Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

I have an IQ of 75. How am I expected to function in life? I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 256x197
I have an IQ of 75. How am I expected to function in life? I am out of my depth in any adult conversation. I know NOTHING about anything. Any time people have a discussion, I just sit there like an idiot listening because I am too dumb to come up with anything worthy of my own. I am too dumb for life. Also I have a small penis. Should I continue living?

Pic related. He is talking about me.
>>
are you black?
>>
>>688897221
Nope. White.
>>
>>688896929
just end it already fag
>>
>>688897605
Yeah. Yeah I am gay also! Man I am a lost cause.
>>
>>688896929
How old are you bro?
I don't believe for a fucking second that the intelligence you are born with is what you are stuck with. Unless your brain has an actual defect/disorder/disease or something stupid which you'd know about if you did, everybody's brain is the exactly the same thing. A biological computer.

The difference is how we use it.
You have to learn bro, you have to take an interest in something, and start thinking about it. You have to admit when you are out of your depth, and seek the actual info when interested to learn.

Over time it will improve. And it all starts by you giving a damn. This post is a great start.
>>
>>688898212
Thanks man. I am 29 years old. Graduated HS but no college degree. Wanted to go to college but wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Then I got involved in family stuff/and it just got pushed off.

I do have a few interests but most stuff I do not care about. Like politics for example. When my family hang out they discuss stuff such as this and I never know what to say. So I sit out. It is my fault, I could learn, but even if I did I don't think I could retain the information. I forget things very quickly.

It's like my mind can only hold useless information and anything useful I forget.
>>
>>688896929
since when have guys with an IQ so low such perfect grammar and spelling? so what's the average in your country? 50?

if you want knowledge go read a fucking book. if you want worthless trivia to talk about with your friends watch tv. knowledge has nothing to do with intelligence and most people are stupid as fuck because they never learned to use their brain for anything but following orders and deciding which channel to watch so you can't have it that bad
>>
>>688896929
https://youtu.be/FQFV-_YiAcY
>>
I got an iq of 112 but i'm in a special ed math class and failed science. I'm pretty social but that's only because I was in foster care and if you get a new foster brother and didn't talk to them they hate your guts. Basically, I want to kill myself too.
>>
>>688899798
Just because I can type and spell SOME words (thanks spellcheck) doesn't mean I don't have a low IQ. Yes I am guessing I have a 75 IQ. I know it cannot be above 80. If you hung out with me for a day or two you would see how dumb I am.
>>
Some stuff I did when I was in school that was very dumb:

- I thought Lake Erie was a county.
- I didn't know my right from my left.
- I remember in Kindergarten I didn't know my birth date (when all the other kids did).
- Failed very simple tests, got the lowest among the class.
- When asked what day of the week it was I would say the day of the month instead.

I am sure I have done a lot more dumb stuff but I cannot remember right now. Surprising.
>>
>>688898962
Well identifying that your learning wrongly at the moment is a good thing.

I believe that the brain stores information based off weights. The heavier the weight, the easier it is to remember. I think that weight to be based of what you truly give a damn about, deep down.

So for myself, things like actor names, or celebrity fun facts, or some video game i don't like, things that I hear or read wont stick for me. Why do I care.

But if someone was to tell me the theory behind a new warp drive, you bet that kind of shit will stick in my mind. I love Sci fi science.

There is always the old tid bit too of, you use it or lose it. Remember not using data for a really long time will make it harder to remember.

So I suggest you start by thinking about why you don't weight real world important type stuff as important? Especially now when you've come to realise that you need it for conversation.

One last thing, we live in a wonderful era, there are fun and engaging vidoes that sum up almost every topic you can think of on youtube these days. Sit around and watch some stuff when your bored. You can always learn new stuff now.
>>
>>688900380
So you didn't even take a test, you just guessed it?

Dude, you're a hypochondriac, there's nothing wrong with you. Like I said, knowledge and especially pointless trivia like the crap most people spend their time on has is no sign for intelligence whatsoever, just as "being smart" doesn't mean that you have to follow politics and all that crap. That's just what society taught you so you fit in like all those other tools.

If you don't care about all that shit the people around you care about then focus on the things you do care about and find folks who do the same. If you find something that really interess you you'll find it much easier to learn and remember it. Most of all you'll be much more motivated to do it than learning all that pointless crap at school or whatever.

So stop comparing yourself to others and complaining that you don't fit in. If you don't wanna fit in then don't do it. But stop making up crap like that IQ bullshit. Take a test. I'm pretty sure it'll be around average since at 75 you'd probably be an autist incapable of wiping his ass.
>>
>>688898962
Your brain is more powerful than a super computer. Your not dumb by any means. Dont let people tell you you cant do anything. You just need to learn how to operate your brain. Start reading. If your not a big reader start buying a newpaper and read it front to back every day. Then find a book that interests you. If you dont use your brain it will not create new neural pathways. Do puzzles. Start using that super computer between your ears. Even autists can do extemely complicated math and play musical instruments which leads me to my next tip.
learn to juggle. Studies show learning to juggle actually makes you smarter because it uses different
arts of the brain simultaneously and creates new connections. Take some piano lessons. Stop putting yourself down. If you think you can take anyone on anyone and win then you probably will.
>>
>>688901070
Thanks. I notice I don't remember about stuff I don't care about. But I wonder if I don't care because I feel like it's too complicated for me, and I won't ever get it, so why bother? For example: Politics. I read stuff but barely. Like I don't even know why Hilary Clinton is a bad choice for president. Well, kind of. But hardly. All I know is people say she is bad. And I take their word for it.

See, I am not smart enough to form my own opinions.
>>
>>688901534
Yes I pretty much guessed my IQ based on how dumb I am. I gloss over everything I have done in life and just assumed. Every internet argument I have been in I lose because I am dumb. I cannot form opinions and the ones I do I am wrong. Like for example I said a PS4 game that is online is FREE to play after the initial purchase. They came back to say that they pay for PS Plus, so the game is not free. I was trying to argue that you don't have monthly subscription so the game is free to play. Dumb argument on my end. I use this example because it is recent.

I don't engage in real life arguments because, well, I can't just stop to look up information on Google first to make sure I am right. Sucks.
>>
>>688902243
You do know your just comfertable beimg the "dumb" kid because it has become part of your identity. Did your dad call you stupid a lot or something?
>>
>>688903110
No, I call myself dumb a lot. Because I am.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.