allow them to ignore this. Circular logic is rampant as well. So is embracing emotion over reason to perpetuate and strengthen the coherent set of beliefs.

That's not to say that christfags are bad in some way. They're pretty nice generally and they often go about spreading their religion in an attempt to spread the happiness that they've found. They just often refuse to look at things from a rigorous logical framework. But this behavior is useful to them and society so both embrace it.
>>
>>695798912
The Athiests have not provided a cause for the big bang. They just say "We haven't figured that out yet"
If a christian said that, then we would get taken to the shit pit and dumped there.
>My god is an awesome god
>>
>>695813666
alright satan
>>
>>695814265
Well if people could stop being retarded or gay we would just live in magical happy fuck land wouldnt we?

but not gay.
srsly.
want to come over later and play some gamecube?
>>
I hate all of you who don't believe in God.
>>
>>695814374
Is he hot?
>>
>>695809926
Hahahaha 10/10
>>
because I have autism
>>
>>695814519
You morons try to turn complicated things into simple things. And simple things into complicated things. This is why there is a god xD
>>
>>695813666
Shut your fuckhole infadel autist, or ur mom will be dripping my hold spirit faggot
>>
File: Legend-Darkness-2.jpg (13 KB, 442x240) Image search: [Google]
Legend-Darkness-2.jpg
13 KB, 442x240
>>695814621
anytime retard.. spread the word to your neighbors.. just stop coming to my fucking door with your fucking 1000 different denominations and your goddamn booklets and shit.. so tired of the modern day missionary richfags running around in your escalades pushing jesus at everyone, we have all heard it, if we wanted to come watch a fat sweaty dipshit read out of a book we would come over to your house instead.
>>
>>695809926
A bit of a cunt huh? Christians ignore the old testament
>>
>>695812818
How is that provable through science? Science has predictive power, but is at the same time, even by it's own accounts (take quantum mechanics -- though I hestiate to just kind of throw a half understood theory out there like that as merit for any argument), ultimately limited in its abilities to reveal the universe's true nature to us, at least with regard to our current world view. There's a lot of interesting stuff re: the finely-tuned universe out there too that begs really daunting existential questions and tend to point, to me anyway, towards the existence of God. The big point here though is that the language of these God v Science debates is by and large completely and utterly useless in understanding the actual question at hand. Beyond the Big Bang, beyond child molesters in the clergy, is there a God? Does existence, as unlikely, and unnecessary as it is, require a source? I want to say yes, and I tend to think yes, but it's a question whose answer lies beyond the reach of current scientific testing and linguistic structures.
>>
>>695814986
Im an atheist, I just said that because of the 666 trips
>>
You people rip on Christians because we are easy targets. Go out to a Muslim neighborhood and start talking shit about MooHamad. See what Charlie Hebdo style shit goes down.
>We are the religion of peace
>>
Repent... Or recieve the shaft of god!! Str8 to the balls
>>
>>695814986
"Pushing it on people"
I have never even seen anyone other than the Jehovas witnesses do that and we hate them too.
>You're just sensitive to Jesus because he loves you and you're an evil whinefag
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (116 KB, 800x729) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
116 KB, 800x729
I survived a bipolar schizoid maniac of a mother with psychopathic tendancies for 12 years alone.

I survived heart surgery at the age of 21 this year.

My first born son is growing, intelligent, and has none of my defects.

I'm able to provide for my wife and child, take vacations, and still save for a future.

Were it not for God, I would be dead already. Instead I am forever attempting to improve and be a beacon of hope to the helpless
>>
>>695815189

I have and nothing, they just walk away.

Go to Ghana and talk shit about Christianity they the same as in Iran.

Your just jealous cause we're bad asses
>>
>>695799634
Why do earthquakes happen ?
Why do trees come from small seeds?
Well they have to start somewhere
>>
If anyone who exists on this planet is actually stupid enough to think that they just exist because of some "Big Bang" Then that's enough for me to believe in god right there.
>>
>>695815004
That's not true, wtf? They don't follow the ten commandments?
>>
I enjoy eating popcorn in hell while watching your mom get raped by Jesus
>>
>>695799359
That's trippy because that's the reason I don't think there's a god.
>>
>>695815474
you obviously dont live in a heavily populated area known as the bible belt where everyone is a dickhole who needs you to come to their church and pesters the shit out of you if they see you anywhere.
>>
>>695798912
I didnt think there would be any christians on /b/ I thought we where already going to hell, so might as well join the bandwagon.
>>
>>695815526
Make stuff up all you want.
Draw muhhamed see what happens.
People shit on Christ all the time and he died for them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-56-44.png (441 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-56-44.png
441 KB, 480x800
>>695815510
>>
I dont believe but thinking that a religion can help you be a better person and help you make friends is a good thing, but i hate it that some people Obsess about it and brag to people who don't want to hear and i dont like being with those people
>>
>>695815474
Parents push it into their children. When I said that I didn't believe in ''God'' she made me kneel on sea salt and told me that satan will burn me in hell
>>
>>695815807

>info frum ur pastor and not from u trying

You obviously haven't been on this site much
>>
>>695815731
Then move. Or you could kill yourself. Maybe then you'll have the answers of life. Or you'll be in hell where you godless monsters belong. Fucking animals like you have given rise to the niggers
>>
>>695799359
You are saying this quite comfortably behind your computer screen aren't you? Sitting in your 300$ gaming chair that mom bought for you, whilst sipping on hot cocoa and having tabs on the "latest anime episodes", weaaboo music playing in the backround on full blast and mlp tabbed. Ah, quite comfy, ain't it. Anonymity sure is great. You can say whatever you want because no one will know who you truly are.

You believe you are hardened. An edgy hero. But in reality, you are really just scum. A useless shit stain. A waste of space. No purpose in life other than to leech off of the hard work of others. People like you need to be eradicated. The world doesn't need your shit. You are better off dead, faggot.
>>
>>695815987
I practically live here. Anyways I bet you're not even human. Probably some gross third world monkey on a stolen computer
>>
>>695816024
I am sure that answers in life is what the bible promises, oh wait.. its not.
>>
File: 1465572860252.jpg (72 KB, 576x672) Image search: [Google]
1465572860252.jpg
72 KB, 576x672
>>695803771
Because retards who DO believe kill thousands if not millions of other people yearly because of their belief. The point of arguing is to get the retards to realize how retarded they are, so future generations have less retards who believe some "God" (not to be confused with one of the dozens of fake "gods" other religions believe in for no reason) exists and wants them to kill other people over him.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-13-54.png (294 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-21-22-13-54.png
294 KB, 800x480
>>695816103

Yes and one day you will follow Amaterasu as well
>>
>>695815624
Yeah but when you talk to them about all the bad things of the old testament like God's obsession of turning things to blood, killing millions of people just because they don't believe he exists, etc. They just say: Well Jesus was good wasn't he?
>>
>>695816103
Anyone cares enough to type this also belongs in a FEMA camp I might add...
>>
>>695816024
Even niggers are christian.
>>
>>695804414
There are people who die for EVERY religion. Do you think the people who flew planes into buildings for Allah must be right since they "sealed the testimony that Muhammad lives with their blood"?
>>
>>695816205

Lol whit boi mad
>>
>>695816214
Try to do what the bible says not to do. Good luck with that. You faggots should fear something. A bunch of wild animals on the loose is shit
>>
>>695816400
>not noticing it's pasta
newhomosexual
>>
>>695798912
It just seems crazy that nothing became everything
I believe in evolution
I believe the Earth is way older than ~2000 years old
But you can't tell me nothing just exploded into everything
>>
File: 1469164888396.jpg (78 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1469164888396.jpg
78 KB, 750x750
>>695816400
You are saying this quite comfortably behind your computer screen aren't you? Sitting in your 300$ gaming chair that mom bought for you, whilst sipping on hot cocoa and having tabs on the "latest anime episodes", weaaboo music playing in the backround on full blast and mlp tabbed. Ah, quite comfy, ain't it. Anonymity sure is great. You can say whatever you want because no one will know who you truly are.

You believe you are hardened. An edgy hero. But in reality, you are really just scum. A useless shit stain. A waste of space. No purpose in life other than to leech off of the hard work of others. People like you need to be eradicated. The world doesn't need your shit. You are better off dead, faggot.
>>
>>695815129
Your two posts were essentially the longest explanation of why we basically just agree to disagree. Nicely written though.
>>
>>695798912
cause dude's helped me a bunch of times (granted it coulda just as easily been lucifer but well if he's the one that's got muh back well he's god to me)
>>
>>695815510
>I survived a bipolar schizoid maniac of a mother with psychopathic tendancies for 12 years alone.
I've also played Binding of Isaac, good game to be honest.
>>
File: legend Darkness blue.jpg (8 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
legend Darkness blue.jpg
8 KB, 240x200
>>695816711
and so my lies have finally reached you, come, feel my embrace sinner.. feel the touch of darkness and know you are finally home.
>>
>>695816103
Tasty pasta
>>
>>695816894
Nigger what
>>
>Being religious in 2016
kek
>>
>>695817036
How was the Bernie rally faggot?
>>
File: IMG_20160720_001335.jpg (16 KB, 322x237) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160720_001335.jpg
16 KB, 322x237
>>695816562

I've never seen one criminal that didn't have a cross around their neck.

On the contrary, all I see are 50cents freeloading on the unlimited psychological amnesty and blaming original sin for their misbehavior.

Crime rate among atheist weebs is 1/40th as much as religious and we're 40 percent less likely to divorce.

Says something about who the real chimps are you fucking mongrel
>>
File: 1469163825748.jpg (79 KB, 937x1171) Image search: [Google]
1469163825748.jpg
79 KB, 937x1171
>>695816945
Just made by some fagnon about an hour ago. Feel free to dig in.
>>
I don't know. I can't explain it. I just do. Always have and always will.

There is no reasoning to the initial belief. I just feel something that is greater.

It is senseless to debate this. For the record, I subscribe to science and have studied formal logic in the past. I completely subscribe to the methods of both fields and believe they are the most relevant and important spheres of academia. And yet I still believe in God. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise. I won't and can't shake it...Amen.
>>
>>695816711
Hey I believe in ''God'' because science just says that nothing became everything. Science is being developed all the time by new theories and ideas trying to explain how everything was created. Not just because ''God'' is the simpler explenation means that you should believe in that
>>
File: Legend-Darkness-1.jpg (7 KB, 400x201) Image search: [Google]
Legend-Darkness-1.jpg
7 KB, 400x201
>>695816562
yes, because the fear of eternal pain makes total sense and it has TOTALLY stopped every christian from doing some really fucked up shit to their fellow human beings and animals and planet.. you sir, are at fault here.. realization might hit you one day, and then you will think back that time you could have snorted crack off that hookers ass but you didn't and you will weep.
>>
>>695817231
what?
>>
>>695817231

Very good you went too?
>>
Because it brings me comfort in knowing ill die someday...
>>
>>695817387
It's fine if you believe that something's out there, just don't worship it, it's a waste of your time.
>>
>>695798912
They believe due to the information and knowledge and experience they have combined with their own individual brain and the way it functions.

That is the reason for every single thing that every single person believes.
>>
>>695807588
> and i've had some personal experiences with God that I can't just disregard

What do you say about the people who say the exact same thing for a different religion? Every religion has thousands of people who say they have personal experiences with God. There are muslims who literally turn themselves into bombs and kill themselves along with nonbelievers because they're 100% sure they're going to heaven, and the people who died because of Heaven's Gate were also 100% sure that planet Earth was about to be recycled, and the only way out was with them. Guess what, the Earth still exists, and hundreds of religions exist too. The main factor determining the religion someone believes in is what their parents or people they grew up around believe, which is a shitty way to determine this sort of them since we know 99% of religions have to be wrong since they contradict each other.

If you believe the same religion your parents did, there's a really good chance you had no valid reason to believe in your religion, you only believe it because your parents told you so, and unlike Santa and the Tooth Fairy your parents never said "Just kidding!", because their parents never told them that, and this goes back forever. L. Ron. Hubbard died before he could say "Scientology was just a way to sell more of my sci fi books!", which means there WILL be thousands if not millions or even billions of people who die believing in Scientology, just because 1 man told a lie. Why are you sure your religion isn't the same thing?
>>
File: IMG_20160721_195116437.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160721_195116437.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
>>695798912
Because accepting that there is a real possibility that there is nothing after or before life scares them. Also that their decisions don't matter, and neither do they. That's not to say God doesn't exist, because it's certainly possible. Fact is no one knows, but if God was proven real tomorrow I'm not sucking creator dick any more than I do today. Fuck God either way. As always I have no problem with religious people until they start blowing shit up, or try to force me to join the cult club.
>>
>>695816562
The bible says that I can not mastubate, it says that women should be silenced, and it also says that if your child disrespects you you should beat them to death with rocks. Nice, I'm gonna do all of those things.
>>
Logic:
Knowing implies proof
Doubting implies probable cause to doubt
Ignorance implies lack of proof and probable cause

There is no proof for god, so you can't know.
There is probable cause to believe in god, so you may doubt.
There is probable cause to believe in god, so you can't really plead ignorance.

The only logical stance regarding religion is doubt.

If you disregard logic then you can believe w/e the fuck you want.
>>
>>695817718
/thread
>>
>>695817815
If christians truly did what the bible said then everywhere on the news there will be people running around saying: ''Jesus is great!'' and then they explode killing fags and niggers just like muslim terrorists
>>
>>695799694
>>695800200
What most atheists don't get is that theology literally doesn't have to make any sense. Logic is foreign to it. Whether or not you should believe in God isn't even theology's job to explain. It isn't there to bring you back from the edge of faithlessness.

Personally, as an atheist who once struggled with an impulse to convert, I stopped caring about God when I realized that if I didn't already believe in him on a profound, deep, practically preverbal level I never, ever would. Reason is a worthless tool to argue for the value of religion.
>>
>>695807626
If the creator did that than every religion is wrong anyway. Most atheists aren't saying literally "it's impossible for a god to exist", it's closer to "I don't think there's a god, if there IS one it likely isn't one humans can ever interact with or read books about". Yeah you can probably call that "Agnostic", but it's silly because really there are two types of people: "Those who believe in a specific diety and/or afterlife" and "those who don't believe in a specific diety and/or afterlife".

Philosophically (as far as an afterlife goes), an absentee God is basically the same as no God, the end result is that we die and then are nothing.
>>
File: hot churches.gif (1 MB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
hot churches.gif
1 MB, 400x218
>>
>>695818054
>Knowing implies proof
>Doubting implies probable cause to doubt
>Ignorance implies lack of proof and probable cause

For trying to sound super logical, you sure don't understand logic.
>Knowing implies proof
>Doubting implies probable cause to doubt
>Ignorance implies lack of proof and probably cause

Are you saying ignorance implies a lack of probable cause to doubt? Or probable cause to believe?
>>
>>695818215
If I die and I wake up to god, I will ask him which god he is and why he is a cunt.
>>
>>695817387
>There is no reasoning to the initial belief.

Of course there is. Your parents or someone filling the "current believer" role told you to believe something, and your malleable young mind just did so. Kids will believe an obvious lie if someone they trust tells it, just look at Santa Claus, which EVERY kid believes if they're told young enough. God is the same thing, except people forgot the whole "it was just made up to make people feel better and behave" thing that came with Santa.

>It is senseless to debate this. For the record, I subscribe to science and have studied formal logic in the past. I completely subscribe to the methods of both fields and believe they are the most relevant and important spheres of academia.

Then what do you say to the parts of whatever religion you believe in that directly contradict science? The Earth isn't 6000 years old, that's just horseshit.
>>
File: mass-suicide-list.jpg (170 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
mass-suicide-list.jpg
170 KB, 1200x630
>>695804414
>I am inclined to believe that these people would not die for a lie.
brb comet
>>
>>695804944
>It might be for somebody else reading this, but I am praying for you right now.
Why do Christians think shit like this sounds personal?
>>
>>695817683
I get your point but I'm going to continue. I know it seems frivolous, and I totally understand from the outside that it looks insane.

The most beautiful experiences of my life have involved my faith in some way. Because of this, I know that God is real, and that paradise is just beyond the veil of this reality, waiting for me.
>>
>>695818695
When you're ignorant about something, you do not have knowledge of something, nor do you have any cause to pique the curiosity within you to seek that knowledge.

Once you have either of those, you're no longer completely ignorant about something.
>>
>>695807893
>nothing personnel...jesus...
>>
>>695818833
That may be the reason, but there are no logical underpinnings that support the leap to faith.

I sparingly take the Bible literally.
>>
>>695800388
A religion based on a Fantasy writer's works, wow.
>>
>>695819269
>The most beautiful experiences of my life have involved my faith in some way. Because of this, I know that God is real, and that paradise is just beyond the veil of this reality, waiting for me.
What do you say to the people who say the exact same thing about *insert any god that isn't yours*? There are hundreds of active religions, which all contradict each other, and you only believe in yours because it's convenient for someone in your area to do so, likely your parents or someone you trusted taught it to you young or maybe it's just popular in your neighborhood or city. In fact, there are hundreds of religions that you don't even know about, because they don't have active followings in your native language. Why do you assume someone who acts exactly as you do but with a different god is wrong, while you are right?
>>
>>695818695
I didn't want to write a long post because people probably won't read it.

There are three levels of knowledge. Ignorance, doubt and knowing. God resides in the realm of doubt because certain aspects of our world gives us cause to suspect his existence but there is no concrete proof of his existence as of yet so he can't ascend to the third tier of knowledge, knowing.
>>
Simple, hope. I might be judged for being Christian, but at least I have something to give me hope in tough times.
>>
>>695812100
Atheist here.

I can always tell when an atheist is doing poorly arguing against a Christian. It's when they start calling the other guy stupid for explaining what he believes.
>>
>>695820054
But I know that god exists. My parents told me so, and their parents told them so, and it goes on like that forever. Are you calling my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great- great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great- great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandpappy a liar? Just because he never knew how to read and only went to church because it was the one time he didn't have to work in the fields doesn't mean he wasn't trustworthy with this kind of stuff.
>>
>>695819327
The definition of ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge. Curiosity and "probable cause" have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>695819990
I don't believe that other religions are "wrong". Someone like you is probably going to laugh me out of the room when I say this, but I believe that Christianity is closer to the truth than others without discounting them as being an affront or something. Christ is my savior and the Holy Trinity is essential purity. I would even go as far to say that others can still be saved even if they don't believe in Christ if they are of good character.

You aren't going to win with me dude. You're just not. And I get how this is frustrating for you. I'm not changing my mind and this is why it's a dumb conversation to be having. I'd say God Bless but I won't insult you.
>>
>>695812164
>he fact of the matter is that the religion-science dichotomy is a by-product of most people being dumb and hubristic, living with the universal hope that their own ideology is the only key to a transcendent Truth, believing that somehow they are capable of surpassing the limits of their own world-view and reaching a level of understanding beyond ourselves.
Marxist here. Can confirm that no materialists in my school of thought believe that transcendent "Truth" exists and that we can "step outside ourselves." I dare you to find a quote by a single Marxist that says anything like that.

Do you even Hegel bro?
>>
>>695820373
I doubt you're serious and I suspect you're trolling, which is incidentally the same view I have of god.
>>
>>695798912
I had an epiphany at one of the lowest points in my life. Since then I've had this vague sense that God is out there. I am not sure of this and I have no proof he exists, so I don't typically evangelise or anything like that. My beliefs stray far from traditional christian beliefs, but I stay in the church because they have done a lot for my family.
>>
>>695798912
Why? Because I've met Him. Because I prayed for drought in California and was compelled to leave and they got it. because whenever a cory/townspeople/countrypeople does wrong, things against me, and I leave, they get killed by tornadoes and hurricaines and earthquakes cause destructive damage shortly thereafter. How could i not?
>>
>>695812643
>Sexuality is a choice because from a young age everyone has crushes on both boys and girls

Speak for your fucking self, no they don't.
>>
>>695813334
Did you stop on Gash Friday?
>>
>>695798912
I believe in God because God believes in me. Why I believe in God is because I was in a terrible place in my life and then Jesus came into my life and gave me a new one. I know most people in this thread are gonna mock me and call me a "religious idiot" and "total faggot" but really once you allow him into your life you can really see the difference. It's impossible to explain in words over the internet but it's just amazing. God can bring a light into your life that no one else can, he can show you a better path in life that makes you into a better person. Every time I fail into my sins God is there for me to pick me back up and push me on again. He doesn't care that I sin, he wants my love and in return there's love back. He believes I can do things when I doubt myself, he presses me to fulfill my dreams. God is the best for me. God is what I need in my life, God is the one who never stops loving. God is the one who believes in me.
>>
>>695820684
Can you truly claim to have a lack of knowledge on a subject when you've just experienced a peculiarity that piqued your curiosity to further explore that subject? Keep in mind that experiences are a form of knowledge. A baby is not ignorant of gravity because he can feel it, though he might not know what it's called, but I'll wager he will soon enough. Why do you think he'll know soon enough? Because of his curiosity to understand the phenomenon he is experiencing.

Once an experience has been had, ignorance is gone.
>>
>>695820054
>I didn't want to write a long post because people probably won't read it.

Come at me bro.
Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 38

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.