Navigation: /b/ - Random [Archive] | Search | [Home]
RandomArchive logo

Why do atheists have funerals? Why do worshippers of atheism

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 125
File: image.gif (978 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
978 KB, 500x375
Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?
>>
File: 1463674748053.jpg (109 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1463674748053.jpg
109 KB, 900x900
>>
File: 1460558631523.gif (2 MB, 360x282) Image search: [Google]
1460558631523.gif
2 MB, 360x282
To me at least, as an atheist. Although I cant speak for all atheists, but its a sign of respect. Just because im an atheist doesnt mean that I cant be mournful of an individual I have lost. Also atheists dont worship anything. Infact its the oppposite of worshipping anything.
>>
Funerals are for the living not the dead.

They offer closure and a chance to share your grief with others who feel the same loss.
>>
If God is all powerful, why doesn't He simply tell everyone that He exists?

Why rely on books and men?
>>
>>686303725
It's obvious you've never been to an atheists funeral.
>>
File: (18)th.jpg (14 KB, 363x480) Image search: [Google]
(18)th.jpg
14 KB, 363x480
>>
>>686306211
This is a typical atheist funeral.
>>
>>686305052
That would be too easy
He needs people to believe out of faith
>>
Funeral ceremonies are for the bereaved Not for the deceased.
>>
>>686305052
Profound questions. Too bad you weren't around to debate Maimonides or Thomas Aquinas. Who knows how differently this world's history might have looked...
>>
File: 1443477086399.webm (403 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1443477086399.webm
403 KB, 852x480
>>
>>686306614
>thinking you know what God needs
>>
>>686304614
This
>>
File: image.gif (26 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
26 KB, 200x150
DUANE TIME!
>>
>>686303725
I do it because I just feel mournful and sad that a loved one is no longer with me.
>>686304240
This guy pretty much nailed it.
>>
File: rrowgn.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rrowgn.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>686303725
To celebrate and recognize the passing of their life you fucking nimrod. Funerals actually have nothing to do with religion.What you do AT them is what does or doesn't make it religious.

>inb4 bait
I couldn't help myself. I know people that honestly think this way.
>>
>>686303949
Sadly not. This is what religious people actually believe.
>>
_Atheist_religion_ it is not a fucking religion, Atheism simply means that induvitual is beliving in science and not in supernatural things that cannot be proven.

Then the funerals, alltougth it is a religious sermony. It is mostly a sign of respect and mourning to atheists.
I am an atheist and i do celebrate christmas and easter, even if i do not belive in the religious orgins, mostly out of respect to people that do celebrate them harsly, and it is a free holiday after all.
>>
>>686303725
Funerals are for the living.
>>
so that the people who loved the deceased have a final chance to say goodbye

what the fuck do you think, same as anyone else you goddamn pleb.
>>
Atheists getting BTFO and having childish temper tantrums since there is no such thing as an emotionally mature atheist. Atheism goes hand in hand with immaturity
>>
>>686308029
You must be 15.
>>
File: 1460096618019.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1460096618019.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>686303725
>>
File: rxshb.jpg (34 KB, 641x640) Image search: [Google]
rxshb.jpg
34 KB, 641x640
>>686308759
You must be an atheist. No need to say more.
>>
I'm religious but it's out of respect for the dead you putrid fuck. My father was an atheist and he was the greatest man I ever knew and now he's dead. He still wanted a funeral and I honored his wish.

Where do you live? I want to fight.
>>
File: baittrap.jpg (30 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
baittrap.jpg
30 KB, 600x401
>>686303725
>>
Attention OP:

Atheists don't have to justify themselves to you. They don't have to explain their beliefs, because there's nothing to explain. They don't have to prove anything.

Because that's YOUR job.

YOU'RE the one claiming you have an all-powerful invisible friend in the sky. The burden of proof is on YOU.

So, OP, whaddaya got?

And don't say the Bible, because an ancient book written by provincial desert tribesmen doesn't qualify as evidence.
>>
>>686309797
Oh shut the hell up. The world is a shitty place and a lot of people can't regulate themselves. Having gods and heroes helps to fix this and can give someone purpose.

Also God is not your friend, he is your ALLY in the war against BETAS and COWArDs
>>
>>686309797
Wrong. Atheism posits something and that something needs to be justified just like anything else. So the burden is on the atheist. Can't get away that easily. I know atheists like to imagine they are unaccountable to anyone since they can just hide in their mother's basement all day every day
>>
>>686307234
Faggot.
>>
>>686303725
This could be bait. But I will still try to reply. For me, being an atheist, it's about remembering a loved one. It has nothing to do with the current, or future, state of his/her body.
>>
>>686310450
Wrong. The atheist posits only that you have not proven your case.

Think of it as a criminal trial. It's up to the prosecution to demonstrate that their story is likely to be true. The defense has only to show that the prosecution hasn't proven their case; if it's weak enough, they may not put up any defense at all.

Again, the burden of proof for any claim is on the person making that claim. This is a basic rule of debate. The fact that you don't want to follow that rule shows how weak your case is.
>>
>>686310365
Nothing here that proves OP's point, sorry. Play again?
>>
>>686311137
Why bother though? Their life meant nothing and your life means nothing so why bother with ceremony? Atheists think life is meaningless so don't pretend I'm putting words in your mouth. Don't come back at me with some "where did I say that?" shit. I'm using your own words against you. Atheists hate that.
>>
>>686303725
why do religious people cry when their mother dies ?
>>
>>686303725
I go to other people's funerals to comfort people close to the deceased one. But I made it clear that I don't give a shit what happens to my body when I die. I'd prefer no one wasting their time to stand over my decomposing body tbh.
>>
>>686312050
cause you miss her?
>>
>>686311794
Athiests don't think life is meaningless. They just don't think life effects what happens after you have died. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy being alive. Better then religious idiots who limit themselves in fear of some imaginary god and what might happen to them after they die.
>>
>>686311794
Atheists believe we create our OWN meaning in our lives.
>>
>>686312571
>>686312729
If atheists dont think life has meaning above what an individual chooses to make their life mean, its about as vacuous a meaning as if I had a dictionary where I ascribed definitions to words and i was the only one who used these definitions and understand what the words meant.
>>
>>686313033
How come?
>>
>>686313271
If I ascribe meaning to my life, its about as meaningless as if I were to have definitions for words that only I understood
>>
>>686313033
So what?
To some people life is working 24/7 buying a big house and a Ferrari and to other just having fun with friends and family is more important. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>686313033
Well, to be fair, if we're going to talk about "meaning", we really need to define it. And, in particular, if that definition can be based on anything other than human judgments.
>>
>>686313554
nothing but its meaningless
>>
>>686313401
Words need to have a common meaning, life doesn't
>>
>>686313401
If you had your own definitions for words, that would render those words useless for communicating with anyone else. Really, they'd cease to be "words" at all. So it's not a good analogy.
>>
>>686313613
meaning is generally taken in philosophy and epistemology to refer to the proposition expressed by natural language, or more relevantly, to the conditions which allow us to use terms. For this reason, it is important that there be universalized accounts of what things are going to mean
>>
>>686313704
How is it meaningless? I suggest you recheck the definition.
As I clearly said to some people the meaning of life is to get rich to others it's to have fun. That's no more meaningless then trying to impress a fake god.
>>
>>686313033
it is not choice. it is nature.
and your notion of vacuous is based on your preconceived idea that there is a god, which provides meaning and that that meaning is more valuable than you own.

For an atheist it is the other way around. There is no meaning more vacuous than the one from a non-existing being because that simply cannot be better that our own.
>>
Still waiting for OP to respond to me here: >>686311590
>>
>>686313743
no they dont, the linguistic phrase "chair" has no meaning other than what is conventionally ascribed to it. If an alien came down and interpreted "chair" to refer to penises, he cant be faulted
>>
>>686314039
even if it has meaning the meaning is vacuous
>>
>>686303725
Because we care about that person, faggot.
>>
>>686314022
That's a technical definition that works for the context of language. So what does it have to do with the metaphorical use in "the meaning of life"?
>>
Don't know, I didn't have any myself
>>
>>686305052
He tried that, 2016 years later some jerkwad just asked him to do it again.

He's god, I think he has more important stuff to do than pop up at chunky cheese anytime some doofus goes but where God do?
>>
>>686308759
Smooth comeback! Now finish him off with an nuh uh!
>>
>>686303725
The same reason everyone has a funeral, to help bring closure for those who are still alive. We can act like religious people have more holy reasons behind why they attend their loved one's funeral but in reality an atheists is just as sad when their mom dies as a theist.

They give everyone an opportunity to remember "the good times" and share stories of the deceased with others. It's a final respect for those who have departed.

To suggest that a loved one's corpse is just a decomposing corpse to an atheist would be akin to suggesting that a Christian's corpse is nothing more than a husk of what once carried the soul of a child of God.

Nice b8 by the way, faggot.
>>
>>686314260
No more vacuous then trying to impress a fake god. That's the definition of vacuous.
Vacuous "having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence". That's a perfect description of religious people.
>>
>>686314102
Atheists are making a positive claim, they are presenting a model of the universe. Just because it involves the absence of some thing as it's main defining feature doesn't mean they are passive or not in need of proving anything about it.
If atheists want to be a part of any intelligent debate, they need to bring something to the table.
If someone said that a food is fat free, that is just as much of a description of the food as if they had listed everything that IS in the food.
>>
>>686311590
actually, burden of proof is on the prosecution, as you said. So really it comes down to whoever is making the accusation to the other. If the athiest claims "god isnt real" then burden of proof is on them, and vice versa.

I wish faggots from both sides would stop trying to make this argument, because it doesn't hold any merit in a debate that can't be proven either way.
>>
>>686309797
Nice job cancelling out the evidence you ask for.

How about asking for proof in the form of a flood, or plague of locusts, or someone coming back from the dead (but none of the times these already happened, you deserve a daily miracle before you'd believe in some sky fairy)
>>
>>686315030
"Facts" from the bible have been proven false countless times. That's all the proof Athiests need.
>>
>>686315068
people come back from the dead everyday guy.
As well as plagues of locust.
>>
>>686308029
How
>>
>>686303725
Well it is pretty obvious that you do not know what atheism is. It si not a religion. It is not anything organized. It is simply that you do not believe in any gods. End of story.
>>
File: nottrying.png (1 MB, 1201x897) Image search: [Google]
nottrying.png
1 MB, 1201x897
>>
>>686314074
And this is the crux of the atheist argument, that they know better than someone else the existence of God.

Even though God has constantly given proof of his existence, the atheist, wrapped in his own pride, declares God a fantasy.
>>
>>686315030
Wrong. The scientific picture of the universe is one where God is unnecessary. And yet you're insisting that God exists. The rational response is to ask what evidence you have that he exists.

And you're now saying that you don't need any evidence. Sorry, but that's not how it works.
>>
>>686314820
So you're saying people like Wernher Von Braun are lacking in thought or intelligence? good to know.
Shit argument against religion.
>>
>>686311794
Atheists dont think life is meaningless. They dont believe that a higher power assigned meaning to it. There is a difference.
>>
>>686315750
When has god proven his existence?
>>
▄██████▒▒▒▒░
██▓▀██████▒▒▒█▒╗
█▀▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒
░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒╖
░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓█▒▒
░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▒░
░░░░███▓███▀▒▒▒▒░░░░░░
░░░░█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒██████▄░
░░░▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░
░░░█▓████▓█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░███████▀▒█▒▒▒█▄▓█`%░░
░░░██████▒▓▓▓▌▐▒▒▓▓▀»░░░░
░░██████▓██▌▒@▒▒██▒▒▒░░░░░
░▒███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Ñ░░░░░░░░
░░███▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░`░`░░░░░░░░
░████▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▒███▓▓▓█████▌▄▄▄▄▄@@@φg▄▄█▌░
░░▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▓▌░░░
░░███▒▒▀▓▓▓█▒█▒▒▄▒@≡╩`╓@█▀`░░░
░░░██▒▒▒░▀█▒▒█▒▒▒╗,]Qw▒▒▒░░░░
░░░███▒▒▒▒╖░²╝ÑÉ▒░░░░░░░░,.;▒░░░░░░░░░░,▄█▒█▒░
░░░████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║╔ÿ░░░░░░░░░!▒░░░░░░░░≈▒▀╝░░╩▒░
░░▐█████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒╣░░░░░░░░░▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▀▀`░░░░╓█▌w
░░▐██████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒╣░░░░░░░░░╝▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒▒░
░░░██████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]██▒▀▒░░
░░░███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Ñ░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]██▒╣░▒░ÿ
░░░███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒▒░░░░░
░░░░████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▒▒░╣░░░
░░░░▓█▓██████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒██▒▒░╙░░▒░
░░░░▒██▒█████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒╣▒░░╣▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╘███▒░░░░▒▒
░░░░░▓▓▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒╣▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒██▒▒░░░░░
░░░░░╘▓█▒▓▓█████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒▒░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▓█░▓▓███▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▒░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀▓█░▓▓███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒▒░░░░╣░░░
░░░░░░░░▀▓█░▀▓███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▒╣░░╢╣╣░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀██▒▒▓▓███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▒▒╗░░╢╣░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌▒▀▀██▀▒█▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▒▒╣,,▒░╣░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▓▓█▒▒▒▀██▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒████▒▒▒g 9░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▒▒▓▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒████▒▒▒▌,`▒░░░╣░░║ÿy,wp@▒▒▒▒╣ÿ
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░²▀▒▒▒▓█▒▒█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╟▒█████▒▒█▌,,╙▒░░░╣╣▒▒▒▒Ñ``
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╓▒▒▒███▒░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▓███▒▒██
░░░░░░░░░░░░@▒╣╣╛░`²▀▀▒▒▒╗░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▓███▒▒█▒
░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒`░░░░░░░▐▒▒▒╗░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░▀█▒▒▒▒▒▌╖
░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒Ñ░░░░░░░░░░░▀▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╠▒▒▒w`╩▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒≡≡@@╖╓,
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒`░░░░░░░░░░░░░`▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀╩ÑÑ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Ñ╩╜╝
░░░░░░░╓▒░Ñ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒║
░░░░░░░?▒▌░,░░░░░░░░░░░░░░¿▒▒▒░░
>>
>>686315251
No they haven't.

This intellectual debate is stimulating
>>
>>686315068
I don't need a daily miracle. I just need one, properly documented. Nothing in the Bible qualifies.
>>
>>686314410
Yet every single being every week/daily is supposed to pray and worship him because he chose to build an ant farm. But you have the free will to choose to do it, oh wait if you don't you are damned... yeah he could make time. Honestly I have less problem with an idea of a creator as I do "religions" morons created.
>>
>>686303725
GOD WILLS IT
>>
>>686315750
There is NO proof of God's existence. That's the whole point.

It's obvious, though, that you've never seriously questioned your belief in God. So you're probably not even capable of understanding our reasoning.
>>
>>686315284
I'm glad you agree God exists.
>>
>>686315955
The "Noahs ark" story has been dissproven. Look it up.
>>
File: CT3YeL8VAAAPbkY.jpg (76 KB, 600x822) Image search: [Google]
CT3YeL8VAAAPbkY.jpg
76 KB, 600x822
>>
>>686315955
Ofcourse they have. Let's see, evolution and the age of the planet would be the big two. Then there are things like Noah's ark. You really believe he put 2 of every animal in a boat? That couldn't be done today.
>>
>>686316220
I'd still like to know how Noah kept the carnivores fed. It's amazing any prey animals survived at all.
>>
File: 22322658.jpg (113 KB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
22322658.jpg
113 KB, 1024x728
>>
>>686316602
Mind blown
>>
>>686303725
It is a good excuse to drink Jameson with friends.

Why do Christians say the Bible is lying when it says you will be trapped in your buried body until the end of days, when Jesus will raise you up for the final battle? Because trapped in your flesh forever would be madness?
It is like Johnny Got His Gun, only with even less ability to move or communicate and 0 contact with people.
>>
>>686316602
>>
>>686315969

idd
>>
>>686316898
And then there's sanitation. Awful lot of poop for one family to muck out.

But maybe God miraculously made all the poop disappear every day? See, once you bring in miracles, you don't need logic at all.

Heck, maybe we were all created five minutes ago, with all our memories intact and all the dinosaur fossils already in the ground. Once you bring God into the scenario, there's no reason why it couldn't have happened that way.
>>
>>686315894
Over and over and over, he even documented these proofs in a book, you can even test him today and he'll still prove it to you, there are like 3 ways to ask God to prove his truth to you that I can think of off the top of my head right now.

>>686315833
>>
>>686303725
>Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

No it doesn't. Transcendence means he's still alive somewhere else. Christian religions by nature of believing in life after death means life and death are cheap. You don't get depressed when your phone breaks when you are guaranteed a new better phone for free. You may get depressed if someone breaks something you can't replace.

Death is proof Christians don't believe what they spout. Deep down, they also think it is a lie.
>>
>>686317622
OP, how many times do we have to tell you that THE BIBLE DOES NOT QUALIFY AS EVIDENCE.

It's a book. It was written by human beings, the same as any other book. And you have absolutely no way to prove otherwise.
>>
>>686317622
Lol your "proof" is a book filled with obvious lies (like Noah's ark which you ignore) you can't seriously be trying to use that as evidence.

What are these 3 things we can do to get god to prove he is real?
>>
>>686306614
More like some asshole decided to start lying to people thousands of years ago, couldn't come up with proof for his lies, and decided "faith" was the next best thing.
>>
Funny how these threads start of with a bunch of Christians but the all disappear as the lies they believe are all disproven.
>>
>>686318100
Check and mate, OP.

You cannot convince a skeptic if your arguments rely on the Bible. Because the Bible is precisely what the skeptic is questioning.

So, unless you can come up with something else, you've lost.
>>
>>686303725
You are a fucking fag
>>
>>686318100
Been 15 minutes since I wrote this, with no reply from OP. So that's a win, then? I think that's a win.
>>
Wow this thread was actually pretty good.
>>
>>686319431
I guess this is the only thing that gives your life meaning. Sad, really
>>
File: image.png (754 KB, 1080x1075) Image search: [Google]
image.png
754 KB, 1080x1075
PSA: All Summerfags, this is a baitbot. Fuck off.
>>
>>686320663
No worse than OP and poor responce btw
>>
>>686320890
Eh true but this time people actually argued both sides and religion got curb stomped.
>>
>>686320663
Do you have an actual answer, OP, or are you just going to walk away muttering?
>>
File: 1461478469405.webm (3 MB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1461478469405.webm
3 MB, 624x480
>>
>>686321073
Not OP but before 404 I tip my hat sir.
>>
>>686320890
Of course it's a baitbot. That doesn't mean we can't have a discussion anyway.
>>
>>686303725
to honor a loved one they lost? I mean this has to be bait I guess.
>>
>>686322613
But atheists know nothing of honor
>>
File: 5378750-1.jpg (25 KB, 295x537) Image search: [Google]
5378750-1.jpg
25 KB, 295x537
How can anyone trust an atheist?
>>
>>686322829
Umm, care to elaborate as to why?
>>
>>686306338
if this was the case why would anyone be a theist?
>>
>>686308029
so does believing in the magic man in the sky
>>
>>686315068
the flood (never happened)
locusts (happens all the time cause evolution and biology)
try harder christfag
>>
>>686323702
Umm did you run out of never ending story pics.. who is this?
>>
1) Atheism isn't a religion
2) They do it to say goodbye to whoever died, it doesn't even have to include religion.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462827852077.jpg (27 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462827852077.jpg
27 KB, 650x650
>>686303725
You can't worship atheism you fucking retard. Why do you post stupid ass questions. Just let us go to hell in piece. Go help a church or something. Join the Gideons thats better than posting this shit 8 times a day for the rest of your life
>>
>>686325883
I meant peace
>>
Co
>>
>>686307234
Atheism simply means that induvitual is beliving in science and not in supernatural things that cannot be proven.
What? No, its just lack of belief in a god claim, it has nothing to do with anything else.
>>
>>686310450
Atheism isn't a claim that god DOESNT exist. Since the atheist isn't making a positive claim to knowledge, it ain't our job to prove diddly. Theists, however, make positive claims all the time. That's why the burden of proof is on you.
>>
please, please go away.
>>
Where to?
>>
>>686303725
Implying the funerals were ever for the dead.

>kek
>>
>>686329539
It's always been an attempt to resurrect the dead.
>>
>>686304240
atheist is the worst religion ever
>>
File: 1435723632124.jpg (25 KB, 320x254) Image search: [Google]
1435723632124.jpg
25 KB, 320x254
>>686303725
>>
File: 1435724137816.jpg (77 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1435724137816.jpg
77 KB, 720x720
>>
File: 1435724771230.jpg (78 KB, 600x774) Image search: [Google]
1435724771230.jpg
78 KB, 600x774
>>
File: 1435722693980.jpg (40 KB, 666x497) Image search: [Google]
1435722693980.jpg
40 KB, 666x497
>>
File: 1435722969196.jpg (87 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1435722969196.jpg
87 KB, 960x960
>>
File: 1460548328280.png (65 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1460548328280.png
65 KB, 550x550
>>686303725
>>
File: 1435723376697.png (982 KB, 1187x629) Image search: [Google]
1435723376697.png
982 KB, 1187x629
>>
File: 1435724458454.jpg (17 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1435724458454.jpg
17 KB, 255x255
>>
File: 1435990673251.jpg (436 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435990673251.jpg
436 KB, 1600x1200
>>
File: 1347012928124.jpg (44 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1347012928124.jpg
44 KB, 259x194
all these people taking the bait
>>
File: not onion news.png (605 KB, 866x743) Image search: [Google]
not onion news.png
605 KB, 866x743
>>
File: 1435990815365.jpg (599 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1435990815365.jpg
599 KB, 1280x960
>>
File: 1435990963698.jpg (317 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435990963698.jpg
317 KB, 1600x1200
>>
File: 1435991231668.jpg (81 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1435991231668.jpg
81 KB, 500x400
>>
File: 1435991669961.jpg (97 KB, 415x530) Image search: [Google]
1435991669961.jpg
97 KB, 415x530
>>686331649
>>
>>686303725
same reason they get married, its tradition.
>>
File: 1435991951653.jpg (409 KB, 779x851) Image search: [Google]
1435991951653.jpg
409 KB, 779x851
>>
File: tumblr_nd3lbdQxaX1tbjkbao7_1280.jpg (130 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd3lbdQxaX1tbjkbao7_1280.jpg
130 KB, 720x960
>>
File: 1435992374825.jpg (321 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1435992374825.jpg
321 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>686331982
Meaningless tradition
>>
File: 1347008625467.jpg (40 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1347008625467.jpg
40 KB, 500x369
>>
File: 1435992699133.jpg (2 MB, 2241x3984) Image search: [Google]
1435992699133.jpg
2 MB, 2241x3984
>>
File: 1435992906751.jpg (162 KB, 641x916) Image search: [Google]
1435992906751.jpg
162 KB, 641x916
>>
File: 1435993190976.jpg (93 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
1435993190976.jpg
93 KB, 533x400
>>
File: 1351102470952.jpg (23 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
1351102470952.jpg
23 KB, 490x360
>>
File: 1435993732984.jpg (739 KB, 1484x1977) Image search: [Google]
1435993732984.jpg
739 KB, 1484x1977
>>
File: 1435994223170.jpg (74 KB, 417x518) Image search: [Google]
1435994223170.jpg
74 KB, 417x518
>>
File: 1435998809135.jpg (173 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
1435998809135.jpg
173 KB, 640x630
>>
File: 1436073314026.png (201 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
1436073314026.png
201 KB, 361x361
>>
File: 1436144950935.png (636 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436144950935.png
636 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1436145334001.jpg (274 KB, 960x718) Image search: [Google]
1436145334001.jpg
274 KB, 960x718
>>
>>686303725
Becuz we respect the person's died and we're taking a last moment to reminess aboot the time we had with them
>>
File: 1436145471926.jpg (55 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1436145471926.jpg
55 KB, 500x400
>>
File: 1436145627572.jpg (253 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1436145627572.jpg
253 KB, 499x499
>>
File: 1436145784047.jpg (156 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
1436145784047.jpg
156 KB, 580x386
>>
File: 1436145909862.jpg (336 KB, 1096x904) Image search: [Google]
1436145909862.jpg
336 KB, 1096x904
>>
File: 1436146210215.jpg (96 KB, 597x590) Image search: [Google]
1436146210215.jpg
96 KB, 597x590
>>
File: 1436149059867.jpg (99 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
1436149059867.jpg
99 KB, 400x562
>>
File: 1464209022390.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1464209022390.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>686304240
This
OP do you get any enjoyment posting this shit everyday? Surely it's gotten old even for you by now. Or was the autism torch passed on to another tard?
>>
File: 1436149299100.jpg (93 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
1436149299100.jpg
93 KB, 500x437
>>
>>686303725

usually its the family that has the funeral in honor of the person to celebrate their life.. its not necessarily about religion

i dont need a funeral.. just toss me wherever.
>>
File: 1436149420258.jpg (69 KB, 450x314) Image search: [Google]
1436149420258.jpg
69 KB, 450x314
>>
File: 1436150149420.jpg (120 KB, 383x503) Image search: [Google]
1436150149420.jpg
120 KB, 383x503
>>
File: 1436150332634.jpg (47 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
1436150332634.jpg
47 KB, 443x332
>>
>>686314410
more important stuff to do?
As an omniscient being he should be able to take care of anything at any time
>>
File: 1436150500753.jpg (176 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
1436150500753.jpg
176 KB, 716x716
>>
File: 1436500127736.jpg (84 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1436500127736.jpg
84 KB, 403x403
>>
File: 1436826603552.jpg (151 KB, 1000x717) Image search: [Google]
1436826603552.jpg
151 KB, 1000x717
>>
File: 1436828048789.png (951 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1436828048789.png
951 KB, 900x675
>>
File: 1436149605418.jpg (217 KB, 474x659) Image search: [Google]
1436149605418.jpg
217 KB, 474x659
>>
File: 1436833129602.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436833129602.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: 1442543742640.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442543742640.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>686332422
>>686334800
>>
File: 1435302305035.jpg (32 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
1435302305035.jpg
32 KB, 248x249
>>686335033
>>
File: 1435209711606.jpg (107 KB, 317x523) Image search: [Google]
1435209711606.jpg
107 KB, 317x523
>>
File: 1435219485213.jpg (139 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
1435219485213.jpg
139 KB, 600x403
>>
>>686328496
>Atheism isn't a claim that god DOESNT exist.

So, does God exist, yes or no?
>>
File: 1435300718593.jpg (118 KB, 634x356) Image search: [Google]
1435300718593.jpg
118 KB, 634x356
>>
File: 1435213219456.jpg (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1435213219456.jpg
184 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: 1435217199759.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1398) Image search: [Google]
1435217199759.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1398
>>
>>686328496
Atheism most certainly is just that
>>
File: 1435209867359.jpg (128 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
1435209867359.jpg
128 KB, 640x644
>>
File: 1435210329935.jpg (148 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1435210329935.jpg
148 KB, 600x800
>>
File: 1435212072697.jpg (115 KB, 425x726) Image search: [Google]
1435212072697.jpg
115 KB, 425x726
>>686335455
>>686335300
>>686335988
>>
File: 1435211105307.jpg (83 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1435211105307.jpg
83 KB, 600x800
>>
File: 1435211197334.jpg (902 KB, 2048x1362) Image search: [Google]
1435211197334.jpg
902 KB, 2048x1362
>>
ITT: 95% of people falling for this shitty bait
>>
It is for the family to say a last goodbye you dumb fuck
>>
File: 1435214197359.jpg (97 KB, 444x458) Image search: [Google]
1435214197359.jpg
97 KB, 444x458
>>
>>686303725
Atheist is rare why do you keep talking about them why don't you talk about the mistery flow lying around you and acquaintance. (-)
>>
File: 1435212772615.jpg (104 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1435212772615.jpg
104 KB, 540x720
>>
File: 1435214907725.jpg (298 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1435214907725.jpg
298 KB, 960x639
>>
File: 1435218223145.jpg (363 KB, 997x815) Image search: [Google]
1435218223145.jpg
363 KB, 997x815
>>
Oh... that is cute. His dumb religion is dying and he tries so hard to save it. This is evolution in the box...
>>
>>686336387
pls could someone explain me that meme?
what does that guy. his name.... thanks b/
>>
File: 1435215695983.jpg (89 KB, 446x348) Image search: [Google]
1435215695983.jpg
89 KB, 446x348
>>
>>686304614
This,Argument over
>>
File: 1395592700932.gif (168 KB, 450x362) Image search: [Google]
1395592700932.gif
168 KB, 450x362
>>686336628
His name is Travis. He has two knives.
>>
>>686303725
To be honest atheists respect dead and worship life much more than religious folk.
To Christians this life is worthless and heaven is the real reward. To an atheist this brief moment of existence is all we get and as such is far more sacred.
>>
File: 1440988190567.jpg (485 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
1440988190567.jpg
485 KB, 1536x1152
>>
File: 1440988919561.jpg (180 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440988919561.jpg
180 KB, 960x1200
>>
>>686314378
It's the sudden unexpected ones that turn your world upside down.

As far as op is concerned.
Grieving and paying respect to the deseased is a basic instinct observed among many species.
Elephants are a very good example.
Humans, intelligent and social as they are, experience loss together.
Rituals like burial and cremation are a means to dispose of a body in a respectful way that soothes the pain of severance.
A last goodbye, a show of respect to a fellow being.
Every healthy mind experiences powerful emotions at times and these emotions can be controlled.
>>
>>686306614
Why does God need anything?
>>
File: stop time.png (319 KB, 602x598) Image search: [Google]
stop time.png
319 KB, 602x598
>>686303725
Why does OP make threads every day about atheists?

Why does he use only pink eye girl as the image?

She must have rubbed shit on her eyes for real before that image was taken.

What is OP's answer?
>>
File: 1440904567615.jpg (169 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1440904567615.jpg
169 KB, 1024x1024
>>
First off atheism isn't a religion. second, its part of human tradition and being atheist doesn't necessarily imply you don't believe in spirits or having the fucking decency to celebrate the life a dead person lived and show them respect for surviving a fucking savage world. And finally, because they can OP, coz they fucking can
>>
>>686304614
Destroyed.
>>
>>686303725

Funerals are for the bereaved not the dead.
>>
File: 1440987954062.jpg (67 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1440987954062.jpg
67 KB, 600x434
>>
File: 1463929109583.png (101 KB, 162x266) Image search: [Google]
1463929109583.png
101 KB, 162x266
>>
>>686337019
wew
>>
File: 1440898324444.jpg (84 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
1440898324444.jpg
84 KB, 422x750
>>
File: 1441110975125-1.jpg (489 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441110975125-1.jpg
489 KB, 1600x1200
>>
File: 1440898829942-1.jpg (63 KB, 274x960) Image search: [Google]
1440898829942-1.jpg
63 KB, 274x960
>>
Its just a custom thing. Like its just to remember them as who they were and all the good for them.
>>
File: 1440898829941-0.jpg (14 KB, 250x278) Image search: [Google]
1440898829941-0.jpg
14 KB, 250x278
>>
File: 1440899321423.jpg (50 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1440899321423.jpg
50 KB, 480x640
>>
File: 1440987173684-2.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440987173684-2.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1200
>>
>>686303725
I'll bite.

Atheists still have emotions and having a funeral helps give closure.

Animals show similar behavior. If a deer's fawn dies it will show what seems to be grief. This makes sense from an evolutionary perspective because an animal that feels bad when it's offspring die is going to try harder to prevent that from happening thus increasing the rate of survival for those genes which eventually leads to those genes being in the entire population.
>>
File: 1440988617802.jpg (125 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1440988617802.jpg
125 KB, 500x375
>>
File: 1441117732234-2.jpg (239 KB, 550x856) Image search: [Google]
1441117732234-2.jpg
239 KB, 550x856
>>
>>686303725
you got a point there.
>>
File: 1442199504582.jpg (102 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
1442199504582.jpg
102 KB, 600x610
>>
>>686303725
because the funeral is for the living, not the dead. it's a time for them to get together, say their goodbyes and assuming they don't share the atheist lack of beliefs that the dead guy does, maybe even pray for them.
>>
>>686311794
Ohh the straw man atheist... my favorite.
>>
>>686304240
why do you respect a pile of decaying matter? respecting a decaying cow carcass would be the same thing. but no one dresses up to do that.
>>
File: 1442285381382-1.jpg (60 KB, 665x470) Image search: [Google]
1442285381382-1.jpg
60 KB, 665x470
>>
because funerals aren't for the dead...they are for the living. a chance to view the body, to get closure.
>>
File: 1442285998525-1.jpg (74 KB, 598x514) Image search: [Google]
1442285998525-1.jpg
74 KB, 598x514
>>
>>686304614
if they are "for the living" than you don't need a dead body their technically. you could all just meet for dinner or something as well.
>>
File: 1442285810025.jpg (198 KB, 965x977) Image search: [Google]
1442285810025.jpg
198 KB, 965x977
>>
>>686337984
because its a fucking cow you tard
>>
File: 1442285699033.jpg (538 KB, 1986x960) Image search: [Google]
1442285699033.jpg
538 KB, 1986x960
>>
File: 1442286384482.jpg (63 KB, 452x410) Image search: [Google]
1442286384482.jpg
63 KB, 452x410
>>
>>686303725
Respect. Something you don't have.
>>
File: 1442279782367.jpg (83 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1442279782367.jpg
83 KB, 600x450
>>
>>686337984
those of the hindu religion do, considering they believe cows are divine beings
>>
>>686338527
Atheists are insolent children who never grow up. What would an atheist know of respect?
>>
>>686303725
Why do Christians have funerals? its just an empty shell now. And the loved one is in a better place. Why be sad?
Atheist believe that that person is gone forever...
>>
File: 1442279191625.png (195 KB, 309x572) Image search: [Google]
1442279191625.png
195 KB, 309x572
>>
File: 1442194254137.jpg (337 KB, 1200x1756) Image search: [Google]
1442194254137.jpg
337 KB, 1200x1756
>>
File: 1442197645515-0.jpg (105 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
1442197645515-0.jpg
105 KB, 458x360
>>
>>686338326
when they are dead and decaying they have the same practical use. just admit it you think humans have something special to them worthy of worship after death.
>>
File: 1442195116449-0.jpg (72 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1442195116449-0.jpg
72 KB, 720x960
>>
>>686303725
I was actually going to answer, and I have a very good answer, until I saw this:
>worshippers of atheism

I'm completely turned off right now. You are a sub-par troll. (or a complete idiot)
>>
File: 1442286297791.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1442286297791.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
>>
>>686338712
This, seemingly if anyone should not have funerals it is Christians
>>
File: 1442289211539.jpg (43 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1442289211539.jpg
43 KB, 450x600
>>
>>686338583
that proves my point. if you are atheist and attend funerals to "pay respect" to a dead body you are no different from hindus worshiping a decaying cow. a dead cow and a dead human are fundamentally the same thing.
>>
File: 1442353676643-1.jpg (387 KB, 721x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442353676643-1.jpg
387 KB, 721x1024
>>
>>686303725
I really want to know who the dumbass is that posts these threads.
>>
File: 1442350507045.jpg (111 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
1442350507045.jpg
111 KB, 700x933
>>
File: 1442452598184-1.jpg (210 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
1442452598184-1.jpg
210 KB, 666x1000
>>
>>686338209

You don't.

That happens quite often as well.

You think people don't hold funerals if there isn't a body?
>>
File: 1442451217223-2.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1442451217223-2.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>
>>686338703
respect is a moral structure and all too many people believe that in order to have morals you have to be religious, which is absolute bullshit. Some people think that religion is the only thing keeping others from killing eachother when they're pissed, what keeps an atheist from doing it? The fact that they know it's wrong and still have morals. The same logic applies to respect. You can respect someone without having to be religious, just like you can be religious and disrespectful. Whether or not you choose to be respectful is all about your personal morals, not your religion, understood? Faggot.
>>
File: 1442286989212.jpg (104 KB, 486x648) Image search: [Google]
1442286989212.jpg
104 KB, 486x648
>>
File: 1442196609320-0.jpg (126 KB, 1696x1272) Image search: [Google]
1442196609320-0.jpg
126 KB, 1696x1272
>>
>>686339192
Yes, but we humans have intellectual conversations with one another where we get to know one another. Unlike cows. We have emotion, we can get attached to other people, not cows. So when a person dies, we feel loss for not being able to experience that person anymore.

They worship cows cus they think they're holy. It's only a little different

You fucking idiot
>>
File: 1442449389916-1.jpg (80 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
1442449389916-1.jpg
80 KB, 640x425
>>
>>686339628
What a disrespectful response. Wouldn't expect anything less from an atheist.

Now you'll pretend you aren't an atheist, just to be snubbish.
>>
File: 1442367899975.jpg (139 KB, 920x613) Image search: [Google]
1442367899975.jpg
139 KB, 920x613
>>
File: 1442717001184.jpg (229 KB, 790x1046) Image search: [Google]
1442717001184.jpg
229 KB, 790x1046
>>
>>686339940

No, I think he was stating that atheists are capable of respect and then he explicitly gave you in particular none.
>>
File: 1442627674158-1.jpg (57 KB, 358x480) Image search: [Google]
1442627674158-1.jpg
57 KB, 358x480
>>
File: 1442883816330.jpg (97 KB, 385x573) Image search: [Google]
1442883816330.jpg
97 KB, 385x573
>>
File: 1442624064320-0.jpg (220 KB, 687x800) Image search: [Google]
1442624064320-0.jpg
220 KB, 687x800
>>
>>686339850
How do we know cows don't have emotions? They know fear, that's for sure. Anger, yep. So why not other emotions? Also, just because they can't communicate with us, doesn't mean they don't communicate at all. Body language, sounds that only other cows would understand, shit like that is all forms of communication. You chalk it up like we're the best thing ever because we can talk. Maybe cows talk too, just in their own language. Worshiping, revering or just mourning, it all still boils down to respect of the individual that passed on.
>>
>>686339940
Your trolling game has been slipping, kudos..
>>
>"the atheist religion"
>>
>>686339850
yes, you are "intelligent" but your connection was will the living being that once was. Not decaying tissue and fecal matter. You do realize all the shit they do, when they prepare a body for a funeral(cutting apart organs, draining fluids, stiffening the face) just to make it not smell and make the person look presentable for you to feel emotion over their dead body "properly".

you are a fucking idiot if you are attached to a sack of skin artificially preserved, that can no longer form any thoughts or make connections.

you are a religious retard just like the tards that worship cows cause they think their holy.
>>
>>686303725
Funerals have nothing to do with religion. They are a show of grief and respect for the person who is going into the ground. Funerals are for the living, not the dead.
>>
>>686303725
Why can't atheist define atheism? Sorry I couldn't resist lol... cause that will be the next thread
>>
>>686340410
You are correct. But can I talk to a cow? Fuck no. It's practically impossible to make a real emotional connection to a cow without religious reason or some shit. There's a difference, if you can't see it you're naive and oblivious. In which case arguing anything with you is pointless

>>686340642
Funerals are for the living. So the people that cared about the person that passed can all get together and remember them and finally say their goodbyes. It's not to simply look at a corpse, you fucking moron.
>>
>>686339940
oh, buddy, i'm worse than an athiest, i'm... le gasp, i'm pagan! i worship the earth goddess and all the little creepy critters that skitter across your floor in the night, stealing trinkets and tying your shoelaces together. I'm one of those freaks who gets naked by a campfire in the middle of the night and dances around like a drunken retard on acid because my religion says it's okay. I'm one of those nutjobs who believes the devil isn't such a bad guy, but still don't worship him, just respect his place in the universe. But my wife's atheist if that helps solidify your point any.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 462x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 462x500
>>
>>686303725
That your a stupid troll
That's our answer to your stupid question
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 449x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 449x336
>>
>>686303725
Fuck you that's why
>>
>>686341038
Nobody's amused by your ramblings
>>
>>686341165
Lol obvious photoshop
>>
>>686341456
Nuh uh
>>
>>686303725
If atheism is a religion, it is protected by the U.S. constitution. Go ahead, keep calling it a religion.
>>
>>686341429
like i give a fuck?
>>
File: image.png (451 KB, 845x819) Image search: [Google]
image.png
451 KB, 845x819
>>
If God is real why does he require worship anyway.. aren't I just a dustmite. Why give free will if he is the only option? See if can ask pointless questions too op.
Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 125

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.