Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Any other military in here? 12 years service, The Yorkshire Regiment,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13
Any other military in here? 12 years service, The Yorkshire Regiment, British Army. Came out on the 10th of March this year. All you not in the military, why the fuck not?
>>
I have a real job
>>
>>686807694
We're educated and we've got at least half a brain.
>>
>>686807830
No you don't, you're a pussy.
>>686807981
I guarantee I have more qualifications than you
>>
>>686807694
i was thrown off the program cus i have ADD. and the Danish army didn't take people with this disability because of some accidents.
>>
>>686808238
Ah that sucks, dude! I was lucky and was never diagnosed. Fairly sure I have it though
>>
>>686808159
>qualifications
>military

Pick one
>>
I applied when I was in university, did my physical and mental examinations, they asked for references and I sent them 5-6 in the mail. 4 months later I get my letter back, and apparently it never got there. I figured after 4 months I'm pretty fucked and I didn't know how to get around to explaining it, or who to even explain it to.

Now I'm working carpentry and steel construction and I'm moving to Jamaica in January to live a homestead life.
>>
Not sure I can buy the indoctrination and utter love for country that comes with it, generally speaking. Or that's at least sold in boot camp/basic training/whatever.
>>
>>686807694
Norwigian compulsory military service, of the combat squadron here.
>>
>>686808238
Move to Canada. My friend has ADD and takes prescription drugs for it. Not sure if Ritalin or adderall, but he was with them for 4 years.
>>
>>686808431
it was my dream job since i was a kid, and they robbed me the chance. i have fallen in and out of educations and are finally close to completing something..
What i really should have done was move to the US or something, but then i wouldn't be the same, because it wouldn't be my country..
>>
>>686808561
Got most of them before I went in, 14 GCSEs, 2 AS levels, then while I was in got Key Skills Maths, Science, English, Parachute Instructor qualifications
>>
>>686808842
i know, or the US. any country almost would greet me with open arms if i say i wanted to be a soldier in their army... but it wouldn't have been my motherland i was fighting for.
>>
>>686808724
Nice! I can't imagine National Service!
>>686808636
It's not really like that here. More of a regiment pride thing
>>686808877
What happened if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>686807694
I'm trying to get through college. If that falls through, I'm enlisting. Hell, I may enlist anyway after college, just to get some discipline and experience.
>>
>military
>Posts pic of fictional super hero
>Delusional faggot
>>
>>686809353

Eh, anyway, I'm through college now and have a career I don't want to put on hold.
>>
>>686807694

Fuck yea. Was in Iraq for quite some time, shit was cash. Now moved to Europe from US of A and enjoying easy life. Man, do they get it easy in Europe compared to USA.
>>
>>686807694
imperialist scum
>>
>>686809550
Delusional how?
>>686809744
Fair enough
>>686809768
US sandies are dog shit though compared to ours
>>
>>686809353
nothing happend to me, other than i developed a slight alcohol problem after rejection. But there was a indecent in the danish army that got most publicity, where a guy with ADD was cleaning a gun mounted to a jeep, and it went off, and cleaned another soldiers head of hes shoulders.. It was loaded, stupid individuals like that ruind it for the rest of us.
>>
>>686810121
Speaks volumes about the Danes that they clean their weapons loaded to be fair...
>>
>>686807694
Because my country actually goes to war. You stay on base and do chores. Thanks for that. Woops, today is memorial day and you're not dead. Does dead inside count? :^)

Fucking elitist Britbongs pretending they're still important to the world around them. How sad. When was the last thing you've done anything? I mean, aside for taking the piss outta someone for not being from the UK? Seriously, if being born in a region of the world is what makes you so prideful, it makes me wonder why you think the US is stupid, when they're smart enough to admit that their country isn't perfect. If anything, Europoors come off as more delusional than any America flag-wearing redneck and that's downright pathetic.
>>
I think that it would be awesome but I'm not going to rusk my life so that old rich white guys can get richer or play "who has the bigger dick". Plus why fight for a country that still thinks of you as inferior? I'm not going to be a pawn. No offense to soldiers I actually respect you and know that you think of it as a duty or honor but how things are now I don't see it as that. Fuck the politicians.
>>
>>686807694
18 b USA
>>
>>686810684
is it known that danes do this?
is it too late to join the army at 25?
>>
>>686810779
Sorry mate I haven't done 2 tours of Iraq, 2 tours of Afghanistan and Active Duty in Kosovo at all...
>>
>>686809998
>Delusional how?
You think you're some hero for enlisting in he military in this day and age.
All that says about you is you want to get a free ride from the government.
You're not a hero, you've never done anything heroic. Real heroes weren't sitting at base in Iraq while drones drop bombs on towel heads. Real heroes dont compare themselves to captain America, and real heroes don't Pat themselves on the back for doing their fucking jobs. This generation of millennial military are pathetic.
>>
my country is not at war. pussy.
>>
>>686807694
They wont take me, my left hand is fucked, shit sucks
>>
>>686811081
>implying you've seen combat
Kek do you have over 300 confirmed kills with just your bear hands too??
>>
>>686811063
No it's not. Lad in my training platoon was 32. If that story is anything to go by, yes it is
>>686811235
I don't think that I'm a hero at all. But I sure as hell don't sit in a base in Iraq like a fucking REMF. I'm fucking frontline, sandbag ans proud. Fucking pussy.
>>
>>686811443
said the man, as he unpaused hes call of duty, shouting for hes mother to buy more Doritos on her way to the mall.
>>
If you were really in the military, you would know why the fuck not. Or maybe the British army is far enough away that it isn't pure hell.

USN here, regretting every minute of it. Damn 6 year contract.
>>
>>686811081
>Sorry
>I haven't
Canadian confirmed.
>>
>>686807694
I'm actually enlisting soon, I took my ASVAB and am now awaiting a waiver to pass before I'm able to go to MEPS. :) U.S. Army btw
>>
>>686811443
Not yet. Give it until November.
>>686811526
lmao no but I have seen combat
>>
>>686811643
British. You can tell from the sarcasm
>>
Most countries are not at war and modern war doesn't hold much risk if you are from Amurrica, so military careers can be quite nice IF you choose both service and specialty with care.

Choose wisely, retire youngish, never have to work again and surf /b/ forever.
>>
>>686811778
Good on you mate
>>686811623
I know a lot of guys that feel the same over here to be fair. It's all bullshit and polish. And lies. Lots of lies. And fuck the RMP. 4 year contract over here
>>
File: military.png (354 KB, 966x821) Image search: [Google]
military.png
354 KB, 966x821
>>686807694
Fuck the military.

You fags and your stolen valor bullshit. You wouldn't have to worry about people stealing your valor if you didn't have some expectation of a fucking handout just for showing up to your fucking job.

"I served, I deserve servicemans discount!"

Fuck you. You know what you deserve? Being shown the fucking door when you apply for a job. Undertrained, stiff and totally useless. in the private sector, always acting like it should be run like the military, because it's the pinnacle of efficiency? An entire organization full of niggers, spics hillbillies and retards who couldn't hack it in the real world, so they joined the one organization that wouldn't turn them away.

How honorable.

But you protect us, right? You're fighting for our freedums! And failing to achieve victory in every war since WWII. Way to go. Mission accomplished! You get a participation trophy!

Idiots.
>>
>>686811623
>USN here, regretting every minute of it. Damn 6 year contract.

What job? Ya ought to get shore duty at some tasty NATO base like Rota. There are many ways to serve.
>>
>>686807694
physically unable.
>>
>>686807694
I'm on the way to a $96k a year science job (a real job) and I don't take pride in killing my fellow man. Have a nice day wasting your life following orders.
>>
>>686811778
JAYSUS KROIST! Join the Air Force instead. Most of your career will be spent in peacetime. If you can't score high enough for AF, at least try for a decent career field rather than bullet sponge.
>>
>>686811778
Turn back now. Quickly.

Wait, never mind, you need an ASVAB-based waiver. You'll fit right in and enjoy it.
>>
>>686812139
Valor thief alert. We definitely aren't undertrained and we definitely aren't useless. Just because we, with "no qualifications", can do your job better than you can, doesn't mean that we shouldn't get a fucking job. I left a £22,000 a year job at 17 years old to join and go down to what was at the time just over £1000 a month.
>>
USN vet
Five years active
Seven deployments
60% rating

I've got my t shirt
>>
>>686812438
I dont plan on getting an infantry job, And my overall % score was 57 on the ASVAB.

I also have tried to join the AF but I have a DUI on my record and it was just more of a pain in the ass.

>>686812657
Why would I turn back on an opportunity such as serving my country?
>>
>>686812139
Let the butthurt flow through you.
>>
>>686812353
Fair.
>>686812400
Faggot.
>>
File: 1464440878275.jpg (90 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464440878275.jpg
90 KB, 1600x900
>>686812400
>science job (a real job)
>>
>>686812139
Have you ever operated a nuclear reactor?

No?

Then you don't know a damn thing about my job or whether its useless experience for civilian applications.
>>
File: dead_soldier3.jpg (77 KB, 380x253) Image search: [Google]
dead_soldier3.jpg
77 KB, 380x253
>>686812870
"Knock Knock"
[who's there]
"Not this drain on society, anymore"
>>
>>686812195
Nuke electrician.

Our shore duty is pretty much "You go be an instructor in a moored boat until they kick you back out to the fleet."
>>
>>686813155
I'm guessing you're a spoilt little bitch, or you're bait. You tried.
>>
>>686807694
Because engineering
>>
>>686807694
I love sleeping with wives of military men. So easy to get in their pants especially the ones with husbands over seas.
>>
>>686813016
Yeah. Huge job opportunities in the private sector for that.

I'm sure you'll be applying to Bear Sterns for their Nuclear Engineer Position.

Or, more likely, you'll go to one of the boonie shitholes where they let people build reactors, promise to suck dick before ultimately being rejected because there are no more positions, spend a couple years drinking, beating your white trash girlfriend, lose your trailer, and finally end up like every other veteran: Holding a cardboard sign that says "Veteran. Please help. God Bless" and shaking a beat-up starbucks cup at me on my way to work.
>>
>>686813691
No shit. When man is fighting overseas, pusdies that stay back comfort each other.
>>
>>686812806
Yeah, USAF are more anal about morality waivers.

Career NCO here who never confused serving Wall Street with serving the rest of Americans, but the .mil world can be a very good job.

Hang for at least 20 for that beautiful check, and if you pull a few extra years for the pay bumps you may never have to work again. I paid off my bills and house (BAH GTW!) and work when I find something entertaining.

Ignore peer advice while noob, seek out smart NCOs who want to mentor young troops. Emphasize you are in it for a career.

BTW it's common for other branches to change services after their initial enlistment. Only ones I've never seen in AF are Coast Guard.

There is a lot to learn besides what they teach you. If not decided, medical fields have best outside futures. Aviation maintenance is great if you are a gearhead. (Always work on VALUABLE high tech systems, and do NOT volunteer for anything in transportation or law enforcement except possibly OSI.)

Have fun. Be smart. Avoid stupid motherfuckers. They will drag you down.
>>
>>686813691
So you can only get with girls at their loneliest and most emotionally vulnerable?
>>
>>686813691
>implying there has been anything worth fighting for in the last 100 years
>>
>>686807694
I applied back in Jan, main board at the end of the month. Any advice? I'm not a cunt
>>
>>686807694
lol you fought for you country to be taken over by sandniggers. whatever happened to protecting the country from ALL threats, foreign and domestic. you're just a welfare recipient that actually might have to do something for your check once in a while (like die where they tell you to)
>>
>>686813212
You should be set for a civilian career. BTW six years is damn near 1/3rd the way to retirement. Soak up more schooling and retire grossly overqualified, then do what you want since no have to work.

No matter how annoying the .mil world may seem at times, it all goes away at retirement but the money is for life.
>>
I'd like to thank all those in the military for their service. Cheers.
>>
>>686807694
I fully support men in military. Sometimes I like to dress as one too just to get discounts at mall and let people pay my dinner for me. Without them this wouldn't be possible so keep up the good work!
>>
>>686807694
I was a soldier like you once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
>>
Stop acting like you are so fucking great, Military is just another fucking job nigger
>>
File: militarywelfarequeens.jpg (93 KB, 553x700) Image search: [Google]
militarywelfarequeens.jpg
93 KB, 553x700
>>686814126
I'm sure he can, but why go hunting for your dinner when there's a taco bell next door?

Servicemen always choose the lowest common denominator when it comes to women. You always hear the stories about their boyfriends, off sitting on their ass picking their nose in some arab shithole...i mean proudly serving our country..and their girlfriends are fucking multiple guys the moment he's on the plane.

Because not even cheap whores can respect a serviceman. The people they disserve back home certainly don't. But boy will you dipshits bitch and moan about it if you don't get free stuff.

You're worse than niggers.
>>
>>686814019
Thanks for the advice. I plan on getting a job in the 19 series (19M specifically). I've made it clear to the CO in my area that I plan on making the military my career. And all the SGT's that I've worked with all have been very helpful with me and getting everything moving.

Thank you for your advice, I'll keep it all at mind.
>>
>>686807694
They won't let me join the military because of my psychosis. I want to feel alive.
>>
>>686814422
Don't jack on your muckers and you'll be fucking sound. Training is a lot of bullshit and the whole career is a lot of lies. I'll clear up some of it here for you. You will go on exercise a lot, even at battalion, you will spend every friday cleaning your weapon.
>>686814451
You're a pussy
>>686814552
Much thanks, man
>>686814629
You're a faggot
>>686814722
What's your job? Also I'm white?
>>686814770
I've never complained about not getting a discount, I rarely ever used my discount and I don't know many people that did. Also I'm married with 2 kids that look just like me so there's that for you.
>>
>>686808561
Said the edgy 12 year old.
>>
>>686813770
You don't even troll well. Power plant techs don't grow on trees and they can make serious cash. Fun fact is you can transfer nuke plant skills to conventional. Steam turbines don't care where their steam comes from.

You seem full of amusing young cunty anger. It won't offend G.I.s as we are used to levels of woofing at work which dwarf your plebshit. (It passes time on deployments.)

Try harder.

BTW America adores war and thanks to the All Volunteer Force no one is inconvenienced by those wars who doesn't want to play. Thank us for helping make fun airstrike videos. :)
>>
>>686814422
Visit firearms forums with a lot of (real) vets and active members. Visit military forums.

Learn what SPECIALTY you might prefer. The "military" is not generic. You could be the only straight male in a Med Group full of young sloots, or you could be stuck driving honey trucks in some hellhole where they haven't contracted that out.

Learn the many ways to serve. Learn to advance your career.
Ask experienced NCOs. Many are fucking amazed when they get someone who gives a shit about their own future.
>>
If you wanna "serve" the people in your country whilst being physically fit here's an idea.

Be a fireman. You get all the glory, all the adulation and adrenaline without that mucky dropping 1000lb bombs on a Iraqi school yard so that dick Cheney could get wealthy from reconstruction contract.

Fireman are worth 1000 drone ass soldiers
>>
Top tier
>Navy
>Airforce (Pilots)

Okay tier
>Airforce (rest)

Bad tier
>Mechanized
>Marines

Pleb tier
>Army
>>
>>686815466
:)?
>>
>>686814840
Good for you, and I'll leave you with this:

Want the military to suck less? Be the fucking change you want to see.
>>
>>686807694
Because I was hospitalized in a psych ward and don't want to go mess with arabs
>>
>>686815288
Sadly it's true. I work in information security, and every candidate I have seen fresh out of the military, I have rejected. They're 5 years behind on things, at least. They often don't fit well in the private sector, insisting things be run like they do in the military, not realizing the private sector doesn't benefit from their rigid regiments. And while they know what attacks are (cross site scripting, sql injections, CSRF etc), they couldn't tell you how to execute them or recognize one in the wild. Not sure why, but every candidate we asked never could.

So these days, when I get a resume for someone fresh out (or at least within the last 5 years) of the military, I circular file it. i don't even look.
>>
>>686816095
You're either a REMF or a faggot RAF Reg or some shit like that
>>
>>686816095
I love how the various armed services show disdain for one another, with nicknames and generalizations, never realizing they're all scum.

And it's not like the reputation isn't deserved. I'll change my tune when someone can show me one of the following within 5 miles of a military base:

- A decent resturaunt
- A clean public bathroom
- A 12 year old virgin
>>
>>686815276
I tend to get on with people and as I said I'm not a cunt so I'm hoping to lead a platoon effectively. Cheers for the advice. What lies can you clear up?
>>
>>686816636
Royal navy, but not in Britbongistan

>>686816730
>Never been to any of his majesty's ships
>>
>>686815276
>What's your job? Also I'm white?
I am a doctor, but I dont act like I fucking need attention 24x7.
I treat people and earn my living, thats it
I dont expect people to worship me
>>
Wanted to join military as teenager. Got into accident, disabled somewhat. Tried to join anyways. They kindly said no. It's too bad there aren't opportunities for disabled in the military, but I understand.
>>
>>686816730
Catterick, Yorkshire. Home of one of the YORKS batallions and the entirity of the ITC. The whole city is military and it's just like any other city. Restaurants, hotels, cinemas, shopping centres, leisure centres.
>>
>>686815983
Cheers mate. I'm lining up visits after main board. I want to be in infantry
>>
>>686816043
Plenty of firemen are prior service or current Guard or Reserve troops. (The military usually has much better benefits.)

It doesn't matter what you are "worth" in subjective moral terms to some little angry bitch on /b/. That angry bitch ain't gonna pay your mortgage.

Many highly capable people make military careers. Of course they don't care what some angry scrub thinks. Like any large organization you'll have some shitbags, some heroes, and a lot of folks in-between.

BTW after working at a community college post-retirement, I will NEVER make jokes about "military intelligence" again. The PC silliness and ivory-tower ignorance was mindbogling. At least they were smart enough to hire many vets with education and training experience (constant training trains to train). It paid off for them and they are very pro-veteran.
>>
>>686816967
You'll be told that you won't go on exercise outside of training. It's a lie. A lot of the time you'll be told you'll go home on the weekend and it'll be a lie (When you're at battalion). Most of your time in and out of training will always be admin.
>>
File: dead_soldier.jpg (86 KB, 380x253) Image search: [Google]
dead_soldier.jpg
86 KB, 380x253
>>686816971
The british military doesn't count. You guys have fucking wizards. Plus, you're british. Socially brits aren't even the same species as american military. Plus, your soldiers don't wrap themselves up in their flags and demand everyone pretend like they didn't spend 4 years picking their ass when they got shipped out to some arid hellhole.

They got shot at once and now they have PTSD. People on the south and west sides of chicago call that Wednesday.
>>
>>686817504
We have wizards?
>>
I'm not in the military cause there all like a million other ways to be almost eligible for welfare.
>>
>>686816406
Military tech schools for computers (not avionics or other systems, but computers) will always lag what an enthusiast can learn on their own because computing changes so rapidly only enthusiasts will make the choice to keep up.

They should have stayed in then hunted a GS slot after retirement, and the military should outsource INFOSEC.
>>
>>686817504
As I said, NOT british

I do however love the fact that Americans praise their military and considers them Top-tier in the world, when every exercise/operation I´v ever been to involving Americans, they´ve showed themselves being utter shit at almost everything, except boasting.
>>
>>686818555
Exactly right. Like I said. American Sandies are dog shit
>>
File: 1463297213041.jpg (159 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1463297213041.jpg
159 KB, 840x623
Yo I'm about to enlist but I'm afraid of life after service I dont know what I'll be able to qualify, for what do you do?
>>
>>686819662
OP here. Right now I do admin in a law firm, just decompressing for a couple of months and then going to open a gym
>>
>>686819662
Either you´re in for life or you make sure you get something which gives you good qualification, like mechanic.
>>
>>686814210
Killing sandniggers? 100% worth it
>>
I'm in the Military and have a BSc in Astrophysics, another BSc in Mathematics, an MSc in IT Management, currently doing an MSc in Data Analytics, and have an ordinary degree in Leadership and Contemporary Security. All accomplished before the age of 33 and whilst having served overseas three times and having done lots of cool shit. You're all wasters
>>
>>686820105
Did you have a prior education to you service?
>>
>>686819662
A good start would be not starting your sentences with "Yo".

Stop talking like a nigger. Learn to articulate yourself. And study up. If you apply yourself, you don't have to be stuck in the military with other retards.

But you and I both know that's unlikely to happen, don't we?
>>
>>686820365
k
>>
>>686820248
You don't have to be in the military to do that. It's not like they're particularly protected in the U.S.
>>
>>686820190
Yeah in for life sounds nice but maybe a private organization is better but how do you even enlist
>>
>>686807694
Not a plebian. There you go.
>>
>>686820435
I dropped out at college (UK college, I think it's US Senior. 16-18 I left at 17)
>>
>>686808895
Not even A levels. Sad af
>>
>>686820450
Nah say what you will but education is worthless in alot of cases. Its all about experiance and practicality
>>
>>686807694
Currently working a traineeship at my country's justice department. Lots of my coworkers and managers served. Thinking about joining up to, but it might be a waste of my bachelor education.
>>
>>686819662
You choose a speciality with high civilian employment potential and you gobble up all applicable training you can get and you use dat G.I.Bill instead of fapping on /b/ during all your leisure time.

Alternate option, stay for twenty or more. It's nice being fucking immune to Recessions.

The military has enormous opportunities but NONE of them work if YOU sit on your ass feeling entitled.

I enjoyed the fuck out of aircraft maintenance (avionics, then cross-trained to engines, then that field merged with crew chief) and would do again but everyone is different. Structural repair (AKA "sheet metal" though they fo composites etc) aircraft techs are always in demand because there are few of them.

BTW civilian jobs won't do shit for you if you get disabled, and most disability claims are not from combat. That lifetime medical care may be imperfect, but it beats "none" or bleeding out the ass paying for civilian insurance. Also consider how much you'd have to invest, and have that investment escape periodic inevitable recessions, to retire early.
>>
>>686820900
And yet I'm more successful than you
>>
>>686820854
Oh ok I didnt even go fo college I enlisted right out of high school and just did my medical examinations. So there is a future even without college huh
>>
File: 1463444279909.jpg (174 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463444279909.jpg
174 KB, 682x1024
>>686807694
>All you not in the military, why the fuck not?

because i wont be a pawn in an old mans schemes

*tips fedora*
*sheathes katana*
>>
>>686821123
Human networking is huge after service. Calculate based on your country/society.
>>
>>686821320
Definitely
>>686821331
kek
>>
>>686807694
SCOTS here.
>>
>>686821488
Oh awesome! I know a few of your guys!
>>
File: 1431491537693.jpg (374 KB, 968x1296) Image search: [Google]
1431491537693.jpg
374 KB, 968x1296
>>686807694
I was separated/washed out in 2008 from the Army during AIT. I was stupid and said things I shouldn't have. Now, I'm trying to reenlist, but this time go Navy. If they say, "no," I'll try Army again.

I regret ever getting out.
>>
>>686821331
We are all pawns for the masters no matter where we are and what we do.

That said, the least important thing about war is its purpose. Humans love war. It's like being part of the rest of the global entertainment industry.
>>
>>686821074
Well, good luck with all that experiance.
>>
oh yea memorial day is tomorrow

everybody eat various cuts of meat and drink alcohol for every soldier who wishes they could do the same but are dead instead

lets do it for them. lets do it right.
>>
>>686821204
Hmm I just hope I can get to america through nato then it sounds abit better than my country
>>
File: 56357d7ec15e2.jpg (141 KB, 634x867) Image search: [Google]
56357d7ec15e2.jpg
141 KB, 634x867
>>686821799
im no pawn, im the queen piece and i can move anywhere on the board

no homo

*tips katana*
*sheathes fedora*
>>
>>686821796
Holy fuck that is the most "oh god please kill me" look that i've ever seen. And i'll bet that schlub was never even deployed. Thats the look of a man who's seen more paperwork and back-office beratings than one man should ever see.

I could shoot him and it wouldn't even be considered homocide. It'd be a mercy killing. I'd just have to show the cops this picture.
>>
>>686821796
>said things I shouldn't have
what did you say?

you have to tell us
>>
Which is the best British armed force to join?
>>
>>686822350
Army.
>>
>>686807694
Not in the military because I'm good at what I do and find purpose in my non-military job. I'm helping students, helping the people I work with. Make things run smoothly.
>>
>>686807694
I'm only TA.
>>
>>686807694
Because I'm 70% deaf and they couldn't get me on a medical waiver.
>>
>>686822323
Basically that I was considering hurting myself, and 'couldn't handle' military-life (even though I had barely started it). My civilian track record of seeing multiple psych doctors and even being put into a psych ward for a couple of days (which also happened during the separation process) gave greater credence to being discharged.

This was all U.S. military, mind you.
>>
>>686822350
Community Support
>>
OP, just finished doing Biology, Chemistry, and Maths at a really good sixth form, have been a lifeguard for 2 years, generally physically fit an strong although not super ripped. I want to join the army because of the regime and the experience. I am able to do the timed runs for application as well as the sit ups and pull ups, only problem is press ups, especially the ones where your arms are at your sides, really screw me over, I can only do about 5. Do you have any advice besides doing MOD provided training to get over this?
>>
>>686822782
So you unhappy soldiered?
>>
>>686822782
damn dude thats lame
>>
>>686823114
Do pushups every day. Add 1 pushup to the set each time. You won't be tested on them at selection so make sure they're at a good standard before phase one
>>
>>686822782
Have you given any thoughts to the advantages of killing yourself?

We wouldn't have to deal with you for one. Second that pain you feel inside would go away. But mostly we wouldn't have to have you inflicted on us anymore. I'm beginning to realize that picture was actually of of you, and man, you really are better off dead. Nobody is supposed to look like that. Not at that age.

Some people just aren't suited for life. Anyways, however you do it, you should do it in the tub so you don't make a huge mess that can't be easily cleaned.
>>
>>686823311
Ok thanks
>>
File: davis.png (145 KB, 239x293) Image search: [Google]
davis.png
145 KB, 239x293
>>686823140
>>686823144
Yeah, well, I was 19 at the time. I'm 27 now. There's nothing out here for a civilian unless you're an engineer, web developer, or software developer. Parents never cared about my academic performance, so making C's and D's was 'acceptable' in the household. Little did I know that that wouldn't fly in the real world, and there's nothing out here for those who do the bare minimum.

>>686823351
I do everyday. I just don't go through with it because of the other experiences I've had since being separated, *and* the other things I want to do in life. Suicide's something veterans do, and unfortunately, I'm no veteran.
>>
>>686807694
Joined the police because I feel more suited for the role. It's pretty shit though, just the same thing week after week.

>mispers
>drunk and disorderlies
>knife crimes
>yobs
>domestics
>fucking forms

Sometimes wish I joined the military instead.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 13

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.