Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Ask a guy with bipolar anything

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 21
File: download.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 225x225
Ask a guy with bipolar anything
>>
How fast do you switch from happy to a sad state and vice versa and what's the period or duration of said states? Do you consciously understands it's emotions at work?
>>
whats the name of your alter ego?
>>
>>688652115
adding on to this, how do you and other people deal with this? ever been any extremities you reached?
>>
>>688652115
It takes me months to go from a cheerful, manic state to a depressed and anxious one. I understand that it's just in my head, but I physically cannot overcome it, despite all my efforts. When I'm depressive, I can barely raise my voice above a whisper in a room full of people, but when I'm manic, I am more confident and am the centre of attention and groups.
>>
>>688652350
Other than my close family, nobody knows about it. I guess it's best because I don't want people thinking I'm crazy. My friends notice; I go from being the heart of the group to an onlooker when I'm depressed. Honestly I feel that they are more distant from me when I'm depressive. When I'm manic, it's almost as if everyone wants to be my friend, but when I'm depressed, I'm more like the lonely kid at the back of the class.
>>
>>688652467
So is it moderate manic/depressive Bipolar?
I only ask because usually the manic side of things isn't accompanied with happiness, but rather anger.
>>
Can someone explain bipolar to me?
>>
>>688651830
Is bipolar a new genre?
>>
>>688652467
What makes you get out of the depressive state or does it just kind of happen by itself?

Do you take meds? Also do you self-medicate and if so, how do various substances, including alcohol affect the frequency and intensity of the swings.
>>
>>688652467

Like all of us but do not brag or whine or put a big name on it.
>>
>>688652350
Also for extremes, I've had loads. I've been suicidal sometimes when depressed, and when I'm manic, I have had both paranoid and grandiose delusions. Like, I think I can bargain with some higher power, or I think people can read my thoughts and know every one of my secrets. I consciously know it's bullshit, but I literally cannot convince myself so. It's like if someone told you the sky was red. You'd know they were wrong, but even if everyone told you it was red you'd still see it as blue.
>>
>>688652729
oh course I can good sir
its like um
the fuck don't you know already?
god damn it gtfo of /b/ you cancerous cunt
>>
>>688652717
Yeah. The depressive episodes are the worst for me, my manic episodes are actually very mild compared to other people. I still experience delusions during them, though.
>>
>>688652887
Except I hallucinate and have paranoid delusions when I'm manic, and feel suicidal when depressive.
>>
>>688653005
Thanks for clearing it up.
I have a sister with the same stuff and it's pretty stressful, but she's taking meds and shit.
Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>688653095

me too especially when I undergo hangover. What does it make me ?
>>
>>688652868
It kinda happens by itself. I wish I could control it, but I can't. I take prozac for depression, but it can induce mania in some bipolar people. Luckily for me, that doesn't happen. I don't self medicate. I hate alcohol and cigarettes. Would try some illegal drugs, but don't want to fall down a wormhole. My father was a heroin addict and a pedophile, so I want to do all I can to not be like him.
>>
>>688653246
A drunk.
>>
File: 1464965370244.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464965370244.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>688651830
What's it like knowing you have a made up illness that just gives you an excuse to ve a sorry shit head who doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions because "lol bipolar". Fuck off faggot.
>>
It must be terrible having bipolar but I guess it is pretty awesome
>>
>>688652653
I experience the same thing: outgoing, melancholy, reclusive, random anger. I consider these normal things and have never been diagnosed. Are you self-diagnosed?
>>
>>688654386
EDGY AS FUCK
>>
>>688655487
Diagnosed by a psychiatrist. I understand that others suffer from depression and moodswings, I remember before I had bipolar, but it got much worse
>>
>>688655692
>le so edgy meme
He's right though, everyone I know who has "bipolar" disorder is just a selfish twat who uses their "condition" to get away with being giant self centered assholes. Also for that sweet NEETBUX check every month, so they're not only a drain on their relations, they're a drain on society.
>>
>>688651830
hey man!
bipolarfag here too!

how're you managing? i was diagnosed about 6 months ago and i still don't think i'm quite right.

what medications are you on? have you found them stabilising?

are you bipolar 1 or 2? craziest hypo/manic story?
>>
>>688652717
> usually the manic side of things isn't accompanied with happiness, but rather anger

not true. mania can manifest in different ways.
the two typical manifestations are one of (or both!) elevated mood and irritability
>>
>>688651830
Why haven't you kill yourself
>>
>>688655806
Ah, I see. I'm sorry anon. I suspect my sibling and I have it but neither of us have ever been to hospital for it. Here's to hoping your future surprises you with unexpected wonders.
>>
File: 1447485658434.jpg (109 KB, 960x712) Image search: [Google]
1447485658434.jpg
109 KB, 960x712
>>688652729
sure thang. bipolarfag but not op.

it's an organic mood disorder. it has a genetic basis primarily passed down through mitochondrial dna (ie maternal inheretance)
bipolar affective disorder is characterised by extremes of mood - extended periods of low, depressed mood (similar to that in uni-polar depression) and periods of elevated, expansive or irritable mood

unlike the common perception, it's not a switch that happens at the drop of a hat
i spent most of 10 years depressed with minor ~1 month hypomanic (basically a less bad version of mania) episodes

didn't get diagnosed until my first manic episode where i spent all my money gambling and on drugs and partying, posted nudes online, fucked randoms

now that i'm well, the behaviour is totally unimaginable to me. it makes me sick to think about it
but it made sense at the time

i take medication and i'll probably be on it for my whole life
as awesome and fun as mania is, it nearly destroyed my life and i never want to put myself or the people i love through it again
>>
>>688654694
i will stab you
>>
File: ireland-1734.jpg (31 KB, 420x281) Image search: [Google]
ireland-1734.jpg
31 KB, 420x281
Have you ever tried to write music/learn an instrument. It's always a good outlet when on a downspike.
>>
>>688656762
.... with copious amounts of knowledge regarding the subject, at hand.
>>
>>688656802
not op but my depressive episodes are super melancholic. i can hardly get out of bed let alone pick up an instrument. maybe at the milder end it might be better. i'd think it'd be great when just a little elevated. so much energy and ambition!

>>688656870
i'm not really sure i understand your point buddy
>>
>>688657039
I'm not your buddy, pal.
>>
>>688657150
i'm not your pal, guy
>>
Weed...
Do you smoke it?
>>
>>688657039
Even at my most defeated, I managed to get to work. Sure, I was eventually suspended for poor performance, I recovered and now religiously browse /v/. Except today shhhhhhhhhhhhh, baby, shhhhhh
>>
>>688657039
Right? I dunno, if i'm feeling really down my go to is always playing piano or attempting to write prog metal on guitar. I feel like bi-polar and depressed people strive really well when they complete something they can be proud of. I just feel like music offers that opportunity more often.
>>
>>688657247
I'm not your guy, friend.
>>
>>688655692
back to llleddit m8
>>
>>688651830
Fellow bipolar fag here.

I find anger is one of the fastest ways to ground during a minor manic state. So much so that my family will actively try to piss me off when it happens.

Have you tried this/ what is your method?
>>
>>688657539
good on you!
i wish i could say the same. admittedly, i didn't lose my job until i went manic, but then again i was only working one day a week while studying so i think i was able to hold it together
study suffered a lot.

>>688657582
that's fantastic! i wish i could do things like that when i'm down. instead my brain is swapped with a potato and i just lie in bed visualising hanging myself

>>688657590
i'm not your friend, buddy
>>
>>688652887
>Like all of us but do not brag or whine or put a big name on it.
yeah, consider you moods multiplied by 10 and you're not even close to what bipolar people are going through
>>
>>688656145

Hey!

I'm doing okay. Think I'm finally starting to come out of a long ass depressive episode!

Only on prozac right now. Might look into other medications soon though if I go hypomanic again. I've got bipolar 2. I once believed that other people were able to look into my thoughts, and that I could telepathically have conversations with other people. I'd have conversations in my head for ages :(
>>
>>688657039
>>688657539
Meant to add that I couldn't begin to understand not having the will to get out of bed. I reacted mechanically but eventually found an outlet through drugs and alcohol. Now I collect /v/ praised games that I've never opened.

Typing that, I realize I may still have some sort of problem.
>>
File: ireland_cover.jpg (501 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
ireland_cover.jpg
501 KB, 1280x854
>>688657841
Well you should try sometime /b/ro, visualize what you wanna create instead, unless you have writers block. That's when it starts to blow.
>>
>>688656083
My GF has bipolar, she's one of the nicest people I've ever met. The whole family loves her, parent prefer her to the other partners, she has a job, doesn't claim benefits.

Just thought you should know not everyone fits in your little hate-shaped boxes anon.
>>
>>688657715
Yup, they have! I can't really get angry around other people though, because I have bad anxiety. It starts to go away when I'm hypomanic, but fuck does it come back with a vengeance when I'm depressive. I do like to let off steam paintballing too though! The adrenaline rush really lifts my mood for a while, without making me have fucking delusions.
>>
>>688657715
also bipolarfag but not op

i've never tried that. fortunately i've only ever had one full-blown manic episode and i was pretty damn happy the whole time.
i'll (well probs not me bc let's face it i'll have no insight by that point) consider it if there's ever a next time

>>688657859
this

>>688657879
hey that's great!
shit about the psychotic symptoms though. are they only when you're depressed/manic? (i think hypomania with psychosis automatically gets you to mania and bipolar 1)
it's great you're able to manage just on prozac but i guess make sure you've got a doc supervising it. that's how i got diagnosed in the first place - on an antidepressant for a year and then slowly... and then suddenly BAM CRAZY
>>
>>688657039
Another bipolarfag here. Id suggest learning some simple chord progressions if you are depressed. Crying while singing feels really good.
>>
>>688658003
drugs and alcohol are the best/worst

when i'm well i tell everyone close to me how much i love abusing substances so that they know when i start getting sick and fucking up
>>
>>688656083
You obviously have never met someone manic. You are actually cancer
>>
File: ireland.jpg (48 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
ireland.jpg
48 KB, 570x382
>>688658148
samefag here: I feel like when you pursue something that you really wanna do, regardless of how successful you become. It can help alleviate the frustrations of worthlessness, cause you have a tiny spark reminding you that you're pursuing what you need/want.
>>
File: Sasha Grey.jpg (187 KB, 1100x729) Image search: [Google]
Sasha Grey.jpg
187 KB, 1100x729
>>688652729
The Earth is bipolar but flat earthers don't agree.
>>
>>688658200
thanks man this is nice

i've had to defer 2 years out of college and am living on government benefits atm

but i was studying to be a doctor. and i want to finish it.

i like to hear stories of bipolarfags doing well

>>688658447
that sounds like a great idea actually
thank you anon! i sincerely hope i will never ever have another depressive episode in my life and will never need to take your advice but hey that's not very likely.
>>
>>688657841
You've said buddy, twice. I win.

Are you able to hold down a job since you've started your meds? I fear immediate family will carry the gene. I would like to be prepared if that happens.

Dad and both uncles have tried to commit suicide. I've downed a bunch of pills before.
>>
>>688652467
>It takes me months
So you're a self diagnosed idiot who doesn't understand that a normal human beings shifts between emotional states. And an attention whore.
>>
>>688659079
it's pretty usual that bipolar moods take up month. superfast switchers are very seldom.

so just shut the fuck up and stop insulting people when you have no education or experience about mental disorders.
>>
>>688657879
Fire your psychiatrist. You're schizophrenic if you think thought broadcasting is a real thing.
>>
ITT please explain the symptomology of bipolar because I need something easy to convince the doctor I don't have BPD

>illusions, hallucinations
Not bipolar, delusions yes
>the wrong medications
>cycle times you have no idea of

Basically you're faking the schizo stuff, and the rest is a mood disorder NOS. This thread is dicks. The reason actual bipolar is going to go the way of autism until people think its just ANOTHER made up illness.
>>
File: 296621.jpg (965 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
296621.jpg
965 KB, 1920x1080
>>688659079
This >>688659308
You can't really judge a persons knowledge of it anonymously, you have literally no idea what their life has been or living situations that could affect the fluctuations.
>>
>>688659079
Get a load of this faggot, look up the time for state transition in bipolar.
>>
>>688658731

me
>>688658834

it's really hard at the moment bc what i want to do is go back and study but at the same time i don't know that i can keep my shit together long enough. it makes it hard to look forward to anything. then i start getting sad. rinse and repeat that's been my year.

>>688658955
damnit.

i lost my job after the first time i was admitted to hospital, but i was only working one day a week. i was studying full time. i've had to defer out and haven't gone back yet. it's mostly anxiety atm - but they're all linked as i'm sure any psych people know
but i will go back. i think it'll have to be next year, but i will

i'm terrified of the genetic element. there's a decent cluster in my extended family. unfortunately i'm a femanon and the meds are teratogenic (cause deformities in pregnancy) so that's going to be a totally shit time. increased risk of post-natal depression/psychosis etc as well without considered the whole ceasing medication
there are thousands of genes associated with bipolar - it's a very complex inheritance and there's no guarantee the specific gene with the specific mutation in a specific person will be passed on

i'm so sorry to hear about your father and uncle. that's awful and i'm so sorry it's part of your story. i'm also sorry you've had to resort to od-ing

so, long story short... i think the meds are getting me to a point that i will be able to return to study, and then eventually work.
i was diagnosed less than 6 months ago and we're still tinkering with doses atm. unfortunately i'm suspicious i'm going up and it feels great and that's bad.
>>
how you feelin' today, fam???
>>
>>688659742
tits or gtfo
>>
>>688659308
>superfast switchers are very seldom
very seldom, if at all
rapidly changing mood (ie within a day) is more commonly associated with borderline personality disorder - it shares a lot of similar features with bipolar and there is a lot of misdiagnosis that occurs between the two. but they're entirely different and require very different treatments
>>
>>688659557
thelepathy =/= thought broadcasting

go back to your introduction to psychology 101 and let the grown ups talk
>>
How are you?
>>
>>688659557
The given example there can quite easily fall into the category of delusions.
>>
>>688659801
not op but another one of the bipolarfags

i'm concerned that i'm going up. it sucks because i've been feeling pretty shit for the last few months and in the last 2 weeks or so my mood is going up and i'm taking on new jobs and i'm never sure if it's a good sign or not

wbu m8?
>>
>>688659649
>you can't really use the diagnostic identifiers

Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>688659880
really?!
that's the take home message??
>>
It was fun for a time, however:

>The world is changed.
>I feel it in the water.
>I feel it in the Earth.
>I smell it in the air.

Much that once was is now lost. For none now party who remember it.

>>688658547
>>
>>688660341
Diagnostic identifiers, get a load of THIS faggot. Response time was indicating you had to google some shit, please show me your knowledge with your wikipedia p.h.d in psychiatry. what were the indicators that it was false?
>>
>>688651830
Im severely bipolar too /b/ro.
>>
>>688659891
>very seldom, if at all
>rapidly changing mood (ie within a day) is more commonly associated with borderline personality disorder
well ultra rapid cyclers are a thing but yeah, really uncommon.
i for myself am a borderliner. or let's say i have strong tendencies toward borderline behavior in certain aspects and i'm working on that with my therapist. the difference i see is, that borderliners do have very fast mood swings, but it's mostly from normal to angry, upset, anxious, depressed or whatever.
the other direction from shit to maniac does pretty much never happen for me, and as i see for most borderliners. i actually don't experience a good mood at all.
>>
>>688660600
itt: we're kind of all faggots.
>>
>>688660254

it's all good on this end, fam.

people stay out of my way, i stay out of their way.

no drama.
>>
>>688660425
Read
>>688659880
>>
>>688660600
>I measured your response time
>class A, super haker

The identifiers are you/OP being steaming faggots.
>>
>>688660810
You know that only applies when someone is trying to use being female to their advantage.

The idea is that we are all anons and so personal details are only important if directly pertinent. Which in this case the gender thing was.

If you're going to claim tits or GTFO at least look up what it's for before you look like summer.
>>
>>688660914
You could've done better, 4/10. Although steaming faggots is not bad, descriptive in an odd way, but not bad.
>>
>>688660686
borderline is a really tough one. i'm sorry to hear that that's what you're working through
manic isn't necessarily positive: the main criteria are one of elevated or irritable mood, plus other minor diagnostic features
borderline is often associated with some trauma in childhood - very often poor attachment to the primary caregiver. as such, the child develops strategies to protect itself. dissociating, splitting, strong emotional responses - they're all things that were protective as a child but become maladaptive for an adult. i'm sure you and your psych have covered this but it's more for the sake of others
then there's the chronic suicidality and stuff

bipolar is totally different in its aetiology. i had a great early childhood. then at age 14 i was suicidal and spent 10 years in and out of depressive or hypomanic episodes

>>688660999
trips of truth
thanks anon.
>>
>>688659742
>>688660425
Wasn't me. I was busy quoting lotr. Give a sec to actually reply.
>>
>>688661059
Better then what? When someone covers themselves in shit to argue, I walk away.
>>
>>688661225
>trauma
yes this is exactly what happend what you describe.
>>
>>688661394
Better in the sense you could've had a logical argument?
>>
>>688661394
Did you walk back to tell us you walked away?
>>
>>688661521
With someone who jumps straight to pasta responses? You fooled me, mr.logic
>>
>>688661503
i'm sorry to hear that anon :(
but i'm glad to hear that you have a therapist. i'm sure you're making progress and you'll be able to get yourself to a place where life is wonderful
>>
>>688661629
Oh you got me.
>>
>>688651830

You CAN overcome it. You will "just" need to put in a lot of psychical efford.

Start with observing your thoughts and feelings like you are independent observer.
>>
>>688659742
Make sure planning to go back turns into actually going back. I believe in you anon.

This is exactly why I will never have kids, sibling had kids and one is already on medsfor ttroubles. Not just the genetic aspect but there are so many things that could go wrong.

I don't consider it part of my story because I mainly choose to ignore it. Try to do better than that and I've never told friends about it.

I'm sure you'll overcome it. And I hope the best for you, anon.
>>
>>688651830
how do you feel about your diagnosis?
for me it vascillates. i want to be a psychiatrist and i'm very active in engaging with stuff about reducing stigma.
at the same time, i'm constantly terrified of being judged by people for my diagnosis

idk. it was a weight off my shoulders being diagnosed because deep down i'd known it for years.
but i don't like the label. things like my bf saying "i told my mum you're bipolar". and i'm so pro-being open about mental illness. i'm so anti-stigma. but i feel this deep shame about being sick.
>>
>>688662144
thanks anon. you too

the weird comeraderie of bipolar anons.
>>
>>688661750
thank's anon best wishes for you too
>>
File: 1464917244637.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1464917244637.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>ITT: A bunch of retards hug each other over how retarded they are
Go back to /r9k/ with the rest of the mental Pygmies.
>>
>>688661723
Well then let's digress further, never mind the absolutely correct rating on your mid shit tier reply, which I could say is also copy pasta minus the steaming part which I pointed out.
>>
>>688662145
Most people I know with life mental illness hide it. Use that info how you want.
>>
>>688662435
go watching traps and bananas, faggot
>>
>>688662457
>let's
>let us
No.
>>
>>688662435
>retarded
you do realise that most of the great writers/poets/artists have suffered from mental illness?
in medicine alone, the rates of depression, substance abuse and suicide are increased by a huge amount (soz can't recall the stats off the top of my head)

psychiatric illness is like any other illness. just faggots like you think you're edgy af when you talk about them with all the knowledge of a high school junior
>>
>>688662791
>pointing out grammatical errors
>there is no grammatical error.
>>
>>688662791

this guy has a point
>>688662964
>>
>>688651830
>>688656145
>>688656673
>>688657715
>>688658435
>>688660678
Hello to all my fellow bipolarfags. BD type I here.

Why no medication time? Valproate, lamotrigine, Wellbutrin and quetiapine here.

>>688652717
Mania can be all sorts of things, none of which is sane. It can manifest as elation as well as irritability and rage. Bascially he person has clearly lost touch of what is appropriate behaviour. Characteristic is complete absence of self-awareness. It leads to very risky and stupid behaviour.

You can fuck up your life, you most often fuck yourself up as well.

>>688653095
>>688659557
Hallucinations can occur with both severe mania and severe depression. More common with mania; I had a bit of a bad phase where I ended up hearing voices before ending up in hospital.

Sucks.

>>688657277
I used to smoke non-stop for a while. Now I'm on and off. I also used to be an alcoholic. Used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day.

Weed doesn't really "help" for bipolar. It doesn't seem to make things worse either, but if you're stoned all the time it usually isn't a good sign.

>>688660686
BPD is a bitch. I knew a girl with bipolar AND BPD. She ended up in hospital a number of times for suicide attempts. We had a thing when we were both manic, it was the most tumultuous ordeal I've ever seen, we understood and forgave each other's crazy behaviour, and I still love her to bits.

Bro, I know it's fucked a lot of the time and it's difficult to control it, but there are still people who will understand, even if they're on the wrong side of your symptoms.

>>688652887
>>688654386
>>688656083
>>688659079
Hello faggots!
>>
>>688663062
hello bipolarfag!

bipolar 2 here. i'm the one diagnosed <6months ago.

originally i was on desvenlafaxine (pristiq) for depression. it was amazing. oh man i felt so good...... yeah hypomanic switch.

now i'm just on valproate and lamotragine but it's still being reviewed.
>>
Are you as mental as this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhLYZ6Wyo80

This was filmed whilst he was in the Bournemouth looney bin.
>>
>>688662964
>is always bent to argue
>the comfort in use points to a personality I do not care for.
You do not sound like someone I would enjoy "digressing" with.
>>
>>688663335
Protip no one is that mental.
>>
>>688663050
Stupid coat tails
>>
>>688663062
>You can fuck up your life, you most often fuck yourself up as well

story time?
i came out of my first and (dear god please) last manic episode having cheated on my bf and ended a nearly 4yr relationship. i then whored myself on the internet. went out drinking and doing drugs. wound up passing out and getting raped and got chlamydia. got a tattoo while i was in a psych ward. lots of new scars on my arms from cigarette burns. lost my job.

yep. great fun at the time though.
>>
>>688663627
shit that sucks. at least you din't come into conflict with police and justice system
>>
>>688663062
>Weed doesn't really "help" for bipolar
i 100% agree with you. in saying that, i smoke weed erryday. i need to start cutting back but it has become a bit habitual.
when i was super manic it didn't even make me high. it just chilled me enough that i wasn't bouncing off the walls
>>
I'm clinically diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder and have a low bias.
>>
>>688663627
Damn son. How're you doing?
>>
>>688663627
I haven't played the cigarette game in a long time. Basically, you each hold a cigarette to your skin and see who lasts the longest. Always fucked up when we did it. Have a few scars and I regret every one.
>>
I'm dating a girl with bipolar (~ one year). She knows she has it and is being medicated.
Some days I find its too much to deal with.
Is it worth sticking around or should I bail?
>>
>>688663831
yep! i guess that's one good thing! i hadn't thought of that before. i could have too - i was on a lot of prescription medication and driving.
i'm so ashamed of it now - but hey that's all part of the gig right?

>>688663885
a lot better than i was. i think i'm lucky that i was so off-the-charts crazy at the time that none of it hit me until months later.
i'm certainly doing a lot better now. not back at uni yet, but i think i'll return next year. give myself another 6 months to get my shit together

>>688664245
dammmn. that's more hardcore than me. mine was more a retarded mania/drunk brain "duurrrr what would happen if i put this out on my arm?"

pain.

that's what happens.
>>
>>688662574
>>688662949
Stay buttmad retards, and keep telling yourself you'll be the next Van Gogh, I'm sure you wont just spend the rest of your lives just being a burden on your families and relationships until you finally decide to do society a favor and embrace death :^)
>>
>>688662338
I'm not your comrade, compa.
>>
>>688663835
Splitting it up a lot and hiding it helps. I have memory issues...so you might need someone else to do it.
>>
>>688664489
>Some days I find its too much to deal with
this terrifies me so much

sorry anon i can't offer anything too helpful - i'm on the other side.

i suppose can you give any advice on how to be a better partner with bipolar?
we try to be really good with communication. i tell him if i think i might be going up and then we don't discuss it again unless he sees something that might suggest it (i can't really tell the difference between normal and hypomanic anymore)
and being depressed is just shit. i don't know what to do when that's the case aside from express that my absolute misery has nothing to do with the man i love more than anything else in the entire world.

it's so hard to see from the outside. what would help?
>>
>>688664520
See>>688658200
>>
Do you hang out with two polar bears?
>>
>>688664501
Wish it was hardcore, dummy me opened bottles with my teeth, punched in mouths of beer cans with my thumb and always drove home drunk. Scars and messed up vehicle from all of it.

It seems pretty edgelord looking back.
>>
>>688658200
>hate-shaped boxes
only just noticed this turn of phrase
love it
>>
How often do you change moods per year?
>>
>>688664501
Well. I'm glad you're getting to take time for you with a clear head. When you can see everything that is really important to you...you won't have to juggle so much. It never really goes all away...but it gets much more "mild" and you can deal with it better over time.
>>
>>688665103
That's a frustratingly hard joke to shoehorn in. It's really annoying
>>
>>688665240
haha mania is basically being a giant faggot edgelord
what is this? acting? well i'll be the next angelina jolie.
what is this? vodka? well i'd better drink the whole fucking bottle
>>
>>688664489
Only advice I can give is, keep in mind that it's not on purpose and, if the relationship itself is worth it.
>>
>>688665103
Not OP or responding bpd's but I own two pictures of polar bears and I bring them out, every winter. They're winter bears.
>>
>>688664955
Communication, groups, national organizations, local alliances

Get her to be able to talk to you and do the research/legwork to understand what shes saying.

That's what it is if you love her now.
>>
File: 1465072190549.jpg (111 KB, 432x600) Image search: [Google]
1465072190549.jpg
111 KB, 432x600
>>688665087
>>688665251
>>>Reddit
You have to go back
>>
>>688665733
Is this a Lost joke?
>>
>>688664489

this is me
>>688664955

re: the relationship issue, as much as i want to say otherwise bc i really want to side with the bipolar partner (bc i loathe to think of my bf being overwhelmed by me), but if you're having serious doubts that means something
although an illness shouldn't be the reason you break up with someone, it also shouldn't keep you together if there's little else
>>
>>688665479
I only partied to get black out shitty, even now I drink beer to get black out drunk. I consider it a failure if I'm still coherent. I never thought myself a manic, just a shitty non self-disciplined piece of shit.

I shall continue to deny, if the possibility is there, I'm not as bad as I was.
>>
>>688666056
i try to stay away from alcohol - luckily most of the people in my social circle don't drink so that helps
my big issue is recreational drugs. fucking love em.
there's a lot of cross over with bipolar and substance abuse - self medicating - for either depression or mania - is a wonderful and very very dangerous thing
>>
>>688666056
>>688665479
>>688665240
>the shillening
>>
File: your_joke.jpg (23 KB, 385x400) Image search: [Google]
your_joke.jpg
23 KB, 385x400
>>688665103
Come on, you couldn't find a picture for that one?

And before you say it
>Bi-winning motherfucker

>>688663294
6 months? Sorry to hear that, the first few years are really tough. Coming to terms with a diagnosis goes through stages. I'm 7 years down the line. It's a long ride, but just take it day by day.

You were on an SNRI? That switch must have sent you into orbit. Valproate is a type I medication though... so how bad was that mania?

Valproate and lamotrigine have literally saved my life, I really really hope they work for you. Also glad you're not on any anti-psychotics!

>>688663627
Yep, mania! I spaced things out over a few. Sleeping around, drinking and drugs came first. Never was faithful to a single girlfriend. No sleep, just getting into shit. Took the one-way ticket to the wrong crowd.

Then there was and unfortunate meth addiction that I ended up growing weed to fund, then I dropped out of university and went to the ward for massive Seroquel doses.

Trying to get my life together but it hasn't been anywhere for the last two years.

Fucking meth and cocaine are such lures for manic-depressives. They're little pieces of mania. It's a self-reinforcing cycle; they'll give you a sense of mania, then you'll end up being progressively more irresponsible... ends up wrecking your life in much the same way.

You play you pay ):

>>688663831
>>688664501
Nah, I got up to shit. Bro you're still smiling when they drag you away. It's all one big fucking joke when you're manic. God damn.

>>688663835
I know that feel. I just wish people didn't think it was so fucking cool. I need someone to tell me not to get too comfortable with smoking all the time. My psychiatrist tells me to "cut it out"; says it makes his job harder. I kinda agree.

>>688664726
My memory is a black hole
>>
>>688666553
Are you me? Haha
>>
>>688651830
>implying that bipolar disorder is real
>>
>>688666941
>implying there is anything stupid people can't ruin
>>
>>688666360
Social circles are moot if they're all squares. Eight beers in, drinking now. Holy grail is trying dmt, I hear lsd can alter the way you think. Hasn't it been tried as treating some mental health issues?
>>
>It's all one big fucking joke when you're manic.

Mania is an interesting state to say the least.
>>
>>688666941
>implying cancer is real
>implying HIV is real
>implying ebola is real

this is exactly how retarded people like you sound
>>
>>688667103
THIS ISNT MANIA FUCKIGN NORMIE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>688666510
>be me
>finally accused of being a shill
>Not even on /v/

Thought it was a board specific use, like kino or moe. In what context am I a shill?
>>
>>688667094
Autism
>>
>>688667506
>advanced baiting techniques
>the current year
ur a phony
>>
>>688666553
>Bi-winning motherfucker
just before i got diagnosed i identified so hard with charlie sheen. i used to watch that remixed video of him like on repeat kekking

>6 months in
thanks man. i love hearing about people who have made it through the pointy end and are just living. that's all i want really. work. family. etc.
i like to joke that the snri was soooo good. well, i did feel a whole lot better on it. that's been a tough adjustment too though - learning how to differentiate normal and hypomanic
i'm so glad i'm on valproate and lamotragine - even though lithium's good it would be such a colossal pain in the ass.
i was on quetiapine when i was in hospital and for a while as a sleeping pill. haven't needed it in months though :)

mania is a bitch. i try to focus on the horrible things and not how fun it was.
the drugs are my big fear. my bro had a coke addiction and although he's not diagnosed bipolar he's certainly got some mood instabilities.
i joke with my bf that i'm banned from coke. i can't even bring myself to say that about meth. i'm really lucky i have incredible supports atm.

>smoking weed
disclaimer: i am/was a med student
there's an unfortunate reality that doctors are really shit at broaching recreational drugs. even psychiatrists who should be better. "cut it out" is such useless advice. i've been given similar.
i think it'll just take a really concerted effort when i finally go back to studying. it's unlikely anything else will break the habit

>My memory is a black hole
yep.
>>
>>688667094
well yes actually

there have been a number of studies looking into hallucinogens in the treatment of complex and treatment-resistant disorders, mostly ptsd
the results are mixed and i certainly wouldn't advise the use without the guidance of a professional

i'm a huge fan of mdma. i love the feeling. i have a horribly addictive personality though
>>
>>688651830
That makes no sense.
How can you be at both the North and South pole at once
>>
>>688667789
Are you saying I have advance baiting techniques? I demand specific examples of what qualifies me as a shill. Provide them, we both have the time.

Also
>phony

Fuck yeah, I am phony. Only irl, anonymity relieves me of that burden, here.
>>
>>688668004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NIMTPYYcU
>>
>>688668004
>>688666553

shit meant this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg
>>
>>688651830
Why haven't you killed yourself?
>>
>>688668340 (You)
>>
>>688668243
Ptsd, that's it. I couldn't recall and I'll be fucked looking it up. Mdma is X, right? So far, the most addictive thing I have experienced would be relationships.

The highs are staggering but breakups have always been my downfall. About mid-way through the honeymoon phase wears out and paranoia kicks in.
>>
>>688666553
now i'm just going to dump pics that i downloaded when i was crazy bc i thought they were so funny
>>
>>688668617
Okay but what am I shilling?
>>
>>688668857
mdma is like ecstasy, but i think e (same as x, yes?) is usually a pressed pill, so it normally has speed as well

mdma by itself just produces that amazing happy connected with everyone omg touch everything dance talk well fuck now i wanna get gacked.

that's an interesting way to look at relationships. i've never really considered it like that before.
>>
>>688669105
If you don't know, that's probably better.
>>
Shills have reached critical levels.

Everyone hold on.
>>
File: 1454674282635.jpg (37 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
1454674282635.jpg
37 KB, 600x316
a classic
>>
>>688668969
But lamictal is bitter as hell. 250mg erryday for me. It helps some, but I still cycle. It's just not as extreme anymore. No side effects either.
>>
>advice animal cancer

but this is literally my life
>>
>>688669260
I didn't know there was a difference between mdma and e(yeah, that's it).

Confidence and being somewhat trashy get my foot in but when I start to commit someone, paranoia starts to creep up. I've fought it before, still fight it now. Except now, I can tell myself time has passed and they have moved on. So should I. Still question whether I was just paranoid or not about it, from time to time.
>>
>>688670158
You're kidding?
>>
>>688669743
Something something rorschach something something
>>
>>688670102
i think that's why they flavour it.
but the flavour is this horrible artificial berry thing that makes me gag every time
i'm 75bd, so 150 total. it's been ok so far but i'm not that far in yet
i've been fine with lamotragine, it's valproate that gave me horrendous side-effects
>>
>>688670102
that's the beauty though. I don't mind the rapid cycling, the issue is how extreme and varying it ends up.
>>
>>688651830
what is it like being magnetic?
>>
>>688669456
Okay but please tell me? Honestly I wasn't trying to shill a single thing. You called me out, I simply wish to view it from your perspective, what you seen to flag me as a shill.

Please?
>>
>>688670292
what do you mean?
i'm not joking about that. it's awful
>study all day
productive or manic?
>come up with idea to write
productive or manic?
>go out with friends
productive or manic?
etc etc
>>
>>688670482
Imagine Michael Fassbender standing in front of a green screen, wondering why he still accepts money to ruin his career.

You'll see the dots connecting.
>>
>>688670485
You have a false sense of what happened to yourself and you're selling an illness as something it isn't. But I suppose this means you aren't doing it on purpose.
>>
>>688651830
wat is bipolarism?
>>
>>688670843

i know you're being a douche but see

>>688656673
>>
>>688670662
Joking that memes are your life, was what I meant
>>
>>688651830
how do you both feel?
>>
>>688670998
haha right!
yeah i know right, worst existence when you identify too strongly with shitty advice animals that a 43-yr-old mum made
>>
File: ralopib.jpg (344 KB, 1000x649) Image search: [Google]
ralopib.jpg
344 KB, 1000x649
>>688670825
wrong answer
>>
>>688671092
Personality disorder, absolutely different.
>>
>>688651830
Are you gay?
>>
>>688670980
I literally dont know wwhat it is sry
>>
>>688671127
Yes.
>>
>>688670837
So, I'm trying to connect myself with an illness that I probably don't have but I don't realize it? I can get behind this.
>>
Post a diagnosis from doctor with time stamp!!!
>>
>>688671346
ahh sorry then. well then see my post, that's just running off the top of my head but i can give you more details if you'd like.

basically depression (very very sad) + mania (very very high energy - happy or irritable)

some mixture of those two

people with bipolar don't tend to cycle happy to sad day-to-day. it's usually longer cycles of months to years and there might be times of being perfectly well in the mix.
>>
>>688671492
Just like flipping a switch? I'm incredulous.
>>
>>688671551
it's cool when you leave hospital the doctors give you a diploma and everything
>>
>>688671585
oh okie thanks for explaining
>>
What's the weather like in antarctica ?
>>
>>688671740
Kek (they do too)
>>
>>688652467
It takes minutes man, you can go off in seconds sometimes, manic deppresive here. OP you sound more like you have simple depression, how high are your euphoric moments? On just the energy you spend (you become hyperactive, OCD like focused) I doubt anyone would be ablñe to keep it up longer than a few days, let alone months. And an euphoric/manic episode (as in requires emergency care) is a requisite for diagnostic... Were you diagnosed by a profesional? What drugs are you on?
>>
>>688671652
Thought you were shitposting but thanks for explaining, you fuck. And yeah, I agree with you.

Guess you never browse v.
Shill there means someone being paid to positively falseflag a product.
>>
>>688670454
Oh I didn't know there was a flavored version. I get the generic (lamotrigine) too. I also smoke .5g cannabis after meals (massfag so it's medical/legal). I haven't felt this good in years.
>>
>>688672029
shut the fuck up with your first yr introduction to psychology bullshit

you very clearly know nothing about psych.

what you're talking about sounds much more reminiscent of borderline personality disorder. see my discussion here

>>688661225
>>
>>688672278
i didn't know there was an unflavoured version! not sure which one i'd prefer tbh, the artificial flavour is pretty horrible.
i use quite a bit of weed too. when i was manic i found it really helped chill me out. now i think it's just habit.
>>
>>688672411
and also

>>688671585
>>688656673

i hope you were just ignorant and not an asshole.
>>
>>688672411
It's a psychiatric disorder fucking emo poser, your primary physician should never be a psychologist. And didn't I say I'm manic depresive my slef. When/how were you diagnosed? What medication are you on? Simple questions which you should be able to answer if not just snowflake "bipolar"...
>>
generic lamotrigine tastes fucking awful. Gotta down it fast otherwise, the taste sticks to your mouth tentacle.
>>
>>688672190
Sorry. Over here in b your skin has to be tuff enough to deflect autism.

Over here, it's used to identify people who purposefully misrepresent, or divert an issue in order to induce....well forget all that. I doubt they're paid much, if they are.

You sounded like someone doing it on purpose, I guess. Hows v?
>>
>>688671740
Every time you leave a hospital you receive a document about your diagnosis, your treatment and recommendations! At least ti so in civilized world! I dont know about Amurica, Slavia or same Mubaso country!
>>
>>688672838
he is right tho. ultra rapid cycling is very uncommon. so if you're really bipolar, your condition is extremely seldom. usually the mood swing take up weeks, month or even years. depressive episodes are often longer than manic episodes.
>>
>>688672838
ok honey bun let's rap

i'm a med student wanting to be a psychiatrist
i literally read the dsm-5 in my spare time. it's fun. it's my passion.

my primary physician was a general practitioner funnily enough. how odd.

i was diagnosed...

fucking hell here's all the story pal
>>688656145
>>688656673
>>688657039
>>688658834
>>688659742
>>688663627
>>688663294

there you go you fucking edgelord cunt.
>>
>>688656673
Differnet type than mine but this guy sounds legit... I'm calling bs on OP
>>
>>688672911
yes! sometimes i dry swallow bc i'm a massive idiot and it is so foul.

>>688673036
it was a joke pal.
obviously doctors produce discharge summaries at the time of discharge.
>>
>>688673586
Not responding poster but don't open with a passion for dsm. Esp 5 that mf is comorbid as fuck.
>>
>>688673023
I doubt shilling is real on v, being paid, I mean. I don't doubt programmers and such talk their games up on forums.

It's pretty comfy mostly and you get a feel for a videogame that's isn't just a paid review or a flavor of the month game. There is a fair share of shitposting but you learn to filter it out.

The autism is rampant there, the random name generating day spawned the entire catalog full of threads trying to land the name Anthony Burch.
>>
>>688673594
thank you, it is :\
i wish i could say it isn't.
>>
>>688673846
yes but it contains the current diagnostic criteria. studying from outdated guidelines is stupid.

psychiatry is not an exact science and every doctor is aware of that. people don't fit into neat little diagnostic boxes. the dsm is a guide.
but it is fun to read and memorise.
>>
>>688674287
>people don't fit into neat little diagnostic boxes
continuing my own thought here
this is because we're people. the brain is unlike any other organ in the body and that's why it is simultaneously so wonderful and so difficult to treat.
>>
>>688673931
>don't open
>you're wrong
These are totally different statements. Unclench your bum.
>>
>>688674999
Were talking about /v/, right?
>>
>>688674999
This post meant for>>688674287

>>688675388
Hold on, still responding
>>
>>688668004
Not American, so didn't see it until been through a couple manias. I cringed the whole way through, thinking "yep, this is what happens to people's perception of you when you're manic, goddamnit".

Hopefully you won't need that quetiapine any time soon, although I've been on and off for years. Such a love-hate with that thing. Can't live with it, can't live without it, know what I mean?

My psychiatrist is pretty old school, and I like him being a hard arse. We sub-communicate exactly how close I am to that Seroquel.

>>688668969
>>688670102
>>688672278
Bipolar Owl!

Generic lamotrigine for life, bitter powdery pills are lamotrigine EXTREME RELEASE.

>>688668552
Wellbutrin, mainly. I've also come to terms that I will always been slightly dysfunctional for the rest of my life, and will never have a normal job or romantic relationship.

We get welfare, which is great for people in countries that have welfare policies.

>>688670662
>Writing feverishly for hours into the early morning
>Re-read what you wrote when more stable
>Oh God

Man, manic writing. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

>>688671740
>>688673036
I am in some Mubaso country. No diplomas, sadly.
>>
>>688673586
I read that little book too, bipolar means you're permanently depressed except for when you, out of the blue and for reasons unrelated to how you're doing, are not... Seriously, psych disorders are not emo nice "I've seen things man" glorious... You harm yourself unknowingly and do fucked up things with real consenquences... I've been on Wellbutrin dosage so high I was stoned 24/7 which is nowhere near as fun as it sounds and I know guys on lithium, that shit fucks up your body bad... Having mild bipolar and bragging about it is kinda like alcoholics thinking their disease is comparable to cancer... If you can cope without meds/full time work then you're just a pussy calling for attention. Most faggots like that are now babied and made to feel special... Now lf you mess up relationships/jobs/family permanently and contiuously and people look look at you as on the same level as schzos who swallow their own shit (mental disorders are not glamorous) because you do have a fucking history of violence then it's a different game... Look over at profiles for cuck SJWs half of them "struggle" with something, it's like people who abuse the service animal system to bring their pets everywhere... Meanwhile I've gone on 3 days of no sleep, it isn't creative, it's just shit... "I've gone on 3 days..." I'm talking no naps and no rest...
>>
>>688674999
what? that makes absolutely no sense then. maybe you need to re-read what i said.
>>
>>688673931
It sounds like someplace worth visiting anon. My videogame selection is pretty narrow but I'd like to think I have taste
>>
>>688675769
tl;dr
>>
>>688675788
Or you could reread what I said. Good DAY sir.
>>
>>688675845
List me your collection or top five favorites and I will let you know if contrarian fags would attempt to shit all over it.
>>
File: problems.jpg (46 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
problems.jpg
46 KB, 500x413
>>688675890
>>
>>688651830
why dont you go kill u self instead of craving for atention
>>
>>688676052
Fallout 3
Mass effect series (one is best)
Fable series (2 is best)
Resident evil (4 and earlier, 4 only because wii)
Sly cooper

spoilerFF7/spoiler
>>
>>688675769
based on your writing i'm guessing you're schizophrenic
>>
>>688676444
trips of truth, faggot is schizo

>>688675769
>>
>>688675890
>You harm yourself unknowingly and do fucked up things with real consenquences
>If you can cope without meds/full time work then you're just a pussy calling for attention.Most faggots like that are now babied
>Now lf you mess up relationships/jobsfamily permanently and contiuously and people look look at you as on the same level as schzos
>Meanwhile I've gone on 3 days of no sleep, it isn't creative, it's just shit

I think anon was pointing out that severe mental illness causes real disability and isn't something to be glamorised. He was also pointing out the hypocracy inherent in pampering those with with relatively minor or even fictitious complaints, while those who need help the most are stigmatised and largely rejected by society.

Man, manic writing.
>>
>>688676348
why do you have so much anger anon?

i'm just contributing to a thread about bipolar. i haven't been preachy or asked for attention or sympathy.

if you don't like the content of the thread you can just leave.
>>
>>688676358
>talking about any random topic
>perfectly fine
>talking about mental illness
>craving for attention
>>
>>688676444
hur dur... fucking fake
>>
>>688676720
What anger? I'm flat out calling you on your lies
>>
>>688676712
Nicely done, anon.
>>
>>688676712
i linked him the stuff i'd written here, which stated how

>drank and did drugs, passed out and got raped
>hospitalised and still on medication. probs will be for life
>i've had to defer out of uni and broke up my nearly 4yr relationship. i'm 6 months into this shit and i'm learning how to create my life again

i'm just not sure of his point. i think he needs to feel like he's had it worse than everyone else but he does so without reading anything, just getting very angry
>>
>>688676730
If you're just arrived, this is /b/.
>>
>>688676862
still just not clear on what you think everyone is lying about
you're not the only person who has ever been diagnosed with a psychiatric illness honey
you're accusing other people of special snowflake syndrome but you're the only one thinking that you're special and different
>>
>>688676422
They praise New Vegas over 3 and 4, but to me 4 did everything 3 did but better.
/v/irgins Talk shit about the ending of three.(one is the best, loved the elevator loading screen)
Never got the chance to play Fable. It's hardly mentioned.
Re 4, I bought three different times on two different consoles. 5 was okay, coop. Never bought six. It's mixed. 1-3 fans hate 4, 4 fans call them grandpas. I like both. The remake is considered amazing.
Sly is remembered fondly.

FFVII was my first, XI is best girl, though. Everything until X or higher is considered gold.
>>
>>688676862
anyway you probs did this on purpose bc b but it's sad how you derailed what was a really nice thread.
there are a lot of good people in the world anon
i hope one day you see that too.
>>
>>688677107
yeah i know this for a long time. i opened a thread in the past (i'm that borderline-fag) and it was filled quickly with such comments.

this thread went pretty well actually
>>
I believe your doctor told you that you suffer from bipolar disease.. Nothing more..

You are just an infantile attention whore.
>>
>>688677051
A lot of people use mental disorders as an excuse for fucking up their lives, it's easy really as other than ruling the easy organic stuff psychiatrists pretty much take you on your word... It's also the reason that they'll prescribe fucking candy up until the point when you become a danger to yourself or others. Bipolar isn't like you get triggered and your "powers" emerge, you're not a fucking mutant. No prior history?
>>
>>688677799
>prescribe fucking candy
this is very important. there's quite a misconception regarding psychotropic medications.
when prescribed appropriately (!!! this is important. unfortunately a lot of doctors are very shit at psych and prescribe antidepressants willy-nilly, and that affects the results of studies)

>Bipolar isn't like you get triggered and your "powers" emerge, you're not a fucking mutant. No prior history
melancholic depression since age 14 (onset of depression in childhood/adolescence significantly increases the chance that it's bipolar)
significant family history
in retrospect, a number of hypomanic episodes that no one picked up on
it wasn't until i went full-blown manic and nearly ruined my life that people realised something might be wrong
>>
>>688677396
Vegas was 3 for fans who wanted rpg. It was in no way better, just custom. 4 looks amazing, but a lot of it makes little sense stacked against the sheer engineering grade programming of 3.

ME3s ending is only shit if you're a virgin who didn't play the series. It's a self rewarding/fanservice series. Play the whole thing and pay attention.

Yeah co op was fun. But that was probably what carried 5. Especially since it was a "too little too late" feature.

I liked the original RE engines (silent hill) where camera and environment tactics made things scary. Real scary, not jump scares.

FF died after 9 imho.
>>
>>688677799

me
>>688678221

>an excuse for fucking up their lives
i think there is definitely an argument that can be made for people stepping in to the "sick role". it's easy and it's comfortable.
most of the people i met in hospital don't work and live of a disability pension
i'm not like that. i will go back to uni. i will graduate. and i will make a better doctor for all of my being fucked in the head.
for now i've had to make the decision to postpone studying because, yes, bipolar can be triggered
not the illness as a whole, but depressive or hypo/manic episodes can be. i'm still not confident enough that the added stress of full time study and sleepless nights won't tip me over again.
>>
>>688677258
Because I fucking hate that shit about good moments and being creative, it's like people who think autism automatically means you're more intelligent, being introvert means somehow you're more caring, etc. It comes off as if you were discussing a fucking lifestyle... And in all fairness OP got agressive just for me asking legit questions.

>>688677407
I'm done, you can go back to bukkake OP...
>>
>>688667377
go outside
>>
>>688678331
Fable...what else, alludes to classic fables while introducing the timeless power cycle of man in an easy to interpret, loaded with easter eggs fashion.

Gamer bible.
>>
>>688678535
>good moments and being creative
i was actually the one who refuted that
i think it's wonderful that some people can channel those horrible feelings into something beautiful
me? i channel it into lying on my bed unable to move for days at a time fantasising about hanging myself
people experience illness differently. their experience isn't any less legitimate than yours.
>>
File: 1454077632702.jpg (186 KB, 615x800) Image search: [Google]
1454077632702.jpg
186 KB, 615x800
>>688651830
my ex has a child and mistreated it regularly (broken bones etc)
then she was diagnosed bipolar
still went to jail for the full duration
crazy bitch had it coming
and no, she didnt have the child yet when we were dating

could she have faked it or is there a real way to diagnose this shit other than convincing the shrink?
>>
>>688677051

>>688656673
>>688659742
Those seem like pretty legitimate concerns, Anon. Remember this all sounds very foreign to people who don't know much about manic-depression. People may also have their own experiences with mental illness that have affected them deeply, so often you are both passionately convinced you are right, but don't share a common set of "facts", so the discusion becomes a bit confused.
>>
>>688678331
Totally agree with everything you posted. Check out /v/ for old or niche titles that you would have never thought to check out.

Your opinions reflect anons who post wholeheartedly, seriously, browse the catalog every once in a while. You'll find something worth reading.

Came to /b/ for faps, left with restoration that this isn't just a cancerous board full of edgelords. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>688651830
op, borderlinefag again.
there were a 2-3 years periode in my live, in which i was entirely out of control and fucked up nearly everything.
i wanted to write this story and ask for your opinion what actually happend back then and if this could be a manic episode.

but i have to leave now. could you provide me with a shitmail-adress where i could contact you later this evening or tomorrow?
>>
>>688679265
i'd say it's unlikely she's faking it
psychiatric examination involves intense review over an extended period of time. yes, some people are able to lie their way through but one would hope a gifted doctor could tell the difference
but medication is usually where you can tell. people with more organic disease (schizophrenia, bipolar, melancholic depression) tend to respond better to medication than more psychological-based issues
she might have other issues combined with her affective disorder, such as an underlying personality disorder. if she's abused a child for years, i'd say there's a decent chance she has some maladaptive coping techniques
but bipolar can be characterised by anger, irritability and loss of impulse control. so yes, it's 100% feasible that that's what she has
but good that she's in jail. if she was cognitively intact there's no excuse for her behaviour.

>>688679305
thanks anon, that's actually quite helpful. i think i got a bit butthurt there.
>>
>>688679265
>a real way to diagnose this
well, i mean a psychiatrist is a real way.
but if you're talking about imaging, there are some interesting results on f-MRIs to do with activation of certain areas of the brain... i can't recall off the top of my head. it's 3am here. i'm sorry.
but that's just not feasible to do with every patient.
>>
>>688651830
my girlfriend has it she basically just broke up with me after telling me she was suicidal and another guy is her best friend what do?
>>
>>688651830
You're not bipolar idiot. Its called emotions. They go up and down. Its ok to feel super sad, and its ok to feel super happy. Stop letting psychology pop-culture trick you into feeling some weird feeling that you're in some way broken and not working properly.

The possibility of what influences your actions and thoughts and every single detail of existence is far too complex to think we have even the tiniest understanding of it, the moment you do you get all confused and weird and shit.
>>
>>688680718
shush
>>
>>688679265
>could she have faked it
Yez
>real way
Shrinks are real. But good/bad shrinks are like 50/50. Finding a good one is part of today's issues. They hate the phrase shrink.
>>
>>688679265
You don't convince a psychologist, you are diagnosed by a psychiatrist based on a set of symptoms. Once you've seen how bizarre and out-of-touch full-blown mania or psychosis is, it doesn't seem like you could fake it.

I once took someone to the hospital who had just gone manic. She laughed her way through the MMSE, a series of tests for dementia. She thought she did fantastically well. She didn't even know or remember that she basically failed it. I remember filling out the paperwork because they had already taken her to the ward.

Doesn't excuse any behaviour though, and you have to deal with all the consequence of your actions, even if you were out of control at the time.
>>
>>688681013
>even if you were out of control at the time.
99% agree with you
the person you're talking about though
once you're cognitively impaired you're really not responsible for your actions.
>>
>>688680718
>The possibility of what influences your actions and thoughts and every single detail of existence is far too complex to think we have even the tiniest understanding of it,
Bra, you ARE pop-psychology
>>
>>688679508
>the day I was raised from perdition and ascended unto /v/.
>>
>>688681280
amen, father.
>>
>>688681223
>you are always responsible for your corn husks actions until we turn you into soylent green
>>
>>688681223
Materially responsible, but not morally responsible. The question is always, is that enough to forgive? For most people, it's not.
>>
>>688651830
Are you type 1 or 2?
>>
Haha what's going on in this th--
>>
Well come on faggots.
>>
>>688681013
maybe she did do well... maybe it was fucking hilarious...
>>
>>688683242
>my exact thoughts
>>
>>688681766
Checked. Later taters.
Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 21

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.