Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

U.S gun enthusiasts. I understand that you want to keep your

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 750x1000
U.S gun enthusiasts.
I understand that you want to keep your right to bear arms and that guns can play a big part in self-defence.
But why do some of the people in your country argue they need fully automatic assault rifles to do so ?
Here in the UK you can legally own a shotgun with a license.
Surely a shotgun is enough to defend yourself from anyone who would do you harm in your own house or even a pistol to protect yourself in public.
Aren't the weapons that are available to purchase in the US complete overkill ?
>> Pic not related
>>
Shall not be infringed you fucking faggot. The federal govt. has infringed on too many firearm rights already.
>>
>>693884769

>waaah why do you need assault rifles??

why do you fucking care? if someone is going to go on a killing spree they damn will so assault rifles or not. this isnt cowadoody where people run around spray and praying.
>>
>>693884903
That argument's retarded.
So it's ok to let the kind of person who would do a mass shooting have access to assault rifles as long as your government doesn't infringe on your gun rights.
I'm not saying guns should be banned.
Just the guns that you don't really need.
>>
>>693884769
>they need fully automatic assault rifles
The term "assault rifle" was created by politicians to describe a rifle that looked menacing. There is no difference in function and they are not fully automatic.
>>
>>693885911
It just interests me.
Not really bothered if you're killing each other I just don't see the reasoning behind it.
So you think it's just as easy to do a mass shooting with a shotgun than an assault rifle ?
>>
>>693886184
>Just the guns that you don't really need
How do you know what I do and do not need?
>>
>>693886676
You got it backwards. Assault rifles are any select fire mode combat rifle, "assault weapons" is the politicized phrasing meant to drum up fear.
>>
>>693887031
Can you justify needing a fully automatic rifle ?
>>
>>693887181
>Can you justify needing a fully automatic rifle ?
They're not fully automatic.
>>
>>693884769
>>693884903
First off, I'm not anti-gun by any means. I'm just in favor of a little more sanity than we have now. Guns are dangerous because they're weapons, and I feel like people take the issue too lightly when they say we need fewer regulations, or more people should carry guns, etc. It's a VERY complicated issue.

The 2nd Amendment:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
This could be interpreted to mean the right to a militia shall not be infringed. Maybe it doesn't mean you get the biggest baddest gun, but the state militia can issue them the way the military lets you use weaponry while deployed, training, etc.

Or that "well-regulated" means that while you can keep and bear arms, there is a limit to the type of arms you can keep and bear.
>>
>>693884769

>fully automatic

troll confirmed, everyone move along
>>
>>693886184
>mass shooting have access to assault rifles

What' your point? You don't need an """"assault rifle"""" to go on a mass shooting.

You can do it with with 2 pistols, which might be an option since they can be easily concealed
>>
File: Lynch Factory.png (367 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Lynch Factory.png
367 KB, 800x800
>>693884769
ASS IS ALWAYSRELATED U FUCK

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lynch-factory

ITS NOT A GUN PROBLEM, ITS A NIGGER PROBLEM
>>
>>693884769
a shotgun isn't as effective for removing people from office
>>
>>693887787
>They're not fully automatic.
No.
You can get fully automatic weapons.
I'm not saying they all are, but the fact you can legally buy them is worrying.
>>
File: gunchick.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gunchick.gif
3 MB, 480x360
Legit question:

Why do you need an auto- or semi-auto weapon? I'm not saying you don't. Just asking why YOU want or need one over a different kind of firearm.
>>
>>693888156
You're why people shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
>>
>>693888478
you can't without a license you retard, and an automatic rifle is as expensive as a car in the U.S
>>
>>693888684
fag
>>
OH YA! dont you understand something? protect against someone who wants to do you harm? like the government or police! And they have fully auto weapons thats why!
>>
>>693888065
I think you're missing the point.
Why should you have access to military grade rifles ?
>>
>>693888684
you're why the right to bear arms exists
>>
>>693888478
You can only get a fully automatic or even burst fire weapon if it was both manufactured before 1986 and registered with the federal government prior to 1986. Full auto and bust fore weapons are not available to the public otherwise and there is a set amount of them on existence.

They are highly controlled,taxed and regulated. Breaking this law results in serious prison time.
>>
File: uflgb.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
uflgb.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>>693888776
>>693888997
>>
>>693884769
You cant just buy an automatic weapon you stupid nigger

They are semi-automatic which means each time you press you fire one round

automatic implies spraying bullets

You can get class 3 weapons that are full auto but they are upwards of 20k dollars and you have to meet with the fucking atf to do it

no mass shooting in the last 20 years has been with a class 3

GET A LIFE BIN THAT KNIFE
you live in a dystopian 1984 hellhole

who the fuck are you to be giving us advice on living standards
>>
>>693888710
Oh that's alright then.
Have you got an automatic rifle then ?
>>
>>693889151
Further more I should add, the AR rifles you guys see and think are full auto are in fact semi-auto.

>semi-auto means one bullet per trigger pull. Just like a handgun.

Ignorance is the root cause of fear of guns. I am a liberal and vote democrat and I own guns. It's one of the main things I disagree with democrats on.
>>
>>693884769
We declared independence so we wouldnt have to be like you spotted dicksuckers.
>>
>>693888584
Militias. I may just be paranoid, but I think the recent massacre in Dallas could lead to more BLM activists becoming radicalized. The guy had a set of body armor and was trained, I'd rather not have a hunting rifle when going up against him.
>>
>>693889571
Kinda missing the point.
The fact you can gain access to fully auto is bad enough.
Why the fuck do you need semi auto ?
>>
File: 1467445265582.jpg (27 KB, 372x372) Image search: [Google]
1467445265582.jpg
27 KB, 372x372
>>693888995
>military grade

here's your (You)
>>
>>693889571
To be fair, you can mod a semi-auto pretty easily by following instructions on the internet. Granted most mass-shooters don't have that kind of patience, but we'll probably see a class 3 spree eventually.
>>
>>693888995
It is far to easy for the government to corrupt itself. US citizens should be able to restore order.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
>>
>>693889571
Tears have you ever owned a rifle or semi auto gun, they fire 3 at a time, one st a time is not automatic
>>
>>693889618
>Ignorance is the root cause of fear of guns.
No it's not.
I know what semi-auto means and I still think you shouldn't have access to them.
The main fear of guns is if they're in the wrong hands then a lot of people will die.
You don't need a semi auto rifle to protect yourself.
>>
>>693889928
I doubt it. A semi auto is so much easier to shoot accurately then full auto. Instructions on the internet doesn't mean it works or is reliable.
>>
>>693889847
I see what you're saying, but does that mean you'd want to open carry said firearm? Can't conceal a rifle, and just seeing people with guns everywhere doesn't do much to make me feel safer.
>>
>>693890313
would you accept nobody needs a car that deives over 100mph?
nobody needs to be able to walk in any fast food store and consume 10,000 calories in one sitting?
Both of the above have effect on the rest of the population. More so than the amount of firearms available.

So yes, it is an illogical fear of firearms that puts them to the forefront. That, and you have no concept of the word "LIBERTY"
>>
File: muricafuckyea.jpg (68 KB, 625x482) Image search: [Google]
muricafuckyea.jpg
68 KB, 625x482
>>693884769
>> self-defence
>> defence
>>
>>693890313
So youre essentially saying all non bolt action modern rifles are bad? You need semi-auto because threats dont always go down in one shot like the movies kid. So if in the unfortunate event someone attacks me in my home (which is the only place my rifle would be) I might need something other than a bolt action rifle.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 620x350
>>693888065
Like general Cho?
>>
>>693890052
The government is already corrupt and everyone knows it.
No one is going to rise up to fight it because they're scared.
>>
>>693884903
bullshit
requiring background checks isn't "infringing" on your shit

All rights have responsibility and it doesn't say in the 2nd Amendment that the government can't regulate firearms.
>>
unfortunately, OP didn't do proper research. Automatic weapons are NOT available for purchase for the general public. BUT if they ere it would be great, I would go RATATATATATATATATATATTATATATATATATATATATATTA during those BLM protests just for the keks.
-NillingKiggers
>>
>>693890210
Lol semi auto is one shot at a time you idiot. The semi auto reffers to the fact that a round is shot and the next round loaded per triger pull. What dont you understand? Google it.
>>
>>693890696
It comes down to trust. You don't trust other people enough to assume they aren't dangerous, so you want a gun. That's OK. I get it.

I don't trust other people enough to assume they can handle a gun responsibly when shit hits the fan, so I feel better when fewer people have them.
>>
>>693890843
>> implying a .30-06 cartridge would not incapacitate a human being with a well-placed, center massed shot
>> implying all of WW1 and WW2 casualties were not entirely this
>>
>>693890052
Sweet. You could use the same argument against corporations. The people could demand they play fair.
>>
>>693888478
They're not immediately available to the public and there is a finite number available. It's a 6 month process with a background check including fingerprints and photos. There's a division within the ATF solely devoted to dealing with these items. A legally possessed machine gun has not been used in any crime on record.
>>
>>693891159
>implying every shot is well placed center mass in real life scenarios.
>implying there isnt a wholr lot of places center mass that might not stop threat in one shot before that threat is able to attack
>implying you know what your talking about because you use the words center mass
>>
>>693890988
So are you ok with ID checks, for which a small "poll fee" is charged, before allowing someone to vote?
>>
>>693888995
>Why should you have access to military grade rifles ?
They aren't military grade.
>>
>>693891129
I am not a God amongst men.
I have firearms mostly for sport and fun.
Others have their own reasons.
I trust them enough to make their own decisions.
I think you are very mistaken about my motivations.

When the worst things have happened around me, usually fires, those around me who could help, have. I have no innate (and irrational) fear of strangers.
>>
>>693891548
>> implying your house is even nice enough to be broken into
>>
>>693890696
However,using the going over 100 mph or shooting someone without reason would both result in loss of the car/gun and thus eliminating the need to use that function and making ownership pointless, so why again do you want to own the overkill/car?
>>
>>693890313
>You don't need a semi auto rifle to protect yourself.
How many times have you been in a gun fight?
>>
>>693891558
We are not talking about voting.
>>
>>693891159
Also they were not entirely this. Google is your friend.
>>
>>693891849
like you have
>>
>>693884769
>Bill of Needs
And anyway, how would you want protect your home from Jamal and his gang of 5,6 or greater?
>>
>>693891830
same reason i enjoy red meat, drinking, and in my youth, some drug use.

fucking liberty. i have enjoyed my life, i have had fun, and it was done without causing harm to others.
>>
>>693891129
Projecting your own insecurities on others isn't healthy. You should seek professional help.
>>
>>693891849
Zero. And in all zero of those times, I needed a rifle.
>>
>>693891719
4 bedroom nice neighborhood. Its not a mansion but why is any home not nice enough to protect?

I don't sit and look out my window waiting for the chance to shoot someone. It's a hobby and some peace of mind. Whats wrong with that?

Or should I buy a katana because it's the only weapon I'll ever need?
>>
>>693891853
We are talking about fundamental rights confirmed by the Bill of Rights, so it is relevant.
>>
>>693891558
"If you would like to participate in KS elections, you'll need to register to vote with the Kansas Secretary of State. You can also submit your voter registration through the Kansas Division of Vehicles when you apply for a driver's license or ID, or change your address." It already requires your ID you fucking porch monkey. Are you even 18?
>>
>>693887859
Well regulated militia means individuals having access to the same weapons the military has. The militia isnt formed to assist the govt., the militia is there to fight against the govt., should it mske a move toward tyranny.
>>
>>693891159
>implying people weren't shot by a barrage of those cartridges.
>implying a .30+ caliber rifle cartridge is even appropriate to fire in a residential neighborhood.
High powered rifle cartridges will pass through people and potentially hit a bystander that could be outside of your house. If you were defending yourself at 100-1400 yards it's the clear choice.
Home defense should be based on how much damage and the odds of a kill shot in 1 trigger pull. Other than shotguns, any semi automatic action is the clear second choice.
>>
>>693892397
Actually, you're attempting to compare regulation of firearms to disenfranchising voters, which is a false analogy.

A poll tax is un-Constitutional, background checks are not.
>>
>>693892065
Ok, just making sure you don't have some experience that could enlighten us all. Thanks for confirming you don't have any anecdotal support.
>>
>>693884769
You're not allowed to defend yourself with weapons, though.
>>
>>693892760
>background checks are not.
Nice opinion you have there.
>>
>>693892797
>anecdotal support
would be irrelevant

glad we're on the same page
>>
A lot of people understand that automatic weapons are a problem, however about 240 years ago, some old dudes wrote some vague sentences about using your 5 min reload blunderbusses to protect yourself from Indians and bears and shit.

>Shall not infringe
>>
>>693885911
Call of duty is fun so we should have automatic weapons irl
>>
>>693890696
>would you accept nobody needs a car that deives over 100mph?
Yeah I would, if you're in a situation where driving 100mph could hurt someone other then you then it's wrong.
>nobody needs to be able to walk in any fast food store and consume 10,000 calories in one sitting?
No they don't, but when they do so its affecting them, their family and the hospitals who will end up treating them.
Also it's quite profitable for someone to be like that so I doubt anyone is going to do anything about it
>Both of the above have effect on the rest of the population. More so than the amount of firearms available.
True.
But you're missing the point, if someone has 10,000 calories a sitting what excuse do they have ?
If someone is ran over at 100mph what excuse does the driver have ?
Having an overkill weapon for protection is the same as having a car that goes over 100mph.
It's not necessary except a gun is designed to kill and car is designed for travel.
>>
>>693892915
you're welcome to show me the court case where background checks have been struck down as un-Constitutional

I'll wait
>>
>>693892915
do you believe that a man that has murdered before should have access to a gun?
>>
>>693892231
And thats great,however,guns have the potential to harm others unlike red meats and drinking,but maybe you are smart enough and know what you're talking about,but the mass shooter isn't, think of gun control as more of a sacrifice and not a punishment to make the world a better place,besides drugs can cause harm to others as well,families can be torn apart and leave you broke.
>>
>>693893012
>It's not necessary except a gun is designed to kill and car is designed for travel.

Anon., don't let these fucking gunfags trap you into an argument where they're avoiding the actual topic, which is guns.

It's a common ruse in these discussions.
>>
>>693892949
>would be irrelevant
just like your opinion
>>
>>693892952
Maybe what they meant by "keep and bear arms" was a typo and was supposed to read "keep and bare arms"
>>
>>693893192
depends what the opinion is

also, not the anon you're arguing with

I am pro-background checks and closing the gun show loophole
>>
>>693892281
It just seems like many (not all), but a lot of gun enthusiasts imagine they'll be in some scenario where they'll need it to fight off a threat that, as pro-gun folks are quick to point out, is really, really, really unlikely to happen. That means a lot of people carrying weapons who don't need to be, but are looking for a chance to use it.

Anecdotally, there's a guy who comes into my work a lot who always has on a t-shirt with a different pro-gun bumper sticker-type quote on it ("the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," etc.), and has a holstered pistol on his belt. This same guy has demonstrated a lack of understanding regarding firearms (didn't know what "caliber" meant), government, and he spouts off racist shit all the time, which leads me to believe he'd LOVE a chance to shoot a black person. These are the kinds of people I see giving other gun owners a bad name, and why I think there needs to be more regulation of guns.
>>
>>693893104
Tru.
>MUH SECOND AMMENEDMENT
A pistol and maybe semis are all you need to defend yourself. Autos r unneeded and only cause problems right guys?
>>
Let me put it this way, OP.

I'm one of those guys who agrees with you entirely.

But I own a fully automatic rifle, can do a conversion of most Ak-47s and AR-15s, own combat shotguns, have several handguns with hugely extended magazines, and I have drones and turrets designed to accept "paintball" guns.

Why?

Because when guns are finally outlawed in this country, only fucking psychopaths who collect a vast number of guns like they're collecting canned goods for the apocalypse will have guns, and frankly I'd like to be able to weed some of them out by handing them a gun on the black market that will take their hands off if they try to fire it.

Also, because fuck them.
>>
>>693892633
I disagree, but part of the problem is that the 2nd Amendment is a little vague.
>>
>>693884769
Because the world is in a state of un-rest, and more than ever the united states are slipping towards a shitty slope. I personally don't think anything too big will come from it, but you don't THINK you'll have to walk across rusty nails and broken glass everyday, doesn't mean you don't wear shoes.

tl;dr - you never know what a guy trying to hurt you is going to be using, and if he has a big stick, you need a big stick.
>>
>>693893012
you avoided the "needs a car that can" part

i know it's profitable for the food seller, but my insurance goes up because of it

my guns must be very special, they were designed purely for target shooting. being able to kill someone is just a side effect.

all bullshit aside, you are assuming that guns are single use items, and that is for killing. of the 300+ million firearms currently in the USA, how many are used for that purpose? statistically, about zero. it is an irrational fear from the media that created and continues this trend.
>>
>>693884769
Switzerland has no issue with rifles.
/thread
>>
>>693893164
The antigun fags tend to spew off inccorect and misleading information. Like the faggot earlier that said semi auto means more than one bullet at a time or the people that seem to think full auto wealons arent already illegal asside from the very few existing guns that are extremely hard to legally posses.
>>
>>693893656
>what is Judicial Review?
>>
Fucking gunfags turn the barrel 360° and pull the trigger do us all a favour…
>>
>>693893434
>the gun show loophole
What is this gun show loophole you speak about? I have an FFL, and I have to give a background check whether I'm in my store, or set up at a gun show.
>>
>>693884769
AR-15 is a classic example of a gun that would be much more user friendly to defends one's home as opposed to a shotgun
>>
>>693893748
Maybe it's inaccurate, but you all tend to jump on the pettiest shit sometimes.

The real argument is finding middle ground where let's face it the crazies don't get ahold of weapons and shoot up shit and people.
>>
>>693893738
Switzerland is filled with liberals who wouldn't harm a soul.
>>
File: james_woods7.png (787 KB, 775x526) Image search: [Google]
james_woods7.png
787 KB, 775x526
>>693884769
Bc I like to shoot automatic rifles and if you take them away then I cant shoot them god dammit
>>
>>693893822
>>
>>693893104
look at the main killers in the US. heart disease, roughly what, 200 times more deadly than firearms? tell me again how red meats and drinking and smoking and fast food are totally not killing us as much as guns are.

freedom is being able to own a gun. liberty is being able to decide which gun i want to own.
>>
>>693884769

I hear this a lot these days, that the right to bear arms is to protect your family. Which is right, but it doesn't imply who from. The founding fathers did not allow for an armed population to guarantee their safety from each other, it's to garuntee their safety from a tyrannical government or exterior powers. And to do that a population needs to be armed to the same extent and its enemies. We should all have personal drones patrolling the airspace above our properties and ballistic missiles ready to launch from the front yard.
>>
Problems involving guns:
>mass shootings
>gun violence
Gang violence is a lost cause
Gun laws dont do shit to mass shootings
>>
We need to defend ourselves from niggers, too. We got a war to win once it kicks off. Need all the AR's we can get.
>>
>>693892225
Why the fuck would Jamal and his gang be attacking you in the first place ?
Wake up and face reality on realities terms.
Unless you really piss someone off you'll only have to deal with someone breaking and entering.
>>
>>693893993
so....background checks.

the same background checks that many pro-gun users are against because they have to wait one extra week for their gun.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-22-13-28.png (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-22-13-28.png
74 KB, 1280x720
>>693884769
To be perfectly honest, not that I could prove it to you by any means, but I could be trusted with any weapon. I could have a truckload of automatic weapons and all of the ammo I wanted and no one would ever die or be threatened by those weapons, ever, because I'm not a violent person.
There are, literally, millions of people just like me in that respect living in the U.S.
We're not lacking in peaceful and responsible gun owners over here. We're just having a big problem with people who aren't responsible.
A lot of pragmatic liberals in this country think that healthcare is the real issue that could stop a lot of gun violence. With lessened stigma surrounding mental illness and easy access to proper care we should see a decrease in violence.
There's no doubt that some weapons are excessive but, really, if they exist at all then it makes sense to keep them legitimate. Criminals will have them regardless of the law.
>>
>>693893164
Exactly. It's a false analogy. A car wasn't specifically designed to hurt, maim, or kill... It's PRIMARY function is transportation. A gun's only purpose is to send a high-speed projectile with the intent to cause harm. We don't use them to paint our houses and "oops someone got hurt."
>>
>>693893971
It's basically addressing unregistered sellers. Gun shows are the most common example.

The issue is that there isn't a uniform standard for all 50 states.
>>
>>693894011
Meanwhile US liberals are a bunch of fucking whiners who literally cry for shelter from things they don't agree with.
>>
>>693893502
>looking for a chance to use it
No gun owner I've ever met is looking for a chance to shoot someone (I meet them every day). I hope I never have to shoot someone, but I'll do it if I absolutely have to.
>>
>>693892807
If it comes to my life or someone who is attacking me in my own house's life then I think the choice is obvious.
>>
>>693894247
With rights come responsibilities, and unless you have some sort of extenuating circumstance, there really isn't a reasonable objection to waiting a week. It still doesn't infringe your rights.
>>
>>693894111
Nice dubs.
We also needs personalized tanks and ones that are designed for disabled people to prevent discrimination. I currently am excited for my f16 and nightgear with the specialized m4 included.
>>
>>693894229
Clearly you don't read the news. America's on the verge of a race war, Jamal and his gang will soon start attacking anyone white because they're retarded chimp brains can't understand they're being manipulated.
>>
>>693893822
Fucking anti-gunfags i oughta shoot em. It would be easy considering they dont have any guns to protect themselves
>>
>>693884903
shall not be infringed...grow up you child.

you don't even constitution
>>
>>693894229
The ppl afraid of jamal r the faggets who call jamal a nigger irl and run away
>>
>>693894229
>He thinks niggers need a reason to raid a house
>>
>>693888478
Nowhere in this country is it legal for an average citizen to purchase a fully automatic weapon.
Nowhere.
>>
>>693884769
I saw a french fag post somthing similar this morning. So I went to a gun show and spent $1600 on a Colt AR 15 and Colt 1911 today. Because I fucking can. Fuck you OP
>>
>>693894303
There's already a federal law that prohibits acquiring and selling firearms solely for profit without a license. I've seen people arrested for it.
>>
>>693894479
basically. Most anti-gun people I know are perfectly fine with just stricter background checks. I don't even understand how a background check and waiting 1-2 weeks is a bad thing unless you know you won't qualify. In which case you shouldn't have a gun anyways.
>>
It's not just about protecting yourself against criminals it's about protecting yourself against tyranny. A lot of Americans take the "Give me liberty or give me death" ideology very seriously and the faith In out federal government has declined in a rapid rate over the last ten years
>>
>>693893993
But its not petty shit. Prople are affraid of a rifle because they think its shoots off 8 million rounds a second. When in fact its no different than a hunting rifle. Its like saying one car is scary because its a coupe and goes fast and kills people, vut sedans are okay. A coupe isnt necessarily a race car.

I am for universal background checks. Im also for free handgun licenses and training. But most laws in place are based on misconception and misunderstanding. Learn about guns then look at some of the gun laws in california regaring magazine size and other manufacturing requirments. Those laws do nothing but make people think they're making a difference.

Like Ive been saying. Learn about guns and maybe youll change your mind. After that maybe we can have an actual constructive discussion.
>>
>>693894647
You don't know the laws very well.
>>
>>693894647
Except it is legal to purchase a fully automatic weapon, it just needs to have existed before 1986. WEEOOWEEOOWEEOOWEOO.
>>
Should you have to pass a competency test or mental assessment in order to purchase and own a firearm?
>>
>>693886676
>There is no difference in function and they are not fully automatic.

so why people need them? you said it yourself "...no difference in function..."
oh I know why... they want to look and feel tough.
>>
>>693884769
Salt rifles are already regulated.
>>
>>693893656

Read the federalist papers. The founding fathers wanted citizens to have weapons against possible tyrants.
>>
>>693894247
Backgrounf chevks litterally take minutes. They do them at thr gunstore when you buy a gun. Federal background check. The only time this isnt done with every purchasr is in states that allow person to person sale.
>>
>>693894280
>A gun's only purpose is to send a high-speed projectile
if you would have stopped there, you would have made a true statement, instead you added personal belief and made it an opinion.
>>
>>693894103
They are killing as much as guns,however,these are addictions and the user is killing themselves,a gun is not addicting and can be used for malice as that is it's purpose,so why not cut down the malice slightly, Mcdonalds ran a health campaign and removed super size (Though they didn't care if you died,they just didn't want lawsuits),We outlawed specific drugs Because they led to violent rampages occsionally,so why can't we outlaw a few guns?
>>
>>693884769
Why do we need cars capable of going 150mph when the highest speed limit is 75mph?

> ban all fast cars NOW!
>>
>>693894909
Who decides how you pass a complaceny test or mental assessment? The government? What do they deem mentally unfit? Conter-cultural or anti-government views? Either you'd be forced to lie and say "UHUHUHUHUHUHUH I LOVE THE GOBRNMENT" or you would be deemed "too rogue and dangerous" to get a gun, which is despicably un-american.
>>
End of story
We do not need anymore gun laws.
Gun laws and background checks fix nothing.
Guns cause no significant problems.
>>
>>693884769

US politics have boiled down to polarized opposing entities with little room for compromise. Anti-gun vs. pro-gun. That's one of the key factors to bogging the US govt. down like it is. It's a game, neither side really does anything by exploiting the political quagmire.

The truth is, there's no reason the average citizen needs an assault weapon. The problem is realistic screenings before a purchase.

Contrary to popular belief it's not as easy to buy an assault weapon as it is to by a soda. However, there are holes in the background checks that could be addressed. The shootings in Newtown and Orlando both had factors that should have set off red flags.
>>
>>693894872
And registered with the federal government prior to 1986. All other auto weapons are illegal.
>>
>>693894785
If a gun--any kind of gun--is pointed at you, are you not scared? It doesn't take an auto or semi-auto to kill.
>>
>>693888776
how's mom's basement and how the hell is that bitch gonna make rent this month if she isn't sucking my cock right now?
>>
>>693895322
We have a school shooting like every other day
>>
File: Yoko.jpg (33 KB, 550x481) Image search: [Google]
Yoko.jpg
33 KB, 550x481
>ITT

Gun nuts going apeshit because someone asked a question. Honestly the entirety of /b/ debate wise has gone full /pol/. I get if you're flustered that someone doesn't understand something but when they just ask a question? Seriously, just try to be a rational human being and answer the question in a manner which doesn't piss someone off so much. I mean really what do you think someone is going to be more receptive to? "YOU FUCKING LIBCUCK DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT AN ASSAULT RIFLE IS" or "Well, I think you've got the term 'assualt rifle' in the wrong light. What it actually means is:" and then so on. I vented a bit on this post and I know some of you guys who defend guns in a reasonable manner can also agree that regulations should continue to stay plentiful and assure that guns are kept from causing too many accidents.

However, I do realize that guns in the hands of criminals will be undeniably impossible to get rid of, in the same way that we can't stop cocaine, meth, or other illegal items.

In the end, guns are an issue, sure they can't get up and kill people, but they provide the means to do more destruction as a weapon meant to kill and cause significant damage. I don't know what more needs to be said about this topic, I just wish we wouldn't try to make this a black and white situation like we do everything else, the grey line will always be around. I just hope some people will come to this understanding and stop getting super defensive either way when someone asks a question.
>>
>>693884769
listen here UK fag. the united states is all about having the freedom to own whatever you want because you can. I don't need a corvette with 650 HP, I don't need a 3000 sq ft house. but I buy them because I want them and I have the freedom to do so.

>>693895330
>assault rifle
assault is an action not a type of rifle
>>
>>693888997
poor attempt. do better.
>>
>>693895442
Last one happened like 5 yrs ago
>>
>>693895339
Which is absolutely fucking retarded anyway. You don't legalize cocaine if it was made in columbia, why would you legalize "omg full auto death machines" because they were made before 1986. It really just goes to show the law has no standing and all it does is prevent poor people from owning automatic firearms.
>>
>>693894993
>they want to look and feel tough
Did you not get the part where the only difference is how they look? I'd be willing to bet you like different clothes than I do, but the function is the same.
>>
>>693895083
they are killing way more than ALL firearm deaths. not even close.

these deaths are affecting our health system, which i am a part of, and my insurance is affected as well.

does this mean i want a licensing process for buying food? or banning alcohol? fuck no. i accept others' choices and expect them to accept mine. we are all living together in this nation, and i'll be damned if they have to lose their freedoms just because my feelings got hurt or my insurance went up a couple of dollars.

liberty for all, and all that it comes with.
>>
>>693895227
I mean more like a "prove that you know how to use this thing safely, and answer a few questions so we know you're not unhinged." Asking questions about how much you agree with the government would be really unethical.
>>
>693895564
"Five police officers were fatally shot and seven others wounded Thursday on and nearby the campus of El Centro College " literally 2 days ago.
>>
>>693895398
Your point is?

I can't protect myself from the unlikely but still very real possibilty of my life being taken because you're affraid of something you know nothing about?
>>
>>693895227
In Canada if you've been arrested or admitted to a mental institution you're automatically flagged as high risk and odds are you'll have to provide a reason to keep firearms. Mind you, we don't live in the biggest nigger infested shithole on earth so self defense isn't considered a legitimate reason.
>>
>>693895786
>>693895564

reply wasn't working fml
>>
>>693895589
What the hell,do you even watch the news? There are school shootings every where,just because they aren't as popular as columbine,doesn't mean they aren't there. Besides schools a black church was shot up because of racial prejudice
>>
>>693894840
> average citizen
is not going to but these weapons because it is prohibitively regulated.
No one can walk into a gun store and walk out with a machine gun like these people are saying.
>>
>>693887859
You could read.it that way due to ignorance, the founding fathers went into great detail regarding 2a in their letters and journals leaving no doubt that they meant that citizens had a right to keep and bear arms.
>>
>>693895659
Agreed
>>
>>693895322
>Guns cause no significant problems.

5 families in Dallas would disagree with that point right about now.
>>
>>693895775
How do you define unhinged. I believe everyone should go to gun safety/handling courses. Alot of fuckboys who never touched a gun are buying them now and posing danger with their horrific muzzle and trigger discipline. But then again, Who has to pay for that? The fuck who bought the gun? That doesn't seem fair to FORCE him to pay for a class he may or may not need.
>>
>>693893681
>you avoided the "needs a car that can" part
How did I avoid it ?
>i know it's profitable for the food seller, but my insurance goes up because of it
And because your insurance goes up it'll make your government tackle obesity ?
>my guns must be very special, they were designed purely for target shooting. being able to kill someone is just a side effect.
Are you real ?
Damn those people using guns for anything but target shooting.
>all bullshit aside, you are assuming that guns are single use items, and that is for killing. of the 300+ million firearms currently in the USA, how many are used for that purpose? statistically, about zero. it is an irrational fear from the media that created and continues this trend.
A gun is a weapon which is designed to kill people.
Don't try to make it out as something it's not.
>>
>>693895016
yeah they did. good thing we haven't had tyrants here since the 80's...1780's.
>>
>>693884769
Because this isn't Europe, which has tightly packed streets and cities that are easily controlled by mobs of SWAT teams.

Unless you're in a major population center (where firearms are heavily regulated, i.e NYC), chances are any property you own is going to have a sizable amount of land, anywhere from 3/4ths of an acre to however many acres you want/can afford.

Defending your personal property and acreage from trespassers, wildlife, foreign entities, and otherwise threats to you, your family, and anyone else you're committed to defend on your property is your sole responsibility.

>The right to bear arms shall not be infringed
>>
>>693895994
If you do not like our constitution, get the fuck out of our country.
>>
>>693887167

um, no. that's still call of duty kidshit. the closest phrasing we actually use in the military to "assault weapon" or "assault rifle" is service weapon, and that's only referring to when they're used on watch. otherwise we just call all rifles and pistols "small arms"
none of the guns people call "assault weapons" have full auto
i repeat. guns used in killing sprees HAVE NEVER BEEN FULL AUTO
>scary guns are only scary because you give them scary names
-source: me, the guy that stands watch with an m16 on his hip
>>
>>693895994
I know the family of one of those cops and his family would not disagred. Criminals are a problem.
>>
>>693895813
Yea but you brothers-to-the-north have to deal with constant polar-bear raids and rogue moose-attacks. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of you that die every day from the sheer cold. I'd expect gun violence was rampant like some mad-max-esque post-apocalyptic world.
>>
>>693896299
Disagree* sorry mobile fag
>>
>>693895912
>No one can walk into a gun store and walk out with a machine gun like these people are saying.
This is true.
>>
People these days are so damn autistic i actually have to explain this...Automatic weapons aren't needed for only self defense and home protection.........It's also to protect you against the government so history is not repeated...If it ever came to that you will need high quality gunnery.
>>
>>693896223
or I can propose an amendment which is allowed by the.....CONSTITUTION!

you don't even know how to constitution
>>
File: 1461974934687.png (214 KB, 347x462) Image search: [Google]
1461974934687.png
214 KB, 347x462
>>693895994
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion
>>
>>693896115
Are you retarded? Who pays for a drivers license? The state? No, the driver does. Make people take a basic firearms handling and safety course at their cost and if they don't possess any firearms for a significant amount of time make them take a refresher. It's a goddamn gun not a fuckng super soaker.
>>
>>693895809
What makes you think I don't know anything about guns? You must think I'm some other poster.

I say we don't change any laws, but make all the guns bright, neon pink with sequins and LEDs. That way, nobody can get the jump on anyone. We'd have fewer gun deaths if carrying one was a huge hassle for the bad guys and good guys.
>>
>>693896388
i know about the mobile deal so no worries. I did not understand your comment though.
>>
>>693895477
Thought, tact, and reason? Not on my 4chan!
>>
>>693896506
I might have. Too many posts to go back and check.
>>
>>693886676
Assault rifle is used to describe fully automatic rifles or sub machine guns that can switch between automatic or semi you fuck tard.
>>
>>693895745
Because the corporations providing them do not care,what they care about IS getting people addicted to get more product,the disclaimers exist so they can say they tried to stop them. But again,you are probably a smart person,however the shooter is not,and you need to at least try to be a little considerate and maybe sacrifice for the greater good.
>>
>>693884769
>fully automatic assault rifles

full autos are banned nignog.
>>
>>693896477
Driving isn't a right granted by the constitution, it's a privilege granted by modern technology. Having to pay for a privilege is reasonable, being forced to pay for your constitutional rights is heretical. If I wanted anyone to have to take a firearms handling and safety course it would be the mates wanting concealed carry licenses. If you just have your gun at your house I don't give a fuck if you're safe with it, blow your kids face off for all I care it was your fucking kid.
>>
I don't need one, but I want one and I'm allowed to have one.
>all these muh rights fags
You're not improving the image for gun enthusiasts.
>>
>>693893984
User friendly ?
It's not a microwave.
It's a weapon designed to kill people so saying it's "user friendly" implys it can kill easier.
I don't understand the obsession of being able to kill people easier.
>>
>>693896674
Calm down, autist.
>>
>>693896364
The only major cause of deaths in Canada by legal firearms is suicide. By a huge margin, something like 78% of total deaths by legal firearms. We just see and teach gun ownership as a social responsibility not a right.
>>
>>693896746
>implying a thread that's 30 minutes old hasn't covered that already
>>
>>693895775
Need a full written report from a psychiatrist.
>>
>>693888584

legit question. name a handgun that isn't semi auto, fucknut

do you know what semi-auto means?
>>
File: stop.png (82 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
82 KB, 2000x2000
>>693884769
>But why do some of the people in your country argue they need fully automatic assault rifles to do so ?

Fully automatic weapons have been heavily restricted since the passing of FOPA in the 1980s. To own one requires that it be legal in your state, extensive paperwork, fingerprints, photo IDs, and a $200 tax stamp.

Once that is done, you can buy your automatic weapon (provided it was manufactured prior to 1986) which can cost anywhere between $5,000-$X (Supply and Demand)

What people ACTUALLY argue for are semi-autos, a technology that has been around since 1886.
>>
>>693896451
so? emotion is human and this is very much a human debate.
>>
>>693896623
I was saying that i know thr family of one of the cops killed in dallas. (I live there) and I dont think they'd blame guns for what happened. They blame the guy that went crazy and killed 5 cops.
>>
>>693896163
you have a mental block.
guns are designed to fire a projectile.
what particular projectile you use and what it is directed toward is entirely up to you. if they ONLY were designed to kill, then why are there so many shooting competitions using bullets that would be very inefficient in taking life?

you are chasing something that is only half true.
>>
>>693891159
M1 garrand was semi auto
Mauser 98k was semi auto
Lern2google
>>
>>693896746

No they aren't nignog. They are just restricted.

Learn your shit.

>>693896933
Dubs of truth
>>
>>693896921
Dsr 50
>>
>>693894276
Then why not decriminalise drugs ?
I understand what you're saying but it seems guns have a special place in people's hearts.
>>
>>693896892
No doubt you kill yourself to escape being gored by the Moose that just stomped your family to death, or so you didn't have to die slowly of frostbite. (On a serious note, that's true of the US aswell. You hear about every fucking time someone with a gun kills someone else, but you don't hear about the 99.9% of people with guns who are responsible and don't blow niggers or cops brains out. It's all media bias.)
>>
File: 1457055008958.jpg (127 KB, 385x572) Image search: [Google]
1457055008958.jpg
127 KB, 385x572
>>693896940
my rights do not end where your hurt feelings begin
>>
>>693897027

m1 is semi-auto...
>>
>>693896437
>be you
>propose stupid amendment
>get shot down by congress and silent majority
>bitch and moan on Fascistbook to all of my Marxism friends
>settle for trying to slander the NRA and gun owners across America as racists/sexists/other buzzword
>go to sleep every night thinking I'm in the right and everyone else is just wrong
>>
>>693896921
Thanks for answering the question thoughtfully. I'll clearly be taking you seriously from here on.
>>
>>693896790
But you don't have the constitutional right to put others at risk. You have the constitutional responsibility to ensure everyone around yous' constitutional rights are not being violated by your actions. Whether it's a firearm or not.
>>
Idc about mass shootings, it doesnt affect me. Also fuck the government and liberals, having guns is a right, we cant let them take our rights.

The question is why do you non americans give a shit about gun violence here when it doesnt affect you?
>>
>>693894411
I understand that the fact you know many gun owners as good people.
But all it takes is someone who is mentally unstable who has access to a wide array of guns who will destroy people's lives.
>>
>>693895477
Stfu nigger
>>
File: huck.jpg (62 KB, 625x402) Image search: [Google]
huck.jpg
62 KB, 625x402
>>693888584

Having multiple rounds in quick succession allows quick follow up shots and to address multiple threats.

They won't stand still so you can shoot them, there's not always just one bad person either. You're also going to miss. It's hard to shoot when you're jacked on adrenaline.

At the OK Corral, the famous gunfight, 30 shots were fired in 30 seconds and only a few hit their targets.
>>
>>693896921
Any revolver?
>>
>>693896721
bowing down to the lowest common denominator is exactly the opposite of what we are supposed to do.

there has been little to no "give" in the overall firearms debate since the beginning. the only time i remember the pendulum seinging away was the sunsetting of the federal awb, hell, it was shown to be a failure, but now they want to enact it again, and more.

for the greater good is a euphemism for coddling the dregs of society.
>>
>>693897444
This is like having your right to watch my little pony, it's not fucking important.
>>
>>693893984
Fuck you, shithead.

An AR-15 shoots bullets designed to penetrate through flesh, not mushroom and stop. If I'm shooting an asshole who broke into my house, I'm shooting him with deer slugs. They're big, they go bang, and they don't fucking miss center mass. Also, they don't go flying through my drywall, insulation, and exterior paneling and kill my next door neighbor.

Confirmed for gunfucknut who has no idea what to use for a home defense firearm
>>
>>693897416
You do not have a constitutional right to put others at risk, No. And you owning and carrying a gun you don't plan on using for anything other than protecting the lives of you and those around you isn't immediately putting others at risk.

The people putting others at risk with guns aren't pardoned, and no one is sticking up for them, because they're called criminals.
>>
>>693897444
But the people it does affect are the ones speaking out,not just liberals and the government who hate you,thats why, so it doesnt affect other people including you.
>>
>>693894494
And you believe that ?
Do you really think that someone could instigate a race war which is being reported by your propaganda spouting news channels and it wouldn't be stopped.
Stfu and focus on the real issues.
>>
>>693897645
i think some of those are still semi auto if not all the only gun thats not would have to be a bolt action if i remember right and that would only be blunder busts and other very old rifles
>>
>>693889597

no. nobody has automatic rifles. that's what were trying to tell you. you're literally making arguments about something you don't know jack shit about. you don't know what guns are and arent full-auto, you can't differentiate between types of ammunition, whether a specific caliber's purpose is to kill or wound, and you just assume that people who own guns are criminals... unless they're a cop, or the secret service. they cant possibly be criminals so they can have all the guns they want.
>>
>>693895551

"Assault" is a noun as well. And the term "assault rifle" designation came in to being with the German Sturmgewehr 44.

I can't believe you're really arguing that.
>>
>>693897527
>But all it takes is someone who is mentally unstable who has access to fertilizer and diesel fuel who will destroy people's lives
Insert whatever you want in the place of guns and the statement is true. Buying a gun with documented history of mental illness is a crime.
>>
>>693896437
Propose away and it will be shot down. Go to Canada or some other fag country that does not allow guns. You winey little cunt.
>>
>>693897298
Any number of revolvers or break action hunting pistols like the TC Super 14.

Now refer to this
>>693897641
>>
The Founding Fathers of the United States understood the danger of a tyrannical central government and for that reason they insured the right to bear arms. This right has nothing to do with hunting.
And yes, the Founding Fathers knew of weapons far more powerful than muskets and did not restrict their ownership!
>>
>>693896964
a much easier task to complete with a gun.

I'll take your word for it about one particular family but law enforcement folks are in favor of more gun control. I value their opinion on the matter.
>>
>>693884769
Because a plurality of people in the U.S. won't stand for even the tiniest bit of regulation when it comes to guns, and they've accepted that mass shootings and gang violence are an acceptable price to pay for their right to own whatever firearms they want.
>>
>>693897692
Uhm, EXCUSE ME? Put a .22 conversion kit on that AR-15, Slap a 60 round high-cap mag on that bad-boy and who says a .22 isn't sufficient for home defense. Saw the man in fucking half with pin-point accuracy and no recoil, plus, if any of the bullets manage to penetrate through, they'll likely be so slow and ineffective they won't break your shit!
>>
>>693897905
Some modern rifles are also bolt action. They are mostly marksmens rifles and some hunting rifles (for the sake of accuracy usually)
>>
File: Reach.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Reach.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>>693897967
How long does it take to reload that thing? How heavy is it? How expensive was it?
>>
>>693894714
What a waste of money.
I hope you never have to use them anon.
>>
>>693897692
A .223/5.56 is used by the military because it doesn't have enough energy to leave a human target or make it through significant building structure. A deer slug on the other hand will go clean through a person, your walls/doors. You're talking 785 grains vs 55 grains
>>
>>693886789
different person, but id say its just as easy to do it, maybe not as easy to get as many kills.
If you have a gun in a public setting with the intent to shoot people, everyone is gonna shit themselves whether its a pistol, shotgun, or fucking minigun, therefore same effect regardless
>>
>>693897201
What rights are being ended by what feelings? Stop trying to speak like jesus and talk like a man instead.
>>
>>693897692
>Confirmed for gunfucknut who has no idea what to use for a home defense firearm
Holy shit man. You have no clue how ballistics work. 5.56 relies on fragmentation achieved with the high velocity. A shotgun has heavier, slower moving projectiles that will continue through barriers. Light rifle calibers like 5.56 break apart when they hit, and penetrate far less than large calibers and shotguns.
>>
>>693897878
>and it wouldn't be stopped.
It would be stopped, with alot of people dead. Alot of people. It's already started, fuck boy, and if you're too busy staring at the forest's exit to listen for a tree falling on your ass it's your shit being pushed in not mine.
>>
>>693898009
no they are not you fucking tard.
http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6183787-PoliceOnes-Gun-Control-Survey-11-key-findings-on-officers-thoughts/
>>
File: 1442200307106[1].jpg (1 MB, 2000x2782) Image search: [Google]
1442200307106[1].jpg
1 MB, 2000x2782
>>693898009
>>
>>693897298

you said "over a different kind of weapon", well the only other kind of weapon is a bolt action. which means i need to use a bulky hunting rifle from the 80's just for home defense and if i mis 1 shot with it, i need to spend 10 seconds reloading it. you really don't know a damn thing about guns
>>
>>693890976
This. Nobody responded to this post because it is self-evident.
>>
>>693884769
>automatics
can't buy legally
>>
File: 4833006.jpg (95 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4833006.jpg
95 KB, 400x400
>>693897252
You know what happens when you assume you knows things that you know nothing about, right?
>>
>>693897692
You are a fucktard, AK'S and AR platforms own a shotgun for house to house or room clearing. I live in the country so no worries with neighbor collateral damage. Why do you think that military and swat use m4's?
>>
>>693884769
jeesus shut the fuck up, nobody here whinges on about your shitty teeth. Are you talking about Dallas? Homey had a fucking vietnam relic with CLIPS for reals.
>>
>>693898549
Wow
>>
>>693897854
So someone that has no idea of the basic operation of a firearm had no chance at putting others at risk? Example; loading a .357 magnum into a .38 special just because it fits? Or being competent to hold a semi automatic properly in case of a sear failure?
>>
>>693898215
i know this has little to do with what you said and theres probably a reason for it but miniguns are fucking huge mini implys small what the fuck
>>
>>693897666
I was going to respond,but it has occured to me this argument and the paragraphs I type are on 4chan and this thread will cease to exist,so you win bye
>>
>>693898505
Only retards break into houses with whole familys in it
>>
>>693898649
Here's your faggot, (You).

Or do you think Clinton was innocent of wrongdoing and perfectly deserving of the lack of criminal charges she received?
>>
>>693898813
Chill fam im surprised no one responded
>>
>>693898009
It boils down to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals we all agree on this, but not restricting access and type to law abiding citizens who only want firearms to target shoot, hunt, and protect.

As I stated before, I am a liberal gun owner. I dont see eye to eyr always with the people I vote for when it comes to guns. But Im not some crazy shoot em up conservative.
>>
>>693897905
They're not semi automatic. They don't eject casings. It's a totally separate classification of firearm. Single action and double action are also vastly different in operation but both are revolvers. Bolt action hand guns do exist though. Mostly competition shooters.
>>
>>693895477
Respect.
>>
>>693898712
i appreciated the meaningful and reasonable responses, take care.
>>
File: mushroom.jpg (43 KB, 1024x457) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.jpg
43 KB, 1024x457
>>693898212

Deer slugs are designed to mushroom within the animal so that they don't continue through the animal (Range needs to be considered as well)
>>
>>693898952
Leave.
>>
>>693897936
wait, who wants to ban guns? I'm a gun owner you. You don;t even know what my amendment proposal is yet. You exactly whats wrong with country. Just another ignorant asshole that thinks the world is black and white.
>>
>>693884769
You need a special permission from the government and several thousand dollars to own a fully automatic weapon.

AR-15s are not military grade.
AR-15s are not fully automatic.
AR-15s are not assault weapons.

Educate yourself and stop being a limp-wristed faggot.
>>
>>693898691
Again, in their own home? No. They're not putting anyone at risk except the people who chose to go into that dumb-asses house of their own accord and watch him play with his gun. And again, as i've said, if such a fuck-boy wanted to walk around with his gun, I don't disagree with a course being required for your concealed carry license. Ideally every two weeks or so they get together abunch of firearm instructors from a few different ranges and stores on a volunteer basis and host a big "LEARN TO BE COMPETENT WITH YOUR KILLING MACHINE" class so it doesn't cost a tit-fuck of money to get certified.
>>
>>693899061
No one snipes people across their living romm
>>
>>693899013
You too man,I respect your opinion at the end of all this of course.
>>
File: 1411160737247.jpg (26 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1411160737247.jpg
26 KB, 512x384
>>693884903
Nobody reads the entire ammendment. We are able to bear arms so that we may keep a WELL REGULATED milita in the case that we need to overthrow a corrupt or unjust government. Not to mow down innocent people. So, no, I don't think assault rifles are necessary for home use, but in the flip side if the government ever becomes too corrupt they will be the ones with the better weapons. Not the citizens. It's really a flawed system all around. I wanna move.
>>
>>693897936
I live in Canada and I have 7 guns. 5 rifles, 1 revolver and 1 semi automatic. So you can suck my cock when you get your precious right to bear arms taken away because of niggers.
>>
>>693884769

Because the second amendment is less about home defense but more about defense from tyranny (the founding fathers didn't want a repeat of the way the English treated them with the stamp act, etc.) The amendment also specifically refers to giving people the right to bear arms and form a militia. How can you compete with a tyrannical military if you have sub-par weaponry? Thats where the argument comes from anyways.
>>
>>693898975
well then i still don't see much of a difference between that and a semi auto well at least in the fact that you can fire quite a bit of ammo some what quickly
>>
>>693898952
No cucks allowed.
>>
>>693898212
A 5.56 will go through one side of a passenger vehicle and out the other. A very small round travelling very fast will punch through better than a heavier round travelling slower.

You noguns fucks need to learn 2 ballistics.
>>
>>693899090
Why?
>>
>>693895551
Try and buy yourself a self sustaining house.
You're only as free as the corporations who abuse you allow you to be.
You're delusional.
>>
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

^ Andrew Fletcher (1698) Scottish writer and politician.
>>
File: coppin in the USA.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
coppin in the USA.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>>693884769
Instead of asking why i need an assault rifle, explain this to me Sven: What is jamal going to do with a machine gun? We aren't exactly planet of the apes yet, so it's not like jamal can just walk around with an ak on his shoulder without drawing a lot of attention. And what is he going to use it for? Is it really going to matter weather or not the gun is a machine gun when he goes to rob a gas station?

>inb4 muh mass shootings
Nice job proving yourself to be a lemming. Mass shootings are so statistically irrelevant, you might as well ban cars, because they kill A LOT more people than mass shootings.
>>
>>693898692
I think it's because a "gun" used to be like a cannon or some shit, where as an M16 is a rifle. This is my guess at least I've never looked into it.
>>
>>693898480
Yeah, factcheck.org debunked this survey quite easily over 2 years ago. get with the times and do your research.
>>
>>693899240
WE ARE NEVER GOING TO OVERTHROW A CORRUPT GOVERNMENT. THE GOVERNMENT HAS TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND FUCKING MARINES AND SEALS AND SHIT. WE HAVE LAME SEMIS AND SHIT TIER ARMOR.
>>
>>693886789

The mass shootings you hear about were done with semi auto and not full auto firearms.

There are a total of ~183k registered full auto firearms in the united states that can only be purchased by going thorough a rigorous amount of paperwork and red tape.

of that ~183k registered weapons enthusiasts expect that in the neighborhood of %20-%50 are in the hands of private collectors/museums, defunct, destroyed, or somehow otherwise non-operational

There is no such thing as an "assault rifle".

Firearm categories follow:

Pistol(Denoted here separate as the FBI Uniform Crime Report lists it as a semiautomatic handgun)

Revolver

Derringer

Rifle

Shotgun

FIrearm Actions Follow:

Semiautomatic(Also called "Double Action" denoting the trigger being pulled also prepares the hammer)

Fully Automatic(weapons in this category are generally considered to be a Machine Gun)

(all that follow are single action, meaning you must prepare a new round and the firing pin manually for each round loaded)

Bolt Action

Pump Action

Lever Action
>>
>>693893822
i'll be glad, as long as you stand directly in front of me while i do it
>>
>>693899342
Lol okay. I still dont like niggers and own guns, but whatever. I just believe in gay marraige, equal oppritunity for education and healthcate, separation of church and state, etc. You know the non-polarized ideals people used to have before everyone went crazy.
>>
>>693898372
this survey was absolutely trashed by factcheck.org a long time ago. you're so damn gullible. lolz.
>>
>>693899168
But what's wrong with mandating a $100 weekend or evening course? You may not think that no one else is at risk in your own home, but if load a .338 lapua and accidentally fire it, your neighbor will the the one catching that. So yes there is a significant risk unless you live in a lead box with no windows.
>>
>>693899371
Liberal as in vote for clinton obama and bernie?
Yes, leave rn.
>>
>>693884769
if you're going to own a gun, why not the best one?
>>
>>693899602
I agree completely. Which is why I think the second ammendment is a little unnecessary. Like life here isn't too bad. And I'm one poor motherfucker. We don't need to overthrow them. We wouldn't be able to. You must've got the wrong message from me. I was just stating the part most people conveniently forget.
>>
>>693899090
idiot
>>
File: What.jpg (53 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
53 KB, 500x750
>>693884769
>You will never understand because you come from a different culture.

>Don't impose your culture upon us.

>Your country has a high rate of violent crime, just that the perpetrators don't use firearms.

> We the people need guns to ensure our rights are not taken by a tyrannical government. You on the other hand are a SUBJECT of the QUEEN you are her property. You have no innate rights that must be protected so the fact that you are lucky enough to own a shot gun is a miracle unto itself.
>>
>>693899275
>How can you compete with a tyrannical military if you have sub-par weaponry?

Bushmaster.
>>
>>693899742
These are universal ideas that already exist and are in place ya frickin caveman
>>
>>693899742
You're libertarian most probably then.
>>
>>693894494
The only people who think a race war is truly coming are the ones who watch CNN and other news media.
Most people are well minded believe it or not. I dont think there'd be a race war, and, if there was, it wouldn't involve everyone. Only those who choose to fight. (Plus the govt)
>>
>>693899240

lrn to english. A Clause is a segment of a complete thought.
The part that says the right to keep and bear arms is a different fucking clause from the one that says "a well regulated militia, being essential to the national defense..."

at the time, well regulated was a term that meant proficient. "well regulated" was used to describe the level at which George Washington's minutemen needed to be able to shoot before he'd put them on the front lines. it means if you're going to be in the militia, you need to know how to handle a firearm. it doesnt mean "oh em gee guys, second ammendment sais gun controll, el oh el"
>>
>>693899339
So you don't actually know the difference between a semi auto and a revolver?
>>
>>693899596
well shit, got a site for that? i'd hate to keep throwing out if that were true.

in all fairness, the two law enforcement families i have personal contacts with pretty much follow the same tendencies as this survey.
>>
>>693900004
So we have established guns are only needed for self defense.
>>
>>693896973
What you are arguing is the same as saying that archery is solely for the olympics and that bombs are just fireworks.
A gun is a weapon.
You can try to dodge it as much as you like but they are weapons.
A gun being used for target practice doesn't change the reason it exists.
>>
>>693900270
that wasn't the point my point was a revolver can still fire some what quickly so i have no idea what there wanting people to use because they keep complaining about semi auto weapons
>>
>>693900204
I was wrong then. Oh well. Still don't need automatic weapons for home defense. Props on the research though, you must've enjoyed American History class.
>>
>>693899555
>you might as well ban cars, because they kill A LOT more people than mass shootings.

Don't do that. I use a Buick for home defense.
>>
>>693899789
Because what if a man is supremely responsible, knows exactly how to handle a firearm safely and would never allow it to endanger anyone that wasn't trying to kill someone, but he can't afford a 100$ useless class. He already knows how to handle the gun, but the government says "No you cant have this thing you bought and or were given" because he can't scrounge up a substantial fee to pay them to look the other way. That's just wrong.

Finances should never effect whether or not your constitutional rights are upheld. Poor-ass people don't deserve the ability to defend themselves? And yes, you need a gun to defend yourself, that's how the progression of technology and weapons work. You need equivalent or greater weaponry to effectively protect your life, and no matter how much people may dislike it, we live in a world cock-full of guns, so cock-full that they're never going away, and that means the only way to try and stop yourself from getting shot is to be ready to shoot.
>>
>>693884769
A fullly automatic weapon in the USA caosts >$10k.

So pretty much no one owns one.

Please continue with your statement, with that knowledge. Try again.
>>
>>693884769
Shotguns are glorified BB guns that operate using powder instead of c02. Standard shells (depending on the load) have VERY limited range, and little to no penetration. Anyone with any decent body armor and an automatic rifle with a standard caliber is going to have you completely outgunned in any situation. The guns we available to us today are simply not enough to form a group that would deter any well armed threats. Semi automatic rifles are about the closest the average american can get to a practical combat rifle, but most states are instituting outright bans or heavy restrictions on these.
>>
To be honest with you they're just fucking awesome to have. And in the 1% chance that we get invaded or something you'll stand a small chance.
>>
>>693900343
I do not doubt your anecdotal evidence but that's all it is.

Again, I'm not saying they want guns banned or taken away just tougher gun laws.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/04/nra-misrepresents-police-survey-legislation/
>>
>>693899810
Obama? Sure yea against the idea of Palin VP and Bush's party's destructive economic policies.

Anyone vs Trump? Again yes.

Is it always ideal? No. Especially with the party system in place and the exceedingly radical, ultra religous, obstructive and destructive republican party.

But im probably wasting words on the likes of you. The one unknowingly destroying politically middle.
>>
>>693900450
Absolutely. Even then a pistol would suffice. The most allowed should be a shotgun in my opinion. Can't get rid of guns completely because then only criminals would have them.
>>
>>693899368
I shot a deer slug through an old minivan at around 100 yards for fun. It made a clean goddamn hole through both sides without breaking up. A .223 doesn't have enough kinetic energy to make it though people. In addition to that you can get .223 in any tip needed for your application, soft tip, hollow point, whatever. Deer slugs are extremely dangerous and borderline retarded for home defence when you can just use buck shot and not worry about penetration.
>>
>>693900712
You dont need a gun to defend yourself.
How many of you fags have been broken into while you were in the house?
>>
>>693900163
My point exactly. Yet the otherside is constantly focused on reversion.
>>
>>693888584

Semi auto for defense or hunting(especially pheasant, I can get so many more in one day with semi auto vs pump).

Revolver's are even semi-automatic now. Better to carry that for defense than a giant pump action shotgun. Even a derringer "might work" but I would rather have between 6-10 bullets to have to make sure my assailant is dead or incapacitated than 2 tiny rounds that might mist and take a while to reload.

Full auto is and has only ever been used by civilians for recreational purposes. Line up targets and spew lead.
>>
>>693900000
quints
>>
>>693884769
>fully automatic assault rifles

ASSHOLE ALERT

No rifle in the US is full auto and legal since 1934.

And "assault rifle" is nothing but a term gun-grabbers like to use. A modern semi-auto rifle is not an "assault rifle".
>>
>>693900767
just read it, it doesn't debunk the survey at all.
it only says the NRA twisted the survey for themselves.
so... the survey stands.
>>
>>693901068
What side?
>>
The point of a well armed militia is to revolt against the government if shit goes south. Most people either dont know this or are too pussy to do anything though. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>693896437
You don't even know how to GTFO!
>>
>>693892952
>protect yourself from Indians and bears and shit.

Wrong, retard. The Second Amendment has to do with the body of the citizenry, every white man, being armed and ready to stand together as a militia. The Framers knew a standing army leads to trouble.
>>
>>693901322
There will never be a revolt. The government has the biggest amount of rescources and intelligence in the world. There is nothing in any even miniscule category that the people win in besides population.
>>
>>693898577
Read above.
You can.
>>
>>693900564
again, you are putting an extra step in there.
i have many kitchen knives.
are they all weapons?
no, they are cutting tools, what i cut is a separate issue.
>>
>>693900712
If you can afford an $800 glock or even a $300 high point. Then you can afford to take a course, if you want to go the constitutional route then tax every firearm a certain amount and teach responsible gun handling in schools with that money. Or run a national program that's free based on firearm sales.
>>
They aren't overkill when it's the corrupt government you have to fight, the weaponry the military has today makes a fully automatic assault rifle useless for self defense against the government anyhow
>>
Alright so listen up libtards because I'm saying this one. Strapping the word assault on anything makes it sound deadlier. Rifle<Assault Rifle. Shotgun<Assault Shotgun. It doesn't actually mean jack shit to the people who have these guns. Anyone with some skill, a semi automatic firearm, and a few extra mags can kill some people. I live in New Hampshire, maybe it's different in some states, but here in the "Live Free or Die" state, you CANNOT just buy an automatic or suppressed anything. You need a class 3 liscence to do that. And spoiler alert faggots, those aren't handed out like the CC liscences. You actually have to be a qualified non-fucktard to have one. So to recap. Assault weapons, are just weapons. Automatic/Supressed weapons, illegal to the general population. And last but most certainly not least I will add my final point. You are right. Nobody needs these guns. People don't actually need much. So why have them? Because we want them dipshits. Whether you legitimately want to defend yourself, enjoy shooting at ranges, hunt game with them, or just really feel like a cool cat with em, it doesn't fucking matter. We're allowed to have them because that's just how it is. Deal with it.
>>
Why do I need an "assault rifle"? Nobody does. No person needs anything outside of food and water. Most people have these "assault rifles" for collecting and other hobbies, just like the majority of everything else.
>>
>>693884769
we need fully/semi auto guns to protect ourselves against tyrannical governments that equip police and military with fully/semi auto guns
>>
File: muh drones.jpg (674 KB, 1391x1000) Image search: [Google]
muh drones.jpg
674 KB, 1391x1000
>>693901593
Muh drones man, Muh drones

pic related
>>
>>693901320
Ultra conservatives. Look i dont eant to get too political in here. This is about guns not other politics. I lean towards liberal views and am progun/anti nigger. Politics has become way to polarized due to educational disparities amongst both sides of the US political spectrum. I vote and not just for president, blah ,blah ,blah.
>>
>>693901494
Thanks for the easy win in this debate.
>>
>>693901798
Conservatives believe in capitalism that actually fucking works. They believe that faggots and trannys and niggers shalt not take over the world. They believe that killing babies for peofit is fucked up and is obviously not a womens rights issue but a moral issue. They believe minimum wage should be minimum because that allows for people who do harder work to recieve the right payment.
Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 24

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.