Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Sup /b/, what were you doing when you realized God doesn't

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 38
File: IMG_4456.jpg (83 KB, 602x842) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4456.jpg
83 KB, 602x842
Sup /b/, what were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist?

>inb4 OP is edgy
>inb4 OP is a neckbeard
>inb4 OP is just as bad as Christians
>inb4 OP tips fedora
>inb4 OP is a fag
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
>>695636770
Couldn't say. Happened too gradually to pinpoint an obvious first time.
>>
>>695636770
Watching "Cult Of Dusty"
>>
i was in church, realised the precher was saying how this year was gonna be "the year of change in god's kingdom" for the 5th year in a row
>>
You don't believe in God op then how are you here? Your a fucking idiot
>>
>>695636873

Weird... I'm gradually getting the feeling God exists.
>>
>>695637097

>have underwhelming preacher
>decide God doesn't exist

what the fuck anon?
>>
>>695637402
>underwhelming preacher

heard this from several preachers, some of which were supposed to be quite well know, like, doing shit in the US
>>
God exists but your small little peanut brain can't comprehend this. God exists within you and that's the only place you'll ever find God. So instead of wasting your time on earth seek the truth within yourself.
>>
>>695637198
probably because science is a thing.
>>
I was browsing reddit a lot and I became a atheist liberal feminist.
>>
>>695637633
god doesn't exist and there is no evidence saying otherwise

>inb4 hurr durr there's no evidence saying he doesn't exist

you can't prove a negative, it's only logical to assume something doesn't exist if there's no evidence that it exists. sorry bud.
>>
File: 1468367188666.gif (337 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468367188666.gif
337 KB, 500x375
>>695636770
I still believe that there is something that ties the universe together. Some kind of intelligence that drives everything forward. Not the bible god, something more. Not a bearded man like the bible tries to make you think.
>>
>>695637645
How do you know that God isn't just a really good scientist.
>>
>>695637967
he must not be, considering the immense amount of flaws in things such as the human body
>>
>>695637947
Lol faggot
>>
>>695638124
My body is perfect I don't know about your maybe you should exercise bro
>>
>>695638195
thank (You)
>>
My situation was actually the complete opposite.

When i was an atheist i felt like life was fucking me. Shit always happened to me. I was fat, everyone in my school screwed me over every damn time and i was too shy and too much of a pussy to fight back. Also i had depression and i was addicted to cigarettes and alcohol.

When i realized that there must be a god who created this universe i started praying, i quite smoking, one of by bullies actually died ( his father shot him) and a other bully found a girlfriend and left me alone forever. Also i suddenly found the motivation to lose weight, i started to enjoy life more and i cured my depression.

Too much good things happened at once, so it can't be just a coincidence. So i think god exists and he rewards you if you believe in him.
>>
>>695637947

"The Prophets Isaiah and Ezekiel dined with me, and I asked them how they dared so roundly to assert, that God spoke to them; and whether they did not think at the time, that they would be misunderstood, & so be the cause of imposition.

Isaiah answer'd, I saw no God, nor heard any, in a finite organical perception; but my senses discover'd the infinite in every thing, and as I was then perswaded, & remain confirm'd; that the voice of honest indignation is the voice of God, I cared not for consequences but wrote."

from "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" by William Blake. It's short and available on the internet. It will blow your mind with its weirdness, wisdom and wow.
>>
>>695636770
i was listening to my dad and mom argue. i was 5
>>
>>695636770
God does exist you edgy neckbeard. You're just as bad as the Christians, tipping your fedora like a fag. Btw you can't "inb4" your own thread.
>>
>>695636770
Not sure I realized op
Not sure I can assert a claim against a negative either.
>>
File: 1469070373628.jpg (192 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1469070373628.jpg
192 KB, 640x1136
>>695636770
God does exist, faggot, just not in any form you could possibly comprehend.

INB4 God = Afterlife
>>
File: cff.png (65 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65 KB, 625x626
>>
>>695638682
It's funny people who have God are happier and have girlfriends and nice stuff and atheist are sad emos who have nothing lol
>>
>>695636770
catholic school, when they didn't have answers.
>>
>>695638708
I will take a look at it. Thank (You)
>>
>>695637198
You're........be sure to check your grammar before you start talking about the intelligence level of other people.
>>
I was being told I'd go to Hell for asking a priest why they threw a homeless man out of the church instead of helping him.

Pretty sure that was the moment.

Or it could have been just after the Ria Ramkisoon story. That one still pisses me off. She starved her child to death because she believed God would resurrect him. Seriously, look it up.
>>
>Become God
>Find the opposite of "God"
>Become a Zen Master

And now I want people to shit in the desert, or at least agree that moving cattle to imitate herds is the way to go.
>>
>2016
>still believing in god

wtf
>>
Hey OP,
I guess I am slowly getting to that point.
Been raised as a Christian, was taught to love everyone as myself (hard to do with the planet filled with assholes) never really discriminated against anyone save for the occasional joke for the sake of keks
Found out Christians are typically some of the biggest jerks, to everyone. It's like we have a literal God-Complex and a "Holier than thou" view over everyone.
I guess you call my situation a period of religious questioning and existential crisis.

TL:DR agnostic at the moment, not sure what to believe anymore.
>>
>>695639089
Not one human being has ever lied.
>>
>>695636770
>be me
>13
>Both parents are really religious Mormons
>My Dad more than my mom
>Dad moves to china for business
>Mom leaves him for some coworker she just met
>Dad comes back after China fired him to a broken home
>Mom leaves the church and becomes very successful
>Dad only becomes more religious and is now barley scraping by
>>
>>695639645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwFNWyqHHyY
>>
>>695639784
Believe that humans would be long dead because we have nuclear weapons and we are too stupid to fire them? No bro, ghost, fear, unresolved paranoia and whatnot is real.
>>
i was at home drinking brain fluid when nechi ring

'god is die'

'oh ok'
>>
>>695639883
And any nation does not mean shit. You are welcome.
>>
>be 5 or 6 years old
>recognize grandmother's handwriting on package from 'santa'
>santa is just made up
>god is santa for adults
>>
File: image.gif (1002 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1002 KB, 500x250
Meet a nigger and realized we are not that far off from monkeys. So evolution must be true.
>>
I'm personally agnostic however I still do my everyday prayers, and head to church when my family goes. Whether God exists or not does not change the fact that Jesus was indeed real. People often times say he was not but he is cited in history.
>>
>>695636770
>when you realized God doesn't exist?

God doesn't exist as described in organized religion.

I was in a "confirmation" class in the church my family went to, and I had read the entire bible the summer before.

I was told, then ordered, not to ask any more questions, and then trown out of the classes.

My family quit that church, my mom and sis going to a different one, and my dad, bro, and me never going back to any organized religion thing even again.
>>
>>695638845
Weak people who can't get through their day otherwise, need to believe in God.

People who feel the laws of society aren't enough to keep them civil need laws of God, because to them, God is watching, even when cameras and other people aren't.

I don't tell these people there is no god. Quite frankly, they need God. I however, do not.

I follow the laws agreed upon in our society. I make myself push though the bad things, till I reach the good, and I'm stronger for it.

Feel free to believe in god(s) if that makes you feel better, but don't start shit with nonbelievers when they're trying to have a discussion that doesn't include you.

Really. All that shit-slinging. How Christian of you.
>>
>>695636770
Stop worshipping science edgelord. I'll be praying for your soul.
>>
When I started to study sub-atomic particle physics my belief in god started to diminish especially with the discovery of the Higgs Boson.

Although I'm not a full theist I do believe that there's a possibility that some omnipotent being in a higher state of matter or possibly another dimension provided the initial materials for the big bang to occur.

Anything outside of this theory is preposterous.
>>
How does any one really know there is no God and how does any on really no there is a god. I think it's impossible to know for sure. Why does every one act like they know?
>>
>>695640669
Where was he cited in history? Last I heard, the first mention of him in history books was by a man named Josephus, 300 or so years after Jesus was to have lived.

Not trying to be a dick. Actually curious where you read this.
>>
>>695640958
>I'll be praying for your soul
This is why I dislike Christians. Usually they're just regular schmoes, but every once in a while you get one who "prays" for you. Their religion has the disease and the cure.

How convenient.
>>
>>695636770
My brother, son, and wife died and totally shattered my understanding of the universe. There is no 'fate' 'destiny' or anything supernatural for that matter. Multiverse's are a real thing so I'm comforted in the fact that my family lives on in another dimension. There is not god in any way shape or form, but I think it's cooler science is showing things are more amazing than anything in the bible.
>>
>>695640958
Don't. It's insulting. Plus, if prayers worked, wouldn't it be better to use it on someone who actually needs it? Like some starving orphan somewhere?
>>
>>695641220
The short answer is you can't prove a negative, so nobody actually knows for certain that there are no gods.

I personally do not believe in gods because there's no evidence for their existence. I also believe they don't exist because all references to gods seem to be man-made. It's a safe assumption to believe that like Mickey Mouse God is a fictional character.
>>
>>695641220
>>695641133
Sane people in a 4chan thread about religion? I've truly seen everything.
>>
>>695636770
saying god doesn't exist is like saying you have no parents and just suddenly appeared on earth.

lots of people misinterpret god or tell lies about god, this is true, but that doesn't mean god doesn't exist.

hypsistos and transhumanism, god = simply the creator of the universe and the intelligence contained within. god created the universe and humanity, we will recreate this act through the birth of fully developed artificial intelligence which will result in the resurrection of the dead and immortality. the universe will become heaven.

separate god from the myths and lies, you probably know deep down you have a yearning to understand more and don't feel happy just turning your back on it all.
>>
File: 3uvliv.jpg (32 KB, 334x302) Image search: [Google]
3uvliv.jpg
32 KB, 334x302
Dabble in Witchcraft, and you'll see real quick, that intelligent beings are influencing our dimension from their dimension..
>>
>>695641631
>if prayers worked
If prayers worked, we could subvert the supposedly divine plans of gods. Not very impressive gods.
>>
>>695641816
>is like saying you have no parents
It's not like this in any way. You have evidence that your parents existed.
>>
I was in class, 5th grade, and people were talking about Jesus and they believed all that stuff. I was genuinely surprised when I learned adults had a Santa too.
>>
>>695641821
It's the multiverse. Somehow they influence our realm and somehow our consciousness plays a role in it.
>>
>>695640846
all I did was literally contradict each "inb4" OP did. guess I was too subtle.
>>
>>695641866
Right? Fairly certain the Omnipotence Paradox raises enough questions.
>>
>>695637645
>god didn't create the universe
>science did!
you're just deifying science

>>695641612
>so I'm comforted in the fact that my family lives on in another dimension
you're kind of right, it's like they went somewhere to sleep but without dreams.

i fully believe creating artifical intelligence is repeating the act of god creating the universe, and that humanity will be resurrected, become immortal, and live in the universe turned to heaven through science and technology.

most people will say this isn't true and it's impossible because of science fiction and a fear of artificial intelligence, and that's okay. but maybe just keep that thought in mind.
>>
>>695642102
Hang on. Need to go back and re-read what you posted. Brb
>>
i got forced to go to church on EASTER sunday, which was the only time i was ever going to a church.. and the preacher did a sermon on how much he loves fried okra..

so then i watched zeitgeist, and a few years later watched the documentary religulous with bill maher, and it only helped me with my disbelief of any religion, especially that of Christianity and fuck you OP
>>
>>695641816
It's easy to make a definition of god that causes god to exist, but God as most religious people mean it does not exist.

"Everything is God!" Great. Well, everything that exists, exists, so I guess God is real.
>>
>>695642338
Ok. I'm back. Yeah, if you >>695642102 were just joking, it didn't sound like it. It was actually very insulting. So yeah, this>>695640846 is still my response.
>>
>>695641631
>Won't it be better to use it on a starving orphan somewhere?
Prayer isn't a currency. It's a conversation with your maker, in which, like a conversation with a parent, you can request things of Him, but just like your parent, He can refuse.
Prayer is for the lost, those whose souls are in danger of eternal hellfire. The starving orphan in Africa will be fine, because they will be rewarded eternally in heaven.
>But anon, don't you have to believe in Christ to go to heaven?
Yes, yes you do, if you are above the age of 13 (the age you become a man or woman), below that age you are a child, and Christ would never turn away the little ones. Just like we should never turn them away.
>>
>>695642062
but you don't have evidence they created you, you didn't witness your own conception and birth. just like god won't personally be revealed to you in a human form.

but there are clues everywhere you look, especially with the big bang theory. for the big bang to have taken place, there must've been something that started it, a creator. it can't come from literally nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 639x605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 639x605
>>
File: 1405883298694.jpg (137 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
1405883298694.jpg
137 KB, 1280x722
No one can prove weather God exists or not. Why do you faggots argue over this?
>>
life is just past advanced technology and we are slowly going wake up and realized we where God all along we created this world. We are just trying to fool our selves in to beliving this is real.
>>
>>695642920
whether* (^:
>>
>>695636770
Stopped believing in god when i was twelve and was thinking about santa clause. Started believing again after studying m-theory, psychology, sociology (muh memes), religious text, and history.

Dogmatic religion is shit, spirituality has validity. Have fun oppie b8.
>>
>>695642176
>it's like they went somewhere to sleep but without dreams
No. Scientist are pretty sure spacetime is infinite and they've found plenty of proof of other universes ( http://www.space.com/18811-multiple-universes-5-theories.html ). Mathematically if there is more universes then probability stats there are many more versions of us all. In fact most likely infinite versions of us all. If you die it's just in this realm not the rest. We've all died uncountable times in other universes already, but other versions of us always live on somewhere. Maybe there is a link between us all but that's improbable.
>>
>>695636770
Ya know these threads and the YLYL threads are the only ones that have seemed to endure the ages
>>
>>695639978
UNDERRATED POST
>>
Standing in church during worship service (where they sing and shit) and I thought God was talking to me. Then I realized I was just talking to myself in my head, and wanting to think it was God talking to me. Then I looked slowly around the room and said to myself: "How do I know everyone here isn't doing the same thing?"

Instantly Athiest.
>>
IM REALLY DRUNK SO DISREGARD TYPOS

Arguments on whether God is real or not never end. Theres no debating it, every side will have a rebuttal. It all comes down to;

Do you think everything has always been, or do you think GOD created it.

Regardless, to believe in GOD you have to believe in angles and demons (which i do not), you also have to believe the world is 5,000 years old, which is ridiculous.

There are only 2 sides to religion. Theres the side that makes people positive. yes the bible sends positive moral messages, i agree with that. If people can make it through this shitty life in a positive attitude through GOD so be it. more power to them.

On the second note, it cause nothing but problems. it causes riots, war, segregation.

theres no proof on either side. but i believe science more than i do religion, especially multiple religions that have the "virgin" birth, 12 prophets, crusifiction, rose 3 days later. etc..
>>
When Santa told me.
>>
File: 1465846742311.gif (171 KB, 534x534) Image search: [Google]
1465846742311.gif
171 KB, 534x534
>>695642474
>>>695639089
I found JESUS.

I've been fine ever since I found JESUS.
>>
Life. Got screwed over one too many times.
>>
>>695642747
christ dude get over yourself it was a joke. you're seriously offended by being called a couple of names? what are you, 10?
>>
idk i just always thought the idea was stupid and illogical
>>
File: 1465276750815.jpg (88 KB, 564x480) Image search: [Google]
1465276750815.jpg
88 KB, 564x480
>>695643241
>>
>>695642773
I have no desire to grovel to an imaginary father figure, especially if he's ok with a child suffering. Fuck heaven, feed that child. That's where I'm standing on this.

Ben Franklin once said: "The hands that help are far better than the lips that pray." I whole heartedly agree with him.
>>
Being born
>>
>>695636770
OP called so many inb4's that I have no choice but to believe he's a fedora wearing neckbeard faggotron 5000
>>
File: 50.png (10 KB, 1376x904) Image search: [Google]
50.png
10 KB, 1376x904
>>
>>695642441
>>695643216

Samefag here, and to sum it up, it always came across as bullshit to me. just like santa and the easter bunny as a kid. I knew they werent real. and i thought raised in a christian household, that jesus and mary and God were just the same.
>>
File: 1468990439534.png (233 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
1468990439534.png
233 KB, 373x327
>>695636770
>>
>>695643552
shhh, that's offensive to

>>695642747
>>
>>695636770
Tbh, idk. I think i stopped believing without realizing.
And one day i was asked or something and realized that religion is bullshit and im not actually religious
>>
File: 1271419680277.gif (5 KB, 110x130) Image search: [Google]
1271419680277.gif
5 KB, 110x130
>>695643504
>>
>>695643293
Like I said. It didn't sound like a joke. It sounded like every other troll or angry religious person that buts in whenever atheists try to have a conversation.

If it's a joke, fine. It's a joke. I'm just saying it REALLY didn't sound like it. To be fair, it's hard to get sarcasm when having to read it, rather than hearing it.
>>
>>695636770
>what were you doing when you realized God doesn't exist
>implying I was ever taught such retarded fictions
Not even once.
>>
>>695643075
yes... the universe the went to is one where humans exist in a sleep state without dreams. i didn't say they stop existing.

you're talking about reincarnation, and that's an even bigger leap than simply saying god created the universe.

reincarnation is anti-science, because instead of trying to use science to bring people back to life, you just hope dying isn't that bad. it's anti-science faith.
>>
>>695644007
>the universe the went to
nobody went anywhere you're completely missing the point.. learn 2 science
>>
>>695643714
Read this.

>>695643964
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 1000x1333
The honest truth is every thing is way to complex that I will never know. I don't know if will ever know the only thing I know is what is there in front of me in this world. And sadly it's not enough. Life is a scary and strange and every one just walks around confident acting like they know to impress one another. And act as if they know the answer deep down inside we are all lost.
>>
File: 1370819110489.gif (790 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1370819110489.gif
790 KB, 250x250
>>695642096
Story Time

>I read 6 of the 13 Emerald Tablets one day
>Only 12 of 13 are published to the public, the 13th is for satanic elites only
>These tablets are made of an indestructible substance that looks like translucent emerald,that science can't explain, and they're in a museum as we speak
>The tablets read like a prayer or initiation ritual, and it's stated that you should memorize the tablets and read them a hundred times.
>The tablets were written by the god Thoth, the god of knowledge in the age of Atlantis before the great asteroid/flood that put Atlantis under water, in what we now call the Atlantic ocean.
>Read 6 of these tablets one Morning
>Got this intuition, or inner voice that was not my own afterwards, like it was planning my whole day?
>Thought it was cool at first, but wondered if I self initiated myself into satanism?
>Asked my Lord and Savior, Jesus of Nazareth to show me a sign to know if that voice was him.
>Went to work, forgot about it all completely.
>Get off work, goto Beer store, buy my beer, and while leaving. an old man strikes up a brief conversation, and just after says: "You better quit messing with SATAN! you have no clue what you're getting yourself into!"

I guess Jesus answered my question...
>>
>>695642800
>you didn't witness your own conception
What the fuck are you smoking?

I can get a DNA to prove that my parents are my parents.
>>
>>695643964
(A) >inb4 OP is edgy
(B) >inb4 OP is a neckbeard
(C) >inb4 OP is just as bad as Christians
(D) >inb4 OP tips fedora
(E)>inb4 OP is a fag
(F)>inb4 OP can't inb4

>God does exist you edgy (A) neckbeard (B). You're just as bad as the Christians (C), tipping your fedora (D) like a fag (E). Btw you can't "inb4" your own thread (F).

See it now?
>>
>>695642800
>something can't come from nothing
Then were did god come from?
>>
>>695644477
Maybe he expects someone to have videotaped it.
>>
>>695642920
Actually if a god existed, we could theoretically prove it exists. But we haven't, so it's best to assume there isn't one.
>>
>2016
>Still arguing about religion

Believe in whatever the fuck you want to, the only requirements you must fulfill is to keep that shit to yourself, acknowloedge others as a person part of a society, that gives freedom of belief (in most countries) and don´t do anything crazy that would deteriorate others quality of life.

>Inb4 terrorism
>>
>>695644768
Well said.
>>
>>695643513
Free will and an Utopia are independent of each other. Do you want to take away people's ability to make their own decisions or do you want millions of people to die from starvation?
The choice is far from simple anon. Either we have free will and millions die, or we become the equivalent of an apple Mac.

>B-b-but anon, in the Bible it says that God has a plan for your life, this totz means that there's no free will.

What an excellent point anon! God has a plan for your life, the same way your parents have a plan for your life. All parents plan a successful amazing life for their children, doesn't mean that it's going to happen. God's plan for you, is like a parent's idealized life for their child, in other words it's totally dependent on the child's choices.

The main reaosn God made mankind, is because he wanted us to choose him freely, of our own volition. Why would he violate the very principle upon which we as human beings were made?
>>
>>695644606
I remember a Christian told me he always existed there was no beging for God.
>>
Your faith brings death.
/thread
>>
>>695644768
>the only requirements
>that 1% of the population one fulfills
>>
>>695637255
Why?
>>
>>695644428
Just a coincidence. I've had bigger.
>>
i was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJmRD0904o
>>
>>695644981
If a god could have always existed, so could have the universe.
>>
100 years into the future mankind will have a good laugh at "religion" and all the good it's done for us
>>
When I noticed there is absolutely zero evidence for it, and there is nothing we've seen in existence that couldn't have occured naturally without a magic deity.
>>
>>695645028
So is that an excuse to behave like a sociopath?
>>
Which god?
>>
>>695645231
What? I was just saying that one caveat is largely ignored.
>>
File: yourthreadishitfaggot.gif (2 MB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
yourthreadishitfaggot.gif
2 MB, 530x300
>inb4 OP realizes that OP isn't allowed to inb4

>Yu faget
>>
There's no difference between god and Santa Claus for plausibility and evidence
>>
Lost my younger brother and my leg in a car wreck. Yea. Praying didn't save him.
>>
File: haHAA.jpg (242 KB, 992x675) Image search: [Google]
haHAA.jpg
242 KB, 992x675
>>
>>695645181
We already laugh at old religions and dead gods.

Neat essay by Mencken:
http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/menckengods.htm
>>
>>695642800
The big bang could absolutely have happened on its own. Do you know anything?
>>
>>695645480
this
>>
>>695636770
Probably when I kept wanting a clear interpretation of some of the "stories" in the bible, I hate the whole "it can be interpreted differently among other people" arguement, it's a religion, a belief system you live your life by, if it can be read differently depending on the person, then how can there be order in your religion that's supposed to be about order? Once I started questioning these sort of things and trying to answer them as an Atheist, it all made sense. God cannot exist, because his supposed law doesn't exist.
>>
>>695645480
Wait I thought God IS Santa clause
>>
>>695636770
It makes more sense that their is a God.
>Theory with fewest assumptions is most likely true
>>
>>695645480
>same evidence for god and santa
When's the last time God gave you a fucking Pokemon game?
>>
>>695645504
God was just pulling your leg lol!!!
>>
>>695645726
No it doesn't.
>>
>>695645504
He lives on in plenty of other realities though.. You just so happen to be this version of you stuck in my universe too. I lost a limb and a brother too m8
>>
File: fsbdfbd.png (339 KB, 742x792) Image search: [Google]
fsbdfbd.png
339 KB, 742x792
>>695645059
No, don't think so. I've had waaay too many of these type of experiences, all the way back to when I was 9 yrs old, and I've dabbled in Witchcraft to a point where I've seen enough with my own eyeballs that confirms inter-dimensional beings are influencing our day-to-day lives.
>>
>>695645726
>fewest assumptions
>assuming there is a god
>fewer assumptions that not assuming there is a god
What.
>>
>>695636770
on the verge of tears in my bed (i was 8)
>>
>>695636770
Ya know I figured out my own little theology

I'm a believer in spirits and gods of natural phenomenons, events and ideals
Like spirits of light, god of the sun, spirit of mischief, god of disorder and chaos

It's my own personal theology and I keep it for me
>>
File: 1464021906896.gif (2 MB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
1464021906896.gif
2 MB, 275x206
>>695636770
What is your concept of God Op?
>>
File: kek.jpg (3 KB, 125x76) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
3 KB, 125x76
>>695645771
>>
>>695638493
Appendix
>>
File: 6.png (348 KB, 540x605) Image search: [Google]
6.png
348 KB, 540x605
>>695636770
>>
File: 29e.jpg (10 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
10 KB, 217x320
>>695645771
Hehe. gotta admit thats a good one. Thanks anon.
>>
>>695636770
>Be me, 13 year old male going through confirmation
>Have 10/10 preacher
>Great singing voice, nice hair, jawline chiseled by Michaelangelo, Ass like a Thanksgiving ham
>Be at confirmation class, discussing God's word and law
>Preacher asks me if I know about homosexuality
>ishecomingontome.jpg
>Say that I've never been with a man before, but I'd consider it an honor to be his bottom
>Preacher transforms into Shrek
>iknewit.gif
>Shrek spreads my cheeks
>Shrek fills me with onion sauce
>Shrek is love
>I ask Shrek if this is what it is like being with God
>Shrek leans in close to me
>"There is no God. Shrek is Ogre."
>Shrek leaves the church and wanders away with a donkey
>Parishioners lay palm branches before him and his donkey
>"Praise be the Lord"
>Shrek is love, Shrek is life
>>
>>695645409
Oh okay then. Still 1% is blown way out of proportion. With every group with such committed and fanatic following, you come across with extremist groups that are very vocal and get a lot of media coverage, however let´s not ignore the fact they they are still a minory, a very loud minory, but still there´s much more people that keep that kind of thing to themselves
>>
I was a young teen who only cared about getting through the sermon to go home and masturbate until time for evening youth group. I realized it sitting there, thinking maybe this is just a fairy tale book. It's hard to go back to thinking its real and prevalent. I've tried for comfort and relationships. I'm over it now.
>>
i was walking this older girl home one time when i was 9 or 10 and she told me "i'll believe it when i see it"

it was like 12 years ago
>>
>>695645832
>He lives on in plenty of other realities though..
According to you anon? Damn It most be true.
>>
File: 1464365396069.jpg (72 KB, 681x672) Image search: [Google]
1464365396069.jpg
72 KB, 681x672
greentext cuz why not

>be 13yo me
>talking to grill in geometry class
>religion comes up
>grew up catholic, jesus is savior
>"but anon, why?"
>fucking why
>start questioning my faith more seriously

from there i gradually came to terms with the absence of a personal god. not interesting really but w/e. i still wish i could believe though
>>
File: gWP2zE6.jpg (26 KB, 640x1010) Image search: [Google]
gWP2zE6.jpg
26 KB, 640x1010
>>695644768
Or be like an Atheist and shove your beliefs down everyone's throat, and berate anyone to oblivion that disagrees with you.
>>
>>695644888
Checked
>>
>>695645907
You live a long life with millions of moments for things like that to happen. I experiences a religion "sign" that makes your coincidence seem like nothing. Over the years I've boiled it down to shit happens. Because there is no meaning but what you make up and it's all fake.
>>
>>695646379
I was referring to "keeping that shit to themselves" and respecting the rights of others to believe what they want, not full on terrorism.
>>
>>695646622
>shove your beliefs down everyone's throat
You can't shove that which does not exist.

Bald is not a hair color.
>>
>>695646451
I can link you the scientific articles. I'm not talking out my ass fagget.
>>
>>695646816
Me too, not all extremists kill people
>>
immaturity = faith
>>
>>695636770
Fuck your bullshit OP.

Here is a list of what you are:

> possessing of a possible edge
> bearded in the cervical area
> exhibiting proselytising as much as a Christian
> in possession of an out of place hat for fancy occassions
> preferring of the same sex
> implyier that inb4ing means anything
>>
>>695637930
It's not logical to assume either when sitting at a point of ignorance
>>
File: 720x405-elvis.jpg (29 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
720x405-elvis.jpg
29 KB, 720x405
>>695636770
Sitting in my mom's basement vaping while simultaneously staring longingly into the eyes of my waifu body pillow. As the thought struck me, I shed a single gentleman's tear, but quickly wiped it away, leaving a Cheato smudge in its stead.
>>
Opposite. After being raised as a Christian I astrayed on my own for a couple years. Became an "atheist" until I found the infinite, which made me feel dumb for doubting or believing. One thing is certain though, I have found MY god and I believe because I WANT to believe there is something more.
>>
>>695646943
> implying that's a valid argument
>>
>>695646622
I´m an atheist, but then again you don´t care about that, and I don´t care about what you believe in. Never generalize anon.
>>
>>695638493
Your air and food go down the same pipe. It's possible for you to develop cancer.
Appendicitis.
Your body is trash.
>>
>>695644932
No. I'm calling bullshit. If God could do anything, and actually loved his creations, then he wouldn't need to put them through hell, he'd grant a utopia with free will, and maybe he'd stop jerking us around with this "great plan" he doesn't feel like sharing with us.

If God is omnipotent, and unwilling to stop evil, then he is apathetic and undeserving of our faith. In fact, I'd go so far as to label him malicious.

If God is omnipotent but somehow unable to stop evil, then what value does he have? Clearly, he is not truly omnipotent, and therefore does not deserve the title of "God".

If God is omnipotent and willing to stop evil, then why has he failed to stop it? Can he not control what he created? What's he waiting for?

There is no god. Just you, and me, and every other human on this planet, desperate for answers to things we don't understand. Thing is, science is a process where it's ok to not know, because one day we'll find the answers for ourselves. God is an easier method. God requires no research, no effort, no questions, just blind faith.

I can't do blind faith. It goes against everything I stand for.-and I'll take a painful truth over a conveniently happy lie, any day of the week.
>>
>>695645600
The vulture eats, the mother is unburdaned, and a culture of dependance is averted. The weak die and the strong live.

Everyone ows their owies so much.
Life requires suffering.
All novelty is earned in blood, at least all biology.

I suppose a rock exists as well, but is less capable of angst.

The big picture guys. Try it.
>>
>>695647228
There are no "atheist" beliefs. It's a perfectly valid argument.
>>
>>695639089
Well the most certainly dont have the fear of god.

See you in "hell" Anon
>>
If Heaven existed and you'd be there forever when you die, wouldn't it get boring?
>>
>>695636770
listening to my parents
>>
>>695636770
I became a Geology major
>>
You must go off of what you experience and understand from your world not what other people told you. They're all liars and you're just being an idiot if you believe them. Usually it's to fit in or whatever, but religions are old peoples baggage. Find your own reasons to exist.
>>
File: 1467622287770.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1467622287770.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>695636770
I was raised as a Catholic, but even as a kid I had my doubts. I started calling myself agnostic since I was like 11. I pretty much made my mom agnostic too, but my dad still thinks Jesus Christ is still out to protect us.
>>
>>695636770
I realized there was no proof that God exists. My dad said "there is no proof he doesnt exist" but that is just logical fallacy. It didnt happen suddenly but over time.
>>
>>695640669
>im agnostic
>i do my prayers

pick one you fucking retard
>>
>>695636943
whats ur k/d?
>>
https://discord.gg/VRrGY

Hey join this discord for kick ass times
>>
May 1st
Age 14
Over the period of 3 weeks
>>
>>695638845
>>695640669
Why pray and go to church if you're not at least close to certain he is real?
>>
>>695637930
you can prove a negative though.
But Still, god doesn't exist
>>
>>695647667
agnostic is what any intelligent person will come to be. atheism is just at autistic as religion tbh.
>>
>>695647301
He has never tried to stop evil because there is no need to do so. A counter weight is always needed. Plus it's us humans that make this shit happen. When your boy is trying to wife a hoe
You don't drag him by the shirt into your house. You tell him what you think and then let him scrape his fucking knees on his own. When you tell your dumbass kid fire burns, you let the little fucker get a taste of the stove. Now he knows fire burns. If he was so inclined to destroy evil, he would do so, but he knows it's necessary
>>
>>695640669

But that really isnt the point is it?
>>
>>695646944
That'd be great.
>>
>>695648036
You have no idea what autism is.
>>
>>695648036
Then you really don't what atheism is.
>>
>>695636770
Going in the car to kindergarten
>>
>>695648248
ok ?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
This will still be the best argument against god.
>>
>>695647533
Anybody that believes in a "heaven" even for a second is fucking retard.. even jews didn't believe that shit. Heaven was just a metaphor for where god is.. and satan was a metaphor for your ego. Speaking of ego, everybody is so busy in pop culture, entertainment, school, and work in this society they never get past the surface of anything anymore. It's sad.
>>
>>695636770
I was seven years old, and it was near Christmas time with a soft snow covering the ground. I was eating my favorite meal thinking about God and the afterlife, after thinking for a while I was thinking about infinity and it dawned on me that infinity can't exist. Immediately I felt sick and could no longer eat, I felt betrayed and have held skepticism of what I am told to accept ever since.
>>
>>695640958

muh flat earth
>>
>>695648036
Is not believing in fairies a religion too?
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26 KB, 600x750
>>695648248
>>695648301
>>
File: atheism (2).png (334 KB, 632x413) Image search: [Google]
atheism (2).png
334 KB, 632x413
>>695646768
You're obviously not a mathematician or well versed in probability.

Go look up home many times a deck of 52 cards can be shuffled and the combination be duplicated. it's astronomical! nothing is random, even computers can't be random.
>>
>>695648401
Cool?
>>
>>695639089
>"God will give you strength"
>>
>>695648043
that is the stupidest argument i've ever read. theres a difference in telling a kid "oh the stove is hot" and him learning a lesson, than an omnipotent, omnipresent, GOD who just so happens to not only rule the planet earth, but the entirety of life.

If God was real, black live matter wouldn't exist. this would be the end of times
>>
>>695648133
http://www.space.com/18811-multiple-universes-5-theories.html

http://io9.gizmodo.com/is-there-another-version-of-you-out-there-in-a-paralle-1683084852

I found those in 2 seconds..
>>
>>695638682
Believing in something probably helped more than any god. I went through the same transformation when I decided that I had the power to change, then I realized that some was coincidence.
>>
>>695648301
atheism is where retarded neckbeards claim something as fact when in reality they have no idea what they are talking about and have done zero research into proving their claim.

>god doesnt exist

well then we have to get into what is "god" can you even fuckin quantify what it is that they are saying doesnt exist? neckbeards and autists.
>>
File: 20160531_134453.png (1 MB, 1361x1928) Image search: [Google]
20160531_134453.png
1 MB, 1361x1928
>>695648618
Kill yourself.
>>
>>695648635
Thanks? It is what it is, but that moment of disbelief in God taught me that if I want something I better do it myself. Worked out in the end.
>>
>>695640958

Too bad you won't be there to consciously experience the great "O" moment when you die
>>
>>695648770
you're obviously 100x smarter than anyone who disagrees with you, so englighten us, define and/or "quantify" god genius.
>>
You know only what your eyes see. But your eyes can be mistaken. As a matter of fact you have no idea if the people around you are really there. There's also no way to know that you're real. Science nor philosophy know the meaning of life. So is life real? Is consciousness an actual thing?
>>
I was fucking satan in the ass
>>
>>695648964
"what is the meaning of life" is an empty question. life on earth exists because earth has water which allows molecules to move about - there is no "meaning".
>>
>>695649199
Saddam?
>>
>>695648964
maybe there is no meaning of life
>>
>>695648692
"theories dude, theories" and this has nothing to do with god. If anything it makes my believe of him more obsolete
>>
>>695648679
I never claimed god was real. I made no argument for or against the existance of a god. I just said people have to learn someway. Even if it's by autodestruction
>>
>>695639725
The Mormon Church fucked my life up until I was 16.
>>
>>695648963
thats my point fam. different ideas different beliefs. its basically subjective at this point. like "god" could very well exist for one person and not for another. idk im out tho have fun arguing over dis shit
>>
the meaning of life for humanity is the same as the meaning of life for any other animal, to procreate and die
>>
>>695648043
So this is a game then? He is able, but not willing.

Ok. Fuck'em. I'd rather go to hell, than play his game. All the good I've tried to do in my life, and I'd still be punished for not believing. People who have never heard of God, who have never harmed anyone, would still go to hell for not bowing to an insecure deity? God is a petty, lying, bully.

I don't want to go to heaven if it's on his terms.
>>
When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

inb4 copypasta
>>
>>695642800

So tell me. Why can god exist as an eternal being but nothing else can?

How can you be so profoundly stupid?
>>
>>695649668
and don't forget, God loves each and every one of his creations! fucking bullshit...
>>
>>695648770
Atheism is the lack of a belief in any god.
It's that simple. Now please end yourself.
>>
File: 1466634524859.jpg (12 KB, 203x240) Image search: [Google]
1466634524859.jpg
12 KB, 203x240
>>695649668
>George Carlin
>>
nah more than a game it feels like a lesson. And I would rather learn the lesson than sit there and moan about the wrongs in this world. Don't get me wrong I know exactly what you mean. This existance shit doesn't even seem logical but you have to learn to rise above it and persevere. It's a weird life.
>>
I'm surprised this ignorant religious dude didn't bring up Pascal's Wager yet
>>
File: 1457925550263.gif (2 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457925550263.gif
2 MB, 600x600
either when stoned or in biology class, or some sort of mixture of both
>>
>>695649888
THANK YOU!
>>
>>695648628
>nothing is random, even computers can't be random
The world is more chaos than order. If nothing is random then predict the future. Why would a computer be random anyways? What the fuck are you even talking about? If you think some old drunk guys ramblings means you channeled some satanic element you're silly. I aced my college maths and read books on probability, statistics, synchronicity, akashic theory, etc. Trust me you simply witnessed a coincidence and there is nothing supernatural in this world or it would be front page of the news.
>>
>>695649472
when someone asks you to display your clearly supreme knowledge you leave the thread... wow that's strange.
>>
>>695649309
>If anything it makes my believe of him more obsolete
that's the point
>>
>>695649668
-But he loves you.

Good ole George Carlin.
>>
>>695649490
immortal animals exist, try again
>>
>>695636770
watching my grandpa die...
>>
>>695650164
news flash, the entire universe is based on coincidence, hell, you are a living piece of proof of the universe's coincidences.
>>
>>695650323
..but he always needs more money
>>
>>695650103
Probably because even HE recognizes Pascal was a coward who couldn't stand on principle.
>>
>>695649253
>>695649307

Life has assigned meaning. Just like everything you hold close to you. The universe doesn't really give a shit if a few million jews get gased, but we give a shit.
I understand that, im saying that. There is no concrete definition to the world life so how exactly do you know you're alive? Because you're not dead? What if death is a part of life?
>>
>>695648628
The positions of electrons within electron clouds in an atom are completely random, try again :-)
>>
>>695650136
Okthatsawsome.
>>
>>695650480
Yep. He loves you and he needs money.
>>
>>695649763
If based on science, energy can never be created or destroyed so you ARE eternal. You just don't know because we really don't know shit.
>>
>>695650608
Death isn't a part of life, it's the absence of life, just like how Atheism is the absence of belief.
>>
>>695649490
I heard it was "42".

Ask Cortana.
>>
>>695650608
after reading a second post of yours I've realized you're just some retarded pseudo-intellectual 14 year old who philosophizes about dumb shit like "life might not even be real hurr durr"
>>
That shit is need look it up.
>>
If there was a god he would certainly hate me, and would probably make life as terrible as he could. Just like everyone else.
>>
>>695650883
fuuuuuuuuuck you're retarded as mother fucking shit.
>>
>>695650899
Death is part of the process we know as life. If the law of conservation of matter expresses that matter cannot be destroyed or created, just altered then that means your escence prevails through life and through death.
>>
>>695636770
It was the same day I really knew for sure that Santa Clause wasn't real. I realized if all of these adults that children are supposed would conspire to lie to children, they would just as easily lie to children about God.
>>
>>695636770
I haven't realized that God doesn't exist, I don't know one does. And I don't care.
This year I learned the truly liberating reality that I, and everybody I love will die.
Every structure around us will decay and crumble, and it's beautiful.
No matter the struggle in your story you'll always know the last page of the book, of yours and everyone else's.
>>
>>695650883
you dumbass, matter can't be destroyed/created.
>>
>>695651013
That's cool, now tell me your reasoning. Tell me how you know you really exist and I'll admit to those claims.
>>
>>695636873
Same here.
>>
File: 1468863629356.jpg (24 KB, 378x462) Image search: [Google]
1468863629356.jpg
24 KB, 378x462
>>695651310
essence =/= energy

essence is made up concept sorry kiddo
>>
>>695637198
My mommy and my daddy loved each other very much...
>>
File: iydrttpymwdihst3.png (79 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
iydrttpymwdihst3.png
79 KB, 500x268
>>695636770
When I saw this image
>>
>>695651236
Now tell me how you came to that conclusion brother
>>
>>695651448
Matter can be cancelled out, when confronted with antimatter. It creators a nice little explosion, and then neither exist anymore.
>>
>>695651448
E=mc2 faggot. Matter and energy are interchangeable.
>>
>>695651448
Mmm isn't that what the first sentence of the post says? Damn good thing Im a dumbass and you're completely right. None can match your intellect anon
>>
All you unbelievers are fools, hoe could the word of a man stand above the word of the mighty Allah?
>>
File: 1428865186435.png (2 MB, 1141x911) Image search: [Google]
1428865186435.png
2 MB, 1141x911
>>695650650
Because guys wearing white lab coats said so, but yet. they still can't explain everything in our reality,universe,brain or cancer, and are still finding new land and sea species even today, but lets just trust them because they're presented as an authority figure. nice logic fuck face.
>>
>>695651543
So is time. Matter of fact so is everything we know, a fucking concept. It was used for lack of a better word.
>>
>>695651616
kek
>>
>>695647183
something, something, Occam's Razor
>>
>>695651867
Our brains essentially operate on electricity.
So when we die its not really like matter is being destroyed because our bodies still exist in the form of a corpse, but the person that is you disappears when the fuse that is your brain's activity blows out.
I can turn off a light, but that doesn't mean the lightbulb ceases to exist.
>>
>>695652248
The word you were looking for was soul

..and soul has no place in a scientific statement.
>>
>>695651498
I think, therefor I am.
>>
>>695652066
allah doesn't exist and his mother is a whore
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 369x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 369x367
>>695648036
>>
>>695652214
You see, those guys in white lab coats are doing something called research, they are attempting to EXPLAIN the things that we cannot normally explain through the use of scientific reasoning, the same reasoning we use to understand just about everything else in the universe that we have discovered. In order to know something, you must first learn about it.
>>
File: 1466274696554.jpg (11 KB, 218x237) Image search: [Google]
1466274696554.jpg
11 KB, 218x237
>>695636770
Whilst reading Dawkin
>>
>>695652214
You must have autism or something.
>>
>>695652558
So in conclusion.. Same outcome different word. Good looks on the correction though
>>
>>695652214
It's more like "Let's trust them because the have FUCKING EVIDENCE."
Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 38

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.